Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Coomboo Marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Conquer Podcast. This is the podcast where we ch have mindset, self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development. No matter where you are in your journey, We're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness. If you're ready to get into the driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life cast you by, then you're in the right place. Hey, everybody, welcome back to the R and C Potty Today. We have a fun little pep talk for you, and it is all about detaching from the outcome or detaching from money. I have a really great story personally that I get into, but before that, a tear quick week update quickly, it's been a while. It's been a while. It's been a while. I'll go first, Yes, everybody wants to say, I think I've got more to express. Definitely, guys. I went to New Zealand and had the most amazing time with Tim, Ivy and my parents. So we actually planned this trip with my parents before COVID, Oh my gosh, and then COVID here and you know, all that happened, and so it was really incredible to finally do the ski the ski holiday finally left the chat and it was really incredible because we're there for my parents' sixtieth and obviously we got to take Ivy girl, and yeah, it was it was incredible. I am now a professional skier, Oh my gosh. Love No, not really. Well, I hadn't skied in sixteen years, and I honestly thought I would be terrible, but it was like riding a bike.
Speaker 2: It's good to note because I've actually never skied, that I do want to try.
Speaker 1: It's so fun a tea like I actually enjoyed like whipping down those slopes, and especially like with mom and dad because they were skiing and Tim was snowboarding. And oh my god, we just had the most amazing time and I was so present. I did not check my emails or Shopify once.
Speaker 2: So proud of you.
Speaker 1: I know, it's probably the first holiday I've ever done that first. Yeah wow, which is such a credit to you guys, the amazing team I have and my NHT because I just I knew everything was sorted and we had prepped and I didn't need to be but it just felt really good. Like I did reflect. I was like, fuck, it took me four.
Speaker 2: Years, but you're here now. I'm follow that out and.
Speaker 1: I'm not looking back. So yeah, it was amazing.
Speaker 2: What about you, I've just been working. But I know, because we haven't done recommendations in a while either, I did want to slip in that I went to see the Barbie movie and it was amazing. I'm so jealous. I do highly recommend that for everyone.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait to see it, so I've got to see it. It's like a mask one hundred a master.
Speaker 2: It's breaking all the records for female directed films. Yeah, Like, it's incredible and just like, because I'm a movie nerd, amazing for the movie industry, but one of the best films I've seen in a long time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all right, I'm gonna see it. Yeah, everybody go see it. Tell us what you think.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Also, before we get into the episode, you may have already seen this on Socials, but we have a super exciting announcement. Our life happens for me. Manifestation journals are being restocked and for those who don't know, this is the perfect product if you're new to journaling or if you really want to start a manifestation habit. So it has heaps of proNTs, weekly outlines, and some great activities, including an overview of my entire ten step manifesting formula, which we dive deeper into the R and C project. But in very exciting news, the journal is bringing a little friend. We are doing a masterclass. So this is a Manifesting with Momentum master class and basically, if you love my manifestation content, if you want to get into it, this is going to be a live master class where I really explain to you and riff on how you can be manifesting twenty four to seven, So how to get to the point of not only consciously manifesting, but subconsciously manifesting and really integrating it into your life. So it's just something that is and something you be rather than something you have to consciously think of. So it's a really exciting masterclass. I'm so excited to bring it to you, guys. And this is going to go on sale the same day as the Life Happens for Me journals. So if you want more information, there will be more info on our socials or our website.
Speaker 3: But let's get into the episode.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, let's get straight into it. So this episode really came about because I have a really great story about detaching from money, and I'll get straight into the story and then we can riff on it after a tear.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 1: So basically me and my best friend. She has a product based business, so she sells crystals and beautiful self care ritual tools and she's had that business for I think nearly four years, close to Naked Harvest, actually sorry, close to maybe three. And then she also does our coaching, so she's done a she's like a life coach, but she specializes in like hypnosis and that sort of coaching. She's amazing, She's incredible. It's so incredible to have a friend, like in the same realm as your career kind of thing. Anyway, so we vox her all the time because we rarely get to see each other. She's got two kids. And it was around what cell was it around a tier? EOFFI, EOFFI. We love EYOFFI. It's just fun to say. So it was EOFFI, and she voxed me. We talk by a voxer because it saves your voicy messages. You don't have to press the key thing. Yeah, and it's just it's really easy to talk. So she voiced me, and she was feeling quite frustrated because she does have a team. She has a girl who works for her, and they had spent quite a bit of time and resources, like preparing the EOFI sale for Cool Crystal Co. And like, yeah, I think they had spent like a good couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so EOFI started and she was feeling quite frustrated because she didn't get the traction that you know, she was hoping for. And I remember voicing her and saying, look, you know in e comm right now, it's it's quite normal. So like we're just we're seeing a lower percentage of people, you know, buying because of all the stuff happening in the world, and it's it's pretty normal, Like, don't feel like you're the only one or you've done something wrong. I think in her mind too, she felt like because previous years she hadn't put in much effort and the yoffee sale's gone off. Yeah, and so she has been like, you know, we've done all this planning, we did all this content strategy, and she really put that energy and the time into it. And so when she wasn't getting the traction, she said, she felt quite defeated, Yeah, and very kind of like, oh, what's the point?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like if it goes better when I put in less effort, why yeah.
Speaker 1: Why even try harder? And I so, I first of all, I said, look, you know e coom right now, it's just it is what it is. You've got to be able to weather this storm. You've got to be able to get through it. But also I said to her, I can I could even feel in her her voice and her energy and just like her vibe. I was like, you're very focused on the money coming in this like very specific way, and it felt I don't want to use the word desperate, but like it felt very She was very attached, like, well, I had spent this amount of time, so I want this result.
Speaker 2: Kind of like when people want more money, so they go the only way I'm getting that is through a pay rise at work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're so focused on it that you know they don't it doesn't matter if it's like, you know, tarnishing their relationship or yeah, you know, like when it's like very desperate, I must get this no matter what. Yeah, not that, yeah, she she I could just I could feel the vine. Yeah, And so I just voiced her and I just said, look, stop being I think you need to take a step back and don't take this personally. That's something actually in Naked Harvest that I found really helpful early on, is like not taking things personally when something didn't go well or a product didn't sell, you know, as good as I thought, or that sort of thing, and just really detaching from it, taking a step back and trusting that it's like it's fine if you know, the money or the abundance doesn't come in this way, it can come in a different way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And that's something I've done for a very long time and something I've been quite good at is like just really detaching. And I know when you're really focused on a result, it can feel so deflating. But then that's where you kind of fuck up your energy because you're like you then stop trying, Yeah, you then stop feeling supported. Your vibration goes down, like you all these like kind of domino effect things happen. Anyway, So I just popped in and I was like, look, you've like just detached. It's fine if it doesn't come through in this sale. You know, trust that it's kind of come through the rest of the month or the next quarter or you know, like you need to trust because first of all, you know your tools are amazing. Then you know they like help people's life products good. Yeah, So like you need to trust the universe and feel supported and that's what you need to get around. And I said to her, too, you've already done all the work, You've already prepared the content. Keep posting, like keep at it. Anyway, long story short, she voiced me back the next week and she was like, holy shit. So after that conversation, she was like, Yeah, I was so attached to like this specific amount and this specific result. I completely like took a step back, kept on, you know, posting in my business, and then she goes literally at the end of that week she landed two six month pay in full clients for her coaching business. Oh my god, which like completely out. Did you know how much she projected for the sale? Yeah, and she she was just in like awe of like holy shit.
Speaker 2: As soon as she let go, it all came in.
Speaker 1: Yes. And so this is the reminder for this episode is you know, it might not even be money, it could be anything, but like, where are you so focused on the thing that you're not allowing the universe to do its thing. You're not allowing like you might be so focused on a specific career, but you're you're missing all the signs from the universe for you know, this other thing. I really think about it. Like in my law career, I had so many nudges to quit law and to like didn't and I did it for six years, so many nudges like the universe like kept and I was like, what is happening, like all these curve balls, and then when I finally listened, like everything just fell into place and like really detaching and that's actually one of the greatest things I did. Was I actually quit my law job when I had nothing planned. Yeah, that is the essence of surrender and detachment and trust and like, trust me, that is where the magic happens. And for me, it's really about having the sense of knowing yourself and being like, I know I'm gonna land on my feet. Yeah, I know I'm gonna make it work because I know myself. I trust myself. And that is truly such a beautiful like power to be in it and such a beautiful vibe to be in because even like think about the person a tea, like I said, when I spoke to my friend, you could feel the I wish there was a better word than desperation, but you.
Speaker 2: Can feel almost like stubbornness in a way kind of yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's that vibe compared to someone who's like, it's gonna be fine, it's gonna be amazing. I just get to relax. I get to sit back. I've done the work. Yeah, I just get to sit back and you know, let it roll in. Like which person would you rather sit next to?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the second one.
Speaker 1: So that's what I really wanted to bring into you guys today and really help you remember is sometimes things not happening the specific way we want or even the specific Like let's get down to the nitty gritty with business, Like maybe it's not the specific product or the specific you know, whatever you're putting out. Yeah, but it is up to you when that thing quote unquote fails, yeah, or it doesn't do as well or whatever, it is up to you to continuously show up.
Speaker 2: And would you say, it's almost still an energy exchange of you have to put in the work, whether you whether it's like showing or not. Like how your friends still kept posting on socials all the content she had planned. She didn't just like give up.
Speaker 1: Yes, definitely if it feels aligned, Yeah, if it feels aligned, And especially she had already created all the content.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I was like, of course you posted yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think manifesting is like something you've got to remember, is it's it takes two to tango. Yeah, the universe works with you, but you need to show up. You need to like trust yourself, you need to do the work in whatever feels good for you. And like while surrendering, while being like I'm not gonna, I think it's also about realizing, like I'm not gonna let this result dictate how I'm gonna show up. I think that's the biggest thing. Like it kind of reminds me in Uni I failed a subject. Yeah, and I really remember that being like this critical point where I was like, oh wow, I I do actually I need to constantly put in the work because you get like comfortable, yeah, like it I can go to like two tutorials.
Speaker 2: Mistake you're oh shit, and then when.
Speaker 1: You fail, you try like, well, I personally when the opposite, and I tried really really hard and I got a high distinction, and I was like, see, I just needed showing up pace. I needed the reminder. But imagine, let's say you get halfway through your law degree, which is five years, and you fail one subject, so you give up? Do you mean yeah, like the moments where okay, I'm not going to let that result mean anything. I'm gonna And that was the biggest thing that I had this conversation with my friend. I was like, stop taking it personally, stop make stop making it mean something. And that's even like with businesses right now, that is like my biggest advice, Like, yes, we are going through a tough period economically, but if you can continue to show up. If you can continue to serve, it's like it can't not work out. You've got to You've you've got to keep showing up. You've got to keep being in that vibration. And also again not making it mean anything, because so many times it's like the universe is about to give us this like amazing thing and we get here and then we just stop and we're like, nah, I'm over it. You've really fucked me off. And then you know, you're just you're just about to get over the finish line. So that is my reminder today. And guys, if we are talking about abundance, it's I know it can be really hard to detach, but it's like anything like in you know, my courses I talk about for example, if you are dating someone and they're like really desperate, they're really touchy and feely, and they're like really all up in your grially like leave me alone, yeah, just give me some space.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But if you're like cool as a cucumber, You're like I'm here if you need me, and you're like you're that person and you're like supportive, but you're not like oversupportive. Like that's when things work. Yeah, and that's I literally that's the relationship I have with money. It's even like in our holiday we Tim, we like parked literally for like thirty minutes, and Tim lost the parking ticket and it was supposed to be like six dollars. It ended up being like ninety dollars. I was about to get really you know, frustrated and angry because it fell out.
Speaker 2: Of his pocket.
Speaker 3: I was like, you idiot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I literally just had to be like, it's fine, it's all good. It's all good. It'll come back in a different way, and for whatever reason this needs to happen, I'm not gonna get my knickers in or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was me when I got a parking ticket.
Speaker 1: I know you can get so frustrated.
Speaker 2: I was just like, not my money in the first place. Yeah, got somewhere else to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fine, it's fine. Guys. I hope you loved this quick little pep talk. If you want to chat about this, come our Facebook group. That's where we do all our chatting. We'll put a link in the show notes. But I hope you have the most amazing week. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Risinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, and look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.