Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say enough, you can't start. That's not your podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm doing it. Hello and.
Speaker 1: Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut. I'm Laura and I am joined by my favorite man, the one who I've chosen to spend my life with. Although we're not we haven't you know, we've consummated it, we're just not married.
Speaker 2: I'm going to ask you a really stupid question, what's consummate? Consummate me?
Speaker 1: I think it's the sex after the marriage got you. We did the consummating and not the marriaging.
Speaker 2: We've consummated, not enough recently, but we have done our fair share of times.
Speaker 1: Anyway. I'm Laura Burn and he his many.
Speaker 2: J My name is Matty Ja and it's great to be here, Laura. Question for you, yes, how do you feel about doing poohs in front of your partner? Oh?
Speaker 1: I mean I think you know the answer to that, since we lived together and have done poos by accident in front of each other, I would prefer not Like for me, I go to the toilet, I close the door. You quite happily come open the door to have a chat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a bit like having olives on a pizza like I preferred if they weren't there. But if they are there, then I'll eat them. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Why are you talking about eating something? No, I don't know what you mean. Actually, Matthew, please, I don't want to explain, because I'm sure there's other people listening who are equally as confused.
Speaker 2: I feel like when we first got together, one thing that we tried to not do was go to the toilet in front of one another.
Speaker 1: We also tried to not fart in front of each other, but.
Speaker 2: That quickly went out the window.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really did.
Speaker 2: But I feel like as time has progressed that rule of boundary that we set about not peeling in front of one it's slowly become quite blur.
Speaker 1: This is one hundred percent turning into a Daily Mail article, and you know what, Just so you guys understand what just happened. Before we press record, I said to Matt, oh, babe, what do you want to talk about before we get into unpacking the episodes? And Matt goes, I've got something. I've got something, And I said, how about you just let me know what that is before we start recording?
Speaker 2: Oh no, No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: And he goes, no, no, no. I'll just ask you on the podcast, and that's the question.
Speaker 2: And I take it from the tone of your voice you are thrilled by the topic. Have I done good?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You happy? Great? Thank you for opening that up. What was the actual point of the question and where did you want to go with the question?
Speaker 2: No, I just think it's funny that we haven't really sit down with one another and spoken about the fact that we are now progressing. We are now flirting, stepping over that line of pulling in front of one another.
Speaker 1: We absolutely are not you opening the door. Is the only person stepping over the line?
Speaker 3: Is you?
Speaker 1: If I close the door to go to the toilet and you come in open it to have a chat, it's all on you.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, how about the fact that I would say it's about fifty percent of the time right now that you will go to the toilet and be like, I'm not there's no time on paper. So then I open the door and I throw it to you. And I'm also like, well, whilst I'm here standing in the doorway, I may as well have a quick chat with you. And then you're like close a job.
Speaker 1: Just a big shit. Absolutely not. Can we just get into the recaps?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's coming out right there. Close the door, stop looking at me, and the next thing, the kids are in there.
Speaker 4: Fast, Get out of the fucking bathroom.
Speaker 2: This is where we're at right now.
Speaker 1: Do you wonder why we don't have sex anymore?
Speaker 2: Let's get into the episode, all right?
Speaker 1: So this week the Bachelor did is dirty again. I thought that he had seen the US end of double dumping episodes back there.
Speaker 2: With us, Thank you double dumping. I love where you're going with it. This is great. Ah.
Speaker 1: You guys remember that week where the Kinky Captain just busted out two back to back episodes and Matt and I were delirious on absolutely no sleep trying to record. Well, it's happened again, and look, I'm not happy about it. I'm not happy about it at all.
Speaker 2: What happened last week? It was the soccer match. The soccer match has completely thrown the schedule out the window and we're now feeling the brunt of it.
Speaker 1: Well. I kind of thought maybe maybe because the ratings aren't great, they were trying to speed through a few more episodes. But you just think that they're trying to catch back up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I reckon, it's all to do with the soccer, I think, But yeah, it's it's a shame, but I think what we must have? What two weeks to go? So we are now very much on the home straight. Before we know it, it'll be over and we'll be wondering who's going to be the Bachelor for next year?
Speaker 1: Wait? Is it two weeks to go or one week to go?
Speaker 2: No, it's like this week and next week. That's pretty mu it right, there's like four people going into hometowns, so then it'll be three then too. Yeah, next week is the final week.
Speaker 1: But there was a lot that happened on these episodes, and that's because there were three of them. We are unpacking episode eight, nine and ten. Jesus down Chicken, do you want to start with number eight? Episode number eight?
Speaker 2: So this date starts off with Holly, and if you cast our minds back to the last episode that we watched, she had the extra time after my degras, So I was like, well, this is going to go really well. You know, she's like got a confidence back, she's got pizaz and as soon as they get together, instantly you're like, oh my gosh, these guys have the most amazing chemistry. The conversation is just so free flowing.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought we can weave them together.
Speaker 2: Love that yeah, most of our stories yeah yeah together yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean they have a lot to talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, come on, come on, yeah. Do you reckon they're doing that on purpose?
Speaker 1: Do you remember back though, on their very first single date, how they were nervous and they used the word nervous over and over, But like, I'm so nervous? Are you never so I'm nervous? Maybe we need to put a grab in here of all the nervous times.
Speaker 2: Do you the editor? Do you reckon that they are stitching them up here? Surely? Surely? Right now?
Speaker 1: I reckon that they I think that they have this obviously nervous energy. You know how sometimes when you meet someone you've got great chemistry and like you obviously click. Even sometimes when I watch it all, when I have watched our dates back, I said, like four hundred and fifty two times, you remember, Punky made like a reel, made like a real Punky made a reel of our date, and me just repetitively saying like you.
Speaker 2: Do, say like an awful lot.
Speaker 1: Did you notice I said like that many times?
Speaker 2: I was thinking to myself, if this girl can't stop saying that word so many times, and she's going to go number two.
Speaker 1: Like it was really hard.
Speaker 2: That should have been the Jeopardy with you as cuts to you going like it's just like, I really like nice guy.
Speaker 1: It's my filler word. I can't help it, Like is my filler word? Every time I hear myself say it back on a record, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Oh I tried dating you.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Today, this state is lovely. This date is really nice.
Speaker 1: They're so lovely. Okay, they have a really nice date. It's very sentimental. There's an indigenous woman who is there. She lives off country and she is teaching brook and Holly how to weave fibers. So they've got natural fibers from Brooks country. They've got natural fibers from Holly's country, and they're gonna weave them together, their stories intertwining. When too big cover.
Speaker 2: I mean production love like a net. Here we go, alright, let me know when you're finished.
Speaker 1: They love to Maybe I'll seduce you with that later on.
Speaker 2: Will never ever ever seduce me at all.
Speaker 1: Oh well you can't say I didn't try.
Speaker 2: Goodness meek, but okay, date concept fantastic, great on paper, it's just brilliant. There's so much depth to this, As you mentioned, very sentimental. Issue is in execution, like nothing really happens. I mean, hey, let's be fair. The bracelets they make for each other, they're quite nice.
Speaker 1: Can I just say there are very few things like watching someone try and paint a picture, for example. It's a boring thing to do. It's a boring activity to watch. Watching someone make a basket is it particularly boring activity to watch? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But I think it comes down to the people. I think doesn't matter what the activity is. If the two people have great chemistry, they'll make it work and it'll be entertaining. I just don't think that Holy and Brook, whilst they're really bloody lovely together, they just don't have this incredible chemistry.
Speaker 1: Well maybe they have it, maybe they have chemistry, but the chemistry is just not entertaining chemistry to watch like. It is very pleasant, it is very lovely, but there's no banter, there's no humor, and I don't want to watch pleasant people be pleasant on TV.
Speaker 2: I'm really lucky that you came on this day. Oh okay, So the person I'm really sorry for is the indigenous woman who's teaching them to make the baskets.
Speaker 1: She's still sitting there half a meter away watching on, being like, what do I do with my hands? Right now?
Speaker 2: She's made like nine baskets. Just trying to occupy yourself while these two just tell each other how amazing they are.
Speaker 1: Well, this is what always happens though, right that there's always some instructor or somebody like the love coach or the lie detect There's always someone just standing there but really close by, watching on. They don't leave, They're there for the whole activity. It's bloody weird.
Speaker 2: So when we had that on my season, it's because I requested it.
Speaker 1: What was who was on our season? Oh? Oh the fortune Teller?
Speaker 2: That was it? That was a joke. You missed it?
Speaker 1: You wanted someone's staying in the room watching us.
Speaker 2: Yeah I didn't find that funny.
Speaker 1: I get it now.
Speaker 2: But because I'm made them watch and Laura is like, oh yeah, who did we have, Matt? Why is the gardener in the bedroom? Kiss me?
Speaker 1: We have that one poison Ivy Vine that he's there to tend anyway. Look like we said, they're incredibly pleasant. They're very complimentary to each other.
Speaker 2: I do have one complaint. What is it? No dancing? Oh holy no dancing. D reckon. She did dance and it was edited out.
Speaker 1: They are so pleasant, they are so complimentary to each other. I just want to leave you with this one little grab, which just if Holly's not there at the finish line, if she's not number two, I will eat my own shit. Wow, I fair really smitten. If I'm honest, I am Brooks Lady in Red.
Speaker 3: No one else's.
Speaker 1: Just kiss you all day. It's like, it's like kidding you, like next level. It's crazy, like a little angel. All right, we've got three episodes to get through tonight, so let's get into the group date.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: This is a bloody weird group date. Why are there three kids there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird. I think there were more than three kids.
Speaker 1: No, there were three kids.
Speaker 2: I swear there were more than just three.
Speaker 1: I only saw three.
Speaker 2: Everybody got paired up with a kid, didn't they?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Fucked? Were you watching the show? No?
Speaker 2: I glanced ove, and all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: I was on his phone for like this whole section. I thought you were taking notes. There were three kids. They're in teams, right.
Speaker 2: Got you? Got you okay? And was there any kind of background as to why there were kids there? Because we had a group date where we went to a daycare I think it was. And the reason we had the kids there is because I wanted to be a dad. So I was testing out you girls to see what you were like with kids, to see who was, you know, motherly enough to raise my children.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: Like breastfeed the children, We'll see who I can impregnate.
Speaker 1: I will never forget that group date because basically what happened was it was a kid's like daycare center. All of us girls had to go. There was like seven of us girls who were there.
Speaker 2: You were quite rude to your kids. I remember it was at one point Laura was like yanking her on her arm and the kid was crying and I was like, oh God, Laura, come on, turn this around.
Speaker 1: The starters. My kid was a boy and his name was Alix and no.
Speaker 2: So all remember our dates so well, don't I.
Speaker 1: Each kid had to choose which girl they wanted, and unfortunately, two of the children chose Leah, which meant that no child chose me. I was just the one standing at there at the end. The reason why I wasn't chosen by a child, Thank you, Matthew Johnson, is because I didn't force any of them into liking me, whereas the other girls did.
Speaker 2: Okay, you keep telling yourself that, Laura.
Speaker 1: I have a good mother.
Speaker 2: You are a very good mother, although I was concerned back in the day. Okay, today's challenge is they are going to do different kinds of races and activities with the kids to see who's not necessarily the fastest or the best, but who's having the most fun.
Speaker 1: Where did the three children come from?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: That's what I want to know, And they productions kids.
Speaker 2: I swear were five kids, Laura.
Speaker 1: There's three. It was Okay, if I'm about this, I'll also eat my own shit. No, but I'm sure there was three three teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they kind of just shoehorned in the kids into this. Yeah, didn't really Like there's always some kind of tenuous link to the activity, like the concept of a group date and like tying it back to something that's meaningful towards brook.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's usually tied back to a sponsor, and then it's tied back to Brooks. So I'm just wondering whether a daycare or someone is bringing you this episode.
Speaker 2: Because Mitsubishi kas are super family friendly, hence hence the kids. I felt really sorry for Luca because he'd been given a bit of a dud child.
Speaker 1: He just got the youngest kid who was a bit slow.
Speaker 2: Very slowly. You'd be filthy if you're Luca, wouldn't you.
Speaker 1: The other two.
Speaker 5: Teams are going so fast, but Jacob's just going on his own pace. Slow, hands, steady, Yes, Jacob, you are smashing It came back, had the biggest smile on his face. He got over the line, and you know that's all the counts.
Speaker 2: Oh God, I feel sorry for Luca, poor guy. It's been given the slowest kid out of all three or five. Let's not get into details about how many kids there were. I'm sure he just wants to get that spoon and give that child a little.
Speaker 1: Tap, a little whip, like is a little horse that was good things not weird. I don't think he can smack somebody else's kid. I don't even think he can smack your own kid anymore.
Speaker 2: No, I'm quite positive you can't. You can't.
Speaker 1: I'm glad we had that conversation right now. Anyway, do you know who would also like to get amongst the Smacking's that Millie. It's just got so weird, Millie. Millie is taking this game away too seriously. I mean, I don't blame it though.
Speaker 2: For anyone who didn't watch the episode, there's one game where everybody has a ring in front of them and they have a number of balls. You then have to run and chase get the balls from somebody else's ring and put it in your own ring. And then Millie is there like fly kicking children.
Speaker 1: There's like a little boy who's just trying to get one of the balls, and the other people are like, Milly, just let him have a ball. He gets crying in the corner because no one will play with him.
Speaker 2: Kids like can I have a ball? And Milli's like, get out of here. Kid.
Speaker 1: The whole purpose of this group date is supposed to be not about winning, so brook says, it's supposed to be about finding the joy in the game and the competition. Sure, winning is fun as long as it doesn't overshadow the spirit of the day.
Speaker 2: Okay, but not if you're Milli. If you're Milli, you can be as competitive as you want. Milly, let him get on, Milly, Milly, Milly, Millie.
Speaker 1: Let anyway.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't mind Millie's competitive streak.
Speaker 1: I feel like the editors should have just done a little sweep over this, Like there was a bit of an inconsistency happening here in regards to like how the date was supposed to play out, Like it was supposed to be about the spirit of the game. But then Brooke was saying, but it's okay if Millie's competitive, and then Kurt got the extra time because he was really good with the kids. The whole thing just didn't have very good structure. Yeah, it is what I'm going to say.
Speaker 2: It was messy, and I want to put blame on Asher as well, who was mediating this game. He should have stepped in, I mean, want to be fair. He was trying to give people like ten second penalties, which didn't really have any effect at all.
Speaker 1: Well, he was the referee, but he's also just usher. But I want to ask, how much do you think this date would have cost?
Speaker 2: Oh like five grand five.
Speaker 1: Thousand dollars for what it was two haula hoops and ten balls.
Speaker 2: Put an e and spoon rays. He put me on the spot. They had had to hire the field, didn't they. So that's going to be a couple of grand Okay, maybe maybe three hundred bucks if that two hundred bucks from cam Ut.
Speaker 1: Well it's a good thing that no one's watching, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Why do you ask?
Speaker 1: Because, like, I mean, what happened? What happened to the budgets? What happened to like the grandiose states? Where are they Bachelor? We missed them? Where's my helicopter?
Speaker 2: Yeah there was, Yeah, there's my boat. It was lacking, definitely. Do people really want that? Do they want to watch that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They do want to watch that, don't they.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that's exactly what people want to watch. Otherwise you can just go down to the soccer field and watch a couple of people kick a ball around.
Speaker 2: I guess what they are still doing though, which is nice is that after you know, the group date, they do have that extended session. So this time it was Kurt, so he gets to have like a little sit down. They have a beautiful setup in a cushions a seat. They're wening crystal glasses and some wine.
Speaker 1: Like that's exactly what they always do after every date on The Bachelor.
Speaker 2: That's impressive, was it not?
Speaker 6: Not really?
Speaker 1: Nah, just like cute intimacy time, but Kirk got the extra time after the group date.
Speaker 2: Tim two point oh? Who would have thought that Tim two point would have been good with kids?
Speaker 1: He's actually like a little closet sweetheart. I love Tim two point oh. He's better than the Tim one point oh.
Speaker 2: Who I completely agree?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Timm, if you're listening, you're definitely not listening.
Speaker 2: He does get quite nervous, though, don't you think when he gets a loane time with Brooke? Bless his cotton.
Speaker 1: Socks for somebody who is quite quiet and reserved when it's in the group date setting. He definitely doesn't hold back when he is on one on one time. Brooke just wanted to She wanted to the surface a little bit more, because realistically, Tim two point zero and Brook have not spent very much time together. They've probably had the least amount of time out of everyone so far.
Speaker 2: Has he had a single date.
Speaker 1: I think he's only had a group extension.
Speaker 2: Ah, he's gone yeah, see mate, dead man walking to your thoughts on marriage?
Speaker 3: I do want to get married. I want my partner to know that I'm in it for her, and I'm in it because you know, I want to be there for everything that goes wrong. I want to be there for everything that goes wrong, and I want her to know that I'm truly in love with her. And I know you don't need probably manage to do that. But you know, things like your vows I think are pretty special.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you think at this point Brook is just sitting there like fucking please stop speaking?
Speaker 2: No, no, in that position, it's great because you're really exhausted. You've had a really long, hard day. So to sit down with somebody who can just talk and talk and talk and talk. Ah, it's great.
Speaker 1: It's like she's like, what are your thoughts on marriage expecting? Like, oh, yeah, I love to get married one day and settled out and have some kids. And then Tim two point oho dives into a five minute monologue that production had to cuts. They were like, we don't have enough time. We've got one hour for this episode.
Speaker 2: No, that's the dream, because you know those sit downs are only like ten or fifteen minutes maybe twenty minutes at the most. So if Tim two point oh just eats up all that time answering two questions, it's game over. Then you get to go home and go to bed.
Speaker 1: But he seems like genuinely so into Brook at this point of time, like he seems like he's really invested. But they've had no time. Yeah, you don't reckon he is.
Speaker 2: Nah, I'm not feeling it, you know, not feeling it at or sorry Tim two point oh, Hey, this cocktail party, very stressful situation, Laura. Everyone's quite high strung.
Speaker 1: Or where Krening or karning? Which one?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: Careering?
Speaker 1: Careering? Orkrening careering? Are they not interchangeable?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Cool, all right, let's google that. After this, they are heading eight four hometowns, so everyone's bringing out the big guns of big stops.
Speaker 2: You will, Yeah, okay, let's roll with. Everybody was pulling out all the stops to try and press Brook to get the final single date. Who do you think was the most impressive. Let's just remind everybody that Luca I.
Speaker 1: Really enjoy this. Because Matt rechecked back into the episode at this point and started taking notes, so he knows exactly what happened.
Speaker 2: This is the only part of the episode I've paid close attention to. All Right, So Laura, let's go through everybody. Luca had a model jet plane and also some picks.
Speaker 1: What was the jet plane supposed to represent?
Speaker 2: Because their date was on a jet plane? Yeah, and you have a go with me for not paying attention Jesus so.
Speaker 1: Long in the past. I mean, Luke, we all know Luca's going home and what.
Speaker 2: Was the jet plane meaning? Because that's what they flew on on their first date. Okay, So Millie had sang Gria because she has Spanish, you know, family heritage.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised she didn't bring the paramount logo and a key ring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that one. Jamie Lee writes a letter.
Speaker 1: Oh Jamie Lee, give up Skiver.
Speaker 2: She just pouring out heart and soul into every little interaction that she has with Brooks.
Speaker 1: She really is, isn't she? Like every single time she gets to spend five minutes with brook she's just like, please love me, the poor thing. But like, she's done a letter. The opening night was a letter. She's made a photo album, she's written another letter. Like I just feel like if Brook doesn't know how Jamie Lee feels. Yet there isn't no ambiguity around how Jamie Lee feels. Brook is well and truly aware. But you know when you get I mean like, I'm sure everybody's experienced this, but where you kind of like someone like you think like, oh, exploring, like how this is going to be, But then they come on so strong and so hard that you're like, wow, it's a bit too much. Do you don't feel like it's happened to you?
Speaker 2: Do you think Jamie Lee is the stage five? Then?
Speaker 1: Oh, do you think she's getting stage five edit a little bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she's like a low key stage five, like just.
Speaker 1: Like a chill stage because I stage four, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Stage three and a half. Let's let's be fair. Whenever I watched Jamie Lee, I do really think like I'm rooting for her.
Speaker 1: I am, But I also continuously asked the question of like, why didn't you just send her a text message in the outside world, like you know how the Bachelor series works. Why did you wait until she was on the show to apply through producers to get on a show again to then tell your friend that you love your friend? Couldn't you have just done that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, I completely agree my text. Let's talk about Will, the guy the mustache. A lot of people probably don't know.
Speaker 1: Who Will is. Will is very ripped, ripped Will, but he gave a ring. Will was the intruder. He's extremely ripped, has very little body fat, and I think it rings any bells. I think there we go very irrelevant. I mean, he's got a mustache. You've got a mustache.
Speaker 2: I think he said a total of about eight words so far across the season.
Speaker 1: It's not surprising that he goes home tonight Conrad.
Speaker 2: Conrad also gives jewelry.
Speaker 1: Also not surprising, Conrad has great painted nails tonight though boy girl colors. They have a cute little conversation about how many kids they want love that, whether they're going to call them, all that sort of stuff. I like Conrad, I mean, he's my favorite now.
Speaker 2: And David. He organizes the delivery of some flowers, but he doesn't give them himself. He gets like one of the weight staff to deliver it anonymously.
Speaker 1: I feel like it makes it very easy when everybody else has already done some sort of like thing. Every other person's gotten up and done some gesture, and then David's the only one who hasn't, But then an anonymous bunch of flowers rocks up. It also seems that David has completely forgotten the point of the Bachelor. He's forgotten how this whole thing works.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to get you something.
Speaker 6: I feel like you've been giving us everything.
Speaker 2: You've been taking him on dates, You've been giving roses. Okay, do you know what my gripe is, Laura with the flowers and Darvid what it's the fact that he wouldn't have had to do anything, anything at all, to organize the delivery of these flowers. Like all he would have had to have done is go to production and say I want a big bouquet of flowers. Production would have said, we have two hundred dollars to spend. He would have said, great.
Speaker 1: Make them a white bunch with a bit of green in it. That is it.
Speaker 2: There is nothing romantic about that at all.
Speaker 1: Do you know it's so funny that you say this and so for anybody like so that you know kind of how these things work. Anything that you want brought into a cocktail party or any sort of like activity that you want to do with the Bachelor or the bachelorette. You have to organize it through production because you don't have the you don't have access to the internet. It's not like David was just getting up on like flowers now on same day delivery, like he couldn't he couldn't order them. So I think what's happened at this cocktail party is that the contestants have been told that they have to organize an activity, that every single one of them had to show up with something ready to go. That was like the purpose of the cocktail party. And so when you think about it, out of all of them, David kind of did the least, like having a bunch of flowers rock up that's been put together by an external company, that's been all by production. On your behalf, it's the least amount of effort out of everybody else, Like Jamie Lee wrote a letter that takes time that's heartfelt's and getting like a necklace with a rose on it or whatever it was that Conrad gave, like all of the other things had a little bit more sentimentality to it. And then he's dark and he's like, oh, yeah, we had a five got some flowers.
Speaker 2: He didn't even run a card with his name on it.
Speaker 1: It was just like anonymous yeah, from a secret admirer. Anyway, Davia got the rose, he got the next single date coming up.
Speaker 2: Can you tell we're a bit bitter about it? Doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: I'm like a I'm a Conrad convert. That's why I know.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Whenever Conrad doesn't get extra time or a date, I'm there like flipping the coffee table, I'm throwing glasses against the wall. I'm annoyed.
Speaker 1: I also just think like Conrad's a little bit of a sulker, Like if he doesn't get a date with Brook or if someone else gets chosen, he like he just like low key sulks. But it's kind of cute.
Speaker 2: He's like a sad little puppy that you just want to cuddle. Let's talk about the fact that Luca went home, which I thought was quite surprising.
Speaker 1: I didn't I wasn't vibing them together. I kind of thought Will and Luc are going home. I'm not surprised.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, the reason why I find it surprising we didn't buy it. But at the same time, when they had their single date, Rooke was like, oh my god, I see such a future with him. He's so incredible. I can't wait to see where this goes. And then a week later he's.
Speaker 1: Gone, no, we know that intruders never win.
Speaker 2: We said that, we said that they never do, and Ripped Will also went.
Speaker 1: Home absolutely no surprise to anyone after seven words. Let's get into episodes. Okay, episode number nine now, episode number nine, Oh, the cheeky little Devil's try and throw a spanner in the works with us here, and by that, they're shaking things up and mixing it down because we don't have a single date to start. We're starting with a group date.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that this is a point that you really focused on.
Speaker 1: Like everything else has been so boring, so the change was really refreshing for me.
Speaker 2: It didn't mean anything to me, and you grab me and you're like, oh my gosh. I was thinking, what is it, Laura. They started this episode.
Speaker 1: On a group date, so they're really trying to do something for the ratings here quick.
Speaker 2: What can we do flip the dates around?
Speaker 1: Well, they've gotten rid of the date cards and instead of the date cards, we'll just mix the dates up anyway. This group date, we're doing a live drawing class, because if basketmaking wasn't boring enough, watching some people draw someone certainly is. So Brook is going to be the life model. She is the one who's going to be nude sitting there whilst everybody sits around her and paints. But they're going deep, like they do in every episode at the moment, they're getting really conceptual.
Speaker 2: Because they're not painting Brook literally, they're painting what she represents inside and out.
Speaker 1: It's a metaphor for who Brook is.
Speaker 2: Getting deep so okay.
Speaker 1: The one thing about this is that Brook is very nervous about being naked in front of all of the contestants.
Speaker 2: Well was didn't She just so nervous There was there was a point where the makeup artist came out, gave her a little touch up, parted her on the nose. She goes, Brookie, Brookie, you're gonna be okay, and then Brooke says, yeah, the nerves are really starting to show.
Speaker 1: So I at this point thought that she must be getting a little bit more bound.
Speaker 2: She got well where yeah, I thought she was going to go full nude.
Speaker 1: Like full nude, that's what live drawing is, full nude.
Speaker 2: Like Kiaren Stott that times. Remember, yes, he came in, someone.
Speaker 1: Bring back Kiri. I never thought i'd say that, fuck, can someone give him the call up? Where's he when you need him?
Speaker 2: So she did it quite tastefully.
Speaker 1: She wasn't nude. She was wrapped in a bed like literally in like a king sized doner.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 2: She was quite covered up, wasn't she, Which is like, which.
Speaker 1: Is fine totally, but I mean, like, I think that it was very much hammed up. I would say that Brook has worn less two cocktail parties than what she has worn at the live drawing cloth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean a mini skirt is more revealing than that.
Speaker 1: Honestly, the only thing that you could see for anybody, if you haven't seen the episode and you're relying on us to recap, the only thing that you could see of Brook was her shoulder, her declotage, the colotage declotage, and you could see part of her back. So it was kind of like the drape sheet red thing like Saturin. It was very paint me like one of your French girls, but it was extremely modest, Like, I don't think it was very revealing at all. Do you know that I once did live drawing. Did you really like I was the live model in the live drawing class.
Speaker 2: I've always wanted to know, like how long do you have to stand or sit there? Like average time?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 1: How are you not more shocked? How was your question?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Oh, how long did you have to sit there for? Like did you know this?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't, Well I knew that you did art at UNI, so just assumed the artist had nude Yeah, well kind of.
Speaker 1: So what happened was is like I'm like, I'm like upset that you didn't ask for a questions.
Speaker 2: Oh, I want to know how you know I'm getting there? Okay, how long?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 2: Well, god, Laura, that is that is crazy? Oh my goodness, I had no idea. We've never spoken about this before.
Speaker 1: They don't pay you much. I only got paid one hundred and fifty dollars. It wasn't worth it.
Speaker 2: One hundred and fifty dollars. And why did you want to do it?
Speaker 1: Because I used to do live drawing classes Like that's that's guys, this is going back a very long time ago. I was an artist. That's where I thought I wanted to be. And I moved to bar and Bay and I was very poor. Yeah, I was studying to do live drawing. That was my course I was doing. And it's really hard to find people who will be live models, and so we were always short of live models for our classes, and all the other classes were always short with models. So people who were doing the course would also live model for other other courses in the area.
Speaker 2: Oh great, great, yeah, And how long would you have to sit there or stand there? Would sit or stand? What's normal?
Speaker 1: You can do? I mean you do you change positions, So it depends on if they're doing like a painting, it can be a longer period, so like how long, Well, like usually no more than an hour, an hour and a half. Oh that's fine, Yeah, it's not like you're sitting there order, But I mean some do, some go for way longer than that. But ours were like an hour and a half and they were usually like more quick drawings, so you would change positions every like few minutes, and they would do like a quick sketch. There's more like fluid movement drawings.
Speaker 2: Okay, question.
Speaker 1: I like that we've gotten into this. This is going back like fifteen years ago for me, guys, and I really like have suppress these memories.
Speaker 2: Did anybody at any point like stare too much and you're like, I know that you finished your painting there, buddy.
Speaker 1: And spuriously masturbating next to the hezel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did they ever happen?
Speaker 1: No, it was surprisingly didn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, No one flashing themselves. Well, that's nice. It's always a bit, I guess in that situation if someone is flashing themselves, it'd be disappointing, wouldn't it.
Speaker 1: It's so unsexual, Like it's so unsexy and like you're not doing erotic poses. Like it's very demure.
Speaker 2: So it's not like your legs behind your head if anything.
Speaker 1: You're just sitting there nude, like it was a man with my legs on the myad, thank you, thank you for that. You're just sitting there nude. You're just sitting and then and like everything's closed, like you're.
Speaker 2: Like, paint me all right, fuckers, let's get it done.
Speaker 1: I wasn't in a porno okay, daily mail.
Speaker 2: Fuck normally in that environment, Laura, is it exciting? What's the mood? Like it is?
Speaker 1: If you were going to be someone sitting observing people live draw you would probably assume it is the most boring thing in the world.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so kind.
Speaker 1: Of sets the tone day, doesn't it. No one's talking, no one's laughing.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a really great piece of TV is when no one is talking and no one is laughing.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is certainly not going to do anything for their ratings, is it.
Speaker 2: How did production think that this is going to be a good idea? Well?
Speaker 1: I mean, to be fair, it seems like this was all Brooks idea. This was actually my idea. It came from a bit of a dream that I had.
Speaker 2: All right, So what she's trying to say is this one is my idea. Unlike every other date that has been organized by production.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? The one standout though for this date was like, nobody's talking and then Tim two point zero Kurt Kurk. He just punctuates the silence with, hey, how do you make the color gray? And then Holly's sitting there and she goes, it's black and white? Like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: It's kind of confusing me. You know, I need the basic one oh one art painting lesson where it's like, you know, this is green, this is red green and red make yellow?
Speaker 1: So not only is This a very revealing group date for Brook. We see more of Brook than what we ever had. It's also a very revealing group date for Kurt. We finally realized that the guy's color blind.
Speaker 2: Okay, no surprise here, though, that Conrad is an absolute standout.
Speaker 1: Well, he has the unfair advantage. It turns out that both of his parents are artists, so he kind of you would expect something a little bit more conceptual and deep from him.
Speaker 2: Well, I was expecting something a bit more professional from Conrad, like I don't want to shit on his paintings. But it was pretty messy, don't you think, And like the turtle, like what there's and the adoptive child was a star.
Speaker 1: That was good. Okay, No, I love the concept. I'm like ten out of ten for conceptualization, Like this was great from Conrad. The meaning behind it had great purpose, but the execution they really tried to drum it up as though this was like an Archibald entry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, I was expecting something stunning incredible, But I mean, Conrad, I still love the guy, but I just don't think his heart was that impressive. Although Brook she was in tears.
Speaker 1: Brook's always in tears from pries on every date.
Speaker 2: Don't you think it was weird that when everybody had to sit down revealed with their painting, the rest of the group date watched on in a separate room.
Speaker 1: It's I wonder if Brook was aware, Like Brook would have known right that everybody else was watching? Or would she have not known that everybody else was watching?
Speaker 2: No, I think she would have known. I reckon, she must have, but it was I mean, it would be weird to watch Conrad and Brook interacting like that and Brooks literally in tears at the side of Conrad's picture of her.
Speaker 1: I do remember back on our season one of the group dates towards the end, we had to We were at this like old mansion in the back of Dover Heights and the girls had to write. I can't remember if it was writing a letter or it was something. It was something that was very vulnerable, and we had to sit in a room and watch each other present that letter. Like I didn't have to do it because I was already out, so yeah, anyway, but we had to watch everybody else do it. I think what production we're trying to get out of us was like a little bit of cattiness or a little bit of I can't believe they did that or said that, But it's really intimidating watching someone who you're friends with talk about all that yet out totally. It's like, it really shakes your your belief in what you have make. It shakes your belief in your connection that you have with the bachelor of Bachelorette. So I feel like when everybody was watching Brook with David or Brook with Holly and how Holly and her were holding hands and really caressing each other, and then how she cried with Conrad, it would have been very unnerving to people like Tim two point oh or Jamie Lee who don't seem to have as strong connections.
Speaker 2: Tim twopono comes in with his finger painting, being like, here you go, here's my picture for you. Brooks like, thanks, buddy, see ya.
Speaker 1: Actually it was actually pretty good. Wait what did you do? No, no, no, no, no, I forgot I thought for a second his was David's, which was like when you walk into a room it turns to full color. That was Darvid, not Tim two point oh. Unsurprisingly, though, Conrad gets the extra time, and now this extra time with Conrad, Oh, the wheels are fallen off.
Speaker 2: The wagon, mate, just when I thought he could do no wrong.
Speaker 1: Basically, Conrad and Brook, their connections seems so unshakable and so strong right now. And Conrad is just this. He is this sensitive, emotional strong man. He's so oh, he's so duplicious. There's so much going on with him.
Speaker 2: I love it all right, settle down, Laura, However, I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Know that you're a Conrad. You're taken with Abby Chatfield, and I'm also taken with Mad Maddie j You're a beautiful man. I think you're gonna be fine when Brooke breaks your heart. There's gonna be plenty of women waiting and lining up for you.
Speaker 2: The one question that really trips him up is when Brooke asks what's the future going to look like? Together?
Speaker 1: And I guess for Conrad it's because he has just entered into this really transient time in his life. Like he explains that he's quit his job as a carpenter, which I think is alarming to Brook because when he came into the house, he was like, Hey, let's make a love seat. I'm a carpenter. Even the little thing, the little bio at the bottom of the screen was like Carpenter Conrad thirty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now he's like, I fucking hate Carree.
Speaker 1: I'm jobless. Like sorry, I'm just figuring some shit out like I was when I was in my twenties.
Speaker 2: And how old is he?
Speaker 1: He's thirty one?
Speaker 2: Okay. Do you think that's a red flag that a thirty one year old has quit their job with no real sense of direction as to where they're going to head next.
Speaker 1: That was a big complex question. I think it depends on what you want as the person getting into the relationship. Like if I was where I am now in life, and I obviously I mean like pre kids and stuff, but if I wanted to meet someone settle down, start a family and all that stuff, and I was genuinely like, I am looking for my life partner because I want to settle down, have kids, progress my life. Like if that's what I was faced with when we met.
Speaker 2: Then it's not aligned.
Speaker 1: I would have been like, I can't be with someone who is at a point in their life where they want to go and figure out who they are and what they want to be, because I'm like, I need someone who kind of knows that so we can hit the ground running, don't you think. Ye, So I understand why Brooks a little bit like, Okay, well what does this mean for us? And I also don't think that she's saying you need to know everything right now, But I guess she just kind of wants a little bit of clarity. And unfortunately, I think that that may be one thing that Conrad. I'm a very like logical and pretty real person.
Speaker 2: So for me, like, I'm just trying to picture what Conrad and Brooks life and looks like.
Speaker 4: So well, I don't think chasing materialistic things is going to give me fulfillment and happiness, right, Yeah, I don't know. But making other people happy makes me really happy. So if I can use that to generate an income, awesome.
Speaker 2: I think that I can get FUFILM in that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, imagine being on the Bachelor. Imagine being on the Bachelor, quitting your job to go on a reality TV show to become a reality TV star. And someone says, I'm just don't know how I'm going to generate an income doing something that might make people happy.
Speaker 2: I mean, I wonder what it could be. What do you think he's going to do with his own I mean, come on, Conrad, just say it like it is.
Speaker 1: He's going to be an influencer and he's got.
Speaker 2: Influencer written all over it, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Or he's going to be a clown he could like, yes, hey, let's not judge too quick. Now, what else could he do that would make people happy and generating an income? Not that influencing makes people happy, but like you know, we're addicted to social media, and social media makes us happy. So, like you know, maybe in some weird roundabout way.
Speaker 2: Maybe he wants to be a massuse.
Speaker 1: Non material makes people happy, generates an income.
Speaker 2: No, he wants to be an influencer.
Speaker 1: Maybe he wants to be a tantric sex instructor.
Speaker 2: He wants to be an influencer. Let's let's not beat around the bush.
Speaker 1: I just think maybe maybe we will see Conrad influencing people to buy things that make them happy.
Speaker 2: Way, I will literally buy anything that that guy is going to promote to me, whether it's teeth whitening, hair removal, you name it, I'll buy it. I don't care.
Speaker 1: Do you know what he's probably insinuating. He's going to start selling happy skin coat laser hair removal, like all the influences.
Speaker 2: He's like, if any brands out there are listening and want to make other people.
Speaker 1: Happy, happybag, happy Kinko. Anyway, this episode is absolutely not brought to you by them.
Speaker 2: Obviously, Conrad's story had to take a turn at some point, and so here we have it that mass jeopardy that really does confirm the fact that he is going to be number three.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. I'm gunning for Conrad to be number three. Let's get into the single date, which is with David. David, we already knew. Okay, they're lovely pleasant again, There's so much pleasant stuff going on in these episodes. I just want a little bit of a shakeup. I know, Okay, this is really bad to say. I know it's everything is very politically correct, and I don't want anything to be wildly offensive. But I just want a bit of like someone to do something wrong so we can all get angry about it and then there's something to talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's no one's really rocked the boat at all. And this date, hey, look it was it was nice.
Speaker 1: But it was you know, I mean it was just a copy of Abby chat Phil and mad Agne a date where they went and squid some grapes out in the.
Speaker 2: Field exactly the same buckets as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean production still had them in the art department, so they just whipped them out and got some grapes from Wolaves.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a bit much when you started fingering Brook though, And if you don't know what I'm talking about, have a listen to this.
Speaker 1: For the record, in case anyone's unsure there.
Speaker 2: Was no fingering on this date.
Speaker 1: I mean, we don't know. It probably was. That was definitely darvid and Brook's feet just sinking into a couple of grapes, making some good old table grapes into wine. H love that it was Actually made me feel uncomfortable when they did the close up shot of the grapes and all of the juice and their feet. I was like, oh, I felt like I was in it, like I was in my mouth. I kind of liked it, you would, do you know who else liked it?
Speaker 2: Who's that Brookie?
Speaker 1: Okay, I stitched him up, but it was an excuse to get nuts in close for them and maybe see his food.
Speaker 2: Who would have thought Brooke having a foot fetish?
Speaker 1: I mean I wouldn't have picked it but good for her.
Speaker 2: Did David have nice feet? I didn't get a good glimpse.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think anyone has nice feet, particularly not me.
Speaker 2: Should we talk about your feet for a second, I mean, I don't want to put you on the spot.
Speaker 1: Hey how about you tell everyone about my feet? What's wrong with them?
Speaker 2: Matt? You nothing is wrong with your feet, except you say.
Speaker 1: I have sausage toes.
Speaker 2: They're like little chip chippilatachipp lata toes. They're so like small and fat. But one thing that you do, one thing that you do constantly. I don't know why this is, but constantly your pinky toe the nail is ripped off and it's bleeding always, like I would say ninety percent of the time. Like I remember yesterday I looked at your toes and both left and right foot pinky toe missing a nail and dried blood was there. And I looked at you and I said, hey, Laura, what happened? And you're like, I don't know. I hit some stuff.
Speaker 1: It's I think my little toe sticks out on a weird angle because I catch lips everything.
Speaker 2: Those poor toes. Honestly, those pinkies have been through enough.
Speaker 1: But also my toenails are like split in half, Like my pinky toenails is split in half, so like half the nail. It's like I've always got a perpetual hangnail. It's really not okay. I'm so glad that you didn't take me into a wine buck and I kept my feet unto wraps for.
Speaker 2: So long drinking that wine with crusty blood and toenail mixed in delicious.
Speaker 1: Oh man, look, okay, let's get back to the date for two seconds.
Speaker 2: Like, no, nothing else happened, nothing else happens.
Speaker 1: They're so pleasant, exactly like what a wine do we keep talking about this? They're so pleasant, everything is pleasant, but they're also so boring.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, let's let's wrap it up, and it's gonna be darvied. Yeah, it's gonna be darvied cocktail party. Interesting that Conrad Paul's brooke aside.
Speaker 1: Obviously he probably didn't she pulled him aside because you weren't watching.
Speaker 2: Let's not get bogged down in the details. But obviously at some point I reckon Conrad did some self reflection, probably thought to himself, Oh, I've really put my foot in it with that answer about what the future is going to look.
Speaker 1: Like, because like I probably should try and imply that I have a job. Yea, that I'm employed, But.
Speaker 2: Laura, he digs a hole even deeper.
Speaker 4: I think a future with me would be like, you know, we get up early, we go for runs, or if you wanted to sleep in, and I'd have your coffee ready for you because I'm up at four thirty five, but I won't wake you. I'll just get your coffee, Kim.
Speaker 1: Okay, if some guy said to me I have no job and I get up at four thirty am this morning, holy shit, you are not my soulmate.
Speaker 2: That's a nightmare.
Speaker 1: And look, this is okay. I know there's gonna be some people who are listening to this and they're like, don't judge people who don't have jobs. I get it, it's mostly a joke, but I also don't want to be with someone who gets up at four thirty every single morning. Who the fuck wants to do that, especially if he's not going to a job.
Speaker 2: God, Conrad, what are you doing? Mate?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I honestly thought I thought Conrad was going to go this episode and Kevin's he stayed.
Speaker 1: How was Brook's reaction cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, She's like, fuck that no chance. Pal.
Speaker 1: He's like, don't worry. I won't wake you up though, I'll make you a coffee, Like just fuck. And then she's like, so this is a weekend, and if we're gonna lay in bed, if it's a raining because it rains lots in Melbourne, like, fu, Conrad, how much time are you gonna spend in bed?
Speaker 2: What a nightmare? Anyway, Conrad survive and absolutely no surprise to anyone. We say goodbye to Millie and Tim two point zero aka Kurt.
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 1: Tim didn't seem too sad about it.
Speaker 2: He took it like a chance, didn't he.
Speaker 1: It's also when you're in that environment, they try and make it seem like you're never gonna see the bachelor or bachelorette again. They're like, once you leave, that's it.
Speaker 2: There, You're gone.
Speaker 1: You'll never contact them, see them the world, like your connection with them is over.
Speaker 2: Tim doesn't buy into that. Oh maybe told you all right. That is the end of that episode, And.
Speaker 1: Now it's for hometowns. Break it out down to the hometown chicken.
Speaker 2: It's a home goodness.
Speaker 1: Two glasses of one now and I'm just this more minute.
Speaker 2: The thing is, you're actually not a bad singer just on here, But when you do that hometown jive, goodness.
Speaker 1: Me, what like a hometown giant? Oh?
Speaker 2: Here we go again?
Speaker 1: Do you know what? We haven't actually watched this episode yet because we are a little bit behind, so we have to go watch it now and then make some notes. All right, we'll come back and then come back, give us five and finish the heps. It's going to be a long night. Sorry, I might have a couple more ones. Episode ten. We did it. We're exhausted, a little bit devastated. To be honest, MAYJ, how are you feeling well?
Speaker 2: I think I don't think we should say what happened? No, we should no save it for the end, otherwise people will stop listening. If we say the ending right now, then who the hell is going to want to stay on and hear the rest of the episode.
Speaker 1: You do realize that this comes out on a Friday, and anybody who's opened the Daily mail or any news article will know who went home tonight.
Speaker 2: No, because a lot of people, Honestly, I'm telling you a lot of people listen to this podcast and they don't watch the show, and they might miss the articles that come out, so the only way they're informed is from us. I'm telling you honestly, it.
Speaker 1: Was Conrad and we are gonna riot. I have my pitchfork ready. I'm a little bit sleepy and a little bit drunk, but I will write it anyway into the streets. Let's go, Maddie Jay.
Speaker 2: It didn't make any sense because his hometown, I think was one of the best.
Speaker 1: Oh, can we just take a moment his dad to stand maybe a moment of silence for his dad, who was the actually the best character on this entire season.
Speaker 2: No, hang on, he was the best parent we've ever had in the history of The Bachelor ever.
Speaker 1: A little bit quirky, a little bit cute, just a little bit quirky, just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Let me check the chin chair, my bear. Sit down. I'm going to find my glasses. They're here somewhere. I've lost him. If we can get my glasses now, Oh look, I'll leave it. Forget the glasses. I focus dad, This is Brooke said, what.
Speaker 1: HELLOK to me? Brook?
Speaker 2: It's great to see you.
Speaker 1: It's sort of been Auld have had a focus fashion.
Speaker 2: I'm getting my glasses.
Speaker 1: Hang on, oh you, oh gorgeous Brook, Look it's you.
Speaker 2: I got to apologize for not combing my hands. All right. His dad is definitely more than a little bit quirky. But the next part, the next part was a little bit shook.
Speaker 1: Shook her to the core.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't expect him to be so in touch with his emotions as well. Like I I cry at the sight of a man crying like nothing else.
Speaker 1: You cry at the sight of a man crying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird if I see If I see a man crying, that makes me cry.
Speaker 1: What about if you see a woman crying?
Speaker 2: Nah, it's not for me, they give Yeah.
Speaker 1: What if you see a child crying? Yeah, or lolla crying, pretty good at cheating that one out.
Speaker 2: Actually take actually, and then the older that man gets, then the hearder that cry hits me.
Speaker 1: So if it's like a six year old boy, you're like, it's fine. But if it's an eighty year old man, you're right, it's pretty true. Actually, not the whole man thing. Any older person crying gets me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, after seventy it reaches a limit, Like you know, seventy eighty ninety, It makes some difference. Seventy is like the bar. Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was deep. Thank you for that, Matt. There's probably some weird misogyny things that we need to unpack there.
Speaker 2: But anyway, but it was a really beautiful moment with Conrad's dad. It really was.
Speaker 1: I think this was the best, the most raw and honest hometown and conversation that we've ever seen from a contestant's parent.
Speaker 2: Ever. It hurting horribly.
Speaker 6: It was so much into that predist relationship and it was blown out of the water.
Speaker 2: And I mean seriously, he chucked his whole heart and soul into it.
Speaker 6: And sorry, he got his theories stumble me, but I fell.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry for him.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Kookie, and stupid his father is. But you're all right, Roger, Okay, I made a bow tie. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is he's a wonderful man. He'd be a great catch.
Speaker 1: I love him to death.
Speaker 2: I would do any for my son, I really would.
Speaker 1: I can't speak. I was literally in tears, couldn't see through my tears, Missca running down my face, not dripping out of my nose, crying along with Conrad's day.
Speaker 2: I literally had a single tear.
Speaker 1: It's not true.
Speaker 2: You were like, I could barely breathe.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what happened for the rest of the episode. I cried through it. It's not true, but there was a very good moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was beautiful, but at the same time, not a lot happened. They didn't really put They didn't really put Brook on the spot.
Speaker 1: I wonder if the fact that it's over Zoom had something to do with that as well, because I feel like when you're face to face, it's like almost a whole day, like you have so many so much time when you're face to face. They couldn't have sat on a Zoom call for four hours, like when we had my hometowns. My hometowns. When you came to my hometown, it was like four hours with my family, I think, or five hours. It was like the whole morning, come on you, it wouldn't end. It was terrible. Her whole family was there. Now I have to see them all the time.
Speaker 2: Also the fact that I think his dad and I'm not trying to be funny here had some bad hearing, so maybe it was really difficult for them to have an in depth conversation about their relationship. Given that he struggled on Zoom.
Speaker 1: Well, I think there was probably more to it. I don't think that his dad would have gone from like quirky, funny guy into crying that instantly, Like they obviously had more of conversation and more connection. We're just seeing like we're seeing the highlight reel here, no surprise to anyone. But also I mean, as we know that the one piece of Jeopardy from the past episode with Conrad is this conversation around him not being super clear with what he wants to do for a career. I guess like it's it's the ambiguity around Korea that seems to be his big jeopardy.
Speaker 2: Like not to sit on Conrad for longer than we need to. But obviously he leaves at the end of this episode.
Speaker 1: Give a spoiler away again, Maddy Jake.
Speaker 2: Sorry, but like, I don't think that Jeopardy was enough to warrant him leaving.
Speaker 1: Well not when we get into the jeopardy that comes with Holly later on. We can get into that, ok can Let's get into that later, okay, j Ley. It's all pleasant, isn't it. Like, Look, Jamie Lee brings her friends instead of her bringing her parents. Which is always an interesting choice. When you don't bring your family members you bring your friends to hometown.
Speaker 2: Why do you think that's interesting?
Speaker 1: I think it's probably maybe it's multifaceted. It could be that the parents don't want to be involved on a show. I don't know. It could be that they're not wanting because it's it's a whole other level to introduce your potential partner to your family than what it is to introduce your potential partner to your mate.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think when you go to hometown's, when you're not meeting the actual family, like for example, Florence, I met her friends, I feel like the grilling that the questions that you get asked aren't anywhere near as intense, like the question of a mother or father about their child and the potential heartbreak that has so much more weight behind it. So I think I think when it's just friends, it's a lot less intense.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I guess also the other thing on that, like you're as a new potential p to someone like you so desperately want your partner's family to like you like you you really want, like you know, I remember when I met your mum, Like I want your mom to like me, and of course I want your friends to like me too, But my I care more about what your mum thinks about me than what your friends think about me. That makes sense. I mean, of course they care about what everyone thinks about me. But I just think there's that little bit of extra pressure when it comes to someone's parents or family verse one or two friends. I mean, most people have multiple friends or close contacts. Oh, for sure, those contacts. We're doing a COVID screening.
Speaker 2: But Jamie Lee's friends, they did ask a couple of tough questions.
Speaker 3: So are you dating three others?
Speaker 2: Mm?
Speaker 1: Hm oh okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: It's quite concerning to me to hear the fact that Brook is dating two other guys and another girl.
Speaker 1: It's very clear that d Brook's friend has maybe never watched The Bachelor before or isn't quite sure how hometowns work. She seems very surprised, very surprised.
Speaker 2: Why are there cameras here?
Speaker 1: Why are you dating three other people now? And also the questioning around like, if Jamie Lee was to tell you that she loved you, what would you say? You can't say anything, can you, Matt? Like at this point, at hometowns. If I had said to you, Matt, I love you, what could you have said back to me?
Speaker 2: I would have just wrapped up that conversation with a kiss.
Speaker 1: But what can you say? Like, what's the actual rules?
Speaker 2: There aren't really any rules. Like it's not like Osha sits you down and says, okay, rule number seven of being the Bachelor. But I guess it's maybe she's explained it in a less direct way by your producer that you do have to keep your cards. You do have to keep your cards close to your chest to a certain degree. Like if you were to say I love you, I'm not going to say I love you back, but I would say something along the lines of I really appreciate you opening up so much to me, And I would maybe say and I feel like we have such a strong connection, Like I'm definitely on the same page.
Speaker 1: There is nothing more deflating than saying to someone I am falling in love with you and them saying thank you. Cute, But anyway, Jamie Lee does not say I love you in this She doesn't even say I'm falling in love with you. She says the most awkward thing you could say.
Speaker 2: It was beautiful. It was just like, I mean, write this down. Anybody who's struggling to put their emotions into words, take note, I really like you.
Speaker 5: I'm letting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just like excited for the future.
Speaker 3: Beautiful, thank you so much.
Speaker 6: So say.
Speaker 1: Ah, there we have it, everybody. Jamie Lee her undying love. I would have thought I really like you was for like episode I'm pretty sure she said more on episode one than she did it in town. What the fuck?
Speaker 2: Sorry? What was that? What was that for somebody who has been so over the top. I mean, let's look back at the love letter that she wrote, the novel that she put together. She's just put her heart on the table, every single interaction with Brook and then that moment where it really counts where she's like, hey, I want this more than ever. She's like sup, that was so wizz. Do you think maybe, okay, do you think maybe Jamie Lee is getting cold feet?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I was just gonna put it out there.
Speaker 1: I don't think she's getting cold feet. I think that there's just so much pressure on saying I'm falling in love with you and you're getting drilled by the producers that there's kind of like this feeling of like, oh, apprehension, like you don't want to.
Speaker 2: Your last chance to say it.
Speaker 1: And you also don't want to feel stupid, Like I think, you know, there's that fear of rejection and saying I love you and not being having it reciprocated is like a really scary thing. But one thing I did notice about all of these hometowns is that, like I think back onto Tim Robard's season, I think back onto Samwood season, I think back even into our season to some extent, by hometowns, everybody is usually saying I'm falling in love with you. Everybody is usually pretty goddamn invested. The only person I know that we're gettinghead of ourselves, but the only person who said I'm falling in love with you is the guy she sent home. That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't make any sense, does it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Let's get into David. It was the most boring hometown ever. Now let's get into Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Honestly, though nothing happened, there was truly no jeopardy. David owns a landscaping business in Brisbane. David's mum doesn't want David to move because they still pretty much lived together and that was about it.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: But also, how have they gone to hometowns and not discussed the fact that they live into state? Can someone explain this to me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that seems really weird, Like, surely, surely at this point, someone even a producer, has suggested, why don't you guys talk about the fact that you know, you might want to settle down in different cities?
Speaker 1: And also, I know it sounds weird because like maybe you wouldn't talk about that with somebody who you've only been on a couple of dates with. But in bachelor world, normal, totally normal. On the first date, you literally talk about, Hey, do you want to have kids? How many kids do you want? Hey, where do you want to settle down? Whatever, all that stuff that you wouldn't really talk about until date four or five, because it's pretty intense, you talk about it on date one. And let's all remember that this is not Brook's first season. She knows this, she knows the drill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really strange, which gets even stranger when we get onto Holly's date.
Speaker 1: So this is very big for Holly because Holly has never brought a female home to meet her mum or her twin sister didn't know she had a twin sister. Nice piece of info.
Speaker 2: And also her house is well, how has that not been brought up?
Speaker 1: Just there it is twin sister. Maybe it was and we weren't watching, do you think?
Speaker 2: Honestly? I think I feel like there's certain information regarding the backstories of contestants that we're not told about. You know, we talk about like, what is it about the season? Why aren't we why aren't we feeling as connected as before? I don't feel like I know any of the contestants one hundred percent, other than Conrad.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. But even Conrad, I still think that we know like a pretty diluted version of who he is, Like we only just sort of found out that his parents were artists because it came up in a group date. I think there's so much of their backstories and this like building connection and building like, you know, just like investment in their life that's been completely cut out and missing.
Speaker 2: It's completely lacking right now, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And I don't know whether it's being cut out because when they're on their dates, they're not having these big conversations like maybe because you know, We've said, like a lot of the dates have been pretty boring to watch. The conversations have been pretty lackluster. Are they not having these big conversations on dates? Which is where you get that sort of like, oh, I feel like I really know you as a person, Like I mean, we thought Conrad was a fucking carpenter. We thought it was a carpenter up until last episode.
Speaker 2: Now is an influencer.
Speaker 1: There was an influencer or maybe an artist or Matt and I were sitting on the couch unpacking whilst this episode was happening. Maybe Conrad wants to be an actor because he wants to make people happy and he wants to find a way to make money out of it, and people like watching movies.
Speaker 2: He would be such a bloody good actor.
Speaker 1: He already looks like one.
Speaker 2: He is so handsome, it's ridiculous. Okay, just quickly, we're going on a tangent Holly. So, Holly's mom grills Brook on what the future looks like. There's two really big jeopardies here.
Speaker 1: One is Holly doesn't want to have kids, and Brook has made it very clear that she wants to have three.
Speaker 2: She wants like seven.
Speaker 1: She wants a tribe. And then the other big one is that Brooks has literally just let off the bomb.
Speaker 3: She just.
Speaker 2: And then Holly's mom was like, did you just fart?
Speaker 1: And you know it was a dog. Holly's Mom's like, we don't have a dog.
Speaker 2: And then it was just so awkward and Holly comes in sniffing the fart. It was so weird.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it was do you reckon that? How would Holly feel about putting the door open?
Speaker 2: I think Holly's down with an open door, shit, I really do.
Speaker 1: I think she's so sensible. There's no way anyway. We've goten off tracking.
Speaker 2: The fact that brook has recently moved to Melbourne, but deep down she's talking about maybe ten or fifteen years she wants to move back to Perth. And for Holly, I moved to Melbourne is totally fine. She could consider it. She's been there before. Holly says, I would not move to Perth for me, that's not my radar at all.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not even to Perth. I mean, brook said where she's from is not Perth. She's from nine hours north of Perth. So it's a huge change and it's a huge move and I think, like on Holly's hometown, We've got now these two massive bombs someone who we thought they had this like incredible, unshakable connection. I just don't understand how they haven't had any of these conversations pre hometowns, and how they're having them at the last minute when they're supposed to be leaving. So basically Brook and Holly are standing there at the front of the house, and that final moment where they're supposed to be talking about how they're falling in love with each other, they're unpacking these huge differences that they hadn't spoken about on any of their their dates or their extra time or any of that sort of stuff. So it was just such a monumental waste of their last moments together. And then Brooke goes and cries, and she walks off like she's on the Blair Witch into the she's into the garden bed.
Speaker 2: The camera just pans up to the sky. It was so weird. Okay, but let's just recap really really quickly. David sure he's gonna win, makes sense, bring him through to finale absolutely, Jamie Lee, she says, I really like you.
Speaker 5: That is it.
Speaker 2: Holly is like, hey, we don't want the same thing when it comes to kids. We want to live in different cities. Massive Jeopardy. And then Conrad, he's the one who's opened up the mo saying I'm falling in love with you, and he goes home. What what do you mean?
Speaker 1: It doesn't make sense, does it? Except for the fact that I think Brooke was trying to protect Conrad. I think she really realized just how emotionally invested he is, and she wasn't.
Speaker 2: No tak him at number three. Number three is fine? No, yeah, number four, Like, come on this, there's still so much life left in the Conrad and Brooks story. Even if he's gonna go home at number three, at least make it entertaining.
Speaker 1: For us totally. I think it was becoming quite obvious that she was a little bit like, I'm over this now, But do it for us, Do it for the viewers, because there's nothing else to watch next week, that's for sure, because everyone's just so nice and boring.
Speaker 2: And on that note, please stay with us for one more week.
Speaker 1: I can't believe we've only got one more week left. I mean, it is almost the middle of the night and we're still going And then have to finish editing this.
Speaker 2: I think, so we're done, let's wrap this up.
Speaker 1: Well, that is it, guys. As you know, Conrad went home. We are now heading balls first into finale week next week.
Speaker 2: No one heads balls first. What do you mean heads bulls first?
Speaker 1: What if you're tea bagging someone, would that be balls first?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, heading tea bagging. We are tea bagging ourselves into next week's episode. I can't believe we're at the final week, But after this week, I am glad that we're at the final week. I hope that there are some people still watching it with us. And now I'm I mean, I'm still pretty convinced that Darvid is the winner, but I think I don't know if it's Darvid and Holly at number two anymore. Maybe, oh you're starving and Jamie Lee.
Speaker 2: I think that's the big surprise, is the fact that Jamie Lee, just this dark horse coming through on the home straight, brushes past Conrad, then moves past Holly.
Speaker 1: But also, would you do that to your friend? Would you take one of your good friends through to number two to break up with him at the funali?
Speaker 2: Well, let's find out before we go, Laura, before we go. Do you remember we ask people to give us a little bit of a review on Apple podcasts.
Speaker 1: Oh God, here we go?
Speaker 2: Can I just say little message from Kati k D KD that many J guy is the glue, the glue that holds the ship tee together.
Speaker 1: Anyway, guys? That is it from?
Speaker 2: Don't let me finish on that. Do you have any more for that fact? There's just nothing that compares to his charisma and charm there.
Speaker 1: I think that there's more to that review that you're not reading out.
Speaker 2: There's a quote for you, Maddie. I know you love a good review.
Speaker 1: Anyway. Guys, if you have loved about Chunk Cart, if you're still watching the episodes or if you're just relying on us to recap them, and please jump on Apple podcast leave a review. If you haven't voted yet for the Listener's Choice award for the Podcast Awards, there's only like a week left, so please jump on and do that. We'll put the link in the show notes. This is your very friendly reminder.
Speaker 2: I've only given you one little story on my socials and am I meant to do more?
Speaker 1: Have you voted yet? Though?
Speaker 2: No, I have not.
Speaker 1: You can't ask other people to vote and then not vote.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely right. This is absolutely can't. I can't dispute that you.
Speaker 1: Can't do that. It's terrible anyway, guys, that is it from us. Tell your mom, tell your dad, tell your sister, your brother, your dog, you can.
Speaker 2: The kids are asleep, so let's not do it too loud.
Speaker 1: And share the love because.
Speaker 2: I don't cannot be set. They're not cut of that, they're not cut of the way they