Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Christian O'Connell Show podcast yesterday, Patsy noticed something about her daughter and if you had to get the school bus to school, right, and most of us did school bus track?
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, me too, Patsy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely did school bus stop outside your house or did you go to the central bus stop?
Speaker 4: No, we were in the bush, so down down the driveway.
Speaker 3: I always saw that on American movies and was jealous that you had the school bus pull up outside their house.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you have to go on walk cages with your school bank kicking it along the streets, and so there were loads of other kids there and you went. Then there was a mad pylon to even just get on the bus as well. So what did you notice then, where is Aldie on the on the school bus?
Speaker 4: Well, she's normally right behind the driver up.
Speaker 5: The floor when she gets bus six.
Speaker 4: So they've had to put her.
Speaker 2: We all knew at school. Well what they say about the kids at the front, you're going to fight your way. That's why I had to fight your way to the back.
Speaker 5: Well, she's she's getting there. She's like two seats back.
Speaker 2: But this is brilliant, it's like a great gate. I'm going to pitch the Channel nine. I've got a show that can take on the Cube on ten with Andy Lee.
Speaker 3: Now, school bus, it's like musical chairs, but on a bus, I've got to fight your way to that back.
Speaker 5: So but it's kind of by default because they've got all these new preppies that have started.
Speaker 4: She's grade four, so she's nearly middle school. So she's had to.
Speaker 2: Go a couple of seats, find a weaker kid or a smaller kid than you go, I'm taking that seat. That's how it works.
Speaker 4: But there is a hierarchy, isn't there?
Speaker 3: Definitely everyone knows it.
Speaker 2: Back at the back, the way is the kids at the front, all right, the kids at the front. Then it's then then there's the middle front. Then there's the back front, and then there's the back. Right, if you break it down right, the middle bit right, so it's middle front or middle back? Middle front. Were the nerds, weren't they? They were sort of intelligent kids?
Speaker 3: Well why at the front is the kids who were there for the backpacks on their knees like prim and proper.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was me as up the front?
Speaker 5: Well you as will I never got a line up fronts never ventured past about three seats because I was too petrified of the tough girls and boys at the.
Speaker 3: Back at the back every day, you're gonna fight if you get kids out of the way, especially on that bench back. The right at the end of the bus is the primo spot.
Speaker 2: And within that there's always a hierarchy. Within the hierarchy. Yeah, Queen Ant is always right in the middle.
Speaker 3: Looking down the aisle.
Speaker 4: Down the aisle, that.
Speaker 2: Is the king pin spot. You see who's coming down. You shall not pass as some little kids thinks it's their time to come to the back. And then on the henchmen, they always frank my henchman, they send like an X wing. Find do they send one of them out there to defend them off, to see what they want.
Speaker 3: Our bus was always overcreated as well, so most people were standing up hanging off those.
Speaker 2: Real safe Yeah, no seat belts already in the day, no worry about personal safety. The bus driver never used to see sit down to some of the kids. Do you also sometimes just run up and down the bus We also do. If you're at the back. You also get to sort of flip the burd and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: To the cars and you can get away with Murdy.
Speaker 2: To pull your pants down and do a movie and stuff like. That's to love the back seat.
Speaker 3: Now, we didn't play a pan start.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's a Catholic school I went to. It was a different thing.
Speaker 3: It was the priest.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to lines. Now, where did you sit on the school bus?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Jack and I were at the back. I was never the king pin in the middle though, you know, at the back right there, controlling the alleyway from Drod that the gang plank down the middle. Were you ever there?
Speaker 3: No, I would say I was one seat from the back.
Speaker 2: Yeah I was. I would I made it to the back. But I wasn't a henchman. I was the court chester. There's always a room for the court chester at any king sat.
Speaker 3: The king would know me by first name basis.
Speaker 2: And that's enough, isn't it. You know, it's like the Godfather's run that way. All right, let's go to e Fie.
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good Fie. So is this bringing it all back school bus etiquette?
Speaker 6: Surely, sure he is. The thing you could do was get the best, big tighter st sack to watch the stacks on in the middle of the bus.
Speaker 2: You kind of won your first big battle at school, haven't you getting into the middle. But it's a long way from the front to the middle.
Speaker 3: That's I can't believe you missed all this by just sitting in the front.
Speaker 4: Seats, a timid little thing up the front.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine that we're paying the price for that.
Speaker 4: Now it's all coming out.
Speaker 2: Now it's been reversed. You and I are at the front trying to get to the back. But look who's at the back right in that's central one pat our heads in, let's go, let's got a Jodie.
Speaker 6: I was started at the front. Where's my way sort of to the middle. But where I knew the hierarchy on my bus was on very very cold mornings, the bus couldn't actually make it up a hill. So the kids that were very cool in the back seat they got to stay on the bus and all the rest of us plugs had to get out and walk.
Speaker 2: Wow whatever. The cheapest sort of coach hire company was in town. That's the school they would ring around, so they got the dirtiest buses, but just about to go out of sort of being use basically go that's the one to put young, precious children and on.
Speaker 3: So were you the walker, Jodey did or did you get to sit at the back?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was a walker, Still coming back today.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast