Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hi, Happy Wednesday.
Speaker 2: On what a date is? It is State of Origin Day?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is. This is Christmas for me. You might not believe it everyone, but I, Mitch Jury boy who studied theater in New York City, loves the State of Origin.
Speaker 1: I truly would not have picked that about you.
Speaker 3: You have forgotten that I'm the heir to a football throw and my father played an RL professionally.
Speaker 2: I didn't forget it.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that this is no two dimensional man. Mitch Jury is constantly surprising us with the person that he is.
Speaker 3: I'm gone with balls in many ways.
Speaker 2: Who did your dad play for?
Speaker 3: The Sharks and NRL? The sharkis my dad played for? And I lost every gene I I got good.
Speaker 4: You did get a very good spectator, Jean. Though, Well, I know that I'm going to be a widow on the couch tonight. Every time it's on Matt's my husband. He stands half a meter from the TV yelling at it. But he goes to Queensland, so he's a bit of a new stuff as trader.
Speaker 3: Oh that's turned me off. That's the one thing I don't like about Matt, that he's a gold Coast, Queensland.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope everyone else is going to enjoy the game tonight.
Speaker 3: Happy instead of origin everyone.
Speaker 5: I don't actually think I'll be able to watch it because I have a German lesson.
Speaker 1: BRIT's been learning German for the all of nine days. Now. How has it been since the free trial ended? It's good.
Speaker 5: I had a free trial for seven days and I have two days solo, so that been pretty wild, the two solo days.
Speaker 1: But do you know how to say it's going good in German?
Speaker 2: It does good?
Speaker 3: Y'ah? Oh, this is grim, this is grim. We've got an update on BRIT's German classes. We get to it now. Oh god, that's after this on the pickup or thanks to Chemists Warehouse heading today great savings every day. It is a pick up right around Australia. It is Wednesday, Alva with grit. Laura and Mitch write this down everyone right now. Half priced cosmetics at Chemists Warehouse right across Mabelene, Revlin Rimmel and Laura's favorite, the Nude by Nature range.
Speaker 1: I've already been in fifty percent off. Is so good.
Speaker 3: I know you at your local, don't they at Chemists Warehouse. Brit you've got an update Forlis.
Speaker 1: We're nine days in.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm learning German, guys. I mean, I'm going to use the term learning very loosely.
Speaker 5: I'm attempting to learn German because my partner Ben is Swiss German.
Speaker 3: How do we pronounce his name?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 1: Does he just speak German?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Is that that he?
Speaker 5: No? He speaks four languages, so what French.
Speaker 1: Language does he speak? When he's at home?
Speaker 2: He would speak Swiss German.
Speaker 5: I'm only nine days in, but seven was a free trial with Babbel and then.
Speaker 4: So how's two days of learning German going forward? I've gone two days solo.
Speaker 5: But what I did was it's really hard, and German's a hard language, so I guess I've done it the wrong way. I've been learning sentences instead of just different words and adverbs and nouns, and you know, like I've just learned a sentence here and there. So I've got like a few down pat a few of the basics.
Speaker 2: I know, Hello, how are you?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 5: The Ghetti his deal shon dish cannon zulinen.
Speaker 1: That sounds very convoluted for hello, how are you? It is it's the worst, so hard.
Speaker 3: A lot of words to get hold on thirteen when I'm six five. I'd love to know what other people have learned, things they've picked up to impress their partner or for the benefit of their partner, because let's be real, ben gets here, gets here in tel It's just.
Speaker 5: It's just Benjamin with a silent day.
Speaker 2: It's just Benjamin.
Speaker 3: You're doing this just for him. To be honest, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not doing an order in German sausage.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm just doing it for Chris is called on thirteen Bee, Well, Chrish, hell, what you learn for your partner.
Speaker 6: I've been married for a really long time and I've done a lot of things to impress my partner. He's a bit of a sporty guy, and I am so very unco I've learned how to go play baseball. I've learned how to play tennis, I've learned how to play sport and now we're learning how to like golf. So all of it, I'm shit at all of it. But he just he wants a partner to play with and that's lovely and that you know, I love.
Speaker 2: To be with him.
Speaker 6: So you know, so he married thirty three years this year.
Speaker 2: You put it down to your athletic ability.
Speaker 6: Definitely not have even broken a couple of bones, just like tripping over Chris.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you should just learn a language.
Speaker 3: That's so good. Okay, Laura, I'm thirteen sixty five. Another Laura, what did you learn for your partner?
Speaker 6: I learned the fine art of parkour?
Speaker 3: Oh wait, so so you jump from building to building? This is like you jump in.
Speaker 6: I wasn't doing it great, that's for sure, but yeah, I attempted to learn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or is something like fourteen year old boys do they jump from like building to building and hard park.
Speaker 3: Were you good at it?
Speaker 1: Laura?
Speaker 5: No, I was terrible.
Speaker 6: I was like, no, so bad that I pretty much fractured both of my ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you.
Speaker 2: Need to be a bit of like an acrobat. You do backflips and stuff for.
Speaker 4: You up on a Sunday afternoon, this guy you were dating was he like, Hey, I really think you should come and do pump all with me, And You're like that sounds fun.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, he would do it.
Speaker 3: He looks amazing And I was like, yeah, cool.
Speaker 6: And we went on to even open up a parkour school. But I was absolutely, I hope.
Speaker 2: You're not teaching.
Speaker 3: I'm not telling people what not to do in way too far Okay. Moral of the story Benjamin and Brick going to open uh Germans Turban Sausage Making school and ah, yeah, I'll be your first customer. Okay, We're back after this. Here at the pickup. It's the pick up right around Australia. Wednesday, Britt, Laura and Mitch here head into campus warehouse today. You'll get great savings. You'll get it every day. Now.
Speaker 4: I know I'm a little bit biased here, but I think my three and nine for old Molly Bay is an exceptional drawer.
Speaker 1: Em says, No, she's very very good.
Speaker 2: Do they though they do?
Speaker 5: Like every single parent, I know their child is the smartest little menta child, or the best athlete.
Speaker 3: Or you don't throw that around, Laura. So I think I might actually believe you're not one of those mums that gas lights as all into thinking kids are a superstar.
Speaker 4: I don't. I mean, I just think she's a very good drawer. Like she it's one of her it's one of her passions. It's something we encourage. She loves to draw. So last night we go out for dinner and that and I get home and the babysitter has left this beautiful picture that Marley has drawn of mum and dad. And there's mum and dad and she's written mum and dad at the top because she's learning letters as well, and she's drawn a little like because my child's a genius.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm trying to establish.
Speaker 3: Paper, because she cares about the world totally.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean that generation does care about the environment, so she probably will.
Speaker 5: Know what the.
Speaker 2: Environment is, yes, she does.
Speaker 5: She also mean a pot of honey from the bees out the back way, so she drew.
Speaker 4: Guys, I want to show you this picture because I was had a real proud mum moment. I was like, this is one that's going on the fridge.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 2: So here it is.
Speaker 3: That's actually quite sweet.
Speaker 4: Here's a cute little picture of me and Matt standing together.
Speaker 1: Is very detailed of.
Speaker 3: So, isn't it because that's abstract?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean, look it's it's good from a far but far from good. She's three and a half minutes.
Speaker 1: Stop picking on us. When you zoom in on the picture of Matt, what is it that you see there?
Speaker 3: She's clearly she knows where she came from. That's because she.
Speaker 1: Didn't come from his penis. Mitch.
Speaker 5: There's like three quote unquote lumps in between his legs.
Speaker 2: Has she drawn him naked? Is that new?
Speaker 3: That's a no.
Speaker 2: That is too generous.
Speaker 1: That is down to the knee.
Speaker 2: That is not accurate.
Speaker 3: She's clearly got a thirty centime ruler.
Speaker 1: She put a T shirt on Matt and drew his manhood.
Speaker 3: Wow, she's three.
Speaker 1: And a half seen it in the is that you're looking at this? Do you think the same thing?
Speaker 3: I've seen them in real life?
Speaker 1: And now he's yes, that is it's very similar.
Speaker 3: That is manhood. Okay.
Speaker 4: So I also thought that my three and a half year old had taken it a step too far and had drawn some details that she didn't need to draw on this picture. And then I went and took the picture to her and I sat down, and I just wanted to get clarity, you know, because that's the kind of weird thing for a three and a half year old to do.
Speaker 2: It was very davincy like nude statuesque, just a.
Speaker 1: T shirt and then Matt with his pants on.
Speaker 4: So I sat down and asked her, you know, darling, what's this detail that you drew on Daddy in this picture, and this is what she had to say.
Speaker 1: Hey, baby girl, what's this skirt? Who is this me? And that's my skirt?
Speaker 3: I forgot shoe.
Speaker 1: Oh you forgot to draw another shoe. That's a really pretty skirt.
Speaker 3: But you forgot.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I was walking around one shoe on and a lovely, lovely skirt. She's a very detail orange. It turns out that is not that is not a manhood.
Speaker 2: Turns that you wearing a kill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know what's worse. You look at this picture now, and this is not Matt.
Speaker 2: This is me.
Speaker 1: She's drawn eyebags on me.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: There's also a lot of fluid retention in the that's you. You're tying.
Speaker 1: I have a genitalia skirt on.
Speaker 3: She's given you asthma on your arms as well, looked with dots. She's really gone.
Speaker 2: She's singing in the shower naked. So it's lucky that is a skirt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be fun.
Speaker 3: Back after this. It is the pick up right around the country. It's Wednesday. It's the pickup. It's Britt, Laura and Midge. Hi everyone, three afternoon besties, right, yeah, convinced well.
Speaker 2: It's really fair and hot. You really threw us.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: My job?
Speaker 2: He's on a sugar.
Speaker 3: High and right now heading to Chemists Warehouse. They got half priced cosmetics across the maybelean Revlon Rimmeler Nude by Nature Rangers at Chemists Warehouse. Listen, you know I love finding ridiculous news story and bringing them to you.
Speaker 1: We're what have you done?
Speaker 3: Okay? It has been revealed Australia's rudest road trip spots. So you know, Australia, we love a ridiculous town name. I mean they're not they get worse. So someone has put together if you want to go on a really cheeky, rude road trip, you can go through all these horrific, rude, cheeky town names and it's a rude, naughty little road trip.
Speaker 2: Someone has too much time on that.
Speaker 4: I wonder if these places are actually like esthetic tourist places or you're just going to them because they've got terrible names.
Speaker 5: Well you've got to take a photo of at the sign.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's exactly what you want. You want the Instagram and people are profiting off this stress free car Rental have compiled the weirdest road trip locations and they're going go on this road trip and they're like selling it. Isn't that smart?
Speaker 1: Great? Where are they? What are they?
Speaker 3: I'm going to give you some and you have to have to work out whether or not it's a real Ossie town or fake rude Ossie town.
Speaker 1: If silly named towns out there, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here are some of the towns are real off fake you be the judges. Tinkle Creek in Gold's Country.
Speaker 1: That sounds real.
Speaker 4: That sounds like, you know, there's a lake titty car car out there somewhere in the world, So Tinkle Creek doesn't sound.
Speaker 3: Too Tinkle creeks thrill. It's in Tasmania. What about Dunny drip stream?
Speaker 4: Dunny drip stream, I don't want to go swimming in it, but I reckon it's I think it's.
Speaker 1: Real, but I won't swimm in that one.
Speaker 3: Duney drip creek. Fake doesn't exist. I made it up.
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: What about this driving through the warm, warm waters of Funny Knob Creek. No, I'm going real Funnyknob Creek in Tasmania. What do you want to walk in?
Speaker 1: No, it's not real, real.
Speaker 3: Bunny Knob. Everybody, Yeah, well.
Speaker 1: If no one wants to be called funny Knobs.
Speaker 3: Saying in Tasmania, you're getting your Volkswagen camper van, you drive down the road, you get to Pisspot Creek. True or false?
Speaker 1: No, I think Pisspot Creek is real.
Speaker 2: I'm going false.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: I feel like they have to we have to come to some sort of uniform decision on this.
Speaker 3: Pisspot Creek's beautiful place to relax this body.
Speaker 4: Would you know you see a photo of these places?
Speaker 3: Brown?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like tea leave.
Speaker 3: Well, you actually grew up close to this place, but this was our bust my ball's bay.
Speaker 1: Stop it.
Speaker 5: I actually did grow up not far from there, bust my balls bay bay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bus my balls stop it. You didn't you? You got married at late Lake Fanny Track, right like Fanny Track, Lake Fanny Track and the Central Plateau in Tasman.
Speaker 1: It's really pretty down there at Lake Fanny Track.
Speaker 3: Smelly place.
Speaker 1: It's real, not smelly mitch Yuh.
Speaker 3: Sorry what about buck clack a sprig? Stop it? Last one, last one. You're on a road trip around Australia, you pull up a rat road.
Speaker 4: Oh and that's where all of like the young twenty year olds who are trying to escap their parents' houses are sitting in their cars making out right.
Speaker 2: Road comes down to Duney Drip Creek, the connecting.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think, I think it's real.
Speaker 3: It's fake.
Speaker 1: I'm terrible it doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: But you come by my house on a weekend.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've never heard anything more true in my life that at O.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 3: If you want to go on a little road trip, yeah, go on to Stress Free car Rentals and have a look because they'll set it up for you. All right, rats, let's get out of here to the day. Will and Wood are up next. We'll see you tomorrow. If you missed any of the show, podcast, it's to your Heart's Content on the iHeartRadio app. Just search the pick up.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, Bye bye,