Speaker 1: Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Here on the pickup, Britt, Laura and Mitch. Hello, heading to chemist ware house today. You'll get great savings every day. Now, you've heard of snakes on a plane, but get ready for arguably far scarier Laura, burn on a plane.
Speaker 1: It's way worse.
Speaker 3: No, it is not worse than a snake. I think I'd take a snake. But look, I went on a holiday without my kids recently. I went away for seven days on a child free trip. She came back, Laura, I know, no, I missed my kids so much, but this was big for me. I've never been on an international trip without my children. I've never been away from my children for that long. It was my first time getting on an international flight without my kids, and it made me realize how much I don't like other people's kids.
Speaker 2: Oh, and you're the first person on this show to rab it on about how your kids get scolded on planes and how it's not nice judge with your kids.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, I have never said that my kids get scolded on planes. My kids behave because do you know why it's so hard to parent your children on a plane, because you have to try and control them and that's what didn't happen in this situation.
Speaker 4: So hear me out. I'm sitting there with my sister.
Speaker 3: It's also she's also got two kids the same age as mine, so it's a big deal for us. We're on this little trip together, and sitting directly behind me is a five I'd say he was about five five.
Speaker 4: Year old kid.
Speaker 3: I was next to the window, then next to him was his dad, and then next to his dad was another kid. Right.
Speaker 4: Dad was traveling with the kids all by himself.
Speaker 3: Hero yeah right, yeah, bra so beautiful, so beautiful. Dad decided that he actually didn't care what the kids did, so long as they didn't bother him. Dad was having a sleep while his five year old son had pulled out some plato, had pulled down his tray table and was mashing that plato into the tray table like it was his job, like he was trying to roll a pizza dough out. So all I was getting for a good twenty minutes was bang, bang, bang bang bang.
Speaker 1: That bank was behind the.
Speaker 3: Tray table attached to my chair because those trays are so flimsy, So I was trying to rest, I couldn't because all I was getting was this bang on the back.
Speaker 1: Of the seat.
Speaker 3: So I turned around and I went into my full blown Karen mode. Now I've spoken about being a Karen on this show before. In fact, recently I talked about how much I enjoy.
Speaker 4: Being a Karen.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: I think if there is a Karen in this room, it's me.
Speaker 1: I love a letter.
Speaker 4: I love complaining.
Speaker 3: I can't tell you the amount of times where people in our street are having parties and I'll say to my husband Matt, and I'll go, is it too early to call the police yet? It was like seven pm, but the son still up. No, So I didn't call the police in this incident. I wasn't like, oh, look, is there any flight? What are they called the plane police?
Speaker 4: Marshall?
Speaker 1: What I did.
Speaker 3: What I did is I turned around and the dad was sleeping, So I put my arm through the little hole and I tapped him on the knee and I said, a sleeping father, excuse me, could you please ask your son to stop banging my seat? And you could tell he was a bit startled, and he was like, oh, oh, can you stop stop banging the seat? And then he goes back to sleep. Five minutes later, bang bang, but it was horrible, and like, I am not leaving my kids at home to deal with somebody else's kids on this plane.
Speaker 4: So I turned back around and I was like, excuse.
Speaker 3: Me again, wake come yeah, could you maybe just maybe the trade table's a bad idea for the Plato?
Speaker 4: Like could you please? Could you please?
Speaker 3: Anyway, the dad took it and he was like once again. He was like I stop, and then okay, I'm at this point, come on, like, ask your kid to actually stop. I agree, and he was not. He was just the dad did not care because the kid was occupied, so he didn't have to deal it with his own child being annoying. I'm a single, brave, beautiful father on a plane by himself, doting dad. He's a doting dad anyway. So the dad once again checked out, and then it continued, and it continued for a good twenty five minutes, and I was like, I actually can't wear an hour and a half into this six hour flight and I need this to stop. And I turned around to the child and I was like, excuse me, you need to stop banging my seat right now.
Speaker 1: I spoke to the child directly.
Speaker 4: You dis planned, disciplined.
Speaker 1: I put on your child.
Speaker 4: I put on my ten out of ten mum voice, and the little.
Speaker 3: Kid went like this okay, and he just put the trade table away, not one single bang from there on in.
Speaker 1: I won.
Speaker 4: My god, I won the war against the five year old.
Speaker 2: And we've spoken to the dad. The child a non verbal, and the holiday has been ruined.
Speaker 4: The kid was fine.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, but like, there comes a point where it's okay to step in and pair it someone else's child.
Speaker 4: There is such a one an hour, one hour into a flight. If they can't stop it, then someone else care.
Speaker 1: You were the most thirty seven year old I've ever known.
Speaker 4: You as in this moment, so young.
Speaker 1: You're so thirty. You can't talk, Britt, you cannot talk to another child.
Speaker 4: On a plane as a thirty six year old. You're very thirty seven right now. I cannot relate to you right now, Laura, I'm.
Speaker 1: In Mitch's generation.
Speaker 4: Sorry about that. Guys. Look, I think it's fine.
Speaker 1: Well, the kids joining us on the phone now, he's not speaking. He's traumatized, all right.
Speaker 2: Next on the show, listen, how would you feel right if if your partner you got a new partner? However, they were still full time care for their ex. I was still living and looking after their ex.
Speaker 4: Why are they taking care of them?
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you why. I'll tell you all about it next on the pickup