Speaker 1: Pick up.
Speaker 2: Come on Thursday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're here for the chemist ware House. Great savings every day.
Speaker 3: It's what's that in your shirt?
Speaker 1: Head on it? No, this is it's a bit. I'm just a bit of water.
Speaker 3: Oh is that it's a little bit left over?
Speaker 1: I didn't think we're going to talk about this. I vomited on myself. I went to the I met the gym in my fit boy era and I went too hard and I vomited on myself. At the gym, I was doing lap pull downs and I pulled so hard. My abs haven't been activated since I came out of the womb, so I pulled down and I activated it, and I just vomited up my protein shake. And my trainer looked at me and said, clean your So I waddled, you know, like when you've got liquids on your shirt, you kind of cup it like. I cupped my shirt and cut my vomit, waddle to the toilet, dumped it in, and then he's like, why don't you train topless? And I said, you will lose all topless. So I had to clean myself up. Thanks for bringing it up.
Speaker 2: You know, they say better out than inn.
Speaker 1: I should have sayed it.
Speaker 3: It's disgusting. That's disgusting.
Speaker 1: Does it smell?
Speaker 3: Well, Look, I'm glad that you showered since it happened, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, I have Well. Welcome to the show everyone today.
Speaker 4: Let's get on with it.
Speaker 3: We've got a really really.
Speaker 4: Divisive ask gun cut.
Speaker 2: This is like groundbreaking stuff. Ken you keep a lost slash stolen cat.
Speaker 3: Stop the nation stopping your.
Speaker 4: Tracks people, because this is what we need to decide.
Speaker 1: Is that why you've got a crate behind you?
Speaker 4: I did bring a crate, got a micro chip. We've got a lot.
Speaker 1: Yep, I've got thet.
Speaker 3: It's here right now in the studio.
Speaker 1: Laura, can you talk while the cat me house? Yes, that's on the way. Groundbreaking radio here at the Pig. Also, we have a full roll of tickets to Taylor Swiss airs the world too. We have all your free tickets coming up real soon. Here at the pickup. Welcome, it is the pick up Thursday afternoon. We Britt, Laura and Mitch. Thanks to Chemist Warehouse, Rushian today to get half price off the Nature's Wave Vitamins range excludes boxize this Chemist Warehouse great savings every day.
Speaker 4: Ask act.
Speaker 3: So ask gun Khant is a segment we do every Thursday. It's where you call in with your deepest, darkest, biggest dilemmas. And we've got one about a lost cat today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm anxious about this. Hannah's on. Hey Hannah, how can we help with your cat dilemma?
Speaker 5: Hey guys, So basically this is about my cat Shadow. So she's five yep about Yeah, we've had her about five years. So she was a kinton, fairly young when we got her. We found her on the street. She seemed unwell, really skinny, so we essentially saved her. She's been an in door cat. Recently, we went to the vet and they checked her microchip and just to update it with any new info we had, and it actually belonged to somebody else who has been looking.
Speaker 4: For this said cat for five years.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, we've had it for five years. Like I said, it's just it was a kitten when we got it, so it would have been a kitten when the past owners essentially lost it. But I've grown so close to this cat over the past five years. She's my baby essentially, like and these new owners have come forward and said that they want Shadow.
Speaker 1: Back and said we've like, is there like a legal obligation we have a duty of care?
Speaker 3: Hannah, Was there a reason why you never took the kitten originally to get it scanned to check if out had a microchip five years ago when you found it.
Speaker 5: Well, we did. We've taken her to the vet quite a few times, but they've never actually checked the microchip, so it was just updating information. They thought, oh, you know what, maybe we should just check this microchip, and that's when all the details popped up.
Speaker 1: So you probably thought when you first found it that it's a kitten. It's so young. Wouldn't you thought it was a little straight. You didn't even get think to get it microchip.
Speaker 5: Checked exactly, And she was skinny. She was just so little. I just thought, you know, she was like you said, she's astray.
Speaker 2: I think in this sense, I think this would be different if you found a cat that was already ten years old and then you had it for another couple of years. I think it would you'd have to give it back to the owner because it's it was their cat.
Speaker 4: In this case, it was a tiny little kitten when you found it. I feel like it's.
Speaker 1: Your cat cat.
Speaker 2: Are you raised, You've looked after it and essentially they let it escape when.
Speaker 4: I was little.
Speaker 3: Would you can you not go and buy them another cat and be like, here's a kitten, it's black, and it's to buy him another cat? Well, I mean look, because obviously cats they're not free, you know, just pick them. Even even when you go to the pan and you buy a cat, they still cost money. If they really want a cat, can't you just offer to go and buy them a kitten and then they can start from scratch with a brand new Shadow point too?
Speaker 1: Well, have you have you spoken to them, Hannah, Like if you just said pull your head in, you haven't raised Shaddy.
Speaker 5: I've spoken to them through the vet. So the vet has told me that they really want Shadow back, And like you said, I would be more than willing to buy them a new cat because Shadow is essentially mine. I love her so much I can't even think of life without her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you know, I think you need to get in contact with the other, you know, the old owners of Shadow, because I think it's easy to go through the vet and not see the like how much it's affecting you, and not see how much of a bond that you've created over five years, and maybe if you were able to speak to them and like explain to them how it's been and you know what you've done for the cat, then maybe they might have a bit more understanding as to why you want to keep the cat, and they might be happy with getting another one.
Speaker 4: I just pack up and move. It's also an option you pat can and run hit the road.
Speaker 3: It doesn't work when you do that with children. That'll get you in jail. But I reckon a cat's fine. Could you get into big trouble if you keep the cat? I don't even know at this point.
Speaker 1: And get the cat and run, keep the cat, run, run and run for the way to look.
Speaker 3: Let him take you to small courts for a cat.
Speaker 1: It's fine. I keep this updated with that, Hannah, please okay?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Oh good luck. That's so difficult because you don't actually care to image just like I say that, but I don't want to. I care.
Speaker 3: Imagine though, imagine if somebody found Delilah and kept Delilah for five years. Delilah's only one and a half.
Speaker 4: Tyler is two and two months.
Speaker 3: Two, So imagine if somebody found Delilah kept her for five years technically they had her longer than you did, and then was like, but I've had Dahlia for five years totally.
Speaker 2: The only reason this is different is because it was a tiny, malnourished kitten. If Dyla gets out all she's been gorging on his salmon like she's doing.
Speaker 1: Home, you can have cavea. All right. Next on the show, I we have an update on my Maths application.
Speaker 3: Right, oh yeah, look, we're Mitch for Maths. It's happening. We are, we are on We've got on the campaign trail.
Speaker 1: All right, the updates after this on the pickup. It is the pickup for your Thursday Britt and Laura Mitch here or thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today great savings every day.
Speaker 2: Well, we have seen on the campaign trail Mitch for Maths twenty twenty three.
Speaker 4: It's going well.
Speaker 2: We've contacted producers, casting directors, the whole bunch of people. We had a meeting with them and they did say for this to progress any further, we needed to do the application here live on air.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Is this real?
Speaker 3: They just want a little bit more information about you, and we're really trying to put together the profile of who is Mitch jury because we know Britt and I we both know you would be excellent on maths, and we also know that you're looking for love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I am.
Speaker 3: And so the Channel nine execs need to have a little bit more context as to who you are as a person.
Speaker 1: You actually said this to the Channel ninety.
Speaker 3: Oh they are well aware.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I had like a two hour meeting with them.
Speaker 1: You're kidding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, these are the real, some real questions we want you to answer.
Speaker 1: What they asked the actual contestants on maps.
Speaker 4: This is the real, real application that you have to do to get onto Maps.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm ready, Okay, hit me.
Speaker 4: I mean, we've got the basics to start, and I shouldn't say basics. But how tall are you am? I? Which is wild that that's a question, that is a real question, that's a question.
Speaker 1: Wigh. Oh, I'm six foot three. I'm tall.
Speaker 3: So everyone wants a tall boy.
Speaker 1: My BMI is it's in six figures. It's shocking. It's like a used Toyota Corolla. It is. There's a lot of a lot of zeros on that, but I won't go into it. I'm heavy.
Speaker 3: What qualities do you dislike in other people?
Speaker 1: Oh, I hate arrogance. I hate arrogant people. I hate cockiness. I don't like cocky people. I'm making notes, write these down. I don't like I like hygiene, so I don't like poor hygiene. I like people that are clean.
Speaker 3: Hygiene and arrogance the only two things.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 4: Have you ever been convicted of a criminal effect? Michu because they take that semi seriously.
Speaker 1: Nothing that anyone could have approve.
Speaker 3: What are some of the challenges you have faced on your search for true love?
Speaker 1: Finding love, finding, utting it down, locating it, locating the source of love, putting not putting aside what I actually need just for the sake of being love. I feel like it. Loved my last relationships, I would just go, well, this is love, so I'm going to take it. But in reality, I'm like, what love do I actually need? You know, I didn't take into account what I was needing to therapy any love multiple times.
Speaker 4: I think we need to. I don't know about this application now protect me at all? Of course?
Speaker 2: Is there anything about yourself you'd be worried to tell your future partner?
Speaker 1: Oh uh oh, I used my pubre trimmer on my beer. Like I have one beard trimm Let's not tell.
Speaker 3: Any future partner that I think that that's normal. I'm pretty sure my husband also has one. It's endearing one trimmer that he uses downstairs and upstairs.
Speaker 1: I spend a lot of time with my family. I feel that could be a bit of a red flag. Some guys don't like family time.
Speaker 4: Green flag for others, though, Yes, true.
Speaker 3: Have you had any cosmetic surgery or tweaks.
Speaker 1: I've had baby bowtops.
Speaker 4: It's also time to talk about the hair transplant.
Speaker 1: No, I have not had a hair hair transplant, but I have looked at flights to Turkey.
Speaker 3: Lift your eyebrows for me.
Speaker 1: No, I had baby bowtocks. It's the bowtocks they put in babies. It was very minimal.
Speaker 4: All right. Do you live with your parents or who do you live with?
Speaker 1: That's not a question.
Speaker 4: It was who do you live with and do you live.
Speaker 1: I live with my mum and dad after living alone for five years, but yes, I live with mum and dad at the moment.
Speaker 3: How many demerit points do you have?
Speaker 4: This is a question. You have to be able to drive to the show.
Speaker 1: I can drive, but I'm on golden point, so I'm I'm on a good behavior license, So.
Speaker 3: What does that mean exactly? Those who drive well?
Speaker 1: I almost I lost my license and then I fought it, so I've got one point remaining. It's like a it's like a yeah, gold point, it's like angle Berry totally. So well, I drive very well.
Speaker 4: And how many followers do you have? And do you have a blue tick?
Speaker 1: I do have a blue tick? Yeah, yeah, just a cringe combine combined a hundred thousand followers and all social media platforms including.
Speaker 3: There you have a Channel Night executives here.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I even want to do this. As two girls who have been on reality shows, you were both on the Bachelort and both had very different outcomes.
Speaker 4: Why do you laugh and look at me? What was that about?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: Point it because I mean it was tragic for you. It was a tragic ending. You didn't get Trent told.
Speaker 4: His name, Yes, Trent was the honeybage yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And then Laura found Matt her husband and worked for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I had a substantially better ending. I've got two children and married.
Speaker 2: To the bloke, but embarrassed on national television. So it's just similar.
Speaker 3: But you do have a career in radio, which might not have happened otherwise.
Speaker 1: So this is a talent.
Speaker 3: This has not come from being dumb to be okay. Although I may have gotten the happy ending with Matt, the process of reality TV is pretty shocking and horrible. At the very end, the very finale when Matt and I and I was walking up to him and he had to choose between me and the other girl. The producers said to me that day, Oh, I know you're going to be disappointed, but except whatever he says with dignity and grace. So I walked up to Matt at a finale thinking that he wasn't going to choose me, and the producers told the other girl, the girl who came second, that it was going to be her, and she had a full just meltdown. It was awful.
Speaker 4: Do I think you should do maths?
Speaker 3: Yes? No, we need the content.
Speaker 1: Submit the application, ladies. Well it's in the hands of the reality gods. Now sent it off.
Speaker 3: Really four months of your life coming right up?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, it's submitted officially, that's great.
Speaker 2: Well, coming up next is an extraordinary tale. We've all heard about people that have lied on their CV to get a job.
Speaker 4: But this is next level.
Speaker 2: The extent that this man went to, he even made some citizen arrests, is wild.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you after the break on the Pickup.
Speaker 1: Hates the Pickup Thursday with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Thanks to Chemist Warehouse Rushing today, you'll get half priced off the Nature's Way Vitamins range. It excludes bulk sizes though. Chemist Warehouse great savings every day.
Speaker 2: I feel like at times we've all thought about like adding a little bit of mayo to a CV to get a job, lying about what you are to impress somebody.
Speaker 4: You've been there.
Speaker 3: It's pretty much how we got into radio, isn't it truly?
Speaker 4: Absolutely well. There's a forty two year old in the US.
Speaker 2: His name is Andrew Deboa, and he's just been arrested for impersonating a firefighter. He was going around pretending he was this decorated firefighter. Not only did he impersonate a firefighter, but he went to the extent of, okay, what if somebody actually wants to contact the fire department. He made an entire LinkedIn page, He made a fire station all made up. He created this whole life in his head that he was a firefighter with a fire station, with his great job.
Speaker 4: He had a truck.
Speaker 2: With a light on the top, like a firelight, and then he had fire decals. This is my favorite part on the side of the truck to look like fire. I think that's what you get from the two dollar store when you're kid, you know how you get those like little stickers and the sticker books. And he had just like little fire stickers on his car, and he.
Speaker 4: Was hooning around arresting people.
Speaker 2: He's trying to make like citizens arrests with his fake fire badge and his fake fire decal and his fake fire alarm.
Speaker 3: I feel like this man has got things a little bit confused, because the last I heard, fireman don't arrest people.
Speaker 1: That's the police.
Speaker 6: I'm the wrong job.
Speaker 2: No, So the only way that this man was discovered was on July eleven, a victim called authorities after they were pulled over by a man posing a law enforcement officer. So now he's gone to law enforcement, like obviously the firefighting's just in his lunch break. He pulled them off and said, you know, like there's a problem, I'm I'm going to arrest you.
Speaker 4: Basically and she was like, this doesn't seem right because she goes I looked to the back of the truck and there was some little fire stickers on the truck.
Speaker 3: And he's got a pair of fluffy handcuffs. There's a garden hose stuck on the side of a hoyn just.
Speaker 1: A super soaker in his back pocket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he had just like a water pistol.
Speaker 1: Hold on fire stickers. Guys, there's no actual fire, they're just stickers of a fire.
Speaker 3: But the person is there's so many layers of this that's so funny, Like what does he rock up to a fire with a garden hose? Like, how does one totally impersonate to being a firefighter?
Speaker 2: What if someone actually calls you up and they're like, help, there's a fire's bucket of water?
Speaker 4: Well he was Actually he's.
Speaker 7: Been arrested, no doubt, he's been bookehed for false imprisonment and impersonated an officer and they reckon that there's like a trail of destruction in his pat the reckon He's done this to a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, look at this. The suspect seems to have taken further steps to solidify his cover, he went onto a software and built his own website for a non existent fire agency.
Speaker 3: Can I just say, if this man applied himself in any other career, he probably could have become a firefighter. And he's so diligent.
Speaker 2: Can you think do you think the whole point is because it's a flex Do you think he uses it to pick up chicks?
Speaker 3: Is in?
Speaker 4: Like, I've just been fine fires and saving the world. And look at my my burnt muscles.
Speaker 1: You see my Ford Fiesta with flame stickers on it. I'm a real legit fire fight.
Speaker 3: And what's the fireman poll? Is it just a strip of pole in the back of his should?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But he's gone to jail, he's been arrested, thank god, Thank god he's off the strep.
Speaker 3: Whorl of the stories. Don't lie on your CV.
Speaker 4: Or get proper decals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some lies are worse than others.
Speaker 1: Though, Yeah, I agree, that's that's fine. I kind of think it's quite endearing.
Speaker 3: I tell people I've got my postgraduate degree, but I never passed.
Speaker 1: I told people would defeat a score and I dropped out after Shakespeare was hard. Yeah, all right. Next on the show, Lee Campbell. You know Mamma Mia. We love mam and me A Mere Friedman the team Atma Mea.
Speaker 4: I was in there yesterday actually doing a little podcast.
Speaker 3: Make you brick?
Speaker 4: Would you be coming playing with the competition, Laura?
Speaker 3: Alright, Well we have Lee Campbell joining us. She's the executive editor for Mama Mia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's on the show with this after this, so the pick Up. Hey, you're on the pick Up Wednesday afternoon with Britt, Laura and Mitch.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: Thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today. You'll get great savings every day, no doubt. If you're listening, you're familiar with Muma Mia. You guys have all worked with Mamma Mia.
Speaker 3: Ah, we love MoMA Mia.
Speaker 4: They're absolutely huge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, yeah, we love the Muma Mea team. Lee Campbell is the executive editor at Mumma Mia. She joins us now. She's also the ambassador for the Good Feel Better Program, which is so incredible. The work they're doing there is amazing. Welcome to the Pickup, Lee, Hello.
Speaker 4: Hi, Tim, how are you all, Hiley, We're good friend. Thanks for joining us today.
Speaker 2: Look, can you tell us a little bit about the look Good, Feel Better Program?
Speaker 3: I sure can.
Speaker 6: So it's a free national community program and it's open to anyone receiving any type of treatment for cancer. So it began in the nineteen nineties and since then they have helped over one thousand, seven hundred women, men, teens. They've all participated and the program has been designed to help cancer patients learn strategies to manage the physical, the psychological, and of course the social impacts going through cancer treatment. They provide face to face workshops, virtual workshops and at home delivered confidence kids.
Speaker 3: Nalie, you're one of the ambassadors for the program, but you also have a real personal connection to this. Do you mind telling us a little bit about why this is so important to you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, look, I unfortunately lost my father to cancer a few years ago, and being a woman now in my forties, more and more people that I know, family and loved ones are all being touched by cancer in various ways. You know, cancer does not discriminate, and so if I could assist in raising funds to help people going through treatment, it's honestly the least I can do.
Speaker 1: So how it works is right Revlon and Chemist Warehouse they partner. This is the second year in a row with International Lipstick Day, which is Saturday, twenty ninth of July, so coming up this weekend, and then Revlon's International Ellipstick Day campaign is running from July six to August seconds, you got some time to participate in that. What do we do? We've got to wear lipy? Do we buy alippy? How does it work? Because I have to wear it? Mitches many excuse to put some on them down.
Speaker 6: Look, everyone should be wearing lipstick absolutely, so Look Good Feel Better doesn't receive any government funding. It's all the generosity of the community and fundraising. So International Lipstick Day is all about buying a wonderful lipstick and then some of those funds will be donated to Look Good, Feel Better. So Chemists Warehouse Nationwide will donate two dollars from every Revelon Superlustrious lipstick sale throughout the whole campaign period, So not just that day, but yes, you can go and buy amazing lipsticks, buy them for your friends, your sisters, your brothers, your father's and two dollars will be donated.
Speaker 3: Tell us what happens at these workshops that they put on.
Speaker 6: Oh, they're fantastic. So I attended my first workshop. Oh, gosh over a decade ago in beauty media to help out and I was so blown away. So what they do there They talk through, you know, maybe how to do your eyebrows on or how to tie a hair scuff. But it's about that, but it's really not. It's about bringing strangers together who are, you know, going through a scary thing and might not have the support around them of people knowing exactly what it's like. And so it's just the comfort of you know, familiar faces or new faces that are going through a familiar journey and it just gives them a little break pen some fun from their daily reality.
Speaker 2: Well, look, you're a beauty editor. I'm not gonna let you get away without some beauty tips.
Speaker 4: What is your tip for lipstick? Your best tip?
Speaker 2: Because I don't get it the lipliner lipstick combo?
Speaker 4: Do you do the same color? Do you do the darker lipliner? Because I don't know what I'm doing.
Speaker 6: The darker thing is definitely thing at the moment, but I don't have time. I'm a busy mum, so I never go for a lipstick that needs precision. I just like a quick swipe like a stain and then I can just do it without a mirror. And then I love like a punchy red or a pink or a coral and you use a tony bit on your cheeks, it's a blush and it's a.
Speaker 4: Two in one. Yeah, right, that's what you need, Laura.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's one of these things. I think it's so underrated and underacknowledged just how much people who are going through cancer treatment are physically affected. And whether it's hair loss or dealing with you know, and you think eyebrows and eyelashes, it takes such an effect on their health obviously, but also on their self esteem. And I think this is just such a beautiful initiative. Thank you so much coming on being part of the show and just remind us again how can people get involved.
Speaker 6: Heads to chemist Warehouse anytime at the moment, and especially this Saturday. Two dollars will be no date. Two dollars will be donated from Revlon's Super Luscious Lipstick, which is also one of my absolute favorite lipsticks. So go on buy five shades.
Speaker 1: Everyone amazing and you have a look on socials. Look Good, Feel Better, Lee Campbell, Executive Editor, Mom and Mea. Thanks for joining us on the pickup League.
Speaker 4: Thanksley, thanks so much.
Speaker 1: Thankfully, big show today. If you missed any of it, you can podcast at all on the iHeartRadio app. We were talking missing cats earlier in the show. That was groundbreaking.
Speaker 4: Well, I feel like you've directed that a me, Mitch.
Speaker 3: Look, that is a really problem that somebody has to deal with. No, that cat could get taken away from them, don't mock tell you.
Speaker 2: Know why you're saying that, because we all know you stole a cat when you were younger, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And never gave it back. Mitch. We'll talk about that on another show, won't we.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Fifth or whatever that's it's Australia. We don't play the fifth.
Speaker 1: Here me ow. You can podcast the show. iHeartRadio Search to pick up when cold and Flu strikes, Devers and gets it done is following the directions for you.
Speaker 4: Let's come and listen to someone that actually knows what they're talking about. Will and Morney and they can drive us home. What do you got boys?
Speaker 2: Rugerd is going as Woodies date to the TV week LOGI Awards this Sunday.
Speaker 1: Foul mouthed, foul mouthed woman from Central Queensland who owns a bait and tackle shop with a naughty corner coming out of the big smoke. She's going to be walking the red carpet. We're getting it ready for the event woods and today. Yeah, one of the queens of the Logis and Bishop is going to be giving her some advice on just how to be a shoulder to shoulder with Australia's biggest celebrities. So I stay with us.
Speaker 3: Well, Ruth Jude might be going as Woodies date. Who's your day, bitch mine? Brittany Okley, he's not coming to the Logos. He didn't get a ticket inside.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're on the red carpet with you know he's he's working the red carpet and then they you yeah, but they didn't give him a ticket to the Logis. He's just work.
Speaker 4: You don't need a date in the Logans, You don't need a date for the Red car They could be a.
Speaker 1: Front, but we can be a polyamoral LOGI Car. I do enjoy that.
Speaker 3: It's the three best friends that anybody ever had. Anybody that's it from us, guys.
Speaker 1: See it's tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Bye.