Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcast playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast. Welcome to the weekend Rio. Thank you Patsy, thank you he has made it weird. Is great to become aggressive.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the weekend. That's I think that's an appropriate response.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Yeah, do I throw it back to you? Welcome here, seemly say Chanks, Alex, Happy Friday. We're going to be okay today. The shark is in the water already. Can I just say the shark in the water? All right? The first half hour of It'll be Down a Friday, we go around the team. We call it double thumbs up and the things that we're enjoying this week. Warning, Warning, warning, Patsy has brought a physical item, a prop.
Speaker 2: It's always thumb nah, is it?
Speaker 1: I actually think of it the opposite way, all right? Two from me. Last week I was talking about Hama why wife loves sci Fi, and so we'd start to watch Foundation and I wasn't sure if it was getting to get any better. It was gobbledygook about Starlock's Terminus and eighty seven other planets and soda symptems. I couldn't keep up with it all. A lot of you text in saying, stay with it. It's brilliant and we have stuck it out. It's awesome and you understand it. I do, well, No, neither my wife or I understand it. But we're okay now. In ignorance, actually, I think is one of the ten steps to enlightenment is actually just admitting we know nothing, but being happy in that. But no, very very good. And the other thing that is back season two of the Terminal lists on Prime. Oh my god. Chris Prout, Stearine, Taylor Kitsch started in the first season, which was really really good. Second season is even better. There's no Chris Pratt. He's obviously doing Jurassic Park. So what they have is he keeps is this on the phone? Oh right, it's pretty it is, and they might they just play his voice. What a great way to get a bit of coin, you know, can we try that one? You know, Alex is near, but he's on the phone right now. That's the sports to your team. Chris Patt is in it, so you can put it on the posters. He's not physically if you see him, he's left the voice smell anyway. It's just it's just he's just texted me. Oh, he's on these phone calls. And he's obviously in his trader on the set of Jurassic Park in that outfit. However, that means more Taylor Kitsch and if you're a fellow fan of Friday Night Lights, he's an outstanding actor. Even better the second season. Really we like it. I love the fact if you caught a show lone Wolf, I'm all over them. Terminalist lone Wolf, turn out A turn from me, Patsy, what are you enjoying?
Speaker 2: A good tip from producer Caitlin which we have tried, you know how been doing my chili Kong khn. She has found a range of mixes that make it easy and they're very very healthy, no preservatives, no nut is brilliant for people on Keito like the first Lady, your wife or if you're gluten free, you know, because it's hard to get stuff that you can have. It's called mingle these spice mixers.
Speaker 1: Person, yes, mingle clear and the races today, aren't we.
Speaker 2: We had tacos with him this week yes, Taco Thursday or Tuesday Tuesday. Yes, And I don't know if it's just me, but the taco case is getting smaller.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm with Patsy. They are Yeah, they're making you now upsides to the Jumbo ones.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, so Jumbo is just a normal size brand.
Speaker 1: Are our hands getting bigger?
Speaker 4: No question?
Speaker 1: You heard it here first. This goes right to the top. It's all that four g Now, it's all the nasties and the spices. It's making my hands massive.
Speaker 2: Women were making them. It's actually hard to shove the filling in between.
Speaker 1: The taco size.
Speaker 3: I say fairly.
Speaker 1: Get that wine my wine glass doesn't mean it was my ex a large wine glass getting smaller. Have two of those glasses for people glass? What will they shrink next? Honestly?
Speaker 2: The other thing this week is all the cords in our teenager's room around her school desk were driving us insane and I don't know how much.
Speaker 1: Yes, terrible.
Speaker 2: I have rescued the rumba from the cords. It's eaten about two of her to pull.
Speaker 1: The desk over, doesn't it I've had that's really going to drag it down the corridor board.
Speaker 2: I thought, that's got to be a better solution. So we tried, you know, the power board. The love God tried to sort of mount it on the side.
Speaker 1: Of her to an outhousees it was terrible. A teenagers should live actually in an outhouse and then come back when you're twenty one.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I agree. But I found this that came out. It's an Rlex brand desk top power station and it's specifically for.
Speaker 1: It, and it's a plug on your desk.
Speaker 2: Brilliant though.
Speaker 1: It's actually like chances to Walter Raleig, who's been around the world with some amazing.
Speaker 2: It's brilliant. It's great, four points for power and all you like for your eye.
Speaker 1: I guess you'd call this a plug multi shopping.
Speaker 2: I've never seen it.
Speaker 3: Have you seen?
Speaker 1: Rio doesn't open you Einstein's no idea. It's struggling with that zoomland in that laptop you major in box opening. Sorry street smarts, it's because bedroom. Why bring it in though, because I need to.
Speaker 2: See the information on the box and what it does, because you inevitably would ask stupid questions, got no answer anyway. I found it good.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's great.
Speaker 2: You can put it in that little pod thing in your backyard?
Speaker 1: How that now? Which is getting me? Just getting a new laptop. Let's just move on, all right, we're going to take her. I don't want to talk about Let's uh, there's take a break. We come back with part two of Double Thumbs Up The Christian O'Connell Show podcast. In Christian O'Connell Show, we're doing Double thumbs Up. We go around the team and we share what we're into this week. Rio, what's it for you?
Speaker 3: I've got a couple for you guys. Firstly, we are into spring. We are into pollen season.
Speaker 1: Oh you getting into polland issues must have? Oh yeah, shout out, I'm really getting into pollend guy. What were they shrink? Next? They shrunk it? You know, pollen's.
Speaker 3: It's very hard to get accurate pollen readings on most of the major apps. So there is an independent Melbourne company called I'm not sure the company is called, but the app call is called Melbourne Pollen App and it has every day alert of the pollen rating in Melbourne. So today the grass pollen rating is low. You don't have to worry about it. It sends you a alert every morning, so.
Speaker 1: When you wake up you have to a really good idea. It's a lifesaver.
Speaker 3: I download it every spring, very very helpful. Put on your notifications for it. Second one, I spoke about it three weeks ago after watching the first episode of Survivor. It is the finale on Sunday and it has been an incredible, incredible When it ends, I'm going to be devastated. I don't think Australians realize Survivor is so so big. It's in forty countries, it's been got fifty in America.
Speaker 1: It is the biggest TV most successful TV show in the world. Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me.
Speaker 3: And Australia at the moment is the gold standard of Survivor around the world. It's like, yeah, it's revered as like the number one sort of the best players, the best strategy, the best Survivor seasons are always Australia.
Speaker 1: At the moment thought that, I know, so, I know you would have done sorry, just when I got on the passport, I would have thought that. Actually, yah, yeah I knew that. Yeah, it feels right, it feels right. Leaders are subject I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, but that so this season they've got all the best players from the history of Survivor against all the best Australian players.
Speaker 1: You really love it, don't you. It's so good. Suddenly you become a ten year old his new bik. He's got the best.
Speaker 3: Tony, David, George, they're all there.
Speaker 1: There's no empty box with this one. No, yes, it's crammed. It's on ten plate.
Speaker 3: If you've never watched Survivor, it's half the length of a normal season. It's so easy to get into. If you've never watched it, start here. It's as good as it gets. Ten play Survivor, Alex, What have you love?
Speaker 1: This week?
Speaker 4: I'm watching a show called Katrina Come Hell in high Water on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: I don't mean to bring the mood down, guys, but gee whiz, that was something in our history that I didn't know too much about. One hundred and twenty five billion dollars worth of damage. It wasn't so much the storm and all that came with the storm. It was like the next day that the damage was done because the levee broke around New Orleans and I didn't know any.
Speaker 1: Of this stuff.
Speaker 4: They had all these people in the Superdome. The NFL team has the Superdome there but it wasn't until the next day, in that afternoon that all the flooding came in and there's like, you know, twenty five feet of water that just take it took over the entire city. So it's an incredible, I guess, learning experience about something that really shaped that area of America. And they're still talking about it and still getting over it.
Speaker 1: Well one' they're warnings it was going to happen because I met years ago interviewing Harry Shearer, you know from Spinal Tap, Yeah, and all lots of so many Simpsons characters. Anyway, that's his hometown. He actually made a documentary about what happened because the world didn't know, right. Yeah, that's on Netflix, Netflix. Yeah. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast