Speaker 1: iHeart podcasts. You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything good? Hey, this is.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast every single day for your holiday from Hell story, you win five hundred dollars and how money safe you win that? You could also be winning a ten thousand dollars holiday on Friday's show and incredible prize. Some emails for us all who we got here? Lorraine Christian. In August, my sister and I flew to Delhi to watch her twenty four year old son compete in the World Power Athletics Championships. Incredible six day trip that quickly became a saga. Just starre canceled our Melbourne Singapore flight, so we missed his first race. Oh that's awful. Our rescheduled flight the next day was today due to a loose seeding panel. Then again in Singapore, we circled for an hour in a storm, which meant we missed our connecting flight to Delhi. When we finally arrived in Delhi, our luggage did not make it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: The worst part my sister had written all her son's race times in the diary packed in her lost bag. When we checked online, we misread the schedule. Oh no, I thought the finals time was the qualifying race. When he realized our mistake when my son texted to say that he had made the final, Oh my work. It's actually just a sad story, sad case. It's just sad. This is not great radio. Deborah's got a better one, I hope.
Speaker 2: Deborah, Hi, Christian, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good. Welcome to the show, Deborah. So what is your holiday from Hell story? Your regretation?
Speaker 2: Well, when I was nineteen, I went overseas on my own and did a tour. When I got to the hotel in London, I found out that my roommate was a lot older than over fifties. Then I found out that I had the right room, but the tour people had booked been to and over fifty five to another undert dirties to us. Oh, I had all these elderly people. That was fine, that work. That did work out, okay, Christian, because I made a lovely friend out of my roommate. Bridge some word puzzles, yeah, crosswords all that. Yeah. But then when we got to Venice, it went pear shaped again because we were getting ready to go on to a gondola drive and all our luggych had to go. Can we go on with us? And then when they threw the luggage into the gondola, mine ended up in the Grand Canal luggage.
Speaker 1: It's a stinky as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, yep, yep. I had photos, all my clothes, everything, so needless to say, I had to then, you know, like try and retrieve whatever I could. But it was absolute chaos.
Speaker 1: So what did the gondola guy then jump in and get it?
Speaker 2: Well, no, I know he was there. He just stood there with his blank look on his face, going, oh what do I dote? Absolutely you broke fix it? Yep yep. So yeah, so that was my That was my trip and I really like sort of couldn't wait to get home there to tell everyone about it. Because back then it was snail mail, so you know, Mum and Dad had no idea what was going on with Doesn't that.
Speaker 1: Feel right now when you say that wasn't that long ago, Rudy, But that feels like a century ago? Well? Yeah, the postcards you would send a postcard? Does anyone send postcards anymore?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: You can send an immediate one in your phone photos and that I should love sending postcards. I should bring it back. Yes, yeah, well it's an incredible story. Your are today's winner. You win five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, thank you so much, Christian.
Speaker 1: That's all right. It's an incredible story or thanks to RACV travel and experiences at Debra. So you win, you five hundred dollars and that's yours. That's safe. You could also win a ten thousand dollars holiday this Friday on the show.
Speaker 2: Oh that would be great, Christian, that would be lovely. I'd go back to Rome again and do it all again. We might be over fifty five, so you'd be perfect for that. You actually I am over fifty five, so yeah, i'd be I'd be right to that tour. Now.
Speaker 1: Phew, that works out better than it could have done. Really, yeah? Should I am only thirty three? Just sound older? Hey, Deborah, congratulations. All right, thanks for calling so much. Christian measure take care, Bye bye bye. Christian O'Connell show on podcast