Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 3: Guess what, guys, Oh, it's my birthday.
Speaker 2: No it isn't.
Speaker 1: And if you listen to this, it's too late to say happy birthday.
Speaker 4: Oh I think give them Give them one week buffer to be fair, one week buffer, Give them one week buffer.
Speaker 3: I'm not a fan of the this is my birthday post? I can I have done one in twenty twenty?
Speaker 4: Why can I can? I? Do you prefer the spotlight you've earned? I let you ask for.
Speaker 3: Never something druer, truer, rather being uttered in podcast form.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 3: And yet this is the this is the daily grapple that I have with Cater because I'm just out here talking.
Speaker 1: And talking and talking.
Speaker 2: And I'm talking and what do you want in exchange?
Speaker 1: I want?
Speaker 3: I want to make something that changes the world finally, and yet here I am not trying hard enough. So twenty twenty three, let's see what happens to folks.
Speaker 2: Big task. You want to change the world.
Speaker 3: I actually don't care about that, but you know, I want to like push myself. Like you say, you find it quite easy to talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, so you want to do something outside your comfort zone.
Speaker 4: It's like when people say, like, I'm looking for that feeling, like you know, when you're like a little bit scared, that's something.
Speaker 2: I'm like, No, that's not what I'm looking for.
Speaker 4: I'm looking for the things that I do every day to be at a bare minimum easy, simple, enjoyable, create. You know, all these things are like just natural extensions. When I feel like that one like like rigidity or like friction. Before, I was like, yeah, this is sick, like we're pushing against the current. Now I'm going with the current. The current's taking me to bed at seven pm. That's where I'm going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, half half yeah.
Speaker 2: But happy birthday, babe, thank you.
Speaker 3: It's Fremy's day.
Speaker 2: It's actually Freemy's month.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're both at the start of the month, like it's your whole month, babe, and we should celebrate every day.
Speaker 1: And it's just in the cusp of leaving summer. It's a nice off.
Speaker 3: It's just close enough to the start of the year for it to not be roped in with Christmas and New Years. So I just really love it. What do you want this year of your life to be? I want this year of my life to be the same as last year, which is happy, fun, lots of socializing. I think I want to be a bit more routine. Hi. Yeah, twenty twenty two was a fucking free for all. Let's be honest, and it worked out.
Speaker 1: It did it did? Let's go he again? Yeah, happy birthday to me again?
Speaker 3: Yeah, cat Flex and froomes. You're listening to Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: What the frick sitting in front of me?
Speaker 4: Is a precious gem, a quirky redacted, a sensational young woman. It is Lucinda Froom's price government name, and it is objectively the best day of the month, her birthday.
Speaker 1: Fan fair.
Speaker 3: Let's art Okay, let's cut into claps and now let's cut in. Tomorrow is going to be the fourth of March. Booze, am I hot? Would you say that this year I'm going to find the love of my life?
Speaker 2: It's a what?
Speaker 3: And finally, am I a beautiful birthday girl?
Speaker 2: Do that from hot? Am I going to find the love of my life?
Speaker 3: To?
Speaker 4: Am I a beautiful birthday girl? Is there anything else is on your mind?
Speaker 1: I don't care about what's your love?
Speaker 3: Listen the girlies? Ok. I will confirm it was a girly, wasn't it It was you brook Yet again the manual labor falling on Brookie out producer with no thanks.
Speaker 2: International Women's they all over again.
Speaker 3: Say it'll say you guys, got me a cake? I specified I want a cake from bread top. I have been known to on my birthdays ask my mum for a cake from Dairy Bell. Stand up my Melbourne brethren and they would have these barbie cakes, one for myself, one for the rest of the family. Naturally, Oh goodey chocolate.
Speaker 2: It seems like.
Speaker 3: Well, obviously budgets were tired. Okay, let's have a look at my cake. I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 4: Got that is so cute, doggy. Oh that's perfect. Good job, Rookie, that's so cute.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, we're flavory chocolate.
Speaker 2: Gorge chocolate.
Speaker 4: Is this a good time to talk about the elephant in the room?
Speaker 2: How old is thy? Turning?
Speaker 3: Okay? Well, after months of speculation and various articles.
Speaker 4: A few submissions on famous birthdays, have they gone through?
Speaker 2: Not sure, but we'll molle checking in.
Speaker 3: Net Worth waiting age or contenter topics. I am not, in fact turning twenty five. It's hard to boot track ageism is real, and it's time that I finally came forth and said came out. Low blow. It's another episode. I'm twenty eight. Okay for all the people on YouTube and TikTok, but don't know me that say I can't look out if she's twenty or sixty. This is the definitive ends not wrong for that.
Speaker 2: They're not wrong for that.
Speaker 3: I'm turning twenty eight and there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 1: I'm in my prime.
Speaker 3: The eggs are egging, the baps are bapping up, and it's just a great time to be alive with you, Flex, Thank you for making the last year interesting.
Speaker 1: We've had some up togethers.
Speaker 3: What it takes me the best year of my life. But it's been interesting.
Speaker 2: Why do just feel like we're doing vows? It's just your birthday ing.
Speaker 3: Vows from a couple that can't I hate each other.
Speaker 2: It's been interesting. We've been through ups and downs. My silly little month's day, right, Can I kill you sometime?
Speaker 3: This is flex and frooms on FLEXI.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about love.
Speaker 3: Thank goodness, it's my birthday and I believe that love should be unbound. Yes and bound too, Yeah, get on get me on a motorbike, let me get my long hair flapping in the wind. Well, Honey, Kanye is Honey's talking about how Kanya.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we should do a tangent right now, but yeah.
Speaker 3: Is married to a Melbourne now so zipper, So I'll say we have mutuals. I actually don't know for you do, okay, But she has the same hair as me? Shut up, all right? This is a story that I found. I can't get meeting my mother in law out of my head. Me and my boyfriend have been together for six months and I got to meet my partner's parents over dinner. Things going well until I started noticing that I had a lot of similarities with my mother in law aka my boyfriend's mum.
Speaker 2: Premature. But that's okay, it's been six months, so we get ahead of ourselves. Mother didn't even know you like that? Get off the plane.
Speaker 3: Where's the ring?
Speaker 2: Love?
Speaker 3: I'm talking, same color hair, same eyes. We even had the same pair of sandals, same size.
Speaker 1: Babes. Babes is rocking the what are they.
Speaker 3: The stocks with the two little straps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a bit on my mum and Nat.
Speaker 3: It was uncanny. I put it down to coincidences, until her siblings also rocked up and started making jokes about the fact that I could literally be her daughter. Wow, we've all been there. I can't stop thinking about it, to the point where I need to end it with him overreacting. I'll just start my saying, have you ever dated someone whose mum looked exactly like? No, you're saying you don't have red hair, and.
Speaker 2: What should she do?
Speaker 4: This is such a shame, but honestly it should happen more often than not, considering what we know about the Oedipus complex. Shout out to Freud.
Speaker 1: Cheers King, Look, just means a man has taste.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just means the man likes what he likes, and he's been consistent about that. Kaneta, Hurrah. It's actually the creepiest thing I've ever heard. But also like you're kind of into deep because you sound deranged, you break up with it.
Speaker 2: Because of it. It's just a concidence.
Speaker 3: It's I will say. People always say that you go for your dad, which like, that's just as sick. Yeah, tall, dark, handsome on the fence about that.
Speaker 4: I just don't know if there's much you can do in a serious way. I think the only thing you can do is start bookmarking. And if you've been in a relationship, you know what bookmarking is. It gets to the point where you realize not everything can be a conversation because you'll be yip yapping, you'll be the town nagger and it's not a good place to be. So just bookmark these things so you can build a case for yourself.
Speaker 1: Record everything, guys, record.
Speaker 4: Everything eventually when it gets to be too odd, because right now it's a little bit weird, but it's it's a coincidental thing allegedly. I personally don't believe in coincidences, but we don't share the same spiritual beliefs.
Speaker 2: If it gets to the point where people.
Speaker 4: Outside of your family are starting to notice, you should be concerned. And also I would recommend spending no time with the mother in law so you don't converge further.
Speaker 3: Get those sandals and burn them and cut.
Speaker 2: Her out of your life, because it's only gonna get worse from here.
Speaker 3: You're gonna fling the sandals off like this. Don't do it, okay, Flex and Firms Flex and fromes.
Speaker 4: Cater never miss a beat topic conversation beauty standards. I feel, personally, don't get offended. The conversation has been wholly unproductive since we started doing discourse on the internet, so twenty ten, it very quickly went from acknowledging that beauty standards are a concept that exists and affect us negatively and positively in so many different ways. Then as we begin to mature in our understanding of beauty and aesthetics and optics and class and all of these things, the conversation has gotten so derivative that people think the solution to the negative impacts of beauty standards is to pretend that beauty doesn't exist, and it's like you're a layer, or on the adverse, to pretend that ugly things don't exist, you're play.
Speaker 2: So I'm on a mission, right.
Speaker 4: I think it's really important that we as a society, we as a people, can start to just acknowledge when things are beautiful, when things are hot, when things are pretty, because everybody knows, like the theory of just the world is duality, very black. There's a white for every left, there is a right, very up, there is a down. Very good, There is a bad for every beautiful, there is an ugly point blank period, no amount of posturing.
Speaker 2: It's gonna delete that.
Speaker 4: And so, rather than pretend that beauty standards don't exist, let's get more specific about what we personally find to be beautiful.
Speaker 3: And therefore pund interject.
Speaker 1: I think I'm going down the right route.
Speaker 2: We're always in the right root. We might get there at different times, definitely.
Speaker 3: Always different modes are transfer.
Speaker 4: I'm definitely on a yeah, and then you go for get on a segway.
Speaker 3: Fall over and get back on, and then take the onto a barge. It's going across a river.
Speaker 1: Okay, one step too far.
Speaker 3: No, I will say that I like the I do that there's duality. I don't really think about that much in my own life. But then, yeah, I think if we tell me if I'm going down the same path, if we both in our own minds get very clear on what we find beautiful, both in people, in flowers, in world generally, and then we think of that complete opposite, maybe that offsets this idea that there is one standard that we must adhere to.
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly, because I think now people are really challenged with this idea of perceiving themselves or the things they like is beautiful because all they center is the standard, which is arbitrary. There are plenty of standards. That's my point. Decide for yourself, what is your standard? Why While understanding there is a broader standard, you in your individual, unique body get to live such an individual circumstance that it makes no sense that you would measure yourself solely on this like generic standard. We don't do that with most things. Like anyone can acknowledge it, like you're not the smartest person generally, but you have interests that will you be really smart at right simple you can acknowledge you're not the most beautiful person generally, or you don't have the most you know, well seasoned approach to aesthetics and can still acknowledge that things are beautiful to you.
Speaker 3: Let's just start small.
Speaker 4: Please start small, tanking. Okay, none of this like you know, as someone who doesn't fit within the beauty center, shut up, shut up. Step number one is a little task for everyone. If you feel like you don't fit within the beauty standard, go look at any culture besides the one that you currently reside in. Get out of the inner West of Melbourne or whatever, get out of the North of Brisbane, do a Google and figure out where your attributes, the one that you are so sure like ostracize you from the beauty standard and figure out a culture where that shit is hot.
Speaker 2: Start there and then we'll reconvene.
Speaker 3: Go to South Korea. My long nosed brethren, huge. I loved it, loved the long nose.
Speaker 1: They were going, Oh.
Speaker 2: Big fans the long night.
Speaker 3: Literally on the train, some girl was like.
Speaker 2: Thinking, she said huge.
Speaker 3: Now she's got huge huge.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is flex and frooms.
Speaker 3: You always flex and friends and FLEXI I found myself at an airport. Won't name the brand, but it was a terminal specifically for this airline, Quantus, and I think pretty regular lately. What I was say, I had a coffee from Krispy Kreme.
Speaker 2: Gotta say so. You won't say Quantus, but you'll say krispy Kreme.
Speaker 1: We've got favorites.
Speaker 3: And I had my coffee in Krispy Kreme, low and behold. Had to go to the toilet. I don't want this to be graphic, but when I go, I gore and I no pooh, no pooh Humor twenty twenty three.
Speaker 4: I'm not talking about dating. I'm not talking about pooh. I want to be known as more than the Pooh girl.
Speaker 1: This is important. This is with you anthropological.
Speaker 3: If you will go to the toilet no comment.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what it does.
Speaker 3: It wasn't nice, and I was playing on my phone and then obviously go to wipe.
Speaker 1: Put the phone down.
Speaker 2: On the sanitary.
Speaker 3: Say no more, i'vefore been there anyway, put the phone down, wipe, do whatever, rush out because this is a hot zone and I need to evacuate. There's a line of people obviously to toilet. So I just got out, walked out, tried to just pretend nothing happened, wash my hands obviously, and left. Why one minute later do I feel a tap on my shoulder? Why do I feel a little tapped? A woman says, hey, hey, I turn around. I go because you left your phone. You know you had to rate your poop.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, hi, what you did in there? Really stressful? Really stressful.
Speaker 4: I want to say, increase your fiber INTAKEE definitely do that, but it's giving seven.
Speaker 2: Why are you on edge?
Speaker 3: I just knew, and I just had to think the woman, the strength of this woman to wound that.
Speaker 1: I had to stay in there long enough to.
Speaker 3: See there was an upside down phone, and.
Speaker 4: You know it was your phone too, because you know she had clocked you. Her eyes were in your eyes when you walked out of that cubicle. She had already smelled what was happening before you left that cubicle. She was putting smell to faith at that point.
Speaker 3: It was one of the worst experiences and it just got me thinking, when you go to the toilet, it's a human thing to go to the toilet, So no jokes and something happens in more humans justice for humans who pooh. And you walk out of the cubicle and you've done what you've done, do you apologize? Do you not look like do you say, oh, stinks in there in a massive shit before I went in there, Like I've definitely done this before where I've been like, oh it's bad in there, guys, Seriously, the person before.
Speaker 4: Me, don't get in there. It's me and you are again to them. Have you got to pick alliances when.
Speaker 2: It comes to that.
Speaker 4: I will say the way that I avoid this and I have this like distinct memory of being at I'll say an Italian restaurant.
Speaker 2: I'll say that.
Speaker 4: But for some reason, when you go on a Friday, people go there as like a pre game for their next night, and I usually go there on like a week day or whatever. So I'm in the bathroom and there's three cubicles. One toilet is broken, does not work, one is empty, and then one is the one that I am in. Things weren't going well for my bow, so you know, different textures coming out. You know you're coming out. Is it spicy for Capasta?
Speaker 2: It can be. I do ad chili flakes. I do.
Speaker 4: But what I will say is that the diarrhea was so bad that it was just like ongoing and onslaught and I didn't want to get up and have to come back in because there was going to be a line, and so I just stayed there for like forty minutes, and I told the personal was that I was like, I'm not getting out because there's a line of people and I have a recognizable face, as you know.
Speaker 2: I'm like, they can't know what I'm going through.
Speaker 4: So I sat there and people be like, is this knock knock knock?
Speaker 1: Is this too broken?
Speaker 4: There's two broken toilets as staff from comes in. No, this one was like working. I'm pretty cat open.
Speaker 2: I'm looking They're like, it is it still?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 2: To stay the course?
Speaker 4: Stay the course until a new batch of people go in and out of the restaurant, and then you're safe to leave.
Speaker 2: You should have missed your Flat's what you should have done. You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 4: For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.