Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Good pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura Burn? Ready your worth our windows?
Speaker 3: D that's my world reason the dust only good, babs as all down.
Speaker 2: I don't much, but yeah I'm not. I'll big get and what I want. It don't matter where.
Speaker 4: Does this is the pickup?
Speaker 1: Hi? Guys, it's the pickup with Britt Hagley and Laura Burn?
Speaker 2: And do you know what day it is? Brittany?
Speaker 3: Only because of you, otherwise I would have no idea.
Speaker 1: It is the first day of school holidays in New South Wales?
Speaker 4: Is this exciting or is this like?
Speaker 3: Because sometimes I see a lot of different memes going around online, whereas some people are ecstatic and some people I just hate their life for the next two weeks.
Speaker 2: No, I don't, I know. I love it.
Speaker 1: I love that the girls are on holidays, the Christmas holidays, however, which are really long.
Speaker 2: By the end of it, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, school needs to start soon, but Easter holidays great. I can't wait to do Easter hunts and for the Easter Bunny to come.
Speaker 2: I'm starve.
Speaker 4: Do you think you're still going to say that in two weeks time?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Checking with me in two weeks.
Speaker 1: So right now, I'm pretty excited about it, honestly, like it's day one. They're so excited, they're on best behavior. There's ample activities to do. In ten days, I might feel different.
Speaker 4: I strongly, strongly can't wait to come.
Speaker 2: Back and see how you feel.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 1: On the weekend, something happened to my husband, Matt, which resulted in many people that we were with telling me that I should pee on my husband, which.
Speaker 2: Let me get stung by bluebottle. Yeah, is that it? That's it? Yes, how did you know?
Speaker 4: Well, because that's the number one treatment for a blue battle sing.
Speaker 1: Is we peeing on someone cannot be the number one treatment? Okay, So we were at the beach. We'd been there all morning and had no idea was assuming with the girls having great time, and then something must have changed in the current and there was an entire swarm that got washed in. There was like hundreds of them, hundreds, And at that moment Matt had gone for a sum but he was really far out and he'd gotten stuff get him into.
Speaker 2: He was at his little goggles on. He was swimming around.
Speaker 1: The rocks, but he honestly, he was so far on one side that it was not possible for him to come back in without getting stuck because there was just so many of them.
Speaker 2: And he came in and I could see.
Speaker 1: That he'd been getting absolutely blasted by them on the way, and he got one wrapped around his neck, he had one over his shoulder, he had one down his back. Like they got him good. Oh, really good, Like that's like a horror movie. I walked in and he was like feeling very sorry for himself and shaking a little bit. And we were there with some friends and one of my friends turned around and she was like, Laurie, you need.
Speaker 2: To pee on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I had never heard this before.
Speaker 2: How have you never heard?
Speaker 3: Like growing up in Australia, the one thing you know growing up that you're taught is like you're taught how to swim, you taught how to ride a bike, and you taught when you get stung by a boo bottle.
Speaker 2: That you're wie on it.
Speaker 1: It was even so weird to me that, like even she was like, I mean, I'll wee on it if you need.
Speaker 2: Me to, like everyone's offering to it.
Speaker 1: And I was like, hold on, surely he could just wei in a bottle and we on himself if he needs to, Like, why does it have to be my week? Firstly, anyway, I was horrified.
Speaker 2: I'd never heard of this.
Speaker 1: I got home and I was talking to my mother in law who lives with us, and I was like, oh, Matt got stung by a blue bottle. First thing she says, did you wei on him? I was like, you know, this is not normal everyone. She's like, oh, you know, when Kate was young, I once weed in a bottle and I had to pour it on it. And I was like, I'm sorry, I'm sorry we did.
Speaker 2: We need to back this up.
Speaker 1: So yeah, she apparently, you know, twenty five years ago it was thought of that this was like.
Speaker 2: The one thing that you did.
Speaker 1: I think it went from we to vinegar and water like that became a popular way of treating blue bottles.
Speaker 3: I think because it's acidic. I think the legend goes that it was like something to do with that. So I thought it wasn't a ciittic.
Speaker 1: I thought it had to do with the warmth, like the warm water neutralizers.
Speaker 3: It's not the warmth, because otherwise she just put a hot, warm bottle on it, not we.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's good anything to do with.
Speaker 1: He Well, it turns out that if anyone out there is still wing on blue bottlestings, it's absolutely a wives tale.
Speaker 2: Please stop. I've done my research. Now it's a myth. It's a myth.
Speaker 1: The best thing for blue bottles is like just normal fresh water. You should not be weaning on each other. Don't we on your husband. Then you're into that unless that's your king, Like, it's not going to help a blue bottlestick.
Speaker 3: So funny because whilst growing up I know that that was like what people say you do right, I didn't actually ever know anyone to do it.
Speaker 2: But now I know your mother in law weed.
Speaker 4: Into a bottle and tip that on her kid.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cooked when you say it out loud.
Speaker 1: It did make me think, though there are so many bad wives tales that we've been told are good solutions for things that go wrong. Another one like if you've got a stye, they say to rub a gold ring on it, which I would just like to say, if you're still rubbing a gold ring on a stye, very unhygienic, not a good idea. Lots of bacteria, nothing like rubbing bacteria into bacteria to really inflame that.
Speaker 2: Sty you've got.
Speaker 4: You know what I do think you can do. I think it's real.
Speaker 2: Is the tea bag?
Speaker 4: You know, when you put a green tea bag on your eye?
Speaker 2: What kind of tea bag? Nor the green tea bag is sick. Oh, you're going back to the urine fetish.
Speaker 3: So when I think about what I was doing growing up, you know what I did. I used to really want to get rid of my freckles. When I was a kid, Like I was covered in freckles.
Speaker 1: You have no freckles now, yeah, laser them off, right. So it wasn't the treatment that you use.
Speaker 2: It's just when I was like a.
Speaker 3: Young kid, I was in the sun. You obviously you don't wear makeup as a kid, you don't cover them. I've still got little freckles. I just cover them. But I read that you could massage lemon juice. So I used to like cut lemons and like scrub them into my skin because I've read that that got rid of freckles. Absolutely can confirm it does not get rid of freckles. And it's also not very good for your skin. It's so bad for your skin.
Speaker 1: It's also like the same thing that we would do when we put in our hair, but like I mean, it worked. It did bleach your hair, but it also destroyed it in the making. Other things are like putting potato slices on your head to treat migraines.
Speaker 2: That's meant to be like an old wive's tail cure.
Speaker 1: I've never heard that sleeping with onions in your socks is supposed to cure a cold. Also not confirmed, but I think that's true. I don't think it is, yep. I think producer Grace is like it's not.
Speaker 3: No, it is, and there is a reason, and I can't remember what it is. But it's like a Chinese medicine thing. I think, well, maybe you'll believe this one as well.
Speaker 1: But it putting chicken in your on your head to treat baldness, I'm.
Speaker 2: Definitely not doing that.
Speaker 4: You could try that.
Speaker 1: You've got the little patch of the bat for fertilizer like apparently people used to think it fertilized your head, and stepping in warm cow dung to treat athletes foot terrible.
Speaker 2: Who made that up? I don't know.
Speaker 1: And it kills germs and bacteria and heals wounds and dry cow dung is a great scrub to get rid of dead skin and improve blood circulation.
Speaker 2: So that information there produced great.
Speaker 3: The only one I'm sticking by for that, I think the onion. I think there's something in that.
Speaker 2: Do you want to know the explanation?
Speaker 3: So the theory is that onions absorb bacteria and viruses, but there's no scientific proof that it actually works.
Speaker 4: Could you also google what a group of blue bottles is called?
Speaker 2: Is it are swarm? Is it? Ah?
Speaker 1: So you do learn stuff here at the pick up Matt got stung by a marta, by a whole school of Mama mamata.
Speaker 2: I've always had commitment and shoes laws. You know that. But I have committed now to my field. Say but the well done.
Speaker 3: The one thing I've never had trouble committing to is a restaurant. Like you know, when you just find your groove with a cafe or a restaurant.
Speaker 2: You know the vibe there.
Speaker 4: You know, you know what's on the menu, you ordered the same thing.
Speaker 3: I developed an unhealthy relationship with this cafe, right, which is my go to. I go there probably four times a week. When I go there, I get the same thing four times a week.
Speaker 1: When you know something's good, you become a creature of habit.
Speaker 4: I just think about it.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a chicken sitz l sandwich.
Speaker 3: So it's nothing that's like mind blowing, but it in itself is mind blowing, like it's a top notch chicken snitty.
Speaker 2: So I went there.
Speaker 3: I went there last week and ordered it and they said, enjoy this. It's the last one, nah, And I said what And they're like, this is the last one.
Speaker 2: And I was like, why why would you do that?
Speaker 3: They said, oh, it's been moved out for something else, a different type of sandwich.
Speaker 1: Because no matter how much you ordered it, brit you seem to be the only one.
Speaker 3: No, they just like to mix it up, so they swapped it out with a steak singer. Great, but it doesn't have anything on a chicken snitty in my eyes.
Speaker 2: So I was really upset.
Speaker 3: Enjoyed every bite and then I went home and I just thought, this isn't sitting with me.
Speaker 2: So I contacted the restaurant. Brittany, she's a celebrity. I have needs once and they're not being met. I contacted them. I just wrote a letter.
Speaker 3: Well in their dms, in their instadiums, I didn't send it with a carrier pigeon down to the restaurant.
Speaker 2: What did you say? I just told them my honest feelings. I was quite vulnerable with them, and I just said, look, this is.
Speaker 6: A really cool part of my life and I think you should reconsider this. The classic chicken schnitzel soundwich is a staple here in Australian culture. I think it's a mistake that.
Speaker 2: You're taking it off. I have a question for you.
Speaker 1: Did you message them from your account that has a blue tick?
Speaker 2: Is that was it? Did you wield your blue tick around it wasn't from my burner account on.
Speaker 1: This poor unsuspecting restaurant.
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't do that intentionally, but it's my only INSTAGRAMM.
Speaker 3: So yes, yes, I did they know who I am? I go there three days a week.
Speaker 2: I am this.
Speaker 4: I frequent this restaurant.
Speaker 1: There is nothing more devastating. Actually there's a lie. There's plenty more things, but let's just go with me so dramatic. It's pretty sad when you go to your favorite restaurant and you have your favorite meal that you get there all the time, and you rock up one day and the menu's changed and it's no longer available. This happened to me recently. We go to the pub every Wednesday night, and every Wednesday night because I'm a creature of habit and I do the same thing on repeat. I get the prawn chili pasta last weekend. That's a lie as well. It was a few weeks ago. I got there and the prawn chili pastor had been taken off the menu.
Speaker 2: And guess what, I've never been back since. Isn't it devastating?
Speaker 1: I can't go, but I'm not gonna send them a message from Lady and a cat and be like put the bron bastera back on now.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to give them my feedback. I think it's important. I didn't. It wasn't a roote email.
Speaker 3: I just said, I want you to know it's a very love sandwich in the community.
Speaker 2: I just want you to think. I want you to think this through. Their response, did you threaten them with anything?
Speaker 1: We'll be like, I'll never come back, Brittany Hockley, will never come back unless you put the sanger back on.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't, but they responded really nicely. I'll at you on.
Speaker 3: Their response was the response was we hear you, we feel you. It was just time for change. But can we say the steak sandwich is amazing. We recommend you try it. Anyway, I thought, you know what, I love them and I'm loyal, but I'm gonna have to have a break from them.
Speaker 2: But I figured out the fix. So I went back.
Speaker 3: Yesterday and I ordered the steak sandwich and then I said, can I swap.
Speaker 2: The steak for chicken snisle? Oh my god, they did it.
Speaker 1: Now, you guys, if you're listening to the show, I mean, cast your minds back, because it was a while ago we were having a big conversation around kids at weddings and people who have like designated kid free weddings.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, or like should you be allowed to have kids?
Speaker 3: Because I was trying to work out if I should have kids at my wedding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I guess like unless the bride and grooms say, like they're not invited that you can't bring kids to the wedding, then I think it's kind of expected that sometimes kids come.
Speaker 4: Well, Laura, I still think you have to ask.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: I agree, And also I understand why some couples have no interest in having children at their wedding.
Speaker 2: I get it. Now.
Speaker 1: There is a woman who has gone completely viral online because of a reaction that she's had to a child that showed up at her wedding. So they had specified it is a kid free wedding, don't bring.
Speaker 2: Them, yeah, bold yeah, boldly it is.
Speaker 1: It was like, you know, its just really highlighted at the bottom of the invitation. Now she's standing up there, her name is Claire Kendall Tates.
Speaker 2: She's standing up there at.
Speaker 1: The front doing her vows with her husband, and all of a sudden she hears this.
Speaker 2: But I'm the only one that knows them.
Speaker 1: And one of the questions I asked was when did you know you were in love and wanted to spend the rest of your life together as husband and wife.
Speaker 2: So I got I think that wasn't even a crime. Baby.
Speaker 3: I think it was saying no, no, yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: Not a newborn. That's that's like a one and a half year old or something like.
Speaker 1: That's a So what has happened is one of her guests, so a friend or a relative has driven ten hours to come and be a part of this wedding. Like when I say be a part of it, I don't mean standing out the front. I mean to witness the ceremony. In the vows, they have refused to take the kid out of the ceremony when it started crying because they felt so entitled to be there, because they're driven so far to get there.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I would be so dirsy if I'm listening back to my vowels and all I can hear is some screeching child that does not belong to me, not even in my bloodline, not even my lineage.
Speaker 4: Like a screaming baby.
Speaker 2: Even it was my own child, I kick it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my child wouldn't even be in there screaming.
Speaker 2: That's so rude, No, it really is.
Speaker 1: And now I think most people would listen to that and have a real issue with their wedding vows being ruined by a screaming baby.
Speaker 2: And normally I would say.
Speaker 1: On this show, I'm the one that would stand up for the little kids.
Speaker 2: I'm like someone, think of the children.
Speaker 1: But even I listened to that and thought that's absolutely outrageous. But what I do think is more outrageous is calling out a family member or calling out someone who's come to your wedding that you've invited publicly on social media. And that's exactly what Claire has done. She's posted this online. She's docked her family member or her friend.
Speaker 2: She's name and shame.
Speaker 1: She's literally the one who's pro I had this information saying this guest thought he was so entitled to be there because he'd driven ten hours and brought his baby.
Speaker 2: Does she add him? Like? Does she tag him fastuff? I don't think she did well.
Speaker 3: I mean, you don't have to tag him, he'd still knows friends. That to me is a pretty big statement. That to me has been like, we're not friends anymore. If you're going to dock somebody to that level and make sure everyone knows that you're twat, then you're not going to be friends anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to me, that's definitely you have made a decision. After standing up the front of doing your wedding vows, you're like, we shouldn't have beenvited that person.
Speaker 2: I reckon I'd stop.
Speaker 3: Down on the wedding and say, excuse me, security, can you escort that small child out?
Speaker 2: Can somebody you take that toddler out?
Speaker 1: I just want to say this because I found this very funny. Claire has come out and said She is now an advocate for completely charred free weddings because of this experience, and I think.
Speaker 2: Go off, Claire. Really lend your time for stuff that matters in the world. We love advocacy here at the some of homeless women's rights. How are you an advocate for that?
Speaker 4: Do you go to wedding scene if his kids there and take him out?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? I know, Claire, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: I want to know how are you advocating for that?
Speaker 2: We'll tag Claire in this post and we'll update you guys to