Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast last week. They might welcome back to TV Reload. My name's Benjamin Norris and on this podcast I go behind the scenes with the biggest players in television. Each episode you will get a front row seat with content makers like executive producers, writers, editors and casting agents, plus the talent that we see on our screens. TV Reload reloads the shows that you were currently watching and gives you a better insight at our television industry and streaming services today. On the podcast, I have the winner of Big Brother twenty twenty two. It's Reggie Byrd. Reggie took out the competition back in Series three, which won over Australian audiences like no housemate had ever before and maybe ever since. This year, we were treated to Reggie's return to the Big Brother House as we celebrated twenty one years of the show in Australia, and while it had been nearly two decades, we saw the same heart and soul of the most treasured Big Brother player rise to the top all over again. Reggie has been through a lot with her son cystic fibrosis, her deteriorating eyesight and a few extra bumps along the way, although Reggie has never given up and she took on this new format with just as much gusto as the younger newbies. We will talk Reggie's win as she heard from Gretel Colleen, her memorable moments, what she has learnt from a life full of lessons, and we will even get a few home truths on some of the former housemates. However, let's get started. I'd like to welcome Australian legend Reggie Bird to TV Reload.
Speaker 2: I was so shocked. I really was, because I didn't want to get it into my head as well that I was editing the bay.
Speaker 3: We've been through a lot together, haven't we.
Speaker 2: Keep him away from the public eye This.
Speaker 3: Year it's my first birthday and.
Speaker 2: I thought, Matt, I'm going to get rid of her before she gets rid of Mat.
Speaker 3: And I've invited housemates, both new and legendary.
Speaker 2: I opened up every single letter and I wrote back to every single person.
Speaker 3: Will experience be enough to take on the next generation of housemaid I'm.
Speaker 2: So happy to be at the end with Johnston to rest.
Speaker 1: This is big brother, Hi Reggie, how are you?
Speaker 2: Hi? Ben? How are you.
Speaker 1: What has the last few days been like for you? I mean, come on, this is so phenomenal. I mean, winning Big Brother for the second time. It must feel so surreal.
Speaker 2: I've been It hasn't hit me. Honestly, has not been that slat out. It's been crazy. Interview after interview after interview, I have not stopped. Yeah, it still hasn't. It hasn't sign king. I think once I get a moment to catch my breath and it'll start hitting me.
Speaker 1: Then have you been able to have some time with the boyfriend? Have you been able to have some time with the kids. Have you had anything any time to be able to celebrate this or with the people in your life?
Speaker 2: Oh? Look Phil, bless him. Yesterday we went and had to buy it to eight with his daughter and then oh, I'm going to get to have a sleep over. I'm excited about because he flies back back to Wah tomorrow and I won't see him again for another month.
Speaker 1: You know what I think is really funny is people keep saying that this is some sort of new relationship, like you found him in the last you know, a couple of weeks. But you've been with Phil for how long? Has this been going on for because that was through COVID, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, over four years we've been together, I've kept him secret, I've kept him away from the public eye.
Speaker 1: Does he say to you, I don't want to be in the media, or is it that you're scared that the media will try and eat him up?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I just wanted to keep him to myself, like he's such a beautiful person, and I thought this one, I know, I'm keeping this one quiet. He also is quite shy, he's not one to be in the spotlight, so I respected his wishes as well. So it's and it's worked. We enjoy each other's company. We're both chalk and cheese. And he loves me for who I am, which is amazing, and I love him for who he is as well. So yeah, it's just working. And well, we didn't see each other for gosh, he got stuck in the COVID crap for two years over in w A. But you know, we that was tough, but you know, I kept him going and because mentally, like for them not to be able to fly back to see their family was just awful. I mean it was awful for a whole of Australia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think sometimes, you know, even through COVID, we tend to be aware of what's happening to everyone else, but what is happening in our homes is still the pressure point, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's funny because I've read a lot of articles along the way of this Big Brother journey that I'm still married to Dale. We split up quite a long time. We split what's lucas He'll be thirteen next month, so eleven years ago, Dale and I better. Yes, So me and Phil have been four years together.
Speaker 1: Well, what was the conversation when it came to what name you were going to use? Because I kind of know you with a couple of names, and then you decided to go with Reggie Bird in the media, but you haven't been a bird for maybe nearly two decades.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it was funny, Like they asked me, they said, what are you going to go with? And I said, look, I'm known as Reggie Bird, and I think it might and I think it might have just been easier to keep it that way than Reggie Sorenson. I really do need to change my name again and go back to my maiden name.
Speaker 1: Do I know your made a name? What's your maiden name?
Speaker 2: Bingham being cam Yeah? Yeah, so I should really go back to my maiden name, not keep old married names. I just feel puts the ring on my finger.
Speaker 1: Did you have any conversations with your first husband about using his name Bird? Have you heard from him from him to even say congratulations to No?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't had from Adrian for god, pretty much since I left as he No, I haven't heard anything at all. And it's funny. My sister was we're having this conversation, you know, she said, Oh, they're going to hate you using Bird.
Speaker 1: Do you even know if he's alive?
Speaker 2: I don't know. He's still in the fish and chip shop, so he's still very cooking the fish and chips. I do know that.
Speaker 1: And I have to ask so people when you win, big brother, because I'm aware people ask you the usual questions, and you know, what are those questions that you're getting all the time. For me, it was always how are you going to spend the money?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it is. And I'm going to use the money as a deposit to try and get a reef over our heads. And I need to also try and make that money grow a bit more because these days it's crazy, it's insane, so you can get a place. Yeah, so that's my main priority. The kids need a laptop each for school, eventually going to need braces on their teeth, so all that current you know stuff I'm going to also have to do as well.
Speaker 1: It's really funny how people don't really understand that two hundred and fifty thousand dollars is a life changing amount of money in some way. But it doesn't really buy your house, it doesn't really make you live a millionaire lifestyle. It really is just, you know, a very small cash injection that can probably help help out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to help, Like, it's definitely going to help. But I reckon if I went to the bank, you know, I mean, when I do get the money, if I went there and for alone, like the houses up here on the goal case, you're looking at eight nine hundred thousand dollars, three four bedroom houses. It's insane. So I'll work, I'll work it out. I'll work. I've got a lot of good friends and around me this time to give me good advice.
Speaker 1: The person who I want to know if you've heard from and I think I've heard this a few times. Asked to me, do you know if Reggie's heard from this person? Have you heard from Gretel Colleen via text or via a phone call to say congratulations?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I haven't even thought about that. Hey, I don't mean I haven't even might have seen a message in Facebook, Messenger or Instagram. I have not even checked my inbox. It's because it's gone through the roof and I'm really overwhelmed by it. So I honestly have got hundreds and hundreds of messages I need to get through. I noticed a notification popped up today and someone's going, can you please check your DMS. I've been trying to get in contact with you, so I've got to go through. There could be one in there, but no I haven't. Peter Rabbit, my old producer in Two Hairs and the three we're on a WhatsApp check group, our Twofairsman's three housemates. They all congratulated me through that is.
Speaker 1: What about Mike Godman, have you had from Money?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mike's seen that. Yeah, I heard from Mike. He congratulated me.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny was that I had the same thing because social media had really kind of boomed in twenty twelve, and I felt so overwhelmed with all these messages that I have a confession, and that is that I actually didn't read through all of those messages for maybe two years. I was so scared about it. Oh, it just me because I read some messages that were really kind, but then I'd also read some messages that weren't so kind, and then I had this feeling of it was just as ridiculous to connect to the good messages as it was to the bad ones, and so it all just seemed like a lot of belooney. I mean, I would say thank you to everyone who messaged me back in the day, but you know it, it was a very stressful thing. It's not as easy as what people imagine. You're not sitting there with letters fan mail, opening them up and hearing the most amazing thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well it's different this time around because back in yeah two fairusands three, I've still got the bag. I've got a big you know those two dollars Chinese bags. I've got a massive one of them full of fan mail. And I when I got out of Chief Aairs and three, I opened up every single letter, and I wrote back to every single person.
Speaker 1: We know where you've been now for the last say, eighteen years, You've actually been sitting there writing back to all your fan mail from the first time round.
Speaker 2: Taking that long, I'm sure I'm going to come across some bad stuff as well, There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: You've got to take the good with the bag, you know, good.
Speaker 2: With the bad, good with the bad is going to be more good than bad day.
Speaker 1: Over the years, like, we've had so many conversations about Big Brother, about our lives, and I've been privileged enough to spend time with you, and dreaming about the idea of going back to Big Brother always felt like just a dream, never felt like something that would ever happen, you know, re entering the house, what was there a moment where you stepped inside and you thought, Wow, this is actually happening.
Speaker 2: Because I didn't know, I didn't know what this concept was going to be, and I thought that I was just going to be an old housemate getting thrown in like an intruder into the show. And I didn't realize there was other past housemates coming in. And when I saw Tim Dahmer in the cow, I was just like over them. Oh, I was just esthetic. I was over the moon. I'm like, oh my god, I'm here with Tim. So I felt more comfortable and not as afraid, because until you feel really scared. But once I stepped right into that house, it just felt like being back home again. I know that sounds weird, but that's that's how it felt.
Speaker 1: It was like I'm home, I could imagine. I mean, that's kind of what I felt. Really surreal with the Big Brother house. People unless they've been in there, they probably don't understand how connected you become to it. And you know, Reg, I met you at the Commonwealth Games before I did Big Brother, at an after party, and I remember talkalking to you about Big Brother and I said to you, look, I want to apply, I want to get in, and you gave me some advice about it, and you talked about the need to have a routine, you know, so that you don't sort of lose your mind. And how you told me that you'd make a cup of coffee at a certain time or I followed exactly everything that you told me that I should do is basically what I did. It did make me feel super connected to that place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's your home. It's gone to have a routine. It was sort of bit hard this time around to have a routine because it was a big brother was really full on, you know, like back then, you know, we just laid by the pool and I'll get up and I'll make my bread and do my exercise. But I'd always be up earlier. I think Tim was the first main Tiam were the first wines up every morning without fail.
Speaker 1: Did they tell you what time of the day that was?
Speaker 2: No, but it must have been early. It must have been early because you could just tell by the sun coming up.
Speaker 1: What was your thought and what was going through your mind when they announced the winner? What was going through your mind at that point?
Speaker 2: Oh, look, I honestly thought one of the boys was going to win it. I thought Johnson was going to take his out, And going through my mind, I was just like, oh, I was just like, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up. Just just announce it. Just announce it. And looking into the crowd and also hearing the crowd they were cheering a lot for me, which was lovely. And then when Sonya opened up that envelope and read out my name, it just brought back memories back to two thousand and three when Gretel read out and the winner is Reggie. I was so shocked. I really was, because I didn't want to get it into my head as well that I had it in the bag. And yeah, I was just shock. Then when she read my name out.
Speaker 1: When amazing, you know, just so crazy, you know what, I was really shocked about the show kind of just all of a sudden, it kind of just ended, and we didn't get Sonya to sit down and ask you any questions about how you felt.
Speaker 2: No, that's weird. I didn't even realize that, miss elf. Now I'm gonna watch it back. I haven't watched it back, so I'm watching that this afternoon. But now that you've said that about I didn't like in two thousand and three, Gretel sent me on the couch and went through it all and showed the package and asked you questions, and yeah, none of that happened.
Speaker 1: And you know, everywhere I went, I would be going through the airport to try and get back home to Melbourne, or I go out for lunch or go out for dinner, and everyone would say ask me questions about Big Brother you know what it's like. People recognizing me asked me questions and everyone said the same thing. They're like, But we didn't get to see if she's okay. We don't even know. She just looks so overwhelmed and scared and frightened and excited and thrilled. But we wanted to know how you felt.
Speaker 2: How was that? I happily day down to that next year to the winner whore the winds wut them down?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you reckon? I'll do another or one in this concept, I don't think they will.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think the catch up figures are strong, Like I think over all the yeah we're better in that regard because there was a lot of negative press about oh, it's not rating and all the rest of it. But once the Overnights has sort of happened and people got a chance to watch it, you know, the numbers work quite strong. I just think it's a very hard show to make because it's a lot of people's emotions and feelings and a lot goes into it. Are the producers going to have enough energy in the tank, then have enough gas in the tank to really want to go through the whole thing all over again.
Speaker 2: With if they do, if I do, I do, hope they do all stats, like a total all stats.
Speaker 1: I've heard a lot about it. One particular housemate said to me at the after party that he actually heard from a producer that they're thinking about doing an All Stars. I was like, well, that'd be good, because I think Reggie should have it in her contract. Every year, I must do Big Brother and win two hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: I'll go back for a third. Imagine if they did a Winner's one band, bring back all the winners.
Speaker 1: That would be so good. That would facilitate my dream because I've just always dream in my mind that I would get to do it. So that would with you, with particularly with.
Speaker 2: You, imagine that they've got to do it, bring back the winners.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're so much more self aware about disingenuous people around you and making sure you surround yourself with the right people. Is that how you feel. Do you feel like this time around you sort of have to be careful of the people you are including in your circle.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm more aware of this time around, and I do have a lot of good people around me. So I do feel a lot more confident in where I'm going in what I'm doing this time around. So yeah, last time I didn't have a clue and it showed I was made so many mistakes, so it won't be doing it this time.
Speaker 1: And I guess there's been the two other boys that have come, you know, the runners up to your win. Have you been able to speak to those boys because you'd have so much to offer them an advice on post Big Brother and how to survive post Big Brother?
Speaker 2: Oh, definitely, like John's Terrest, So they are great people, they really are. And you know it was a game, and you know people come across to Ls, especially coming across as you know, real snake, but he's got a big heart and Johnson's a character like he's got a big heart too. And you know Terrest said like the in the room before going on stage, like he couldn't have felt happier with the three people that were going to be up on that stage. But I will definitely keep in touch to the boys and make sure that they're okay.
Speaker 1: Well, if it wasn't for Terress, then you know those three wouldn't have been the same, Like Terress really had the power, I thought, No matter what he had done through the show, he played a brilliant game of Big Brother and the modern Big Brother, you know, like with all the twists and turns and you kind of have to throw people under the bus and you kind of have to build a resume and all of that kind of stuff. But then he kind of redeemed himself in lots of ways because he did choose Johnson and yourself to be there with him. Yeah, and they were the rightful they were the people's choice, they were the ones that everyone wanted to be.
Speaker 2: There because even though, like I said to him in that scramble cry to who he had to choose, I said, so said, you've got to take me. I said, AUSTRALI is going to hate you if you get rid of me. Now, I said, no, one's going to vote for you. And then I said, but if you take me, I said, they will love you for that, tourette. So and that played a big part in his game play. So for him taking me along, and I'm glad that he did, because yeah, I wouldn't be here talking to you now.
Speaker 1: You know what's really strange for me is the commentary about taras people loved him through his villainry and him being a villain and a steak or people hated him for it. But my impression of him now that I've spent some time with him is that he's kind of not villainous. He's not the person that people have seen good or pout. He's actually better. There's something quite wonderful and quite unique about Taras as a person, someone so infectious and warm. I mean, I'm just enamored by Arras. I don't know if you can tell, but I've just been blown away by him and how kind and wonderful this person is. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: He has a heart, he does, and we didn't get to see a lot of that on the show. But once, yeah, once you get to know to us as a you know, personally, he is a beautiful person. And I'm so glad that I've met these group of housemates and so happy to be at the end with Johnson and Terrette. So whoever ahead of taking this out regardless, we all have a love for each other, and.
Speaker 1: You could see the bond, you know. I was standing with your sister Anita and we were both crying, and I don't think she knew how to feel at the after party, and there was this moment where you were being lifted up by these new housemates. They were literally carrying you to your ride back to the hotel, and it was it was such a beautiful moment, like these people truly love you. Yeah, I obsessed with.
Speaker 2: You, you know, because I played a social game and my personality that's just who I am being. That's why they love me.
Speaker 1: Such a strange thing. Maybe they were reach maybe they know you've got the term ye. Now, you have been mediating some significant drama throughout the show, but then you've also been mediating some drama after the show that kind of spilled into the real world. Why do you think that Estelle and Tim seem to clash so much after the show?
Speaker 2: Oh? I think they bloody. I haven't spoken to him. I hope they made up before they went on the stage there. Yeah, because in the house, like they had this relationships, so they were friends going into the show, and then you know, and I think the whole game play thing. Tim didn't want to play the way that is still wanted to play, and then they were having all these fights and I had to step in and try and get them to make up. And yeah, and it is happening in it's spilled out now into the real world where they've been fighting, and I've had to step in and ring him ring a spell, you know, try and get them to kiss and make out. So I don't know whether they have or not. I haven't spoken to them since I got back home.
Speaker 1: Went out of all of these relationships as time has gone on, Like during your time in the house, was it quite stressful to pick sides with people? Was it hard for you because you're such a kind and very giving person in the way that you the way that you offer your friendship is very much like that in this game of Big Brother? How hard is it for Reggie to navigate all of these relationships and pick sides? How hard was that?
Speaker 2: I've got a very good gap intuition. My gather instinct played a massive role my gameplay. So I could read three people. I could read your room, and I could see he was full of shit. So yeah, I could. I'm like, and I use that to my advantage. And so I would say to my ag you know, ogs like this one, and then again that you can't this one is so full as shit, trust me, Like you've got to trust me on this one, so they would go with me and oh, jeez, read you were right, you know, like so I didn't know. Yeah, it's funny watching the back because you don't see all these secret deals that have been made and what's been happening. But you know, I played my part, especially with Dave, like, bless him, he just he just he trusted everyone. And I'm just like, oh, Dave, you need to open your eyes a bit more, mate.
Speaker 1: So if you know Dave, Dave is the funniest person because who Dave was in Big Brother is who Dave is in the real world.
Speaker 2: Like this, that's him, That's who he is. You know I need I'd say it, and Dave, like you just open your eyes and listened. There was a few times there like he was gone against hers and I'm like, no, mate, no, you can't do this day. But Reggie, I love this person, and I'm gone, I'm sorry, but you just can't do this. I'm bless him. I'm so glad he read in and I love him so much. He's beautiful.
Speaker 1: And you also mentioned about the fact that you at one point were sleeping. You're having a day sleep and you could overhear conversations that people having, and you were quite shocked with things that you overheard. What was the most shocking thing that you overheard from housemates talking while you were evesdropping.
Speaker 2: Ah, they've shown me a few times, like listening in on conversations. I wish I had heard the first one that deal going down with Tim and Johnson, because they showed me standing outside the treehouse Heaven. I listened, but I didn't hear it. But that's when the big deal happened with those guys. Yeah, there was a moment I was in bed, I was wanting. Yeah, I was laying down and I could hear I think it's a leisure Gabby. I think there was a couple other newbies on the other side of the room, and I could hear Gabby coming for me, and no one could understand why. I was, like, why I was going for Gabby. Why I wanted to get because I could hear her talking about me coming for me, and I thought, I'm going to get rid of her before she gets rid of mete.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I think that that's I mean, I'm so glad that we finally heard that because it was a piece of the puzzle that was certainly missing.
Speaker 2: And from that moment, like when Gabby would you know, she was the floater and she come and sit in on our conversations and then sleeping the other side of the house and I'm just like, this doesn't it didn't sit well with So, yeah, there was a piece missing that no one saw. That's why I wanted Gabby out.
Speaker 1: You know what's also really good is have you noticed that Tim Dormer seems to have a bit of a renaissance with himself. It's nice to see him now believing in himself again because over the years he sort of started to doubt himself and the magic of Tim Dormer and he seems to be back. Is that nice to see?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so good. Like he's so loud, like he's so love and it's so good because he went missing in action there for a while off social media, and that he wanted to know obviously things were gone on in his life and wanted nothing to do with it. And it's so good that he.
Speaker 1: I mean, I noticed something with you. I mean it's a real journey that we go on after the show and to get a little bit sort of personal with you. You know, there had been some times in your life where you'd sort of come up and come down. You know what was the hardest moments between your two big brother wins?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, Ben, My hardest was it was really weird because after the show, also you so loved, like everyone loves you and wants to speak to you, but you also feel very lonely at the same time, Like I remember back in yeah, that first time, just like wow, everyone wants me, but I'm just so lonely. It was awful. And then and I remember I remember asking Harry and Miller. I just wanted to go back and help the next lot of housemates that were coming through. I wanted to be there for them and give them advice and help them how to deal with stuff because you were left to been for yourself pretty much like there was no help after the show, and I just didn't want any other house to go through that. My biggest pressure, Like I went through depression for about two years, real bad after like with my eyes driving, having to hand in my driver's license, and Luke has been diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. So yeah, that was really bad, but I managed to pull through and not they make.
Speaker 1: Case things isn't it nice to be able to think, you know, those dark moments. You're like, think about how if someone could just come and whisper in your ear and say keep going because you don't know what's around the corner. And yeah, it's the beautiful thing for people to take from your experience. Reg you know. I remember reading on Facebook, you know, you put up a post about being quite sad one day, and I just wanted to fly up to Queensland and see you, take you out for a drink and remind you of the things that I love about you and the things that other people love about you. And I think for people listening to this, we do have those dark moments in our lives. We all do, but you know we have to keep going to see what's around the corner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm glad. Jeez, I remember when I did that. That's when I was at my darkest point life and I just didn't want to be here anymore. I really didn't. And I'm like, wow, I remember the ambulance because what's one of my friends was worried and the ambulance come to take me away, but I didn't go with them. And then I'm like, oh, jeez, this is just awful, and I'm glad that I've stuck it out. Then. You know, look what's happened now. I just got to keep going. You just got to keep going. And I'm so blessed to have had that opportunity to come back and do Big Brother all over again. There's no way I was going to say no, There's no way in hell. So I was going to do it regard, you know, no matter what hurdles I had to jump over to get back into the house, I was going to do it regardless.
Speaker 1: And we're so glad that you did.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm so glad that I went by. Can hear it again?
Speaker 1: You know we touched on this a little bit before, but you know, i'd really like to ask you about what could change your Big Brother does come back. I've always thought they should bring Big Brother into I mean, of course, i'd love to see it be live for audience to be able to have more control, that is important, But I'd love to see some real world things happen, things that happen in our lives now, like give them phone so we can read their text messages on the screens and make it seem more like real world with the house looking like a sharehouse, less like a spaceship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well i'd love obviously, Look, we'd all have the live format to come back, and so the audience does have more of a say in what goes on. But I don't know if they will ever do that again. I'd like to bring back more of the old format so you get to know who their housemates are. Unfortunately, like the newbies, no one really got to fall in love with the newbies because they didn't know who they were because it was all game play. Like if they could just cap back on this whole challenges and not make it so much like Survivor, it'd be good to go back to the social social experiment of what Big Brother is.
Speaker 1: I mean, if producers asked you, or if they asked you, would you be willing to sit down with them and give them your ideas on you know, what you think could be good to change in the format.
Speaker 2: If they ever want advice, I'd love to give them advice, but maybe maybe you know, it's the whole budgets. They don't have the budgets like they used to do back in the Channel teen days. I don't know, but to bring back that whole live formula. It'd be bloody awesome. They could even put it online, like how they loved to where you could watch the housemates twenty four hours a day. Why can't they do that?
Speaker 1: Well, apparently after the Turkey slap incident, they then became really the networks became really stressed about what people could see if it was being streamed twenty four hours a day. But that is what people genuinely wanted, and interestingly enough with my series in twenty twelve, which they then didn't do in twenty thirteen or fourteen, was that they gave a blog which people could follow, so at all times of every day there was someone saying exactly whatever one was doing, so that gave people more insight into what was happening inside.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah something, just something, because you know, they've crammed seven days into three shows, like so much got missed, so much got cut out, and so many funny things that we did like it didn't get shown, which was sad, which was sad. So you know, I think the public would love to see more of that than the constant challenges and the stretch chat.
Speaker 1: What was interesting to me was I spoke to you because you and I have friends. You know, obviously we said we talk and Dave and I have friends, Layla and I have friends. So have all these friendships with housemates that went into the show, and none of you were allowed to tell me the specifics of what had happened, And obviously we had to part them and wait till the show was over so we could sit down and really unpack it and talk about what the experience was like. But you, Dave, Layla, everyone said, you know, there's so much that goes on. I can't wait forrustrated to see it. And then everyone said, but you really missed out on some of the most amazing moments of the series.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's a lot. Yeah, there was a lot that they didn't show. And even towards the end, Oh gosh, it was like this he was me, he has left me, Tim Melisia Johnson Ras Brenton and we had this awards ceremony. It was like the Golden Blows all the Oscars and we got dressed up and had this award ceremony party and they didn't show it. I'm like, oh, but it was so good. It would have been good to see that. And then we you know, like we had another challenge. It was a twenty four hour freaking challenge. This phone box in the backyard called the Truth Booth, which we had to run to the phone. When it rang, a Big Brother would say yes, like we had asked the brother for some truth, like is this person coming for me? Or did someone do this? And Big Brother would give us a yes or no answer, and that wasn't shown.
Speaker 1: That sounds ot yeah, yeah, yeah, because I.
Speaker 2: Was like, oh, because when I first hopped into the I didn't know what to ask. And I'm like, oh, I'm wasting my time here, I'm wasting question time and I didn't know what to ask. And I remember when Alisha came out of it, her phrase was like you could tell she got some juicy gossip, like she could clarified Big rather must have clarified something up, which also was part of the whole game play as well, because people were finding out stuff about other housemates.
Speaker 1: They dropped that stuff out and you're like, that's the juicy stuff. That's if you ask any Big Brother fan or people that are the Big Brother purists, the stuff they want is like the really it's sort of like the small everyday stuff that they can get to be that's the stuff that they love the most.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hopefully next year they'll be able to bring more more old instead of all these brutal challenges. Oh man, I gave it a good heart crack then those challenges.
Speaker 1: I have an idea, and it was funny someone told me that this idea had been thought of before, but they really should do like a time warp and they should travel back through the Big Brother Ages and collect housemates from all the series, you know, throughout the series and back and an even amount of housemates from each season. Because the dynamics that exist between people that have formerly lived together and then haven't seen each other but now we're doing it again is fascinating.
Speaker 2: Oh, absolutely, absolutely fascinating. Then, oh my goodness, imagine that that'd be awesome.
Speaker 1: How much money would it cost to get chrisy Swand to go back into the Big Brother House because everyone in Australia wants to see you both lying in bed in your pajamas.
Speaker 2: I'd have to get in her ear I mention that we went together. People would love it.
Speaker 1: They would love it, you know. I saw Chrissy yesterday. The thing about her that I loved the most and that has stayed with me. Is your series felt so personal to me because I was living out of home at that point, you know, still in my early twenties. And now today, when I cook garlic in my kitchen, like I'm cooking speaking, the first thing I think of is you and Chrissy. For some reason, I've associated the smell of garlic, but the two of you laughing in.
Speaker 2: Bed was a welu like he to have gone on this big brother journey likee it's just unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Whilst it's sometimes hard to, you know, maintain friendships with people, it's so good when you get to see them again. You know, it was so good to see you see Chrissy at the logis like it was such a bad was.
Speaker 2: The best just like we it was like we haven't left each other side. That's how it felt. Yeah, that's how it felt like. When we saw each other, it was just like, oh my god, it was just instant, like back back to two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess before you go, I guess I need to ask you know, what was your favorite moment of the series. I mean, obviously winning it is a good one, but you know, looking back over the twenty twenty two series. You know, was there a favorite Reggie moment?
Speaker 2: Oh? Gosh, Then I think there was a few. There was the moment in the room when May all our s housemates for singing one night, and that was just the absolute best. We'll all come together, gameplay was all for the side. We were just all singing and it was unbelievable. It was really good. And then I guess the next one was seeing the kids on the screen. That was absolutely the best.
Speaker 1: Have you got any idea about what your life is going to look like now after Big Brother? Have you got any aspirations moving forward?
Speaker 2: Oh? I I'm hoping good things are going to come out of this then, and I'm hoping, you know, I'll be able to do some more TV or radio. Freeze's review. Definitely going to ride a book, so obviously it might a back bit smart. I've got a good feeling. I really had a really good feeling about it time around.
Speaker 1: I think it won't be a book, Reggie, because knowing your wife, I think it's going to be a series like a series of books.
Speaker 2: Definitely won't be one little bit more.
Speaker 1: Well, Regie, this is the end of our chat talking about Big Brother, But it's not the end of our friendship, while still be estrawing you as I always do.
Speaker 2: Bless you, h m hm