Speaker 1: The Rising Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the Yugen Bear region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Terrestrate Islander peoples today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I you doing no.
Speaker 3: I can't get over this story.
Speaker 2: It's like the best story ever.
Speaker 1: Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conker Podcast. It is your host, Georgie Stevenson here, and I've got a tear with me.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, guys.
Speaker 1: Today we are changing things up. We're not doing the usual g's hotline. We've got a fun new segment.
Speaker 2: Called Life Happens for Me.
Speaker 1: I hope you enjoyed that fun A little down there. We just found that I couldn't tell me and a tear were like jamming out guys. So new segment we got you guys to send in your Life Happens for Me messages and they're the best, and they're the best, and this is going to be a feel good expanded episode, you guys know, with manifesting, what I say is go out and find your expanders of what makes you believe that you can do life and life happens for you when you know all those all those things and oh my god, these stories are extraordinary, aren't they are, Tea?
Speaker 3: They are. They're so good this episode.
Speaker 1: So this is just going to pep you up and make you believe that good shit happens and life happens bloody for you. Before we get into the show, though, weekly recommendations a tear you go.
Speaker 3: First, I would like to recommend a song.
Speaker 1: Oh she got told movie recommendations.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: We're having a team lunch the other day and we got into this conversation and a Tea has basically seen every movie and show.
Speaker 2: Everyone just like couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: And then she was like off recommending all all these TVs and shows to everyone for like their personalities.
Speaker 3: Love that. Watch your song I'm good the David Ghettar version.
Speaker 2: Have you heard of play a little bit for me?
Speaker 3: You for sure would have heard it. It's a trending sound at the moment, but I listened to the full song and it's like that with your windows down and the sun and just makes you feel so good.
Speaker 2: You know, it's been raining.
Speaker 3: I played it this morning and it just like really pumps you up for a good day.
Speaker 2: Love play.
Speaker 3: It's a little snippet, Oh my god, this is like a oh I'm Blue, the remix step I fucking vibes that song when I was like twelve, and if you hear the words, it's nice.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Yeah, I know the song.
Speaker 3: Love.
Speaker 2: Thanks Tatia, You're welcome. What's your actual song name?
Speaker 3: It is I'm Good in brackets blue because it's the remix of I'm Blue and it's David Ghetter and bb Rexer love. Yeah, and the beginning's kind of an app You're like, I'm good, I'm feeling all right, I'm going to have a good night.
Speaker 2: Driving to work.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm like, it's gonna be a good day love. Yeah. What's your recommendation? So?
Speaker 1: Something I did at the start of the week, and I will keep you updated if I stick to it is Sorry, guys, I've got like a block no, so I probably sound a bit weird. I'm just getting over a sickness, but I overhauled my calendar.
Speaker 2: Oh so me and Ellie sat down.
Speaker 1: If you guys don't know, Ellie is my EA executive assistant and she helps me out with content and all the life things.
Speaker 2: And she had an intervention with me the other day.
Speaker 1: And I have I have a calendar and I plan things out and I have meetings in there. But there'll be a meeting on the same time of another meeting, and I'll just accept it. It will just be in my calendar and it won't be till the time and someone's like, I've got a meeting with you, and then the other person's like, I've good a meeting with you. And I'm like, oh, this is a dilemma. Just wasn't good at like keeping my calendar. So what we've done is we have And then also I was complaining to her about I have I feel like I'm on a hamster wheel.
Speaker 2: I feel like because what I.
Speaker 1: Do at work is I'm not really in the doing anymore because I'm more I do approvals and I have meetings, Like my whole weeks is meetings. I pitch my vision idea and then we have an amazing team who implement it, and then I approve, we go back and.
Speaker 2: Forth, blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so my whole week is those sorts of meetings, and so I feel like my whole calendar was just like a random meeting here and a random meeting there, and then I'd like randomly do emails and there's all these wearing a certain hat, and I didn't have my creative time, which I winch about all the time. So I didn't have my creative time in there. It's not like I have my workouts in there. It's not like I have my self care time. And then I'd always been like double booked and feeling flustered and just not good. So Ellie's like, I'm going to take control of your calendar. And what we've done is Thursdays, I've booked in my weekly check ins with the whole team. So literally my whole day from eight till you know, four pm is like back to back meetings of check ins. And what I'm going to try and stick to is doing my approvals and admin with everyone that day. And then it's kind of like you're not going to chat to me until next sersay yaha ya, no, no of course that's like not going to be viable. Yeah, But it's more just trying to have that time so people know, oh, I'm not going to randomly like go into Georgie's office, even though I just said you could it here. But it's like, you know, keeping things being ahead and having that like really.
Speaker 3: Set time because then you won't ning it other time exactly.
Speaker 1: And I think what has gone wrong here is I M a bit elusive, So people are always like having to chase me or they will just have to pop their headings.
Speaker 2: We have it like I never go to their meeting.
Speaker 1: Because she's got three meetings because I've got three meetings on at the same time. So I'm trying to be like really strict, really have enough time for everyone, but it be put into the calendar and have those boundaries.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we're going to.
Speaker 2: See how that goes.
Speaker 1: And then every Friday, me and Ellie are going to have a call where we go over the next week we confirm. For example, if I've got a podcast for recording, it's like have you confirmed it with that person? Is it definitely happening? So Ellie will like email you know, Jamie or my other meetings, confirm them, and then from there we'll book in when I'm going to gym, when I'm going to have some down creative time to like, you know, think of whatever I want to do or the vision of the business, rather than just stuck in.
Speaker 2: The rivals to do lists.
Speaker 3: If that makes sense, that's really clever.
Speaker 2: I will update you, guys.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm recommending is doing like a calendar overhaul and being like this weekly recurring meeting in there? Am I actually doing it? Is this productive? Do I need to put in something recurring? You know?
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do a bit of a overhaul, a bit of a spring clean of the old calendar.
Speaker 3: Love that.
Speaker 1: On that note, guys, A Lance get into a Life Happens for Me episode.
Speaker 2: First one. I was twenty.
Speaker 1: Four and never had a boyfriend. I moved to Australia from London. Met this guy two weeks after I landed. We've now been together eighteen years.
Speaker 3: I think I'm gonna cry in this episode.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, A tears literally, Oh my god, You're okay.
Speaker 1: I think so sweet the universe needed me to move countries to meet my soulmate.
Speaker 2: That's so sweet.
Speaker 3: Watering up.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's going to make me water up, but I think there'll be some that'll make you water Okay, love that, And you know what.
Speaker 2: I just want to say on that quickly. Yeah, she wasn't worried. No, she wasn't worried. Fucking twenty four, that's still very young.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think people feel like it's not as soon as you hit like twenty one and you haven't been in a relationship.
Speaker 1: It's like the big deal, one hundred percent. When you've never had a relationship, you don't realize.
Speaker 2: How shit they can be.
Speaker 3: And this would have been her first relationship.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that. Eighteen years. We love that life happens for you.
Speaker 3: Okay. The second one bit of a long one love Hi ladies. My story of when I truly realized the universe had my back. For two and a half years, my husband and I tried for a baby and absolutely nothing happened, And nothing was wrong medically with either of us. It just wasn't happening, much to our sadness. After one and a half years of trying, I was offered a new role at work, which was a huge pay rise and wonderful opportunity. With this additional money, we finished huge amounts of renovations. At the end of the financial year, I was also given a huge bonus pay. I felt so incredible. I treated myself to a lux handbag for the first time. I love that for you. My husband and I went to dinner to celebrate the big bonus, and for the first time we spoke about things that are meant to be. I said, perhaps the universe hadn't allowed a baby into our lives, because then I would have had missed my incredible work opportunity. Our house would have still been very hard work, especially to juggle with a baby, and we were just feeling this amazing ease and flow of life together. Two days later, I had this strange feeling to do a pregnancy test, the first I'd ever done. I was pregnant. We now have the most perfect baby in our lives. I know the universe had our backs and was as much as we didn't really want to times be patient, everything came into line and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm so grateful. Also another secret little side note, I'm doing the project and loving it. Some of what I'm manifesting includes stepping into my new self as a working mother and also being a boss at work with significant pay rise. I returned it to work on Monday, and after some discussions and negotiations today was offered a new bonus structure which can boocet my current pay by very significant figures.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I know.
Speaker 3: I love this so much.
Speaker 2: I got shivers, mean too.
Speaker 1: I can obviously resonate with this a lot because we had to be so patient with our trying to conceive journey, and as much as I hated it at the time, with hindsight, I can look back and also say the same things of like, I don't know, I think the universe this is going to sound quite cruel, especially if you ask someone who's trying to conceive and it's not happening. I think life gives you a baby at the perfect time for you and your you know everything, and like, I couldn't imagine that too, and half years is long.
Speaker 3: But I'm just so happy for them, mean too.
Speaker 2: It's so sweet.
Speaker 3: And I think as well, especially with this one, while you're in the think of it, it just would be so hard to make sense of it. But as soon as you can look back, it's like, oh.
Speaker 2: Yes, love, life happens for you.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys.
Speaker 1: The next one, life happens for me, not to me story. Our company got made redundant, which at the time everyone was super upset and.
Speaker 2: Freaking out about losing their jobs.
Speaker 1: Of course, I was a little worried, but kept my call and embraced the change. Go you, because I wouldn't have literally everything felt a bit scary for a bit. The new company who bought out the old owners saw my mature attitude and not just rehired me, but promoted me and moved me to a bigger location which was closer to home. So I got a redundancy payout, a promotion, a pay rise, found way more enjoyment out of my job and less travel time to work. I used my payout towards my house deposit, which propelled me to my goals. I was subconsciously manifesting at the time.
Speaker 3: I love this one.
Speaker 2: I love this so much.
Speaker 3: Life happens for you, Okay. I was feeling very stuck and unfulfilled in my job. I knew I needed a change and craved a new chapter. So I started applying for many jobs for many different companies, but I always got knocked back before the interview stage. One of my last jobs I applied for was looking promising, and deep down I just felt this was the one, but once again I didn't make interviews. At this point, I was feeling very defeated and started thinking I would never get out of the job that no longer served me. I started having thoughts like who am I to think I am better than the job I have, and really doubted and questioned my worth. Then I came across the R and C poty, and after binge listening for a whole weekend, I realized I was clinging on too tightly to the idea of leaving my job and starting a new career. I was being unnecessarily desperate and trying to force it into fruition. After coming to this realization, I sat down and said to the universe, this is what I want, and if it is meant for me, then I trust you will bring it to me when the time is right. I completely surrendered to the idea that if it is meant to be, it will be, and perhaps the jobs I applied for so far just weren't meant for me and something better is coming. The very next day I got a call saying a candidate had pulled out of the recruitment for the job I had felt was the one, and I was now invited to attend an interview. After that interview, I was flagged as being more suited to another role and was asked to come in for a second interview for a job I didn't even apply for, got paid more, and was more aligned with my long term career goals. I was offered the position for the second job only three hours after my interview and was asked to start as soon as possible. I truly believe if every experience in life is designed to teach us a lesson, and I believe the universe was trying to show me that I needed to start believing in my worth and as a control freak proof it is okay to let go of the exact details because everything will always happen as it's supposed to, and I should add I believe I had to learn that lesson before the next step could be unlocked, so I could move into the next chapter with a new mindset that facilitates the next level self that lives in that chapter.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love this so much.
Speaker 1: I love to she the way she articulated that my story was beautiful, so beautiful, that is perfect. Do you believe that a Tia that to get to the next level you have to first learn the lessons of this level.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And I think that it'll keep coming to you in different ways. So if you feel like you're on a merry go round of the same sort of negative situation coming up, or like the same area of your life not working out, then something needs to change there.
Speaker 2: Ah, one hundred and ten percent.
Speaker 1: Hey, and I love what you said about it will come up in different ways, but it's almost the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's like, if you need to learn more about your worth or you need to learn to step up, you'll be given millions of opportunities to step up, and if you don't, you're gonna keep missing it until you do it.
Speaker 1: And I think the big thing about you know, this whole segment of life happens for you, is when negative shit happens to you, and it like constantly happens. There has to be a point where you stop and you're like, hang on, this can't actually be negative, but like, what is the universe trying to teach me here? And I love that she came to this realization, and I love that.
Speaker 2: It happened like two days after.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: That's like a running theme in all these messages is them having this big realization, surrendering and being like fucking next day, yeah, literally the next day, which it doesn't always happen like that, so please don't get that.
Speaker 2: In your head. Oh.
Speaker 1: I love that life happens for you, all right, guys, this next one is about having endometriosis, and you could like think about this from any health issue. I guess so, she explained. Honestly, it changed my life. Of course, it can be super painful, exhausting and also frustrating, but I also started to take way more care of myself, started my healing journey on my body, mind, and soul level, and started to set healthy boundaries. Without this disease, I wouldn't be where I am today. I started to take more care of myself. I started to say no, I started my personal development journey and coachings, and now I am building my own holistic healthcare and coaching business. The magic happens when we accept that life happens for us, not to us.
Speaker 3: I love this one so much.
Speaker 2: So beautiful.
Speaker 1: I can just say, anytime you have a health issue, instead of trying to treat that like really direct part when you try and I guess, treat it as a whole and really look holistically in your life what's happening is huge. I experienced the exact same thing when I got my implants out, because I, oh, yes, for years I kept trying to treat that, Oh I'm tired all the time, so it must be my iron levels, or oh I'm anxious all the time, so I'll see a psychologist, and like, all those little things of course helped. But it's like I had to actually go through a lot of pain and a lot of these little situations to then step back and be like, let's see the bigger fucking picture here, And then it led me to you know, so many other things.
Speaker 3: But I love that.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 1: I think also her just having I guess the realization that going through pain can actually come out really beautiful is like, I don't know, really nice.
Speaker 2: I feel like a lot of people, can you know resonate.
Speaker 3: With that, Yeah, life happens for you, Okay, our next one. I was having this conversation with my boyfriend just the other day in December twenty twenty, gen Atkin posted about writing intentions for twenty twenty one, and something pulled me to write my own. One of the intentions or desires was to be in a loving relationship with a kind man. I wrote this on the thirty first of the twelfth, twenty twenty. I met my boyfriend, my person, my penguin on the twenty eighth of feb twenty twenty one. However, he had just gotten out of a four and a half year relationship who he broke up with on the first of the first, twenty twenty one, literally the day after I put into the universe what I desired.
Speaker 2: That's weird.
Speaker 3: I love my mind and her second one she sent. I recently qualified as an attorney. The firm where I trained had a qualified position open. Myself and another colleague interviewed for it, but I wasn't the successful candidate. Utterly heartbroken, however, in the weeks leading up to their decision, I was doing Georgie's manifestation meditation. If not this, then something better. Two days after being rejected by the firm I worked at for three and a half years, I had two offers from other firms, and I'm now at a firm who value their employees, and I am the happiest I've ever been. Life definitely happens for me.
Speaker 2: Ah, I could scream that too. That's really really incredible.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if I've ever told you this the story a TIA, but the firm where I did my grad law grad and like placement of when I was doing like my PLT and stuff. Yeah, a big decision that made me like stop doing law and go off and like do my own thing was I was working in family law, and I obviously wanted to keep working in family law with the team I had been working.
Speaker 2: With for like three years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they didn't have budgets. So if I wanted to stay at that firm, I couldn't work in the team that I was like currently working with, and I'd get put somewhere else or like have to find a job somewhere else. So that was like one of the big nudges. And I was like, nah, fuck that, I'm gonna just have a break and like see what happens. So imagine that if I had actually and I was obviously super like devo because I've worked with this team for three years and you're saying I don't have a.
Speaker 3: Full time base here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so I felt super like ego was, you know, crushed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But now looking back, it would have been interesting to see what I would have done if I had got that full time position in that team, because it would have felt really comfortable, yeah, and like a really cool opportunity.
Speaker 2: So I always wonder about that.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: So you know, rejection is redirection. We love it.
Speaker 3: I love that life happens for you.
Speaker 1: This story happened in twenty eighteen and was the reason I got really into the Rise and Conquer Potty. I didn't start listening in to twenty nineteen ish. So it was year twelve, my second to last year of high school here. My French class was going to a trip in New Caledonia, and I was so excited.
Speaker 2: I had been working and.
Speaker 1: Saving for a year to pay for it. Everything was organized, All my permission slips were ready and signed, and I had a travel body and a host family organized.
Speaker 2: I was all set to go. However, I had.
Speaker 1: Been experiencing some severe mental and physical health issues from twenty sixteen to twenty eighteen. At this point, I was starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Having the goal of going on this trip was huge motivator for me to get better. However, one month before the trip, the school called me in and basically forbade me for going. They thought my health would be a liability side note. My doctor, mum and all I disagreed. I was so upset because, like I said, this trip was a huge motivator for me. Tears of sadness, anger, and disappointment were definitely shed. My friend teacher pulled me aside one day and told me that this European specifically German proverb which goes when one door closes, a winn door opens. At the time, I didn't believe her. What could be better than this trip I'd been looking forward to for a year. Flash forward literally two weeks and I get an offer to apply for a scholarship for a six month exchange to France. At first, I was hesitant. I'd never traveled before, never been on a plane, never lived away from my mum. But I took the leap of faith because I believed this was my window. I applied and a few weeks later I found out I received the scholarship. I felt like such a beautiful full circle moment. If I had gone on the trip to New Caledonia with my class, I would have spent all the money I'd save and wouldn't have been able to fund my exchange. I went on exchanged, learn grew and flourished so thoroughly. It definitely changed my life and my worldview on life now. The concept of when one door closes, a window opens is so ingrained to me. If an opportunity passes, I trust the universe was bigger and better plans for me. Everything will fall into place. I just need to trust it. And then she just said, ps, thank you, Georgie. You played a huge role in my development.
Speaker 2: Oh, I appreciate you. I love that. That's really beautiful.
Speaker 3: That's one of my favorites. I think it's just so relatable. Yeah, because this is one of the ones where she'd been working probably extra shifts. It was her reward to reaching a goal. So she'd improved on her health and her mental health to be able to get on this trip and then for them to just a month out when she's ready, she's got her money, she's healthy to be like, oh, sorry, we're just pulling rank here, and you can't come.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yeah, and that feeling of like helplessness when someone pulls rank or like you know, in that situation and you're like what the fuck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're like, I literally did all this work. Yeah, well this thing, and you're taking it away for not a good reason. But now she's got a reason. She got to go to France for six months.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: That's that's way better than New Caledonia.
Speaker 2: Way better. We love you New Caledonias.
Speaker 3: We do. We still love New I've actually been there. It's really beautiful. My sister's been there. It looks stunning. It is on my list. I recently manifested myself. I thought this one was really interesting too. I recently manifested myself into my current job and position. I manifested the job then into the store manager position. I thought it was exactly what I wanted dream job and position. But turns out I hate I don't like the company I work for, and I just don't like the job. I was questioning for a little while, why did the universe get me into this or let me manifest it when it's not for me? As Georgie says, manifesting will always work unless it gets you something else that will be better for you. I recently started Georgie's R and C course and have manifested myself a new job in a new company in a slightly lower position but better money. And it's literally my dream to work for this company. I've wanted to work there for over five years, but never applied because I didn't have the confidence. I finally realized three days ago why the universe helped me get my current job that I hate. If I hadn't had this job and the experience as the store manager, I would never have been able to qualify for this new job because I wouldn't have had the experience needed for this role. As much as I don't like the job, I'm extremely grateful for the universe that they put me here to get me where I wanted to go. I've always been a very big believer in everything happens for a reason, but this has just cemented that more. Love me too.
Speaker 2: What did you find interesting about it?
Speaker 3: I love how she went from questioning why she'd be allowed to manifest some not allowed, but like why she was given something that she hated and that she obviously manifesting is a lot of work and to get there and then be like, oh, don't love it, and then question like that would have just been a really interesting journey I think, And then yeah, that's so important, Like you need to go through it, not just to the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, guys.
Speaker 1: Next one, my best friend at the time of seven years cut me off when I was seven months pregnant. Took me a long time to realize it was really was for the best. And she was a horrible, toxic person, short and sweet.
Speaker 2: I love it the point.
Speaker 3: To cut me off.
Speaker 1: She was a bitch.
Speaker 2: No, I love that. This actually keep it in. That's the first time in tears ever saw on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this recently happened to me. I'm going to explain a different story because I can't tell you the actual story for legal reasons.
Speaker 2: But let's just put it this way.
Speaker 1: So, the long term goal was I wanted to work for myself. Yeah, but I had a client who I loved. I loved working with them, and long term goal was always like I wanted to go off and work by myself. Yeah, but then I like, just completely run your own correct the whole correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then this, you know client I loved, respect have a great relationship turns around and doesn't want to work with me anymore, and I'm like shocked and hurt. But then I remember, this is actually what you wanted long term. It's just come quicker. But I think it's because it happens to you rather than you're control. Yeah, you feel like a bit off guard, and I feel like this is what this person feels like. Absolutely, But I feel like in six months time, I'm gonna be like, oh, it's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's what I wanted. I didn't have to be the bitch exactly like you got it without having to be mean. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've experienced this with friends, and that was like one of the lessons the universe taught me a couple of times. A couple of times she learned, there's a few dimes where it's the best, and then all of a sudden you're ghosted or something happens and they stopped talking to you, and you're like, what did I do wrong? And you just like try to hold onto this thing, and then as soon as you completely detach yourself from it, you look back and you're like, wow, they were mean, Like they won't never experience that ever. I did like my last year of high school and my first year out of high school.
Speaker 2: I think I went one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I forgot about high school, Like I must have gone through five or six Jesus. Yeah, Like in that two years, I was like, what is wrong with me? Why I just don't want to be my friend? Oh? Now I know better, now I know my work. Yeah, but like, yeah, it can completely relate to this, and it's like the best feeling. Once you're at the end of it and you look back, You're like, that friendship was not good for me at all.
Speaker 2: Love last one, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. I was engaged to an extreme narcissist that totally isolated me from all my friends and family. I had a full wedding booked and canceled it and walked away.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: I know, I knew I couldn't lie to myself anymore. I knew. It was a huge wake up moment for me. At the time, I was so embarrassed, broken, with no confidence in having been with a narcissist. I'm sure a lot of people can relate to how they break you down internally. After months of being single, recovering and trying to trying to figure out what just happened to me and my life was almost a horror story. I wrote a letter about the perfect love of my life. I quite literally wrote about him, down to his name and features, family and number of siblings, job, etc. I always joked saying he will turn up on my front door. I then met him a few months later, during the middle of the harshest lockdowns in the world. He literally turned up at my front door. That was how she left it. So we had to ask more in me like excuse me? I was like, is he your Uber Eats driver? I just couldn't figure out how in the lockdown he got to her door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell me more.
Speaker 3: So this is the whole story. Before we met in our own lives, we were both weirdly obsessed with the same restaurant in the city. Neither of us knew why. My friends would always be like, just go get a job there if you love it that much. And I've always said, it's not that I don't know what it is. I just think it's great. But I'm a photographer, and so I offered my work to them, and me and the owners became friends. And for him, his friends were saying maybe he was interested in one of the owners to take out, but he was not interested. And she is a lesbian with a partner, so absolutely no go. Because he's a boxing trainer, he offered his business to her too, and started to train her in boxing. We both had no idea about each other, though. At one point she mentioned I've got someone you need to meet. You'll be perfect together, and I said absolutely not. I'm not interested in a setup. Thanks, but no thanks. She said the same to him, and he responded the same. After a few months, I remembered his name and searched his business name, found his number and called him to discuss boxing. I left a voice message, and the next day he called me back. We were on the phone for forty five minutes and didn't even mention boxing. He said he knew at that point that unless I had two heads or was actually a man, he knew he would marry me. A week later we met to trade at my house and here we are in the middle of the harshest lockdowns in the world in Melbourne. We met. It happens. People need to know.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I am kidding.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I can't get over this story. It's like the best story.
Speaker 2: Ever, I just you know what I love most about this what.
Speaker 3: Is how?
Speaker 1: She's like, we both just had this feeling about this restaurant of like we're infactuated with it, I know, And it's just like a restaurant having a melt.
Speaker 3: And it's like he's a boxing trainer. He it's so random for him to offer the owner of the restaurant free boxing.
Speaker 2: This whole story is random.
Speaker 3: Everything. There is no sense in this.
Speaker 1: And this is what I need you all to know. That's like me just going on agent, go for it. Don't worry about the how. The actual how is none of your business. It doesn't matter, and just don't get suck on it. Like when you have these huge, big desires, even if you're like, oh, but that could never happen because of this and that, it's like, look at it, this makes no sense.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I love That's actually such a good point. Guys, if you're ever struggling with the how, just come back to this episode and listen to this story on repeat.
Speaker 2: I just love how. Oh.
Speaker 1: I just love manifesting life and life happens for you.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: I hope this episode made you as happy as me and a tear reading all these stories. You guys are incredible. If you do have a life Happens for You story, please send it in.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, guys. I hope you enjoyed this episode. Bye.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.