Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian No Show Podcast. Did you get injured on your birthday? That's the question.
Speaker 2: Go on to a stat twenty This is channing twenty two percent.
Speaker 1: That's hig more likely to darn your birthday. Why do we think that is? What are you up to your on your birthday? Your god? You do you want a victory lap at you? Yes, that's what it is. Yeah, universe goes ah. This one's getting a bit cocky. It's more sort of risky behavior, isn't it.
Speaker 3: You have a few and might do things that you wouldn't normally do, like hang out cars or something.
Speaker 1: Cars. I've never seen anyone.
Speaker 2: All right, So who got injured on their birthday and an unexpected gift?
Speaker 1: Fiona? Hi, I love Fiona. So this is he did this happen to you?
Speaker 3: Or yes it did? It happened to me? It was I actually wasn't drunk at all. It was the night before my party and it was my fortieth and we because we had kids, we decided we'd have a pirate scened family party and we ordered a pirate pirate ship jumping castle and they were setting it up the night before and my kids went on the jumping girls, and they're saying, come on, mom, jump on, jump on, And I didn't even get to jump. I actually it was that time because it was in summer, but it was at that time of the night where it gets a little bit chilly and on my legs. I was wearing shorts and my her legs were quite cold. So I went to step on the actual jumping castle and I pulled my I think it was the Achilles and I didn't break it. I didn't break it. Well, you know, warming up. I didn't warm up, did I.
Speaker 1: We've got it now our range, we got warm up to go and jump.
Speaker 2: Those exercise bikes. You get these side of foot again. Sometimes she started all that before you run on.
Speaker 3: But the problem was that I actually, I actually really became a pirate the next day because I had to have a crutch and.
Speaker 1: Character. Yes, yeah, you led into it. Well done, Fiona, Fiona, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: You killed me.
Speaker 3: Okay, how we go?
Speaker 1: Thank you? And you don't you just came off. We're just doing that. Have a good day, Travis, good question.
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm going to Travis? So what happened on your birthday? You get injured?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: On my forty third birth I went out abb Salon with a couple of mates and I was absailing and my foot dot caught and I fell about five meters and broke my ankle. So then they sent the ambulance and s e s out. They hike into the three ambulances and the sees hiking to where I was where it broke my ankle, and then they couldn't get me out, so they called the helicopter and winched me out. So I got a helicopter rides from.
Speaker 1: The pick birthday.
Speaker 2: That this is something I just presume that you've done it indoors and that would be intense enough on your birthday at forty three.
Speaker 1: But you mean proper ab sailing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, out on the cliff. There's actually a YouTube the guys filmed that. It's actually on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Wonder Night sold on to get the ambulance put the camera down as.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: One of my sons that I was absent, and we've said to me, if you move out the way that I think the everybody's going to be a while, we could do a couple more jumps. So it's going They're not coming in a hurry.
Speaker 1: Dad.
Speaker 4: It's a long walk to get into here. So I just moved out the way and we can jump. And while we're waiting for their bows to.
Speaker 2: Come and tell me this, Travis, right, I never spoken to someone who's been sort of rescued by a helicopter.
Speaker 1: What was that? Like?
Speaker 4: I was pretty full on the raider wash when they're actually above you. But the guys from the helicopter, the parlot and the and the rescue guy just amazing, just you know, really really well trained and yeah, amazing people like yeah, it's I was just amazing. The right of wash, Like I got dust in every orifice because of the right of wash. And then they winched me up and just as I got to the helicopter, I started to spin. So because I've given me more fe I was like it was like a really.
Speaker 2: Watched kind of interested you know, you're off your face and spinning through the air.
Speaker 1: You are mate, and get the plane.
Speaker 4: That wasn't pretty much it and and the rescue guys like push me in and I'm like, well this is then then I spent my whole birthday in hospital and my partner at the time is living in the jurist so she only found out I was in the hospital and she found out while my Facebook, so she wasn't too impressed.
Speaker 2: Get all your news, but love, isn't it very much our sort of in the house or in family CNN?
Speaker 4: Isn't it fa Yeah? With that, I haven't made out absolutely its.
Speaker 1: Helicopter rescue. We'd see all that as a one off experience. Travis from the University.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Travis, an epic story, genuine epic story. I'll give you pair of just a small thank you for the cinemas gold class tickets.
Speaker 1: They're really goods.
Speaker 4: Thanks. Christian text me.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast, and it was actually before we start this phone in just you know, look mildly looking forward to It's all we can do when you turn in forty nine on my birthday Tuesday. I'm actually genuinely nervous. Something's going before me. You should be Hey, real is a gream reaper.
Speaker 1: Get out of the way, old man. The youth could come. You're in the way on the radio, so it's assistic. We found it yesterdays. You're twenty two percent more likely to die on your birthday. Someone to know? Is this true? So far?
Speaker 2: Two calls people who have injured themselves on the birthday. There was the jumping castle that an adult. Really, you've seen them after a couple of drinks. I've done it. You're asking for drive. I've seen like mates of mine like bump heads together and it's not gonna sounds out. It's dangerous after a couple a kid's party. And then there was Travis who was abselling on his birthday and fell five meters lucky to break only his ankle, but how to be airlifted high on morphine of the what dramatic epic birthday? So we want to know who else has been injured on the birthday. So two calls so far. Sheryl, good morning, Good morning, So Cheryl, what happened to you on your birthday?
Speaker 5: Well, it wasn't me. It was my husband. It was his sixtieth birthday. I've gone to work and we raised sled dogs. He was taking his dogs.
Speaker 2: Do you casually move on like, yeah, that's what the third quarter we've had this week?
Speaker 1: You raise sled dogs? What's a hobby?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: What like the old huskies? You're much much more with that little bell.
Speaker 1: Don't have to be like Alaska for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, yes, no, no, we do it here. In Victoria down the Princess Highway or no, no, no, no, we do it all over in state forests, all over Victoria. Well, great fun. We get a camera Abelaide Queensland. Yeah we listen, we.
Speaker 2: Get it, yes to say it happens?
Speaker 1: Okay, mat right now? So what happened on the old sled dogs?
Speaker 5: Taking the dogs for a run out of the front, Taking the dogs for run? I've gone to work. It was his sixtieth birthday, So how.
Speaker 1: Many dogs will be? Like six? Or three?
Speaker 5: Two?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Two twos? Enough? Is it? A guy?
Speaker 5: Too plenty for him? At sixty And he goes he's racing out the corner like he always has, like an idiot, and all the neighbors think he's absolutely crazy with two dogs on extended leaves on the front of a scooter and and he fell and his leg went behind him and he broke his legs. And he's looking at the front. He's laying out the front, but everyone's gone to work, so there's nowhere around. So he gets himself up and like the dogs are ready for a run. They're going and he's like, no, no, you're going to come back. So he gets them back in. He's hobbled inside and then he helps himself to miss himself to the hospital. That's fine.
Speaker 2: Your Australians are tough. How do you drive yourself with a broken He.
Speaker 5: Made me at work. He brings me at working, says, oh, I think I've broken my leg. I said, do you want me to come over? Goes manner. I'll take myself to the hospital. Okay, broken leg? Oh he did. He's just man.
Speaker 1: Surely it was an automatic.
Speaker 5: Now he got the automatic. We have got a Manu cart automating.
Speaker 2: To need to be using both legs or break accelerator, stuff like that.
Speaker 5: So he gets to the hospital breaken league. That's fine. But because it was his sixtieth birthday that day, I had bought tickets to see Hugh Jackman for that night. JA with a broken leg? What I was noting?
Speaker 1: I love the greatest showman.
Speaker 5: I was not going to miss out on seeing h jacks.
Speaker 2: Go on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the show mus go on. So he went with a broken leg on coaches.
Speaker 1: So where did you have to see this?
Speaker 2: Normally they get people who are injured. You get to go in early and leave early for safety. So do you get better seats?
Speaker 5: No, they wouldn't give it or we winning early because I rang them to say what has happened.
Speaker 1: Ye coming in hot?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it didn't make any difference. We just got there early and just had to wait longer.
Speaker 1: And what was a great showman line?
Speaker 5: Absolutely fantastic. It was worth it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did your husband and it was?
Speaker 5: He survived.
Speaker 1: And what's happened to the old dog Slay team?
Speaker 2: Is that back in business or was it all packed away?
Speaker 5: Definitely? We have racers. They'll start at the end of May and they run till the end of August.
Speaker 2: All right, so you have a season not with a Grand final or something. The two best riders, if the.
Speaker 5: Team, if it's the temperature is over fifteen degrees, it's too hot, we can't run. So you've got to do it in the middle of winter and very early in the morning, like we start racing at about six am.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: It's just been out imasually, just going casually for walk with your dog, and there's the flipped slaves going by.
Speaker 5: The Game of Thrones are warbe they're used to him because he's been dealing with Probably.
Speaker 4: Couldn't get race in the corner where and where I'd love to come and see it.
Speaker 5: He's crazy. We don't racing wherever, We just run the dogs and wherever we're racing up in Bendigo. Cool the race that we put on. It's our twenty first anniversary this year, so we congratulations in July, in the middle of June, the June July school holidays. We've got a big race on up in Bendigo.
Speaker 1: Okay, lovely, thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 5: No worries.
Speaker 1: Ay by you're listening to The Christian o' carles Show podcast