Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's.
Speaker 2: Show podcast, gaffer Tape Living.
Speaker 3: Is this you there's something look around your house or might even the car right now on the way to work. Something is requiring gaffe tape to keep it going.
Speaker 2: There is it?
Speaker 3: In my house? We've got a dryer and the the door. My wife slams very hard. It's now the draw is it working? You put it on the clothes, go around for about sixty seconds trying to get less wet, and the door pops open and it stops. So now I've got gaffetape, which is a kind of latch, So you peel the gaffetebe ock to open the door, put your work clothes in, shut it up, and seal the gaffetape down.
Speaker 1: How often do you need to replace the gaffetape because it lose stickiness with every.
Speaker 2: Open every two days?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but my mind is cheaper than getting it in, all right, So, gaffer Tape Living.
Speaker 2: Who's a needing gaffetape?
Speaker 3: Some in in your house or it might be in the car to make something work right now, like Donna's sister and the fridge. The other thing is yesterday we were talking about injuries and one of you was saying how you actually At the MCG Darren was watching a game. I think he was watching his beloved Geelong and he tore a bicep. Not playing as a.
Speaker 4: Fan Gelong Collingwood qualifying fil on twenty two at the MCJ very intense game and the last two minutes along I managed to score a gold to get ahead and subsequently win that game. I've gone up for a massive fist pump and crypt the handlele in front of me and tour my bicypten them.
Speaker 3: All right, So injured as a fan to gaffer tape living? Are you needing gaffer tape every day for something in your life right now? And have you been injured as a fan? It's not a sport. Might be at sport, or it might be at a gig. We had a phone call about two or three years ago. I think we should make this an annual thing. Injured as a fan because of this person, Donner. It still makes me laugh so hard. Now that she was at a footy game, we'll have a listened to this. She might have missed it. Two years ago I.
Speaker 5: Went to a game at Moravian and it was the nine minutes of the game, really wet day. Tony Locke was on the mark, went to kick the goal, the ball hit the top of the post, came down, hit me on the back of the head. Actually knock me three rows. Beck and Oles not there. The only goal thing about it by wipe up in the club rooms up for the game and Alls I would get the prize autograph.
Speaker 3: Now, the powers of Plugger are legendary, but to actually propel someone out of a seat into the air three rows backwards, I mean, I don't think even MythBusters could tackle that one.
Speaker 2: We're still one of my all time favorites. It's the Hall of Famous.
Speaker 3: It's a Hall of Fame caller that it still makes the image of it like someone flying over you.
Speaker 2: If you had sat behind her, She's.
Speaker 3: Going over you now and the person behind you is she landing on some old nana who is there? Or is there an empty seat she just slots into and then wakes up anyway, So injured as a fan, we should make this an annual event, the Donna Memorial Call.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast. Have you ever been injured as a fan?
Speaker 3: And is cafe tape holding something together in your life right nine one, four three tomorrow, Good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hi Christian.
Speaker 2: All right, so tomorrow gaffa tape living. What's it for you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've got gaffa tape holding up a couple of parts of my car at the moment that I great. My side mirror got knocked off a few years ago and my ex partner actually wrapped gape tape around the mirror and it's been held there for maybe like four or five years now. Just the one piece of tape.
Speaker 2: It's magic stuff.
Speaker 3: If you're the marketing company right now, you're using your testimony as a new campaign four or five years, just one bit of gaffetape round it weren't your car side mirror.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: And the other part is I've got some buttons next to my car, the childlock and the window ones are all attached, but they all rattle around. So I just put a bit of gaffa tape over those as well, and does the trick. It doesn't rattle anymore.
Speaker 3: Good the image over the next the car's going to become increasingly more and more gaffe tape. Yeah, yes, yeah, it's that The furnishings. All right, Tamara, A great call. Thank you very much. Man, have a good day.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Ross Coome onning morning, christ and how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm calling in about injured as a fan. I was at my very first big Bash game and I was up on the top deck of now Marble Stadium and Aaron Finch hit one right up under the top deck and I went to court catch it, and I ended up splitting the webbing in my hand, hell and left. I had to go to Saint Vincent's and let the little trail of blood between my seat and where they had to attend to me. And then two for one was around that just before Christmas, and I didn't want to go to the doctor, so I got an chicole stick and a bit of gaffe tape and and made a little splint and had eventually healed in a few weeks.
Speaker 2: This is incredible two for one. I love when the streams get crossed.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I know it goes buses, they don't cross them, but you cross them there.
Speaker 2: That is amazing. I want to know, did you did you catch the ball?
Speaker 7: Though initially no, and I'm an Harminex cricketer, and I made the I made the TV and my phone went berserved with all my mates sledging me for dropping it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's horrendous because that's not fair. I bet what hurts more the pain of the webbing or they're not catching the ball.
Speaker 1: Probably the sledging I got after.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's the worst, deeper than the many actual injuries.
Speaker 2: And there's footage.
Speaker 8: Yeah, could you bring yourself to go and watch the slow mo back again?
Speaker 7: They played if someone drops a catch, they play more times than if they say too.
Speaker 8: That actually measured how far and hintould hit it because they didn't expect to go to the top deck and and out. It was like eighty seven meters or something from his back of my hand.
Speaker 3: Oh that's incredible, great story, Ross, thank you very much. You give us a call mate take out well.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell's Show podcast