Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hear more gold podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 1: Got anything Good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is Christian here. Thank you very much for checking out today's show. Now, if you listen to our show, you're already one of us. But why don't we take it a step further?
Speaker 1: I invite you to.
Speaker 2: Join our exclusive bright Siders Platinum Club. I'll started calling the show the bright side of the Dial. It's our way of letting you know what are shows about, what we stand for. And the bright Side is Platinum Club is our very own inner circle. So come and join us. What do you get when you join the bright Side is Platinum Club. You get your own membership card. You can also get access to our private inner circle. It's a private Facebook group. In there, our first alerts early ideas before they become anything on the show, which means you can outshape the show and also say no before something becomes a bad idea on the show. You get the time wasters the day before. When Rie and I come up with the ideas of the time wasters, you'll hear them before anybody else. Also, every Friday, dropping into your inbox a unique private message from me to all the bright Siders, only the bright Siders, not for on air. So if you want to join us, the only thing I need you to do is text the word bright Siders to oh four seven five O three one oh four three. Add it forward to seeing you in there and now enjoy today's show.
Speaker 3: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Pats, morning, good morning, Rio, good morning. Now on Thursday show we kick off with someone called Tombstone. Text you have a look any phones and you will have a look. See what the first messages that's the top of your phone. Send it over to us on four seven five three one oh four three. Imagine that now, message is your Tombstone. What does your say?
Speaker 1: Pats?
Speaker 4: Just look what your dog is done? Exclamation, exclamation, exclamation. Last night we had some beautiful lamb chops for dinner.
Speaker 1: Nice mid treet. What do you have them with a bit.
Speaker 5: Of mash, carrots, beans, peas.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm doing a school dinner and little gobs of corn.
Speaker 5: Lots of veggies now, lots of veggies. Love the veggies. I swear when you have veggies you.
Speaker 4: Can feel them getting into your skin and doing your body good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I lovely.
Speaker 2: I mentioned that in the vegetables obviously, don't know how digestion was sweet corn just under the lay of your skin.
Speaker 5: No, it's beautiful with a bit of knob a butter.
Speaker 4: Anyway, it was Chris's turned to cook last night, so he was doing the chops in the grill.
Speaker 5: That's in our upright oven. Does that make sense? So in the bottom bit there's a grill, right, so not on the fry pan. Beautiful in the grill.
Speaker 2: And also where do you go hold of an upright oven? I know you've got one of those sideways one, haven't you got it?
Speaker 1: Upside down? Upside down?
Speaker 2: A couple of friends when he got the seiling once there just a night. We have to get on a ladder to put your meat in the oven in the water.
Speaker 1: It's so clever.
Speaker 2: So the cutting ante of science, now what they can do with these upright ovens.
Speaker 4: Anyway, it's just the perfect type for our dog, who is who is rather big.
Speaker 1: It is a big old dog. It's a donkey.
Speaker 4: He's a Maremma, an Italian sheep dog, and he sort of stands taller than our dining table in fact, he's a big boy.
Speaker 2: The photo pats his photo. Can we shower that on social It's incredible. It's like a small pony is getting into the oven.
Speaker 5: He had a field day.
Speaker 2: And also I can tell there's no putting that dog back. No, no, just forget it. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: So Chris went into another room while they cooled.
Speaker 4: Luckily they weren't still cooking, and he's come back to find the beast's head in the grill helping himself to the chops. He had quite a delicious dinner of about six chops.
Speaker 1: But that is his best day, that's his best night this year.
Speaker 5: But look at it, it's like the perfect height, looks like a pole.
Speaker 1: It would have gone in second as well.
Speaker 2: Because they don't know when they've been pulled off excuse me, or when they're run You know what I meant, context is everything. They don't know when they're being taken back, taken it back in teo. You don't know how long they're going to be able to nibble away. And you know what, this team needs to grow up? You know what I meant. You've got filthy minds and you lot listening as well. Good morning, What is your doing stone text. We'll try again.
Speaker 3: Next Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Thursday morning, we're doing tombstone text.
Speaker 2: What is the message that's the top of your phone right now, whatever it is, send it up to us four seventy five, three one oh four through that Now is your tombstone Ria?
Speaker 1: What does your say?
Speaker 6: Mine is?
Speaker 7: Can everyone please transfer me one hundred dollars a SAP. I have somehow ended up having to organize a Bucks weekend for this weekend, so one of our mates is getting married.
Speaker 1: And because that is a thankless job.
Speaker 2: Women won't understand this, but men organize themselves is terrible because no one wants to be seen as the dull organizer. It's easier to take potshots of that guy, but no one ever steps up to be the leader.
Speaker 1: And if you do, it's the worst job.
Speaker 2: You're constantly going guys, you still haven't made me yeah, and you don't want to be that guy?
Speaker 1: And how you understand how what it's like to be a wife.
Speaker 6: That's a great boy.
Speaker 7: It's the most vulnerable position in a male friendship group is to be.
Speaker 1: The TRII because the leader is vulnerability.
Speaker 7: Yes exactly, and you're suddenly responsible for everyone having fun, but also everyone not having too much fun. So like you can't you're the one that's organized the airbn but oh, don't ruin that, don't leave the big.
Speaker 1: And this isn't a natural default for someone like.
Speaker 6: You, No, it's not. I like to be the partner.
Speaker 1: You're the kid at the smart as at the back of the class.
Speaker 6: Unnatural.
Speaker 7: But the good thing the other side of the coin with men is that we're very simple creatures.
Speaker 6: Doesn't take a lot. Ye sort of satisfied that all we need herding sheep, Yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: I remember meeting a.
Speaker 2: Sheep farmer once and I went, how do you train the dogs to be in charge of like two or three hundred sheet? And he goes, you don't you train the dog to be in charge about five sheep?
Speaker 1: And the others just followed.
Speaker 6: Now that's how I've got That's how you got to do men.
Speaker 2: So I've been the situation before that what you should do is you need to start naming him shaming.
Speaker 1: So you then start calling out the men that haven't paid.
Speaker 2: They now are vulnerable, okay, and you start accusing being type wards.
Speaker 1: They won't like that. You'll have the money.
Speaker 2: Transferred that's actually why spread the ridiculed around real. Yes, deflect some of it onto some of the other minions. Okay, right now, go and put a message up there, name the ones that haven't paid, and put a type one hashtag under there. It'll be it'd be wipe. No man wants to be known as a tight wad.
Speaker 6: Maybe change the nicknames in the chat.
Speaker 1: Yes, bully, Now.
Speaker 2: Come back into your power strength, which is the smartest at the back of the class. This is some of the how you win. This is how you win with men. My tombstone would simply be saying, he's not a pervert. Okay, this is a yesterday, My wife and I were out for a couple of hours and so my wife said, I'm going to put the TV on for the dog Reggie. I said, how do you know what he likes? We just put it on, Like, what are you going to put on for him? Quincy MD, Colombo, what's he going to wat?
Speaker 1: Is a dog? He's a simple little dog.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I got back before my wife, I tell you what, was enjoying Love Island in the USA.
Speaker 6: He is a pervert.
Speaker 2: So I messed it, but I took a photo of him, right he was sat at the edge of the count like with like he had his his head in his hands and he was staring at the sceneor I came in and he was in grossedon was two ladies in bikinis jumping up and down different and I went, wow, we've got a PERV dog. I took a photo and put it in the family group chat, and obviously my wife was like, he's not a bat, but I said, he is really tucking into this.
Speaker 1: I'm going to share the I said the photo on the group chat yesterday with up. You've seen it. Look at him.
Speaker 2: That dog is enjoying those two ladies in bikinis by the pool.
Speaker 6: I've never seen that dog more lockdown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who knew?
Speaker 2: Young Wrench was a big fan of Love Island USA. So when I came in, I was making myself a cup of tea and I sat I sat next and I started watching it for a couple of minutes.
Speaker 1: Oh my word, that is like.
Speaker 2: Going into a portal into a world you didn't know existed.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen any of those shows?
Speaker 6: I haven't, But is it way? Which one is it?
Speaker 1: UK or USA?
Speaker 6: USA? Okay? Right, right, what's the what's the scandless.
Speaker 1: Well, friends, let me just give you the time. It was.
Speaker 2: It was about Cobus one in the afternoon, and this TV show was a couple of ladies quizzing each other on their favorite positions. And I was like, this is too much, you know, and it felt like listening to an episode of a radio show that isn't around anymore. Hashtag intern peak Christian Connell Show podcast. Also on today's show, No, it's not resolved. How do we fix the tigers ahead of tomorrow? Basically what we're doing here. It dawned on me at about two am this morning. It's footy tipping tigers. It is, isn't it? It is dress it up how we want. I don't know why this suddenly dawned me. I woke up at two am and I was like, they're footy tipping tigers. We've got into tipping with big cats. Australian loves no wonder, We've had so many messages about these tigers. This country loves footy tipping.
Speaker 6: That's true.
Speaker 7: Actually, and now I've taken it to the next level soccer tipping. Soccer dipping with big cats, the next obvious sex guys.
Speaker 2: This is a new gold mining handling, so we do need to work out what we're doing with that this morning. All right, tombstone text, let's have a look at some of yours that are coming in. These are tombstones then that are not made of the messages at the top of your phone.
Speaker 1: Right now, minus some more work.
Speaker 2: Colleague just says, bang, something bing's happened to work. Hopefully you don't work in quarry mining or demolition on that, and that's actually demolishing a building.
Speaker 1: That's good news. Bang that old buildings come down.
Speaker 2: Don Please can you clarify Hannah's tombstone is simply can you call me when you get home? Push your miner's final notice, require payment on arrival. Should I be nervous about the afterlife? Christ Jennet, Yes, Christian, My tombstone would read pray for a miracle. That's what Emma, Christian mine would read. You missed a call. The caller did not leave a message. I can't stand it when people do that.
Speaker 1: What did you want?
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's a bumdial or an accidental one, or you need something for me. Just let me know you've gone to the ether calling just three or four seconds.
Speaker 7: I never checked my voicemail. If you leave a message for me on voicemail, I'm never hearing it.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 6: Who has time for that? If it's really forteen?
Speaker 1: How busy are you?
Speaker 6: I just think if if you're a.
Speaker 1: Childless man, you've got nothing but time during the.
Speaker 7: Day, if it's really important, they'll text me with a follower.
Speaker 1: Would they? I haven't changed you too busy.
Speaker 2: What if I've fallen down a disused mine shaft and I don't have the capability to text you.
Speaker 6: I'm really oh, my good trusted.
Speaker 2: Loyal colleague rio, and you haven't got time to hear my screams.
Speaker 7: I actually don't think I've probably checked my voicemail in seven or right years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm not kidding.
Speaker 2: I don't know who could actually live like that, honestly, Christian. My tombstone text reads Roger, we have a fitting for it.
Speaker 1: What do we think Roger is being fitted for? Soup? Yeah?
Speaker 5: So maybe it's like a wedding or something. I hope he's getting hitched.
Speaker 2: Here's what I'm thinking. Roger is not a young guy's name.
Speaker 6: No, that's true.
Speaker 2: To be honest, if you had to age Roger, I'm thinking he's seventy two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wouldn't have said that old. I would have said like fifties, my dearlist.
Speaker 1: I think Roger.
Speaker 2: Is getting measured for a suit for a daughter or his son's wedding.
Speaker 6: Oh oh, that's a good guess.
Speaker 1: Roger, please get back to us. We need to know.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show Go one podcast.
Speaker 2: Right now, Extra time wast yesterday Rio actually called it, said one of the best ones of the year. They were so good yesterday. We're looking for your soccer songs. Golds from yesterday. We had Fifa Las Vegas, Golie Grail, Messi's girl, Sami Kane shut up and dive the Bosniche is back Wrexham ball and the murder was still outstanding.
Speaker 1: Murder on ze dance floor. It's still incredible.
Speaker 2: We got a brand new time waste for a eight thirty this morning. It's dangerous movies. But we can do an extra time for your soccer songs. I've got to write soccer songs, Pold Mary Fowler.
Speaker 6: Oh, very good gold.
Speaker 1: I kicked a girl and I liked it. Oh God, we should do that. I kicked to girl.
Speaker 2: Give back in the studio rear offside, funk silver and Lady Mardonnaye.
Speaker 1: Ria. What have you got? Soccer songs? Hellay, lady lay oh y and a half decent crooner's once she got there as well.
Speaker 6: The field's out there apparently looking pretty good at America.
Speaker 1: No, they're not all right, so amazing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they've got ninety nine problems, but a pitch ain't one soccer pitch. Yeah, they're looking really good, so that's not a problem.
Speaker 1: Feed him to the lines, bronze.
Speaker 6: Don't fear the keeper, just get it past him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, I think you picked yesterday some of your.
Speaker 1: He's not making out of the group stages, all right. What have you got then?
Speaker 2: Soccer songs? Text the men? Oh four seven five three one o four three. Now I should say we had these. I got the team to make these last year, and then they've remain in a draw somewhere.
Speaker 1: My wife found one the other week and went, what the hell are these?
Speaker 2: I've forgotten about those. It's a you've got a rare proto type. It's a it's a badge.
Speaker 7: It is not a badge, sir. It is a beautiful medal.
Speaker 1: It's a medal. It's a medal with a ribbon to wear around your neck.
Speaker 6: Like a World Cup winner would do.
Speaker 1: You're right? Or a gold medalist, yes.
Speaker 6: Or a gold medalist probably makes more sense.
Speaker 1: That's why I had to make for the gold medalists on the show.
Speaker 7: And it says best in show, which means you can walk around your workplace.
Speaker 2: Not just that work, walk around your community, go get your coffee in the morning, walk the dog of it and go oh, how did you will on that?
Speaker 1: And you tell them a story.
Speaker 6: Well, look at you, you know, within your respects.
Speaker 2: Elevated unofficial mayor of your area.
Speaker 3: The Christian o'connal show podcast.
Speaker 1: Looking for your soccer songs.
Speaker 2: Today in the extra time waster for the gold you win an actual Best in Show medal.
Speaker 6: Made of pure gold.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is made of, but I tell you what has actually got. They are a decent quality to them with a good hef. Yeah they're weighty, Yes they are they actually they actually look for this show some of our merch. The socks were the worst thing they've ever put me on. They weren't even socks. There's sort of things where you get static shock from just touching it. Do you know there's certain fabrics that just seem to contain electricity.
Speaker 1: Somehow, those socks always did all right.
Speaker 2: They see who's winning the first ever once soccer songs Beckham the Devil, you know, Silver Christian. Don't forget to add a doggy friendly station at the pub.
Speaker 1: For the pub reno idea. Yeah no, that's a very good idea. I always judge a pub they always.
Speaker 2: Have like a little drinking fountain, oh god, or a nice bowl there for dogs that shows that dogs are welcome. And if you're walking by with your dog and you found your little swift pot, you can pop in. The dog will have a little swift pot of water as well, you know. Declan Rice rice baby, And he's an annoying arsehole player. Okay, Connor's got man. I feel like the town of Abramovich.
Speaker 1: Connor.
Speaker 2: No, and you know that no medal for you, my friend RONW.
Speaker 1: Don't you want me baby? ROANW? Don't you want me baby? No? No, no, come on no.
Speaker 2: Bedd Yes, it's the first ever Best to Show medal winner.
Speaker 1: Hi Cristion.
Speaker 2: My name is Bev from Woody Point.
Speaker 1: Woody Point is up in Queensland. Because I'm pretty sure, I'm pretty sure it's near Morton Bay. I think I've been there.
Speaker 6: The bugs over there.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure Woody Point also, Bev, you put a question mark at the end of that.
Speaker 1: I mean only you would know. I don't know, says here. Hi, my name is Bev from Woody Point. I know sometimes at the end of the week we all wake up like that. I'm Christian in Australia.
Speaker 6: I'm run Berken.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm Bev from Woody Point. I guess.
Speaker 2: I'm texting about the soccer song. I think it should be simply the best by Tina Turner. Bev Okay, it's a good song.
Speaker 1: Quite the angle of one.
Speaker 6: Here, medal.
Speaker 1: Yes, up to Wordy Points Mead. Come on, she doesn't know who she is right now?
Speaker 6: True, that's true.
Speaker 2: We're all living in a yellow football team yet football team a yeah, Meadow Richard, you can have a medal, Mara, Donna go breaking my heart?
Speaker 1: That was an interesting it wasn't it?
Speaker 2: Pitch perfectly? Bev point Silver, Am I ever going to see you save a goal again?
Speaker 6: Silver?
Speaker 1: Shake it off side metal Meadal, well done?
Speaker 2: Christ to teacher, Yes, Pearl jam with header man not better man, head man, Silus Queen. I want a free kick Silver not Rock San Beckham meadal Meadow.
Speaker 1: What Uncleann Webber Shane Sharp is coming for English football fans. Medal It's derogatory. It's deerogatory.
Speaker 2: Unmetal ninety nine Lift buffoons, Silver Plus actually corruption on the dance FLOORO Silver Mark, I love it. You be forty with red red card Metal. He already got one earlier. Hit me with a trick.
Speaker 1: Shop that's very good. Silver Plus can't.
Speaker 2: Stop dribbling, so they can't stop believing Silver All right, we've got a brand new one, Dangerous Movies at eight thirty this morning.
Speaker 3: Chris, it's an O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So the last couple of weeks we've been on a mission save our pub.
Speaker 1: All thanks to four X.
Speaker 2: The pub's calling somewhere between the first sip and the last laugh, it's always a four X. We've been asking you a tons about your local pub that needs saving because of the last twenty years, sixty percent sixty percent of a half the pubs have disappeared and they won't be coming back, so we're trying to protect the ones that are there. Last week, thanks to all your nominations and over five hundred of you told us about different local pubs around Australia and five of them got five thousand dollars each last week on the show, and then we announced on Tuesday this week which pub in Australia is getting the ultimate pub renovation. It's an amazing path.
Speaker 8: God save the pubda Pub.
Speaker 2: The pub that we are saving and are renovating actually right now in Queensland, where there's a team of builders painters.
Speaker 1: Sparky's working around the.
Speaker 2: Clock because they've got only another two.
Speaker 1: Weeks two his time.
Speaker 2: We're going to be heading up there and then on a Friday we're doing the grand ury owning.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of a renovation within two and a half weeks, especially for a huge part while we just sit here and.
Speaker 2: I'm a right with that relationship, and I think those traders are as well.
Speaker 1: Just stick to your own lane in life.
Speaker 2: I say it's the Criterion Hotel heldon Queensland.
Speaker 1: Last week.
Speaker 2: Rho and I went up there a secret road trip to go and see it and more importantly to meet the accidental publicans. That is the most honest includes word I could describe what's happened to Tracy and Gary sixty and sixty two found this pub that.
Speaker 1: Was up for sale online, thought they'll buy.
Speaker 2: And then turn it into a kind of winding down retirement home where they could have grandkids there.
Speaker 1: Because it's a pub.
Speaker 2: It's a big plot there and a really beautiful part of Queensland as well. Then when they moved in, they just didn't have the heart to close this pub when they saw what these pubs mean to communities.
Speaker 1: And it is in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you go there, you really under it's a long road for an hour and a half of farmland, not a lot. Then there's a small cop shop, a spa and hah like shimmering on the horizon like a mirage. A pub literally literally was that rio And I saw a farm far and far and far for an hour and a half along a straight road out of Brisbane, and then suddenly I went, oh, that's the pub And it wasn't really always like, how can you tell me it's the only pub here?
Speaker 6: And you think maybe it's like a mirage an oasis, and it's beautiful. It's a beautiful old.
Speaker 2: Pub as well, but it does need some TLC and obviously they haven't got They've been running this pub now for the last two years. And also Tracy, who is a legend. She's incredible. Less two weeks after they moved in, she got diagnosis. She's got MS. This woman is incredible. She's still working seven days a week. She's been serving coffees for whoever drops by since five a m.
Speaker 1: This morning. That's her. That's her seven days a week.
Speaker 2: But they are running themselves ragged at the moment, and they haven't got the time. They haven't got the money for a renovation to really give this pub the renovation and protection it deserves. It's a beautiful pub. The bare bones of it are striking. Yeah, you look at it on the outside light. You don't see enough of these pubs anymore. It's that classic kind of Queenslander pub. You go inside, it's got all there, the dining room that you would have gone to and when you were with mum and dad over the years, and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: It's quite nostalgic. Taking a walk. It was like a working museum. I thought it was.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and they've got these beautiful photos of like really old timey photos of the pub from you know, eighty years ago, and they want to restore it back. It's sort of fallen away in all that time and they want to restore it back to that glory days and if they do it, it'll be one of the most beautiful pubs in Australia.
Speaker 2: So we're looking for your ideas and thank you very much. Everyone has been offering to how one of them, who is literally him and his teammates are giving up a lot of their time and materials for free as well. Is I'm calling him keeping Richard because to us he is the king of that site right now, and that is Richard the Fee from Elite Portals.
Speaker 1: Let's get his update.
Speaker 9: Hey, Christian Richard from Elite Portables.
Speaker 6: Mate.
Speaker 9: I've just got back down to the pub after the boys have been out in for a few days, having a quick squizzz where we're at.
Speaker 6: Guys have done the.
Speaker 9: Majority of the exterior, probably God put about a palade and a half of paint.
Speaker 6: Into that looking pretty good.
Speaker 9: Always have been into the barrier, were replaced, everything obviously gets some new lights.
Speaker 6: We're pretty well right in the barrio here.
Speaker 9: We're not too far off, I reckon, We've only got about two days left to go in here.
Speaker 2: Mate.
Speaker 9: The dining room guys have just started in there, today, so they've already ripped off all of the paneling. Once that's done and we'll have all the painting ready to go tomorrow bye Friday. We'll be looking very good at getting the interior of the bar and the dining room done I think, and then we'll be moving outside.
Speaker 6: All right, mate, I'll talk to you in a couple of days.
Speaker 1: He is a dream trade. They can get a wigan on. There's no mention of smoke pokes.
Speaker 2: They work hardering queens look something, the ones that Victoria. It would take them a year to even done what they've done the last three days. Smokeosey, I finished this.
Speaker 1: Quarter to two. You know, we just want to get going for the school run mate. You know back tomorrow.
Speaker 6: It's twenty six degrees.
Speaker 2: We've got another project around the corner.
Speaker 1: There's paying us more.
Speaker 2: Although you give us a lot of cash right now, we'll probably get it done in after time, King Richard, thank you very much. So we've been offer from Keegan to do the carpets from Anderson Flooring on nearby to Woomba.
Speaker 10: Hey, Christian, it's Kegan from Nisince Twimber. Really happy with what's happening with our local community and our local little pub run the footy tipping here, so I'm here every week or so, super stoked to be on board.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 10: We're going to be helping out with all the carpet tiles and all the new vinyl flooring throughout the bar and voyer dining room. It's gonna come up an absolute treat. So I certainly happy to see what the final product is going.
Speaker 1: To look like.
Speaker 2: But if you want to help out, there's anything you have a look at the videos, go to our socials, you can have a look around the pub. You might get an idea. The thing we want to focus on the next couple days is what can we do what ideas can we come up with with the pub. Garden are saying how this country loves a giant thing and they asked the team to have a look on Facebook marketplace a giant things that for sale right now there's a meat and a half velociraptor that in Queensland.
Speaker 6: Oh crack so genuinely, because you know about.
Speaker 1: The pub, gone is mainly for kids, isn't it right?
Speaker 2: This is a family bub okay, and so if the kids are happy, mom and dad are left alone for a bit of quality time drinking and chilling in them a dinosaur. Kids are going to be fascinated by that. I'm worried about their history up there in Queensland. Will they fear dinosaurs? Do they understand dinosaurs? So actually it's an educational thing, yes, I thought. When you're up there, you've got two degrees, you can do some ted talks by the dinosaur while we're up doing a live show in two weeks time. There's also a velociraptor up for grabs also in Queensland. Why is it so many prehistoric animals sell in Queensland? And then there's also the classic and they are very rare these days. The giant wooden fork and spoon. You don't see them anymore. I key haven't got them. These will look great. They just randomly go on the wall, don't they No explanation. A giant used to run the pub and he left his cutlery behind. Team, let's get some of this.
Speaker 3: Stuff Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I'll just put the team of so called producers. I mean, these days you can identify lovely world, you can identify as anything, and best of them, some of them tell me they're producers and I'm like, why not, why not?
Speaker 1: Anyone can do this.
Speaker 2: Now you want to be a producer, why not, let's play fantasy radio.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: I just briefed the producers to say, be ready at ten to eight for a full live briefing about my new World Cup idea. Caitlin, all I need you to do is get some paper and some scissors. You must have two pairs of scissors and two rulers. Sure, every producer just have those ready like a hairdresser.
Speaker 6: So does Caitlin have two scissors going up?
Speaker 2: No? One chuckle one has one scissors and the other chuckle sister has the other scissors. So you need to two pairs of No, they're hitting each other. What do you do? I mean, they looked angry when I said they're so called producers. Then they start punching each other on the arm.
Speaker 1: Chuckle sisters.
Speaker 2: Pay attention ten to eight, be ready, okay, all right, because I've got a World Cup idea. And the other thing is that the prize is going to be huge. It's the it's the ultimate meat tray and it's meat.
Speaker 1: Of the world. Great, so many great. So you could have Argentinian state.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, yes, beef Wellington for the UK.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a Cuban cigar.
Speaker 1: Given sausage. This is called with that? What's that? Lovely Spanish killed.
Speaker 2: Meat called oh hame on No, no, that's his ham nother one chariso. See already we got three countries represented World Cup, Meatrail, the World of Meats, the Ossie Chico roll.
Speaker 1: Is there. But just getting a got an update. What have you got?
Speaker 5: I got everything, I got my paper, I got my two sisters. I've got three rulers just in case.
Speaker 1: Okay, then chuckle sisters.
Speaker 2: What other meats represent different countries that are at the World Cup?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Tinas side laughing in my face. Actually legitimate show? Neat question.
Speaker 6: Greek yus?
Speaker 1: Yes, very good, all right, chuckle sisters.
Speaker 7: Small thing, big joy six saspot you enjoy like finding five bucks in your.
Speaker 6: Jeans or buying the sucepan of your dream.
Speaker 2: Christian, Do you need a cover band for the Grandeur re opening and.
Speaker 1: The live show with you guys web on the show.
Speaker 2: That's the next thing we're going to turn our attention to. It does need live music? We need live music when we're up there doing the Grandary I' and doing the whole breakthor show up there. Christian where is above and Queensland. The Criterion Hotel is in Heldon.
Speaker 1: That's where you find.
Speaker 2: It's about hour and a half outside at Brisbane Long Road farm farm farm Farm Farm farm Farm Farm, cop shop up, no turn there is yes, all right, small thing, big joy.
Speaker 1: Do you know what this week? The small thing big joy to me?
Speaker 2: Tracy from the pub when she laughs, some people have a laugh that is like a song. It just it just tickles the soul. Tracy's got this amazing laugh. I realized last week when Ria went up there. We went up there to meet them, We had lunch with him. She is, She's got this great laugh. That's my small thing. Big joy this week for Corey, small thing, big joy finding the start of the sticky tape straight away, Patsy, what's.
Speaker 1: It for you?
Speaker 5: I've got a couple this week.
Speaker 4: One is when Rumba goes around and leaves marks in the carpet, her cleaning marks, like her trades.
Speaker 7: I love it, like the mcg you cut your grass and you got those lines.
Speaker 5: Yet I'm obsessed by it. I love love love.
Speaker 4: And the other thing is when my husband puts a water bottle in the bed and I don't realize and I go to bed and it's all warming.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's so nice, lovely man loving gesture.
Speaker 1: Thays yeah sometimes, Riah, what's it for you?
Speaker 7: I started doing this again recently because it's winter, taking clothes straight out of the dryer, putting them straight on your body.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, undies, especially March.
Speaker 1: So do you put them in the mornings a couple of minutes.
Speaker 7: I should start doing that. I've spent timing my washes on the weekend.
Speaker 1: No, no, turn the dryer on. I'm sure.
Speaker 2: I'm sure your partner love that to a cuple of minutes. It's so quiet four fifteen.
Speaker 1: I don't know if.
Speaker 4: That's good for the jocks, for the you know what to put hot chocks on.
Speaker 2: Well, he's not putting them on there like piping hot. They're just warmed up.
Speaker 6: It's hotter than a shower. No, And and the reward on the bottom, it's like a.
Speaker 5: A hug for your bum.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 6: It's like a hug for your bum.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say a hand around you bum, but that sounds more, sounded like a different thing, but it does.
Speaker 1: It's like a hug for you body. You know what it is. It's a warm rub that really salling.
Speaker 2: Joy for me is our good old, rigorous rubdown at four point fifty.
Speaker 1: I hire some on an air tasks to come down and it just done. Buff me up. All right, small thing, make joy? What is it for? You?
Speaker 2: Get those scissors and rulers ready for twenty minutes? Sisters texting O false seven five three one O four three. Also, can you let us know some more meats of the world. I'm actually now concerned. I come up with this idea without probably researching. What are the meats of the world?
Speaker 3: A Christian O'Connell show go on podcast every Thursday.
Speaker 2: On the show, we do small Thing, Big Joy. What's your share it with me? Oh false seven five three one oh four three for Santo Christian my small thing bought big joy.
Speaker 1: Boy Joy is when you.
Speaker 2: Forget you had good left opus on the night before and you open the fridge and there they are boy joy. Hashtag good morning Christian, small thing, big Joy. Winning the peg Lotto when you get the exact on the pegs you need hanging out the washing mark. That is a fantastic one, Christian. The World Cup Meet hagis for Scotland. You're either back of the World Cup. I've been there for a while. That's incredible. That's a great one. Christian Richard small Thing, Big Joy. It's a game of chess with the sun on a Sunday morning. And his second one is when you go when we play powder Finger yesterday morning on the show Christian More powder Finger Less Starship.
Speaker 1: I'm afraid our boss, Sue actually.
Speaker 2: Runs the Australian fan club for Starship, and so because she's the more, she can get the station to play a lot of them.
Speaker 7: Sometimes she comes dressed up ast.
Speaker 2: And we have to call us two starships. Look, you know, she's the boss. Christian small Thing, Big Joy. For Ryan, a food court and no one knows exactly what you can all agree on for lunch. The food court is always the answer. Get everything there, Ryan. The thing I'm always amazed that is in the middle of a food court, because food courts are also just chaos.
Speaker 1: It's like the.
Speaker 2: Contina Cantina bar scene in Starward. You get all shapes and sizes and sorts of people. There a wonderful rainbow and spectrum of humanity, and in amongst the noise, there's a lot of hubbubbler, isn't there people having food and conversations, arguing that there's always a couple of businessmen having a very serious business meeting in suits with the laptops that can looking at spreadsheets and important financial data.
Speaker 1: So true, don't you have offices? Why would you go?
Speaker 2: And Derek, we're going to have to get this deal done by midday? And why don't we meet at Should I come to your office?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Goodly food court? And when should we go? The lunchtime peak lunchtime?
Speaker 2: There is as always have a look today or tomorrow or over the weekend. There's always a business meeting in the middle of every food court. And I'm like, how can they be calm? And they've got having a meeting in the middle of a food court?
Speaker 6: All the documents out all right?
Speaker 1: So chuckle sisters, are you ready ready?
Speaker 2: In five minutes time, I will present to the team and to you, to viewers and listeners what my big world cup idea is.
Speaker 1: Team, have the scissors, have the paper ready, got.
Speaker 5: It all ready ready to go?
Speaker 2: Listeners, get ready to call in as quickly as possible, because this is as soon as you hear what it is, you'll get it and you'll want to be in on this.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So this time tomorrow morning, the World Cup would have kicked off, the biggest World Cup ever, forty eight countries instead of the normal thirty two.
Speaker 1: It is going to be huge.
Speaker 2: Soccer's first game this Sunday two pm. Sunday afternoon is a great spot to get around, get your friends around, watch it with family and friends and mates. Get around the Sacaruz. It's their opening game. It's going to be huge. I'd love to think as well. All over the world, Australians and different time zones, wherever they are across this great planet, we'll be watching that game.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: There's so many people that have been contacting me, and there are some listeners here.
Speaker 1: Are flying out to the airport. Yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yesterday was our World Cup Wednesday when we unveiled Rio's exclusive highly unofficial soccer Roose Anthem.
Speaker 1: Get a load of this.
Speaker 6: Fly Anisonay.
Speaker 8: Got to the States, scoring by your country.
Speaker 11: Hey for your mates, yankess ye we do inda o day.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what they the boys can play.
Speaker 8: It's a long way to the Cup where you play the creed of goal.
Speaker 11: It's a longay to the Cup.
Speaker 6: Where'd you play the greed of gold?
Speaker 2: Now your office may have already done this the World Cup sweep steak. You know where everyone in the office they put a country out and that's your country. If you're left holding the winning country, you win a prize. Forty eight countries, I said to lock in our team yesterday. Is also a big soccer fan, so hey, we've got team lunch to get down the pub. When we're down the pub, why don't we do a team.
Speaker 1: Office sweet steak? Love all the countries?
Speaker 2: And then this morning I thought, no, we're going to do it with our lovely listeners. Forty eight listeners. One listener gets one of the forty eight countries. The draw is live on air in ten minutes time. And then what we're gonna do. You've got all the various groups and all the various countries, forty eight of them.
Speaker 1: Each country won't as to be a country anymore.
Speaker 2: Marie Smith, Terry Stephenson, Andy Peters.
Speaker 1: So then ahead of each.
Speaker 2: Game we can go don't forget Mexico's playing, which means for us, Marie is playing Tracy today Old Rivals.
Speaker 1: Five am.
Speaker 2: And then in the sports and it is perhapsally no bad news to Tracy. She lost to Sharon today at the World Cup.
Speaker 6: Sounds good.
Speaker 1: So, producers, are you ready? Chuckle sisters, are you ready?
Speaker 2: Station's ready? Okay, this is why I want to hear chuckle sisters. This is one gonna need you to do now.
Speaker 1: They're just ohh god, they're five to five to each other. This is not the Barbie movie. They're passing that. They were, all right, the one he needs to do.
Speaker 2: So right down, all forty eight countries, then cut, cut, cut.
Speaker 1: Almost forty eight countries.
Speaker 2: We need to put them into some kind of because it's the first time here, incident idea.
Speaker 1: We need a makeshift. Yeah, oh my god, No, you've got the bucket hat.
Speaker 3: We've got a bucket app is.
Speaker 1: That soccer roose bucket hair?
Speaker 4: No, it's actually just for surf Life Saving Australia, which is also a very important cause.
Speaker 6: And they love the soccer roos they do.
Speaker 2: All right, So I put all the forty eight countries into them, and as we go through the lines and the texts, we will randomly allocate a country to a listener.
Speaker 1: All right, forty eight times.
Speaker 6: Wow, going to be busy on the phones. Busy, busy, busy on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, corning now if you want in part of our World Cup Sweet state up for grabs, of course, is the world's greatest meat tray. Meats of the world, forty eight meats of the world. Frog legs, snails, built on snags, beef Wellington from England. I had it some Scotland, turkey from Turkey.
Speaker 1: You don't need me to do all.
Speaker 2: It's redundant, you know what I'm talking about. The ultimate meat tray for whoever is left holding the winning country in the World Cup.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Be ready.
Speaker 2: It is radio's biggest ever World Cup Sweet, the biggest ever World Cup. Forty eight teams have now been hastily and very quickly thrown into a life saving bucket hat that is going to be the where Rio is going to draw the countries for forty eight Listeners of ours, I.
Speaker 6: Tell they did the draw for the actual World Cup.
Speaker 1: Yes, Fantino did.
Speaker 8: Fly Annison, go w to the States, storing for your country. Pay you for your mate, spashion Yanks Paraguay does this, Oh Dray.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what boys could It's a long way to the Cup where you play the creed of goal.
Speaker 8: It's a long way to the cup where you play the creed and go.
Speaker 2: All right, just give away all the forty eight countries to forty eight of you. Then we're going to recreate all the brackets, all the groups. It's not his countries now, it's actual humans names. You'll be taking each other on, knocking each other out, perhaps a love date.
Speaker 1: The sports news. Julie has just beaten Angie.
Speaker 2: Now because I put a prize on this protisic Kending has told me we cannot legally refer to it as.
Speaker 1: Anymore? Does I put the meats on it? What can we say?
Speaker 6: You should have told me this before.
Speaker 1: She just came in just now. So don't By the way, you can can't call it that. Why are you doing this? You can't call it the w.
Speaker 6: C Oh yes, yes, yes, yes, good point.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: So what about this? What about this? Don't worry, guys, always up there, always thinking.
Speaker 2: The Cup of Worlds, Yeah, the Cosmos Cup, forty eight teams playing together, playing boy, not necessarily any particular sport.
Speaker 1: Just what about the tournament that can't be names? You can't What about also? The bright side? Cup. Oh, I like that the Soccaroo's work trip.
Speaker 6: I can't say that.
Speaker 2: We can't say hangs and can I say socceros?
Speaker 4: Yes, you can say soccero's, but they are not associated with the meet in which we are giving it.
Speaker 1: We haven't even got the meats. Matt Rice is an.
Speaker 2: Idea and now created legal troubles about fictional prize.
Speaker 1: It doesn't exist yet.
Speaker 2: We're going to have is some kebabs and a couple of snags that you're going to win. But those kebabs have not been in by tiny poo FIFA approved.
Speaker 1: All right, anyway, we all know what this is. Let's we start giving away. Let's start giving away, all right.
Speaker 2: Let's first of all, then, Julie Galbraith will represent.
Speaker 6: The Ivory Coast.
Speaker 1: The Ivory Coast, well done, not a.
Speaker 2: Lawrence the Ambo driver will be Oh's Becker Star as Beckistan. Oh, Christian, I want to answer, I can't get film on the lines. Lisa Flockhart will be Switzerland excellence. Christian Beth here in Sydney, please, I never win anything.
Speaker 1: Beth in Sydney.
Speaker 6: Will be Brazil.
Speaker 1: Brazil good one.
Speaker 2: Christian can have a team for my soccer man husband, Gray, and here be up at the early hours watching all the games and supporting these soccer rules. I'm not going to see much of them for the next couple of weeks. Graham, the husband will.
Speaker 6: Be representing the Straight of Home. I a toll a score of Golah.
Speaker 2: Lisa in Sydney wants to take bartonest Lisa to Bridy will.
Speaker 6: Be the Czech Republic.
Speaker 2: Czech Republic. Christian, I'd like to get into the draw. I love a good meat tray. Jason, what's he going to? What country James are gonna be?
Speaker 6: I hope you like a Bradworth because you've got journey.
Speaker 2: Germany, good team, well done. All right, Let's now go to the lines. James, Good morning, James, Good morning, James, Good morning, James.
Speaker 1: All right? What country is James.
Speaker 6: James is Mexico?
Speaker 2: Mexico one of three host nations? Well done, So James is going to be playing tomorrow morning? Yes against We're just about to find out who do Mexico take on? All right, let's go to Rebecca. Now morning, Rebecca, Rebecca, Rebecca, Hi, Rebecca. All right, let's find out what country RecA is. So World Cup sweep Steak Longo oh, well done. Yes, here are now the congo. Well done.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Scott now in Penrith. Come on to Scott.
Speaker 2: Good morning man, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 2: Let's find out what country you are? Scott Jordan Jordan. Okay, you're now Jordan. Scott Jordan has got a Dwayne. Morning, Dwayne.
Speaker 6: They keep moving the calls too quickly.
Speaker 5: Mexico texs on South Africa too, mate.
Speaker 2: We haven't got so we've got We've got Mexico, but we haven't got some Africa given away yet.
Speaker 1: All right, so Dwayne is going to get boo.
Speaker 2: Dwayne is in action, taken in his own country, divided loyalty. Sunday, two o'clock. Let's go to Julie now, Good morning, Julie. Good morning, Hey morning, Julie. Have you been a good week so far? What country is Jules?
Speaker 6: The underdogs are ruh by Graham Arnold.
Speaker 2: That's right somewhere some one for the first time in years. Yeah, all right, Judy, well done. Let's get a Crystal now with a k Crystal boom morning.
Speaker 1: Good morning. It sounds like you're doing Crystal Crystal.
Speaker 6: I didn't mean to bring you all right.
Speaker 1: What country is.
Speaker 2: Crystaloo you Usa, down with the Yanks, Spank the Yanks.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: For the time Waste to Today once more five hundred dollars Holy Mody Golf Club gift card. Have your work party, your Holy Mody Golf Club book now Today we're looking for you to make a movie Dangerous. Today is International Danger Alertless Day. I would suggest don't make that an annual thing. I just want to make it daily. Make it daily. Please always be danger aware. What do we think You're in the top five most dangerous household items for twenty twenty six?
Speaker 4: What about the Greater oh good one?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: Number four trampoline.
Speaker 2: No, it's not ready a household item, is it? What traw did you put the trampoline in? Love careful getting it out? At number five garbage disposal and the sink ah three people trying to separate frozen foods with a knife.
Speaker 6: Yes, very very dangerous.
Speaker 2: I keep my bread in the freezer and then I bring it out to separate it. But trouble is you try and separate it when it's frozen together. The whole site very dangerous. Tripping over throws and rugs at number two and then yeah, every parent knows that this children's toys on the flooring lego, upturned dolls, heads and stuff like that trip so many times. It's not on the dolls. All right, So I'm looking for your dangerous movies. Sow down, mates, Slow down. Oh my god, did you see who that was? It was running with scissors ants.
Speaker 1: It did. Actually, because it's a little bit of theater, I don't charge any extra for that.
Speaker 6: Good by itself.
Speaker 1: Running with those scissor hands. You can have someone's eye out.
Speaker 2: Slow and we've all met a couple of cowardly sharks over you, haven't you. What about brave shark? Watch out for old brave shark. Su lethally, blonde lelonde.
Speaker 1: Dangerous danger there.
Speaker 2: Lava actually, and you're running the country, watch out for lava. Hueye, so down, Eddie, cool back, Charlotte's funnel web, very dangerous to funnel web, spider.
Speaker 1: And more molten fear. Mag Ma Mia, Watch out.
Speaker 2: Ladies, there's the volcano ingred.
Speaker 1: It's not just the hormones. No, it's the magma.
Speaker 6: It's the magma.
Speaker 1: You know it's not homo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, makeing movie, James, You got anything as great as Edward running with scissors hands unlikely, shade all over you mate.
Speaker 7: Slippy slippy bang bang? What slippy slippy bang bang? You've slipped over? Then you bang bang. It actually works on so many levels.
Speaker 1: Tell you what it doesn't call comedy.
Speaker 7: Star wars can be very dangerous, especially when there is.
Speaker 2: Not remotely Yeah yeah, Darth Vader, is he on the mandolin slicer, mendolinium?
Speaker 1: That's very good? Win a medal.
Speaker 6: Gold plus And finally Willie wonkey ladder?
Speaker 1: Oh put your.
Speaker 6: Foot on the bottom wrong?
Speaker 1: Will you lads? Gold plus as well.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: You have you seen what the old chuckle sisters are producing been doing? Out there? You and I are in the studio and this is the crucible of entertainment. Everyone calls it that out there in like the sort of ballpit where the producers are supposed to be working. They've literally what I've seen them doing is high fiving each other and dancing for twenty solid minutes.
Speaker 6: What sort of like what do you mean dancing?
Speaker 1: I literally mean dancing.
Speaker 6: Too much joy? Going on to.
Speaker 1: Get back to cutting up those countries? Do it again twice.
Speaker 2: Dangerous movies is the time wasted today.
Speaker 1: Oh, Peter pandemic.
Speaker 2: Oh that's very good, pea pandemic, bit grim, but that is we're.
Speaker 1: Asking for dangerous movies. These aren't feel good? All right, Alfi Gabbas is five hundred dollars Holy Moly golf Club gift card. All right, are you ready to mark?
Speaker 2: Let's go mad Max Fury roadworks. The good knife care for's the good one? It's ship sharp Silver. Everyone's got one. Everyone knows the good knife in the kitchen. Yeah, oh no, no no, you'll need a good knife for that or the sharp knife. Whoopsieheimer, someone's at a tumble and I'll pronounce you nunchuck and Larry silver Stue. I thought that was a good Four weddings and a fight, a fight, Silver Fu. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button battery so dangerous.
Speaker 6: I guess you can swallow them. Take away from children.
Speaker 2: Well done, good warning when hazard met safe. That's from Joe fifty first greats. Be careful, Silver Bus, Fiddler on the slates, roof cafle chop a worried about happy gil mold Oh rising molden down there and nasty, not good for you, very dangerous, Silver, Thank you, brad Angle grinding Nemo Andrew Conway juggler on the roof. You're asking him for trouble. You're gonna come off it. Well done, sue go scuba diving, Miss Daisy sil you mean ppeil to see those? Let us Napoleon playing with dynamite.
Speaker 6: I don't be doing that.
Speaker 1: Don't Napoleon Silver on Jimmy. Maybe you guys get this, but I don't. Forest hump on the ground, Well.
Speaker 6: That's I guess you got to watch out, Phil, you know, Oh.
Speaker 1: There's a hump on the ground. Oh do you know what I thought? I thought Forest was humping the ground.
Speaker 6: Thought, wait, what is it?
Speaker 1: Maybe he's tripped on a half you know. I thought it was Michelle, where's ready? Do you mean it?
Speaker 6: They're not in the bed there on the ground.
Speaker 1: I thought he was humping the because he's a little bit slow, isn't he?
Speaker 6: You know, I thought he was humping someone on the ground.
Speaker 2: Either way, it's dangerousangerous to protect.
Speaker 1: Old protection going to do that. Crocodile undies not dangerous. Well know what if he's been bitten in the undies, it's dangerous. Silver So much confusion this morning.
Speaker 2: The Greater Gatsby Silver plus Greater is in the midst Silver and Ninja Star is born.
Speaker 1: Aaron. Well done And for Metal Life.
Speaker 6: Jacket, Well that's actually very safe.
Speaker 2: It's very safe. Actually make him be safer, all right. Who is the winner today?
Speaker 6: Love Juggler on the roof Juggling.
Speaker 2: If you are today's winner, Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast. He's a chemist warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication with discount of prescriptions in every store every day.