Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: Thursday. Are welcome to the pickup?
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, hey guys, it's.
Speaker 2: All things a chemists warehouse heading today, great savings every day.
Speaker 3: Do either of you care about the King's coronation? It's okay to say that because everyone's talking about it, and every time I hear about it, I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, it's okay to look. It's pretty big news. It's the sort of thing is like in quotes, stopping the world. People are lining up for it already, even though it's days away.
Speaker 3: Literally people are people are lining up from yesterday.
Speaker 2: Well they're also getting an iPhone when they get to the front. I hate happened.
Speaker 3: You're the only person I know that would line up for something. You would line up for yeezis you would line up for an iPhone.
Speaker 4: Remember those really hideous giant red boots that Mish wanted to like pre order and line up for and they were so.
Speaker 5: Ugly, Mitch, shit, we pulled you.
Speaker 2: I was in an online waiting room for thirteen hours and they're.
Speaker 4: So I wouldn't wear them for free if someone gave them to me.
Speaker 3: I really enjoy how talking about the King's coronation just turned into us selledging dumping on me.
Speaker 5: And his boots. That's how much we don't care about you know.
Speaker 2: The last time I lined up somewhere was when you were sick, Britt, and I had to go all the way to your house and line up for that green juice that you demanded to have. Took me an hour to get that green juice.
Speaker 5: And then you got fined and then I got a parking fine.
Speaker 2: Last time I line up, Hey, on the show today, we don't really know much, but we just know that Britt, you've had a health scare.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Look, I have had a health scare. It was a very concerning, very worrying out of the blue. But I'm going to tell you about it. But I'm undergoing treatment for it as we speak.
Speaker 2: Okay, something that could affect everyone listening, effects everyone. Okay, that's on the way to pick up for your Thursday A welcome. It's the pick up with Britt, Laura and Midge Stuck on a month'sday gift Chemist Warehouse. They've got you covered with big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. Walt's on into Chemp Warehouse. They got great savings every day.
Speaker 3: Ask Yes, it is time to ask on Kant and that is when you guys write in or call in with your big, deep, dark and dirty questions. Look, we love this segment. We do it on the podcast on Life on cart every Thursday where we answer listener questions, and on the radio show Oh you come up with some doozies.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Christy joins this on thirteen one or six five. Hey Christy, what do you need help with?
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, I have a bit of a predicament. I don't know if I'm a bad person or not, but engagement rings. Now, I was engaged for four years. I've just recently canceled my wedding. A bit of hum and hiring, no cheating, nothing like that. But I guess I felt like I needed to constantly reassure my partner and I needed constant I guess help from him to you know, in our relationship. I just needed help. He wasn't improving whatsoever, So I just it wasn't feeling right for me at all. Now I've got this engagement ring and he's beggar for it back. What do I do? Do I give it back or can I keep it?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: So, so you still have the engaged ring, You've been wearing it for the past four years, and now that you haven't gone through with the wedding, is he asking for it back? Like, is he demanding or are you just kind of wanting to know what's the best thing to do.
Speaker 1: No, well, he's asking for it back now. In regards for the ring, I work in hospitality, so I work in a kitchen, so it's not like I was wearing it every single day for work purposes. We couldn't actually have it on, so you know when we'd go out, I put it on the weekends and stuff like that, so sentimental value for me, it wasn't on my hand every single day. So for me, I'm like, well it's mine, Like, can I keep the ring? Can I get it repurposed into another kind of ring so it doesn't have that engagement pooy?
Speaker 2: She's like, can I turn it into a pair of shoes? Maybe?
Speaker 4: Can I go to a jewel r and maybe the next engagement ring?
Speaker 2: Hold on. So when you say you said at the start that he's not showing any signs of improvement, what has he done is he has he been cheating, like a motional cheating. Because I think this answer will depend on what he did to you.
Speaker 1: No, he's not emotionally cheating, but I just don't get that feeling of yep, this is the one like this is for me, Like just the issues at home, like come on, dude, pick up after yourself. I'm not your mum right look.
Speaker 5: And the relationship just its course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just what it.
Speaker 5: Sounds like nothing happened, You're just not right for each other.
Speaker 4: I'm it's hard for me because I'm sitting on the fence because if I want to say, for you, as a woman, yeah, keep that ring, it's yours, sell it, do it.
Speaker 5: You will melt it down.
Speaker 4: But then I think, oh god, if I was the guy in that situation, I'd want the ring back.
Speaker 2: For sure, you got to give it back, But I spent like.
Speaker 3: Twenty k on it. Well that's my question is do you have shared finances?
Speaker 5: It all?
Speaker 3: Like, do you have a shared bank account? Because if you did have it, when you've been together with someone for so long, aren't the things kind of just yours mutually? And therefore who gets to keep the ring?
Speaker 5: I mean, what bank account did it come from?
Speaker 1: Well, it came from CES. We do have joint bank accounts. But what about my time that I've put into the relationship, Like, that's.
Speaker 2: All value, Christy, this is his money. If he cheated on you, I would be I'd go, Christie, you go full scorched earth. You take that ring, you take the dog, you get out of there. But you've just fallen out of love with him. Give the man his ring backs?
Speaker 3: Also, did he still want to get married?
Speaker 1: He did anyone else?
Speaker 3: I mean, but some people do think it's a gift. Right? Has he made it very clear that he wants the ring back, like he's asking okay, right, did he pay for it?
Speaker 1: He did pay for it.
Speaker 3: So there is this in Australia. I think the laws are different everywhere, but I actually think legally you have to give.
Speaker 2: The ring back. What is the law? Do we know what the law is?
Speaker 3: Well, because I think an engagement ring is like it's it's the contract. You're saying, I'm going to marry you, and that is your like physical contract. So if you call the wedding off, as the person who's been proposed to, if you call the wedding off, you can't keep the ring because it's part of the contract.
Speaker 5: I mean, there are no dotted lines signed, were there?
Speaker 3: But if he calls it off. I think then you can keep the ring. So maybe if you go to court, you say it was him, blame him for it, and then keep the rinks.
Speaker 5: Do you know what, I would just the number, just blocking.
Speaker 2: Don't take that terrible advice, Christy, give the ring back?
Speaker 3: What would you if it was you? What would you do? Would you give a ring back if you've been proposed to in all one thousand dollars xterra in your bank account?
Speaker 5: In all honesty, I probably would just to be done with it.
Speaker 4: If they were hounding me for it, I'd probably give it back because I didn't like confrontation. I don't like and I probably wouldn't want the memories constantly. But if it doesn't bother you and you feel like you deserve it for whatever reason, CHRISTI, I mean, do what you want to do.
Speaker 2: It's a different story if you're you're going to keep it. But if you're going to take it to cash converters, maybe I back that. You know, I love an independent woman. If you're going to get a bit of cash back, go for it.
Speaker 4: I'm going to change to give it back.
Speaker 2: If you want some advice like that start somewhere and ends in it completely different.
Speaker 3: If you'd like to be confused, please give us a call.
Speaker 2: Let us know on the pickup Social send us a DM now next on the show, Britt, this is very serious, very true. You've had a health scare.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have had a health scare. I am okay.
Speaker 4: I am undergoing treatment for something at the moment on my face that is pretty scary, and you guys are not gonna want to look at me over the coming days.
Speaker 2: All right, You're gonna reveal it next after this on the Pickup. It's the Pickup Thursday afternoon with Britt Laura mitch here heading the Chemist's Warehouse today, great savings every day.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 4: I want to talk to you about something a bit more serious today, but it's very important, So bear with me.
Speaker 5: Over the next week.
Speaker 4: You are going to witness something on my face that he is going to be quite disturbing. So I went and got a skin check a couple of weeks ago, probably two weeks ago, now three weeks ago. I had three spots on my face that I was a bit worried about, and I'd been really lazy with it, really.
Speaker 5: Putting it off.
Speaker 4: But I thought enough's enough. I saw a young person in Australia. Just on the news, I saw them pass away from melanoma. And that's what scared me enough to say I'm going to do it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I'm glad I did because the three spots that I have was worried about turns out to be something called solar keratosis, which isn't exactly rare, it can be quite common. It is not yet cancer, but it turns into cancer. So it's it's called pre cancer.
Speaker 3: And looking at your skin, Okay, your skin looks pretty perfect to me. I would never have looked at your face and thought, oh that's something you go checked out.
Speaker 5: Well, this is the worrying thing.
Speaker 4: I will say, I have really great skin. I've never had to suffer with bad skin. It's always been really great. It looks on the outside like it's great quality. But this is the thing that doesn't mean anything. So I've got these three spots that are pre cancerous. If left will turn into skin cancer. We'll turn into something called SCC, which is squamous cell carcinoma, which is a nasty skin cancer.
Speaker 2: So what's the treatment? They cut them out? What do you do from here?
Speaker 4: No, So the treatment is you have to order a cytotoxic cream. I had to order it from another state. Now you cannot touch this cream without gloves. It cannot touch anything. Anything it touches, you have to double bag in a plastic bag. You can't even put it in the rubbish bin. You have to take it to a chemist to disclose of it. It's cytotoxic. You've got to put on your face, so I have to put it on my entire face so you can't tell.
Speaker 5: Now I'm three days in.
Speaker 4: I've been using it for three days, but it takes a three weeks and in a couple of days it's going to kick in.
Speaker 5: But what it's going to do to.
Speaker 4: My face is essentially it kills all the skin, kills everything around it. It stops the bad skin cancer cells from duplicating, which is very important, but I will my face could potentially turn into one giant, huge, red, weeping scabs.
Speaker 3: We're going to be off the cameras. When that, I mean like looking at your skin. Now, I know I say I would never look at your skin and think that there was something wrong with it. But it's not like you have moles, you know. I think traditionally you think, oh skin cancer. It's from a rogue mole that's changed color and size. No, I don't have any moles in your face.
Speaker 5: Nope, I have three. You know what it was?
Speaker 4: I have three areas that when a little bit darker, they were almost like a freckly area. They went a little bit darker and a little bit drier, so that I had quite dry skin. But these parts were particularly dry and nothing would get rid of it. I would go and get the deepest, most hydrating lotions, I would get lasers on my face for like regeneration. Nothing would touch these three spots. And that's when I thought, something doesn't seem right.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. I don't know about you, but I haven't had a skin check in I'd say five years. It's been five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's crazy to me.
Speaker 3: I feel ashamed to say this. I've not been had a skin check in ten years, a decade.
Speaker 2: Really bad.
Speaker 3: I was twenty seven the last time I got it checked. Because I remember who I was dating at the time.
Speaker 5: This is really scary.
Speaker 4: So Australia has the most the high rated skin cancer in the world. One in fourteen men and one in twenty five women will have melanoma in their lifetime. Now that is scary. One in fourteen men, one in twenty five women, and it's the third most common yeah type of cancer in Australia.
Speaker 3: I wonder if mena more predisposed because traditionally men have more outside jobs, you know, they're like possibly laborers, or maybe they're exposed to the sun a bit more. But I genuinely do I feel embarrassed to say ten years it's been.
Speaker 2: I have spots as well, guys that I mean, I'm freckly. I've got actual spots that I am worried about, and I've just put it off because you think the mentality is it's not gonna happen to me. I'll cut it out if I need to.
Speaker 5: Haven't you gone because this is ridiculous, Okay.
Speaker 3: One of the reasons why I haven't gone is because because I think when you feel healthy, when you think you're healthy, and you can't like nothing. I haven't never seen a spot that's changed. I've never had anything that I feel overly worried about. And so when you're busy, it's just one of those back of mind things you go, I'll go next year, not a prior. I'll make another booking I think I made a booking once and then I had to cancel it just never rebooked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I made a booking one since she's like, you do realize you have to get naked, and I just ghosted it didn't turn.
Speaker 5: Up day.
Speaker 2: All right? Everyone, Well, Britt, we're glad you're okay. All right. Next on the show, and we've all had few through our neighbors. You will never believe how bad this feud between two neighbors in the UK is gotten. I'll tell you all about it next on the Pickup. It's the Pickup Thursday AVA with Brent, Laura and Mitche.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 2: If you're stuck on a Mother's Day gift, Chemists Warehouse has you covered with big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. Chemists Warehouse got great savings every day. Let's head over to the UK. Everyone's talking about the King's coronation. No no, no, no no. A union of two people more so than the royal family is catching my attention. We'll tell you what talking about. We all know how bad and intense arguments with your neighbors can get. We've all been through them. We've spoken about them on the show.
Speaker 3: Oh especially Brett Britton hates her neighbor.
Speaker 4: But that's because my neighbor was your neighbor, and you handed your neighbor then too.
Speaker 3: She is truly horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people don't know that Britt rented Laura's past department. They had the same neighbor. She holds people down, long story shorts. She's terrible. But this feud in the UK has gotten so out of control. It's reached new heights that I actually admire. So Wendy, who's sixty eight, lives next door to Lee who's twenty eight. He parks his VW camp van in her allocated parking spots. Well, it's hard. They both have spots, mind you. They live on a coulder sack, like a classic British culd De sack, so spots are already very weed tight as they are. Yeah, it's a bad move. She's written letters and said, I know, mate, do you mind not parking me migirl? Because I've got a cook through the morning. I've got to get off to work and get to Scores and I don't want you to be there in my parking space.
Speaker 3: This was from English to Irish.
Speaker 2: It got so bad he kept ignoring these letters, Wendy decided to erect a two foot metal ballard to keep her parking spot reserved.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's one way to go about it. Well they do in Sydney.
Speaker 2: Lee just got up and decided he'd knock it out. He'd pull it out of the ground, he would pull it down, She'd put it back up. She put CCTV cameras up, he'd pull it back down.
Speaker 3: Who was putting up CCTV cameras to protect their car path on a car?
Speaker 4: No car spaces are so rare and hard to come by. I'd be protecting mine at all costs.
Speaker 2: As would I. And you think, God, this is gonna get It's gonna go up and down, up and down forever and ever. Wendy installs a CCTV camera. I'm sure she hires a handy band. She wouldn't be able on a ladder at sixty eight. Jesus, what she catches on this camera is so mind boggling and so admirable. I think it's incredible To get back at Wendy. Lee has brought his partner, his female partner over late at night, in the early hours of the morning, and he and her have got.
Speaker 3: It on Oh, they had some special cuddles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was parking something very different in that spot.
Speaker 5: A smaller suv, a much smaller.
Speaker 2: It was a two door, and the windshield wipers were going because he was he was getting it on with his girlfriend on said Ballard direct eye contact with the CCTV camera and said, Hey, Wendy, how did your ballard veel?
Speaker 5: Now you definitely did not say that.
Speaker 3: Do you know what Wendy needs to do? She needs If this is something that he's doing, like on the rag, if this is his new thing, don't approach him, don't tell him that you know about it, But go and put something that's going to make him really itchy all over the bar, something on there. And then it's like you're upping the revenge and it keeps on growing. Chili. Yeah, rum it down with chili.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 5: What's the purpose? How is that getting back at her because you have sexy car?
Speaker 3: No, I reckon, it's because he has a kink. His is like a parking kink. He wants to win the parking kink.
Speaker 2: Oh you think he's into he's into spots.
Speaker 3: I mean he's literally into sacks. Well, let's not yuck anyone's Yeah, maybe that's the thing that gets him off.
Speaker 5: I was her, I'd be like parking Mini, They're fine, do what you want.
Speaker 2: Go park it, don't park the v parking Minnie. Is that a slab? Is that a stab?
Speaker 3: It in?
Speaker 2: When he's done is she's called the police. He's been arrested for indecent exposure, so she's really had the laugh last. So they're in federal court now. He's been slapped with an eighteen month community order, ordered to do one hundred and fifty hours of unpaid work, and two hundred and fifty quid compensation to missus Bryant. So she's had the last laugh. He's in prison.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they say crime never pays No, definitely.
Speaker 2: All right, we're done, guys. We'll see tomorrow for Friday. All the gosh from the King's Coronation will be on the show Will and what are you up next to you?
Speaker 5: Then by bye,