Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: Oh Everyonine Monday afternoon afternoon listen. We had the Radio Awards on the weekend. I'm a bit dusty still, clearly I am with my two winners though, Girls' One Podcast Possible.
Speaker 3: He isn't that insane.
Speaker 4: It's very exciting. I wasn't there.
Speaker 5: You were able to be there and get the trophy, and it's such a big achievement.
Speaker 4: It's such a special thing.
Speaker 6: It is, but you know what isn't special? They only keep you one.
Speaker 5: I know you could have brought it today so I could have at least held it for five seconds just to know what it's like.
Speaker 4: I don't really want to carry it around. Better stay at your house then forever.
Speaker 6: We will get a second one, though, but it's weird, like when multiple people win something, they're like, here's one that you can fight over and it's silly, but we're very excited.
Speaker 2: Podcast hosts of the Year for Life on cut your podcast that you do. I'm happy for you, girls, well time, thank you.
Speaker 3: Took us six years to get there, but we got there.
Speaker 5: We got there, and Mitch you were also nominated, but we lost, so we.
Speaker 2: Know we're not high. Well.
Speaker 5: Although Mitch did post that he won Hottest Radio Show on Instagram and people actually thought that was a real award. I just said, which, actually that's a compliment. People were like, oh, legitimately, Mitch could be that. That's the thing that's really a take home is that people thought that you actually won.
Speaker 4: That you realize real.
Speaker 6: Laura was quite offensive to us, So Mitch faked this award right, Hottest Radio Show team he did his night show. That's just him and producer Grace. We're also a team that could have been included.
Speaker 4: It's fine, Peo have that one award.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, girl, so generate. Also, Laura's looking You're very sort of holiday and I swept.
Speaker 5: I would like to be referred to as a born again cruiser. I have just come back from a very quick cruise and I have always the type of person that said I would never go on a cruise. I hate cruising. I had the time of my freaking life. It was so much fun. But yes, I've got a little bit of a sun ten and I'm feeling great.
Speaker 2: Well, well, it's been a very big weekend and Noya Carrey's also announced he's releasing new music. Have you heard that?
Speaker 4: Oh, everyone's had a good weekend, haven't they.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, No, she hasn't given us new music in forever.
Speaker 4: It's not new music. It's the same Christmas song. Ruin it?
Speaker 2: Britt. Oh, No point listening everyone, you I didn't know that's next. It's next. Also, there's a speeding fund you could get from a very common item that we all have in our car. There you go, I'll see what that is.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. After this, on the Pickup with Britt Laura and Mitchwagan Monday, which means we have to do this right now. Pick up, Britney Laura. I'm going to give you a topic that everyone was discussing over the weekend and then today, and you need to tell me whether we pick it up we keep the discussion happening, or we put it down, we snuff it out, never speak on it again.
Speaker 5: I had really bad internet reception over the weekend, so I don't really know what people have been talking about.
Speaker 4: You're going to be shocked. Wait you hear it?
Speaker 2: Oh it's sht Yeah.
Speaker 5: Pick up.
Speaker 2: Put down crocs for dogs.
Speaker 4: That's what you missed it. Put it down, dog crocs. Put it down.
Speaker 6: Pick it up.
Speaker 5: My dog only has three legs, he'll feel upset because it'll have it.
Speaker 4: Like an extra shoe. Then a're just pointing.
Speaker 3: Out so they still like, you can still wear shoes three legs.
Speaker 5: I know, but imagine you buy a set of shoes for him and then he's just gonna have one spare one.
Speaker 6: I'm picking it up because I'm getting some sting, so look hear me out in the summertime, A lot of people don't know this, but it's really important to protect your dog's feet because they properly burn on all they put like. They burn to the point that dogs can't walk. But a lot of people don't think about it. Our in Australia, the heat heats up so much on the sidewalk and a pavement, so this is like a it's like a protect your your dogs.
Speaker 4: Brittany, I love crocs.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to see you with your beautiful designer dog wearing crocs are trotting down the street like that'll be that'll be a sight us.
Speaker 3: I'm not convinced she'll keep them on because she doesn't like that.
Speaker 4: And that's the other problem.
Speaker 5: You're trying to put shoes on dogs and then they walk like there are a pony and a Jim Kannah.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, it's like Pinocchio. Someone's got strings attached to their elbows.
Speaker 4: I think it's stupid.
Speaker 3: Oh you think protecting your dog's poor persons?
Speaker 4: No, but I don't know.
Speaker 5: Just don't walk them on hot ground, just ground, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Pick up, put down? Speeding fines to be based on income?
Speaker 4: What put it down? Pick it up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, any research its fines all the time.
Speaker 5: No, but I think I think our speeding fines and our parking fines in Australia are crazy high. Like they're very, very, very expensive, and I think that there are very few people who can afford to pay them. And the people who have salaries that are high salaries should be paying those fines.
Speaker 4: But people who don't have.
Speaker 5: Much money, or people who are on a lower income should have a lesser fine.
Speaker 2: Here's why we're talking about it. New research conducted by the Australian Institute has slammed flat rate traffic penalties, saying it should be based on a person's income. For example, in Finland, driving less than twenty kilometers over the limit of tracks a flat rate fine, right, which is three sixty five. But if you're caught speeding more than twenty kilometers over, an equitable rate kicks in and your fine will be determined based on your net monthly income.
Speaker 3: Why but people shouldn't the laws of law.
Speaker 6: We shouldn't start to be say the law changes for people if you earn more money.
Speaker 3: The law should be the law. But I just think maybe the speeding fines should be reduced.
Speaker 6: How ridiculous fines are in Australia should be reduced.
Speaker 3: Not like you earn more.
Speaker 4: So I don't like that.
Speaker 5: No, I look, I understand what you're saying, rut, but I do think that for some people who are on low incomes, you know, they might accidentally run a red light or they might do like people are not intentionally being like I'm going to go out there and speed now, ha, because my fine is less. I think something that's like a percentage of your taxable income seems like a fair system.
Speaker 6: If you accidentally run a red light, you can kill someone, so it doesn't matter if you've got money or not.
Speaker 3: That's why we put the law in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if it's two hundred bucks, two hundred bucks means nothing to someone who earns a million dollars a year.
Speaker 2: Definitely a line. A multimillionaire in Finland was fined one hundred and twenty one thousand euros because you're twenty percent of your salary and he was going twenty kilometers zo exactly. We could afford it, all right, pick Up put down? I love that. BRIT's like, no to that, but Kroc shoes for dogs. Pick up put down. Mariah Carey re releasing All I Want for Christmas? Is you what?
Speaker 4: Pick it up? Put it down? Stop being so greedy.
Speaker 6: You've released it twenty five times, the only re release it so she makes more money.
Speaker 2: It's so good, it's so good she's re releasing this song. I'm to celebrate it turning thirty years old, No.
Speaker 3: To celebrate the fact that.
Speaker 4: She needs more money. Can you be angry? It's the most joyful song. I know it kind of like crawls out of.
Speaker 5: The gutter every year, but this, as soon as this starts playing, it signifies Christmas. And now they're just going to do a more updated version.
Speaker 4: Good for her.
Speaker 2: It makes a million Australian dollars a year in revenue.
Speaker 4: Smart business is what that is. And he's great pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm the one that she's played for last thirty years.
Speaker 2: Took her fifteen minutes to ride as well, easy cash.
Speaker 4: What do you reckon?
Speaker 5: She's going to change about it though, like what's going to be the new updated version.
Speaker 6: She's not re singing it. She'll just put a bit bit of backing. It won't cost her anything. She put a bit different backing.
Speaker 2: Music or something, maybe new Belle.
Speaker 4: All right, well I'm here for it times. I'm not even the Crocs, but I'm also here from Riah Kerry.
Speaker 5: Look coming up next, I want to know what did you sleep through?
Speaker 4: Big questions here at the pickup, And the reason for that.
Speaker 5: Is because reason no, what important event did you miss because you were asleep? I need to know because something happened to me on the weekend, and look, it was a really special moment and my daughter slept through it.
Speaker 2: All right next on the pickup.
Speaker 5: Now, I know what might sound like all I want to talk about is the fact that I just went on a cruise. But I'm going to tell you a story about how I just went on a cruise.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, wow, I know I wasn't expecting that shocked.
Speaker 5: I just had the best family holiday with That's a big thing because I usually think that family holidays are nothing but annoying.
Speaker 4: Right when you've got everyone.
Speaker 5: Together, it's like you've got so much logistics, so much organizing. My mom came and we brought all the kids and my mom. We went on this cruise my mom wanted to go on. They had this special thing which is like a helicopter joy right.
Speaker 4: It's six minutes. It's very lush.
Speaker 5: You get to Morton Island and you get on the little helicopter and they fly you around the helicopter and you see whales and you see the shipwreck. It's so beautiful, but it's very bougie. And I the only time I've ever been on a helicopter is when I did The Bachelor. So my mum's had a really hard year and she wanted to do it, and I was like, look, this would be really.
Speaker 4: Nice for her. We organized it, I booked it.
Speaker 5: It was very expensive, and my two girls, Lola and Marley, five and three, they were desperate to come and do this helicopter ride, especially Lola. So Lola's three years old and she had a full Stage five meltdown hysterically crying because she wanted to come and see the whales from the helicopter.
Speaker 3: Do you have to pay for a three year old?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Luckily she got a free beach. She got a free beech.
Speaker 5: She doesn't wagh much, but anyway, I'm talking hysterical. So I was like, it's okay, we get there. We get in the helicopter. She's finally calmed down. She is elated, and we go up and it is, honestly the most magical thing I've ever seen. Where looking over the islands and there is this amazing, huge whale that's come out of the ocean, and I go, oh, my god, Lola. We've been the helicopter for two minutes. It's a six minute joy ride, mind you. We look out the window, I see the whale. I was like, this is such a beautiful moment to share with my girls, my family, for Lola is gonna love this.
Speaker 4: And I look down and there she is asleep.
Speaker 5: Two minutes into the two minutes into the helicopter ride, and Lola was like, oh, this is a white noise bubble and I'm having a nap.
Speaker 2: In one of the loudest forms of transport in the world.
Speaker 4: She was out cold.
Speaker 5: She was so asleep that when I woke her up to get her out of the helicopter, she had a tantrum about being woken up to be lifted out of the helicopter.
Speaker 3: She is three, like three year old.
Speaker 6: Nap.
Speaker 4: No, it wasn't a nap.
Speaker 5: It made me realize like a helicopter is like a giant white noise machine that gently rocks you, and it's like, oh, oh my god.
Speaker 2: It's like a yeah, it's like something from Baby Bunting. That's like all those little rocker things.
Speaker 5: More expensive, yeah, with a big white note, very expensive in comparison. But I did put this up on my stories on Instagram, and I had so many people message and talk about the things that someone they loved had slept through, like a really like a pivotal moment, something that he thought you were going to share with someone, but then all of a sudden they slept through the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Jacqueline, Hey, what did you sleep through?
Speaker 7: High Well, I didn't sleep through anything, but my partner slept through a period of meeting an.
Speaker 4: Active labor, not even like pre labor. Active labor is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a whole lot of noises coming out of me at that point, labor required.
Speaker 7: I was grunting, swearing. There was a lot of noise.
Speaker 5: Mitch needs to know what acting labor is. Active labor is when you're you are dilated, but you are like on all fours. At that point, you're like you're milling. Baby's coming.
Speaker 7: You're in a lot of pain. He was trying to be sweet and like rubbing my back as I'm like swearing, and then I turned around because he'd stopped, and then he just fell asleep on the bed. And then he only woke up when my water's broken. I was actually screaming, and then he was in a state of panic because he had no idea what was going on.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic.
Speaker 4: He was in deep sleep and you interrupted it.
Speaker 2: We're getting a lot of calls Stella, what did you sleep through? Or someone?
Speaker 1: You know, Hey, there, I've slept through Kathy Freeman winning the four hundred men? Is it the the Olympics?
Speaker 3: So random?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 4: Were you there or was it just on the tv?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: She was so fast.
Speaker 1: I was there in the stadium and yeah, I fell asleep.
Speaker 4: What do you mean you just had a nap like mid run?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was five or six, and I think we've been there all day. Oh I couldn't do it anymore and I fell asleep.
Speaker 2: You're a kid.
Speaker 1: I still think about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can imagine. Well, that was one of the biggest moments in Australian's sporting history and you're almost there asleep. So funny. Thank you for your calls. All right, Next on the pickup, if you ever get a bit forgetful at work and you're worry that your mind's going, well, an aleas celebrity has done just that at a mega concert here in Australia. I'll play you the audio will make you feel so much better about yourself. Next here on the show.
Speaker 3: Imagine it being like the biggest moment of your life.
Speaker 6: That could be an exaggeration, but like a really crucial, important moment, and you completely forget what you're doing, where you are, who you are, or maybe the lyrics to your song. So the weekend, we all know the Weekend, right, He's a superstar. He's in Australia at the moment, a performing and there's a video of him going viral because at his concert on one of his biggest hits, which is Starboys.
Speaker 2: This is the song that good song, great song.
Speaker 6: So he's in the middle of singing this song and this is film. It's gone everywhere, and I don't know what happens. I don't know if he blacks out. I don't know if he forgets. I don't know if he's bored. But he just stops singing and mumbles. It's like he's forgotten what he's doing and where he is. Happy Listen, it's so funny.
Speaker 2: There's not even a word in it.
Speaker 5: That's not a word, but he's.
Speaker 6: Literally it's like, how I sing a song when I don't known Lyrics's like no, no, no.
Speaker 2: If I paid money for that, I'd be pissed off.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: That is not singing. That's phoning it in. I like.
Speaker 5: That's a few people on TikTok who've been speculating like what happened, and some people are saying he either forgot the lyrics or he was just bored of singing his own songs. Imagine getting on stage to be like, nah, I can't be bothered, just whatever.
Speaker 2: Mumble away.
Speaker 3: I feel old.
Speaker 6: But that song is ten years old, so he has been singing that on repeat for ten years, So you've got to know where like that has to be imprinted in your mind or on the On the flip side of that, he has brought out so much music.
Speaker 4: It's ten years of singing, and he has.
Speaker 5: So much like lyrics and content in his brain that he was like, oh my god, you know I had like lially little miswiring of his brain.
Speaker 4: He couldn't remembered the words.
Speaker 2: I've been doing radio for nine years. I don't come on and go No, you're making so many mistakes. Please, I'd love to just sit there.
Speaker 6: And in his defense, he has over one hundred songs on his regme on his CV, so maybe he's fumbled in crucial moments. But imagine imagine paying money to go there, and then the person's like.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 5: It's the definition of what my children do when they're like, mummy, I need to are.
Speaker 4: You a concert. You've been privy to a few of those.
Speaker 2: Dinner house for dinner, Laura's like, all right, guys, before we eat, we have to do a Marley may perform.
Speaker 5: I do not make you sit through it. Marley is desperate to sing. She really really loves Taylor Swift and she's desperate to perform.
Speaker 2: She let it go and she said one word, and it was go.
Speaker 4: Go, that's Lola. That's Lola's three What do you accept? Laura can't talk.
Speaker 3: I am a big supporter. Laura loved what you did, but I.
Speaker 5: Did know what she on Dancing with the Stars completely forgetting to be fair, they covered up really well. And when I did Dancing with the Stars last year, the charter, I had to do this thing which was like beat one, beat two, and I had to hit the beat on the exact time with my moves, and then I got into a charter rhythm, but I totally missed the beat because I couldn't hear the music, and then I was off the beat, off the rhythm, and it took me a good ten seconds to catch up, and it was just me looking like pure panic in my eyes, being.
Speaker 4: Dragged around a dance. But I don't lot of pressure.
Speaker 2: I don't think the weekend has the nerves like he's been. I'm a global tour That's the thing. I don't think he cares, and I think he can get away. He thinks he can get away with it, but then he did postpone this tour for almost a year, so maybe he just like really was like I don't want to do it, don't make me do it. He just pushed it off and off and off and off, and or.
Speaker 5: He postponed it because he was trying to learn the lyrics and there was so many to learn and he made a simple mistake.
Speaker 4: Guys, given the guy a break.
Speaker 2: This is just if we came in and did our show. This is nothing that's embarrassing.
Speaker 3: It's like us going, hey, guys, living, he's.
Speaker 2: Doing me alphabet ready, element of elemental you know. Oh, maybe actually he's a theory. Maybe he was thought he was lip syncing, so or he was lip sinking, but he thought his mic was not so he thought the song was being played and he was just going no.
Speaker 3: I think he just blacked out.
Speaker 5: I think he just had a moment where he forgot the lyrics and was catching up. Give him a break, all right, Well, it's nice to be back, you guys.