Speaker 1: I hit it for so long, and I one't really knew then you I had an eating problem where I would sick certain things. No one knew I was billemix. I was bilimics for so long. I'm sure honest to people like you know you and Colin fighting, I was be like, it's still it's a real relationship. Now, I'd be like, yeah, you give me a shit sometimes, Oh my god, Colin, you search It's like it's a real relationship now. I'm not going to pretend everything's okay all the time when it's not. We just went through a bloody rollercoaster and then we had to hide for three months, and then they're just thrown in the public space. But everybody just jugs the shit out of us. Of course, there's going to be times where we really really struggle. I was exercising every day, so I didn't have a six pack. It's me. I always thought, you know, the bachelor, I had to this beautiful, you know, spit goal and might be averagely fit. To me, I didn't have my ideal bachelorette body. And then I was like, you know what, I don't get picked for the way I look, you know, amazing bachelorre body that I don't have. I got picked because of me.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome to Outspoken, out Under the Influence episode. You're joined as usual by journalists Amy and Sophie Torber and today we're so excited to have Australia's reality show sweetheart Angie.
Speaker 3: Kent on the show.
Speaker 2: The bubbly, fun loving twenty nine year old one Hearts and Friends when she partnered with best friend Evie Jones to commentate from the couch as we watched them watching TV on goggle Box. Since then, she's gone on to appear on I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here, and Find Love on The Bachelorette. In today's episode, Angie candidly speaks about her struggles with bulimia, her time as a carer, and the speculation surrounding her relationship with Carlin.
Speaker 3: Here's Angie, So.
Speaker 2: Angie, welcome to Outspoken. We are so excited to have you on our show because we have to say you were our favorite bachelorette that has appeared on the show.
Speaker 1: Ah, thanks goal, No worries.
Speaker 2: So we've heard that you've had an incredibly busy end of the year. You've recently finished your book tour for your first book. If you don't laugh your cry, can you tell us a little bit about the book and what inspired you to write it in the first place.
Speaker 1: Well, I love writing. I've been writing since I was a little gal. I'd always write stories or do a lot of poetry. I was so bad, but like I thought, I was great and just you know, diaries and things. And then I studied creative writing at UNI, both in America and in prison at QUT. So I've always like dabbled in it, but I never thought of, you know, writing or anything like that. I just used it more of like a creative outlet and expressions things like that. And then after the Jungle and Goggle Book and then write before Bachelorette, I was approached to, yeah, write a book, and they didn't know they kind of wanted me to. You know, it's still my book, but that asking questions and I just speak, you know how I answer things like I did on Google Blocker in the Jungle or whatever. They didn't actually know that I loved to write. So I wrote the whole thing in three weeks before I went into lockdown, which was kind of full on. But it was just such a nice relief, Like it was kind of like a something I didn't have to think about, you know, bachelorette, and it was just straight into writing, which was Yeah, I think it's exactly what I need.
Speaker 3: It got three weeks.
Speaker 2: That's amazing to be able to produce a book in such a short amount of time. You're Australia's JK. Rowling.
Speaker 1: Basically, yeah, I wouldn't go that far. I don't know how to bake up really really good stories. I don't even how to tell my stories. But yeah, not only three weeks, so it was full on. It was quite a short redline. But in a way I see it as a blessing because I then didn't have time to like overthink every single topic I was going to discuss and edit myself. I was just like, go for goal, say how you would want to say, and don't edit yourself, Like this is the real you don't over don't you know. With any project we do with humans, we just ce critique. We always try to find something to make it better. But this way it was just like pure raw angy, no time to overthink, which I think was kind of yeah, a blessing in the sky.
Speaker 2: And as you say, You do speak so candidly in the book about growing up on the Sunshine Coast in your childhood. For those who haven't read it yet, can you tell us a little bit about what your childhood was like growing up.
Speaker 1: My childhood, I would say, was like that pretty sock standard Sunshine Curast childhood. We were very lucky to have such beautiful weather and you know, spent so much time at outdoors. I was part of the generation early nineties where there was none of that you know, computer time. When there was a PlayStation, but even then we would only be allowed on it for like, you know, an hour of something a day, and that was like a tree. It was more like you know, plane trees, cobby houses. And my dad felt this like you know, amazing slide with his bare hands. Like there was things like that, like old school ninety stuff, which I you know, I loved. I'm so glad I've missed generation of technology, because then I wouldn't have probably had my wild imagination.
Speaker 3: Did you have a.
Speaker 2: Holly pocket or a baby born? Was that was that kind of.
Speaker 1: Oh my god? I had both of home. I had pocket do more. I was absessed with those tiny little goals. I was like I love putting them in all different like mermaids and like, oh my god, I forgot about something and baby born Mine was Amber Jane.
Speaker 2: Oh well, Sophie had a baby born, and so did our other sister, Kate. And they actually named theirs after Baywatch characters, which I don't know is actually appropriate now you think about it.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, so tweaked. I love it.
Speaker 2: I think we're the same vintage. We turn thirty this year. You've got your thirtieth coming up soon, don't you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: February six is my thirtieth. I can't believe I'm going to be thirty. I have no more excuse to act like a complete idiot anymore, do I I'm still going to. I just don't have an excuse.
Speaker 2: I don't. I think, just be yourself. I think it's the worst thing is when you're twenty nine and you're waiting to turn thirty. Once you're thirty, it's like you can laure that over people and be like, well, I'm thirty and I know that now, Yeah, what.
Speaker 1: Have you got? Funny? I'm not really a birthday gal. I know that sounds really sad. I can't of never really, I just have dinner normally, but because it is my thirtieth and I feel like I really want to celebrate everything I've achieved in my twenties, I wouldn't mind doing something, but I'm going to be working, so I yeah, I'm working on my actual birthday, and then both weekend surrounding my birthday, I'm working. So I don't know. I don't know unless somebody wants to. One thing Carlin has brought me for my birthday is an to go see Gabby Bernstein. She's like my spiritual guru, So that's one way to helprate, which I'm really.
Speaker 3: Excited about it.
Speaker 1: But besides that, I'm not doing anything. I'll make I'll make Mum organize maybe a little family thing.
Speaker 2: On more serious topics, just going back to your book, I think what I loved most about it was just how open you were talking about your struggle with boliemia.
Speaker 3: Because I know a lot of young women.
Speaker 2: Would have read this book and related very much to it. Can you tell us about that time in your life when you were fourteen and you were going through these struggles For a.
Speaker 1: Long time, I didn't talk about it, and I was so embarrassed and ashamed because there was no real information or you know, knowledge surrounding this. I just thought people would think that I'm doing it for attention. They wouldn't understand why. I didn't really understand why I did it until later on in life. Yeah, I think. I mean it's so hard that time too. I kind of lanked a lot of it out. When you're in times of real hurt, you do, as humans do, tend to blank out certain parts. But I think it started around fourteen because that's when I remember I went to a natural pat and she says, you know you are w you eat and not having much knowledge or education on that. Obviously, as a fourteen year old with all those while for men, that to me kind of sounds like, you know, stop eating unless it's just carrot. So I literally did that. I would just eat salads and vegetables. But then you know, I got hungry around that crazy time of the month and I want to bin. And then that's kind of when it started. I was punishing myself for you know, I think it was flipping up and then it turned into more of an addiction, like I was addicted to doing it, and it wasn't because I wanted to be skinny. But then I did start to get really skinny, and a lot of people started to notice that, and then that would be that then became an obsession too. That's the way I got attention. Yeah, I could not not do it, like my body would physically until I did it. And then I'd just like, oh okay, grate my mind stopping saying do it, do it, do it, do it. As soon as I did it, it would go away. Yeah. It was like a control thing too. You know, my life felt a little bit out of control, so I could control what went into my body. Therefore I could control what came out of it. It's all very when you do the research on it later on in life. You know, now I understand why I did it. It's really quite sad because I was a little girl. Really, I didn't know what I was doing. I just knew I had to do it. That's what I felt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fourteen is so young.
Speaker 2: I mean at the time when we're all fourteen, I think we all thought we were just so old, But it's so young. Did you feel pressure to live up to any sort of girls in the magazines because now everyone's got Instagram and it kind of scares me a little bit. Does that kind of did you feel the pressure to live up to those these girls and do you know, oh no, was it more of a control thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, never to look like never to look like anyone. I suffered really bad acne. I think I just that really affected my self esteem. Yeah, so that was the main cause of it. It's suffering from the ACTE. I wanted to have to ski like all my friends, but no, I know when it's bad to beings to me that then it wasn't that big a deal, I think. I mean, you know, it was like MySpace and MSN Messenger, But I never felt the pressure to look like anyone. I always just felt pressure to be perfect, but not comparing myself to anyone. I was very odd.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's odd at all. I think that's quite normal.
Speaker 2: But such a tough time to navigate, isn't it like when you're going through high school when everything's changing And I was gonna say, while, how did.
Speaker 3: You manage to overcome all of this?
Speaker 1: I took years. I hit it for so long, but I one't really knew then you won't have an eating problem where I would eat certain things. No one knew I was BOLLEMI I was alimic for so long. I started to when I moved to Sydney, I started to see a psychologist and I finally started to open up about it. And then I really got into mindfulness, meditation, and I went down more of a spiritual path. I always had spirituality kind of growing up, but it was more Catholic religious space. I started to turn more universal self kind of expressing and finding out about myself. I'm just finding out triggers and why I did it, and went down the whole you know, family, life path, friends, relationships that may have affected me. I why I would have done this and that Really Yeah, I educated myself on it, and then you know, for you, I still had days where I had to when I felt that trigger of not being good enough for my body wanting to do that because it was so many years of using myself like that, I had to create channel it to go elsewhere. Would be like, you know, go meditate now, or go right, or say something beautiful about yourself, don't run to the toilet. It took a long time, and you know what I always say, It's like any addiction, it never goes away. You just channel it elsewhere, and you get addicted to something else, like treating yourself better or meditation or exercising. But yeah, I still have really bad thoughts when I'm down. I just don't want to do that to myself anymore, so I channel it to other other area, you could say, And.
Speaker 2: Were you worried at all that appearing on a show like The Bachelor, where you receive so much scrutiny and judgment, were you worried that that might spark some of those feelings again?
Speaker 1: Oh? One, and it did. At the beginning. I I went in like I was exercising every day, but I wasn't you know what was overly super fit? You know, I didn't have a six pack. It's me. I always thought, you're the Bachelor. I had to be beautiful, you know, fit Galon m'd be averagely. I'm only quite little. But to me, I didn't have my ideal bachelorette body. And then I was like, you know what, I didn't get picked for the way I look and for this, you know, amazing bachelorette body that I don't have. I got picked because of me. So I am focused on that more. But no idead. I often felt prescious through at you know, I would try to try to put me in size sixes and I wasn't a size six, but by the end I was six because I was so stressed. Yeah, and then I watched myself just like anyone, and I'd worry mainly not about my body weight, but just my acme I look and I just like, oh my god, or I could notice was my scars. And then I just thought, you know, don't be ridiculous. Nobody is perfect, and focus on your heart. That's why you're in there. It's a find love, not to you know, why would I want to pick somebody that only liked me for the way I look.
Speaker 2: We all thought you looked absolutely stunning, and as we said, you were just saying this, but you were our favorite bachelorette because not only we think you're gorgeous, you're funny.
Speaker 3: You're the full package.
Speaker 2: I think that's not to say the other bachelorettes haven't made, but you brought such amazing personality. And you know, you actually stood up to those dicks in the house because I'm sure there's some kind of contracts you have to sign that you know they've got.
Speaker 3: You know, some of the entertaining people have to stay in.
Speaker 2: But I actually thought that in terms of criticism, I think people haven't been openly criticizing you as much as maybe previous bachelorettes. Have you felt that or have you felt a lot of criticism?
Speaker 1: I got so lucky, But then again, I didn't search for it because I have some suggars and suffering from both of esteem and eating sort of for so long back in the day. I don't like to search. You know, some people misery likes companies that if you're in a feral mood you kind of want to attract, like book for more. No, I was really important, and just maybe ignorance is blissed too. Since I didn't look for it, I didn't see it, but I don't reckon. Many people commented on the way I looked at all. I think because it wasn't that type of bachelorette. It was just really emotional and kind of personality based, like even my boys they well, I thought that was a lot of people were like little why not? But it was very much. They had huge personality. So I was like, and I love a personality, I thought, looking but a lot of people were like, god, you locked out girlfriend, and I was like, you know, I'm not unless I have low standards.
Speaker 2: Well, I've got to say, as soon as Carlin came on, I mean, SOF and I we always played that game, and I think you and Eve played it a little bit on Google Box, where you'd be like nah nah no. We were literally not well, not that we were saying no, but I was like, he's clearly the best looking of all of them.
Speaker 1: A game. That's the game we'd play.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, were you playing that in your head the night they were all coming down to beat you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just just by myself, I was said, and wonder if I did. That night was so long I probably can say I was like, I was like, yeah, girl, oh my god. With Carlin, he was just yes, he's obviously so good looking, but to me, it was just like his presence and how calming he was, and he really looked into my eyes, and that feeling was just so overwhelming. A lot of the boys were so nervous and highly strong, because like such an intimidating night. I can't even explain how full on that night is. And it's so cold, so everyone's knows and they're cold, and then they're just hanging for a drink, but they've been waiting around for hours. But he had this like beautiful, calming presence. And yeah, usually I wouldn't go for the best looking guy because I would think this is so mean, but I was kind of thinking, oh, you're probably boring, but he wasn't. They didn't show his personality as much because they've lost such big, big personalities like Kim and Kieran, Jamie and all that. That kind of stole the show a bit. But yeah, I know he he looks for just a bonus, seriously, Like it's his personality and his presence that really really drew me to him. And he looked ridiculously good enough that white food, let's say so.
Speaker 2: Well, I just felt like he was discriminated against throughout the series because of his looks, because everyone sort of judged him as to be like, oh, you're just on here for your Instagram and that kind of thing. And I suppose we've seen that in the past with The Bachelor, a lot of the women often get judged. But I don't know, soph did you feel the same thing that people were Well, as Andre was saying, I felt like they refer that he didn't have much of a personality, and it is hard to show everyone's personalities, I suppose in that half an hour time.
Speaker 3: But also the Bachelor.
Speaker 2: The Bachelor wants everyone to be shocked at the end as well, and I felt like that always, you know, it doesn't work in the favor of the winner. Did you find that you thought that it was very much focused on Tim, wasn't it the last few episodes.
Speaker 1: I think that definitely kept everyone on the edge of their seats in terms of who I was going to pick. But that wasn't That was because I I didn't know. I really didn't know. And I did have to tell Carla this, you know, as soon as the show was done, and I picked him, and because I didn't want him to think that I, you know, was keeping anything from him, because he was got to see it in real, you know time when you guys were watching it. But I had no idea who I was going to kick until I stood there on that thing environ and they had to send someone down first. That's the name of the game. And they said, it's the first person that comes your head. Who comes down first doesn't mean that he's the one that's going home. And I just Kim and I had time to change my mind, and I didn't. I just felt like, no, I can't spend I can't spend Carlen home, and thank God, because I feel like, you know, I will always have a soft spots for Tim. He's, like I said, I still stand by the fact that he is one of my soulmates. But Carlin is my future. You know, there's a future with Carlin. And yeah, but no, I think they they edited definitely to be the Tim Show. But that's because I didn't even know who I was going to pick, so I played a huge part in them kind of having that footage where it's like we didnt know who's going to pick into the last minute anyway, So you.
Speaker 2: Would, well, that's great to hear that you were being genuine because often I watch, especially the American Bachelor and Bachelorette.
Speaker 3: Do you watch those?
Speaker 1: No, I have, like in the past, but no, I haven't you everything's.
Speaker 3: So sensationalized compared to the Australian.
Speaker 2: One, and they're always I could imagine I.
Speaker 3: Wanted to see you guys watch it on Google Box because it's I.
Speaker 2: Feel like anyway, but they they're always, oh, they actually tell the people that they love both of them, and then you never know who they're going to pick.
Speaker 3: So I love that you're pe.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they would have loved thing do things differently. But I always said, if I'm going to be a bachelorette, you have to let maybe meet Otherwise I'm not going to get anything. I'm just going to be awkward. I'm going to try to be someone I'm not and no one wants to watch that. So I often would go rogue and do what I wanted, and by halfway they were like, don't overly, you know, tell Angie what to do, because obviously I had rules and things like to follow and you know, boxes to tick. They were like, the magic happens when Angie gets an idea in her head and grows rogue. And they often let me to do what I wanted, which is great. Otherwise I would have just felt felt trapped and like I had to be someone I'm not and that's that would have just everybody would have seen through it. People who have followed me for years, they would have been like, that's just while we're watching this bachelorette, that's not Angie and I devil wanted that.
Speaker 2: I think that's so true talking about people going Kieran seemed to do a lot of what he wanted to do. Was he actually fully nude in front of.
Speaker 1: You all, fully nude? Fully nude? I thought when he took off his rob but I kept saying to Evan, surely not, surely not. She's like, I reckon he would, and I'm like, no, it'll He'll have a little cheese during one and we'll just seek He's like what he was darker and he thought it was only going to be for like twenty minutes. He was naked for like four hours and he was just standing there for so long. I just kept getting up afooring him drinks. So I was like, I'm going to be drunk because he's got three more hours of this. Otherwise he's just going to start. It's going to kick in and he's going to be like what am I?
Speaker 2: So well during the show, I felt like there's been constant speculation of rumors that you didn't end up finding love. I don't know if you felt that, but I felt like it was very much that feeling this year, and now since you've obviously announced that you're with Carlin, there seems to be so much pressure put on for you to show how in you are via Instagram.
Speaker 3: Have you felt that pressure at all?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little bit, because the ending is so full, and with you know, them editing Kim so well and not editing the way I saw him. I mean like, obviously they didn't fake any of it. All that stuff happened. They just didn't shine so much light on the connection. Corlin and I had a bought through shine the light on the connection Tim and I had. I was kind of like, oh god, you know this could go. There wasn't really fifty fifty. It was like sixty forty, like everybody wanted Jim doing and then Carlin. So I was like I felt this pressure in a way because so many people were like, oh, she's made the biggest mistake of her life, and it's like, no, I haven't. Yeah, people aren't there, you know, they don't understand what actually goes on. That's the show. I was watching it as a show. I already lived the experience. I already know what happened. So yeah, when I left, I was a little bit like, you know, I felt like I kind of had to prove and then I'm like, well, so as long as my friend's family go and Colin friends and family, no, and Colin, and I know, I don't really overly care what anybody else has to say. I'm glad they had they got their show. At the end of the day, they didn't get their happy ending, but I got mine. And isn't that the basis of the show exactly?
Speaker 2: And sometimes you know when you see couples on Instagram and they try a bit too hard, you know they're posting these love Yeah, I feel like that's the first sign that a relationship probably isn't going too well.
Speaker 1: I'm true honest to like the people that even said which would probably get me in trouble. People are like, you know, you and Colin fighting, I'd be like, it's still it's a real relationship now. I'd be like, yeah, he gives me the ship sometimes, Oh my god, Colin surging, It's like, it's a real relationship now. I'm not going to pretend everything's okay all the time when it's gone. We just went through a bloody roller coaster and then we had to hide for three months and then we're just thrown in the public space. But everybody was judge the shit out of us. Of course, there's going to be times where we really really struggle that we communicate so well, but yeah, we have some Sarry Crockers. We have days where we're just like, this is so hardcore, but we talk it out. We don't shut down, which is good. That was growth like that because I could see how it feel really hard for couples after this show because it's hardcore, Oh for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean even when you look at Matt Agnews series and they constantly were showing him, you know, humping, well, try humping Abbey on the beach, I was like, wow, that's going to be a hard episode to watch for those two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, everybody signs up, so you know, no one's forced to do it, but you don't realize how hard it's going to be, and you don't really think about what Australia is going to think of you when you're living the experience and throwing yourself in there to find love. I mean, that's my case. I never thought what Australia think of me when I was filming those nine weeks because I just wanted to get through the days and make connections and you know, look after my heart. During the process. But yeah, you just watch it and you're just like, oh my gosh, this is you don't think about that and you've got to have the right too mentally to be able to deal with it. For sure. Yeah, that would have been so hard for Chelsea to watch that, but it is it is. It is showing they did do it. So it's kind of like it's it's up for they can show whatever they want at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: And many of our listeners would have first fell in love with you, of course on Google Box. You appeared on the show along Evie, but there was also a third housemate who we didn't get to see, your best friend Tom, and you of course acted as Tom's care for three and a half years.
Speaker 3: Can you tell us a little bit about what that time was like in your life.
Speaker 1: Oh, that was a magical time. It was a hardcore time obviously, because you know, I went from moving to Sydney in Turning my slight off in the film television world, so I moved Therefore, I wanted to produce and eventually direct, and you know I had all these different ideas and yeah, I was you know, partying because I was only young in Turning working as a dinning or doing chromo and then when I met you, I was just convinced me into moving in. So I went from this young twenty one twenty two year old girl. So then kind of being like a not a parent because Tom's older than me, but you know, being a full time support worker but also best friend and house mate. So it just makes me kind of not grow up quicker, but really, you know, put my caring hat on, and yeah, we kind of had our own family. It was like being easy with the moms and dads and then we had our had our Tom, and then we had our seven at baby seven at a time, rescue dogs, let's go on environment. There was always a lot of people coming and going, but it was so magical. I learned so much about myself. And you know, I've traveled with Tom Sabali twice and We've been to London together and he comes and stays on the Sunshine Coast and we stay in apartments and you know, we go. He's just like a family member to me. Now. Yeah, it was a real Ironsina and I wouldn't change a thing. Learning how to look after somebody with the intellectual disability and diabetes is it's hard work because he could wake up in the middle of the night scareaming bloody birder and you know, from a hyperoguo semic attack, and I'd have to you know, he would kind of have to pin him down, and I'd have to put food in his mouth, and then we have to get the needles into him. So it's it could be quite full lot of times. But then other times, you know, you just learn to live in the moment because that's how Tom lived, and you learn so much about getting over stuff because there's just more to life and worrying about, you know, being stuck in traffic Sydney traffic, or not getting the new iPhone, you know, stuff that people lose their minds over. It just made me realize that more. I'm kind of just live in the moment, which was exactly what I needed being a youngster moving to that wild while Sitney lifestyle.
Speaker 2: And the goggle Box, of course, seems to kind of pride itself on showing diverse families in Australia. Did it annoy you a little bit that they chose not to include Tom as part of your family in the show?
Speaker 1: No, I know, the thing that was a lot of pressure for goggle Box because it just seems so much hate, like, oh my god, what's the show? It sounds rubbish. So they didn't want it to be that show where they're putting in I don't know how to say this without coming across that I don't know. They say, I know what you do, and you know exactly what you you know what I mean. They don't want it to be that show where they're just putting in a bunch of minorities to sell it to people are like, oh, you know that. That's how they felt to serve. And also Tom was one do it because he would not want to sit for four hours watching the amount of crap we've watched. Sometimes amongst the amazing shows, we watched a lot of crap. He'd be like, I don't like it. I want to play my video games, I want to eat like good. Only we wanted to live his best life. We wouldn't have wanted to hold him down because that's not the way, That's not what we're there to do. You know, when he's half my support workers, we're not going to force him to do stuff. Plus Tom's very hard to understand, So every time Tom would have spoke, we either or I would have had to repeat what he said, because only close people to Tom can really understand what he's thinking and saying, so there'd be some titles or we'd have to repeat everything. So there was kind of reasons as to why Tom couldn't be apart, but there was no resentment there at all. If anything, Tom would have resented asked if we forced he watched that much television.
Speaker 3: Too much Bachelor for him. I was gonna say, what, oh God, what's.
Speaker 2: The reality of actually being on google Box? Because I mean, as I said, we all love the show, but do people recognize you on the street.
Speaker 3: I suppose when you were on google Box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when Edie and I went together, especially when we were with like Sisy, our big bulldog, and the two Pomeranians we had at the time that are both passed now rest in peace, our little princes. They were kind of like the original google Box dogs. Yeah, we were together, people would buying the dog cart. So when we went to dog pubs and stuff. Even now, people will still yell out goggle Box girls, and a lot of people it is, and a lot of people at my book signings will still say we just loved you on google Box, and I was like, They're like, we watched the other shows, but we missed you so much on goggle Box. Are you coming back? I get that question every time I'm out and about usually when are you going back to goggle Box? And I'm like, guys, been here and they ain't taking us back. Once you leave and do other shows, they not having your back.
Speaker 2: Were you interested to see how they would actually cover the Bachelorette because I watched, you know, I was really interested to see how they would tackle it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was interested in Slash, excited, slash, a bit nervous.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm still pretty close with all of them. Some are talking more than others, but that's just like any work, you know, friends, situation, you talk to some people more than others. I've got a lot of support, mainly from my goggle block, but yeah, I saw from the jungle some of them weren't that supportive of a little bit like, oh, you know, here we go. But I sat on my couch for four years the same to other people, so you know, comma whatever it was my time to cover.
Speaker 2: And just how rigorous is the filming process? I mean, I suppose like for a lot of people watching at home. Is there a cameraman actually there or is it a camera setup or what exactly does that look like?
Speaker 3: In your house?
Speaker 1: There is an entire crew, so there's really like five people, but they're all set up. It was my at the time, so they do they operate everything from another room, so they'll have two cameras, but there's not a cameraman behind. So I mean after the second season, you don't even notice if the cameras are there. And we did it for four years, so it was just like second h to us. They're lighting and sounding into a mic and stuff, but nothing there to make you, you know, overly feel like you're not, you know, in the comfort of your home watching television with your friends or family or seven rescue dogs.
Speaker 2: Were you ever concerned about what you might say if it came back to buy you because I know, we always joke that our family would be amazing, that our dad would just be too offensive in his comments.
Speaker 3: From you know, the shows he watches. Yeah, are you have a bit worried?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: At first I think we were a little bit, and then with time because it was just like God, if I have to send to everything, I said there, there's be no point me talking because my brain to mouth ratio is like quite off sometimes and so as my heart to mouth ratio. So I usually say what I think and then later I'll go, oh, my god, oh that probably wasn't right. But they never showed me saying that, so they just show that's the thing. I'd say.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: We were never allowed at to be around the celebrities that we would speak about, so we felt really protected. And then when we got into the world of you know, after the Jungle and especially Bachelorette, I'm working with all these people I spoke about, I do get a little bit nervous because I'm like, for four years I watched you and they were like, yeah, and I remember you said this, and I was like, I don't remember. I just love.
Speaker 2: And one question I suppose people are interested to find out is how will you and Carlin be spending Christmas this year? Is your first Christmas together? Is the pressure on to see families and make it a special one?
Speaker 1: We were Yeah, we were originally going to do his family fos and then mine, but this was at a time where it was like still super fresh, and I thought to myself, if I was dating somebody in the real world after three months have been together. Even in the normal setup, I would never be like, again, I'm going to your house to christ and you're kind of fine, like I wouldn't. But I did feel this pressure of, like you after the show, you almost feel like you're engaged, and I had this I was putting pressure on it, which is not like me to do that, and I kind of I'm speaking to Georgia love actually, and I said to her, I just feel like I need to not rush it, but keep that flow of the show kind of alive. You know, there's a high, intense, bold feeling. She's like, no, you're at a real world now, girl, do what you would do. And I'm like, oh god, I'd take it. Let's go back to basics and let's just date and still be boyfriend girlfriend, but like just be normal. So he's I'm not going there for Christmas, but he's coming puts very infamous Kent Boxing Day, which I need to bribe all the boys on the show about. I'd be like, yeah, your don't behavior. Wo'd be coming to the Kent Boxing Day and everybody was like a joke we had in the mansion, so Yeah, he's coming for Boxing Day and we're going to spend Boxing Day and up until New Year's Day together.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so nice.
Speaker 2: And just lastly, so when I am massive Christmas fan, so we have to ask are you a big Christmas fan or can you sort of You're not you're not that into it?
Speaker 3: Not tragic like us?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh my god, I love Christmas so much. I've already been to the Contrary Christmas Carols and then the next night I do the Karamunday Lake Christmas Carols and life. And we've got like Christmas Light looking we're going to do we go to that like what's that religious one down in a dream that they put on that big really? Oh, we have it, I know.
Speaker 2: All I'm such as for Christmas Treo, do you have a real Christmas tree or a fake?
Speaker 1: No, we have a thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 1: My family passes too, like we've got too much stuff going on, and there's a way will we be able to get a real Christmas tree up in horror? But no, I love Christmas. I love Christmas so much. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: And just lastly, obviously you've got your book out at the moment, what other exciting things you have planned for next year?
Speaker 3: And where can people get a copy of your book as well?
Speaker 1: I think my book is still here, there and everywhere, which is great. Again, I like to say very clearly that my book is in like a biography. I know, I'm only like twelve years old and I haven't lived a lot of lives to be like, listen to my story of my life. It's more like, you know, life lessons, what to do, what not to do for your best mate. You know, I've been through some stuff. I've learned. This is how I got navigated through some things. This is what you shouldn't do. I recommend, but again, I'm not a doctor or a spiritual guru. Kind of Yeah, it's a nice, little lighthearted read. You can read a lot about, you know, living with people with the disability, rescuing dog, relationships, friendship, and I'm pretty sure it's still online book Tropia Dimmicks, and I think it's a lot like Target. Everything. Target sounds like a present. It's a cute little Christmas present and it's really easy reading my mom's goat done and read it in like an hour, put it down. I know that's my mom that's been embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Well, if your mom didn't like it, would be a bit concerned.
Speaker 3: She's loving it as well.
Speaker 1: At least I've got my mom and my number one.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much for joining us. We've had such a lovely time chatting with you and we wish you all the best.
Speaker 3: But I hope you have a nice Christmas.
Speaker 1: Guy. It's merry Christmas and joy the festivities. And watch this face because there's some other exciting things popping up your full secret Squirrel, but time will reveal.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, so nearly said that at the same time. Sorry, we can't wait to find out.
Speaker 2: Thank you again, Well, thank you so much for listening to another episode of Outspoken. If you did enjoy today's episode with Angie, we'd love if you could share it on your Instra story to let others know about the podcast. If you could also leave us a review, that would be amazing, And if you would like to join in the conversation online, We're on Instagram at Outspoken Undersport the Underscore Podcast. We're also on Facebook via the same name. Thanks again for joining us.