Speaker 1: Hey, it's the pickup Monday Afternoon with Britt, Laura and Mitchire. Thanks to chemist Warehouse heading today, you'll get half priced off the Biogland Vitamins range. It excludes bulk sizes. Chemist swear House Great savings every day.
Speaker 2: Now. If there's ever a time in life where you want to feel like you can rely on your partner, like you can trust in them and they're going to be there for you and have your back, it's during childbirth. That is probably the one moment in life where you're like, do you know what, I really hope that they come through with the goods. Yeah, And usually by the time you've gotten to that point in a relationship, you know whether they're going to be okay or not okay. You've done a few birth in classes, you know you would.
Speaker 1: Have a baby in yourself hopefully if you didn't think this person had guide you through it.
Speaker 3: It is relatively decent.
Speaker 2: Well, there was a woman on TikTok recently and she shared a list of all the very questionable things her husband did when she went into labor and then ultimately brought their baby child.
Speaker 3: Into the world.
Speaker 2: Not only is it a list, she's also like itemized it by time because there was just so many of them.
Speaker 3: Right, let's kick it off, have a listen to this. My water broke at.
Speaker 4: Two pm, six pm. Things are happening, and he asked me what was for dinner? Like, I'm a little busy dilating, I can't fire up right now.
Speaker 1: The hide on some men to think she'll still have a roast chick in the oven.
Speaker 2: Also uber eats, like you can take care of yourself, Pal, I'm trying to do my like my deep breathing right now.
Speaker 3: I don't cook when I'm not giving birth. So fat chance.
Speaker 1: I'm baby coming out for men bashing. But odd bash that man with my words, because that is how stupid you can prove your wife isn't your mother. Sorry, that's that's stupid.
Speaker 3: Oh it gets worse. Michtury five am.
Speaker 4: So he's been like taking pictures the whole time and sending them to my family and like keeping them update what's going on. But later I look at these photos, I'm titso like just boo boobies, booby setting for my boobies to my dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like sending updates throughout the course of the duration of the birth to the family group chat.
Speaker 3: Of everything she's done, but not the titties, but like she.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just sending them without thinking that maybe maybe she wants some privacy. Maybe there's a reason why her entire family aren't in the room with her during labor.
Speaker 4: And finally eight am, Yes, that was only the hospital for eight hours.
Speaker 3: I was crazy.
Speaker 4: So it was time to go and they were kind of like, can you eat something before you leave? And I was like, oh, I have a protein bar in my in my bag, so I grabbed the protein bo and he's like, can we split that. I'm hungry?
Speaker 3: Is that top? Is that post birth? Would you? Yeah? Post birth?
Speaker 2: So she's gone in given hang on what she's gone and given birth and then left in eight hours?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean some people do that.
Speaker 1: She's a woman.
Speaker 3: I left. I left four hours after again, how to put the dinner on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she had to go onto a load of washing, wash the floorboards. Okay, My thing is, after you have gone through labor and you've given birth, you are so hungry. You are so thirsty, You're so insatiably hungry. And he was prioritizing himself give the woman her damn protein.
Speaker 3: Well, but he didn't get to eat dinner because she didn't cook it in time. Yeah, so he's hungry.
Speaker 1: You've had kids, You've got two gorgeous kids with your husband, Matty Jay, Well, how is he like during childbirth? Because he is such a sweet, considerate, empathetic man. I feel like you'd be the perfect partner.
Speaker 2: The reason why I found this list so funny was because so I went into I went to labor with Marley and we were induced, and Matt was hell bent on creating a TikTok about all the things you shouldn't say when your partner's in labor.
Speaker 3: But the thing was I was actually in labor, and he.
Speaker 2: Was making a TikTok about the things you shouldn't like, the irony in that whole thing. Anyway, this went on for eight hours, because I was in labor for eight hours, and then the doctor comes in and goes, you're ten centimeters dilated. I'm just gonna go and get the nurses and everything because it's almost time to start pushing.
Speaker 3: Doctor leave's.
Speaker 2: Matt goes, Oh, I don't know how long this is gonna take, but I'm really hungry, so I'm just going to go down to the cafe and get chicken sandwich.
Speaker 3: Leave what leaves where it goes downstairs.
Speaker 2: He go time and he got a chicken sandwich. But he made it back just in time, and he was very good during the actual push.
Speaker 3: She let him go down.
Speaker 2: I think I was delirious by that point in time. I don't think I newly knew what was going on. Also, his mum was there with us in the room. No what, and she's amazing, so she was. Yeah, she was doing all that.
Speaker 1: Were you asked if it was okay if your mother in law was there while you were bald eagle.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I know that sounds very random, but no, it was wonderful having Ellie there because it also meant that whilst Matt got very hungry and needed many many food stops, there was someone there to fill in for him.
Speaker 3: Put it that way. He tagged him out with his mum, and then his mum.
Speaker 2: Was right there and she she was down there at the business end, and he was up top at the party end.
Speaker 3: He didn't want to see what was going on up on me. When I give birth, They're not leaving my side. They are there. They'll be feeding me, they'll be watering me, they do whatever it is.
Speaker 2: And then the doctor came over and they said, Matt, do the honors. Cut the umbilical cord. And he goes, nah, I'm right, And I was like, I'm sorry, no, cut your child's on bilical cord.
Speaker 3: He goes, oh, no, I can't. I can't do it. It'll make me vomit. I was like, this will make you vomit. I just push it out. The least you can do is cut the umbillical cord.
Speaker 1: I'm done from the waist down the Oh funny, all right, we got five hundred bucks at Chemists Warehouse to go and spend up a store at Chemists Warehouse. And if you've got a similar story, what did your hubby do during labor?
Speaker 3: What did your partner do? It's not always hubbies, just your partners'd be terrible. I'm gay.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I'm going on about.
Speaker 3: Like I'm not man bashing here, but you're like, it's only the men aren't.
Speaker 1: Either woke one I don't know. Head to the pickup dot com dot a you will give the best one five hundred bucks a chemist whare house Now podcasters, if you missed the show today, if you've just tuned in, You've got a whole big show to go listen to iHeartRadio, search the pickup and when cold and flu strikes, Demeson gets it done. Always follow the directions for use.
Speaker 3: We got Will and Woody driving your home today. What's on the show boys?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this afternoon, the return of Rude jud and of course another whole row of Taylor Swift tickets to give away right up next.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a good one, Seela, Guys, Tomorrow May