Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to the Driver's Show.
Speaker 2: We do have to apologize about the audio of the last episode.
Speaker 3: I'm really sorry about that.
Speaker 2: We were in transit and now today we are coming live from Paul's hometown village somewhere in Croatia.
Speaker 3: What is that lovely old nonna keep offering me borsch.
Speaker 1: That's served in a boot.
Speaker 2: No, thank you, I'm fine, No thank you. No, she's too young to marry. Yeah, come back in twelve months.
Speaker 1: This is lovely, This is love This is lovely.
Speaker 3: Where you grew up.
Speaker 1: I got to see the crate where you slept. How are you good?
Speaker 3: Are you? I'm glad, We're actually glad the audio quality is better.
Speaker 4: I was about to say I'm glad we're back in the same studio, but there believe it wouldn't be true.
Speaker 2: Come on, yeah, Look, it was a bit of a rusty old plane. We did share it with several livestock.
Speaker 1: There was a chicken next to me. At one point there was a cow.
Speaker 3: I thought live catileg sports were banned. That's not in this village.
Speaker 1: They'll take what they can get. Wow, but here we are. It's beautiful, the mountains, it's a beautiful hometown.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: Off clus hardly shoes, take your cardboard boxes off a little bath.
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 2: I weirdly we had a child's birthday party at the same time, our different children. Yes, and my kid had a fire truck at her party. Not planned, it was just there was a fire. Kids, several children died. But but do you know what the funny thing is? Like this, this fire truck pulls out the front and it's it's like a proper retired fire truck.
Speaker 1: It's a big thing.
Speaker 2: And these guys come out and they've got their suits and stuff. I know, I was funny. I was like, oh, the strippers of around kids. Anyway, the fire truck comes up and all the little kids they get to climb up and their seats up the top of it, and you know, they they get to sit up there.
Speaker 1: And we were supposed to have like.
Speaker 2: A drive around our neighborhood, right and then we get up there and I noticed there's a big stripper pole right in the middle o. This thing's used for hen's parties, and it was it was quite the experience to see my three year old daughter and all their little friends dancing around to hot potato around a striper pole. A bit of a look in on her future I'm getting.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that was.
Speaker 2: That's been me lately, apart from driving some pretty cool cars, which we'll talk about soon. Have you been give me an update on your life.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I had a kid's birthday party for our daughter. There was a dinosaur there.
Speaker 4: Oh not real, okay, as the kids soon discovered, they're all terrified of it.
Speaker 2: You are, we're talking car expert dollars. So it wouldn't surprise me if Paul was like.
Speaker 3: What a real dinosaur?
Speaker 2: You just chucked a big show biz tantrum, just went down to Jurassic Bark, put some pull on in the back of it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that was. That was good fun. Was it like an inflatable dinosaur thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it had like a it had like a little fan that would inflated. No, no, no, it was my brother in law. And then the batteries ran out, and all of a sudden, this dinosaur just started looking very depressing, and then the kids.
Speaker 3: Started screaming because I thought it was dying. And then he popped his head out and then they were all like, oh, thank god, it's not real. I'm like yeah anyway, yes, but also we've been very.
Speaker 4: Busy with work because we're planning another another mega suv test, including some off roading and towing and stuff, so we'll have more to speak about that in the coming weeks.
Speaker 3: Did you just do like the best ute?
Speaker 4: Yes, we just did Australia's most comprehensive ute tests. Now this will be Australia's most comprehensive four wheel drive suv tests.
Speaker 3: Oh, it should be good. What are you looking forward to putting in that thing? Just a bit of everything.
Speaker 4: So we've got twelve vehicles in total doing a stack of off roading, towing. It's the whole shebank.
Speaker 3: Putting it through a four wheel drive test. Yeah, pretty much, old chestnut. Wow.
Speaker 4: Hey, we've got some more feedback. By the way, cover that at the end of the show.
Speaker 1: That's not good or bad feedback.
Speaker 2: It was people outraged about putting your branded in some sort of disrepute. This is not what the Engineers Association is all about, Paul, or has that little boy called you, Pavelet? This is not what you signed when you fucking graduated from the Engineer's Institute of Australia. You have a brand to protect, you could bring the whole establishment down.
Speaker 1: Time for some more puerile humor coming up.
Speaker 2: Hey, Tesla really revealed this was the weirdest reveal ever, such a tease. But the thing is, there was a tease of what I thought initially was going to be their new Model three, because what I saw initially was the silhouette tease, and then a lot of people on Twitter were blowing up with the whole it looks exactly like the Model three and doing like a comparison fading the silhouette out and it's pretty much exactly the same shape. But this is a brand new model.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So Tesla's become interesting lately because they announced that they're killing right hand drive production for the models and the Model X. I mean, globally those cars sell in such insignificant numbers that it doesn't really matter that much. Tesla is basically a two car company, the Model three in the Model WY.
Speaker 2: It's one thing I'm sad about the X because I thought the X was a ballsy move with the whole doors and everything like design wise, I thought it was cool at the time.
Speaker 3: It's been built like rubbish.
Speaker 4: Yes, one of the ones we had had the biggest panel gaps. Those doors will stop working eventually and be impossible slash expensive to replace.
Speaker 3: I do think it's time those.
Speaker 4: Things just disappeared, but it's before we sort of talk about this in a little more detail orickon. Tesla is now just becoming another car company. They kind of started off being the anti car company, but when you look at it, they are just another car company now.
Speaker 3: So a design update for the Model three.
Speaker 4: So they said that they wouldn't be doing that sort of stuff, they would just do software updates, and now they're doing a design update to keep it fresh because the sales are sort of starting to go down.
Speaker 3: Discounting, they change the price.
Speaker 4: Of these things every ten minutes and that is literally a kin to a car company doing an end of financial years.
Speaker 3: So Tesla's just doing that now as well.
Speaker 4: They're doing advertising, so Musk has said that they're going to try advertising, so again a sign of things just not going as well as they were.
Speaker 3: So look, I think.
Speaker 4: Eventually, well, Tesla is now in my mind, just a legacy EV company because if you have a look at all the startups that are now coming up in that segment, they're all doing the adventurous stuff. Tesla is sticking very much to a pretty tried and tested formula in the automotive world, which is fine.
Speaker 2: I feel like also these new startups seem to be doing something a little bit different in terms of they've learned from Tesla's mistakes.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, so they're all adapting to what Tesla's been doing. And look, Tesla runs the risk of only having two successful models, the three and the Y.
Speaker 3: I mean the cyber truck.
Speaker 4: To be honest, regardless whether you like or don't like the design, it doesn't look very practical at all. We know that electric uts aren't very good, and Tesla can't change that formula all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: The I think the thing with the cyber truck generally the people who are going to be using it just think it looks cool. So practicality wise, I don't think I'm mad as everything. Everyone's just like, give me that car that looks like it's from that fucking Harrison Ford movie in the eighties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that'll I just don't think that design will age well. The semi they seem to be having a lot of reliability issues with those as ye images of those broken down constantly, So I don't know.
Speaker 3: Tesla just really needs to get its act together.
Speaker 4: And I think now that Elon has finally appointed a CEO for Twitter, I've stopped using Twitter because it's just become an absolute shit show over there, and it's just full of just Elon lovers and I just don't have time for that shit, so I've.
Speaker 3: Stopped bothering with that.
Speaker 4: But now that he's down as the CEO of that, hopefully it means he can actually just renew focus on the car company, because it does seem like it's been fading away recently.
Speaker 2: I saw them releasing an official video of the Tesla robots, and my first thought was, I hope they're building the fucking cyber truck, because not doing much else, no one cares that you've just spent three billion dollars on a robot that can TikTok dance.
Speaker 3: The robots are just weird.
Speaker 4: And it seems to me that Tesla has put all this effort into autonomy and it's now realized that it's not working, and a lot of car companies realize that autonomy in everyday situations is not working. Autonomy might work down the track in very closed scenarios, which is fine, but in just general scenarios it is not working. And I think they're trying to now go oh, hold on, by the way, we've still got this thing over here and this thing over here, and a lot of the things that they're working on are kind of irrelevant. Like the robot thing just seems like a waste of time. Again, it's like an autonomy push for stuff that we don't need. People want affordable electric cars, and at the moment you're not delivering that.
Speaker 2: So I feel like autonomy is the sort of thing that they should be doing in baby steps rather than thinking so far ahead and like this is what we can do, and it sort of comes out of a half baked idea.
Speaker 1: It's like the robots like this is.
Speaker 2: What they can do or they'll be able to do, and they just like put it together, make it happen. They said, well, why you've got now you've got nine ten different fucking robots just standing there dancing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, just chill it out.
Speaker 4: Like I mean, if you look at Boston Dynamics with that robot dog that they have, now, what has been the purpose of that? Like they use it in niche things like policing, policing, bomb, dispose.
Speaker 3: All that sort of stuff. But what is the purpose of an outside of that? You can't use it anywhere. It's just so, what are.
Speaker 4: You going to do with this robot that is going to help me in life? I wouldn't want that thing around my kid, Oh I would.
Speaker 1: I would one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: I want that thing answering the fucking door. And then it answers the door. The door slowly opens and there I am standing there with a robe and nothing else and just a bottle of whiskey.
Speaker 3: And then it starts laughing at you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the dogs just know, and the dog will just come back and sit, sit, sit next to me.
Speaker 3: Why have you got a tub of peanut butter?
Speaker 1: I tried to program the dog to lick it off my nuts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had that go not well, let's just.
Speaker 2: Say let's just say, well, this is the puerile humor people signed up for after I scanned It's hard.
Speaker 3: Yes, So yeah, back to Tesla.
Speaker 4: So one step further is RIMAC just recently set something like twenty plus Guinness World records and remac or mats.
Speaker 3: If you want to pronounce it properly, give it.
Speaker 2: Give it to me one more time, please, nice and slow marts, nice and slow and isolated.
Speaker 4: So yeah, the car company from Croatia has developed the world's fastest vehicle, an electric vehicle, and it basically has set over twenty world records in a day. So their acceleration world records. There was a breaking world record in there's a whole whole shebang. And someone tweeted at Elon and asked him whether the roadster will be able to keep up with that, and he replied with it's like.
Speaker 3: All right, listen up, Champ.
Speaker 4: If you've not created this car you said you were going to create years and years and years ago, and you're now laughing at someone because they've actually done what you can't do. I just think it's it's just very petty and kind of embarrassing on Tesla's part.
Speaker 2: Ah, it's an interesting one, like he is falling behind a little bit. He's losing the race that he started and said he would win.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and look, Jumats is a company that has come up kind of out of nowhere. This this car, the Nivea, is actually an incredible car because they've developed a car from ground up and normally with these things they share a lot of components with other cars and other brands. These guys are the components that live in other car brands, so they actually supply electric motors to brands like Kunigseg and Hyundai as well, so that and Porsche.
Speaker 3: So they've done a lot of.
Speaker 4: Work here for these other brands and developed their own hypercar that is full electric.
Speaker 3: And I think that it's it's a remarkable achievement.
Speaker 4: So to to try and shoot that down is just a little bit embarrassing on Elon's part.
Speaker 3: They look bloody great too, don't they. I think it's like four million dollars or something sold. I'll buy one, Yeah, I'll buy one with mate. Well, hold on, you've bought a car, haven't you. We'll talk about that in another episode. Take you Could it be the three Months nevera.
Speaker 2: It's pretty close. It's pretty close. Let's just say it's a super car, very good.
Speaker 4: So yeah, let us know contact at the Drivers Show dot com dot au or hit us up on social media, let us know what you think about this whole Tesla thing. I know I'm sounding a little bit negative there, but yes, I obviously do drive a Tesla. My brother drives a Tesla.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've just got my dad to buy one as well.
Speaker 2: At coworkers drive them to or did they drive them and sell them?
Speaker 4: Yes? But yeah, I do like the car itself. It's no dramas at all. But I'm just sort of pointing out from analytical point of view that I think they are starting to potentially fall behind.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I think it'd be interesting what you make it the Silhouette. I mean, this is a brand new model and we don't know what it's going.
Speaker 3: To be called.
Speaker 1: Probably could be the Tesla too.
Speaker 3: I just hope it's a more affordable thing.
Speaker 4: And this isn't just a jive at Tesla, but all EV manufacturers. At the moment, there are no affordable evs, and we're now forcing governments to do subsidies, and I mean your taxpayer dollars doing subsidies isn't really an ideal solution to this problem. So I am hoping that this will pave the way to an affordable EV that people can actually buy and not have to then you know, go broke buying because cars are getting expensive at the moment.
Speaker 2: Cars are and do you know what, I also have noticed I reckon the second car, second hand car market is starting to correct itself.
Speaker 4: It is a little bit yeah, yeah, it is starting to level out, so big time. Yeah, which is good news, but ultimately.
Speaker 1: Not for me.
Speaker 3: Not for me, mate. No.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty four Toyota to coma which sounds like an eye disease from a third world country.
Speaker 1: But it's a stunting what is this? Is this a mid.
Speaker 2: Size pickup or and how does it differentiate from say a high Lux?
Speaker 4: But it's an American mid size, So an American mid size because America is kind of big, but it's not super big. So I think if you were to visualize this, it's in between a high Lux and a Tundra in terms of size, and it looks unreal. I think this looks just sensational, bloody love it.
Speaker 2: I agree, it looks like a real rugged off road. Well the one I'm looking at there must be like a gr version. But what I'm looking at is well they call.
Speaker 3: Them the TRD, so it's the TRD Pro.
Speaker 4: And the cool thing is ARB, the Australian off road company who has the exclusive sort of partnership with ford On off Road Components, has actually been selected to develop some components for the trail Hunter trim Ah, which I think is pretty cool.
Speaker 1: It looks cool, doesn't it. What models that red one?
Speaker 3: The red is the Limited? That is the Limited.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's kind of like a bit of a sort of trendy looking thing. By the way, just a little trend there. If you go to car expert dot com a you and have a look at the picture of the Tacoma Limited there. Can you see that lip at the bottom of the red one. These lips are there for erow because they sit so high off the ground. They've put those lips in to reduce the amount of drag the cars. It sort of punches through the air, so you see that on a lot of these pickup trucks, and often it's retractable so that at lows speeds it doesn't infringe your sort of off roading, but at a higher speed that it comes down, so you actually get a bit of aerow advantage there.
Speaker 1: What do you think? What do you think about the look?
Speaker 4: I love the look of both the Trail Hunter and the TRD Pro. I think these things look absolutely unreal. And the cool thing as well is that they've launched this with a number of interesting engines. So and have a look as well, at the back seat of the TRD Pro. So if you keep scrolling down, that.
Speaker 3: Trail hunter looks like a beefy.
Speaker 4: So keep scrolling down to the backs of the pro. Keep going, keep going, keep going, keep going, keep going.
Speaker 3: Look at that.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus, red, oh cooiler.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 2: No, they're not speakers, but some sort of suspensiony looking things. Yes, it's some sort of I think, do you know what?
Speaker 1: I think they're just like structure or something.
Speaker 3: I don't even care what that is. That looks unreal.
Speaker 1: So that looks like Bain's head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just that looks like when Trevor wore that dice and air.
Speaker 4: Mass, except this doesn't turn you on. Yeah, that set that fan too high. Yeah, it is just bloody cool. The other interesting thing as well is they're launching.
Speaker 3: This with.
Speaker 4: What's called it sounds like a phone, the I Force Max, which is basically two point four liter four cylinder turbo made it to an electric motor.
Speaker 3: Was it called the I Force Max? Jesus, I think I found one of those in Trevor's bottom drawer.
Speaker 1: I got this from the convention in Switzerland.
Speaker 2: No, no, wait, Germany, I've got this in Germany Engage.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it's it looks really cool because this is the engine they will probably be fitting to the hybrid version of the high Lux.
Speaker 3: So I think it's pretty cool that this is all sort.
Speaker 4: Of coming about and it finally means that we will be getting some interesting drive train options in Aussie yutes to come.
Speaker 2: Can I just pausse you on this? Well, while we're talking to COMA. One thing I've noticed is with the infotainment display in this and it's the same in the gr Corolla. What is with Toyota using really thick bezzling in their infotainment display. It's so silly, like it's a good it's a good what a centimeter and a half, it's a good fifteen meals.
Speaker 4: I think they do it because it gives them room in the future to offer a bigger screen. So they're like, oh, now we're going to do a bigger screen, and it's like yeah, but the screen is just now the size it should have actually been.
Speaker 3: It it looks like old tech. That's strange.
Speaker 4: So yeah, anyway, super excited for this and really do hope. Yeah, I don't think they'll bring this to Australia because it'll kill highlux. But I do hope that that engine makes it to Australia because that'll be unreal.
Speaker 2: I think it's early days for this to come to Australia, but I reckon they possibly could. I mean, these sorts of cars are getting more popular and look at the Ram.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well this is like a smaller version of that, and I think this would sell like hotcakes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, the Mustang Marquee. Is that what we're talking about, Yes, Mustang Markeee prices have released. Yes, so he says.
Speaker 1: With a glee.
Speaker 3: Yes. To put this vehicle into context, this competes with things.
Speaker 4: Like the Model Why in the States, so you would think that in Australia it competes with the Model Y, so you would price it against the Model Why. But it starts at seventy nine nine nine before on road costs.
Speaker 3: Now, that is for the.
Speaker 4: Version of the Marquee that uses a seventy one killer what our battery and it gives you a driving range of four hundred and seventy kilometers. And putting that into context with the version of the Model Y that we get here in Australia, Model Y kicks off at a significantly lower price. So it starts here in Australia, and this is before incentives and all that sort of stuff. It starts off here in Australia at a drive away price of seventy five or a list price which matches the marque at around sort of seventy thousand dollars, so it's almost ten thousand dollars cheaper. And then in terms of the driving range it's around the same. So the Marquees four to seventy Tesla four fifty five. If you then step up to the flagship GT one hundred and eight nine, sorry, that is massive ninety one killer at our battery, so it's a bigger battery there. But ultimately it is going to give you you just have a quick look here, it's going to give you driving range of four ninety kilometers. The Model Y performance is five to fourteen. Is it getting significantly more Model Y performance three point seven to one hundred with the with the GT three point seven as well, but about ten thousand dollars more expensive.
Speaker 3: The premium looks kind of cool, yep, But.
Speaker 4: Even the premium ninety two nine ninety so that gives you your longer driving range, and in the premium longer driving range of six hundred k's if you compare that to Model Y five point thirty three ks, so you're getting more driving range in the Mustang, but again ninety two nine ninety, whereas the Model WI is eighty two thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: What's a zero to one hundred again in this GT so three point seven, So it's the same as the Model Y performance in theory the same.
Speaker 1: Where would you go, Well, this is the thing.
Speaker 4: I want to drive the Marquee. I want to see what it's like. Look Forward promised in Australia that we would have over the air updates for SYNC four, which is the infotaine system that's in the Ranger, that still hasn't eventuated. So you're about to launch this which has the same infotament system. So you're gonna launch it and presumably it's not going to have any over the air updates. So I'm going to get a car that's dating as soon as I get it, whereas with the Model why it's constantly getting updated. I'm want to see what the storage space is like in this, because Tesla are the masters of interior storage space for their cars.
Speaker 3: I think it looks.
Speaker 4: Even though I don't love the looks of the Marquete, I think it looks significantly better than a model Why oh yeah, which I guess you could say about virtually any car on the road.
Speaker 1: It's interesting that they badge this.
Speaker 2: I remember my first thoughts on this when they when they release this or I announce this.
Speaker 1: To badge this as a Mustang, I thought was an odd choice.
Speaker 2: I kind of wonder like if they put this under a Ford badge, but in a cool way. I mean, they couldn't really do it with a different could they do it with a different slightly different logo.
Speaker 3: Or should have called it the Cortina.
Speaker 1: Jesus. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: What do you make of the fact that they've put this under I mean, Mustang has got such a heritage about it.
Speaker 3: A lot of people are annoyed.
Speaker 4: If you look at forwards social media when they announced that autobooks were open and stuff, comments weren't exactly nice, and you look at their comments in the States, people still don't love the fact that it's called a Mustang. So I don't know if they've made a mistake there, But they're trying to make Mustang a brand, so they're still doing the crazy internal combustion versions.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think it's like, I think it's probably a progressive move. I hap the works. I'm looking forward to this car. I think it looks great. I just it is expensive, though, isn't it. I can't get past that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see, agreed.
Speaker 2: Should we get into our little car, revieh go and I say little because it was a little.
Speaker 3: Car with a big heart. Okay, just say yes. Yes. The twenty twenty three to Yota GA Corolla.
Speaker 4: Prices start at sixty two three hundred dollars before on road costs.
Speaker 1: We got in there, Toyota GR Corolla. Who oh yes.
Speaker 4: So we did speak about this recently about how people were trying to gouge. I think that's still the case. But what do you think about the GR Corolla?
Speaker 2: Right, let's go sixty two thousand dollars just over before drive away. Interesting one with the numbers like healthy numbers, two hundred and twenty one killer. What's three hundred and seventy meters of talk coming out of a one point six liter three cylinder engine. They are really pumping out some good stuff out of that thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Doesn't give you much room for tuning though, because if you're you're developing I think they said it was the most or one of the most power outputs per liter of any car on the road. Yes, if you're developing that right now, surely there's not much room for tuning out of that engine.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean this was the what is that the GTS kind of version. Then they're bringing out a slight Yes, the slightly beefed up one, which I I think was I kind of thought it was the same sort of engine, but I know they're deleting the back two.
Speaker 1: Seats, adding a roll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so there is a there is obviously a little bit of something something going on. They've saved weight in a lot of areas. I think the wheels are slightly lighter on the new one.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: But this was do you know what's interesting?
Speaker 2: So I spent a week with the Type R and then this, and everyone was like, how does it compare? What does this compete with? Would you say this would be the type sorry, the goalar.
Speaker 4: Type are thir Yes, it's that sort of group of vehicles, and you know where they've priced it.
Speaker 3: It really goes in quite high.
Speaker 4: But then when you look at the numbers, being that it's a manual only a zero to one hundred and five point three, that's quick, but to achieve five point three you really need to assault the gearbox to get it to that level.
Speaker 3: So I also thought that it could do with a bit more noise.
Speaker 4: It kind of sounded a bit sedate as well, and it is much softer than the Type A, so it sort of sort of tips in a little better. It's sort of very gentle compared to the Type A, and it doesn't really it doesn't really do the sort of thing that I'd like it to do, which is send all of its talk to the rear axle to do fun sort of drifty things it really needs.
Speaker 3: But I did think that was a cool little function.
Speaker 2: What do you call it, talk bias the talk by a switch on it where thirty seventy to sixty seventy, yeah, sixty forty or the fifty to fifty split, right, which I think is a nifty little thing.
Speaker 1: You don't really see that too much.
Speaker 2: I think this was lacking a bit of track stuff in general compared to its competitors, Like you look at Jesus even an I thirty n had like the track logger track info stuff on it. This didn't really seem to have a lot of track tech on it. I mean it did, but not compare to say something like I mean, even the Golfer has probably more tech in it.
Speaker 3: If you compare this to the Golfer, is significantly quicker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the golfer is more comfortable as a daily because you can get it with the dual clutch.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just think that Toyota has.
Speaker 4: Done a very pure driver's car here, So they've probably gone a bit too Toyota on it and just made it a bit soft. And I think that perhaps they've done that on purpose to leave the door open for Tunas to come in and do what they need to do. But yeah, ultimately I think that perhaps it could have been a little harder in that regard, and they could have just added a bit more spice into it to give it that sort of real character.
Speaker 1: I thought it looked great. The bloody fled wheel archers.
Speaker 3: On this thing. I mean, it looks unreal.
Speaker 2: It is doing squats. It has got some serious leg day action going on.
Speaker 3: I like you, Yeah, I've got a flat bump. I do think this will do.
Speaker 4: Well as a as a collector's car down the track you reckon.
Speaker 3: Oh, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 4: I think when Toyota only does hybrid stuff and they forget about all this stuff in the future, this is going to be a bit of a collector's item.
Speaker 2: I think it earns the respect. I think it drives excellent. The limiteds lipdiff in this is really good. It really grips to the road hard. I'm sort of with you on I wish there was a bit more room in the talk bias. But first impressions, it seems like an expensive car. But I mean, let's say sixty five sixty six thousand dollars worth of car like this sitting in your garage. It's a good sports car. It's a really solid car.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There was a few things that I didn't like about it, which I would have expected for this price point. The just little things like a three to sixty camera would have been good, or the what do you call it, the bezels on the driver display. There wasn't enough race tech in it for my liking. But generally I thought it's a great daily driver car. It's one of the best ones out there as a daily It's an easy car.
Speaker 1: To drive.
Speaker 2: The gearbox is great. Did you find gears one to two a little bit crunchy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and second to third as well would sometimes get a bit stuck too, So I don't know whether that's just as just these things have been abused or not, but yeah, yeah, not amazing. It could be a bit tighter, like a type. I thought that was nice and sort of gated.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was brilliant. I still think about that car. I'll just sit there and go, I wonder what it's doing now. I don't know what it's up to. Yeah, I would I love to have. I would have loved to have got one of those. Can't get past the red seats.
Speaker 3: That's yeah. Otherwise definitely what I had one.
Speaker 1: It's a great car. I can't get past the red seeds. But yeah, don't worry about the price. I mean these abyss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, I think it's a I kind of think this is you know a lot of these sort of I don't know what you'd call this category of car where it's a crossover track and a daily hot hatch, I guess, but I think this is definitely more There's.
Speaker 1: A lot of cars out there that I would go.
Speaker 2: More of a track car than a daily This is definitely more of a daily car, yep. And it's a boy racer if you want to track it. I just I can't imagine tracking a car. People don't realized when you track a car, it's actually quite expensive. Like it all fucking adds up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, if you do it properly, which is getting it checked before and after and stuff like that, tires breaks gets bloody expensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it racks up there. So I'm just.
Speaker 4: Reflecting on our discussion here. I think we've both just come out of this going bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's nice.
Speaker 2: I'm not overwhelmed by it. I'm impressed by it.
Speaker 1: It was fun. I looked forward to it, but I guess I would have liked a bit more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I'm the same. I thought it was impressive for what it is.
Speaker 4: I just don't think it's amazing, and I think they probably could have done just a little bit more to make it a bit more fun and engaging.
Speaker 2: I think if you've bought one of these cars, you're going to have fun with it. You're going to enjoy it, and you should. It's a it's a great looking car. I would be interested to know if people do tune these. So if you do own one and you've kind of done a bit of who ha to it, let us know what we'd love to see.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think it looks good. Ad a red one.
Speaker 3: I don't know what color?
Speaker 1: Did you have?
Speaker 4: Gray?
Speaker 2: Yeah, matches your personality. I think I'm not really a fan of red cars. But you know you've got the red seats apparently, No, not red seats either. I'm going straight down to super cheap and getting.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's a great looking car, but they've served up as it should be, but there's it hasn't exceeded expectations.
Speaker 3: Yes, agreed. Now what's going on with you? What's what's happening on the You changed your shoes today?
Speaker 2: Or are we still wearing your famous sweded down show?
Speaker 4: I will actually point out we had a on one of the down days of our biggest UV test.
Speaker 3: We went go karting as a team and I won.
Speaker 2: Obviously, the way he looked at me was like like you had spectacles.
Speaker 1: And of course, so they.
Speaker 4: Requested that the winner does a shoey, which is where you tip the beer into the shoe and drink it.
Speaker 1: Wow, a bunch of engineers that would have gone down the tree.
Speaker 4: The problem was that the following day we were filming and I had my my suede shoes on, so I had to nominate someone. So I did a showy out of our videographer's shoe and I now have an itchy mouth, which is.
Speaker 1: And an itchy dick. That bit doesn't really make well maybe yeast.
Speaker 2: You've told me before yeast infections work in mysterious ways.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that that was good fun. But you did I can't Oh there we go, sorry about that. If you're listening, there's the there's the effects of a shoey. Did you have any beers beforehand? Or was this like first one, first one for the one and it was down.
Speaker 3: For the year. No, just kidding, Oh no, but was this the first one of the day? Yep?
Speaker 1: I couldn't think of anything worse.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: During An's act day there was two up going on and it was getting fucking wild, like wild. There was there was a shoey being passed around. There was a chick who had a tits out at one point, like the chick who was getting on tits. I was doing the showy like it was just I couldn't help but think like my grandfather would be so proud, like he this is what he was in the trenches for people drinking beer out of shoes and so that chick could get our tits out. But yeah, I just I could not think of anything. Well, I think, what did you get to a shoey? Mate?
Speaker 3: So what did you do when it was passed around? Oh? I just couldn't. Fun fact, I haven't had a beer in four months. Oh yeah, that explains everything. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, I haven't passed out and I stair well in four months either.
Speaker 4: You have been holding an apple this entire episode, which I find troubling.
Speaker 2: It's a stress thing as soon as I talk about alcohol, it's a.
Speaker 3: Trigger alcohol in the yeast. All right, So to the car you've bought.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well I thought we could talk about this in the next episode. Okay, why don't we do that? Perfect, we'll do that. But anyway, have we got any yes? Well, have we got any nice things?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 3: Has anyone said anything nice about this podcast this way? Yes?
Speaker 4: Well, I've been sort of just keeping an eye on the ratings.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, while you do that, cute little update, merch will be happening.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, excellent is actually just thinking about it.
Speaker 2: It will be happening, um, And we're going to start off with some basic bitch stuff and move on to something a little bit more. Maybe we could get the Driver's Show Rivers collab.
Speaker 3: Oh that could be cool. Hey look, I'll be after that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah you would. When you need a logo T shirt with eight fucking pockets.
Speaker 3: You never know what you need. Never excellent. Well, I'm looking forward to this some reason.
Speaker 1: Paul as his hands in every one of those pockets.
Speaker 3: So this little bit.
Speaker 4: Of goodness came in when it come in, it came in, so it came in after our last episode. And this one doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me because the guy probably someone complaining about your brand cells it was So the title is mister Speed.
Speaker 3: I don't know what if that's a run.
Speaker 1: To Speed guy?
Speaker 3: Is this an email? What is this? Yeah? This is a rating?
Speaker 4: Oh and it was from do It du It T one three, so presumably do It one to twelve were taken. And it's it's so hard to get past the Bogan intro.
Speaker 3: Oh I like our intro. I thought it was good.
Speaker 1: When do you think about our.
Speaker 2: Intro mister Speed.
Speaker 3: Hang mate, mister Speed, fucking check my.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I had some chicken wings.
Speaker 3: Check out my bloody this is my this's Mykemorrow that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I fucking it's it's it's sixteen years old, but its fucking goes.
Speaker 1: Check outy Oakley Sonny my gas cans.
Speaker 4: The next one, which I preferred much more title fuel for laughter.
Speaker 3: Oh and it was from Karma twenty twenty three.
Speaker 4: He they slashed them, wrote info delivered with lashings of humor. These guys have natural chemistry, and Trevor is a great addition. Is he haters and doubters suggest you get a sense of humor, bracket and spell check whilst you're at it.
Speaker 1: Love you.
Speaker 2: This person's coming to our defense on other comments.
Speaker 3: Ah, so thank you Karma twenty twenty three. You are a legend.
Speaker 4: If you want to achieve legend status as well, please whichever platform you're listening to this on, go and leave us a five star rating and leave a funny comment in there so we can read it out. We do appreciate the time that you guys spend doing that.
Speaker 1: Five stars.
Speaker 2: Nice comments, make them funny, poke fun at trev talk about Paul's one pair of shoes that he owns.
Speaker 1: That by the way, we are still.
Speaker 2: In his hometown and I can tell you right now they don't sell any other kinds of shoes.
Speaker 1: This is the this is Yeah. I wouldn't even call them shoes.
Speaker 3: It's more like a leather cloth. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Should us a note as well. Contact at the Drivers Show dot com dot au. If you want to get in touch with us, leave us a note. Also on socials as well. We do love getting your feedback, so make sure you do stay in touch.
Speaker 3: But I think that is it for this week's show. Beautiful out here.
Speaker 2: Hello, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, thank you. Your auntie keeps asking if I want a sheepsaye ball?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: No? No, if you could give me a lift on your mule signor no?
Speaker 3: Thank you? Please put your booms back in.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus Christ, what is that?
Speaker 3: Wowie?
Speaker 1: I think Gillette.
Speaker 2: Would go very well in this country. Jeez, madam, do you do you smoke at all?
Speaker 1: Good? I don't want to drop in a bit of ash and starting a bushfire.