Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Komboo Marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Conquer Podcast. This is the podcast where we ch have mindset, self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development. No matter where you are in your journey, We're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness. If you're ready to get into the driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life pass you by, then you're in the right place. Hello everybody, and welcome back to the podcast. Today we have an episode with Cooper Stevenson, my brother and co founder of Naked Harvest Supplements, and we are chatting about the importance of investing in yourself and how we have invested in ourselves over the years. If you are someone who has big dreams and you have been trying to decide whether you should book that retreat, do that course, hire that coach, you will love this episode. We take you through the exact process we use when you make these sorts of decisions, and we've made a lot of them. And in case you missed it, guys, we have just had the most exciting week here at RNC because last Tuesday we dropped in private episode for you guys saying how we are launching an app, so we're so excited. So if you didn't listen to it, bloody go back there, because that's very the big one, a big one, very important news. But it's called Rise and it's going to be available to download and subscribe on Ironc's fifth birthday, which is the eighth of feb Guys, I literally can't believe IRONC is five years old. I know, it's crazy, my swill baby five years old. Honestly, it feels like dent. No, it's it's so bloody exciting. So we're gonna pop a link in the show notes you can check it all out if you want to find more information. But basically, the app is all about being. It's gonna be your bloody mindset bestie in your pocket. So it's giving you the tools and resources so every single day you can tap into your highest self, you know, feel solid in yourself and do anything that you need to do to be the person that you need to be. Because we know it doesn't just happen with one course, one coaching session. It's consistency. Just like you would when you go to gym. You know, one class isn't going to change your life. You have to consistently show up. And that's the same concept with RISE. So yeah, we're so excited to Rise with you soon.
Speaker 2: I know, I have a downloaded on my phone and it's so surreal. Every time I look at it, I'm like, that's our app.
Speaker 1: It's an app. I know, I see it. I'm like, who's that bloody professional at there? I know it's very exciting. But before we get into the show, a tear a weekly recommendation.
Speaker 2: It's been a while since we've done REX, so I have two Yes. Number one is it's almost February, so do your monthly audit if you've done it for your future self, the workbook, get on that smart. Yes, I started that on the weekend, but I do have a little bit to finish off. And then my second recommendation is a book cool tell Us more a Cord of Thorns and Roses.
Speaker 1: Oh, you guys have missed so much. So George's actually become a full time reader. She has. It's scary. It's actually scary how many books I've read over the hol days.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: I think I'm up to ten books now. I read two on the weekend, two books I read one per day. Fantasy. No, okay, that's I'm back to the real world. Oh okay, so guys, my my rex. I obviously we've already spoke about four Wing and Iron Flame. Been there, done that, love it. Obsessed, we can't wait for the next book. I've done the whole series of.
Speaker 2: Akata, which I've only done a book of.
Speaker 1: I'm honestly so disappointed. I'm obsessed with being in like a book world. I love it, and I've never been like I haven't been on social media because you're just so consumed. As soon as Ivy goes to bed, I'm like, see Tim, I'm bed reading and I just yeah, I'm obsessed, guys. I'm actually I'm a book where I love that. So it's gonna be like last year where all we would recommend the same thing, and now this year it's gonna be all we recommend to books. Except all right, Cooper, let's get into investing in ourselves. First of all, welcome to the body. Thanks Jordan, thanks for being here. How was your yoga this morning?
Speaker 4: It was pretty hard. Actually I only had a few hours sleep, so very tough.
Speaker 1: I'm also a little bit daisly, so excuse that you was like, why don't you go and blow your nose? And I'm like, I have a hundred times. It's really not that simple, Like shut up, all right, Coop. So today we are chatting about investing in ourselves, and this is because we do every single year and activation called the New Beginnings Grant where for a month, if you shop through Naked harvests, for every fifty dollars you spend, you gain a ticket entry into the grant where you can win ten thousand dollars to spend on your New beginnings. And this is something that we did. We started two years ago and we just wanted to give back to our end hate community because we know, like ten thousand dollars is life changing and we are absolutely doing it again this year from Feb first to the end of feb Actually I think it's the twenty nine check the details, don't quote me, And basically we have decided to rebrand it and it is now called the Future You Fund, exact same concept, but we wanted to call it the Future You Fund because me and Cooper something that we have consistently done is invest in our future self and this is something that we did not grow up, our parents did, all the people around us do, and it's something that for example, I've seen Cooper really do in the last couple of years, and I've just seen such a difference in you as a human and your evolution and who you have become. And you know much myself of how I've invested in myself from way back in the day, from the very first time I spent fifty thousand dollars on a coach because I just believed in my visions so much and I remember being like so shit scared and so like, holy shite was Now if I could go back, of course, I would do it because it's got me to who I am today. But it's not normalized to spend money on yourself unless it's in like a very conventional way like a degree or tafe or like schooling or whatnot. So today we're doing an episode all about what investing in yourself means, how Me Cooper do it, how it's changed our lives, and just giving you guys some insight. Yeah, definitely, why don't we get straight into it, Cooper and just tat to us about like, let's just go back and forth about how we invest in ourselves can be like from really small to really big.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the smaller things I have always done, Jim, I've always wanted to do other stuff, but I've always been drawn to the gym and just wanting to be fit. When I was younger, it was more muscle, but now it's yeah, just to be fit and healthy. So I go to gym three times a week, and then yeah, the next thing is yoga.
Speaker 3: Big from yoga and.
Speaker 1: Just going back to the gym thing. You Know, what I think is interesting is I had almost a block because I also had a PET last year, and I had a bit of a block between getting a PTE because I was like, oh, but this class is that, you know, a cheaper Why would I get a PT. Did you ever have that.
Speaker 4: Definitely, back in the day I used to do the classes, I did prefer them because I just never trusted a PT and it was just too I didn't really want to be with someone and talk to them the whole time. Like you're a big group, you're with everyone, and it's more of a team thing. So it was just a lot more fun. But my PT that I've got now, Wade, he's the owner of the gym and he's a fitness scientist. So when I first it was really cool to get in with him because he's so busy, but I found that he looked at my body and my posture, and then we did the workouts and we always did stretches to stretch out certain muscles, and every every session we did was always different because you kind of always I've been to other pets and they do the same thing. Monday, you do back and buyers and stuff like that. But we just did so much different stuff because my body changed each day, so that I was just really lucky that I stumbled across that.
Speaker 1: But that's something you think, it's definitely worth it because it's so specific to you.
Speaker 3: Yes, very tailor made to my body. And what it needs. Like I was very arched over because.
Speaker 1: And stuff don't didn't.
Speaker 4: You, Yeah, back and neck pain. So he's strengthened my back and my neck and my lower back and then did chest and now I'm just like proportioned as I stand up. Yeah, it was really weird my chest. I used to have a big chest, but then I did that and it was like, oh, it's not big anymore because I'd straightened my posture. And then and then I was kind of like sticking my got at because of my lower back. And then I was like I just look like I'm really bloated, and he's like, it's just your posture. We'll fix that up. And then like brought my stomach in stronger, and then it was just all in life, continuous yeah, continuous line. So I was like, all right, I'll.
Speaker 3: Stay with it.
Speaker 1: All right, you got me at posture.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's been that's been massive to invest like that, Like I wouldn't change that.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 3: So that's the gym yoga.
Speaker 4: Yoga just opens up my whole body and I'm so much more flexible, so much my core strengths way stronger, and it's challenging and Georgia said discipline as well, and it's hot yoga.
Speaker 1: So I've done yoga classes where it's like more relaxing and calm. Whar as I found this year got to be it's very about like the poses and you get in the pose and you hold it and it feels like a discipline like it it feels really good.
Speaker 4: It just feels it's hard. It's hard, you're sweating. It's forty one or three degrees, like you're in a sauana. Yeah, what are your little things doing?
Speaker 1: So very similar, Jim, I'm like, I'm a bit of a bit of a workout slot right now. Sorry that language just in the way of I haven't been consistent with tears. I just haven't been consistent. I have been loving doing different things. So first of all, I got into pilates last year because I needed to like really calm my nervous system, and I was consistent with pilates. But I have noticed myself and obviously we did the twenty day challenge with Hustle and that was incredible, But I have noticed myself just like wanting to try different things. So it's like I've been doing like a strength session at a local gym that Tim goes through and really enjoys, and I'll just do like one of those, and then I might do like an at home pilates workout on the Tuesday because Tim goes to gym, so I've got to be at home and I just do it through the Hustle app And then on a Wednesday, I might do like a reformer class and I just book in because I just bought like ten classes. And then Thursday I might do a bit of yoga, and then on Friday I might just go for a walk or like a run. And I.
Speaker 3: Know, so all over the place. You're very normally.
Speaker 1: Usually I'm so routine, But Cooper my word for twenty twenty four is like pleasure. So it's like what, oh, yeah, what is going to bring me pleasure? And it's not just one thing right now. It's like dancing between all these and it's like literally the night before, I'm like what do I feel like doing? Sometimes it does bite me in the ass because some things are like already booked out, But I'm really leaning into this stage with my workouts to like what would feel good of my body tomorrow. And that's been really Yeah, that's been really serving me, and it's like I might go back into more consistency. But I really wanted to say this to you guys, because I've seen so much content on social media right now that is all about this like consistency and discipline and like you have to do it this way in order to you know, hit your new year goals, and I just don't agree with it. I think there's absolutely seasons where consistency is what you need. But if you're in a different season like me, where it's like, oh, I just want to try different things and I want the movement to feel good, and that's what's going to serve me right now. Is like leaning into what feels good. It's okay to look different.
Speaker 4: I would say, and I would challenge that, but you said you're not consistent, but you're very much consistent because you look back from that and at a higher level and you're consistently wanting to listen to your body, feel happy and do it for yourself, and that's consistency. You're just doing it in a different way that you're not used to. Consistency might be in in people's head that I've got to do this and I've got to do that. Because that's this is how I'm going to get to my goal. But like the more higher level of that is I'm just going to be consistently sure love my body and happiness, Like that's the biggest like all this investment of what.
Speaker 1: We're doing, that's the point of it is.
Speaker 4: To be happy every day, and then that's a big thing a lot of people, Well.
Speaker 1: That's so true. I guess I am being very consistent because it's like a consistency to my pleasure to myself to that kind of like what would feel good rather than I have to do this workout because I paid for this membership or I had to do this thing, and yeah, it just feels really good at the moment to lean into that because it is very different, you know, I'm usually the opposite. Yeah, so that's kind of like my current workouts. On top of that, I'm huge on acupuncture. I started acupuncture when me and Tim were trying to conceive IVY, and it's all about like realigning your pathways and your energies and your hormones. And I just keep going back to it over the years, and I've been getting it consistently for maybe the last six months and not only is the appointment beautiful, because it's like you've just got to sit there needles inside you and you can't move, and so you have to be present and it's almost like in a meditative state. But I think there's also this like power to I'm here for myself, for my future self, and that always just feels really good. And so acupuncha has always been something I go back to.
Speaker 3: I get a massage every week.
Speaker 1: Love massages.
Speaker 3: Yeah, acupuncha.
Speaker 1: Have you tried it?
Speaker 3: I've tried it. Just don't feel indifferent.
Speaker 1: I'm also big on massages. One of my love languages is touch. Wa'ts your love language very similar and I reckon yours would also be quality time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like now having more of awareness, I've got a lot of love languages, all them. Yeah, like kind of love, skifts, love touch. Yeah, I don't know, just because you like, why not have all? Why do you have to have one?
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's just more what you vibe with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, so we both get massages. That is a huge one. Something I also want to get back into is hydro facials because that was something I was really in my glowy skin era last year, and I feel like being consistent. I only I get them done like every six to eight weeks. Oh and you know what else, I know, we're like focusing more in health. I was thinking about this the other day. Two appointments that are like high maintenance appointments that help me be low maintenance is getting my eyebrows and lashes done, Like.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, me too.
Speaker 1: Shut the fuck. But as a girl, I you know, I love not wearing makeup, and I will just use my summer skin glow drops. I'll have my eyebrows already done, my lash is tinted, I'll put a bit of lippy stuff on, and I'm like, good to go, and I feel presentable and I feel good. And that's just like an appointment that I'm like, oh this, this is something that I invest in to feel really good. I think those are.
Speaker 3: Use code Georgie. I couldn't.
Speaker 1: No, I use I say, don't, actually you don't put some skin in oil.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have that every night.
Speaker 1: Don't actually you don't put the tear drops on your face.
Speaker 4: I did that once and then every once everyone called me out and I'm like, no, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 5: Everyone goes why is your face so And you're like, it actually did match your body, but I think it's just because we weren't used to it and it was so glowy, and everyone was like, why is your skin so glowy?
Speaker 4: Right now, it's investment that as I about a year ago, I stopped drinking and I started going on a real health kick, and that was a huge investment on myself because before that I was very pale and just not like that was one thing. Yeah, I didn't look just looked, yeah, just not healthy, I guess in my eyes and my skin was very white, and I just didn't I just looked tired. And since stopping alcohol, I yeah, I think I did say it on a podcast, but I started getting tan, and then when I started eating healthier, I got more tan. And then now like, yeah, I'm in the shower just with the ash. She's just like why so tan all the time, like she's just so used to me being wider and I.
Speaker 3: Just feel healthier, Like yeah, well.
Speaker 1: It's not really. I wouldn't actually call you ten, but it's like vibrancy. It's like you've got vibrancy back in your skin and body.
Speaker 4: That's because you're very but like for me, I'm like stoked because I'm investing in myself, in my health, in my body, because.
Speaker 3: You are what you eat. The Netflix thing I haven't watched.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I loved the drinking one. That is such a good I'm gonna get like a bit left field here. You know what has really helped like future me is really being conscious where and who I spend my time with. So it kind of happened once I had IVY and I just realized how much limited time I have. But a huge thing is like being conscious of like, oh my god, where am I spending my time and energy? Because I have got limited And when you think about it, like who you surround yourself with is the what's that saying of? Like the five people you surround yourself is like the average of like who you are. And so really being conscious about like investing in future you is actually being like where am I spending my time?
Speaker 4: You I've seen something online and it's show me your five friends and I'll show you your future.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's stuck in my head. So you look at them and what they're doing. Because everything's energy energy, So if you're around energy that's not going in the way you want to go.
Speaker 3: It's maybe time to.
Speaker 1: Leave that energy and you go in nowhere fast.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And so that's a huge, huge one because it's influenced, like yeah, massive influence.
Speaker 1: Hugely runs off. All right, sorry, going back to investments because I went off. Let's talk about like the bigger investments we have made in our future selves. I said this at the start that one of my first big investments was I got like a life coach and well she was like live slash business. But again, it was at a time where I had just quit my corporate job and I really wanted to make this other thing work. And this was before Naked Harvest, before rn C, and I was like, well, I need some guidance, I need someone who has done the thing. Let me get help from someone who has done the thing. And it was a lot of money, and I remember being really shit scared and remember what I told you. You're like, what the fuck?
Speaker 4: But I remember you're telling me, and I was like, yeah, do it, go girl, go and do it, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're very snot of and I yeah, I invested in my future self. And obviously then after that RNC came and h and that was like one of the best investments. And I'm so proud of myself because especially back then, like I know, the coaching world is a bit more prominent now, but it was not normal to spend that much money on a life coach or a business coach. And I did it, and it was literally the best thing I have done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like on that note, like fifty k was a lot for you, Like it was massive. But if there's someone that just fifty k is too much out of your just can't fathom it, Like do five grand, like or a couple grand whatever you think that is above what you're thinking. Because when you invest a lot of money, it kind of it turns in your brain that you have to make it work. And you just think, if I'm going to do this investment, it just has to work. There's no failure like this, like it just has to do.
Speaker 3: Other words, you.
Speaker 1: Just it ignites something in you. Yeah, we're like I am going to make this worth it, yes, and that like the actual price of it one hundred percent. You have to like live within your means and understand what is available to you. But one hundredcent Cooper, it's like it's almost that stretch of extra, st that little And this is something we consistently do where me and Cooper will absolutely take a risk that feels a little bit out of touch or like or a lot out of touch, and it pushes us and it drives us. And also I feel like you thrive off doing things that other people think you can't do.
Speaker 3: Oh I love it.
Speaker 4: I love people to say, yeah, you can't do that. I talked to my dad last night and it's about a holiday, and you just said, how the hell can you spend that money?
Speaker 3: And I was like, yes, you're a sicker. I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to do it just to really fuck with them.
Speaker 4: But that's the thing, Like money is money, Like it's just the thing when we are here for experiences, we're here to learn and those things you hold on. So like if you didn't want to do the five grand coach or something because you wanted to keep the five grand, Like, are you going to remember the coach or are you going to remember saving five grand? Like You're not going to remember that. You're going to remember the experience, the experience and what you got out of it, and you're going to hold that forever and then.
Speaker 1: That's so true.
Speaker 3: Love such a money block.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and should we absolutely do a whole episode of money.
Speaker 3: She should do more?
Speaker 1: Should we do a.
Speaker 3: Course might be controversial?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I love that and that and that's absolutely what we want to normalize in this episode of like investing in yourself, you are always going to be your best investment. Growing up personally, like with me and Cooper, I remember it was like if you're going to invest its property or It's like I remember growing up and like my whole goal in life was like do my degree, get a job, buy a house, get married, And I absolutely did all those things to the fucking tea. But now that I have like the other knowledge, I'm like, no life is about So it's I really like to like think of it a different way of like I am my best investment. When I went and spent that money on a life and business coach, again, it was like that feeling of like if anyone's gonna make it happen, I'm gonna make it happen because I know myself and that was such that changed me, changed my brain chemistry as a person, and it and I think even it's like those small things. It's like the yoga and the acupuncture and like those little things of investing in yourself and the PT and mindset coach and my body coach and all those things.
Speaker 3: It's studying courses like all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you want to chat about what you're studying this year because that's a huge investment in yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's I'm investing in doing my NLP course. So that's neuro linguistic programming, and it's yeah, to become a therapist, which I'm very unsure right now, just my confidence in that.
Speaker 3: I'm just not ready.
Speaker 4: But I'm gaining a lot of knowledge with the mind and how we think and using all of our senses and how we yeah, and that sort of thing and potentially yeah, go into more the trauma side, which we'll get on that later. But yeah, so that's a pretty good investment huge myself.
Speaker 1: And even that's even like I think about my law degree and that was a huge investment that I'm not currently utilizing, but it gave me so many skills and it gave me so much life knowledge. It's like the life and Business coach, like I probably don't use the exact knowledge that she gave me when you know, we did that container. But I have so much life knowledge and like lessons and like moments from that that I can now implement in what I do now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hugely.
Speaker 4: I think that's why that's a big part why you're so successful as well. Like it's definitely given you a lot of discipline and like doing all this studying and I've been talking to you that you're up studying every freaking day and I was just plumbing.
Speaker 1: But fun times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's given a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it's never a waste even if you don't go and then live out the thing. What other investments do you invest in for yourself?
Speaker 4: Well, my biggest one that I've done is investing into his call a Mind Body Coach, and he deals with he does trauma therapy and toxins and toxin yeah, but he also does like your body and because he's a natural path as well and nutritionists and he's just got a lot of licenses and he has definitely changed my life. And it's been a wild ride for sure, dealing with like I didn't even know what trauma was. I just thought trauma was a pretty bad word, and it wasn't used at all. But what I've gained is that everyone has trauma, and it's people's traumas are different levels in everyone's head and different, but everyone has the same sort of level of trauma that we carry on that and aren't benefiting.
Speaker 1: Now you're kind of talking about it doesn't have to be like, it doesn't have to be big tig trauma, like you see a parent die, like something horrific. It can just be trauma in the way of like maybe you're trying to get your parents' attention and they didn't give you what you needed in that moment, and then your body stores that as like rejection or not being seen, and it's something that gets stored in your body that you then react in a certain way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just a big thing. When you're a child, we always put it in ourselves, and we blame ourselves because we don't have the knowledge to not like we just naturally have it into ourselves. We put it on our shoulders and then it's stored for a long time, and that's that's the trauma that kind of follows on as an adult. So doing that and life changing that was just Yeah, it's like I was thinking about it like to go with him, which does your self, It does your inner self because there's a lot of coaches business coaches, and there's all sorts of coaches that do the outside stuff. But if you invest into a coach in yourself, everything around you starts getting better, business, makes your relationship.
Speaker 1: It all starts with you.
Speaker 3: It all starts with you.
Speaker 4: So I like learned that the hard way because I've done other stuff and but yeah, that one has just flipped me upside down. Like the knowledge I've gained from that, and I'm able to talk a lot easier and better with everything that I do now. And it's it is from.
Speaker 1: You're a completely different person. Yeah, absolutely changed your life. But also like the investment of you taking because sometimes your sessions like four hours long, are they? Yeah, so you're you're you investing that sort of time out of your week is so huge and a lot of people like aren't prepared to do it or feel like they can't do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because that's the funny part which a lot of people don't understand what it can give you.
Speaker 1: But like, well it's not normalized, is that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not, Well, no one knows about it. We didn't know about this stuff. We didn't know have this knowledge, And like I talked to our mom and dad, and I'm letting them know what I'm learning, and they're learning off what I've learned and changing their lives already, Like they've changed a lot since I've done it, and the people around me, and it's huge. But like we I was thinking that we invest so many other things external, like you said, the house and car and that sort of thing, and we were like put all of our money into something or maybe smaller like a car or even a holiday or something. When you can just sacrifice that one thing and invest in yourself and then from then on everything else is better, Like everything's like a domino happiness, and then you'll get those other things that you were gonna invest ten times tenfold on that. So I just I couldn't recommend enough to just invest yourself first and then do the rest later.
Speaker 3: Is that too too much?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, that's and then just do the rest after. No, but one hundred, it's not normalized to look at the internal things first and to focus on your internal things first. It's normalized to do the external things, to buy the house, to invest in those like the recognized education, because in society, that's what we're told you need to be successful. But it's like if you.
Speaker 4: Get the car, you get this status, and then when you get the house, you get this, and then you get whenever you.
Speaker 1: Read security, I don't feel different.
Speaker 3: I feel worse because I've got a bloody mortgage for the Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think that's like the biggest thing we want to want to push in this episode is just like realizing that when you invest in yourself, in the eternal in you, yeah, the return is tenfold. And I think also there's so much to be said about how starting with you, like you just said, Cooper, is such a catalyst for other things falling into place. Because when you're happy with you, when you're solid with who you are, when you feel good in your body, in your mind, everything else feels better. Yeah, Like everything else falls into place. And again, it's just not normalized to do it that way.
Speaker 4: No, definitely not. And it's a shame, Like it is a shame. It's a shame that our society.
Speaker 1: Yeah, doesn't prioritize it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And because I have worked with the same or I'm still currently working with the same coach that Cooper has and absolutely life changing and also I have also I remember, I want to say, three years ago, I started seeing like a psychologist and even that I remember, you know, she was, you know, two hundred bucks an hour or something like that, and that was a stretch for me at that time financially. But I remember being like, it's not a nice place in my head, and I need to make it a nice place because I just I knew, like everything else would you know, like you said, fall into place. But that was also a huge thing because it's not normalized to see a psychologist unless you're like actually having a mental breakdown or like that's how it was in our childhood. And it's so even things like that that I've done on my journey that I'm like, I I am so grateful for investing in myself and taking that seriously. And that absolutely served me at the time, even though you know, now I'm doing something different, I'm seeing someone different. It's about understanding. It's like what do I need right now and how could I invest in myself for future me who's like six or twelve months down the track.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good point that there's so many different therapists there's so many different therapists in the world, so trial it. If you go to one and it's just not working, get out, like, yeah, there's so.
Speaker 1: Many, don't don't then go oh, well all this boody mental health thing that don't work.
Speaker 4: Don't don't give up because I did do that and I even want your therapist.
Speaker 3: And it was the worst except in my life.
Speaker 4: But I didn't like it, but I gave up and I just thought, nah, I can fix it in myself, and then a couple of years down the track, not fix it help because when we have triggers that we have and things that come up, it is near impossible to fix them on your own. And that's very annoying, like you can try and help it, but deep down it's just it's too hard to get rid of.
Speaker 1: But well, I think it's even not like I was just gonna say. That's also another thing that I've noticed in our evolution is like normalize getting support and help, Whereas growing up it felt like I couldn't do that unless I was like at breaking point, Like I shouldn't get a pet because I was like somewhat fit. I shouldn't see a psychologist because I wasn't having a mental breakdown, Like it was almost like I needed to be on the extremes to feel worthy to invest in myself, whereas now, you know, at a period where I'm like, no, I'm going to invest that. It's actually like something I did the other day is I've been to a couple of events and I met this really beautiful lady who she caters and she does like the catering for the events, and she's so she lives in Biobay. She's like so wholesome and she does like all whole foods. She gets all her food from the markets. She preps everything fresh and it's all made like with very simple like the salads are just like olive oil and vinegarette and herbs and anyway, we got her over to meal prep us for the week, and again that absolutely is an expense, where like if I told mom and dad they would be like, what the fuck go and just meal prep yourself for you know whatnot Like that's from my childhood ingrained, and I had to like have a conversation with myself and be like, well, you do struggle with your time, Georgia, and this is a priority for you, and this is something that's really going to help you and your family. And it feels really good and it feels like the energy that I want to be in. And so I was like, no, this is an invest investment that I want to make for myself, even though it's like not how I thought I should be or you know in my Does that make sense?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it makes sense. Like that is hard probably to hear from other people because they probably can't do it, but doing it yourself and getting like that the meal preps and going to that investing in yourself with good nutrition, food, take the time and the journey you're on now, like you can do it and you shouldn't feel guilty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's for that's what comes in. It's guilt, yeah, of like I shouldn't be doing this and.
Speaker 3: That that can stem back from our parents.
Speaker 1: But just blame everything on your parents.
Speaker 3: That's what we do.
Speaker 1: But it's not absolutely take her to.
Speaker 4: It's in yourself. But it's okay, And yeah, but that's so good that you're able to do that, and like you might have a bit of guilt there, but you still did it.
Speaker 3: So it's not enough.
Speaker 4: And you've changed a lot since going to the mind, body coach, like you're a different person as well, So like you, I always tell you lately that you're just completely different and like consistently being happy and free flowing. It's like weird a mere but it's so nice to be around, and it's I'm getting such good energy from you, especially in business when shit does hit the fan and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, how are we going to do next month? And You're like, it's all good, It'll come to work, Universe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I'm like, lord, but then it does work, and then I've slowly like I am pretty good. But I think it's because you've always been that person. Now you're not. I have to take it on board. But then now I'm following in your footsteps of that's it all happened for us.
Speaker 1: That was the biggest thing that I worked on with my body coaches, like my need to control an outcome and to be that like driving factor in every single aspect of my life. And Goop is like it's absolutely backfired because now I'm like the chill One Naked Harvest is like it's just all gonna work out and it's gonna be perfect.
Speaker 4: It was like not that fucking card to take, but now it's like so much easier, Like why would you live your life worrying about something that hasn't happened, And like, that's what anxiety is. It's worrying about the future.
Speaker 1: And I was I was living in a state of anxiety like my whole life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and that's very common and to live. I have found this with a lot of people around me that were either living in the past or we're living in the future. Yeah, and it's not benefit you, and it is so hard. But if you can get to the point that you live in the present every day, happiness is right there. Because I always like worry about something in the future or the past, and I stop myself and I think, look where you are, Look what you're doing, Look who you are. It's pretty fucking awesome. And you just and then you kind of stay in the present and you're like and you get this wave of happiness and you're like, it's actually pretty good. You might just feel so much better.
Speaker 1: And even if like the present isn't that good, like maybe something is upp or whatever like that, it's still being like, but what can I do right now? Rather than being like, oh, well, this happened, and I feel like this or this could happen in the future.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can always if this bad happening in that moment, there's always good right there right next to you.
Speaker 3: You just got to look for it well.
Speaker 1: To finish coup. I think a good question is, you know, we're talking about investing in ourselves, and it is quite easy to you know, invest in We're not easy, but it is more normalized to invest in like a pt or acupuncture and those sorts of things. But when it does come to bigger investments, like something that is ten thousand dollars, which we're you know, giving away to our end h CO for February with the Future Youth Fund. But if someone is wanting to invest ten thousand dollars in something like that's a huge amount of money, especially if it's not normalized maybe they grew up similar to us. Would you have any tips of like what to do in that scenario when they are feeling like the guilt or like I shouldn't do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's hard because it'd be pretty normal. I would imagine that you just put on your house or even go on a holiday or something along those lines.
Speaker 1: But it's think it's you getting clear on what the priority is for you. And like you know, my favorite saying is like, if you want different, you have to move different. So if you want a different reality, if you want something different, you absolutely have to do something different. And we don't have the we don't always have the tools to do something different. And that's why we invest in something external that is for us internally, that is going to help us with the different. And I think when you think of it that way of like, well, I've absolutely done the best that I can with what I have and this is my reality. This is like currently what my life is, and that's amazing, but I do want different, so I've got to do something different. And I think, like you said, this life, it's like we're here to have experiences, we're here to grow, we're here to evolve and get out of our comfort zones.
Speaker 4: So like when we're nervous or something comes up and you're like, oh, it's kind of telling you not to do it. Like being nervous is awesome, it's so being uncomfortable, Yeah, uncomfortable, Like that's.
Speaker 3: When the magic happens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you should lean in on it and not go back inside and not do it because your experiences, learning and doing more for yourself and don't have that guilt that you shouldn't do it for yourself of like who am I to do it?
Speaker 3: I'm not that person.
Speaker 4: And that's the thing that I've noticed as well, that everyone has a personality of like that's just who I am, Like it isn't.
Speaker 1: Literally be whoever the fuck you want.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, and you can go and do it, Like you can change your personality and be the person who you want to be.
Speaker 1: And the difference between you and the person you want to be is they just have a different set of beliefs, emotions, and tools. So if you want to be that different person, go and invest in what you need to invest to be that different person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just tell yourself, like the best version of myself, what would they do?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because I do that daily.
Speaker 4: I have my values that I stick to and any decision I make or anything I do in my life has to go in line with those values, and if they don't, then it's just not right for me.
Speaker 1: And that's also another thing, is like get clear on what your priorities are, because if your priorities are is I want something different? I want this reality that's over here, all this thing that's over here and you don't know how to get there, then it's obviously a priority to invest in yourself to get there and like being clear in that. But guys, that was just a long, long rant meaning Cooper going on about how we invested ourselves.
Speaker 3: I think that was very powerful.
Speaker 1: No, we appreciate it, We absolutely do.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I think it's it's good to have this conversation Cooper because, like we said, we didn't get this conversation growing up. It was not normalized for us, and we've had to like tread through a lot of interesting emotions and beliefs. So we think it's really important to put this information out there and talk about this concept because it's not often talked about. And also we are just so excited for one of our nh CO community members to get ten thousand dollars to invest in their future selves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's just going to be life changing.
Speaker 1: Literally life changing. So guys, if you do you want to go into the future, you fund or you have to do a shop through en h for the whole month of feb There will be t's and c's in the show notes. We'll put a link there and then you do have to register your interest, so you just go onto the landing page on the website, you put in your AUDER number. And also we would just love for you to just write a little brief explanation of like what you would invest your future, like what you would invest the future you fund in two for your future self. I just can't wait to hear all the answers.
Speaker 4: And because on that, like you might it might be a bit much for you to do it, but and a bit silly, but for you to actually go in there and just let go and see what you come up with and then read back on it, like you'll surprise yourself. Because I just kind of think that listening to that, I probably would be like ain doing that, but that might be me, But I just want to say that, just give it a chance, see what you come up with, and see what you write down, and you'll surprise yourself and what kind of comes up. And because yeah, I was the complete opposite.
Speaker 1: Yeah you did it in the day, prioritize yourself for but.
Speaker 4: Now since doing it, like I wish I did more of that stuff and I was let into that. But yeah, give it a go, and it'd be really powerful.
Speaker 1: So powerful all right, guys, thank you so much for listening. We love doing this episode. Come with the Facebook group and chat to us because we're going to put a thread in there because I'd love to know what you would invest in. And of course all links will be in the show notes. Cooper, thanks so much for joining me. Thanks, thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquered Podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Risinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Conquer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great