Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: Row everybody, Happy Monday.
Speaker 3: Hello everyone?
Speaker 2: Old she just nearly blinded me with the lights.
Speaker 3: It was really last minute, wasn't It really was?
Speaker 4: Turned the show lights on. The girls in their contract have like studio level lights.
Speaker 3: I'll stop.
Speaker 4: It must be on them at all times.
Speaker 3: I thought it was on you.
Speaker 4: I benefit you do.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, sixteen days till Christmas?
Speaker 4: Can you believe it?
Speaker 3: Sixteen day?
Speaker 1: It is? It is?
Speaker 2: How last week long? Last week before you're gone?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 3: Do you guys feel like it's now becoming festive?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 5: Are you at the point, because I think that's it hits for different people.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: For me, you're not alone and I don't do much.
Speaker 3: You're feeling Christmas festive?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Oh it's not.
Speaker 1: That's how you make it bestI right, my family's not here. I live alone, so it's not like this. I don't just play Christmas carols alone at home.
Speaker 2: But I don't feel it yet.
Speaker 4: Well, you know how I know it's Christmas when you walk into Cohl's. The bakery is all Christmas things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's been like that since Halloween. It was like October rolled around and then all of a sudden, the Christmas decorations.
Speaker 4: You know, like you're leaving the check out and you almost trip over a panatona and you're like, oh.
Speaker 1: It's ready, and then everywhere falls into your basket and then you fire.
Speaker 4: I've never in my life bought a panatone. They don't look tempting.
Speaker 5: Okay, they're delicious, and my family's Italian and so like that's like one thing that we have on Christmas Day.
Speaker 2: I don't buy them either they.
Speaker 3: Look dryes or dirt.
Speaker 2: Online shop so I don't trip over any paton.
Speaker 4: We leave the house, you're painting pressing image.
Speaker 2: I don't go out often.
Speaker 4: I just come to work basically single. I live at home. Online shop. I don't see so take bart of the b supplements.
Speaker 1: If you don't see me for a couple of days of probably rotting in my bed, so come and find oh, oh.
Speaker 3: My god, for it. Merry Christmas every where.
Speaker 2: Christmas.
Speaker 4: You've got to.
Speaker 5: Make the magic. It doesn't just find you.
Speaker 3: That's right, So I it make the magic for me. You've got to make it for yourself.
Speaker 5: This be the lesson going into twenty twenty five, and I.
Speaker 4: Haven't heard yet this Christmas. I haven't heard this shit.
Speaker 2: Oh true, I haven't.
Speaker 3: This banger gets a real run in our household. Like and also because we've got little kids.
Speaker 5: So everything, we're like full throttle Christmas at the moment. We just went to the Carrols on the weekend. We put up the Christmas tree. Every day, it's like the Christmas Greatest Hits.
Speaker 3: We're all about it.
Speaker 4: Like a bank. We're going to do a bank around Christmas, and it's just non stop Christmas hits.
Speaker 5: Yes, my family is identical to a bank.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, Mitch.
Speaker 4: Well, not the first time I've thought that, all right. Next on the show pick Up, put Down. I want to laugh at that's a compliment in a lot of death. That's no, it's actually said to me, but it's a compliment.
Speaker 2: Charge is high interest rates.
Speaker 3: I Hey you guys, it's my way this holiday. At the end of the week.
Speaker 4: Next on the show, Hey, Sabena Carpenter. Big weekend for her. She dropped her Christmas special on Netflix and dropped her boyfriend. Her and Barry Kiyogan have split and he's done some shady stuff over the weekend that have people concerned for him.
Speaker 3: About time. Yeah, he wasn't good for her image.
Speaker 4: Let's unpack it because there's a lot there after this on the pickup. Welcome to the show Monday means we most definitely have Contritt. Laura, I'm gonna give you a news topic. You need to tell me if we pick up the story, keep talking about it or put it down. Stop talking about one of the last ones for the year. Yeah, second last PUPD the year we got one more PD.
Speaker 5: That sounds like something you need treatment for premenopausal PPD.
Speaker 2: Add that to your list, Mitch.
Speaker 4: All right, I've scoured the news. These are the big headlines. Girls get ready, pick up, put down. Taylor Swift wrapping up the air as tour as the highest grossing tour in the history of all universes in all worlds.
Speaker 3: Pick it up.
Speaker 5: Both Britt and I went and saw her when she was in Sydney and it was just the most incredible concert I've ever been to, Like it really was on another level.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw it, so she was good. Do you want to take a punt at how much money she made the whole tour?
Speaker 1: I know she made over a billion dollars, over a billion dollars, well done, almost two one point nine billion.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: Incredible I'm kind of sad it's over though, because I would have loved to have taken my daughter to go on the show, but she was just like a little bit too young.
Speaker 3: So I'm just hoping it's the it's the show that keeps on going.
Speaker 1: I feel like we forget, like as somebody that just goes, We're like, well, Taylor, we forget how much work she did for like over two years. That show was like three hours of hardcore fitness work, singing, totally choreography, and she did it non stop.
Speaker 2: For two years. It's an incredible feat.
Speaker 5: I know, we complain about working hard, and we do an hour in the afternoon.
Speaker 4: We didn't complain.
Speaker 3: I complain about working hard.
Speaker 4: Pick up, put down. Barry Cogan deactivating his Instagram the mid rumors he cheated on Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 3: What did he cheat?
Speaker 2: I don't think he did.
Speaker 4: I think he did.
Speaker 2: I don't think he yeah, but there's always rumors. I don't think he cheated.
Speaker 1: I think because he came out and made a big statement yesterday on his Twitter being like.
Speaker 4: Back off for context. So Barry and Sabrina have been dating for the better half of the year, really, but it was kind of never confirmed, and then we were like, oh, they are together, and there he was in the music video for this song, so they were dating.
Speaker 5: And if you I don't know who Barry is, he's kind of the weird the weird guy from Saltburn, like he's that.
Speaker 3: He's only weird from his role. No, totally, he's not personally the weirdest part.
Speaker 4: The rumors this week came out that he cheated on Sabrina with a twenty one year old TikToker producer Grace. Her name was Brecky Hill. Brecky Hill.
Speaker 3: I denied it. Of course he's going to it.
Speaker 1: I don't believe it. I just think they broke up because they're really busy.
Speaker 5: Well, if that's the case, then Sabrina needs to come out and say that it's not true, because the problem is is she is so huge at the moment, she's so prolific, and she has such a cult following that if people do believe that he cheated on her and he didn't, they will absolutely undo him like that.
Speaker 3: But that's the thing.
Speaker 5: So surely if he didn't do it, Sabrina in good face should come out and be like, hey, guys, you need to lay off.
Speaker 3: That never happens.
Speaker 4: Well, he deactivated his Instagram account because oh.
Speaker 2: Wow, no he's back, and he made a statement, Mitch, can you.
Speaker 3: Get up to the times? Sorry?
Speaker 4: He made the statement on Twitter about deactivating his Instagram that.
Speaker 1: Is so funny with the time, and then he deactivates.
Speaker 3: That makes a statement on Instagram.
Speaker 4: So just for the record, I was right pick up, put down Pantone revealing the color of the year for twenty twenty five being mock a moose.
Speaker 2: That like what I color I'm wearing right now.
Speaker 4: Mock off baking your fake tan too long?
Speaker 3: No, but this top is like a brown.
Speaker 5: No, if you see it, it's a little bit more poo color than that color. To be honest, it's a little bit more so.
Speaker 2: Flay, very light and fluffy moose.
Speaker 3: I mean, am I excited by the color brown?
Speaker 5: Not particularly, but I do like a Pantone color reveal at the end of the year.
Speaker 2: I could care less personally.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, once upon a time I was a graphic designer, so I feel like I do care about this. I used to get excited about it. Now I don't care as much as I used to. Spotify rapped, I care about more these days.
Speaker 4: Oh God, don't get a started on that, because she didn't get one and she hasn't shut up about it.
Speaker 3: I didn't get a Spotify rapped, guys.
Speaker 5: I think I'm the only person in Australia and I pay for Spotify and.
Speaker 3: I want it. It's my data.
Speaker 1: I actually heard a few people didn't get Spotify rapped. Actually, so you don't feel like it's personal Spotif I didn't pick you out of the crowd and be like, oh, we're not doing Laura Spotify rap.
Speaker 5: Well, maybe they heard about my Uber ratings so and then they were like, Laura doesn't deserve Spotify rat this year.
Speaker 2: Hey, Laura, we haven't told you this yet, but Mitch and I nearly got arrested on the weekend.
Speaker 4: Are we talking about that?
Speaker 2: Well, you nearly got arrested, which I ran away.
Speaker 4: Britt forced me to do an illegal crime and then I almost got arrested.
Speaker 3: I was with you. When did this even happen?
Speaker 4: When you left you walked home promptly after that.
Speaker 1: I think you were saving a drunk girl from the gutter. Actually, at the time, that's another story. After the break on the.
Speaker 4: Pickup, Brittany Hockley, Laura, you don't know this. On the weekend, almost got me arrested.
Speaker 3: Oh, you almost got yourself arrested.
Speaker 4: No, I did not. You don't even know the story. And you sided with Brite.
Speaker 5: No, it's not that because she knows her place. No, it's not that I side with Britt. It's just that you are a grown man who makes autonomous decisions, and I don't believe that Britt almost got you arrested.
Speaker 1: I nearly got you arrested at a stretch. I gave you an idea and you ran with it.
Speaker 4: We had pickup team drinks on the weekend. It was us It's our little Christmas party because this is our last show for the year on air together. So we went, let's go have drinks and celebrate. So we did, and then then I wrapped up pretty late. It was almost midnight. Yeah, we were Yeah, and we're middle in the middle of the city. So Laura goes one way home, which is weird because she decides to walk home, which was odd.
Speaker 2: She needed some air.
Speaker 5: You were driving, Yeah, I walked my car. I'm the one who had all the margaritas. How are you getting a rod?
Speaker 4: I was sober, so I was walking with brit because Brittan needed a lift home. She lived one hundred meters away, but she still remember to lift time late. So I walked to my car and then we walked past one of those e bikes like a Lime bike.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know that are like the public free bikes and free but yeah.
Speaker 4: Well no they're not. But you can jump on them, jump on it off, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I see it and it's like glowing red and then Brick goes, Mitch idea to sit on it. I'm like, sure, I'm sober, Like that's not really a big there. So I sit my butt on it, and then brit goes, oh my god, kick the stand up and ride it a little bit. I'm gonna film this.
Speaker 2: I had had a few drinks she had.
Speaker 4: And also I'm a court jester. I'm like a monkey, So if someone asked me to do something, I'd do if it gets a cheap laugh, o'ld ride a bike.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 5: This is where it was at we left the Christmas part, and you're like, ride the Lime bike for content.
Speaker 3: I'll take a video I put on Instagram.
Speaker 2: I thought that he could ride.
Speaker 1: It and I could just hop on the back, maybe just because like it was fifteen minutes the road, but one.
Speaker 4: Of the days of jumping on like a green machine and being you know, mechanical. I sit on this thing and then all of a sudden, a British woman starts to talk to me. Hello, welcome to e bike. Insert card or cash to ride me. I'm like, oh, what a lovely sounding woman. I'm not going to do it, but a bit of fun. And then Brick goes pretend you're riding. Pretend you're riding. So I kick up the little kick up a little stand and it kind of rolls forward and then locks into place like riga mortis is said in Kachunk, and I kind of jomp back and forward. Then out of nowhere, all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: It was a dead cow.
Speaker 2: It was a dead cowboyd past and.
Speaker 4: Alarm went off.
Speaker 3: It was Mitch.
Speaker 2: It was louder than that you've forgotten.
Speaker 1: It was like an ambulance police siren coming out of the e bike, drawing so much attention to us.
Speaker 2: Mitch, I don't know what happened. You were stuck on the bike.
Speaker 1: You couldn't get lost, like your lace was stuck in the shoe thing you couldn't get your shoe undone from the.
Speaker 4: Bar and they getting caught in the peg.
Speaker 1: So we're trying to run. I'm like run because she's alarming. And then the voice comes out on top of that and.
Speaker 2: Says, you are being filmed. We are recording everything, and there was a camera in the e byte.
Speaker 4: When you are being filmed, everything you say and deal will be used against you in a cardif law me you are on camera? Is that Brittany Harkley from The Bachelor? I'm like, what the bike knows?
Speaker 3: I run.
Speaker 1: I was like leaving you for dust, see you, kiddo. Anyway, Mitch's jeans are caught in court the pedal so he can't get off the bike filmed.
Speaker 3: How long are you sitting on the bike? I hope they released.
Speaker 4: That eighteen seconds. Britt runs off because she's like this will destroy my image.
Speaker 3: I'm gone.
Speaker 4: So this footage you go all over Daily Mail. It's like those ring doorbell cameras like it was, and it was croutch footage too. The camera was like on the middle of the bug. So there's this overweight man sweating because it was so humid, and I'm like mounting, go Brande Bret Day and the audio would be terrible because it's a bike bike, so be like the equivalent.
Speaker 1: If this footage gets out, it could be the equivalent of like a Michtury sex tape, just the crutch on an e byte.
Speaker 4: It would be like the elephant man stuck in a tarpkit. Oh, it was awful and Britt Wren, she ran to my car.
Speaker 3: Why didn't you just put some money in the e bike?
Speaker 1: It's not like you know, it's not a coin slot, which didn't have time to download on app and then put your card details in it was It was terrible.
Speaker 3: The e bike. Felter felt like was being assaulted. That's what that was.
Speaker 4: Was like make it starm when she wanted me to pay, she was this sultry British woman. Then straight after it was Boris Johnson was like, go off a bite. You're being Jesus. Is that changed crack? It could have ended very differently put up. But we're here and we're okay. But if you have that footage, if you own the company, send it to us.
Speaker 5: Because we'll do some advertising for you, like Mark's a great Hey.
Speaker 1: After the break, we're talking labor, but not like not what happened to you when you're in labor?
Speaker 2: What did your partner do whilst you were in labor?
Speaker 1: And I know, Laura, you have a story, a very funny story about you and Maddie J that you're going to share.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Look, labour is not just tough for the people who are giving birth. It's also it's really hard work for the person who has to witness it, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: And it's sitting there for so many hours.
Speaker 4: All right, that's on the pickup.
Speaker 1: Hey, there's a bit of a dumping pit happening online at the moment. I feel like this is just the standard TikTok, Right, someone goes viral, then everyone complains in the comments, But this one is about labor. So there is a TikToker named Shnie Sinclair who shared a nine minute TikTok about her narcissistic partner and how he missed the birth of their child because he was such a He put a beep in, So.
Speaker 2: Basically, when I didn't have that, I didn't have the.
Speaker 1: Beep ready, so I just said beep insert beep here. So basically, she started to complain that she was having labor pains, that she was like to her partner, Hey, I'm going into labor, like this is happening. He kept dismissing her, saying, no, you're not false contractions, just basically ignored her.
Speaker 5: That's so ridiculous, especially if you are actually ju Why would it.
Speaker 3: Why would a partner ever be like, no, you're not a labor No she wasn't, but.
Speaker 4: That's a very important information she must be.
Speaker 1: So as her contractions intensified, he decided it was the.
Speaker 2: Perfect time to go and get his beard done. So he went and got it like shaped, cut and.
Speaker 3: Trimm because he wanted to look good for the birth too.
Speaker 2: Then he decided he was hungry, so he went and got lunch.
Speaker 1: I got fast food, didn't get takeaway, sat down to eat it.
Speaker 2: So was it in a rush to get there.
Speaker 1: So she's ended up going to the hospital and she gave birth without him.
Speaker 2: She ended up having to give birth alone.
Speaker 3: He didn't even make it to the birth. Yep.
Speaker 2: Then it gets better.
Speaker 1: He said, I have to go home and rest because it's important that one of us is rested.
Speaker 2: So he went home because he said he needed to keep.
Speaker 3: His strength up.
Speaker 2: God knows for what what to eat? The Chinese food.
Speaker 1: He then spent all of his time on the phone, didn't help shundle responsibilities, like just a wanker, and people coming out in droves with their stories and I know, I remember you had a labor story, Laura.
Speaker 3: I have a labor story. But my husband is an absolute saint.
Speaker 5: Like if that is something that your partner is doing during labor, like they should.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are commenting saying, like, why are you still with him? So I don't know if they've broken up now I didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't follow her.
Speaker 5: You almost can't tell a story like that and then follow it up with oh, yeah, and we're still together, Like what a horrible partner.
Speaker 4: And the caption says what it's like giving birth with a narcissistic partner.
Speaker 2: I'd hope I reckon they're over.
Speaker 5: That's so rank. No, my husband, he was an amazing birth partner, like he was actually very very good. But I was induced, so we didn't kind of know what to expect. So I rocked up at the hospital that day for the induction thinking I was going to go home.
Speaker 3: So I rocked up with no bag, no.
Speaker 2: Nothing, because I hadn't strange Laura.
Speaker 3: They hadn't told me anything.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize, and I'd been bounced around a few different healthcare workers, so I think they'd just kind of forgotten that really important piece of information. So I rocked up and they're like, wow, you're traveling light and I was like, what do you mean, Like, well, you you're having a baby today. And I thought I was just being induced and I would come back once labor started, but anyway, we were so unprepared. I stayed Matt's mum went home and got all my stuff, and then I was in labor for such a long time, but I could feel like it was getting closer.
Speaker 3: I feel I was like eight hour.
Speaker 5: It was not a long long time, but like it was an eight hour labor, and I could feel that I was.
Speaker 3: Like pretty ready to go.
Speaker 5: And I was like, I think I'm gonna have a baby pretty soon. And Matt was like, oh, do you think I have time to go and get a chicken sandwich?
Speaker 4: Probably not that, probably not.
Speaker 5: I was like I don't think you do, and he was like, I'll just duck down and I was like, are you going to risk it?
Speaker 3: He was like I'll be quick, and he ran down and got a chicken.
Speaker 5: Rap as you are birth in your child, and I was nine centimeters dilated.
Speaker 3: No, I wasn't birthing it. He made it. He was there for every step of the way. But he did with his chicken stand.
Speaker 5: She'd risk it for that chicken rap because he'd been waiting for eight hours and left it to the last minute to be like, I need some sustenance to make it through the berth.
Speaker 4: I think that's fine, is it? Yes, of course that's fine.
Speaker 2: Like sitting back watching a movie like as you're giving birth. He's just like with his popcorn and his chicken sandwich.
Speaker 3: No, he just can't handle. He didn't light the blood and he just did.
Speaker 5: He didn't want to be down the business end, like it wasn't for him, and I was the opposite. I was like, I'm sorry, if I'm doing the birthing, get down the business end. You're going to cut that umbillical cord. I think I was a bit of a drill sergeant.
Speaker 2: Oh, we've got a caller, Hey, Linda, what happened to you labor?
Speaker 6: Yes, so my first labor, my husband. The nurses bought in a chicken parmejana. So he sat over there eating his chicken parmejana while I was contracting and pushing away and.
Speaker 3: You can eat with your hands.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So they've just come in and opened the door as you know, spread eagle, and yeah, they've just said you want your lunch now. And he sort of looked at me and I'm like, you do you mate, thinking he'll be like na, na na.
Speaker 2: You know, only like if I'm not eating, you're not eating.
Speaker 4: My sister he just gave birth for the first first time. And I turned up the next day to visit them and the baby. And there's my brother in law, Kurt, the father of Remy, having a high tea with a little finger sandwich and a cucumber and maynaise and pickle there, and I go, where's Becky's. I got to know she's getting some sort of fixing ups done and he was sitting there drinking tea out of China.
Speaker 6: It's very exhausting for the blokes, isn't.
Speaker 4: It all right? Well, listen, we are done for the day. This is our final week on air for twenty twenty four. We have five hundred dollars cash to end the week and end of the year. Here at the pickup so thank you for listening to spend at Chemists Warehouse. So if you want it, you can head to our Instagram the wind Age on pickup dot com, dot you and we'll give you that cash la during the week tapping.
Speaker 6: New Year to you guys and Merry Christmas.
Speaker 4: Thanks Linda.
Speaker 5: Have you realize that she's not getting, that she's not winning, that she could enter?
Speaker 4: Producer Grace Teller will send her a book or something.
Speaker 3: I'll send her something tasting.
Speaker 4: All right, that's us done, girls. Hey you guys, see you tomorrow.