Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast, Flexi. As we all know, I am writing a book.
Speaker 2: You're writing a book.
Speaker 3: The book the title is TBC. It was announced as perfect Candidate. We have gone back and had a little think about that one, as per you do when you're in the early stages of writing a book. But the announcement needed to be announced, and I'm very excited because there was fanfare. So the book is about beauty in kind of a broad sense, and naturally I need to talk about nostalgia, given I allegedly really care about that stuff. According to you, Flexi, I can't get my brain out of two thousand and four, and honestly, there is some.
Speaker 1: Truth to the fact.
Speaker 3: Despite how much I try and become a modern woman, I am still eight years old. I needed to ask everybody, what are some tips that you learn when you were a kid that you still use. So the thing that I remembered most was I reckon. It was two thousand and five and I read that a celebrity puts her face cream on in upward sweeping motion because allegedly that's like how she doesn't have wrinkles.
Speaker 1: Oh, I believed it.
Speaker 3: Suddenly I'm freaking out at eight years old or how her old. I was being like, oh my god, like I didn't moisturize because the kids even put moisturizer on.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you mickey not till like I reckon like fourteen? Yeah, legit, Yeah, I think I was ahead of the curb. No one neflex looks like a baby. We really fludged it up.
Speaker 3: Same thinking, oh my god all the times, like Mum puts sounds crewen on my face. She was just dragging it around like who caress? She said, you are now I'm haggard twenty eight going on forty five. Tell me why When I was eighteen everyone thought I was thirty the club despite having braces.
Speaker 1: They said that papery, thin skin.
Speaker 3: Nothing's going on, siss all right, So I want to know what you to learn when your kid you still do They could be real, but like most of these are fake. Here's some suggestions. Lemon water, A lot of you girls still doing that. That's a contentious one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not the kid dentist.
Speaker 2: I say, it's really bad for your tea.
Speaker 1: It rose at your enamel, so real, especially when it's warm. Guys.
Speaker 2: That makes it worse, worse when it's warm.
Speaker 1: But don't worry. I'll go into it in my book which is later to come.
Speaker 2: Out this research. So if you feel attacked, just so that there's research coming to back this.
Speaker 1: Hopefully I haven't found it out yet. I am talking to experts.
Speaker 3: Someone said, I still have spoons in the frazer to get rid of puffy eyes. I did this for zero reason when I was ten. Wow, I can kind of see the vision there. Don't use your pointer finger to put on cream because it's skin. Skin is too sensitive and that finger is too rough.
Speaker 2: Oh you use your ring finger?
Speaker 1: Yeah you've heard of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard it for people who apply makeup with their fingers are not brushes. That if you're going to do that, you should be using a ring finger and do tapping motions. But I mean we're here now.
Speaker 1: Also, I cream like it's not real. Yeah yeah, I think. I think I actually because I still a beauty podcast. The experts were saying it's real, it's real. Yeah, yeah, the experts selling your product.
Speaker 3: Mickey, are you talking to certified ptologist?
Speaker 1: So he Foster Blake thinks it's real? Tell me why when I went to a dermatologist. You know the only product you recommended.
Speaker 2: Anza said of Field, Babe.
Speaker 1: Oh really yeah, my dorm do you? Okay?
Speaker 3: Well I'm going back next month because my psoriasis. Okay, so I'll get the tea from you again. What brand are we doing these days?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 1: Rinse your hair with cold water so the follicle closest. I gotta google that one.
Speaker 2: That one's true. It works the same for face as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also people saying that crossing your legs will give you varicose veins. That one was held over me quite tightly as a child.
Speaker 2: When you say people said, was it like media you were consuming, or like the women in your life affirming this to you?
Speaker 3: I think it's from a whole bunch of different angles that I couldn't pinpoint where. Like I couldn't pinpoint where that like moisturizer. One was from push ups to make your boobs perky. I think that's real.
Speaker 2: If one can hold their boobs up to make them less saggy, why could I not hold my skin up?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: When you push up and you grow the muscle there, yeah, yeah, yeah, push up.
Speaker 2: I was thinking push up, bra, I was like crazy.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll leave you one final one hemorrhoid cream for.
Speaker 1: The ice dark circles that works allegedly.
Speaker 2: All right, We're going to have the best time with this book.
Speaker 1: Literally, I'm already having so much fun.
Speaker 3: I've written talks about a few of these, like written my initial thoughts, and it's giving humor and comedy.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Beauty Place Ebo is real, though, as real as anything else, like the just the act of doing it. And also one action will cause another action. So let's say you're doing some kind of facial massage with the intent to look slimmer and be slimmer. I don't doubt that you'd make other adjustments in your life to accommodate for that. Or if you truly believed that using a ring finger to tap in concealer would be better for your eyes, I'm sure you make other adjustments and be gentler with your skin.
Speaker 3: I don't actually agree, babe, And I also reckon the thing that I'm really conscious of with this book is that like there's a time and a place to treat yourself, and I think they're so like it's so fun to like buy little creams and stuff for me. The point that I'm trying to make, or the point that I want to make is like this idea that we're sold it like it's going to fix a problem that it can't fix.
Speaker 2: But is the idea that it's going to fix something or it's just because I feel like also in the one thing that all of this is missing is like audience responsibility to be literate. So like this whole idea that you can close pause, no one's ever said that. It's like it can give the appearance of minimized pause because you interpret it a different way and thus assumed it would do a different thing. Of course it's aerceptive advertising, but language matters, and so I think you can get to a point where you're like, they did this thing, they did this thing, But all of these beauty people have to go through really like rigorous processes to make sure the claims that they are making can be made.
Speaker 3: I also want to make the point that like when you really want to fix something, you're gonna do whatever to do it. Like that's story of my life. Like if I have acne, I went through to try and fix it, like I do anything to fix it. So I don't want to diminish this idea that someone has something that they want to fix. They're going to try everything, They're gonna spend thousands of dollars because I get it.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited for where you end up at the end of the book, Like are we calling why why a book? Call it a book? Makes it so like fiction? But where you end up, you know what you actually learn about the industry because I feel like what we can get to in these discussions is that the same things that we are complicit in are the same things that we're critiquing. And that's a skill to be able to do that. But then what happens, like you said, you want to shame a bunch of people and then be at the same spot and be like, oh, I do what you do.
Speaker 1: Literally for real.
Speaker 3: I really want to come at it from a compassion angle, but just because I just find it interesting learning about this stuff.
Speaker 1: I am the problem and the solution anyway.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to ask you, guys, because we run out of time, but books coming out late twenty twenty four, and I'm telling you, guys, I'm a lot more I make a lot more sense when I write.
Speaker 1: It's what I'm good at.
Speaker 2: Freeman is a great writer.
Speaker 3: Thanks Queen, you've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast. For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.