Speaker 1: Come on there, we're on. It's a pick up thanks a chemistware house heading today, great savings every day.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's true. How are those bake goods you stole from downstairs?
Speaker 1: I don't bring that up.
Speaker 2: So we walk in and downstairs they're doing a sales meeting, and Mitch walks over and steals some. Well, I guess, just Kate, there was like several pieces of cake. Turns out it wasn't an internal sales meeting. They had literally brought clients in to pitch to them, and Mitch candy from a baby which was still in their food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're trying to get them to buy ads on the network, and I stole their blueberry nothing and a small kick case.
Speaker 3: In your defense, I actually walked in right after you and asked if I could have to think?
Speaker 1: Said no, I did get up and do a little pitch. I think I just sold our shirt for next.
Speaker 2: We performed.
Speaker 1: But hey, speaking of performing, she's doing it around the country at the moment. Guess he's on the show today.
Speaker 2: Range what a rockstar dominating TikTok at the moment too as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't that crazy? On TikTok she's a superstar and she's got new music out as well. She'll be joining us next.
Speaker 2: There's also a mum who has smarked a very furious debate because she likes to keep her kids on a leash. Now, I have some feelings about this as a mum, and I don't know if it's going to be well. See you have some feelings about this.
Speaker 1: You're gonna put me on the leak.
Speaker 2: We are, We're gonna try it out. That was it brought this backpack for you.
Speaker 1: To Wow, I'm not putting it on. I'm full of muffins. I'll vomit everywhere, all right. That's all coming up on the pickup for Thursday afternoon on Kiss. Thursday on Kiss, It's the pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitchell Thinks to Chemist Warehouse Black Boars Executive Beat Stress Formulas two fifties available now at Chemists Warehouse for just forty seven ninety nine. Always read the label and follow the directions for you. Hey, did you know this song?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Carlie ray Jepson Bang. This used to also be one of my running songs like every like real like beady pop song. That's me on a treadmill right there. What a terrible image for anyone.
Speaker 1: Tell her about it. She's touring the country at the moment, she's got a brand new album out, and she's here on the pick up.
Speaker 2: Hi, Carlie Ray, Hi, carl Carli Hi.
Speaker 3: I just feel so lucky to be here and live out my dreams and meet people that I've listened to for so long. So I'm just like, first, I'm going to get the fangirl out of the way. I'm fangirling Carly. Second of all, I want to say congrats on the latest album, The Loneliest Time.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 3: Where did that come from in terms of I know you wrote it and it started to come together in isolation in COVID, But do you have aspects in there of physically feeling lonely from a breakup or was it purely just when you were in lockdown.
Speaker 4: Well, I've always been a little fascinated by the theme of loneliness because I think the.
Speaker 5: Cool thing about when you're really lonely is it causes like these chain reactions. You don't just like stay in that place.
Speaker 4: And I've definitely experienced loneliness being Nitorian artists pretty much my whole life.
Speaker 5: If you're kind of you have these like.
Speaker 4: Accelerated, like you know, high energy moments of performances, but at the end of the night, you're in these like different countries and these hotels by yourself.
Speaker 5: And I've always sort of not totally known what to do with that.
Speaker 4: I sometimes think that when I look at this album, Covid sort of really highlighted that emotion for me of like what do I do and in isolation on my own and and how can I find joy in that time? Because you know, it's really powerful to not just be writened of your loneliness. And so this is what the concept of the whole album was. And I think loneliness can make you really brave and courageous and do some crazy things like I think joining a dating app can.
Speaker 5: Come from loneliness. And there we have beatus.
Speaker 4: So I don't I know, it sounds a little bit like a down er title, but I felt like it was more than that.
Speaker 5: And that's what excited me about the challenge of the Loneliest Time.
Speaker 2: What's it like taking something like I mean, speaking about loneliness and speaking about your own personal experiences that is something that is so personal, and then taking that and putting it out onto such a public platform, performing it in front of it, you know, thousands and thousands of people. What does that feel like?
Speaker 5: I mean, it's actually quite liberating.
Speaker 4: I think that what you realize as an emotion that you have is probably shared by lots of people. Especially when you think it's a private thing that only you have gone through, you realize that that's not actually the case. I think things like love, things like loneliness, longing, and all of these emotions. I think what I'm tapping into as a songwriter is where we connect and me in the middle about it. So it's not it's no longer just like my song. It's like your song, and we're kind of singing it together. And that's what I'm helping to create and performances as well.
Speaker 3: It seems like you are not lonely at the moment. You are dating a Grammy Award winning music producer. Do you work together or is that like a lining in the sand where you like, we're not crossing me, it's we're not lovers by night and colleagues by day.
Speaker 4: Well, it's funny because we actually met the good old fashion way at work, you know, and we we were working on a song together. So that sort of how our relationship was born in a weird way, and there's an intimacy I think in any songwriting session in terms of you kind of are burying your souls and trying to like get to the bottom of some sort of emotion together and figure out how to like you know, put it to words into music. So there was a friendship and an intimacy born there, and then I think later on started dating. And now, yeah, to answer your question, we we do write. We write more for the joy of it together. I think at the end of the day, he loves writing. I love writing. We're not always thinking about if it's for work versus if it's just because that's how we like to kind of take in the world and take in our experiences. So we do write a lot. He brought a guitar. Actually, he's with me here in siding and we've been working on some stuff just with our little travel guitar that we got.
Speaker 5: In New York.
Speaker 3: So if you if you're writing songs together, do you try and like slip in subliminal messages in their lives.
Speaker 2: I really wish you'd pick up your socks off the floor.
Speaker 1: The next album, take the Bins Out. Yeah, wanted at Me. You can get Carl's music everywhere on TikTok. The new album The Loneliest Time is everywhere and thanks for hanging out on the pickuplie by all right. Next, we're unpacking the thing that everyday Australian mums are doing to their children that is going to get them canceled. It's not good stuff for unpack it. Next to the pickup, it's the pick up Thursday afternoon, Britt, Laura and Mitch. Thanks to chemists warehouse heading today, great savings every day.
Speaker 2: Oh look, there's nothing like a bit of mum shaming in the world, is there.
Speaker 3: Oh we see it every day, don't we.
Speaker 2: It's oh well, you don't notice it because you're not a mum. And I notice it online. I see it in the forums, I see it on TikTok. Now there's a mum who has sparked some very furious debates because she has admitted, she has told everyone, she even made a TikTok about it, that she likes to keep her kids on a leash.
Speaker 1: Oh Auntie leash. Sorry, I'm going to I think a leash. She's on her kids. They're for dogs and they're for cats. If you're in I am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I don't have kids. By the way, I think I used to be anti leash before I had my own children, and now that I have two toddlers, I understand. I get it. I understand the leash. But prior to that, I was like, Oh, that's some sort of like that's a horrible thing to do to your child.
Speaker 3: Well, here is some information. You guys might not know this, but I used to be a nanny. I had two kids that I had to have on leashes. And now when I say I have to have them, it was thoroughly suggested to me that this is what happened. And let me say it. When I first got it, I was like, I can't put this. I can't walk around with this kid on a leash.
Speaker 2: Wait did his parents give it to you? And I like, leash my child?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And it was the best thing, Mitch. I know what you imagine.
Speaker 3: It's not like a studded collar that goes around their neck like a dog, and then you put the leash on.
Speaker 1: I'm picturing a retractor they like they keep backpacks.
Speaker 3: It happened a few times and I was so grateful. They'd be running around like a two year old does. They trip on a cobblestone and you've got the leash, so as they're falling, you just give it a little bit of a pull and it's like a full safety net just pulls them back up and they don't even hit the ground.
Speaker 1: Oh and you know the best parties, you're can attack to the handle of it a little poobag, so if they pooh, to pick up the pooh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well this much. She's based in the US. Her name's Alexis, and she took to TikTok to share that she keeps her child safe by putting a kid leash on him. And anyway, this is a mass now twelve point nine million views, which is not a small sum of numbers. And look, fifty percent of people on there are understanding, and the other fifty percent are saying that it is incredibly cruel. It is not crueler, Yeah, it's not. I don't think that this is cruel. I think my opinions, like I said, have changed so much since becoming a parent. And if you have a child that's a runner, which is very real thing. They just as soon as they get out of the car or they're you know, you're not watching them, they will run. And kids have very bad perception about roads, safety, about where they're going, and that just they'll just run.
Speaker 1: Would you either of your two girls.
Speaker 2: Lola for sure? Yeah, that kid's leashable, she needs it, you know.
Speaker 3: The only bad thing about it is that after a while, the little turds that are running around like crazy, they get too used to the leash and they have no concept of danger. My little my little kid, Lou was running and throwing himself around because he knew that nothing was going to happen because I'd pull him back up. So they just get a bit big for their boots.
Speaker 1: Is this gonna be in like a couple of years, you know how there's got breastfed babies and then formula babies. They're going to be leashed and unleashed adults growing around. You think, I don't think you needs to.
Speaker 2: Maybe you need to put your boyfriend or leash. What's the long term impacts?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they can't stay in relationship. Yeah terrible. Noh yeah, yeah, they hate going on walks. They've got bad scoliosi in the back.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think we can go next step into a hands free leaks you know the ones. Just go run your waist.
Speaker 1: I haven't that I can get around. Speaking of animals, Britt, you guys have just come back from Uluru, and I believe you were bitten by something or someone.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 2: I aways bitten by something, yep, but still not over it. I don't think I have quite moved on. I'm going to tell you about it very soon.
Speaker 1: All right after this at the Pickups Kiss. It's the pick up Thursday on Kiss with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Thanks to Blackmore's executive b Stress Formulas, two fifties are available now at Chemist Warehouse for just forty seven ninety nine. Always read the label and follow the directions for use.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I've been bitten by a few things in my time. Two weeks ago, Laura and I went into the desert. When I was there, we went to Ularu and I never thought I would say this sentence, but I was on the back of a very large camel straddling Laura when another camel came up from behind like a stealth camel and bit me.
Speaker 2: It bit me, It's all full.
Speaker 1: Where did it bite you?
Speaker 4: On?
Speaker 3: My arm above my elbow and it's the biggest camel in Australia.
Speaker 2: He was a big bully. His name was Rocky. And the reason why this is so funny is because the whole time that we were Brit was straddled to me and we were on a camel, which is truly funny enough in itself. Brit kept saying, the camel behind keeps nibbling me. It won't stop nibbling me, which I thought was hilarious and I can study laughing. And then all of a sudden Britt was like, he bit me. I start laughing. Brit starts crying. She's crying on the back of the camel.
Speaker 3: Because everyone's like thing at me, be like as if and have you seen a camel's teeth.
Speaker 2: I've got a pressure word.
Speaker 3: Its whole mouth, His whole mouth went around by arm and like so it didn't just bite a bit of the flabby skin at the back.
Speaker 2: It consumed my.
Speaker 3: Whole arm and like compression and pressure down. It even left a mark on my T shirt.
Speaker 1: I thought your little white arm was like a no one and no one talks me.
Speaker 3: And I'm really happset that I went through a trauma being bitten by camel Norman bullies.
Speaker 1: Everyone always remembers their first bite. I remember mine. I still still to this day. It was AMF bowling. I was bitten by James.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, wait, I'm sorry what happened there?
Speaker 1: It was year three. We were playing bowling and James, like as sociopath, James bit me. We had some sort of argument about the striker a spare and he bit bumpers and then, like as sociopath, he looks at me and then grabs his own arm and bites himself.
Speaker 2: And then tells the teacher, oh, that himself, and said you maybe.
Speaker 1: Serving time now. Ella's called through on thirteen when I was six y five, Ella, what got your bit?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 6: I got to buy a fish.
Speaker 2: Ohn't they just cute little sucky sucking? Was that one of those fish? And BALLEI that like sucked the dead fish the dead skin off your feet?
Speaker 6: No, guys, I thought this was going to be a magical experience. I was snorkeling on the grape berry reef and thought, great, I'm going to swim his turtles. But then I got start well kind of bit by this like fish, and I got fully infected. And had like hair lifted out.
Speaker 2: Oh that escalated quickly? Wait it got infected that quickly? Oh maybe you got poisoned.
Speaker 3: I did get poisoned.
Speaker 1: By what kind of fish?
Speaker 2: What do we need to look at me?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 6: I still yeah, well I still have to find out. I need some marine biologists to like call up in here.
Speaker 2: What did it look like?
Speaker 6: It was like multicolored jellyfish?
Speaker 1: Because fish narrow it.
Speaker 2: The next call out we do is for the marine biologists to figure out the fish.
Speaker 1: It had a tail and it was underwater narrowing. It is called on thirteen when I six five, steph, what got your bit?
Speaker 6: I was in Bali with some friends and we were going through one of those like monkey forests. Yeah, so we were told that like generally the monkeys are quite friendly and if one comes up to you, just you know, be calm and everything. So one jumped on my shoulder. It was like a little baby one. My friend got out of the camera and started taking photos and everything, and then it beat my neck.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you're bringing back suppress trauma memories for me too. I've been bit by a baby monkey and Bali they're the ones you need to look out for.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Oh my gosh. I thought, oh my gosh, it's so cute. It's so cute, then attacked me. I had to get a raby shot. It was this whole week thing. So if a monkey comes up to you, just be careful.
Speaker 2: Now, I love it.
Speaker 1: That is the message of the pickup.
Speaker 2: That's to take home for the day, guys.
Speaker 1: If a monkey comes up to be careful, be care yea write that down. Alright, let's go, Will, And what are you up next? The boys are driving you home. We'll be back tomorrow for your Friday.
Speaker 2: See you guys.
Speaker 6: Bye.