Speaker 1: Hi, Legends, Welcome back to the Mason cock Show. Plenty happening. In this episode of the Sports Recap and Zach Week. We cover Anzac Day, an Zack Eve, all the games over the weekend, clanger of the week, also an injury update from myself. Plenty plenty to cover here. And if you haven't heard the Dustin Fletcher paw that came out before Anzac Day, you have to check that out. Absolute legend of the game. Some great stories from offseason travels, a few parties here and there, but if you haven't heard it, check it out wherever you get your podcast from. And without further ado, let's get into this podcast, all right, let's kick this off.
Speaker 2: Welcome Brandon.
Speaker 3: You did it to them again. Poor Essendon thought they had it, it was in their grasph and you just snatched it away from them. That's so harsh. I would say, like, sorry to the Essendon fans out there, but don't really get it.
Speaker 1: It's pretty obvious you're calling me fans. Well, we'll get straight into a cleaner of the week now. This one wild wild scenes from a Collingwood fan, was it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a Collingwood fan, And yeah, this one I put up on my Twitter because if you see something, say something mace. So if you see bad behavior, call it out. So obviously, this Collingwood fan gets the ball, it gets kicked into the crowd and he calls over an Essendon player Kyle Langford, to get the ball. He's like, here go, mate, got the ball for you. Kyle walks over, full well knowing what this idiot's gonna do.
Speaker 2: He had the look to he's about to do something shitty here.
Speaker 3: And he calls him over and just as he gets there, he throws the ball away and gives him the like up yours the hand gesture like right to his face and.
Speaker 2: Like we're just looking at him, like what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I put it up there saying don't be this flog, which is just, you know, some pretty basic stuff. You wouldn't do it anywhere else. Anyway, all the mouth breathers came out of the woodworks on my Twitter and started going, oh mate, the world's gone bloody soft, blah blah blah. It's like, you know what's soft, And I'll put this out there. You know what's soft is that bloke would not have done that if it was in the real world. Oh no, because because Langford would just slap him in the face. So he's only doing it because he's he knows that he's protected because the eyes of Australia are on it. There's one hundred thousand people in the stadium as witnesses, and there's broadcast cameras like catching their every move. So that's weak as piss. So everyone coming at me and saying, oh, the world's gone bloody soft. That guy's as soft as bloody tissue paper. The second thing that crack, the second thing that's bloody soft is the bloody advertars. In my replies having a crack that are thirty year old mouth breathers sitting in their mother's basement giving me shit. In my replies, have a cry jog on your losers.
Speaker 1: Well, favorite part about those Langard Langford actually kicks the god.
Speaker 2: It points to the dude.
Speaker 1: It was like take that, take that your body, colgood fan exactly.
Speaker 3: And if he was having a joke, and he's this lighthearted lark and that we all love, he would have had a laugh and gone good on your mate, nice one, you kick the goal. But no, he sat down like a little bitch and just sat there with his like fucking flat face, just couldn't cop it at all. If you're gonna if you're gonna play around, have fun, at least have a laugh when the blood gives it back to you.
Speaker 1: It's funny. People have just said that personifies a Collingwood fan to a tee. So the way that guy acted, everyone's like, that's.
Speaker 2: A colleage fan. Want to watch.
Speaker 3: That's it. And I'm trying to distance myself from that. See something, say something, call it out. Bullshit behavior, and that is the clanger of the week. I'm pulling it back to idiot a week. He's the idiot of the week.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of just I love anytime the audience gets an interaction with the players, because it's always great material.
Speaker 3: And that's what I'm not against those interactions. I think this bloke just went over the top. I'm not against the oh, where's the ball? It must be under my seat, give me a second way I go down and get it. That's not giving the dude up yours and throwing the ball away like some kind of like year twelve bully at school or something like. There's time, place, there's vibe, and I just don't think that this guy was getting it.
Speaker 1: But I must say this actually, and I'll call myself out for this, because whenever I first learned what IFL was, I had no idea you had to hand the ball back after a free kick, right. So at one point in my career down in Frankston, the bongo drums were going off up on the hill. The people were going nuts. We were up by about fifty on Frankston. They had no chance of winning before the game even started. And I'd given a free kick away and the umpire goes yep, free kick against Yeah Mason cocksball lot goes Frankston away and I look at him and I had the ball in my hand. I was like, that's a bullshit free kick. Threw it on the ground, like get fucked. I'm going back to defense. Safe to say that led to a fifty penalty in a shot on golf for that fella.
Speaker 2: I've never been more embarrassed in my life.
Speaker 3: That's there was ones like withint getting too old timing because they never used to have the like out on the fall or whatever back in the day, so you could just launch.
Speaker 2: The ball into the ground yeah.
Speaker 3: Miles away and just say go get it, but yeah, times have changed.
Speaker 1: Times have changed for the better, or we'll get into the game of the games of the week.
Speaker 2: We've got free O versus the Bulldogs.
Speaker 3: A bit of spice in this one.
Speaker 2: Spice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so off the top, obviously, Rory Lob went from GWS to Freo, then across to now playing at the Bulldogs. Frequent flyers must be through the bloody roof. But Freemantle fans didn't forget, and Freemantle players didn't forget because they went straight to him at the top off the bounce and they started jumper punching him and ripping him. And yeah, it was you.
Speaker 2: Know, it was all it was a target from day dark.
Speaker 3: But it was pretty obvious. Tongue in cheek. You can't go do the whole bravado thing, but you're all smiling and laughing as you're like punching each other in the head. Is a bit weird, But I don't know. It didn't last very long because that that bravado didn't carry over into the actual game and Western Bulldogs kind of had their way with it. Lob played a decent game, but he kicked I think one three If he had to kick four straight or something. He really had the last laugh. But Onton Pelly unreal. He's insane, one of the.
Speaker 1: Best, very like, he's very highly talented, don't get me wrong, but I still think he's quite underrated. Is what he does for that team, how important he is, and like the leadership he shows and then also being able to back that up. It is phenomenal what that man is doing on a weekly basis.
Speaker 3: It's just so silky. Yeah, thirty one touches two goals and yeah, I didn't look at his goal assists, but I'm sure they were through the roof too.
Speaker 1: Also, this though about lob I did respect the way you know they had the can, the beer can, the lobster tears and the whole like media thing around that, you know of him leaving and his nickname, And I like Chazz, I give credit to him because at the end of the game he held up one of the cans. He kind of played into the whole thing, had a bit of a laugh, and like that's what we were, like we like characters in the game. We always say it. It's a credit to him for just owning up to it, having a bit of a laugh, drinking a little sip beer after the game from the Lobster Tiars and they we've got plenty of marketing that beer company.
Speaker 3: And then that's what I think. I think it all gets muddy when people are like, you know, the guy throwing the ball away, his characters and fun and all that stuff, and then like what lob did is characters and fun and all stuff. There's nuance to all this stuff. There's like there's you know, context to things that exist in the world, and it's I think, you know, one's happy, go lucky, fun and then the other is just an idiot. So but there's a line that needs to be walked. And I like characters in the game. Half the stuff that you don't do brings like character to the game and makes the game better. And it's always funner when you know the players are the one driving it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we've got Alex Pearce. We want to want to mention this because I know he's captain. He's first first year captain's captaincy for the Freer Dockers and he's having a bit of a rough go at the moment and it kind of reminds me of Coggs from GWS, And you know, they had the big Amazon series and covered him and his struggles through through cabin see in his first year. It's a very interesting situation right with him at the moment, like and really he's actually a legend Alex. He's like the nicest person I've ever met. And he was one of the first people to get into LB before that game. And it's like, you know, you follow the captain, everyone else joins him, and it's it's a bit of a change obviously, with five changing roles and not becoming not being captain anymore, and and him taking the reins. It's it's a tough thing. It's tough to see someone like somewhat struggle in that role.
Speaker 3: It is a yeah, it's a weird one for him because well, yeah, he had a shocker on the weekend. It was a real stinker. And you know, it's it's not too often that your captain's probably not your best player on the team. Like it's pretty easy to pick the best guy that's probably never going to see another game of reserves football ever again. But yeah, it's always awkward when it gets to this position where it's like, well, if he was any other player, would he just be dropped for his poor performance. Yeah, it is. It is a weird one for him and something that they're going to have to work through. But Coggs worked through it and now he's playing awesome foot. He had a massive game on weekend, so you know it can happen. Wait and see, Wait and see. It's only twenty seven. It's not like he's over the hill.
Speaker 1: You just go get his head rocked around all the all the leadership stuff that comes with out. I think now the next game Port versus West Coast Eagles.
Speaker 3: Now down here, it says will Scofia. Now I don't know that if if you know, but he retired, He did retire, but he is playing in the twos for the Eagles. The man's wanting to return and there is a possibility he might get the mid season draft. So is that what this means? Come back playing the reserves like we all know, as uh, West Coast have no players left.
Speaker 2: It's a rough try for them at the moment.
Speaker 3: They run it on empty. So so you think that's that's the plan here, come back through the twos and get picked up in the mid season draft.
Speaker 1: I would love to see it. I would love to see he looks about forty, but heard's still playing. That man has had hair for for twenty years.
Speaker 3: He's looked forty since he was toad.
Speaker 2: It's like that man.
Speaker 1: Oh he's got the hell of a kick though, But yeah, I'd love to see Will be one of those players the kind of like retire. He's doing the podcast, I feel the media things and he's like, you know what, I think I've still got it. I've got a medal, I've got to twenty eighteen Premiership metal. I can come back and play. And it would be great to see somewhat of a person who's thought they've retired moved on come back and just really show what's left in the tank.
Speaker 3: And if someone said that he had come back, we'll give you one hundred grand for half a years.
Speaker 2: I'm saying yes, everyone's saying yes. Now.
Speaker 1: The other thing I want to I want to mention this is a bit of a heavier topic now. Jeremy finn Layson, what he's doing right now is phenomenal. And his wife prays up to her she's she's gone through a really tough time and I just want to shout him out man, like it's I can't help to try to put myself in his position, and I couldn't put it on, you know, like you wouldn't put it on your worst end of me kind of stuff, you know. And the way he's being able to handle it, the way I think both of them have been so open about the whole journey and what's happening is is such a credit to him. It can be such a tough time to have to go through that, and it's it's absolutely just amazing to see the way they're handling it and the way he's playing giving all the circle sanss that's going on. So I want to give a shout out to him because he's what he's performing, what he's doing, what he's going through, and what the family is having to deal with. It's it's it's a credit to him. I seriously cannot speak highly of highly more highly about him and what he's having to go through and how he's handling it. So to shout out to Jeremy Finlayson, the whole family, and I just want to wish you all the best in the fight ahead.
Speaker 3: And he's actually like not that it matters in the slightest in like what's going on, but he's playing amazing for me. Like on top of all of that, like strong character to come out and kind of still compete and do what he's doing with so much that would be weighing on his mind. Yeah, So shouts out to Jeremy and the family.
Speaker 1: We'll move on next to jail us versus Brisbane, catch road, take.
Speaker 2: The whole de place hard.
Speaker 1: Charlie Carey kicks another bag, kicks another bag.
Speaker 3: I wish that he didn't now, Charlie Cameron kicks seven. Wasn't even at home so music didn't play, which is great. Can you tell me where West Virginia is? I assume it's west of Virginia.
Speaker 1: It's like where all the Bogans of America live. And Nolan, my brother, just says all the time. He says, there's nothing more fitting than a whole bunch of Queensland Bogans talking about the place in America where allans live.
Speaker 3: Did you says, Brisbane, Queensland is the West Virginia in Australian, it's.
Speaker 2: Very much so. I love Queensland. Talking to me wrong.
Speaker 1: But if you were to say where most Bogans live, I think every Australian would say Queensland's probably number one on their list.
Speaker 3: Which is yeah, well, I feel like what about this. I heard this the other day when someone's like, oh, what type of music do you listen to? And it's like, oh, I listened to all music. Country music is still excluded from that, like all music, it's except for in Queensland. It sits outside of all genres. But Charlie Cameron also one of his seven was an amazing goal. Now, I don't know if you've seen this, but it was. It was a soccer goal, but not a traditional you know, kick it and it comes forward off the boot and goes through the goals. It was like a cross in from the corner and he like flattened out his boot and glanced it through the goals. It's a freaking yeah. And I do another podcast with Adam Trelaw and Josh Dunkley, and dunk said that Charlie was showing everyone the replay on his and he was claiming that, you know, he did it on purpose, which makes sense. He was also claiming that he got a hand to it and guided it down to the boot, which on the replay the balls like two meters away from his hand. So I don't know if it's like delusion, but yeah, it was like a really soccer esque kind of just helping it on its way to the back corner type goal. But yeah, I don't know how he does half the stuff that he does, but let's move ahead and go straight into the Grand Final. Rematch was built up whole week and it was exactly that I checked my foxtowl bucks to make sure that I wasn't playing a replay of the Grand Final because Geelong went out there and just smashed Sydney from you know, go to w It was. It was basically an identical game.
Speaker 2: It was rough.
Speaker 1: I thought, like, I think Sidney is a great team and they've beaten Richmond and stuff this year. They've played some good games, and yeah, I was the same. Whenever I saw the score, I was like, is this Like is there something wrong with what's going on? Like I was so confused by it, and you just kind of thought that, you know, with what happened last year and everything else, they'd have that motivation to come out and just try to spank Gelong, you know, like anytime someone beats you in the Grand Final or like having an experienced that also, it's like you have a point to prove. And whenever I sat there I looked at the score, I was just I was baffled.
Speaker 2: I was blown away. I was absolutely blown away.
Speaker 1: And it does speak to Geelong's ability to play at home at GMHBA. They're a very very good home team.
Speaker 3: I think that was the interesting thing though, because I think the stat going into it was like Sydney had beaten Geelong at their home like two of the last three times. And then I was like, okay, so you start to get this okay, and they're going to come out and it said that they were going to use the you know, grand final pain to like spur them on to try harder and stuff. So coming out fully gat up and ready to take them on, full of confidence and then just get wiped off the park. That's got to do some like mental scarring type damage to like Sydney. But like, they're definitely going to be better. They'll get the mccartin's back, they'll get Rampy back. I think they'll get Hickey back. Like losing, they lost a lot of personnel and it doesn't help having zero defenders when you're coming up against Jeremy Cameron and Tom Hawkins.
Speaker 2: Kicking a bag.
Speaker 1: Both of them kicked five oh straight shots.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, brutal. Jeremy Cameron on target to kick a hundred for the season. Still and it's we're heading into a round set.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have a noise for every single time Jeremy Cameron takes it bags. It'll be like cuntry road take me out. Maybe like a little move, that's all I'm thinking. Jeremy Cameron give them every time he kicks a bag, which is every freaking week, don't mind it.
Speaker 3: And another story from their forward line. Sam Simpson got really horrifically concussed in the twenty twenty Grand Final early on and kind hasn't really seen footy since then. Super popular within the club. Came out kicked the first goal of the game. Talk about feel good moments. All the boys got around him, had another couple for the game. It's great to see him back and just a real, you know, feel good story.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was awesome to see him back out there, like you always talk about, like the Alex Johnson's of the world, you know that had his acl has done so many times and whenever they come back out and are able to perform at the highest level. It's awesome, so cool, And shout out to Alex Johnson because whenever he came back, he played on me and shut my ass dout.
Speaker 3: So really he's shoulder there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know he was a pretty good player if you had decent knees, but yeah, I know. It's it's awesome to see these players who have gone through the ringer with injuries.
Speaker 2: It's such a hard.
Speaker 1: Thing with rehab and being on your own at times and not being feel like you're part of the club whenever everyone else is playing and shadows to Sam, It's it's pretty pretty cool to see someone who's been through the ring or be able to come out and kick the first goal to and see the players get around him as such a special moment.
Speaker 3: He'll never forget now talk about special moments. Hawthorne v crows what a game. People were lining up around the block to go to this one. I think it was in Tazzy and I think about twelve people rock though. But those twelve people were in for a game because.
Speaker 1: They get the Tazzy team. It's gonna be great. It was a nail buter the the AFL, we don't have to spend on.
Speaker 3: It's a harsh one because people are saying stuff like that, but it's like you couldn't pay me to go to a Hawthorn v Crows game. You couldn't give me enough money. But it was Darcy Fogg and he kicked the what you'd call the match when I had a minute to go on the you know, on the fence he was. He was sitting on the fence and everyone would have gone the snap or the banana or kicked it across the body. He went dead straight drop punt, split the sticks. It was a great goal. They Adelaide held on to win by you know, a couple of points. But you know Collingwood coming up against them next week. They are in four. They have a surprise packet of the season.
Speaker 1: So I think they're going under like under the under the radar a bit just because they're from Adelaide, Like they're not the Melbourne team. We don't see as much news around them everything else. Like, I think they're playing really good football at the moment and it's going to be a great showdown at their home ground. But luckily we've got a little bit experience thanks to the gather round of a little bit of playing it out. Yeah, essentially a game before there, so our second helm at the moment, we've played more, we've played just as many games there, I feel like as the MCG after this game. So yeah, it would be a great game. Like the Crows are on a bit of a role and the Hawks are struggling a bit. You know, they're they're in the race for the wooden spoon and they're they're leading. I think they're leading the charge of the moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not there's not too many in that race. Like normally we'd just assumed North is down there, going going for it hard. But Hawks give them a real challenge run for their money. It's gonna be interesting Hawthorne. We all always knew they were going to suck.
Speaker 1: The rebuilding, like it's part of the experience. It's part of you know, like they had their building from nothing, they have their premiership years and that's how it always goes. It's a sickle cool kind of thing, you know. Now you bring these new young kids in, you have to get some games into them. And now they have experienced at a younger age with these games and from this year and the years before, so it's part of the rebuilding process.
Speaker 3: That's yeah. I guess the way up between Hawthorn and North is like you probably if you're Aworn fan, sitting there with like three flags back to back to back, you're probably pretty happy. Yeah, North haven't done much since you know, the two thousand's kicked off and we're twenty three years in h.
Speaker 1: North is like North is always Look, they almost beat us last year, so like they have potential.
Speaker 2: They do have potential.
Speaker 3: How good it almost wins They're the best heading into the cart and Saint killed the game. This was a good one because I was pumped for this because it was one of those every and then you come across a game that's like, okay, let's test out these teams. You don't know where Saint Kilda's really sitting. You don't know where Carlton's really sitting. Well, Saint Kilda's still firmly sitting on top of the ladder number one. Carlton's you know, down there punch in a way. It was a really exciting game, probably up until midway point of the third quarter, where Saint Kilda really just ran away with it, which is yeah, you know, it's surprising Carlton have the last two Coleman medalists and they just really struggle to kick a goal. So you assume it's a bit more up the field. That must be the issue to be getting the ball in there quicker, because you know, if you were a midfielder and you're looking down at Harry and Charlie, you just get it in there the rest. Yeah, at the moment that even the Ford line they're trying to separate those two because they can. You're almost spoiled for choice. You got too many good forwards up there. Yeah, how did you see this one? It was an interesting match because Carlton had a lot of touches. They had the top six disposal getters. Four of those had mid to hide thirties and it didn't seem to help them at all.
Speaker 1: I've said this multiple times. Stats midfielders win Brownlows. Does this mean that brownlows are not important?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just throwing it out there. Maybe give one to like a forward or defender at some point. I mean, like, when was the last time a Brownlow me winner it was a defender?
Speaker 2: Geez.
Speaker 1: You just know as a defender you had no chance of winning that thing. But it was it was interesting because they did dominate in the middle with the you know, touches and everything else, but they just couldn't convert them into goals. And it's they're very kind of contest teams. So they kicked down line Carleton and they want the contest and then they kind of you know, spread from there and if that doesn't work, it's like, you know, what's what's planning? B Like they the same killed a team. They put that pressure on if they can bring it to ground. They're really good at bouncing, really good at bouncing back and kicking goals. So yeah, it was it was interesting. Harry had a bit of struggle in front of goals. Yeah, and it's yeah, it's it's a you know, every player got to these all you know, confidence laws. I guess whenever it comes to goal kicking. And I think you mentioned it before, the part about him kicking like six different types of kicks for goal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they showed it on the couch. He had no consistency, no routine. He would you know, play on from one kick, a snap kick, a banana, you know, the drop punt like he did everything under the sun, but probably just needs more consistency by the looks of it. You know, try a drop punt, Oh it fades right, Okay, adjust that and go from there. But you know he's got to be something like if you're going to go to snap, just go all snaps, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like like Rewat did that for a year or two. He's just like snapping from literally dead in front.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's an interesting one for me because he looks like he kicks like a really good snap and he can kick distance like most guys they do it within thirty yep, but he can comfortably kick it, you know, forty forty five close to fifty meters on the snap. So yeah, it would be good to see him pick something, pick one of them.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, it's like do something, do one really well, and just commit to that and training that throughout the week. Look, what's our retiring stuff, Harry. If you want some help, happy to help you out and get that thing sorted.
Speaker 3: That is you said, everyone goes through these down patches, and you ever had a down patch goal kicking because everyone kind of pumps you up for your goal kicking acts. Would knock on would don't worry, I'll knock you down.
Speaker 2: No, thank you.
Speaker 1: No, I've had little like yips in my I think a lot of it was never had my eye issue and like that changed my death perception of actually like dropping it. Yeah, I was like, where's the ball? Just swing it something we've kind of fixed an ap, but yeah, it was. It was something I think everyone goes through a certain like confidence lull, and you know, you might miss two or three or four from a certain angle. And like I have my like Bermuda triangle that like I know I'm not as good kicking from. I'm not going to tell you where that is, but like I have a little area that I know I'm probably not as confident from because I tend to somehow, for some reason, like not make as many percentage shots as that from that angle. So everyone has their yips, like and you know, I think the biggest thing is probably just getting back to basics kicking goals from as close to the goals as possible to give you a higher percentage. And even in training is like do that get really good at that kick like five.
Speaker 2: In a row, make feel better?
Speaker 1: Then kick you know, ten meters back and then team meters back, and then you go on the angles and you kick those, so like you start getting your confidence up knowing that, like if I can kick one in front, yes, tick, Like I'm not worried about, you know, missing a shot, Like the chances of missing a shot from there is like zero, So then you kind of work back your confidence from there to get better at it. So yeah, there's yeah, I hope Harry starts getting stuff storted because he's a freak. He's a really good player, great hands on the man, great hands and be able to take a contested mark. And if he can kick goals for that team, that team can there's no, no, no limit to what they can do.
Speaker 3: One thing that shits me up the wall, and I like, I don't want to get into you know, old man at the pub territory. But why do people do long run ups set shots to goal? Like if you were taking a field kick and you have to hit someone across the field at thirty forty meters away, you could take two steps and hit them, you know, nine out of ten times, Maybe not you, maybe someone good. But like, why don't players just go take the mark two three steps back, kick it through the sticks? Why do you have to do something so unnatural? You don't go back thirty forty meters off the mark and do a massive plot in run.
Speaker 2: Really pick it out one player on your head.
Speaker 3: Not just all of them, Like like what player when like pedals doesn't mark the ball like in the midfield and then go back thirty forty meters to try and make a field kick. It's something that seems so unnatural, but like, all these forwards are really good field kicks, So why don't they just go back five meters and kick it off a step or two?
Speaker 2: Brandon, I'd love to be able to give you that answer, but.
Speaker 3: It's because people tell you what you have to do. Oh, this is what we've done forever.
Speaker 1: If I'm ten meters out, if I'm two meters out, if I'm fifty meters out, if I'm forty or thirty, the exact same routine and the exact same amount of steps and the exact same amount of flips of the ball before.
Speaker 2: I kick it.
Speaker 3: I think, as dumb as shit, I have a crack AFL players suck at kicking it through the sticks. There you got a nine meter gap across that you just got to put this tiny little ball through.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should actually put you in front of goals at different angles, and let's see what your percentage shut shot would be. Just go, get a crowd of like twenty or thirty people just to give you shit from the sidelines and see how you go.
Speaker 3: But I suck. So it's like if you everyty probably longer than I have, every player could hit another person standing thirty meters over there. Yeah, ten out of ten times. But then you put this massive nine meter like gas in front of them.
Speaker 2: It's a head game.
Speaker 3: Mentally weak people play football.
Speaker 2: It must be this. I agree to complaining about people in this DMS.
Speaker 3: So I don't know what it's like. You don't know what it's like to copaid online, mate.
Speaker 1: Of course, not all right, We'll move into the next one, Gold Coast, North Melbourne. We've got the ANTAC data. It's a big ending to this. We've got to get through it. I'm glad we've we've gone to Gold Coast in North Melbourne. I know you're real excited about this.
Speaker 3: One, built up to this one. Let's just skim it. Prayers up, we've got a prayers out. Took Miller probably one of my favorites going right, greatest athlete in the NFL. Runs. I reckon, he's he's got an actual engine inside his body. They've done patrol, he does, he just keeps going. I reckon, that's yeah. He must just stop by the bench. They fill him up with diesel and off he goes. But yeah, unfortunately he's got a bit of a knee injury. But he escaped in a cl so there's some good news there. He'll be out a few weeks and he'll just be running straight back into the team, no doubt. Ben King another kicks a another good story, like seeing Ben King out there first few weeks. He was a bit fumbly, dropping kind of everything coming his way. Kicked five on the weekend. It's always good to verse North, just get you into a bit of form. But apparently it's coming to Collingwood next year, so it's good to get him into a bit of form. Slots straight into the site.
Speaker 2: I don't know how we'd handle a big forward like that.
Speaker 1: He kicks goals like we haven't really had one of those since probably like trave Cloak, there's always been like a very even spread.
Speaker 2: I feel like of.
Speaker 1: Fords, where it's not just like we have one option to go to or one like preferred option. It's like we have five that are going to hit you up and like try to get the ball and everyone can kick.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's beyond me who comes to the club. But it'd be so interesting, I guess for us if we played a big ticket like Forward who were paying bolt Coin be up there kicking snags.
Speaker 3: I don't I'd love to see him there, but shee's the pressure. Don't do it to yourself, son.
Speaker 2: Lights See, if.
Speaker 3: He was playing at Collingwood and he had the first few games that he did where he was dropping you know, marks and stuff, he would have been crucified for the past month in the media, which wouldn't have made things any better. And we probably didn't have seen a five gold game from him because he'd just be shattered, you know, mentally. So you know, maybe it's not worth playing for some of the big clubs sometimes.
Speaker 1: Beyond my decision, Brandon. But we'll move into the next one. The Anzac Eve match. This okay, I'm going to ask you what's better, Anzac Eve match or Queen's Birthday, King's birthday.
Speaker 2: Sorry r Ip.
Speaker 3: Bears up to the Earth.
Speaker 2: Monarchy.
Speaker 3: It is good. I don't know. The intro is great, like the nighttime, just.
Speaker 1: A visual of all the like flashlights, you know, and you get the cold room so cool.
Speaker 3: See there are the moments for the nighttime games. You have some special nighttime, Daytime Grand Final, Nighttime King's Birthday. No, what don't we zack eve anzack. So they got the horse, they got the torch, they got everyone had their like lights out. It just looks great.
Speaker 2: It's special, amazing visual.
Speaker 3: I think the celebrations across the whole weekend are great. Where they do, you know, the last post and stuff before every game, everyone stands there, pays their respects, national anthems, the works. It's all great. AFL again big Tickford what they do to celebrate occasions.
Speaker 1: But did you love the IFL? You just support the if I feel like we're two options.
Speaker 2: This fact I got it.
Speaker 3: From from because every time we do a podcast, you're just shitting on him.
Speaker 2: Keep them in line.
Speaker 3: So this game, Van Roy and everyone in the crowd I don't very close to, very close to, and I don't think it's Van Ruin, but he was. He was, they said after the game.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 3: He said after the game that he was one rotation off getting subbed out of the game. And they said, I we'll take Brodie off, he'll have a rest and then we'll sub Van Royan out of the game. Get him off. He's been junk anyway in that span of that one rotation. He comes out, just starts clunking pack marks and kicking snags, and you know, he grew in confidence. He looked like, you know, he.
Speaker 1: Told the light at the end of the tunnel that says, Oh, I'm just gonna give it all here. I'm going to get subbed off anyway. And what happens now, we're not subbing you off anymore. Mate, You've gone well, we're gonna keep you out.
Speaker 3: Talking about sliding doors. Moments like those are things that can like, you know, progress your career, you know, big steps really quickly. He yeah, he looks like he's going to be a ripper. And they were speaking to him postgame and speaks really well to like it's just, you know, seems to be enjoying being out there, and he wasn't. You know, some players come out nicknake us bit that give us a bit? Is it just that he's too professional? Take us But we'll get to that. What we will say, though, is what what I'll say. I'll distance you from this. But Richmond stinking it up. One win, four big ols and a draw. I don't know what's going on there because they got two absolute stars in over the off season, and I don't know if there have been like the answer, it takes a bit for players to pick up the game plan and start to gel with other teammates.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's that or what. They've had a pretty solid schedule to start the season. They've lost their ruckman, who's one of the captains on to say with Nanke Curvis, the big nank, and you know rewol was injured for a little bit too, and the head Castional Arts.
Speaker 2: So there's been a few injuries and stuff. They've rolled through that team.
Speaker 1: And it's kind of interesting though, because a lot of people go, oh, man, I like Lauren Bells Richmond's wanting for. But any team that's going up against Richmond that week or you best believe that they realize Richmond can come out and just spank them. So every team's on edge every time you play that team. There's no whether they're one and there could be one win for the whole season. Being the last game, you're still worried about what they're going to be able to produce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think that's fair to say about most of the competition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty even.
Speaker 3: But and another thing that I would say is just jumping back to Saint Kilda. Saint Kilda have so many injuries. They're going to get true half their team back and they're going to be better again. Collingwood they're going to get half their team back and be better again. And these teams are up the top of the ladder. So I don't see it as an excuse. You can't go, oh, yeah, you know, we've got a few injuries. We get to be shit like. Yeah, it's it's a very interesting there's there's a few teams and we'll.
Speaker 2: I think Richmond will have a run. I win five, six, seven straight and then this whole thing will just even out and they'll be like eight and four.
Speaker 3: It's an interesting one because everyone's just waiting for a run. But it's like, is it the Richmond of old or are they just old?
Speaker 2: You know, time will tell, Brandon, so Ime will tell.
Speaker 3: Now. I want to get into this because you finally get to feel what it freaking feels like to watch Collingwood from the sidelines and it's torture.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting there, absolutely torture.
Speaker 3: Trick me every time. I'm sitting there going like already you know, got the got the tweet, sitting in the drafts going oh, well, good try, we'll get them next week type type shit in my Twitter draft. But god damn, you just come back and what what the hell happened? Seven goals to nothing in the last quarter? What was that?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's not the first time, Bright and so the fact that you don't expected I think you probably have learned your lesson a few times before this.
Speaker 2: But it was awesome.
Speaker 1: The day ninety five plus one thousand at the g it was one of the best atmospheres I've ever seen, like amazing. Obviously, the day within itself super super memorable for anyone that experiences that, but then to have the crowd, the two teams be up the top of the ladder, and the rivalry and everything that goes with it, it was an atmosphere one oh one, one of the best I've ever experienced.
Speaker 3: Let's go back and talk us through the week because it's a big week Anzac's Anzac Day, but at Anzac Week, because so much stuff happens, how did the club kind of celebrate it.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it's I don't know if it's necessarily probably celebration, but more recognition. It's always an interesting one of how to describe Anzac data people. But during the week every single year, I feel like we always have a veteran or someone who's served in the ANZACs or is at Anzac. And we went to the shrine as a team. We're told some really cool stories about some past players that have played for the club that I've gone and fought in the wars, And it was just a phenomenal, kind of humbling experience whenever you kind of have those those people tell those stories and see some of the memorabilia, some of the physical stuff that's from from World War One and World War Two. And there was a there was a cigarette holder that we talked about and there was a bullet that hit it and saved a person's life and it was in its breast pocket. And it's just like there's these little stories like that, you know, and it's just like little, you know, a little difference between life and death and war and the craziness of how one little thing and change and allow you to essentially make it through such a terrible, like scarring experience. And we go to the Eternal Flame, have a chat there and stuff as a club and it was it was really kind of moving, like and every single time this comes around this day, it's it's pretty phenomenal just to how so many people get behind it and pay such respect to it. And every one here I feel like has some kind of link or experience through a family member or someone they know with war like and it's so prevalent in Australian history that it's it's pretty amazing to have a day where we can honor the ANZACs and play and bring attention to what they've done through football.
Speaker 2: It's really cool.
Speaker 1: And shout out to Tashidi, who you know, has created this whole thing to be able to create this experience for everyone and to see how many ANZACs were there on the day and have the cards go around and it was just awesome. Like every single year, it's the you know, it's the one you look at on the calendar. You so, I can't wait to play this game.
Speaker 3: It would Yeah, it's cool. As a player it's got to be like one of the biggest draw cards for coming to the coming to the club. Like it's a massive day, it's a massive occasion. How did you spend it in the stance?
Speaker 1: Stressing? Just stressing so much. I think whenever you're in the stands, you see how you know how the game is supposed to be played, you know, whenever someone like messes up or someone does something really well, and like you're just like constantly like kind of judging the game because you know the background information behind it.
Speaker 2: It's just like, oh, you just live on the edge. You really live on the edge.
Speaker 1: And you're sitting there, You're like, oh, I'm going down a halftime and give you know, I can help out Billy frames to Tom this or that that's happening in the game, or give them a pump up wherever it is. And you're like, what can I do to help us team kind of win the game? And you do feel kind of helpless in the stands, like because you want to be on the ground playing and be able to physically do something that can change the result of the game. But yeah, it was it was stressful, but like it was so cool to see people and you know, Eston was up by like twenty thirty points, and then that first goal and then the second goal and the third fourth, and it goes seven goals in a quarter and then Collin would chant and then fans going nuts and giving it to everyone else, and it was just like the atmosphere just like kind of.
Speaker 2: Grew and grew and grew and grew and grew.
Speaker 1: And then you know, we hit the front and then we kick another one and another one and both finishes off with the you know, the kick after the siren to make it. And it was just such a cool, cool time to like to be there in an ANZAC day.
Speaker 2: That's very different from me.
Speaker 1: I always prefer obviously playing, but it was a really cool experience to be on the other side watching it and having that connection to the players, and don't know, I was just like so proud of them after like in I remember like someone was telling me I was on broadcast and sitting there and I was just like looking at the team. I was like, you almost get like emotional, like it's such a cool experience that everyone has in life that you'll never forget. And I remember like talking to Bobby Hill, I was like Bobby this would be a game that will live on in your life forever, in your head, like you'll never forget this.
Speaker 3: Well, those big games, they literally talk about them forever, Like in the week leading up, it's all, what was your favorite Anzac Day moment? What was your favorite like game moment. You know, Blairy's soccer through zaharacis goal swany kicking four, Like, there's always moments within a game that literally talked about forever. So it is a pretty you know, big occasion. Were you sitting there at the start of the fourth confident being five goals down that you can get the job done or you get the nerves kick in.
Speaker 1: Ah, you always got a little bit of nerves because they were up by I think it was like twenty or something through a quarter of time, and I knew we had to we had to get like the first. We need to get a bit of momentum. We had to get like one. We couldn't let them score like a goal or two goals or story off the quarter. We had to get the first and gain that momentum and just build from it. That's what we do, Like we do that really well, and we handle the situation and the pressure. I feel like very well as a club. And I think we went into a bit more of an attacking kind of game style, which we for some reason anytime we go into attacking and we're like just go, just go, we kick goals, like just almost think we should just constantly playing this kind of attacking mode because it just always seems to go really well for us.
Speaker 2: And yeah, we went into.
Speaker 1: That and just you know, one after another, and you know, we just got that confidence and just kept rolling with it as if you know. I talked to Nick after the game and he was just like, man, how good is this? And I was like, you just you feel it. You're like, you know, if it was a one off, you kind of bui up on my gosh. But like whenever you get that first goal, he's like, we've been here, We've done this, We're going to do it again. Like today's a day and you just another goal, another goal, and you just have that belief that you're going to actually win the game, even though you might be down by like fourteen twenty points. What it is, You've got that momentum. You know the goals will come and the time that you have.
Speaker 3: Left and you speak about needing the first goal. Now Billy Frampton, massive game playing in the rock.
Speaker 2: He God bless the man.
Speaker 3: He like drifts down and takes a mark on Sam Draper and goes back and kicks the guy. Now, most teams, if you're down by like four or five goals and you kick a goal, you're probably not really trying to show too much emotion because I don't know if it's just Australia or whatever, you kind of keep a lid on it. But everyone Darcy Moore from like you know, the back line gets all the way up and gets around Billy Frampton because it's his first goal. The team just seemed, you know, alive in that moment and full of confidence and it was like okay, we're on.
Speaker 1: It was it was cool like Billy taking that mark on Draper, who like he had a big, big role that day, Like you got the two big Phillips and Draper who are going against some too legitimate ruckman and a guy who backman it doesn't play much rock and he's in his first year at the club. Like its credit to Bill, like amazing what he's doing right now and filling a role that the team needs and he's going really well out i'd say yeah for him. I remember whenever he took that mark, there was I can't remember what player it was, but there was a player behind him. If you look at the vision, he turns around to the defenders and says, come in, because like sometimes you kind of forget it's a first goal of someonce because you're in the moment everything else right, You're like, oh, kick this goal. He's line back up all that, and one of the players had the thought process to turn around and said, no, it's his first got everyone come in, and he pointed to the defenders, and then you see this crowd of just the rest of the players come in and get around him, and yeah, to kick your first goal on anzact day, especially for someone who's a defender, who doesn't get many opportunities to do it, and he was dead set right in front, kicked it. And I think that, you know, that momentum of just belief and happiness and joy for someone like just bleeds into the next thing, bleeds into the next inner bounce, bleeds into the next stoppage, bleeds into the next you know, inside fifty and that confidence just keeps growing. So yeah, like little moments like that, I think are a lot bigger than people realize.
Speaker 3: And speaking on you know, infectious joy in little moments. Rayden Maynard, kicking in from a fullback, has an absolute stinker, slides off his boot, goes to an opponent who kicks a goal, cuts to him and he's having a laugh about it. His teammates come over there having a laugh about it. Cuts to the bench and Fly is having a laugh about it, and even one of the assistants is having a laugh about it. So the whole team is having a laugh about this absolute shocking mistake that leads to a goal in a big game, in a massive game, in a big moment. And I don't know, you can probably speak more on it, but it just seemed like, you know, let's not punish these errors, let's not harp on it. Let's move on to the next contest.
Speaker 1: There's a little bit of information behind this that people don't know about. Before the game, Craig had made a commentary he said, like, you know, mistakes are going to happen in this game, Like just move on, smile about move on, Like it doesn't mean you're kick. It just means he made one mistake and life is going to go on.
Speaker 2: We play on. It's all good.
Speaker 1: So whenever I think he sprayed that, it was kind of almost like it was coming to fruition, and all of a sudden it happened. Everyone just kind of laughed because we had already talked about this going to happen, and then everyone just kind of is like, oh, well, this is he predicted the future, and like it just kind of moved on.
Speaker 2: It's I think that's one thing our team does really well.
Speaker 1: It's like we don't sit there and you know, just think about the mistakes we just made for a long time, Like we just say, you know what, that's that moment.
Speaker 2: We move on to the next one.
Speaker 1: And it was just I think the reason everyone was smiling because of the comments that we made before the game about it and yeah, it coming to to truth, which was pretty funny with her itself. But yeah, we're really good at just being able to live in the moment, I think, rather than worry about the moments I had passed. And that's some one of our strengths as a team, and that leads to I think these these fourth quarter comebacks where we don't stress about thinking, oh we could have done this, we could have done that. It's like, what can we do in the next twenty minutes to win this game?
Speaker 3: Now we can't go any further without bringing up the goat the current Scott pen.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you. On the wing, I was very gonna say something else.
Speaker 3: On the wing goes up and cops are hit in the face and goes down. And whenever I see Pendles on the ground, I know it's bad because he doesn't fake, he doesn't pretend, he doesn't wing. He just goes on like with the business. But he stayed down. Cut into him and he's holding his eye and look he gets a poke in the eye. Another thing he said he got cracked in the nose. But you know, that's what I thought. The nose was there to protect his eyes. It's that big. But yeah, so he's gone down with an eye injury. And then just you know, flashbacks of Mason injury. Retina's all this stuff just started hitting me. I'm like, no, it's happened again. So do you have any word on Pendles? Is he all right?
Speaker 2: He might be joining the Goggle Gang for a little bit. To join the Goggle Gang, that's that's merch.
Speaker 3: We need.
Speaker 2: Goggle God called gang no, I did. I did see it happen.
Speaker 1: It was kind of you get punched the face, and because of the eye injury sometimes like you don't really know it happens until like later, and like he had his eye was like really swollen after the game. But I did see him after the game. I was just kinda tell so that there's anything, let me know. But I asked him, I said, do you see floaters? And one one sign is like if you see a bunch of black dots running around everywhere, like in your site, it's not a good sign. And he said, now he didn't see any that, So I kind of was like, Okay, you might might be all right here.
Speaker 3: Do you get money outside the cap for being like an eye specialist for the club.
Speaker 1: I've had that many issues now I feel like I could diagnose someone just looking at him. But now he's he seems to be all right. I'm not really too sure kind of what we're all land. I think it might be a few eyedrops or probably have to take something like that to make sure it doesn't get infected anything like that. But we've had a few players like Jack Chris had an eye injury, Brody Grundy haad eye injury and in training. This is all after I had him. So the guy who's our specialist is very much he loves Collingwood Jonathan and he would be working over with our team now. I feel like that man has got that many are clients come through Jonathan yelle y e oh. I'm just gonna give a shout out to him. Cause's the reason I'm playing foot Boss. Tell you're the reason.
Speaker 3: He's probably got a yacht.
Speaker 1: Many recommendations for the man. He does a really really good job mad calling supporter. So he'll have a look at him. They'll get a bit of an update. I think hopefully you should be all right.
Speaker 3: Now from the current goat to the future goat. We talk about Nick dake Us now, okay, let's just touch on it. He had forty disposals, nine score involvements, two goals when it absolutely mattered in the last quarter, basically winning the game. So throughout the week he copped criticism, unnamed criticism. Everyone kind of just skirted around it, going like, I don't know, some people are talking shit. I don't know. Not me, I wouldn't talk shit, but maybe if there's people are you know, insinuating that he gets most of his kicks off cheap handballs running around the back. Say it. No one else is going to say it. But there's a reason to that. Surely. Reason is he one of the best kicks in the game. And does he set up nine goals on Anzac Day with his forty touches?
Speaker 2: Yeah he does. He does.
Speaker 1: Like Look, I've said this, I've told Nick, this is like the way Australia works. The way the media is is they're going to build you up, and they're building him up well and truly building him up, and they're going to try to tear his ass down at some point and it's shit out, but it's just the way media works. And I told him be prepared for that moment where people are going to try to take cheap shots out of you, pot shots, and people are going to try to bring you back down to size, And don't fucking listen to him, because you're an amazing player who's gonna do amazing things for this club and the league. He'll be one of the best players to ever play the game. And you get these people who want to make these little comments and things like that. Oh he gets these easy touches and everything else. It's like, yeah, because if I were to mark the ball, you guys fucking believe I'm gonn give it to the nick day costs because his asking kick it five times.
Speaker 2: Better than I can, probably more than that. Yeah, he's going to be hitting hit ups that I wouldn't even dream about.
Speaker 3: He's getting cheap touches. Stop here, Yeah, why are you stopping?
Speaker 2: He's nineteen years old. Can't be that good?
Speaker 1: Right when Anzac Dave mettals over the house, there's a freaking gun. But it's I think the thing is like he does get those touches or gets handballverseason, it's one two and all that kind of stuff. And the reason is because he's a gun player who can hit kicks and give handballs and stuff like that that other players can't do. So plenty of your strengths allow him to do that and be able to move the ball forward where other players wouldn't be able to hit those kicks. And that's why he does that, and that's why we trust him to be able to get the ball forty times a match, because you know, those forty touches are going to be a lot better than if we try to go back, take our time and try to do something else. It's like give to him, want to move the ball forward quickly and try to get over the back.
Speaker 3: I remember Dane Swan. Now I don't reference Dane Swan very often for you know, nuggets a wisdom, but I remember at a press conference once someone said, oh, you got this praise from someone in the media, how does that make you feel? And he said, well, if I don't listen to him when they're talking shit, why would I listen to him when they're giving me praise? And I always thought that's a good way to think about it. Just don't listen to him.
Speaker 2: Ever, well, mine doesn't worry about the opinion of sheep.
Speaker 3: Well that's probably just a wise way of saying what a dance one would say. But there was a very wise man we talk about Darcy Moore, the general, the captain. He probably saved you from about thirty goals on the weekend. Was everywhere I will play on six forwards nuts. He's doing a lot back. There a lot of people missing from defense at the moment, but you only need one Darcy more. And it wasn't what he did on the field during the game it was what he did on the field post game with his speech that he made when he received the ANZAC Day Trophy. Now talk to us about this because everyone always seems dumbfounded that a footballer can you tie together a sentence, but he just you know, Uza's maturity and just leadership.
Speaker 1: He's a phenomenal person, like, not just a footballer, but I think even more a person away from the field. It's it's cool to see that Sean whenever he has opportunities to speak up and he spoke at the Nicky Wimmar thing last week, spoke really well there. Obviously the ANZAC Trophy presentations, spoke really well there. And the fact that he you know, you can go in there and just say, look, I don't want to you know, talk too much or anything like that.
Speaker 2: You know, he goes in.
Speaker 1: He made sure that he hit every single part of being an ANZAC, whether it be the families, whether it be the people who've been overseas, would be the veterans. He hit every single one. And it's a credit to him. Man, Like, it's not easy to go up there and have those speeches in front of one hundred thousand people, like it's it would be so nerve wracking, and then also you know, the energy of the game then being exhausted and everything else on top of it and just sit there.
Speaker 2: Rock Up speaks so well.
Speaker 1: With such maturity in front of a crowd like that, I'm just like, I don't know, I don't know how to put it.
Speaker 2: It's a bit weird to say you're.
Speaker 1: Proud of a guy that you like cond mates with, but like so like so freaking proud of him, what he does and the way he handled himself and represents himself. He will be one of the most successful players, not only on the field, but I think post career whenever he finishes up that man, if he is not a CEO of a damn company, whenever he finishes up, I don't know who's going to be a better fit. Look, I'm happy to put him CEO of the AFL right now because apparently they're not going to decide, so happy to put his name up for that.
Speaker 2: But in all honestly, he's an amazing human.
Speaker 1: Cannot have more you know, admiration for what he does, and it's just a credit to his family.
Speaker 2: Being brought up, your school captain.
Speaker 1: He's worked really hard for these things, and he's one of those people that I don't think you'll find many that will ever have a bad word to say about him. And he's just going to lead this club into so much success. I'm just so excited for it.
Speaker 3: One day you'll say some nice stuff about me like that, mate. I reckon Collingwood's made some really good decisions like getting in like fly to coach, getting Darcy on his captain, getting you know what, would have to be the AFL's best American player of all time easily, just doing all the right things at the moment. And I will say the second highest home and away game of all time.
Speaker 2: I want to say yeah, yeah, because.
Speaker 3: I think Melbourne Collingwood again in nineteen fifty eight number one, which I don't think will be obtained again because it was like ninety nine thousand and with the way the mcg is all set up. But it was a great day, great win. I think what is a good way to finish is an update on your injury, because there was a few moments there where we needed the big Feller back.
Speaker 2: We were looking forward to Jamie Ellen's the tallest guy in the four line. You're going, oh jeez, they were shot.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of short blokes out there. Yeah, what are we? Are we all clear? Are you allowed to train?
Speaker 1: I've got some good news. Yes, I did have the CT scan. Doc clued me for being able to run, not contact yet, so can't play games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just throw them out there. Everyone calm down. But I can train.
Speaker 1: So I've been essentially of not being able to do any physical activity. So it's been very chilled. So I've lost a bit of conditioning. So these next two weeks or however long it's going to be, and I'm going to get absolutely flogged, like absolutely flogged by the team, sorry, by the by the high performance manager and the conditioning coach. But I'm excited.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: It's good to feel like you can actually do your job again. Like it's weird to something have something stripped away from you that you essentially you're there for, like your career is to work out and to be playing, and to have it stripped away so quickly was, you know, a bit of a slap in the face.
Speaker 2: But it's so nice now.
Speaker 1: I had my first run before before the game, and it was just the feeling of being able to get back to doing things like a normal athlete was awesome. So we'll get another doctor check up before, sorry, after the Adelaide game this week, and then that will kind of give me an idea of whether I can play. But yeah, it's it's good scigence, it's good signs. We're head in the right direction, which is good.
Speaker 3: So no more beers, pizza. You have to throw the vape away. You're like back into.
Speaker 2: It the gatorade bottle.
Speaker 3: You see, you had a good one on the weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, hey, now to finish it off day. I don't know if you've seen it. A little bit of merch y got bright and you forgot to mention it. You're staring right at it. Ladies and gentlemen, there's a bit of Mason Cock showing merch out there.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: It's a very limited edition, very very limited. Then there's not many at all because we're in the very beginning stages of this. But ladies and gentlemen, if you're interested in this, please hit us up because I want to. I want to see if we can maybe sell some merch, get some people around the stuff, you know, don't get it out there. But it is going to be very limited, very limited, So you have to shoot us a DM if you're interested.
Speaker 3: That's some good quality. It is very tight around the pipeways like that.
Speaker 2: And I don't have big ones, ladies and gentlemen, so I will fit anyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's good because people have been hassling us in the dam. So if you want one, jump in the dams because you might be a special special person if you get to walk around the old Mason cock shirt T shirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: I've been iron off a few of those hats. Do I get any free stuff?
Speaker 2: You do? You finally get free things? Brighten. This is what happens when are you get into the media.
Speaker 1: There in the big time by ladies jentlemen. Thank you so much. Absolute awesome episode. Hopefully you've enjoyed it. Some absolute nuggets in there. Like we said at the beginning, though, if you haven't heard the Dustin Fletcher episode, you have to listen to it.
Speaker 3: He tells a story about Alessio getting the spray from Kevin Cheety.
Speaker 1: But there's a bit of a twist. There's a bit of a twist. There's a bit of a twist. He might not have played a twist. There's and then he talks about some big parties in the off season, some team trips of one hundred and fifty k.
Speaker 3: They were raising revenue just for off season parties. Could you imagine that now?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine that you're paying more, You're getting more of a kiddy for that.
Speaker 1: People would actually be on a salary that's less than the kiddy for the off season trip.
Speaker 3: Out rattling the tins. Oh, please give to Mason Cox's mal Monday Fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's absolute gems in there, so check it out wherever you get your podcast is the one before this show. We released it on the day before Anzac Day. Absolute gold, that one is, so check it out. But that is it for the catch up, the sports pod catch up, and a massive one thank you to all the ANZACs out there for serving. Thank you everyone that's made this week such a memorable week and being able to represent the ANZACs in such a special way. It's a credit to this country and what they do and us on the show. We just want to say a massive thank you for doing what you do to give us the freedoms and rights to be able to do stupid shit like this.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Everyone having an amazing weekend ahead and we'll speak to you next week.
Speaker 3: Prayse up, defend us, Praise up,