Speaker 1: Laura and Bitch come on in.
Speaker 2: Hello Monday's here, ladies, Hello everybody.
Speaker 3: How are you feeling?
Speaker 4: Mitch and Laura a little worse for wear after your fun run weekend?
Speaker 2: My my whole body hurts. Fourteen kilometers. I pushed the pram.
Speaker 5: Can we say it's not a funny man fourteen, it's a marathon. It's mitching the pram I pushed, Mitch, pretty funny. I mean I have to say I'm sore.
Speaker 1: I actually ran it. I think Laura was. I was rolling through.
Speaker 6: I was walking.
Speaker 2: It took me three hours to do fourteen. But you keep saying that you've ran a marathon. You've been talking about it for this whole week, being like I did a marathon.
Speaker 6: You did fourteen kilometers. It's just a very long walk.
Speaker 1: What's a marathon?
Speaker 6: Man is at a marathon? Like forty some on the gurers.
Speaker 3: No marathon is forty not hours forty two?
Speaker 1: Oh so I did it all right? A quarter marathon.
Speaker 6: You just did a fun run, Mitch was.
Speaker 5: There was nothing fun about it. You want to see the chafing in between my thighs. There's nothing fun about that.
Speaker 6: How fast did you do it?
Speaker 1: In at our forty show.
Speaker 6: It pretty good.
Speaker 1: Thank you for a big boy. Yeah, thanks so much. Thing now that is positive reinforcement.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Well, I had to push a toddler that needed to stop for snacks and pee breaks and all of the rest.
Speaker 1: It's Maddie Jay oh god. Yeah.
Speaker 6: He was also pushing our other daughter.
Speaker 4: More across what fun is and I didn't compete. Hay yuess he's coming into the show today. Guys, so you have fun Scottie Cam from the Block?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can you believe it's been twenty years of the Block? Like that show has been around for so long.
Speaker 4: I actually cannot believe it because it means that I'm old.
Speaker 6: Maybe it's not twenty years. Maybe it's twenty seasons.
Speaker 2: Maybe they did some double dumping early on. Probably, I can't believe it.
Speaker 3: Laura just makes up fad.
Speaker 5: Speaking of double dumping. Next pickup, put down? Pooping in public. I mean, it's kind of set the internet a light over the weekend. I need to get your take on it. Girls, hold your thoughts, don't poop your pants.
Speaker 2: It's not the highlight of the week. There's so many other more interesting things happening in the news. But that's what you've pulled out.
Speaker 5: I'm sure we'll talk about the Olympics at some point, but mostly the poohing in public we're gonna tackle next here at the pickup.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Monday. It is a Monday. We need to start the week. We was there pick up.
Speaker 5: These are the big news stories of the weekend Britain, Laura. I bring them to you, I present them to you, and then you decide whether or not we pick them up, we keep talking about them, or we put them down, snuff them out, never to speak.
Speaker 1: Of them again.
Speaker 6: What have you got for us this week, Mitch, I've.
Speaker 5: Been scared going through all the big publications to get to this one.
Speaker 1: Pick up put down pooping in public?
Speaker 4: What can you just clarify if you mean like taking a dump on the show or in public toilet.
Speaker 1: We're not animals here with It's a civilized society.
Speaker 6: Where's this come from?
Speaker 5: New York City? A cafe in New York was pictured with a sign on their door. It said no poop, No to everything except for tinkle and small amounts of toilet paper. Our pipes can't handle it. The last time someone pooped, it cause damage and a lot of money, no pooping in our cafe.
Speaker 2: I want to know, how do you how do you police this? How does one police the pooping of patrons?
Speaker 3: It's not even policing.
Speaker 4: You cannot, in the same vicinity serve coffee and then tell someone that they can't do a poop.
Speaker 6: No, that's like it's like a cruel form of modern torture, isn't it.
Speaker 3: But I mean put it down.
Speaker 4: You cannot have a toilet and dictate what people do in that.
Speaker 5: I actually think there's laws that say you need to provide a bathroom if you're serving food and drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there is. And you also if you're a well, I mean it's an Australia. I don't know what the laws are in New York. But if you have a cafe, you can't say it's only for patrons. It's going to be open for public.
Speaker 5: And can I also say that there's nothing better than having that morning coffee and then feeling it start to work and taking yourself to a public don't think of a.
Speaker 3: Few things better than that.
Speaker 6: It is wrong.
Speaker 2: It is interesting though, I think that there's two kinds of people. There's people who absolutely will not pue at work. They will not poo in public, they will not go to public toilets. And then there's other people that have no issue whatsoever. Also, my daughter Marley, she will she will not do a pooh at daycare. She will wait and she will come home and bring it home and it will be an emergency.
Speaker 5: I would say, you know what, sorry, you need to learn to pooh.
Speaker 2: Akindy Well, I was like, she does not take after me because I'll do it anywhere.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 3: You know who else cameo in public, Tristan mc manners. That was yeah, that was discovered on I'm a Celebrity. Yep, he he could. He won't let anyone know he's even doing a pooh.
Speaker 4: He'll save it all day until the dark of night, and then he crept out at night to do it.
Speaker 6: That is the it's so weird, like it's so natural. We all do it.
Speaker 2: I don't know why people are so like, why is there so much poos shaving?
Speaker 1: You pooh here at work? I know you do it.
Speaker 5: Stop because brute will say, I'm going to do a wi if it's we But if it's not a wee, she goes, I'm using the bathroom.
Speaker 4: But that doesn't embarrass me. I will happily pooh anywhere in the world like you have if you're well traveled.
Speaker 3: But maybe that's.
Speaker 4: Come from being so well traveled that like when you need to go, you need to go.
Speaker 3: I have no aversion to. If there's a toilet, I will use.
Speaker 6: That's what they are for everyone. Just embrace it. Spoiler, Yeah, take care of your bows.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 5: Moving on, pick up, put down the Australian breakdancer ray Gun.
Speaker 7: Pick it up.
Speaker 2: I think bowed down to Regan. No, let's not about doubt. I think we can all collectively agree that her performance was terrible.
Speaker 1: Rowdown if you miss it, If you missed it.
Speaker 5: Raygun is the Australian breakdancer that performed over in the Games.
Speaker 1: Ever in Paris.
Speaker 5: It got so big over the weekend that even Adele performing in Munich had this to say on ray Gun, I have to ask.
Speaker 8: You because because it's it's all that me and my friends have been talking about last night after the show and today, I think it's the best thing that's happened in the Olympics the entire time. Did anyone see the break dancing lady's from the One Kiss?
Speaker 6: Have you seen it, guys see you. Of course fan hasn't seen it.
Speaker 8: Aaron Myndercussion is pissing himself laughing for thinking about it.
Speaker 4: Imagine coming so well known that Adele stops down in her concert to say your name.
Speaker 2: Look all it's all very unbelievable, especially the kangaroo hop and then the scissoring thing that she was doing on the ground.
Speaker 6: There was a lot of stuff happening.
Speaker 2: I think that there's been two schools of camp with this, Like some people have been really like some people are taking it so seriously and they've felt so personally victimized by the fact that she did a bad performance. And then on the other hand, now it feels like everyone's rallying around her because she got so much criticism that we feel like we have to protect our Australian raygun.
Speaker 1: Open invitation to come on the pick up. We will have you at any time, all right.
Speaker 5: Next joining us Scott Cam twenty seasons of the Block this season and a lot of drama around the new placement of the block.
Speaker 1: They're doing on an island.
Speaker 5: Big changes this season, so if you're not across it will get Scotty Cam to get us up to speed.
Speaker 1: Next on The Pickup.
Speaker 5: Listen premiering tonight at seven point thirty on Channel nine, a very special premiere of the Block. They are celebrating their twentieth season. I did say they're doing it on an island, Block Island and Phillip Island down to Victoria. The host has been doing it for eighteen of those twenty years, joins us. Now is Scott cam Welcome to the Pickup Scottie.
Speaker 7: Oh good ay, guys, here you go.
Speaker 3: I love Scott debunk this for me.
Speaker 4: You have been hosting for eighteen seasons, and we heard this rumor that you were originally discovered drinking a beer in a pub just like regular bloke when a producers like stumbled in and said, hey, we need a new host.
Speaker 3: Is there any truth today?
Speaker 7: Well, it's close to that, it's not quite true because actually it was twenty five years ago and there was a producer in the pub looking for a carpenter for a TV show to screen test. He was screen testing three or four or five carpenters, and he saw that I was chatting away and I was a carpenter, and I had the ud out of the front with a signwriting and all that sort of Thing and the Dog, and he wanted He asked me to do a screencap for a TV show called Backyard Blitz. Oh yeah, So I said no, that wasn't my go you know, I didn't know anything about television. So he rang me the next day off my ute sign riding, got my number, rang me the next day and he came to my building. So I did a screen test and I got the job on Backyard Blitz.
Speaker 3: That's insane. It's amazing the right place, right time.
Speaker 6: Isn't it?
Speaker 1: Twenty or eighteen?
Speaker 7: Twenty five years later? I've been doing the Block for eight ahen seasons because I've done about ten or so or more shows for Channel nine, Building related, most of them but some not. And the Block I started probably sixteen years ago.
Speaker 2: But so much has changed on the Block over the last twenty seasons. And I think we've seen this across all reality TV shows that over the years they've kind of lent a little bit more into the drama. And it was something I noticed on the last season of the Block that there was there was just a bit more friction and fighting between the contestants. Do you think that that drama is like it's something that's being manufactured at all, or do you think it's genuinely that the contestants are having such a tricky time dealing.
Speaker 1: With each other.
Speaker 7: Well, look, you know what, I just want to clarify that we don't manufacture drama on our show. Some shows do that, Yeah, and that's fine.
Speaker 8: We do not.
Speaker 7: Manufacture drama on the show. It's organic. It happens. And I think also it's just the style of person that goes on the Telly because back in the day, it was the first reality shows like The Block that were on air, so people didn't know what the outcome was, what to expect, And now people are there watching this style of television for twenty years. So the people that come on they want to maybe be famous, they maybe want to be influencers, you know, and so they're fighting for position or jocking for position.
Speaker 3: Scott, have you ever clashed with one of the contestants on or off screen?
Speaker 4: But like, there's got to be over eighteen seasons, there's got to be someone you just didn't get along with.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Absolutely, And it's not off the camera. It's always on camera. I don't you know, I certainly don't take anything home with me, but I'll let him know how I feel on camera, and I'm sure the folks at home understand how I feel because I wear my heart on the sleeve. I work hard. I've been doing it for a long time, and so I you know, one thing I am, you know, really a hard against is laziness on the show. Thousands and thousands of people come on the show, want to get on the show. And if you've got the opportunity to be on the show, so you've got to work hard and make every post a winner. And if you're not working hard and you're lazy, that really irks me because there's so many people that want to be there, and so I really call that out all the time.
Speaker 1: Scott, I want to ask, what's your take on the Logis this year?
Speaker 7: Is this week?
Speaker 1: This Sunday?
Speaker 5: Actually Gold LOGI everyone's talking about because you know, little Robert Irwin's nominated and there's controversy if he won it. Do you think if he win wins it, do you think as a gold LOGI win yourself well deserved or should it go to someone who's been in the industry for decades?
Speaker 7: Oh? I don't think you have to be in the industry for decades. I think it's based on your past year's work. You know, Robert's deserving. Everybody's deserving there, and it's a public vote, and you know, good on him. I can say that because I've got one, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where is it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you've checked out?
Speaker 1: Where do we keep it? Actually? Where's the gold?
Speaker 7: LOGI it's in my dining room next to the silver and the twelve.
Speaker 5: And they'll get another line of this season, the twentieth season of the blog Philip Island. It's going to be a good one tonight, premiering seven thirty on Channel nine and nine.
Speaker 1: Now, Scott, thanks for joining the pickup.
Speaker 7: Hey, good on you guys.
Speaker 1: All right back after this on the Pickup.
Speaker 4: Mitch and Laura, I swear I am always putting my foot in it and getting in these like awkward situations. Just when I think that that's me done, I do it.
Speaker 3: Again, and I do it worse.
Speaker 2: You think it's usually because your mouth starts working and then you're like, what am.
Speaker 6: I saying it? D my brand?
Speaker 2: Catch up?
Speaker 4: I don't think stuff through for sure, Like I have an internal monologue that usually just comes out, but the funniest, most awkward thing happened to me on Friday, so I had the day off besides the radio in the afternoon, but the day was free, and so in the morning I got up early and I went to the gym, and I saw these two guys at the gym, These guys that they're just friends.
Speaker 3: But I know them enough that I see them around, but I don't know them.
Speaker 1: We're not close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they're like not actually, they're not actually friends. They're just people that are you're kind of you know, you move through life and see them from time to time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so one of them is like very fair with like not a lot of hair, and the other ones a bit bigger, a bit musci are quite tanned.
Speaker 3: Anyway, very particular looking. Leave the gym class.
Speaker 4: Then I go and have a sauna and I see them in a sauna, so I'm like, hey, like laugh whatever, say hi, coincidence. Walk down the street after to get a coffee. They're at the coffee shop. I say hey again, don't talk. I'm just like ahi, Like well, I was like wow three times already. About two hours later, I will pass them at another coffee shop and I make the joke.
Speaker 3: I look at them and I say, oh, well, one of us needs to get.
Speaker 6: A job, don't we.
Speaker 3: You know that old dad joke. Yeah, terrible, And I walk off and they laugh.
Speaker 4: I was just like yeah, because like we just kept running into each other everywhere, and I was like, you know, someone needs to work. So then later that day, when I'm driving to work to radio, and I can't believe I didn't tell you this, I was driving down the street and I saw them again, walking on the side of the street the same direction that I was going.
Speaker 3: So I was coming up behind them in the car and I was like, there's those guys again. I was like, how funny.
Speaker 9: So I wind the window down and poke my head out and yell at them, get a job like that, thinking that they'd be like, oh so funny, wave at me, and they turn around and it wasn't there.
Speaker 1: It was just it's just too strange.
Speaker 6: It's just two people go.
Speaker 4: For a walk, insane, and I wound the window down and abused them in their face on a Friday and told them to get a job.
Speaker 6: I am dead. There was so much traffic behind me that I couldn't stop.
Speaker 3: I couldn't stop to explain it. So I was like floundering, so I just sort of waved the way.
Speaker 1: So they caught up to you by the time you'd stopped.
Speaker 3: But then I was just like and the window doesn't got very fasty Now I was like.
Speaker 6: The two dudes and.
Speaker 2: Seeing Brittany Hunky take her window down and scream get a job.
Speaker 5: They'll be telling their friends. I think the bachelor Brittany Hay told me to get a job today.
Speaker 4: And do you know what the old me probably would have been able to get away with and say it wasn't me. But I've got orange hand, so it's really stand out, like.
Speaker 1: You know that it's me.
Speaker 6: What if they've just been made redundant. What if they were looking for.
Speaker 1: And it was during work hours, so they probably don't have a job.
Speaker 6: Well might they might work shift work? Bitch.
Speaker 4: I wanted to put it out here on a public forum so that because I feel really bad about it, in case they have lost their job or don't have a job. If you're listening and that was you, it was a mistaken identity, and I want to apologize.
Speaker 5: I know that feeling when you think you're about to like hit at home home run with a gages. You see them and your stomach would have gone, this is funny. Fourth time I've seen the god Day window down. I've got to get a job, because you know.
Speaker 3: You know the exact moment you would have laughed, you would have proked your head.
Speaker 1: Out laugh again.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think everyone's had a time though, where they've had full mistaken identity. Do you guys remember I tell this story a million years ago? But I was we were all at an event, and I was like rubbing my husband's back, Matt's back, and I was there for a long time to rubbing his back, and then all of a sudden, Tim Robards, who was the old old bachelor from a million years ago, turned around and he was like, Laura, what are you doing?
Speaker 6: Tom? Like Tim Robard's back back, the wrong bat, the wrong bachelor. I was like, you're not my husband.
Speaker 1: That's bad.
Speaker 5: I thought I saw a friend in like leather chaps like with his but she's exposed, and I ran out behind him and I just slap but my hand on his butt. And thank god it was Marti Greg because this guy just turned around with thanks and old No.
Speaker 4: He was into it.
Speaker 3: Loved his cheek went skin to skin.
Speaker 5: Well, you see your friend's bear cheek at Marta Gray. You're gonna put a red red mark on that. What he had no idea who this man was important?
Speaker 3: It is luckily anyway, on that job and get get a job.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, let's go on that note, we're done.
Speaker 5: If you missed any of the show, you can podcast it on iHeart search the Pickup. We had Scottie cam on the show today and we also spoke Laura had some really strong opinions on pooing and bathrooms.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that. I, I mean, look, I talk about pooh way too much on the show. Didn't think my opinions were strong. But if you were to catch up on it, you can go listen to it.
Speaker 6: On the pick up.
Speaker 1: There you go on the podcast who cast Will you up next? To drive you home tomorrow?
Speaker 6: Job