Speaker 1: Peter Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 3: I did ask Rooms when we got to the studio she was sick, and she said no. But now the nose is red, the nose has been blown. Yeah, I'm confused and I feel cheated.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: I trust you. So if you say you're not sick, you're not sick.
Speaker 1: I'm not sick. Thank you. Let's go.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 1: I'm Kita.
Speaker 5: You and I are both interested in tech. I will speak for both of us. We are interested in tech.
Speaker 2: I am trying to convince I like I love tech.
Speaker 1: I like my phone.
Speaker 5: And our producer Mikayla has yet again come through the goods. She's found a TikTok about how to become a tech housewife. Naturally, my interest was piqued. There's been some jokes about tried wife lifestyle and the idea of.
Speaker 2: Not jokes in your an this aspiration.
Speaker 1: You know it would be nice to be taking care of Let's be real. Play the tape, Mikayla.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 6: The s girl wanted a rich and attractive husband, so she went on linkedinn and found guys with impressive job titles at tech companies. Once she found a guy who was cute and rich enough for her, she went to his other social media pages.
Speaker 4: And found out what his dad did for a living.
Speaker 6: Once she found out that the dad top potter at a local art studio, she signed up for his ten week class. Throughout the ten week class, she's dropping breadcrumbs to other students and the teacher about what kind of guy she's looking for in a long term relationship.
Speaker 4: All she did was go to the Sun's.
Speaker 6: Social media page and list out all of his hobbies and say, I'd love to find somebody who does all of these things and has a great job in tech.
Speaker 4: The dad obviously overhears all.
Speaker 6: Of this and is like, oh my gosh, I have a single son who would be perfect for this girl.
Speaker 4: So the dad called her over after class one night and says, hey, I.
Speaker 6: Don't want this to be weird, but if you want to go on a blind date with my son, I'd be happy to ask him to.
Speaker 4: See if he would go out.
Speaker 6: She's elated, but she keeps her poker face on it, and it's like, oh, yeah, that'd be great. Why don't you set us up for some drinks. They go on a date and they are vibing. He thinks he found his dream girl, and she knows that she found what she wanted because she plucked him off the internet. From what I know, he is about to propose to her, which means she is weeks away from realizing her dream of sitting out by the pool all day while he goes clickity clock on a keyboard at work bringing home that money.
Speaker 5: Sorry, guys, I was just mid tooo. Look, this is a long conon type of behavior. I do believe. I don't like to switch gender norms and put it on its head. You don't, but it's giving stalker. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, it's giving set up. Do not put that popcorn in your mouth. Put it away. Okay, I'm this natural confectionery style popcorn. Just I've got to take one more bit really quick. Please carry on.
Speaker 3: But I will say maybe there is something to say about treating this kind of like process of finding a partner like super seriously and strategically, as opposed to just hoping that you run in the right circles and hoping that they find you interesting. Why not just pick the one you like and do something insane to get them. Look, I hate the idea, and I don't think a lot of us are cut out to date in this way. Didn't we talk about Mark Zuckerberg's agreement. I don't think it was in prena, but there was an agrievent him and his wife had where she.
Speaker 1: Has to spend twenty hours with him or something.
Speaker 3: It was one hundred hours a week together. That's more than a full time job. So I don't know if we're cut out for what's required for this, but I'm happy to know that people are getting theirs.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, I have some terrifying and shocking news. My SERI is haunted.
Speaker 5: I was in a weekend away last weekend in a little known place called Windsor in New South walesh h, what are you doing? Just a weekend away in an old, old farmhouse? Okay, in the middle of nowhere, no reception. Why am I talking to my friend Eliza?
Speaker 1: And I say how old were you?
Speaker 5: When suddenly a disembodied voice comes over me and it says.
Speaker 1: I'm as sprightly as a spring chicken. We all stop, We go.
Speaker 2: What whoa like? What we're like?
Speaker 1: There's a there's a little series saying I'm a spiralis a spring chicken down the bottom the screenshot?
Speaker 5: Yeahank goodness, and we're like, what the hell? And then my air tag starts going off. No, it starts going beep beep. It does be no, no, no every now. And I've never heard this beat.
Speaker 2: I mean, my air tag does beat periodically. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: AirTag on the key. I highly recommend this is what the.
Speaker 2: Air tied your keys?
Speaker 3: No, not your clocky, let's hide the keys coy as.
Speaker 1: If no, they can't find my Yeah, this is.
Speaker 2: Actual safety one. I want you shouldn't show your keys. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's my keys. Guys. Are you ready? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that I know that noise. Okay, that's what I don't know that noise I know the first time. Oh, I'm confused.
Speaker 1: So that is what the sound should sound like when you're air tag your keys. Tell me I'm hearing.
Speaker 5: Beep and we don't know where it's coming from in the house.
Speaker 1: Then siriuh says I'm as old as a spring chicken. Ready, let me ask, Hey, sirih, how old are you? Siri bitch.
Speaker 6: For me.
Speaker 2: We talked about.
Speaker 1: Hey, Siri, how old are.
Speaker 5: You well, I came into existence gradually, but my first day as an assistant was.
Speaker 4: The fourth of October twenty eleven.
Speaker 3: Like, that's something that makes up if she remembers saying that she's a sprightly as a spring chicken.
Speaker 5: Hey, Siri, do you remember what you said on Saturday night when I asked you how old you are?
Speaker 2: Hmm?
Speaker 4: I don't have an answer for that?
Speaker 3: Is this?
Speaker 2: But you has a ghost? It was a ghost. You have proof.
Speaker 5: So all I'm saying is, guys, Sirih's always listening and I do believe in paranormal activity only when I'm with friends, and it's funny.
Speaker 3: Do you recall a couple of years ago, before Apple started this very intense privacy campaign, there was some kind of I don't know if it was information that came from Apple or someone who was asking a question about services, but it was asking how does live photo work? Like how are you able to get the photo moving before I've taken the photo? And they said, well, the camera is always always on. We only just start recording when you press record, so the data is always there. We just don't keep it unless you press record.
Speaker 5: Oh, they've got some compromising footage then yeah, so the camera's always rolling.
Speaker 1: We can't live by that.
Speaker 2: Us currently living like.
Speaker 1: That, five cameras in the venue. No anyway, Siri, if you are really haunting me, so is it Siria or the ghost?
Speaker 5: It's both serious and ghosts. Seria's are disembodied human right in my phone, God bless her.
Speaker 1: You're listening to flex and froom on Kata.
Speaker 3: Thank you to the invention of the clock app. I'm finding myself with front row access to concerts that I would never have thought that I would see Taylor Swift concert. I now know exactly what happens, no surprise. Is there the need to spend any money Beyonce, I get exactly what's happening there.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Be based intro be.
Speaker 3: Based intro d D did with the rise of the clock app. There's been a lot of discourse about the issue with phones and social media at Venus. People say, well, back in my day, we didn't have any phones, and that stuff tailed into this conversation about how people aren't actually able to have a good time at concerts because of other people's phone use. Right, if it's blocking your view, if it's disrupting, like the general energy. And so phones are so bad at concerts, why don't we get rid of them? Will you say, well, well, that's silly, because how will we promote how good the show was?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: True?
Speaker 2: Or where will we put the phones? Do we block them away?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: What if I want my phone for safety? What could it be? We understand wanting to get out the phone. You want to capture your moment. And most people who aren't content creators or super fans just want to capture a song or two for their own personal member they'll never watch again, that they'll never watch again. But that's their own prerogative. But if every person in this thirty thousand capacity and he wants to capture a song or two, suddenly the phone is out for the whole two hour show. What I am advocating form is in their new content creators, whose job it is to capture every single talk break, every single song, and every single major moment. At the end of the concert, you are able to access the footage, but you're limited to four videos max down lad by QR code and then you have the perfect vantage point, perfect sound quality of your night. If you really want to see it so bad it's there for you to access, and especially with the amount money people are spending on.
Speaker 2: Concerts these days.
Speaker 3: I thought I was breaking a bag when I spent two fifty to go see Drake maybe seven years ago.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is premium.
Speaker 1: Fifty just for you. Yeah, damn, and it was.
Speaker 3: It is premium Now people are paying five six, seven hundred to go see Scissor and Concert. You know, OK, two K to go see Beyonce. If I go pay two K to see Beyonce is on to phone, ye get in my line of sight?
Speaker 1: Well they should just do it on ah. Okay, I'm pretty sure when I saw Tame in Power, which is my Beyonce?
Speaker 2: Kevin Parker Beyonce?
Speaker 1: Can I get a T shirt? Kevin Parker is my Beyonce?
Speaker 5: Listen, I think this is a terrible idea if I paid that much money. I need my own vantage point because nobody can create or capture content quite like I can.
Speaker 1: There's a certain lack people.
Speaker 3: They're abusing that privilege of being able to capture that.
Speaker 5: I'll take one or two, yeah, but I'm not not out the whole time.
Speaker 3: Oh, we need to do what content photographers do. So I know at festivals you're allowed to photograph the first three songs in the pit and then you're out of there. Really security needs a space. Yeah cool, So maybe we need to implement some real rules, not these vague. You can only bring in a bag that's thirty less than thirty centimeters wide. Okay, thank you. Real rules for the concert experience, because people.
Speaker 1: Do because flex has a weapon.
Speaker 2: It's my foot in the back of your and.
Speaker 5: It's also COVID because you just spread flex and rooms on Kaita. I love games. I love board games, excluding Monopoly. Don't even ask me to play Monopoly. I don't get it. I've only played it for ten minutes and then lost concentration. Okay, I'm a you know girlie, and I'll do it little, you know.
Speaker 1: I thought it was is it?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I call it? You know guys.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I was on the top and I found this game. Mikayla, please play the talk to explain what it is.
Speaker 7: Chicken nuggets to Kaylie Jenner three to one girl, Yeah, fast pressure, Okay, It's perfect. It's McDonald's, Travis Scott Mill Marketing Advertising, MJ.
Speaker 4: Travis Scott.
Speaker 7: There is Kanye you could go there, be here, just time.
Speaker 4: Let's go baby.
Speaker 5: So basically what he's done is he starts off on a particular Wikipedia page and then he times himself to try and get to another Wikipedia page through the links on Wikipedia. So he's gone from Chicken Nuggets to Kylie Jenner today. I want to play the same game. You can also play it at home, provided you not driving, provided you're just sitting in your bedroom, for example, always in the bedroom. I want you to decide. I'm going to start at Hungry Jack's. I want to get somewhere random. It could be a world war, it could be a celebrity. It could be Jim Carrey. You choose, and we'll see how long I can get there.
Speaker 2: You're celebrity or Jim Carrey.
Speaker 1: Say tell me where I need to go.
Speaker 2: Wim Hoff.
Speaker 1: I need to get from Hungry Jacks to wim.
Speaker 2: Hoff the breathing technique guy.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, please whole process.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm on the Hungry Jack's Wikipedia page. I want to go to.
Speaker 5: Oh my God products, so, oh my god, I'm going to go to chips and then I'm going to Indian English.
Speaker 1: Oh that was not a good. Okay, going to English?
Speaker 2: Can you go backwards once you've gone forward.
Speaker 5: Oh no, okay, now we're going to go to Oh what country is that guy from?
Speaker 1: No? No, oh my god, Britain, Old English. No, that's not going to work. He's this is hard. Okay.
Speaker 5: Now I'm going to go to moods. Oh grammatical mood, not to be confused. Oh I need the other mood realists. Oh this is so hard. Okay, wim Hoff wim Hoff English.
Speaker 1: And then I need to go to America. Wait is wim Hoff American? Breathing? Breathing?
Speaker 2: Give you tips?
Speaker 1: I don't think that counts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can we like to give you tips? Okay, Well he's Dutch.
Speaker 1: He's Dutch. Okay, cool, cool, thank you, thank you, thank you. That will help.
Speaker 5: Okay, we want to go to Deutschland. Deutschland, Deutschland, Neterlands. Oh guys, come on, oh my god, guys. Oh how do I get here? Irregular English verbs? This is not working inflected? Oh, here we go person grammatical guys.
Speaker 1: This is just this isn't really working with it.
Speaker 5: This is not what I'm just gonna go wim Hoff and see where I could have gone wim Hoff, Yeah, could have gotten there from motivational speaker, Extreme athlete or New York Times motivational speaker. That was hard, guys, That's way harder than I thought it would be.
Speaker 2: Did you get there?
Speaker 5: Nah?
Speaker 1: I took a short cut and gave up. But that's a really fun game if you have fun, I.
Speaker 3: Feel like with a group, like what just happened Now, I zoned out. If you're playing on your phone with the private practice.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 1: For more, tune into Cater on dab emit on iHeartRadio.