Speaker 1: Christ Yeah. Welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show. Good morning, Jack, morning, guys, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Patsy, Honey. Boys, guys. This is the last.
Speaker 2: Time for this year we'll be in the studio riding the radio airwaves. Yes, I just want to say, it's been a blast this year. Thank you very much, Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: It's been a great year. I've loved it.
Speaker 2: And I actually obviously we're we're spoiled by doing this for a living anyway, and we get a very nice break, which is one of the many pots about working in Australian radio.
Speaker 3: In the UK.
Speaker 2: You've got two weeks off and I just think that was a really big break. And I remember when I first moved here and they should you get six weeks off for Christmas?
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, look, I don't think I need that every.
Speaker 2: Year, and the boss said, tell you what, take it and see how you feel when you come back. I remember enjoying that six week break so much like it is the best. So we won't see each other again until next.
Speaker 3: Year, each other.
Speaker 2: That was a statement, I don't want to see you guys until next year leave a nice bit of distance between now and the future. Please look Yeah, no, no, what's just a weird crystal claim. So this weekend, in fact, this afternoon, I'm heading to Hobart. We went a couple of years in between lockdowns from taking my twenty year old daughter who lives away from home now, so we're hanging out together in Hobart. We're off to Mona tomorrow and then we're going on our first ever father daughter wine tasting tour.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, we booked.
Speaker 2: You know, you can do those tours where it's just loads of the randos, but I find them fascinating because you don't know who you're going to see. So we're booked on one Monday. Yeah, I can't wait. I'm really looking forward to it. Yeah, it's a gorgeous place. Task may what are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 4: Jackie boy off straight after the show, I am. I've got a real treat. I'm playing golf with the Great Glenn Robbins.
Speaker 3: He's comedy Royalty and Glenn in.
Speaker 4: Our Household with Avid Golfer and in Our Household was so revered. I just remember brilliant comedy. Yea, the panel my dad laughing, laughing at Russell Coy. He's just such a big part of our lives and maybe I reckon ten years ago now, over summer one year, I did a breakfast show with him and Andy Lee Breakfast Radio on Fox FM, and he was he was such a lovely guy. I haven't seen him in a long time and I'm so excited to pay golf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so tell me about this then, So are you nervous because obviously you meeting somebody in a fan of and you've got to play golf and he's obviously good.
Speaker 4: And he's really good and I'm just brand new. So yes, I am nervous. Yes, that's the best way to say.
Speaker 3: Was it just you two?
Speaker 4: Or you in a in a force them? So there's there's two other non celebrities I call myself.
Speaker 3: Some good people though good people they've won to have they Jack.
Speaker 5: That would make such a cool podcast series if you record the recorded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, years ago, in the seventies and early eighties, there was a TV show every Sunday afternoon where there's former golfer. I did a round of golf with someone famous and interviewed them.
Speaker 4: It's a great idea. Yeah, it's for me. The level of Patty is I'm two strings. I'm just in the trees looking for ball.
Speaker 3: Way. Why can you out? What are you to this weekend?
Speaker 5: Patsy off to Lance Moore whereby actually for a Tattinger brunch which will be very nice. What a champagne, so that'll be lovely, you know what, just getting up on his Saturday.
Speaker 3: Having champagne, had morning books.
Speaker 4: Yes again for the second time this week. You can make a lunch, but you can't make our team lunch.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, it must.
Speaker 2: Stop because the team that you had yessay was not a Tattinger one. It was a part with like parm and Chip. You want pants, you've got to break out the bubbles.
Speaker 5: That's it top shelf for me. Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, We're going to play a song when we come back. We're going to do our favorite things of the year for double thumbs up.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: God on a four point three Friday morning. It's a Christian O'Connell show, So have you Friday. The first half hour the show, we go around the team. We talk about the things that we've enjoyed this week. Because this is the sorry to say there's a large show of the year. We're going to talk about the favorite things we've enjoyed the most this year. Patsy, you kick asof what have you enjoyed?
Speaker 5: This is really hard because there's been so many great moments of twenty twenty four. But on Stan the other night, actually we watch Nugget Is Dead.
Speaker 3: That's Getting High.
Speaker 5: Christmas film, Ouzsie Christmas Film, and it's a bit it's a bit like our version of National Lampoons Christmas. It's very, very funny, but it's also got a beautiful message of I don't know, of love and of the family unit. And even though we're all quirky in our own ways, and you know, December twenty five sometimes can be really stressful for families, there's just this underlying joy of just everyone being together and being themselves. So we loved it. That's on Stan and the other thing that they've just brought out this week, we got right into ten Pound Poems, which was a brilliant seer.
Speaker 3: Sure she really good? That?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's beautifully mate. Stephen Curry's in it. The Ausiacta and they've just leaks sort of preview teasers photos of Sirius two which is going to drop next year. So I'm really really looking for.
Speaker 4: Your recommendation is to look at some photos of what might become.
Speaker 3: I tell you what, guys, what I really love is Stills Robins. What some Sillers have you seen? Glenn about forthcoming features?
Speaker 5: No, it's got a new family. New Irish family comes into this series.
Speaker 3: Photos just add it to my game.
Speaker 5: One of my albums, Seriously.
Speaker 3: Broke. It only took a year.
Speaker 5: My favorite book of the year has to be Kathy Lett's Husband Replacement Therapy. I've been burning through any possible book that mentions perrymnopause or menopause because of the podcast that I've done this year, Rage Against the Menopause on the iHeart.
Speaker 3: I got one.
Speaker 4: I got a recommendation for you. Yeah, did in her book club All Fours by Miranda July.
Speaker 3: Miranda very good.
Speaker 5: I need a book. Yeah, it's incredible, beautiful, I will get that.
Speaker 3: But this is good, pretty steamy.
Speaker 5: Live right in my alley.
Speaker 4: No, but right up the all.
Speaker 3: Look the other way, the bus coming.
Speaker 5: But this book's great because you know, menopause can be a bit of a mess with your head, so to look at it in a comedic.
Speaker 4: I just find the best way to book is look at the front cover.
Speaker 5: On it's so funny. So Kathy led of course, is in episode nine and ten of my podcast and she was hilarious as she always is.
Speaker 3: She was great.
Speaker 5: She's such absolutely adore her.
Speaker 4: And the crush on the pod this year as well.
Speaker 5: Thank you absolutely. I've got to say I've absolutely loved it.
Speaker 3: You've got to come back such a big impr.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at series two and where that's going to go, and of course we're going live with it just for a couple of dates, so fun next year. So I'm really really enthusiastic about it and I love it. I just feel the love and the support. It's been beautiful. And the movies we did see earlier in the week, the preview of Mowana Too, which has been doing amazing things, so take it with the kids, go and see it. Paddington three as well.
Speaker 3: Oh don't worry, I will be going to see that. Paddington was in my top five of movies.
Speaker 4: I even seen Paddington's Cordial.
Speaker 3: A great movie. Yeah, Oh it's brilliant.
Speaker 5: So I think he goes back to Peru one and it's seriously it's beautiful. It's so gorgeous. But yeah, Mowana has been doing even before it opened at the cinemas in the previews. In the US box office, it's done like fourteen million US just earlier in the week, So it's going I think it's going to be massive.
Speaker 3: I hear what they've done. Sped up stills.
Speaker 4: Movies has a series of many, many stills, back to back, created moving.
Speaker 5: But there's a beautiful line in Mawana where because you know she's she's no, she's one of the it's one of the Disney movies where she's not a princess. She's kind of like just a commoner. Moan is the daughter of the No, she's not a princess.
Speaker 4: But she's the daughter of the chief.
Speaker 5: And she's not a princess.
Speaker 3: She's pointing at you. Now she's going to you.
Speaker 5: And by the end of this it's beautiful because the people jack.
Speaker 3: The whole story.
Speaker 4: She's meant to be the next chief.
Speaker 5: It's just not a princess. I'm telling you, she's not a princess. Anyway. There's a line where Maui says to her, but everyone thinks you're a princess and she says, but I'm actually not and he's a bit weaking it now. It's so beautiful. It's so beautiful, go and see it. So that's my top three. It was hard.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Jackie.
Speaker 2: The're not making the end of the year. Coming up next, Jack and I have got some steals. We'd like to show you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 3: Podcast Friday morning.
Speaker 2: We're doing double thumbs up and we're talking about the favorite things, the best things we've enjoyed this year, Jack, what have you loved? All right?
Speaker 4: The best for me of the year. The best documentary was The Unbelievable American Nightmare on Netflix. I won't say too much, but justin you've got to watch her to even believe that that really happened. My favorite book this year was a book by Jessica Nole called Bright Young Women. Highly recommend that. And then my favorite movie maybe this is just recency biased, but Better Man the Robbie Williams Bio. I cannot wait to see this where he is a lucky It is my favorite movie of the year and I can't wait. Bianca hasn't seen it yet either. Comes out Boxing Day in Australia and I'm going to take her and go and see Sit again. And for me to sit through a movie again is very rare.
Speaker 2: So this is a Robbie Williamspyo Pete Robby says, is actually better than Rocketman and Behemin.
Speaker 4: And Bahemian Rhapsody. Yes, he is a monkey in it sounds ridiculous, but it is so good and so original.
Speaker 3: Great. Can't wait to see it.
Speaker 2: Okay, some for me best stand up, specially the Adam Sandler on Netflix.
Speaker 3: Also Shane get Us. I loved TV.
Speaker 2: Here's some of them, Showgun, Shrinking, Bad Sister Season two, Slow Horses, Kirby Enthusiasm Season twelve three, Body Problem, Hacks on stan English teacher tires.
Speaker 3: I can't have enjoyed too much this year.
Speaker 2: Favorite book Tom Lake by Ann Patrick nonfiction Patchy. This is a great book that you should read as well. It's called Wisdom for the Second Half of Life. Yes, I Am fifty one, great book by James Hollis. My favorite movie of the year. It broke me in but in a beautiful way. All of Us Strangers. You can now stream it is an incredible movie.
Speaker 3: Loved it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast