Speaker 1: Come on hello everyone, Happy Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Hi girls, Hi.
Speaker 3: How exciting, exciting and sad that this is our last week of the year, but then we all get to go on holiday.
Speaker 4: How cool is this?
Speaker 3: So I myself am jetting off to Romania. That's where my fiance Ben lives, So I'm going to spend a couple of weeks over there. Guess what I just discovered about Romania? And I reckon everyone should introduce this.
Speaker 2: It has a lot of bears.
Speaker 3: I discovered that last time when I booked a hiking trip and then Ben told me there's two thousand bears that will rip me to shows.
Speaker 5: It's a really interesting place, isn't it. I feel like it's a place like Romania. Most people wouldn't have a great insight into what Romania is looking, but like Dracula.
Speaker 4: How cool is this? They have implemented something.
Speaker 3: They implemented it as a bit of a trial for like a health week, and it went so well that they lengthened it out for a couple of months of the year, and I think they might keep it. What you can do for public transport instead of buying a bus ticket, there's a camera in the ticket machine. You can do twenty squats and you get a free ticket, So.
Speaker 4: It's encouraging people to exercise.
Speaker 3: So if you don't want your bus ticket, you do twenty squats, it records you, then you get you Yeah, because it's encouraging people to like live a healthier lifestyle. Cool.
Speaker 5: Okay, what about people who are in wheelchairs will have no legs and then they're like, I don't get a free ticket or.
Speaker 2: Do they get free tickets? Anyway, they probably get you would hope. So otherwise it's very isolated.
Speaker 1: Can you film this for us and send it back and we'll put Yeah, you can get fifty squats.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: Well, I wonder if it looks at you and it's like not.
Speaker 6: Deep enough, like get lower's deep enough.
Speaker 2: Squat's more sense, though, it just takes so much time.
Speaker 5: Imagine peak hour traffic trying to get onto a bus and everyone's squatting.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why I think it started off as this extra little initiative supposed to be forever, but it's skyrocketed. They had like fifty thousand squatting patrons in the first week.
Speaker 5: Squatters squatters but like the Good Current taken on a very different name terminology.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is, isn't it? Well? All for two pound? Bus fair her one pound? I think one pound? Yeah? All right.
Speaker 1: Next on the show, we're kicking off with the controversy of the country. A ray Gun the Olympian, the kangaroo nanswer.
Speaker 2: Everyone's talking about it.
Speaker 1: Well, she's kind of shot herself in the Little Kangaroo Pao here because she was an Australian icon. Now this week one of the most hated people in the country.
Speaker 4: Oh that's tough, big strap, just a grace.
Speaker 5: Would you agree?
Speaker 6: No, I really got met someone internality. Would you agree?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: I think he's paid twelve an hour? All right? Next, ray Gun? Why is she canceled? Or tell you after this?
Speaker 1: One of the biggest news stories of the last year has been a Rachel ray Gun.
Speaker 6: Ray Gun. Yeah, classic r G.
Speaker 1: She was ourations of yeah, a representative at the Paris Olympic for breakdancing, and she had that iconic kangaroo hop that abysmal performance, which really watching back wasn't that bad, but it was one of those viral internet moments that you know.
Speaker 2: No, it really was that bad. It really was.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean she became she's become like a meme. In another self.
Speaker 2: It was just unique.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing though, in recent days people have been discussing Raygun and if she's played the whole thing the right way, because, as we know, if you have a big moment like that, like a viral moment, you can really ride that and monetize it and live your life off that newfound fame, right, you can be icon status like she was on They did parodies of her on Jimmy Fallon. Everyone in the US were talking about it. Raygun was everywhere. Now Sydney based comedian Steph Broadbridge, who I've seen alive. She's very funny. She put on Raygun the Musical, which was meant to be this past weekend. Now mind you, it was at a GABA and it was to a very small audience.
Speaker 4: This was the seventy seats.
Speaker 6: This is not like a four thousand seat venue. It's a small comedian and.
Speaker 5: It's obviously a comedy parody performance, right, Like it's all It was meant to be about Raygun's upbringing stuff, wasn't it, and her rise to Olympic fame.
Speaker 1: Yes, correct, it was meant to be a bit of fun, right. She's had to cancel the show because ray Gun's legal team got involved and said, hey, babe, cease and desist. This is what Steph has posted to her socials this weekend.
Speaker 6: Hi, I'm comedian Steph broad Rich my Chile show for Raygun.
Speaker 2: The musical has been canceled.
Speaker 5: Ray Gun's lawyers got in touch with the venue and threatened legal actions.
Speaker 6: So they were very concerned that people would think that Rachel Gunn was affiliated with the musical.
Speaker 5: I want to assure everyone she will not be part of the show.
Speaker 6: They also said, I wasn't allowed to do the dance.
Speaker 1: Kangaroo dance.
Speaker 6: What do we think?
Speaker 1: Do we think this is a bit off from Rachel Raygun or is she just trying to protect a brand.
Speaker 2: Look, it's a tricky one.
Speaker 5: And when I very first read it, I was also like, oh, come on, like, let a comedian have a laugh. And also all the money that Steph was raising through the show was going towards a woman's.
Speaker 2: Shelter, like it was all for charity as well.
Speaker 5: But the more I thought about it, the more I do you feel sorry for Raygun?
Speaker 2: Because I think it would be incredibly.
Speaker 5: Hard to see all of these other people making money off your image. And I say this because you can buy Halloween costumes of Raygun, you can buy Christmas baubles, you can even buy this little thing that you stick on the back of your car window so that the windscreen wipe. But when it goes like this, it's Raygun's legs flick. But so many people work their ass off to get to that level of status.
Speaker 2: Totally.
Speaker 5: But the problem is that she's not making any money off that. So like all these people and all these companies and external sources are making a lot of money off the back of her image, but she's not profiting from it. So I understand why she's wanting to like trademark her image, trademark Raygun, and also trademark the dance moves that she did so that other people can't profit off her product.
Speaker 3: I think it goes further than that as well, and I completely agree Laura. I think that she's just had enough. She has been made fun of and been the butt of the joke worldwide, not nationally, not locally worldwide, like the biggest artists, athletes, comedians in the world have been taking the piers. I don't think she went to shut down this little production on its own. I don't think she pointed it out. I think she set up hard enough. Whatever comes up in the next few months shut it down.
Speaker 5: What do you think, Mitch, I feel like you've got a different opinion.
Speaker 1: I mean, I kind of do. I just think we're taking it so seriously. She's a breakdancer. She's also not like a brain surgeon who's being mocked. She's a breakdancer. That is the most ridiculous a form of entertainment.
Speaker 5: But also the sports will probably disagree, the breakers will feel differently.
Speaker 1: About I know, but no, I'm not putting down break dancing. I admire it, but it's it's it's fun, it's entertainment.
Speaker 5: And especially I think it's really the Australian way to be like, lean into the joke, be self deprecating, like you know, be a part of it.
Speaker 2: And I do think that she probably could.
Speaker 5: Have navigated this a little bit differently, in that if she really had leant into the jokes as well, she probably would be more of like the Australian's sweetheart than online. It seems like people still really have some very mixed feelings about the performance and everything else.
Speaker 1: Y know, there's no ill ill like you know, thoughts towards Raygun. I hope, but it's just the irony of all this is that come January or February, she'll be in the Army of celebrity jungle.
Speaker 5: And I am convinced she's doing it, absolutely convinced. Well, she came out and said she's absolutely not doing it. She went so hard on saying that she's not doing it, but I think she might. But then more rumors came out that she is, that she's back in.
Speaker 6: Just so suitor up and coming comedian. So I don't take all, yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe she's out again.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: We'll say, well, look coming up. I want to know, have you ever lied to your children? And if so, give us a call and tell us what those lies were, because I lied to my kids on the weekend, and look it went pretty well actually on the pick up. So I discovered a new way.
Speaker 2: Actually it's protainly a new way.
Speaker 5: I don't know how I would describe this, but basically I lied to my children on the weekend.
Speaker 4: I don't have to describe this.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm a new thing.
Speaker 2: I'm a liar.
Speaker 5: The thing is is, I think most parents have told their kids a white lie. So either get out of doing something that they don't want to do or to try, and just like soften the arguments or the debating that happens when you've got little kids. If you have lied to your children about something, give us call, let us know what it is, because I need the affirmation that I'm not a terrible parrot. So on the weekend where we are, it was torrential rain on Saturday, like it was it was absolutely bucketing down and now the kids have been desperate to go and see Majana Too at the cinema looks very good. And I was like, great, okay, Sunday, that's what is going to be our rainy day activity.
Speaker 2: I'll take them to the cinemas. So we booked in.
Speaker 5: We bought tickets to Juana two, had the time slot locked in. The kids were so excited, like they were absolutely pumped for it. And then Sunday rolled around and we woke up and I opened the blinds and it was a beautiful day here on Sunday, like it was absolutely pristine.
Speaker 2: The sun was out, it was so hot, and Matt.
Speaker 5: And I we had this moment where we were like, the last thing I want to do is go and sit in a cinema on the only hot day that we've had in so long. So we went downstairs and we told the kids, guys, we're so sorry, but we can't go to the cinema today. Emali and Lawla obviously devastated, and we were like, the cinemas are only open when it's raining, and they're closed on hot days, so you have to do an outside act on a hot day. And tears gone instantly. They were like, okay, mom, we get that, and we went to the beach. I spent the whole day at the beach, and now I need to at some point tell my kids that actually, the cinemas are open even when it's raining, I mean sunny.
Speaker 4: I think it's an okay lie for now.
Speaker 3: The problem is they're going to go to school and they're gonna tell their friends that, and their friends are going to go I'm calling bs. I go to the cinema all the time when it's sunny, and I'll just tell them.
Speaker 2: And you've got to double down, right, friend's wrong.
Speaker 1: Your friend, It's all right, don't stress it. You've got to make it through adulthood somehow. Why are your kids?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I mean there's got to be a benchmark to it, right, there's a limit to how much you can lie. We did have a few people right into the text line. This one mom said that she told her children that the eject button on the CD player in the car was actually to eject their seat if they were misbehaving.
Speaker 6: Who put used the CDs? I don't believe that. Yeah, that a CD.
Speaker 2: They probably don't anymore.
Speaker 5: They might be older and their kids have grown up, but it was like what they use. They said, like that button if you're misbehaving, that eject is not for the CD.
Speaker 2: It's for you. You're going out of the car window, don't You used.
Speaker 3: To have cars that had the CD player like under the seat and you.
Speaker 4: Could have like five stuckers under Yeah. Or Mitch's too young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're too young.
Speaker 5: My mum always used to tell me that if you put the car lights on when you were driving and drove for any distance with the internal car lights on at night time, it was illegal and we were get pulled over by the police.
Speaker 1: Georgie says, when the kids want to watch TV and I don't want them to a convince them that the Wiggles are asleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fair that's good.
Speaker 6: The wiggles are just alive.
Speaker 2: I think this is good.
Speaker 3: Lottie Lotty said, I gas lit my kids into believing their noses turned red every time they lie, but only adults can see it.
Speaker 4: That's when you wean the pool and it turns back.
Speaker 6: That's fake.
Speaker 1: Rene says, I told my kid that there were ants that come out from under his bed when it's dark, so he doesn't get out of bed.
Speaker 5: No show me, because you've got to be able to get out.
Speaker 4: Of bed if you're scared or need to.
Speaker 2: We Yeah, and you also can't like traumatize your children.
Speaker 6: When Amy's given us a call, Hey, Amy, what light do you tell your kids?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 3: I tell my kids that if they eat boggers, will take them to the hospital and the doctor little have to take their bookers out by surgery.
Speaker 2: That's also traumatizing.
Speaker 3: There's something disgusting about thinking about someone eating boggers.
Speaker 4: Isn't there No, it's a little bit of a snatch, like they don't They also think it tastes good, like it's just what kids some kids do.
Speaker 5: They're like, it's nice. Do you know what what my oldest has just started doing? She she came into the bedroom the other morning and she was like, hey, Mommy, I just put this in the glass. I have a glass cup next to the sink. She's like, I'm just putting this in the glass cup and I was like, what is it? And she goes, Oh, it's my scab. I've been collecting that. She got four scabs. There was four scabs in the glass cup next to the sink.
Speaker 2: That makes kids a gross.
Speaker 1: And they need to She needs to see someone because that's Jeffrey Darma started doing it and he starts collecting scabs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think roadkill.
Speaker 6: Okay, very different, is fine? All right?
Speaker 4: Next on the show, Yeah, next on the show. Speaking of disgusting, my fiance Ben has.
Speaker 3: Been encouraged to do a pretty wild thing to help treat an injury. I have not heard of this before in my life, and I think you're going.
Speaker 4: To be just as shocked.
Speaker 6: All right, after this on the pickup.
Speaker 3: I learned something today. I'm going to make this a bit of an education piece because I'm going to assume there are a lot of people sitting in the car. Mitch, Laura, I'm going to assume you also don't know. So my fiancee Ben lives overseas in Romania. What I know. You know that that's not the education piece. But last week or two weeks ago whatever, he hurt himself. He's a professional athlete bace football. He like hurt his calf muscle, not seriously back in a week or two anyway to.
Speaker 4: Speed up the recovery.
Speaker 3: They have been told me that they're going to try this new lake technique. Now apparently there's this one woman that's renowned for it in another European country.
Speaker 4: I don't maybe Poland. I don't know where she is.
Speaker 3: They fly athletes to her, or they'll fly her to athletes, and what she does is mass sages plus center into the injury. And that is the way that they're treating injuries over in Europe.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, but I hate it. No thanks, placenter. I don't want that on that way.
Speaker 6: So placenter is like after birth.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, It's like you have your baby and then you give birth to the placenta. It's the placenta is what keeps the baby alive? Yeah, well yeah, it's it's life supply. Basically, it's connected to your uterus and it's part of the uterus lining.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would like to think there's nothing more nutrient dense in the world, Like it is literally responsible for growing a human and keeping them alive, Like it's the properties in the power of placenta are incredible.
Speaker 2: But surely just.
Speaker 5: Massaging into the skin is not going to fix his muscles, Like, surely she's got to inject placenta into him or something rather than just like giving him a massage with it.
Speaker 3: I think they might maybe it's like dry needling where they put little tiny needles in and then they massage the I don't know, no one quote minds, but I know it's I know there's after birth been rubbed down on him, and that's what's supposed to.
Speaker 5: Like who after birth are we talking about? Like is he just going to the like local outpatient clinic for the women's hospital or is it a farm animal?
Speaker 2: Like how are you?
Speaker 6: Europe is so weird, man, it's probably some sex kink after birth Europeans things.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: I did ask this because in my head when he told me that's what they're going to do, I just pictured some poor woman that's just birthed something and then Ben's going to be wheeled in and rubbed down with.
Speaker 2: The after birth. But it's actually a horse, perfect, Yeah, the women's horse or the horse.
Speaker 3: A horse has a baby horse and then the horse placenta and then a burst of placenta.
Speaker 4: Then they store the placenta from the horse.
Speaker 6: So is it rubbed?
Speaker 1: Is because I'm picturing the placenter wrapped around an ankle, almost like an ankle.
Speaker 6: Guard, and it's like shipping.
Speaker 4: Up and down.
Speaker 6: You're like a sham woux kind of thing. But is it is it? Is it dehydrated or is it?
Speaker 4: I don't I think it's moist. I imagine it still has to be more.
Speaker 6: Can't be moistful.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 6: You know what it's like, you know, you know what I'm picturing.
Speaker 1: You know, when you hurt your back and you get a deep heat patch and it kind of is a sticky taped heat patch to your back. I'm picturing it's just a sticky taped placenta and leave it on.
Speaker 5: It can't be moist. Also, it's gonna be humongous if it's a horse. But secondly, it'd be like rubbing a minute steak on your leg, Like what's that gonna do? Like I said, not to yuck anyone's young, but Obviously, people do loads of things with placenta these days. You can get it hydrated and put into a peal, you eat them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can. Like a lot of women who.
Speaker 5: Have had babies, they then consume their own placenta. It's a little bit of a kind of like a new age type of thing. But also you can go to the chemist and get sheep placenta hair mask. Jokes aside, I think you should try that, Laura, Like Laura's got his whole hair thinning problem.
Speaker 4: At the moment, I think she's just way.
Speaker 6: Laura at the moment, we're.
Speaker 2: We will talk about it. She's been talking about it a lot.
Speaker 4: But maybe that's what you should try. If athletes are using placenta to heal quicker, you could grow You can grow a mullet. Who knows what your potentially is if you put placenta in your hair.
Speaker 6: Are you two being paid by big placenta? What is going on?
Speaker 2: Please do not pull me into this.
Speaker 5: I think Brittany has an ambassadorship for placenta coming out.
Speaker 4: I'm not the face of placenter. I don't even have my own placenta yet.
Speaker 6: Tired headaches.
Speaker 1: If you thought about placenter now placenter rapid works in half the time as average per center.
Speaker 2: Allergic reaction, stomach cramps. Have you tried the center.
Speaker 6: Pretty hotly in a field of horses? Hi, all right, let's go out of here. Thanks for listening to the show. We are back tomorrow. You can podcast the show on the iHeartRadio app search that pick up and we'll see you all tomorrow from three.
Speaker 4: See you guys,