Speaker 1: All right, So the news came out last week Rainbow Bay Snapper Rocks.
Speaker 2: They're looking at redeveloping.
Speaker 1: In fact, they're looking at pretty much relocating it. Sixty three years that Serf Club has been there. Yeah, and Mick Fanning's already sat in the ring today saying no, just no, losing all the car parks, losing the views. How long it will actually take to redevelop that area, also changing Snapper Rocks as well.
Speaker 2: And that's down your neck of the woods.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've been there quite a few times, Mike and Malders. He's got a few mates that work there. It's a great little place and it's the atmosphere. You go in there on a busy Saturday or Sunday, I have a table. The food is just great, and like you said, the views are amazing and the atmosphere and everything is just fantastic.
Speaker 1: I mean, being as old as you are, you would understand at sixty three there needs to be a little bit of jouging going on, like a bit of reno, you know, like what we need to do with you, a bit of redoing around the edges.
Speaker 2: You need all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: I think I think you need to keep up to date with things. But we were just discussing this affair on the Gold Coast. What we seem to do is just rip down anything that has a history, so it looks like the Gold Coast has no history. Everything doesn't need to be bright and sparkly and everything else. There is beautiful history on the Gold Coast. Sixty three years for a place. I mean, you would understand how good that it's to still be standing. So it is actually quite good. It's quite a feat really for many people. But I mean, I just think there's so many places in the Gold Coast that and Kristin was talking about this off air as well, the Pink Poodle, the Ice Place down in Miami, different places, Magic Mountain, all those places that they were here for so many years and then they've just disappeared.
Speaker 3: And then if you do all those refurbishments they want to do down there, will it lose the vibe or will it be more expensive?
Speaker 2: Will it's well there be in Akpa.
Speaker 3: Living into a different crowd because the people that you see there are people that have been going there since they were doing nippers, yeah, like with their parents. So there's a bit of history there and if you change all that up, will that change the.
Speaker 2: The clientele that go in there with different kind of people the are in there?
Speaker 1: All right, we want to know what do you think about the proposed redevelopment, relocating, knocking down of the Rainbow Bay.
Speaker 2: Surf Club and also Snapper Rocks as well.
Speaker 1: Mick Fanning says no, I think he's spoken down with Mick like I stand with Cunning. So yes, we would love to know what you think. I mean, we're getting a fairly resounding no. There are some people they're saying it's time to change. You know, it happened in Burley they updated that surf club and that sort of brought in new clientel. But Gail from Tweter's what do you think?
Speaker 4: Don't you dare touch it?
Speaker 2: I'm not doing a thing mate.
Speaker 4: I am a third generation local. My husband has patrolled Roambo Bay for forty years. He's a life member at the Surf Club. The thing that people don't know the Surf Club ha actually put in several other plans and for some bizarre reason, they've never gone through. So yes, and it hasn't just been one or two plans over the last you know, four decades. Anyway, so I've actually asked the questions of counselors. I've also asked the question of the town planner that was there with their pop up tent about the parking. Both of them gave me two separate answers. So, yeah, the big thing is where the patrolling members parks little alone the general public. Emergency access is horrendous. My husband's also in emergency services. You know, we've had several instances down there around it, Froggy, So imagine getting an ambulance over a footpath with toddlers running on the Grassmerca. Yeah. So, and financially too. Neither one of them could answer either was who maintains the bar and the restaurant licenses because all of that money goes into surflight saving. So as Tom Tay going to get another pretty little restaurant at the top of the hill Rainbow, And you're right, Trev, you know what sort of people are going to go there then? And we're going to have another siblings crowd. And I love siblings. I'm not sagging, but it's not the vibe. It's the first club. It's a little treasure.
Speaker 3: Yeah. When they you're talking about they wanted to do refurbishments before, but nothing was done. What was What do they want done?
Speaker 4: They gal, well, basically fixing it up, you know, like rain, that's it. Yeah, not ripping it down. It was just yeah, she needs a bit of a nip and tuck, and it really does.
Speaker 2: I'm hearing a gail, you've been tucking overhaul.
Speaker 4: Very good points, big for the driver.