Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast listener.
Speaker 2: I had a near death experience yesterday. I am heavily bandished up this morning. As you can attest, Jack, I.
Speaker 3: Can say it, what's happened.
Speaker 2: I look like a mummy today. Just for the theater of the mind as you listen to the show wherever you are.
Speaker 3: I had an accident in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: There are things in the kitchen that I actually think conspire to work against us and attack us.
Speaker 3: The cheese Greater.
Speaker 2: I still get nervous using I'm very wary and respectful around the powers of the cheese Greater.
Speaker 3: Yesterday I was making a dinner.
Speaker 2: My wife said, Chris, it'd be nice if you spiralize some zucchini. Straight Away, I was, oh, no, is that mean I've got to use the spiralizer. The spiralizer comes out about once or twice a year, which ones I know what the Yes, okay you crank it, Yes, spiralize.
Speaker 3: You crank it.
Speaker 2: In these days, we don't need to be get your crunkle in the kitchen. Okay, you don't need to be cranking up, winding up anything that moves. Zucchini won those zucchinis into basically blades. Yes, it's a slow motion aided weapon of death. And even just assembling this awful contraption as a nightmare. Have you got a spinalizer patch?
Speaker 3: Died?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, we can have mine.
Speaker 3: This is one cup, by the way.
Speaker 2: And so once I'd spiralized the zucchini, I was ent trying to reassemble it to clean this wretched thing. That's when it sliced me, not once, not twice, thrice. Oh my near fatal slash wounds on me. Okay, and I was like, there's a blood dripping everywhere.
Speaker 3: I lost about six pints of blood. That's your radio fader finger as well.
Speaker 2: Luckily this controls the mics, but the actual music comes out the right hand. Some lord Fader is still going to always be okay, guys, so don't worry.
Speaker 3: But yeah, just trying to clean this machine.
Speaker 2: I was actually sworn it right, and I said, I'm trying to help you, trying to clean it. I'm doing this for you. Please put down those walls of defense spiralizer and those blades there. I was bitching in the kitchen and that's what I was cool this morning. Something in the kitchen has attacked you, and I want to hear all about it, Caitlin. I think you've still got a scarf from something. They're not that god awful seven and one thing that you're trying to force on us as prize of the decade, though.
Speaker 1: That would never injure me. That's the most fantastic.
Speaker 3: Because you couldn't even do that.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I nearly chopped my finger off cutting a pumpkin.
Speaker 3: Too sharp a knife or just slipped.
Speaker 1: So pumpkins are very very dangerous if when you slicing down on them.
Speaker 2: They're quite pumpkins are in how are they dangerous themselves?
Speaker 1: Because they're quite dance and hard, So when you're slicing down if you do it at a soft rate, which I did, I went to go and I bounced back up, and so I went to go again, but with the heaviness, and I sliced my finger.
Speaker 2: Instead of the punk hard to get through a pumpkin, Apparently, the most dangerous thing in the kitchen is trying to sort out the avocado.
Speaker 3: People cut through. Yes, as you're slicing, the people cut through, and you know when they cut through the web of that thumb. Yeah, but you put it on a chopping board.
Speaker 2: You don't rest it on your hands. Should be surprised, you'd be very surprised, Patsy. I think the stories we're going to hear Testay today nine four one four one o four three. Bitchin in the kitchen? What attacked you?
Speaker 3: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Saria has found out the most top five most dangerous things in the kitchen?
Speaker 3: What did you find?
Speaker 2: Yes, pumpkin, as Caitlin said, is the most dangerous vegetable in the kitchen, followed by the butternut squash, the turnip.
Speaker 3: The Jerusalem and how many of us having turn what you are we invaded again? Jerusalem choke and then the lichi no me, the onion avocado, no.
Speaker 2: Light cheese and atichokehts, Oh my god, you got I actually had choke huts yesterday and li chi is on the weekend.
Speaker 3: You are said, that's how sidney you are. You're eating enough carts.
Speaker 5: That's not my problem.
Speaker 3: It's the light cheese. Did you make you? Did you make us some nice light cheam? Come quite sorry?
Speaker 2: Sorry to burn you like that, all right?
Speaker 3: Catherine? What injured you in the kitchen?
Speaker 4: I have had multiple injuries from something that should come with a safety warning. And that's the darn cleaver vegetable peeler. Don't know if you've see these things that they've got teeth, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Now do describe it to us.
Speaker 4: Catherine, Okay, it's it's you peel your veggies with it. But if your finger gets in the way, you take off multiple layers of skin. Because the damn thing's got claws a bit like Edward scissor hands, and I've lost tips of fingers back over.
Speaker 5: But I really.
Speaker 4: Wish I hadn't thrown out my old one. This thing is dangerous. I've got my fingers around it now, trying to strangle the damn thing.
Speaker 3: Why what?
Speaker 1: What's wrong with the normal vege stable pills?
Speaker 2: The rest of it one blade and that means you slice it away from you.
Speaker 3: It's worked for.
Speaker 4: Danny, blamed my husband and he's online shopping.
Speaker 3: I'm still waiting for my grease. Please. Actually has been intercepted by the government.
Speaker 4: He was about to get me.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at it now. It looks like a tortured device.
Speaker 4: Yeah they look Katherine, it's good intent. It grins at you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Katherine, thanks you cooing mate. Have a good day, Vanessa. Hi there, wanting Vanessa, Welcome to a show. So what's she kitchen injury?
Speaker 5: So quite a few years ago, I wanted to have some spaghetti Bowline's for dinner and it was frozen, so I got it out of the freezer and grabbed CID a sharp knife and just started stabbing it to try and break it in half. And my finger slipped it right down the blade and I ended up snapping my tendon on my little finger. Oh gosh, and I had to have like, I had to have an operation, and then I had to have weeks of hand therapy. But the funny thing was when I went into emergency, the guy, the doctor, he said, oh, so, how did you do that? Was it on the spaghetti bowl and a or the avocado?
Speaker 3: You're kidding? They narrowed it down. Now you were the spag boll side the equation.
Speaker 5: I exactly what I've done. And then weeks later, even now like this probably happened twenty years ago, my fingers just like this big hook. So and I work with children and I tell them I'm a witch and they all kind of look sideways, not sure if I'm serious or not. So yeah, it's been kind a bit of a funny story.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what for that, So maybe tomorrow on the show. Your body is a party trick?
Speaker 3: What does it do?
Speaker 2: I love that if my hand suddenly became a claw, you terrify kids with it.
Speaker 3: It should actually you should be made to do that.
Speaker 2: If you don't do that, that's great. Thank you very much, your story very funny.
Speaker 3: He gave thanks The Christian O'Connell Show podcast