Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right went to our As has said of the nineties, this week is about the letter P. So I know what posters did you have on your bedroom walls? Simone? What was on your wall?
Speaker 3: Well, every night I went to bed with the beautiful man Brett Michaels looking over me, who had more makeup than I wore. And this made my mum quite concerned at the time that the bands that I was liking, the boys were wearing way more makeup than I was as a teenager.
Speaker 2: Right, so you'd be fan of Poison.
Speaker 3: I loved Poison and I remember going to Caribbean Guns Market just to get a poster on my ward.
Speaker 4: What a great memory.
Speaker 2: I wonder how many more calls would get to so today Simone that also weren't there to get their posters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I had to learn my makeup tips from the boys from Poison.
Speaker 2: That is great. They were a band, they were in education.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show podcasts.
Speaker 2: Pee for posters on your bedroom walls, Simone, had Poison got the post of them Caribbean Market. It's like, I'm sure a.
Speaker 4: Lot of you having flashbacks to about Caribbean Gardens.
Speaker 2: Now, so what did you get down there?
Speaker 4: So you could get like burnt CDs and DVDs And it was like an amusement park, but without many rides. I think it had like a.
Speaker 2: Chad Luna Park. It sounds like no worse than Lunar Park.
Speaker 4: Come on what I'm just reading now. When it opened, they wanted it to be a local Disneyland. It did not reach the heights of Disneyland.
Speaker 2: Well, dog, you burn CDs? Yeah, that's not the Magic Kingdom, is it.
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I still have a fond memory of my crazy uncle. I told you about him once, the guy who would pretend to drive us down train tracks. You're off into the train tracks. We were at his house one morning and he said, all right, we're all going to Mass, and I'd never been to church. I was like, this sounds boring. It's like, we're going to Mass this morning. And then he drove us to Caribbean Gardens.
Speaker 2: This is like Disneyland. All right, let's go to Tim before the headlines, Tim, what were the posters on your bunch of war? Mate?
Speaker 1: There you got Christian?
Speaker 3: I had twenty nine posters of Samit the Fox named one of elvers. Praiseley.
Speaker 2: Now, Samantha Fox was a tauty late box and beauty your words, attractive lady. There was a big star of the eighties and nineties, a friend of mine. He had a Samantha Fox pillowcase and bed set. What were his parents allowing him to do that? But you are twenty nine posters and then one of Elvis.
Speaker 1: One of Elves in the middle Mud, the way the king would have done.
Speaker 2: The King was in heaven, Yes right, Tim creepy laugh though at him, but yeah, thank you, Tim. What posters did you have in your bedroom wall?
Speaker 4: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're breaking down the nineties. So about the letter pay in the nineties. Jack washed it yesterday. I watched it over the weekend. We're getting into point break Swayze, Reeves at a prime time Gary Busey and a totally unnecessary cameo from Red Hot Chhitli Bebs sing Hensony Keidas. Oh and the surfer nazis all that five time. But before that, posters on the bedroom wall? Have we got here? Amanda?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning crew, How are you we're going?
Speaker 2: Amanda? Welcome to the show. What were the posters on your bedroom wall? Look?
Speaker 5: I had a whole hate. My walls were covered in every house we lived in. But the best one was my Guns and Roses use your illusion one cover poster and it was as white as my bed and took up over half the height.
Speaker 1: Of the wall.
Speaker 2: Why would you How did you buy some an amazing poster?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 5: That's the awesome thing there was. Brushes had stopped running by then and sanity.
Speaker 1: Was just emerging.
Speaker 5: But there was this little music shop that used to sit in our shopping center, and yeah, they had posters up. So, just like Patsy did, I walked in and said, when you took that, when you take that down, can I please have it? And so it took months for it to come down because the album was so popular. But when they did, I had my name on the back of it and I scored this amazing pots.
Speaker 2: Such a cool story. I love they did that for you?
Speaker 5: New asked as well, And I still have it. It's sitting in a cock can actually see it sitting in the corner of the room with a bit of dust on it and a couple of rips, but still looking good.
Speaker 2: Well, it will.
Speaker 5: If I can ever find someone who has a laminador big enough to handle it, I'll get that fucking covered.
Speaker 2: It's probably aged better than Axil himself and some of the bands I think.
Speaker 5: So that is also.
Speaker 2: I love that you've still got it. That's incredible, Amanda, Thank you very much, she cooled.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Have a great day.
Speaker 2: And Richard, good morning, Richard, good day.
Speaker 1: Here's we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good Richard. So what was the post for you?
Speaker 1: My poster was Cindy Crawford, you know, in the iconic sort of Stars and Strikes swimsuit early nineties sort of when she was top of the top of the game and probably everything.
Speaker 2: Yes, when she won the Grand finals game. What game was probably only one player?
Speaker 4: Do you break some records that year?
Speaker 1: Sadly?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 1: Probably probably fifteen to fifteen years later, I was I was working in a high end hotel, Fast Hotel in Sydney and uh, just taking you know, parking cars, taking bags up to rooms, that sort of thing. And you know, I went to take bags up to this one of the sort of penthouse sweats at the top and walked in not expecting anything. You know. Jane Smith was was the alleged or was the guest name on the checking card walk in and I guess there he has checked in. I was like, I just surprised. I was like, whoa the cup it was? It was amazing. I was like, I didn't know. I was lost words. I didn't know what to say.
Speaker 2: Usually Idy Crawford we didn't get that bit, so I don't know who was in.
Speaker 1: Tracking down Cindy Grawford was there.
Speaker 2: I love sting.
Speaker 1: Operation didn't know what to say. It was. I was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: And it's best you don't say anything because they don't need to hear. I was you up my game and I was just getting into the game. No words were not need to be said. Richard, thank you very much. He was like he's still breathless with it as well. Move on, man, cal a brighter.
Speaker 3: No, you're listening to the Question of Carl's Show podcast