Speaker 1: Is it just really stood by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 2: He's called girl. Bless yourself for the rude shocks of young adults.
Speaker 3: No one sister world turn as an adult. Kids would be like, can I return? You don't say that she as an adult? Can I return? In your car? I want to turn.
Speaker 2: It is Michui and michual cous.
Speaker 3: Oh hello you, Helloha.
Speaker 2: You, Oh my god, very true, Aloha you. By the time you'll be hearing these people, I will be in Waikiki Helloha hello haa. Is that it's not a visit?
Speaker 4: You're not hello ha just helloha? I think I'm just I'm going off Laylo and stitch.
Speaker 2: It's aloha, right, I don't know mahalo.
Speaker 4: By the way, what the fuck this just came out of nowhere? You just decided, Ah, I'm going to Hawaii all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: I know, I know. I'm going for my my mom sixtieth Sorry, I did come prepared. By the way, my mum, my beautiful ma Michelle is sixty and her dream is to go to Hawaii with the family because we went ten years ago.
Speaker 3: By the way, I can't.
Speaker 4: Believe she's turning sixty. She does not look a day over fifty nine.
Speaker 2: No, she thank you so much. She looks fantastic. And we went in twenty ten as a family and she's wanted to replicate it ever since. She hasn't even been back overseas since twenty ten. Wow, So she is so like, she puts things off. She's a massive procrastinator. So we had to do it for her. We organized it, We surprised her, and we're flying out Saturday. We'll be in Waikiki for ten days.
Speaker 3: Far out, I mean, oh nice.
Speaker 4: The obvious needs to be said that the podcast is taking a few weeks off because you're on holiday. We're having a little bit of an easter break. But we'll be back sometime in the next few weeks. And guess who is back today?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Price keeper Jenne is here. She's back. She's a lie everyone.
Speaker 3: How's the long COVID treating you a.
Speaker 5: You know, fatigue setting in rapidly, But you know, I'm getting there.
Speaker 2: I'm getting there, poor thing. They say. COVID sort of lingers too, like it can kind of come back and kick you back in the butt after a couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: I really don't want that.
Speaker 2: She looks good, don't you think.
Speaker 3: Mitch, Yeah, she does.
Speaker 4: I don't want to scare you or anything, Jenna, but I would say that my post COVID fog has only just started to get better in the last month.
Speaker 3: And I had it in March of twenty twenty two.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was rough for a bit there. Oh no, I was also just my mental health in general. But anyway, we won't get into that.
Speaker 2: No, but I'm with you. I had it. I've had it twice now. I had it in January of this year, and like, I still feel like it just has thrown me off mentally, but like I've got that crap, I've got the brain illness, so, like you know, I've got other issues going on. So I think it threw my whole central nervous system out.
Speaker 4: But I just find it easier to blame COVID. I'm like, oh, is it the depression nap got to be COVID totally.
Speaker 2: I eat a full cheese toasty at midnight and then sleep like in tear. I sleep terribly, and I'm like, oh, it's COVID from January, and Hayden's like, I think it's because your blood sugar was three times the human limit. I'm like, nah, it's COVID.
Speaker 5: That's what I like about having official COVID is that I can blame stuff on cold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you live to tell a tale. Congratulations, that's good. That's good. Were you're back. How Connie would have loved having your home?
Speaker 5: Oh, she absolutely loved it, especially the week before with intruder, so that you know, it was nice being there with her.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Mitch, imagine if Jenna was home during the intruder break in because she had COVID.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was the man wouldn't have walked away alive.
Speaker 5: No, well, there would be one person dead. It would be either me or him either had a heart attack or.
Speaker 2: I would have you've gone into defensive mum.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was gonna say in that situation, fight or flight, Jenna would fucking fight.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, you'd be a fighter. You know when someone like that, someone gets attacked and then they're like, oh, we knew that it was defensive. There were defensive wounds because they were covered in scratches. That would be you. You've got those now cause you would shred someone up.
Speaker 5: Yeah. No, I feel like I do have the ability to to shred somebody to death.
Speaker 2: That something you should be proud of at the end of the day. So I'm going to Hawaii, Mitch, you do it for the next two weeks while we take a break.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll be going to stay in Rhodes and Maries Airbnb, as I spoke to you about last week. Oh yeah, and then you know we'll have AESA. I'll be doing the Melbourne Comedy Festival quite soon. So yeah, no, not really a holiday for me.
Speaker 2: Okay. Well, still nice little break for the three of us, and then we'll come back rearing and ready to go.
Speaker 3: Jane's just had a fucking three week break from us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she's been ill.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been ill. Intruders, Well, I'm ill currently.
Speaker 3: Jenna and I've turned up virtually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mitch's from home today. Everybody's right.
Speaker 4: Doesn't this take you back to the good old days of Lockdown when I couldn't come into the studio for the podcast.
Speaker 2: God, someone messaged me the other day and was like, I'm just started listening. I'm sixty five. I love the shows. It's so weird to go back and listen to all the COVID episodes because we took it so seriously at the start, then we're kind of scared, and then we're like, what the fuck's going on? And then we just gave up. She's like, it's so funny to listen back because I think, like our podcast started in twenty nineteen and then COVID here, we've only been on the cloud for a couple of weeks before, a couple months before COVID was a thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had to work from home for like, I don't know, four or five months, So I'm an old hack at this.
Speaker 2: It's fine, Well, it's good to good to all be here for our last episode before our mid quarterly entry level year break.
Speaker 4: Can it needs to be pointed out why I'm working from home though, it's out of the goodness of my heart.
Speaker 3: I would like the praise please.
Speaker 2: Oh yes. So Mitchell was worried that he would infect me before I depart on my trip all expenses paid to ky Key, and he said, I don't I said, you have COVID because I don't want to give Hayden, who's allergic to it. I don't want to give him COVID.
Speaker 5: Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: I don't have COVID.
Speaker 4: I've just got a fucked flu. And I was like I don't want to ruin your holiday.
Speaker 2: So that is very thoughtful. Mitchell I was shocked to actually call Hayden. I'm like, Mitch isn't coming in. He's going to do the pod from home because he doesn't want to infect me. And he was like wow, he was blown away that act of kindness, selfless.
Speaker 3: Why is that so surprising?
Speaker 2: Surprising? It's just nice. So it's just a nice act. You know.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I've got your immune system to contend with. You would absolutely catch whatever I've go Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, totally yeah. You could text me and I'd catch what you've got. That's how system is.
Speaker 3: It's true sneeze on FaceTime and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, oh god, now, well, let's start the show on the way. We're doing a Jenis junk. We've got our Jenna back and Mitch and I have built up the junk since you've been gone, and we're we're going to be emptying out the system. Really a good clear out all the gunk.
Speaker 3: Her junk. It's full of all of our shit.
Speaker 4: Is it just my ideas that we think, nah, let's not actually bring that up on the podcast, But then they end up being brought up anyway, totally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But if it is your first time listening, this is it just me? Every week we start the show with two? Is it just me? Something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. Mitch doesn't know mine. I don't know, mitches.
Speaker 3: These are the good gems, the ones that aren't junk.
Speaker 2: No, these make it to the show. So mine this week is something that I was reading about that I think is absolute bullshit.
Speaker 3: I think it's horse sh didn't know you could read?
Speaker 2: I know, I've just learned. It's so much fun. I have to read with my finger though, And when I read, I have one of those book lights, you know when you're a kid and you had Harry Potter and you had that clip online at the top of the book. Yeah, that's the only way I.
Speaker 3: Can do it.
Speaker 2: So I'll be reading. I'll be reading from that. That's mine.
Speaker 3: Oh would you want me to go first?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go first.
Speaker 3: Get yours out of the way, all right, let's go.
Speaker 2: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Should we all be saying no to shit we don't really want to do more often?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Deep one, Yeah, I think we should. It's hard to say no, though, You've got to unlearn some real habit to be able to be comfortable to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it depends on the person. If you're more of a people please or it is harder to say no.
Speaker 4: I reckon, I've gotten pretty good at it. But it's not just about pleasing others. It's about saying no to shit that you don't really want to do yourself, but you still feel like you should.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, what give us an example, what have you started saying no to?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: The reason I started thinking about this was because I listened to a podcast the other day called The Imperfect And you know Christy Swan, who I fucking adore.
Speaker 3: I love Christy Swan.
Speaker 2: Yeah she's great. She's made competitor in the afternoon, by the way.
Speaker 3: So I, oh, yeah, she's your competition.
Speaker 4: I mean, I also loved the pickup weekdays on the Kids we.
Speaker 2: Can love Chrissy Swan. I love Christy Swan. She's gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Anyway, I was listening to The Imperfect.
Speaker 4: Chrissy was their guest, and she was talking about starting to set boundaries and say no to shit that she doesn't really want to do, because at the end of the day, all these things were making her quite unhappy in the long run, and so I'll play some examples of some of the shit that Chrissy is starting to say no to.
Speaker 7: I was pretending to like things that mothers should like, and I stopped the weekend sports. It made them miserable, It made me miserable. None of us were enjoying it. We were doing it. All of us were doing it because we were told that we should do it. We're not those types of people, and that was really freeing. So instead, we are currently on the hunt for the best butter chicken in Melbourne. That's us. We're on fire for that.
Speaker 3: Doesn't that sound like so much fun?
Speaker 2: That's great? I love that so much God, And.
Speaker 4: That, oh, are you joining the fucking soccer team this term? Nat mom and I are looking for some sick buttered chicken.
Speaker 2: Amazing, so true, because I feel like half the time parents hate the soccer the sports that the kids are in as well, they always do totally just feel like you've got to do stuff like that. But that's true, not even sports specific, Like, there are so many things that we do because we're conditioned to just do them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it all comes down to the words should people like, oh, I should enjoy this? I should do that, And so I need you to to think right now of something that you're going to draw a line in the stand and say no more. I'll give you a bit of time to think in the meantime. Here's another one of Chrazy's examples.
Speaker 7: I was running myself ragged to do the school lunches, which are shit house boring. So if you just once say I'm not feeling that, or what about we do this instead, or just little things like one of the first things I did was I went on to my phone and I looked up the lunch order service at my kids primary school, and I ticked every single fucking day marguerite, a pit of pizza, chop, chip, cookie, and a bottle of milk.
Speaker 8: Done.
Speaker 5: That sounds young?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say, God, I wish I had a Mumm like that.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's a win win. The kids are like lunch orders every day. Sweet, I've got one, Okay, so I've got one.
Speaker 2: I have a problem with saying yes to everything, like when it comes to work. I will say yes to anything anyone wants me.
Speaker 3: When it comes to work.
Speaker 4: Gotcha, I was gonna say, I have not yet experienced this problem of yours saying yes to everything. I get a lot of rejection from you when it comes to social outings, but that's okay.
Speaker 2: That's different and comfortable saying no in a social outing. It's like, I'm a workaholic, but I don't identify as a workaholic. And I've only just realized that I work a fucking shit tone like far too much, too many hours in the day, and I'm exhausting myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you put your hand up for a lot as well, like taking on extra.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's ridiculous and I haven't even you guys will understand this, but it requires context. Where I work at Kiss, I used to do a segment called the Cashcock, which I've spoken about, where I dressed up as a rooster got tackled to the ground and I said yes to that because I had nothing else on and it got me into the company and it was great. But now I've got two national shows on Kiss and it's awesome. And Cashcock was back and they said to me, oh, we'd love you to do Cashcock, And in my head, I'm like, I've got to say yes. I've got to say yes, I've got to do it, and it's like, no, I don't have to dress up.
Speaker 4: Ye, you can't be running around it's the bloody radio station mascot at six in the morning and then still be on air at ten o'clock at night.
Speaker 3: That's just free handle both.
Speaker 2: Twenty seven years old with a partner, and also when I'm on the network twice in the day trying to be taken seriously as an actual hope, I'm like, also, that's me in the morning being tackled by a trade, which I would enjoy, by the way. But I went home and was talking to my mom and she said, I heard the cash Cock. They're promoting it on the air. So who got the job? And I said, oh, I'm not actually sure who got the job? Mum. She went, well, that's really disappointing that you said no to that. And I said, why I'm on machine because it's good. It's a really good opportunity. Great to get you in front of the people that matter. Well, I'm like, mom, I've got two shows.
Speaker 5: What do you mean all these people want is cash? They're not there.
Speaker 2: They're not there for me, but they're not there for cock.
Speaker 4: Now you're gonna be like fuck this, mom, I'm hiding your passport, you want to come into.
Speaker 2: Hawaii fucking treading it. It's just and that just I don't know that. I'm trying to understand the psyche of why I say yes to everything. Maybe it's because I want to be you know, I'm going away to Hawaii. Like I said, we've been talking about someone's feeling in on my show. I'm like, who's feeling and who is it? Who's taking over?
Speaker 3: I'm like, why do I not your problem?
Speaker 2: But that's exactly right, doesn't need to be my problem. So I need to start saying no to all this extra stuff that a won't benefit me and be like you said, isn't my problem.
Speaker 4: I didn't intend this dym to be this deep, but we're going deep now because I know where your tendency to say yes comes from. Your bloody mother just conditioned you listen to her.
Speaker 2: Totally, absolutely, one hundred percent. And I think it's because I want to impress my parents. The other day, I'm hosting some award ceremony coming up, and I was telling me, your fucking a know, I know because I said yes, anyway, No, it's a good gig. And I and I was telling Dad and he's like, oh god, you did you did the podcast towards at the start of the year. Are like, yeah, yeah, yeah, I think I don't think I'm good at that stuff. And he's like, I don't see you was good. I don't think you're any good at it. Oh okay, he goes, No, it's genterly because i'm your dad, and I'll never see how good you are. And I'm like, I don't think that's doing what you think it's doing.
Speaker 4: What do you mean you never see how that's the opposite. Your parents are supposed to pump up your tides even if you're ship.
Speaker 2: Now they're terrified of me, like getting an eger. They want humility. Dad's like, it's all about humility. It's all about humility. He hates awards, hates praise. So I think I'm trying to chase that.
Speaker 4: You know, I can understand that, But they should also be a bit They should be your cheerleaders anyway. Fuck, I don't want to paint your parents in a bad light. Fuck they are adorable.
Speaker 2: My parents are amazing. And you guys know my parents. You are very supportive and they celebrate all my wins. But there's just little moments that when things like that happen and it's like, what are you trying to do? Dad listens to a lot of self help podcast so's you know, Prianka Chopra or someone's tiling to say whatever that done.
Speaker 4: It's such a straight man attitude too. Ah, you're doing great, you can steal with doing better. You've got a hassle, I know, I know. Fuck Anyway, the thing I'm saying no to is far less deep than that.
Speaker 3: I must say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I've made a decision just this week actually, that I'm saying no to fucking pop plants in the house. I can't be fucked. I'm not a plant gay, I never will be. They all keep dying on me and I google how to look after whatever this plant is called.
Speaker 3: They've all got.
Speaker 4: Different needs and different light exposures, and I just can't be fucked. And plus, like I've said before, the cat's allergic to half of them. So what it's fake plants for me? Yeah, no more pot plants.
Speaker 2: I'm Mitchell, I'm all for it. We definitely took different approaches to this, but I'm now emotionally distraught after mine.
Speaker 4: But I'm glad we thought said the tone when I played Chriss One's example where she just wasn't going to pack the lunch box, like it's.
Speaker 2: Dying my own fault. It's clearly top of mine. I'm all for that. If you come to my house, all we have is fake plants. They're all from Kmart. The only issue you need to be aware of with the fakes is you need to dust them because they get dusty and you just take.
Speaker 3: An hod no that that is quite disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's to be great. It almost looks like they're pollinated, Like you walk past it and bump it with your bag and then it's like looks like b movie. So just hose them and put them out and give them a little shake. But yeah, I'm all for I've got common sense.
Speaker 3: Thanks for that.
Speaker 2: No worries Jenna or anything.
Speaker 5: I think mine has to do with work as well, and not taking any breaks from work, so like I haven't had a holiday in years, because I'm always the one to say, oh yeah, I'll take on more responsibility for whoever wants to go away for survey breaks for those in radio. But you know I don't. I shouldn't do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do remember one time saying to you, how was your Christmas break, Jenna, and you were like, oh, I didn't have one because there was no one to fill in for me.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, yes, well then there's no Facebook posts. Then I guess because that's the company's fault, not yours.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's true. And like even leading back to that last week with COVID, you know, I still worked throughout it, and because I felt like I should Why should I if I'm sick.
Speaker 3: I see that fucking word. It comes back to should every time.
Speaker 5: It's the should.
Speaker 2: What's the should? Well it should? Sorry. I thought that was some sort of meditation word that you both knew from your years of yoga.
Speaker 4: I thought like, no, I'm saying that people shouldn't be driven by the words should, like oh I should do this, I should get you.
Speaker 3: It's better if you want to.
Speaker 2: Oh you know you know how people are like, oh, there's the ego and then the brogo whatever it's called. I thought there should was something else that was like that was a book. Okay, s h o u ld got it, got it?
Speaker 3: You should know that?
Speaker 2: Yes? Sorry, sorry, it's the should? All right? Well I like that the year of saying no, just in this next two weeks in Hawaii. Anytime I'm offered some sort of food, I'm saying yes, just so everyone knows.
Speaker 3: If you don't actually enjoy something, then don't bother.
Speaker 2: Amen, All right, shall I do my agim?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Go for it?
Speaker 2: Is it just me? Could you not live in a world without small talk?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure I could?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I could.
Speaker 3: It's nice occasionally though.
Speaker 2: This is why I bring it to you, guys, because I feel like you two could easily live in a world without small talk. Me, on the other hand, now it's like oxygen to me. I need small talk with any person that will listen to me, any of them, because it's so imperative. The reason I ask is because a new study came out this week that suggests we need to stop making small talk with people because it makes us dumber.
Speaker 5: Really, yes, what.
Speaker 3: Do they mean by that? Like? How does it achieve that?
Speaker 2: Okay, so, small talk we all know it's very necessary in conversations. Also, just like with people that you're not very familiar with, small talk just gets you going or gets you into a conversation. But apparently this is what the paper says. The paper says conversation is a fundamental human experience, one that is necessary to pursue interpersonal and interpersonal interpersonalized goals. Therefore, making the most out of such conversations by asking quality, intro and follow up questions is essential. Small Talk is a waste of time, is what this expert is saying. So instead of the mundane how are you and what do you do? Where there's nice wad you have for lunch? You should be asking what excites you right now? You should be asking about work and life, their upbringing and hobbies.
Speaker 3: To a complete stranger instead.
Speaker 4: I kind of agree with that because I don't have much patience for small talk. I couldn't live in a world without it. That just sounds sad. But I'll be walking around like fucking we're on green theft ordo. No one's engageable, totally, it'd be very doing that weird prostitute walk with the fact with their.
Speaker 2: Arms are really rigid. Yeah, yeah, it's very good call.
Speaker 4: But also I do feel like I kind of like to dive in the deep end a bit, like if the small talk isn't getting into the nitty gritty like that within fifteen to twenty seconds, I give up. I'm happy to sit there in silence. Yes, but if we get there, I'm like, I will absolutely fucking dig and dig. I'd love just a DNN by accident.
Speaker 2: Yes, me too. Well, this expert has given some options as to thought starters. Cut the small talk and start with this. Ready, So they want you to start with, Hey, what are you looking forward to? I mean, I'm not gonna go to Baker's Delight when I'm trying to get an Oliven Fetter scroll and go, Hi, what are you looking forward to?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: That's nice that it's your grandma's funeral in a month. Listen, can I get two Fetter and Olive scrolls?
Speaker 3: You can't open with that? That's fucking weird.
Speaker 2: Totally. What about this option? What's the most important thing I should know about you?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: That's stalkery.
Speaker 2: I don't care about my butcher.
Speaker 4: I don't know if this is on the list, but I remember one time I was at a funeral of all places, oh dear, and at the wake I was This is when I was a kid. I was outside and there was some lady smoking his cigarette and she's like.
Speaker 3: How are you, sweetheart?
Speaker 4: I was like, good, thanks, and the question she asked next straight after how you was, what would you be doing if you weren't here today?
Speaker 2: Oh, I like that, that's a.
Speaker 4: Really interesting question. And I was like, I can't remember the answer. Probably I'd be at school or something. But I was like, that's a great question. What would you be doing if you weren't here today? No, okay, I understand. That's good having those those conversation starters. It's also the same when you're interviewing people, and I do all the fucking time. When I don't prepare questions. You've seen me, I just.
Speaker 2: Flounder and I take about thirty seconds to ask how how they are? But those questions like actually lead to really interesting conversations. But you also need the small talk to get there.
Speaker 4: You know, I've noticed in your interviews when you're when you can't think of a question, you just don't really ask them a question.
Speaker 3: You kind of just say things at them.
Speaker 2: It's a statement, and I often make statements.
Speaker 4: You make statements. You're like, oh, so good to see you've been in the industry so long.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do, I really do. I don't think I've ever asked one question in my entire career. I'm not really an interesting that. Now I just point things out, don't I? So what else is on the list? Well, that's what I thought. I've got a list of them. Why don't I ring the local business and I see if I can call them without any small talk. Just see how it goes.
Speaker 3: No, you can't.
Speaker 4: It can't be the first thing you say. It has to be the second. Like that lady with the dari at the funeral, It was how are you? And the second question was deep? The first one has to be normal.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I think it needs to be like a friend or someone that you do like, because if I call a news agency and I go, what's your dream in life? Doesn't make sense now. But if I call someone that we're not a really good friend that knows I'm joking, but someone in the periphery that thinks, oh well, I wonder why he's asking all this?
Speaker 4: You know, call contraceptive die from Sam. He hasn't been around for a while.
Speaker 2: Oh that's brilliant. It's called Sam. Good call. Now, Mitch, what did you I just said, good call? Shoot me at the fucking thigh.
Speaker 3: You said it like nine times last week.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: The first couple were intentional, and I had a brain fat and I forgot all right before I hit die or Mitchell, I'm gonna what was yours? I really like that one?
Speaker 4: You just that, the lady said, I don't think the Siggy one will work because the question was what would you be doing if you weren't here today and he's not here today?
Speaker 3: That's true, that's more of a face to face one.
Speaker 2: What would be the most important thing I should know about you? Is an option?
Speaker 3: I know you already know him, so that's weird. What were the others?
Speaker 2: What excites you in life right now?
Speaker 3: That could work? Or maybe you could rephrase it a bit.
Speaker 2: Tell me something I would never guess you'd be into.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do that? That's kind of interesting.
Speaker 5: I never want to know the answer.
Speaker 3: Because Sam is such a chameleon. He can have a bitch and a wine with the gays and he can have a beer with the boys.
Speaker 2: He's kind of adaptable. What is your biggest accomplishment this week? Is good because we kind of do work together.
Speaker 3: Throw a few in there.
Speaker 2: Fuck it all right? Here we go calling contraceptive diaphram, Sam. No small talk, just to how are you?
Speaker 9: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hello? Sam? It's Mitch cheery.
Speaker 9: How are you good?
Speaker 2: Listen? What's your biggest accomplishment this week?
Speaker 9: My biggest accomplishment this week? Ah, I cleaned my house.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's the whole thing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, like it did like a proper spring clean. I feel very accomplished.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hayden, and I just got one of those four mops and I would never consider myself a mopper, but now we mop the floors and it's so like satisfying to clean.
Speaker 9: And forboard about you, mate, I feel like you've reached you know that you've reached a certain age that your teen years are far behind you. When you get excited about a mob.
Speaker 2: I know, it's actually quite depressing, isn't it. And that is your biggest accomplishment this week?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I feel very accomplished.
Speaker 2: Tell me something I'd never guess that you'd be into.
Speaker 9: Why why are you asking this?
Speaker 2: I'm just asking what would what would shock me that you're into?
Speaker 1: Uh uh?
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 9: I really really like American.
Speaker 2: Football, but only I only watch it.
Speaker 9: Around Super Bowl time, but I get really into it for like a week.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that I actually did know that about you, And I also know you love like the commentary and the theater of it all.
Speaker 9: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you have to look forward to in the near future?
Speaker 9: Why do I feel like I'm on a job interview.
Speaker 2: Now you're on the podcast? Yeah? Generation why?
Speaker 9: Okay, no, no, no, I have to explain the me now why.
Speaker 4: Because apparently these are the questions that people should be asking in lieu of small talk. And I did worry about that that it would catch people off guard. It's too deep too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a professor in the US that wants to end small talk for good, and these are the suggestions that they've provided.
Speaker 9: I feel like it's the way you're phrase it. Though, if you were to say, oh, I'm really into this kind of thing. What's a random thing that you're into, I feel like I wouldn't have clocked it, but it was. It was. It was the way that you said it. It was a bit like in a therapy session.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yah.
Speaker 4: I feel like that was actually more awkward than small talk because every question you asked there was ten to twenty seconds of Sam going ah yeah.
Speaker 5: And whenever Sam finished his answer, there was silence.
Speaker 9: I do love a bit of small talk, more of that.
Speaker 2: See you need it. I tried to not do it and you need it. No, it's a small talk. Is in in? Thank you? Sam?
Speaker 9: Okay, there you go, a bab you're listening to?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Got something on your mind?
Speaker 5: Hit up at a couple of mitches on Instagram to get yourself on the show.
Speaker 2: All right time before and is it just you? Your chance to have an iGEM of your own, something you've noticed you hate or appreciate. You can dms and get on the show a couple of mitches, slide right in or.
Speaker 4: Don't forget the phone number? Oh for one two seven one two nine to two, send it the text.
Speaker 2: That is off. The people love that text line, don't they mean you get in text twenty four seven?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've had to put the thing on airplane mode quite a few fucking time.
Speaker 2: Oh no, have you just to shut them off?
Speaker 4: I mean love them dearly. I absolutely appreciate it. But yeah, people must listen at all hours, all different time zones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true, true, All right, Well today we have joining us from Hobart, the wonderful Jack Collo Jack.
Speaker 9: Hello, Zalent, how a, I'm good? How are you guys?
Speaker 2: Look? Would you say younger Jack would be proud of the Jack that lives and breathes.
Speaker 9: Now, Oh my god, you're touching on really since his topics. Now I think so.
Speaker 2: Beautiful, beautiful. No, Jack, when you hear the full episode, you'll just cack yourself. That'll be hilarious in a couple of days. Now, tell us how long have you been listening to the show, Jackie.
Speaker 9: Honestly, not that long, probably about four five months.
Speaker 3: I love fresh Meat.
Speaker 9: No, but I've been going through old episodes in between the new upload, which has been good. But honestly, I love the show and it's probably the first podcast I've actually listened to other than the Australians True Crime one. Everyone's first.
Speaker 2: What a compliment. I've only listened to Jack the Rippers podcast in yours.
Speaker 4: It's a true crime not for you. Did you actually like that first podcast you heard?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: No, I do, like, Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 3: Get amongst it.
Speaker 5: Oh I love it?
Speaker 3: Oh you would?
Speaker 9: It's so good?
Speaker 2: She would you love anything that's about you?
Speaker 9: The Australian one.
Speaker 2: Oh? Do you like Case File?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: Never heard of it.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the big one. Okay, now you're fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're in the same bite, Jack. I don't fucking know what they're talking about either.
Speaker 2: We need you to give us an Is it just you of your own? Do you have one?
Speaker 3: You brew it on?
Speaker 2: I do, yes?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Hit it Bradley?
Speaker 8: Is it just me?
Speaker 9: Did your parents tell you little white lies as a kid that you've grown up as an adult and believed and then told to other adults in your life, only to be embarrassed that they're not true?
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 3: Mate?
Speaker 4: Are you that kid on the ad that was told, oh, the great Well the China was to keep the rabbits there?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: You know, it was funny when I said in my gym I was thinking about that ad. I was like, actually kind, but it's like literally like that, well, what lies have you been told? Okay, Well, a very particular incident that has honestly traumatized me. Shout out to Lockie, who actually recommended this podcast. That happened Champion. Anyway. I was at his house, at his parents' house, and they have horses, and we're just sitting there on the verandah, you know, very picturesque in the countryside, and I see one of the horses like lay down on the ground or whatever they do. And I turned to him and I'm like, there's something wrong with your horse. Your horse like can't get back up. And he's like, what are you going on about it? And I'm like, well, no, like once a horse sits down, it can't get back up easily, like it will die like what he's like thinking. And then anyway, the horse, I think, end up getting back up and they just like made fun of me. Lockie and his parents You're.
Speaker 3: Like, fuck me, Lockie, where's the crane? Yeah?
Speaker 9: They literally I was like so worried. I was like, oh, the tall horse, like there's something on the horse. But I was told as a kid by my dad because I asked him, I go, why do horses sleep standing up? Because like that's what they do, and he goes, oh, because once they get back down, they can't get back up again.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 9: And I've just like I've just been like, oh, okay, I've probably like heard that when I was like sticks or something, and I've just gone on in my life and just believe that.
Speaker 4: Maybe your dad actually believes that to be true. Maybe someone else told him that.
Speaker 9: It sounds like I did ask him, and he goes, I don't remember telling you that.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 9: I feel like that's a lie.
Speaker 2: Well I have one. I remember that. I've got a few. Actually, I was ghastly hard by my parents. Jack, you really bring you back. My mum would say that if you ate watermelon seeds that you would get pregnant.
Speaker 4: Pregnant, yeah, as a man.
Speaker 2: As a man. They also said if you would remember this, maybe this was just my family? Is it just me? Or reading in the dark will ruin your eyes? Yeah? Did we get that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I got Yeah, I've heard that before.
Speaker 3: What about carrots give you better eyesight?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, ball shit. I eat a lot of carrots, but I don't know who's sitting across from me right now.
Speaker 9: What about like crusts, like how cross give me curly hair?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, Oh my god, I remember. I used to love crusts and then when I hit fifteen, I got pubes. I'm like, it's true.
Speaker 3: Were there any other things that you're lying? Deceitful? Father told you? Jack?
Speaker 9: Well, yeah there is. Actually my dad works at TAFE, which is like an education thing. Yeah, we love is that like nationwide? Anyway?
Speaker 2: I went to tape.
Speaker 9: Well, there you go. But we're in like one of the workshop things and like under fluorescent lights sometimes like concrete sparkles have.
Speaker 3: You know aga.
Speaker 4: I know, yeah, I get you, yeah, like in warehouses and ship yeah yeah.
Speaker 9: But I vivially remember this. We're walking downstairs and I'm like, okay, like why I clearer in the concrete and he's like, oh, it's like people's fingernails and tonnails they fall off, and then mate, get caught in the life.
Speaker 4: I don't remember the last time my fucking toenail clippings were twinkling.
Speaker 2: It's the logic in that I've got.
Speaker 9: Grown up and everything like that is not true.
Speaker 3: See, it's such that one out yourself. You didn't have to have.
Speaker 9: Definitely one that I probably got my teen.
Speaker 2: One just hit me. One, just hit me. This is true, and I'm embarrassed. And I've never said this before. I don't even think I've told you, you know, sometimes make you tell each other stories, or you've told me that yesterday.
Speaker 3: We'll spit it out. For God's sake. I'll tell you if I've heard it.
Speaker 2: Sorry. My dad told me. I asked him point blank how a baby's made, and he said, you were but a twinkle in my eye, which I now know means it's just some fucking Disney rhyme, you know, but I thought that man that his come was in his eyes, didn't Yep?
Speaker 3: I thought, well, it happens.
Speaker 2: We've all been there, right, Jack. No, I thought like that's where sperm was held, that was like this, that was.
Speaker 9: The in your eye?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and how would you ejaculate from your eyes?
Speaker 3: Exactly? Crying?
Speaker 2: Stop it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, funerals to be like a fucking baki party.
Speaker 2: My god, stop it.
Speaker 3: I want to get you wet. I'll put on Marley and me.
Speaker 2: That's awful, Sorry, Jack, that we took that rounde and you're from Hobart to you wouldn't be loving it with all the incest of it all, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then second head, well, Jack, what's your Instagram? You did ask to plug it? Give it a quick plug.
Speaker 9: Jk dot CST.
Speaker 3: That's also my IP address.
Speaker 9: I think, what's JK.
Speaker 2: C s T. What's the CST stand for?
Speaker 9: Jack Costillo? I try to keep it really short, and you know, like you know, if I'm drunk out and then during my promotion activities when you're drunk, it's.
Speaker 4: A little letters to try and slur when you're drunk, though, you'd have to be like see for carrots, it's for Sarah tea for tango. I love that Jack came on and plug his Instagram. No one's ever done that before.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm surprised. Not many people. Other people do that anyway.
Speaker 2: Weir to stop you go for it, all right, Jack, pleasure to have you on everyone, Jack dot Ins, producer, producers, not your name, France, Jena, you please send a prize, not even groundskeeper.
Speaker 3: You got that rong too.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I've got Hawaii brain, Jack, I'm going Hawaii on Saturday. Oh have fun. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: He didn't mean that at all.
Speaker 2: And Hayden and I are going to cry on each other the whole trip. Hopefully I ruined such a nice interaction for Jack. Never meet heroes, that's what they say. See Jack, Jackie, what a sweetheart?
Speaker 3: Love you darling cut.
Speaker 2: His Instagram handle reference from the podcast sound.
Speaker 3: Now that's his airtime. It can do what he wants with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good call, al right.
Speaker 3: The record at Mitchell Koon's one word is my handle.
Speaker 2: At Mitch Jury on Instagram is my handle mine is.
Speaker 3: We've run out of time, unfortunately.
Speaker 2: All at a time, sadly, all.
Speaker 4: Right, should we do Jenni's junk. We've got to do a bit of a cleanse before our Easter break.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's dive on it. Everyone.
Speaker 5: Let's take a peek at Jenner's junk, shall we.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jenne's junk is where all of our shit ideas go to die. As you know, we kick off every episode of this podcast with and is it just me? Each and if we think of one but it's a bit boring, we'll go nah, toss it aside, and then eventually we will stick a fist in Jenni's junk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just for fun.
Speaker 2: I feel privileged to be able to see Jenis junk up close and personal. It's full, I can imagine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's just how she likes it, isn't it, Jenna?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, nice and full. That's why the house got broken into and they were searching for the junk.
Speaker 3: No, we've not entered your junk in quite some time, have we.
Speaker 5: No, No, nobody's entered my junk for a while.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, so we'll just be We'll take it slow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just see how it goes.
Speaker 2: Okay, we can.
Speaker 3: When he was out of practice, is oh.
Speaker 2: God, look she was quick to jump in.
Speaker 3: God, that's more deuce than usual in the junk today.
Speaker 2: What's that smell?
Speaker 5: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Someone eating camembert?
Speaker 5: Sorry about that anyway?
Speaker 3: Anyway, Yeah, what are you found in there?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 5: Or do you miss touching the hands of customer service workers?
Speaker 2: Listen?
Speaker 3: What There's no way I put that in the junk?
Speaker 2: No, listen. I know my gyms for the last seventeen weeks have been McDonald's drive through related. But this is real because in the funny that this didn't make the main show, this is I had. I had three customer service themed gyms that were good enough to be on the mail.
Speaker 4: What was it about this that wasn't worth actually running? And it was more junk?
Speaker 2: Okay? So I'm in my one coffee a day Era and when I have to go to go to work early, I don't have time to make it at home, so I go through mac drive through it. I do this twice a week. I get along black from macas and it's good. I means, such a habit of just like pay passing and go. Anyway, when we moved, Hayden and I found like a coin jar that we had and we like in the old house. We just put away and we have, like you know, a couple hundred bucks in gold coins. So I just put a handful and a zip block and now it's in my car and I'm like, God, just use it for macas. So I get to the drive through and I'm like, oh my god, I have coins for once. And the little brittle sixteen year old kid put out that paddle popstick with the FPOs machine on the end of it, and I just pushed it away and something came over me. I had the two dollar coin in my fingertips, and you know when you hold coins and you've got to like, you know, on the drop, so you like kind of doing that that machine claw hand thing, and you're kind of like.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, just like this, yeah, and you sort of push it into their palm.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, And then she put her hand down and it was like that painting in the louver of Jesus touching the other finger of I don't know who's doing it, but we touched and we shared a connection, very very similar to when the avatar things fuck with their tails. And I put some money in her hand and it was so someone he's never seen an avatar, what, oh, you need to watch it, because they fuck with their tails. And that is true.
Speaker 3: Jenny, you've seen well, you know how much I love fucking with tails.
Speaker 2: Their tails have tentacles in them and their tails have you neither of you ever seen James Cameron's Avatar. Oh, come on, the tails fuck and that's how they have sex. And also that's how they ride animals. It's disgusting. So they fuck with their little blue tails. But also they're like, why don't we ride this, you know, air horse? And then they put their tail in the horse's tail and it goes I'm getting it up. Sorry, fuck the drive through. I beg, you're.
Speaker 3: Getting it up. You're getting your tail like, well.
Speaker 2: I don't want to search avatar sex.
Speaker 3: Oh I've already done it at home.
Speaker 2: Oh have you?
Speaker 3: Oh that's weird.
Speaker 2: Watch Jenna.
Speaker 5: Oh no, oh wait, is that that their tail or the hair?
Speaker 2: Well, it's their hair. It's actually their ponytails, which is also their tail. I believe.
Speaker 4: God, imagine if I could fuck with my ponytail. That'd be fascinating.
Speaker 2: Oh god, poor Sean. Anyway, if you've got coins, I urge you to put them in the palm of a retail worker's hands and you'll feel like we're in yesteryear again.
Speaker 4: But don't they get a little bit caught off guard when you're not paying with car because now they used to ask cash or car, but now they just go yep.
Speaker 3: Ready to tap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she hated it. She didn't know what was going on. She'd bit into it because it's so close to east. She thought it was a gold chucky coin. Now you're a fucking kid, that's real money.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 4: A random side note, did I tell you that Sean was in a macas ad when he was a teenager.
Speaker 2: It's the funniest thing. I want to say.
Speaker 5: I need to see this.
Speaker 4: So if you look up on YouTube, it's a sixteen second video and it's just love my savings account.
Speaker 3: That's what the video is called.
Speaker 5: Okay, oh my god.
Speaker 2: O my god.
Speaker 4: Looks he's the one that's the first in line.
Speaker 3: At only one dollar ninety five, you won't need to dip into.
Speaker 4: The funniest part about that ad is that you hear him go thanks heaps, But apparently that was not in the script.
Speaker 3: He just can't bring himself to.
Speaker 4: Not use his manners, so it was meant to be a non speaking role, and so he's given his change.
Speaker 3: They touch his hand and.
Speaker 4: Only one this is quite a few years old, and yet they are, you know, touching hands in the ad.
Speaker 2: Wow, there you go, guys, touch your hand and it'll make your day. Yeah, that's a walk away take away from that. Now waste time?
Speaker 5: Oh okay, is it just me or cheese?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: How good a spare bed?
Speaker 3: That's mine? I put that in there?
Speaker 2: Oh, I agree, elaborate on that.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I just remember when I was house hunting not long ago. It was like my dream to have a spare room with a spare bed. That, in my mind was the definition of I've fucking made it like I'm an adult. Now, Mum and Dad can come and stay when they please, my friends can crash. Obviously, the rental crisis meant that I did not achieve that. However, I did buy a blow up mattress, and whenever my friend Oscar needs the crash, I'll blow up the mattress.
Speaker 3: Once he goes home.
Speaker 4: I leave that thing up for a good couple of days because I just love crashing in front of the telly on a spare mattress. And I've had some of the best night's sleep of my life on the spare mattress. There's this a fun novelty about it not being my normal bed.
Speaker 2: Yep, I'm with you. I'm so with you. I love in our new house. We have a spare room and it's shut up. No no, no, there's two incomes, so it's different, you know.
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 2: I couldn't afford it on my own in this fucking market anyway, on the back of the house, so it gets all the afternoon sun where our bedroom gets the morning sun.
Speaker 3: So that's yeah.
Speaker 2: I leave for work sometimes like three in the afternoon, and like after I've done some mirrords and I come home, I have a shower, then I'll make a coffee before I leave for work, and then I'll just sit in that back groom in the spare room, and the sun is hitting the bed, and there's something about the bed. The bed's always clean because someone's not sleeping in it every night, so the sheets are always crisp and fresh, and it's like, oh, there's something about this. I love it so much. I'm with you, Oh God.
Speaker 4: One of my old apartments a couple of years ago had a west facing window, and I had the afternoon sun come in.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 4: Me and Isabella had some of the best naps in that afternoon sun.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I miss having west facing windows.
Speaker 5: I can imagine I have a west facing windows.
Speaker 2: Wow, now that's the one the criminal came in. So no, it actually is. I think you know the lucky ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's now got bars on it.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, its riddle good crim save for these days.
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 5: Or do you put off making phone calls?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: That's also me.
Speaker 4: I'm a bit embarrassed by this because I fucking know that it's easier to cut to the chase with a phone call rather than waiting for a text reply or an email reply whatever. And yet if I have to do it, I'll put it off for ages. It'll be on my to do list for days now.
Speaker 2: I love making phone calls because I'm the one that is deciding to do it, and I'm in the mood to do it. But I do not like accepting phone calls if I'm not in the head.
Speaker 4: I'm not talking about friends and shit like friends, no worries, I'm talking about phone calls you have to make. I will literally go to a different medical center if I need a GP appointment because they do online bookings, because I can't be fucked making the phone call yeah, I'm the same.
Speaker 2: I'm all about phone calls. I love it so much. I'm immediate, you know, I demand. I'm a ca when it comes to a phone call.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I put it off for so long. I was so embarrassed.
Speaker 4: The other day I had call hairdresser on my to do list for four days.
Speaker 3: I just kept putting it off and off.
Speaker 6: Every day.
Speaker 4: I'm like, no, I don't have the brain real estate to make that phone call today. Once I finally musted up the courage to make that phone call, I ended the call, looked at the phone.
Speaker 3: It was a fucking nineteen second phone call.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, And I'd put it off for four days.
Speaker 2: You speaking of jaa good to do list? I need a good to do list app? Do people have apps?
Speaker 4: I'd just do it in my phone notes because I realized that on the notes you can now do a checklist. There's a little icon there with the tick, so I still get the thrill of ticking it off.
Speaker 2: You're kidding, I.
Speaker 3: Never kid when to my kid.
Speaker 2: Very true, dus never I really want one. It's probably a not off the cloud discussion.
Speaker 4: Hey, if there's a fancier to do list app, fucking let us know idiots.
Speaker 2: Yeah please, I need it, guys. Yeah, moving on, No time to continue discussing that.
Speaker 5: Really, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Oh you fit your whole fistian A good girl.
Speaker 5: You thank you? Is it just me? Or there's nobody care about your wedding hashtag?
Speaker 2: I mean, for fuck's sake, no one uses it, not one person. No one puts up a photo on their grid of your wedding day. Ilf.
Speaker 3: I've actually been to a wedding that has a hashtag all.
Speaker 2: The weddings I go to. And maybe it's because I'm from the Shire, which is a very basic white part of Sydney, but these white heterosexual couples love a fucking hashtag.
Speaker 4: I think it's so that if they want to see their guest photos, they can look at that hashtag. So it's not with the intent of going viral. It's just to collate all the photos together. But you're right, I don't know who's actually using it.
Speaker 2: All right, Mitchell, give me two random couples and I'm going to search that hashtag right now, and we're going to see what free get married?
Speaker 4: What about like Jade and Tim hashtag?
Speaker 2: Oh here we go, Jade and Tim's wedding twenty sixteen comes up when I search it fewer than one hundred posts. Oh my god, guys, we've got Jade and Tim's wedding. What is it? Jade? And on Instagram hashtag Jade and Tim's Wedding twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: It says it's fifty eight posts.
Speaker 2: There's Jade, not Jay Jade big day, she looks phenomenal.
Speaker 5: And did Jade's friend post this?
Speaker 2: Tracy forty two posts?
Speaker 3: I see people use it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you know I'm going to follow that hashtag. I've just hit follow. I'm really happy for them, Jade and Tim.
Speaker 5: I hope they're doing well.
Speaker 3: Yeah. See, now put yourself.
Speaker 4: If you were fucking Jade or Tim, you would love going and looking at this hashtag and seeing what everyone's up to.
Speaker 2: Good call, you know what call? Fair call, fair call?
Speaker 5: That is very true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really all right.
Speaker 3: Back in the dunk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's dirty.
Speaker 3: That's really your fault.
Speaker 2: You say that as if we've done it.
Speaker 5: Sorry, okay, whatever is it just me? Or should everyone have a herb garden?
Speaker 2: It's another week?
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 3: Well, I've already vowed in this episode to not be a pot plant. Gay Son just.
Speaker 2: You so easy to use. I have a herb garden. Now, name a herb, Jenna Basil, got it? Mitch, name of herb? I don't know, don't have that one, got it? Coriander? Yep, Parsley Continental. Really we've got chili plant?
Speaker 4: What about the car? Herbie fully loaded? Now, I don't have a fucking herb.
Speaker 2: I don't have the room in the garden.
Speaker 3: For herby to his friends.
Speaker 2: No, yes, I've got a herb garden. And it's just so nice. This morning, I'm coffee and I was at the back of my pajamas watering my herb garden, drinking my coffee. It was beautiful.
Speaker 4: We have spoken about this before, and I said the same thing. I can't believe we're having this conversation.
Speaker 3: At this age. Yeah, it's really quite depressed.
Speaker 4: And now that you've got the theater of the mind with the pajamas in the backyard, I'm like, oh, wow, you in your unit, I'm like, fuck, you really are sixty years old, aren't you know?
Speaker 2: I know? Hayden was working from home on the back table and I said, are you using a Coster?
Speaker 3: Said, have you got a photo of this bloody herb? Garden that I keep hearing it.
Speaker 4: But texted to you Mitchell, h Okay, there's no need to raise You've always thatt me mate, anyway. Tell me, though, tell me, is it very consistent? Like all the herbs need the same amount of water, that same soil, same exposure to sun. Like not one of them, one of them is not going to die because you did something wrong.
Speaker 2: No, exactly, They'll all live.
Speaker 3: Are they kind of cute to look at?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 3: What does it look like a herb garden?
Speaker 2: It's all very green?
Speaker 5: They look cute.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, I'm not attached to them, and I haven't made them my personality. It's more so just.
Speaker 3: Well you've brought it up twice in the podcast.
Speaker 2: Is this the second time?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I did say that.
Speaker 2: What day is it? Next time you come over to my house and you enjoy your RIGATONI and you go, god, it tastes fresh, I'll go, yeah, because that was growing with my own blood, sweat and tears.
Speaker 3: Have you ever actually used your own herbs and cooking?
Speaker 2: Not once? Never?
Speaker 5: Okay? Is it just me? Or do you buy two of everything when you're doing groceries?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's me?
Speaker 4: Explain well, I fucking hate running out of stuff, and so especially in the bathroom. I've got a storage tub under my actual bathroom cabinet, which is the spare of everything. So once I have to reach into that and pick out the spare, it goes on the shopping list and I'll get two toothpastes, two mouthwashed, two of literally everything, and it saves my ass because I hate running out of shit.
Speaker 2: That's his genius. I have only recently started doing that because I've realized how grumpy I get when I'm out of something. It really fucks me off. So now I've got two I've got and you're right, it changes your life. I mean, not everything, you know, not for everything, Like I don't have a backup Hayunda just in case. But it's like for shampoos and for toothpastes, you know, and rice.
Speaker 4: But I feel like there's there's two types of people in the world because Sean's the opposite. He has got in his shower so many empty fucking bottles, so he runs out. Not only does he not replace it, he doesn't even remove it. And so I was having a shower at his place and I like came out of the shower and I said to him, which one of these bottles is soap? Because none of them even said soap. It was all really vague shit like body milk and all this shit, and it was all empty anyway.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm so confused. There was no dishwashing liquid, no brand.
Speaker 4: I was like, if something runs out, aren't you not compelled to replace it?
Speaker 3: He's just so unfazed.
Speaker 5: Yeah like that as well.
Speaker 2: Really, now I have to get rid of it. Jesus Christ. I can't live like that.
Speaker 5: Now. I've got a lot of shampoo and conditioner.
Speaker 2: Or in your life.
Speaker 4: No I get I'm so excited when I ran out of something because I'm like, I've got a spare that's smart.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't. I can't believe Sean, considering he's an actor and he's been in he published commercials. That shocks me.
Speaker 3: Well, considering that it's quite meticulous and crisp in every other way, I can't believe it's so slack when it comes to products and shit.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, what it's tones an eye? What tons and eyes here? I'm about to interview tons aday. Oh she's running early turns and ice here. Everyone, we're gonna put her on now we're gonna have to get out of here. Sorry, guys.
Speaker 3: No, we'll come back, do your interview and we'll.
Speaker 2: Come back FOI tones running early.
Speaker 3: I dare you to.
Speaker 4: Leave my fader up the whole time, and during your interview, I'll just randomly laugh.
Speaker 3: Where is that coming from?
Speaker 2: No, we did that with five seconds of Summer and that was when Jenna was in a bin and we didn't have enough time to get her out, So Jenna I interviewed five seconds of summer while Jenna was hiding in a wheelie bin.
Speaker 4: Oh you know, because this was a zoom interview and the outputs so what they were seeing on their end on their laptop was you. And just to fuck with you, I went outside and switched the output to Jenna in the bin for like five seconds to see for five seconds of summer if you like, to see if they'd react. And they didn't, which is quite disappointing being there on a zoom interview with the radio station and it cuts to a woman in a bin.
Speaker 2: You look like a racket. I gotta go. Sorry, Tones is here, so when little brac we'll be back. All right, Sorry, back everybody? Yep?
Speaker 3: How was the tones?
Speaker 2: And She was actually lovely, so was I. They were really they she was very sweet, truly, I'd never met her, but really didn't you? No, but that's what she said. She said to the car right over. She's like, I'm so excited because she feels like like we've had such good interviews. And then they're like, you've never met Mitch And she was shocked too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, it's not your first time interviewing her, but face to face, first time, face to face.
Speaker 3: You know what she said?
Speaker 2: She said, can you keep up the Hayden content? She finds it hilarious.
Speaker 3: What you're just tormenting your gay factor?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she loves the hating content, so I'll get back to ridiculing him. Jess Malboy didn't say that last week when I spoke to her homophobic.
Speaker 3: I noticed No, Actually I won't say that. I was saying, no, I can't, it's so rude.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 4: Have you noticed that Jess Malboys says a lot of fucking words but doesn't say anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she beats around the bush. She's beautiful.
Speaker 5: Oh, I love her.
Speaker 2: Can I just say that's a great thing for someone who is interviewing her to have because sometimes you talk to people and they just stop talking. But Jess, you ask her the time and you end up on geopolitical conflicts in Ukraine.
Speaker 3: What about the listener who were like, what is she? Where is she going with this?
Speaker 2: Did you hear my interview with her?
Speaker 3: I saw a little bit.
Speaker 4: On Instagram, but I was more referring to her on the Australian Idol finale.
Speaker 2: Okay, what happened?
Speaker 4: She just went round in circles and was saying all this vague shit and it made no sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's passionate. Anyway, back into the juant police.
Speaker 5: No, no, there's no more.
Speaker 2: Oh you're done?
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, Well why do we bother poor thing? The whole show that we were out of dunk? Anyway, we can move on?
Speaker 6: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Is it just me?
Speaker 5: Make sure you leave a review on your podcast app.
Speaker 2: If you don't, you're a little bitch. Okay. A couple of weeks ago on the show, we started something new. Mitch and I decided to chat pop culture moments that live rent free inside your head.
Speaker 4: I've got many, many, many stow it up in here for no good reason. It's wasting good brain real estate exactly.
Speaker 2: That's why We talk about it because these are things that take up space in our brain. We really wish they didn't, but they're those thoughts that pop into your mind when you're driving and you just laugh. Remember Remember when Wendy Williams collapsed on set dressed as the Empire State Building.
Speaker 4: No, the Statue of Liberty, Liberty, and she just did monologue collapse, took about nine minutes to fall to the ground and she's okay.
Speaker 2: By the way, I actually think it was faked. But that's an example of pop culture moments that live rent in my head. I will never forget that moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did one a couple of weeks ago. It's your turn, Teal, my turn.
Speaker 2: I've got three, I've collated three. They're all kinds of similar, But to be honest with you, I'm going to start with something that is similar to the Wendy Williams situation. Tyra Banks. This was an iconic moment from America's Next Top Model. Tyra Banks decides to create the ultimate drama. This was at the height of when reality shows were really starting to catch on. She's having a conversation with some of the contestants and to keep the drama at an all time high. She decides to pass out, except she fakes.
Speaker 3: It was that fake. I've seen the video of Tyra Banks fainting. I think she faked it.
Speaker 2: She pretends it's in season six, episode six, they were doing improvo classes at the Gramblings Theater in La which is where I've studied by the way, I've been there. Of course. Famously, Tyra comes to visit the girls, but he's acting exhausted. So she's coming in and she's going, oh, I'm so tired ahead of his challenge, and everyone believes her, and then she pretends to fall to the ground to teach them how to improvise. I've got the audio.
Speaker 3: It's very Oh my god, listen to this.
Speaker 5: I've been working so hard. I'm so tired of you guys. So I'm so sorry you guys.
Speaker 3: I don't mean all week in front of you, but I'm just so light headed.
Speaker 2: She stands up.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I'm right.
Speaker 5: Today. I love everyone going Tyral.
Speaker 3: Terra, please fuck.
Speaker 4: I was today years old when I found out that she was acting. I've seen that in the form of a meme many times. I thought it was just over the top, like Wendy in a way, yeah, fuck, and she was faking it. Have you seen on TikTok that a lot of people are saying that, God, America's got not America's got talent, America's next time model has not aged well, Like it's a really fucking toxic show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, let's move on to number two. Hillary Duff. We all know and love Hillary Duff. Of course, Lizzie McGuire like a naughty's legend, like she was big in the two thousands, and Gordy, God, I wanted them to fuck. I wonder if they ever did.
Speaker 3: They would have if Disney had let it go ahead.
Speaker 2: Good call. Actually yeah, they would have fucked. And she would have been like, you're gay, Junie. What's his name? Rudy cool, Gordy. Sorry.
Speaker 4: Remember they were going to do a reboot and then Disney pulled the pin on it. Actually no, Hillary pulled the pin on it because she was doing a reboot of Lizzie McGuire in her thirties, and basically Hillary Duff wanted Lizzy maguire to be a huge slut and Disney were like, na, Na, that's that's not family friendly, and she goes bro. She's thirty now she's a who it's fine and so yeah, no, they clashed and it never went ahead.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, Hillary's been in films and TV shows for quite a while. But one lesson known gig that Hillary did was she ended homophobia.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I know what this is. That's not less than known. This is the best thing she's ever done.
Speaker 2: This is her magnum opus. In two thousand and eight, Hillary Duff ended homophobia. She teamed up with a campaign that was put on by the American government. It was called knock it Off. That's what the campaign was called.
Speaker 4: This was at the time when everyone would use oh that's so gay, just casually in conversation.
Speaker 3: Everyone in school. I remember it.
Speaker 4: They'd use it to describe a bad thing. And so Hillary Duff put a fucking stop to that herself.
Speaker 2: She did the government. Sorry. The initiative was called Think Before you Speak. Wonder Sykes was in it. They were trying to champion lgbt QIA awareness around how you talk about your queer friends. Anyway, this is the commercial that Hillary start in Think before you Speak?
Speaker 3: Do you like this top so gay?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: That's to day.
Speaker 6: You know, you really shouldn't see that. See what we'll see that something's gay and you mean it's bad.
Speaker 11: It's insulting.
Speaker 6: Every time something was bad, everybody said, ah, that's so girl wearing a skirt as a top. Oh those are cute Jeansuff when you say that's so gay, do you realize what you say?
Speaker 7: Knuck it off?
Speaker 2: Oh what, that's my favorite heart? Knucket half ended homophobia in forty six seconds.
Speaker 3: And then she went to bed that night and goes, right, what are I end tomorrow?
Speaker 2: I read somewhere that the night before summer bing Laden was killed. She actually thought, I'm going to stop him tomorrow. Okay, number one. This is some Australian culture that I think has gone global. Back to America's Next Top Model. Think back to the days when Australia's Next Top Model was on our TV.
Speaker 5: Oh I know this one.
Speaker 3: I didn't have a Fox tell so I never actually got to watch it.
Speaker 2: Yes, well this was this was massive. People really got around this show and it was really big. They'd win one hundred thousand dollars, they got it harp as bizarre shoot a modeling contract like they won a lot. And Sarah Murdoch was the host of this season. This was a live finale in front of an audience of two thousand people. There were two people in the finale, two people up to win. This was the moment where they'd got the final votes and Sarah has an earpiece in and she's clearly gone the winner is. Then that they feed her who the winner is. She gets it wrong and says the wrong winner instead of the real win.
Speaker 4: Surely everyone seen this, this is this is brilliant.
Speaker 5: A listener and Australia's next top Model for twenty ten is.
Speaker 4: It's you, Kelsey.
Speaker 2: Kelsey goes crazy. She's thanking her family. She's so her mum and dad are in the audience crying as she said. Then Sarah's hand goes to an ear Oh my god, I don't know.
Speaker 4: What to say right now.
Speaker 6: I'm feeling a bit.
Speaker 5: Sick about this. No. Oh, I'm so sorry about this.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't know what to say. This is not this is a complete accident.
Speaker 6: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: It's Amanda. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: It was fed to me wrong.
Speaker 5: This is what happens when you have live TV, folks. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: This is insane, insane, insane.
Speaker 5: It's fine. Don't happens it's okay, it's an honest mistake. It's fine.
Speaker 2: It goes on. And my god, that was handled terrible.
Speaker 5: That was horrific.
Speaker 4: How the fuck is it that the chick who thought she won and then ended up being told that she hadn't won was the one consoling everyone else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 4: It's like, no, you're the one that should be having a hissy fit right now. I've been like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: I was robbed? I just can't handle how bad is she? If you were the production crew, no one would ever know that you fucked up. Just give it to the other girl. It doesn't matter. No one knows who those two people are anyway.
Speaker 4: See whatever happened to the envelope, that's part of the excitement of live TV when they opened the big envelope and the winner.
Speaker 2: Is that very true anyway? That's I mean, truly iconic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not going anywhere. You'll never forget that, despite your ishies with your brain.
Speaker 2: No, truly, no, the rest of my life. True, that's my biggest nightmare hosting award shows. Goodness me, the podcast awards. Do you know you're there?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, my god, forgot Sandra Sala's name. Almost called her Tracy Grimshaw. No, it wouldn't have gone down well, thank god, she was plassed.
Speaker 3: Weren't you just reading a script though?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, okay, never ever accept that gig again, anything where you're required to remember name.
Speaker 2: It was off a calf. That's truly awful. All right, shall we shall we head out of here, guys, last.
Speaker 4: Other way, by the way, shit yarn I nearly called her Tracy Grimshaw, but I didn't.
Speaker 3: Why are we talking about it?
Speaker 2: Let's go. We're going to be off for a couple of weeks, but when we return, we'll be rear and I'm ready to go, well rested, happy in here.
Speaker 3: Have a gorgeous easter, won't you? Idiots?
Speaker 2: Yes, hope the easter bunny joins you, and you have a great easter, and look after yourself, Jenna and Mitch and I'll be back in touch in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: All right, hold on, I'm just googling how to say goodbye in Hawaiian.
Speaker 3: Oh, give me a sec.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's also aloha, oh helloha?
Speaker 3: All right, well aloha Mitch. It's kind of like buller. It's just a general salutation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is all right. Aloha mahala, see you soon, guys, A looha.
Speaker 5: Bitch, just me A podcast by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 2: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast.
Speaker 4: Start, Welcome to add brief. This is our secret segment. On the end, we pretend that the podcast is over, but it ain't. We talked shit here. Nothing planned. No one's bringing anything in particular to the table. We just fucking wing it for a bit, truly.
Speaker 2: Nothing has planned at.
Speaker 5: All, No, nothing, the slightest everybody.
Speaker 3: Not at all. Certainly not Jenna's pregnancy. That's not planned.
Speaker 5: No, No, that wasn't planned.
Speaker 2: Well, we should announce that. Jenna thought she did a COVID test. Yeah, and we all thought she did too, and she was isolating and then she said, god, wing on it was the hardest part, and we said, what she said, a wing on the test was the hardest part. We said, no, Jenna, what you've done as a pregnancy test?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not a COVID test.
Speaker 2: So she's expecting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, twins, Yeah, twins.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Phineas and ferb.
Speaker 4: Bill and Ben the flower pop Man, don't expect me to be that. I'm off pop plants.
Speaker 2: Jade and Tim.
Speaker 3: Him, Well, they can't get married.
Speaker 2: No, they can't.
Speaker 3: It's Jade and Tim's christening. Hashtag taken.
Speaker 2: Gender reveal.
Speaker 4: I haven't been to a good wedding in Ages, by the way, Mitch, can you? And Hayden's not fucking about?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Please, it's been so.
Speaker 2: Long a lot of people.
Speaker 3: I've already picked out my flower girl dress.
Speaker 2: Oh really, what's it going to be?
Speaker 3: Well, I can't show you.
Speaker 2: I don't like get to pick my flower girls things. Nah, I've got a really yeah, yeah, don't I get to pick everything?
Speaker 3: Wait? No, wait, Jana's flower girl. I'm best man.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm flower girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mitchell is in the party with my two sisters.
Speaker 3: Hang the fuck on? Am I not the best man anymore? Because you told me? Oh god, it was probably a couple of years ago on the podcast.
Speaker 4: I think it might have even been that episode that we did when we're in isolation for Easter.
Speaker 3: Remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were bowd and Gate.
Speaker 3: No, it was just.
Speaker 4: COVID and we couldn't go home for ESA, so we did an Easter episode where we're all from home, and you told me that I would be the best man because I'm organized as fuck.
Speaker 2: You are. Actually, yeah, I stand by that. Look, I don't I don't rescind that at all. Yeah, you'd be in charge of the party. You'd be heading up my two sisters. But the thing is now I have to invite my brother in law, which I actually like, I really like him, but he invited me, so now by law I have to invite him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also my cousin Drew.
Speaker 3: That doesn't mean he's the best one.
Speaker 2: No, he's not gonna be the best man. He'll be a groomsman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'll be my bitch.
Speaker 2: If you're he will be your bitch. If you're asked to be in someone's party, do you then have to respond and offer them the same role?
Speaker 4: I mean, really, it's up to you. Obviously, I've never been fucking married.
Speaker 3: I know. Did you wonder? I know?
Speaker 4: But I guess you'd be more inclined to ask them because you're like, oh, I better. But also it's your big day, it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 2: Good call. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, did you clock Jenna the way that he said rescinned? Yes, he goes recinned.
Speaker 6: I that.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, hang on, babe, can you turn the music down. I've got to a reverse parallel park.
Speaker 2: I also say receat instead of receipt. No, do you the receipt?
Speaker 3: Oh, just say docket.
Speaker 2: Yea shop a docket, remember shop shopping dockers. Do they still have adds on the back of them?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they have little Dominoes tokens on the back that you can the coupon ponds cheap pizza.
Speaker 2: I do remember that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm so fucking upset.
Speaker 4: Last night had a couple of friends over and I said to them I was going to cook, but have it instead I order some beautiful pizza. Now when I say beautiful pizza, you know exactly what the fuck I mean. I'm not getting Dominoes. I'm getting beautiful pizza.
Speaker 5: Italian Italian pizza.
Speaker 3: Good fight, Yes, yes exactly.
Speaker 4: And so I ordered on Uber Eats and I ordered some fucking places like Giuseppes or some shit.
Speaker 3: It looked authentic Italian.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it was like they dropped the pizza in a bucket and then went bargaret. It was so sloppy and wet and foul. My beautiful pizza expectation was not met.
Speaker 3: I was furious.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: But but like authentic Italian pizza is often very wet, like they just put watery tomato sauce on very wet dough. Isn't that authentic?
Speaker 3: No, it was sloppy. It was fucking sloppy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't want sloppy.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Sarah Murdoch's been on the screen the whole time. I haven't been looking at you, mich Sorry, it's sorry, you're back.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen my facial expense.
Speaker 2: I got where you were for a second there, and then I looked up to see you when it was Sarah Murdoch.
Speaker 3: And you're like, wow, Mitch looks great.
Speaker 2: I thought, no shit. Mitch looks stressed and worried, almost as if he's announce the wrong winner of a reality program.
Speaker 3: Mitch feels sick about this.
Speaker 2: I feel so sick about this.
Speaker 3: That's not right.
Speaker 2: It's not right. It's mel, it's your mel. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: That was me looking at my pizza last night. I feel sick about this. It's not right, right, it's not right, sloppy, fucking mess.
Speaker 4: Truly, I wanted the thought of pizza that you eat it and it doesn't even feel unhealthy really, but this one just felt like a hazard.
Speaker 2: Oh sometimes you eat like Domino's pizza and the oil is horrific.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like, you know, a good middle ground. It doesn't you know, it's a guilty pleasure but doesn't feel that gross.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I miss eagle Boys. Bring that ship up.
Speaker 5: Eagle Boys was the best.
Speaker 2: Oh. I didn't ever really get Eagle Boys really yeah?
Speaker 3: Really? Oh no, it was so dope.
Speaker 4: There was something about their crust and there what do you call it, the shit on the bottom the base? Yeah, but it was beautiful stuff.
Speaker 3: What do you do it? On your phone?
Speaker 2: Mitch? People are messaging me a They're saying, is Jenna really going into the jungle?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Come, Jenna, you need to address these rumors once and for all.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's true. I am going to.
Speaker 4: The You are not and to vote for Jenna. Text Jenna to wonder when I triple five triple five seven?
Speaker 2: Sorry, that's what that's happening. Tried to find jungle music.
Speaker 4: Can I just say something very odd to me that in our Facebook group and during idiots at different stages, they've speculated that you, Cheery are going into the jungle. You Jenna, are going into the jungle for I'm a celeb. Not one person has said I reckon. Mitchell Kombs is going in true like that's out of the realm.
Speaker 2: God'd be very offended if I were you too, But you know they're called idiots for a reason.
Speaker 4: We love them dearly, but fuck not the sharpest spanner in the shed.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, I think they just know that I'm dumb enough this is Welcome to the Jungle to say yes to it, because I say yes to everything. As learned in this podcast, true Jenna is peer pressed into anything yes, true, and Mitch, you just be like, no, I don't need to go to the jungle. I can pose one instant story and get as many views as you dicks get on that shot.
Speaker 4: If they asked me, I wouldn't say no. But I'm not gagging to do that. No, like swimming with snakes and whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, i'd do it. I'd do the jungle.
Speaker 4: I know that it's kind of easier said than done, but I actually feel like I could cope just fine in those weird situations where they like put you in a bloody coffin full of cockroaches and whatever.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good at disassociating.
Speaker 5: I could do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wouldn't be I wouldn't actually give them the reaction they want.
Speaker 3: The producers be furious.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be there going at them.
Speaker 3: I'd just be there like.
Speaker 2: Yeah and you on that. I wouldn't have a real I don't Bugs and cretins don't freak me out.
Speaker 3: You know they do if they catch me off guard.
Speaker 4: But if I'm putting a coffin and I'm told you're going to be covered in cockroaches, I've got time to mentally prepare.
Speaker 2: You said, babe, we do this in season two. Mate, Now what are you all doing for our holiday? Like deep on a deeper level. I and know I've all discussed it, but what are we actually doing. We're gonna have some away time. You're going to chill with Sean Mitch.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not really on a holiday. I'm still working.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Likewise true, Jennet, Yeah, you're meant to be putting in your leave.
Speaker 5: I know, I know I will genuinely put in the.
Speaker 2: Jungle is work for you? That is what Jenna runs the tweets for the Ugande in African society.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she does the u caan't in African society.
Speaker 3: That's what they called it, is it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did see. I thought no wonder. I'm getting so many messages ask if I'm going to the jungle.
Speaker 8: They go, Vista, He's bigger, Vaninian all we could fit on this continent, best, larger than life entertainer.
Speaker 2: We love the jungle. I do a good impression of that.
Speaker 3: I really do. Hypothetically, if I.
Speaker 4: Was to be cast and I'm a celebrity, get me out of here, what would my clue be in that voiceover?
Speaker 10: Oh good, cool, He's gotten more influence than an African elder. Social media sensation lands in Uguana July fourteenth.
Speaker 3: What about Jenna?
Speaker 1: Not even the high is interested in body? Vista and ky paper thin woman. That's so mean?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, mine was mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, self deprecating is a bit different.
Speaker 2: They yell them, they yell them.
Speaker 8: The giraffes will love our female social media star.
Speaker 2: He's that a clue for Jenna? She's tall?
Speaker 3: I don't think she's that tall?
Speaker 5: Is she not that tall?
Speaker 3: Am I taller than you? Jenna?
Speaker 5: I feel like we're similar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm just going to bring up one of our photos. Okay, yeah, I'm taller than her. Name said, I'm.
Speaker 5: Tall, Jessica man boy.
Speaker 2: Watch out lions. All this pop Princess old chew, you're here off.
Speaker 3: Instead of calling her no nonsense, you call her no no nonsense.
Speaker 5: Look lover.
Speaker 3: But fuck, she's sweet and she means well. She just doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to watch The Jungle.
Speaker 4: Can you please go to the Instagram account for your radio show, The Pickup and look at that video of Jess on the show the other day. Another example where you didn't actually ask a question, but she also didn't answer it. It was just her talking at you about nothing. And there's one funny moment where it cuts to your co host Britt and she kind of goes hmm to agree with what Jess said. But I know Britt was thinking h what.
Speaker 6: Quickly.
Speaker 3: It wasn't even deep. She was just saying things.
Speaker 2: I know, we think that's amazing. But you paved the way for a young queer indigenous boy to win this show.
Speaker 3: He really did.
Speaker 11: I got to speak to him earlier today. And I've always mentioned to youth any kind of when I'm doing youth pros, it's really about storytelling and being able to turn into yourself. Who are you, you know, where you come from, what you've learned. And then there's the bigger outside world of that. But he's such a sweet Britain artist, and they all are, you know, and I think once they leave that, I think it's really up to them to create those choices.
Speaker 7: It takes time, you know.
Speaker 11: I'm still discovering where I fit in into my own kind of world, particularly with music, and still being okay with that and not being too hard on ourselves.
Speaker 4: Okay, so just tell me, Mitchell, very simple question. What was that point.
Speaker 2: That she's always been supportive to youth?
Speaker 3: Jenna? Did you pick that up?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: She lost me.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. I love her that, you know.
Speaker 3: Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 4: Bitch can sing, love her music, love her personality. But sometimes when I hear interviews, I'm like, what did.
Speaker 3: You just say?
Speaker 2: We've just a break anyway, I've got to go, everybody, I've got a fight to catch, love you all.
Speaker 3: I have to run away forty eight hours. What do you do?
Speaker 4: We're at that point in the podcast again where he just gets distracted on the computer, so actually paying attention to us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not wrong. I do have to run and I'm going now. Goodbye to all, Thank you for listening, and I'll see you in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: Wait, we hope this podcast made you feel at least three percent better today.
Speaker 3: That's all, Mitchell. We'll try that again.
Speaker 4: Okay, we hope this podcast made you feel at least three percent better today.
Speaker 3: That's all. Just three percent, so we do. Oh that was gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we won't be here for a little bit, but we promise we'll return. All three of us will be back and we will see you then. Thanks for listening to the show. Guys, give us a five star review.
Speaker 3: Please can't wait.
Speaker 4: And hey, if you're in Melbourne, not too late to get tickets in my comedy show link and by you on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Hope to see you there.
Speaker 6: You all five bar.
Speaker 5: Fa just me a podcast by a couple of meters.
Speaker 2: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.