Speaker 1: Now, if you're a parent, you would know that little kids are put on this earth to test us, to test our patients, to test our boundaries.
Speaker 2: To test your public floor muscles. Well did they do that as well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but just to test you in every way, and they really love to push the limits. Now, I want to know if your kids, give us a call and let me make me feel better about this. I want to know the most ridiculous tantrums that your kids have ever had, because I think my child, Marley May, she's four years old.
Speaker 2: I reckon she probably had the.
Speaker 1: Most ridiculous tantrum that's ever happened on the worrum number one, the winner of all tantrums.
Speaker 3: Wow, where were you? What happened?
Speaker 2: Okay, So we were walking. We were out on the street in public. We were walking to.
Speaker 1: Those public trum and they are good ones because you have to try and decide are you going to discipline or are you just going to kind of drag them away from the scene of the crime, right Like, you've got to try and figure out how you're going to how you're going to mediate these sorts of tantrums. So we're walking along, we're right out the front of a very very busy cafe, and we've been talking about family structures, like we've been talking about my mum and my dad and how that's nana and granddad and kind of like where she fits in our family tree.
Speaker 2: And all of a sudden, she says, Mummy, so I'm a twin. And she's put two.
Speaker 1: And two together because she has a sister, Lola. However, her sister is two years younger than her. And I was like, no, sweetie, like, a twin is someone who's born on the same day. You know, you both shared mummy's tummy at the same time. I'm trying to explain what a twin is to a four year old, which, mind you, it sounds easy, that's a really hard call, Like that's a really complex thing to try and explain to a four year old. And she turned around she was like, no, Mummy, I'm a twin. I'm a twin because Lola is my sister and were the same, so I am a twin now. I didn't realize that she was getting quite so agitated by the fact that she's not a twin. And we're walking past this cafe and I said, no, darling, you're not a twin. And this went on for a little while. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, my child, who is not a twin, throws herself out of the prem and I'm talking like Commando, rolls out of the prem onto the ground, onto the ground. She is laying face down on the ground, her skirt is up over her head, and she's screaming, I'm.
Speaker 3: A twin, I'm a twin.
Speaker 1: Mommy, You're the.
Speaker 2: Worst mommy ever.
Speaker 1: And so I what do you do? At that point, I was like, can you give her a biology lesson? I was a girlfriend, if you want to be a twin, you can be a twin.
Speaker 2: Get up.
Speaker 1: There's people in the cafe table who was sitting next to us laughing, but me so embarrassed. I was conceding. I was like, if you want to be a twin, you can be a twin. That wasn't enough.
Speaker 2: She continued to scream.
Speaker 4: Do you think conceding is the right thing to do here? Obviously you want the tantrum to end, Laura, But do you think it's more like, I don't know, maybe biologically she should understand that she's not a twin.
Speaker 1: You know, and there's a hills that you have to choose whether you're going to die on them and dying on the am I A twin hill was not the hill that I was going.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was so dumb, And this went on for I'm not kidding five minutes and I ended up dragging her by her feet back into the pram.
Speaker 2: It was a whole scene.
Speaker 3: Christy, if you had you or your child trum like this.
Speaker 1: Yesterdays one was the funniest in a while. So my seven year old.
Speaker 4: Trying the slight melt down yesterday because the sky was too broad, right, But seven sevent is not where I put tantrums.
Speaker 3: I thought, tantrums like I've seen a tantrum come out of.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, if I didn't get advocado or my rap as a tantrum tomorrow, Hi, what was your kid's tantrum about? So we were doing our usual breakfast routine and we were asters in the tellowtoast and because I couldn't carve it into a butterfly, our meltdown was moreover then you didn't want to try to carve it into a butterfly, or your artistic skills aren't up to scratch. Look, I'm no artist.
Speaker 3: So there was no way I could get this butterfly. That's a hard shape, like to a start, that's a moth. She's like, what is this?
Speaker 4: Do you know what I used to have when my mom you went through his phase where she always used to put those you know those I forget what they're called their leggings, but they have the stirrups on them that go under your feet.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you sou Pray used to have them. I hated them.
Speaker 4: Mum used to always make me wear them, and I remember tantrum every time. I was like, they're uncomfortable in my feet, they rub, they blister, they don't. I just didn't want to wear them, and I constantly had that tantrum as a kid.
Speaker 1: It's because you were a fashion icon, Britin, even when you were like three, Yes, don't maybe wear this out of the house, Mum.
Speaker 2: I think you'll find finds pronounced fashion