Speaker 1: Laura. Come on, hello girls.
Speaker 2: Hey Mitch, Hello Mitch so serious? Hey what there is intro?
Speaker 1: I'm worried?
Speaker 2: What have you done?
Speaker 1: I just think Brittany Hockley, she's lost grip of her brand.
Speaker 2: I don't have a brand brand first.
Speaker 1: Glitz, glamour, red carpet.
Speaker 3: What's my personal brand? If Brits is glitz and glamour.
Speaker 1: Family, children, your You're like a KFC for the family, where BRIT's more of like.
Speaker 2: Okay, I already disagree with you. Hey, you can see for the family. Please continue me.
Speaker 1: Was fine dining well. Britt walks in today and is eating She's a fly and fly out mine worker. She's eating overnight oats in a tupper in a protein shape container. It's like gruel. She's just dripping out of her cheek.
Speaker 4: I think I'm stuck in the jungle because all we ate were oats in the jungle in South America. So now I think I'm like, it's like when you've been held captive for so long and you want to keep living that life.
Speaker 3: It's really ruined me. Do you think you've turned to budget brit Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I've always been budget bread. You can't take the poor out of the girl.
Speaker 1: That is what, that is who you are.
Speaker 4: Can I just say, I hope you guys have known me long enough to know that I have never been bougie.
Speaker 2: Brit oats.
Speaker 4: Whole packet of oats would cost I think it costs a dollar and I would get probably eighty serves out of it.
Speaker 2: Can you do the math on that? And then I added a banana. I can't be bothered to be honest, no one.
Speaker 1: Else, gay, rich, everyone one dollars.
Speaker 3: We have a really important show. We have a great segment. We do it every Thursday. It's called ask gun Cut. It's where one of you call up with your deep you're dark and your biggest problems and we do our best answer it. And I have quite the doozy today. So imagine you've broken up with your ex, You've gotten back together with them after a couple of months. Do you ask the question how many people did you bump uglies with during the time that you were apart?
Speaker 1: Do you want to know?
Speaker 2: Interesting?
Speaker 1: I've got thoughts. Let's get to it. Welcome to the pickup everyone, ladies. Do you think we should do a show favorite?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's time for this ask uncat.
Speaker 3: So, if you're new to the show, ask Gunkut. We do it every Thursday. It's where you call in with your biggest problems and we do our best to answer them.
Speaker 2: You know, we might not be qualified psychologists. We try enthusiastic, we really are.
Speaker 3: Okay, today we've got Emily on the line and she has and look, her predicament is one that it could be a bit divisive. She's been separated from her ex for a couple of years now and they've just gotten back together. They've started dating. Does she want to know or should she know how many people or who he's slept with in that time.
Speaker 1: Yes, Hi, Emily, Welcome to the pic house.
Speaker 5: I am hey guys, I am so.
Speaker 2: What's been going on? Tell us the details? How long you been broken up for? How long were you together?
Speaker 6: Four?
Speaker 5: So we were together for about six years and then broken up for about two two and a half years. Recently slowly getting back together, trying to get on the right path and build the solid foundations. But just wondering whether we go into those types of chats like we would have at the beginning of the relationship, you know what I mean? Do we dive back into that or do we just try and forget it and move on?
Speaker 2: Is there any reason why you want to know?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Is there I mean, I think that those details of stuff that I probably wouldn't want to know, But is there anything that it's like making you self conscious about it or you're feeling as though.
Speaker 2: You need to have a bit more clarity on it?
Speaker 5: Oh, I just wouldn't want to walk in, like meet someone out at the shops and sort of get the surprise that there's been dating in between or something like that. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Is you real sort of video? No?
Speaker 2: I feel differently, Dolaura.
Speaker 4: I would want to know and when I start dating something, but that's who That's what my personality is. I don't want to know for any other reason that I'm curious. When I start dating someone, I'm happy to ask them about who they hooked up with, how they had one night stands? What were the one night stands? Like how do they pick them up in the bar? Like I cause I find that stuff fascinating. If I was getting back with my partner and there was a two year break, I one hundred percent would want to know. Even if you don't know details of who, I'd want to know how many And even if you wanted to, you know, use the safety route, like, hey, do you need to go and get an STI check you've been with multiple people?
Speaker 2: Or have you been with anyone? You know, they're questions that you want to ask anyone to take.
Speaker 1: Safety root is something you can putely different.
Speaker 3: But like Emma, you wanting to know the number of people, because I feel like the number is a bit I don't know for me, it's irrelevant. But are you wanting to know specific people? Like are you wanting him to give you specific names? Is there anyone that you think.
Speaker 2: It could be or is it just kind of more a general chat around this.
Speaker 5: It would definitely just be more of a general chat. And just if he's if it's like a really close friend or something, there's been a fleeing or something. But and the STI check that's crossed my mind as well, Like we need to have that chat as well.
Speaker 2: Do you suspect that he's been with any of his friends?
Speaker 5: Possibly? Yeah, yeah, he's He's built up his his friend group a lot in the last couple of years, so that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got a big friend group.
Speaker 3: But I think that that changes, Like I mean, it's one thing to just ask around, like how many people or who you've slept with. I think it's different if you've got concerns that maybe it's someone who he's friends with like that.
Speaker 2: I think that changes.
Speaker 3: Things a bit, because I wouldn't want to be sitting down at dinner with Sarah who's there with her boyfriend, knowing that actually they used to bang whilst we were having a break.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'd feel very different about that thing.
Speaker 1: I think it's very different if they're like you said, the check out check at the local calls. That I think I could turn a blind eye to and totally fine with. But if it's old friends that you're seeing on the regular and you go on a lunch and dinner with, then that would eat me up inside knowing I don't know, I'd want to know.
Speaker 4: I think at the end of the day, if it's on your mind and you're curious, or it's bothering you, or you have anxiety around it, whatever the reason is, at the end of the day, you're entitled to ask the question.
Speaker 2: Does he have to answer? Probably not, It's probably up to him.
Speaker 4: But if you go to him in the relationship and say, hey, these are sort of my boundaries aback getting back together because I can't stop thinking about it. I'd love to know what has happened in this to your period. Then it's up to you to decide what to do with that. He says, No, are you going to be happy with that answer?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think that's the big one for me.
Speaker 3: Am is like, what if you do have the conversation with him and you ask him and he gives you a number and that number is very high?
Speaker 2: How would you feel?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: I think I could get over the number party, it's.
Speaker 2: Not the numbers. Yeah, do you think?
Speaker 3: And what if he says or was someone who's in my friendship group like, how would you?
Speaker 2: What would then be your response?
Speaker 5: I think the honesty and the openness of that would be enough, and then the open communication moving forward. But it would just be the fact if if I didn't know and Will wasn't open about it.
Speaker 1: What would worry you is be prepared to process some things. I think so told a name that triggers you, you need to be ready to go to therapy or go to another friend or because because you can't ask your partner to tell you and then take it out of them.
Speaker 2: I'm going with ask.
Speaker 1: I think talk about it, Laura.
Speaker 3: Look ask, but I think you Yeah, you could be opening out a can of worms.
Speaker 1: Keep us up data please, Emily, Yeah, please do will do really appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Guys, thanks so much.
Speaker 1: You can hit us up on the pickup. You can also text us too. You're asking cut on four nine nine four four one six five after.
Speaker 2: The break, guys. I've got an apologize to you.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do it historic moment.
Speaker 2: What did you do? I'll tell you after the break, But it's pretty funny. It's actually a funny apology.
Speaker 1: Good banger. Next on the pick up.
Speaker 4: Okay, don't hate me because things turned out fine, but I do have an apology for you.
Speaker 1: Just tuning in, Laura Britt has been teasing this apology to the two of us, which individually.
Speaker 2: We don't know what she's actually done wrong.
Speaker 3: So it's like, I feel like I'm going to be mad when I find out because the way that you have been so coy about this and saying that you need to apologize for something, I'm like.
Speaker 2: What did you break?
Speaker 1: You engaged?
Speaker 2: What did you mess?
Speaker 4: Bed's not real this whole time. I think it's very funny. Otherwise I wouldn't be telling you. I'd take it to the grave. So you might remember last week I was like reliving my childhood and I was telling you about how much I love these weird combinations.
Speaker 2: And I allow the ice cream and tomato sauce.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know exactly what you're going to say, and I'm already mad, So have a listen.
Speaker 1: Laura's doing it. Tomato sauce on an ice cream.
Speaker 2: You loved what I sawce and you love ice cream. It's not that bad. I find it really sour for revolting her revolting.
Speaker 1: I'm not being weird.
Speaker 2: Guys, you like a damage.
Speaker 1: I really like it. Tomato sauces. It was tomato sauce on an ice cream sandwich because that's what Brick grew up eating.
Speaker 3: It was absolutely revolting, and no part of my body at the time believed that you used to eat that and.
Speaker 2: You sort of liked it, but it was vinegary.
Speaker 1: No, I did what you do.
Speaker 2: That's not the apology. That is what I liked. I grew up eating that. I loved it. But I do want to admit that when I ate it last week.
Speaker 4: I was like, it doesn't taste as good as I remembered, but I've told them how good it is.
Speaker 2: I'm going to lean into it.
Speaker 4: When when we finished that day and I left, I glanced down at the tomato sauce bottle and I noticed that.
Speaker 2: It expired in May. That's why I tasted like vinegar May of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: It was the tomato.
Speaker 2: Sauce was well over a year out of date.
Speaker 4: And I promised to God, I had no idea, but that is why it tastes that vinegary.
Speaker 2: And that is why it tasted like, I don't know whatever you said. You just said vomited as it was discusting. It tasted absolutely revolting.
Speaker 3: And now I hate you for that because it was so gross, and you were like, have another bye.
Speaker 2: So I saw the bottle.
Speaker 4: As we walked out, I was glancing at it. So I clocked a while wore all skill in the room, and then I started laughing. I was like, oh my god, do I tell them? And I was like, nah, stuff, and I'll lean into it.
Speaker 2: And it's been weighing on the guilty. This was from your house.
Speaker 3: You took it from your pantry, so not only was it out of date, it's been sitting in the cupboard because you don't keep anything in the fridge.
Speaker 4: You don't follow the instructions. It had just been rotting in your cupboard. Yeah, I hadn't obviously used it also in a year.
Speaker 1: Can we also address the fact that it's not bad for you, Laura, because you said it was disgusting, but I said, so, how can I make this at home?
Speaker 3: I love this molded to my solip a. If you took the lid off that that would have had full penicillin.
Speaker 2: Growing inside it. Okay, can I tell you my vinegar? Why not a funny thing?
Speaker 1: No, I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm done at the fact.
Speaker 4: I only just remembered it right now when you said that in the morning, this should have been a tell. But when I picked it up to bring it in, I went to twist open the top and it was so stuck together that I had to get scissors to cut the crusty tomatoess off the nozzle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I reckon. You opened it and spores flew out of it. You know we're broadcasters, or you could have got the sports.
Speaker 2: I just thought it was fine. I would never because I ate it too.
Speaker 4: That's how much I didn't think it was me anyway, It's been waiting on me.
Speaker 2: Now I have repented. I am free.
Speaker 1: I did and it's disgusting.
Speaker 3: So maybe, yeah, maybe it's not gast that's going through my house. Maybe anyway, for give me.
Speaker 1: Next on the show, something else we spoke about last week. I mean, if you tuned into the show, you would have heard Laura tell a great story about an issue that's happening in her life at the moment. She's got a friend that he's having a baby, very exciting news for her. However, the baby daddy does not know that he's expecting a son because not expecting they've had a baby, had a baby.
Speaker 2: He doesn't know he's the daddy.
Speaker 1: It was a one night stand. She's not told him that he got him.
Speaker 2: He doesn't want to tell him.
Speaker 1: We have a Pickup listener who heard that and has a story that you guys don't know about yet. He did the show and I read it. My jaw was on the floor. We're chatting to him. Next, a real life story of meeting your father lad in life. It's going to blow you away at his Next on the Pickup Listen, Ladies. Last week on the show, Laurie, you were telling us a story that has divided your household. Really, you've got a friend in your life that has had a baby, only if she is the baby's daddy is a backpacker. He had a one night stand and thought it was a good night of fun. But no, no, he got this girl pregnant. She has not told him.
Speaker 3: Ye dribble, it's very scandalous. So she doesn't want to tell him. She's in her forties, he's in his twenties. But we've been having like lots of moral conversations in our household as to whether she has an obligation to tell him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you missed it, this is what happened.
Speaker 2: So the baby is now four months old.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: The dad was a man who is in his very early twenties. He was in Australia as a backpacker. They're friends on Facebook and their friends on Instagram. But they had a one night stand while he was traveling through Sydney and he has no idea that he has.
Speaker 2: Fathered a baby. Now, the big.
Speaker 3: Moral question of this is is can she keep this a secret or does she morally have to tell him? Because at this rate, there's no way that this kid's ever going to find out who their father is.
Speaker 1: It's you a real sticky moral conundrum, right.
Speaker 3: I just questioned, like, growing up this whole time not knowing who your dad is, but then maybe one day finding out that your mum always knew and she kept that secret from you.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, it sounds like something that you hear in movies, you hear on the radio. We had a pick up listener. His name's Teddy. Teddy is a listener of the show. He sent us a DM last week when we put this to air, and Teddy's story truly left me with my draw on the fort. Teddy, Welcome to the show. Why don't you tell us your amazing story?
Speaker 6: H Yeah, I was listening last week and I resonated with the story. I recently two months ago just met my biological father. I'm thirty four, almost thirty five, and my mom chose not to tell my dad, Like I found out that she could have told him and she didn't and she has now passed, so like, I never answered that question, but yeah, so wow, it's been really good in meeting him.
Speaker 1: So quickly set the scene. So did you did you ever ask about your dad growing up to your mother. Did you say, I want to meet him? Do you know who he is?
Speaker 6: Well? Constantly, I was raised technically by my grandma, but my biological mum was in my life and I had asked and she just didn't give me an answer ever, like it was kind of just like I don't know, and so like that's kind of how I've lived with it, even like other members of my family were a bit weird about it.
Speaker 2: Teddy, how did you find out?
Speaker 6: Well, I did an ancestry dot com. Yes, sponsor me. I'm just kidding up. They might now, but my mom, my mom was a bit of a a bike around that at the time.
Speaker 2: She had a good time in her twenties.
Speaker 6: She I had a few people at like around that time, but she always was stuck on my dad's name. And she had said that she was like, I think it's this guy. He's a cop, but I'm not sure. And I'm literally all the information I had. And years later, maybe two years ago, I think I did an ancestry dot com thing and that last name was linked distantly and I was like, hmm, okay, this is something. And then that woman randomly messaged me, and she actually also messaged my dad and then we I messaged him on Facebook because I just looked up his name, and then yeah, we slowly got connected, but it took a few months to wait.
Speaker 1: Wait, okay, so your mom had mentioned a name in passing growing up. She's like, I could have been this guy. To be honest, I had a couple. So you find him on Facebook and do you call him? Do you DM him? What's the first.
Speaker 6: I just sent him a message being like, hey, did you know like and inserted my mom's name there, and then he left me on red for a while, and then a few months went by and then I was like, oh, you would have known her in like nineteen eighty eight, and then he was like, oh, yes I did. And I just I must be feeling really brazen that day because I just replied being like, oh, I can kill my dad. And then he called me and then we spoke on the phone for a bit and then yeah.
Speaker 3: Can I ask what was it like when you met him for the first time, because you said you guys have a bit of a relationship.
Speaker 6: Now was well, it's insane because I grew up not looking like anyone in my family, so like I always stood out, like I've got brown eyes. They all had blue eyes, so I never fitted in. And then as soon as I saw him, I literally everyone who's seen a picture of us says like, he looks like me with like the the age filter on snapshirt.
Speaker 2: Like it's just you have other kids.
Speaker 6: Yes, I have now got by blood. I now have two more brothers and a sister. But he's also married now and she also has two sons and a daughter.
Speaker 2: I have a whole new family.
Speaker 1: How do you think your mom would fel teddy? Would you mum be happy that you're connected? Do you think? Or?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I think she actually would Like she was she was a woman, I just didn't really care much like like, but I think she would now be very happy with it just seeing how it has turned out.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously this has all come up because there's someone in our life who's going through this and knowing that you've had such an incredibly positive experience, what would be your advice or what would you have to say around like this kind of decision making as to whether she should or shouldn't tell him.
Speaker 2: About the fact that he's father this baby.
Speaker 6: Well, when it comes to like kids. I think you should always know get like leave the option up to him at the end of the day, do you know what I mean, and make sure everyone's aware and then go from there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in my.
Speaker 6: Opinion, because like he may not want or be able to like everyone's circumstance of the different Yeah, so so like I just think he should know.
Speaker 1: Imagine getting a Facebook message in the middle. I mean, you're seeing that thought.
Speaker 6: About it from his point of view like so much, and I'm just like, yeah, sorry about that.
Speaker 1: So great to meet you. Thank you for messaging and coming on.
Speaker 2: The happy for you, Teddy, We really are anytime. Hey, guys, a little bit of a different take.
Speaker 4: After the break, I'm going to give you, guys a quiz, not just any quiz, a vending machine quiz.
Speaker 2: Oh the quiz I've always been waiting for. You didn't know you needed it. This is absolutely insane, guys.
Speaker 4: I read this this morning and I was like knocked off my feet. America never ceases to amaze me. But now in vending machines you can buy bullets, bullets for a gun for your local vending machine.
Speaker 3: Get your coke cola and get your bullets, get your tweaks, get your coke.
Speaker 1: Bullets say, sometimes a mass bar makes me hungry.
Speaker 2: When we say bullets.
Speaker 3: Well, I was gonna say, do we mean like the chocolate coat of bullets?
Speaker 2: That was a really dumb joke.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, this is grim. That's so American? Is it? Bullets and vending machine?
Speaker 4: It's so far in Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas, assuming that it's going to slowly take over more of the stage.
Speaker 2: Okay, But a question on this. It's not just out on the street. It's not like in the middle of the road.
Speaker 3: No, surely, it's in like specific arcades or venues and stuff like maybe it's at a gun range and you go in there and you get your bullets. It can't just be like a woolly is there's a vending machine with bullets?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: It Yeah, it's not at a gun range. There's a normal vending machine. Now it's how you get your bullets.
Speaker 1: But I've just been in America. Let me tell you the amount of ending machines I saw. They're everywhere. I saw vending machines for Kylie Jenner's skin care. But that's a bit different than ammunition with there's cupcake vending machines. It's like machines.
Speaker 4: Thirty three people were shot on July four, just gone, like Independence Day this year alone in America.
Speaker 2: Thirty three people in one day.
Speaker 4: What is what's going to happen when you have immediate access to just go down the I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah supermarkets. Producer Grace just typed it in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, supermarkets.
Speaker 4: But what you're what they're saying is right because there are a lot of people up in arms. A lot of people for it because they love that, but a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Up in arms.
Speaker 4: And what the US officials are saying is they think it's better because currently you can go online and order bullets without verification. For these vending machines, you have to have like an identification process, like you have to put your ID in it scans to make sure it's valid, and then apparently facial recognition will also confirm that you are the person that pulls right.
Speaker 3: Okay, I was gonna say it needs that because otherwise it's going to be kids all over the place who are stealing their mum's card or their dad's card and going down there and buying bullets.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can buy bullets from Walmart anyway, Like The idea is they're just trying to make it even more accessible.
Speaker 2: It's wild that you can. I mean, yeah, you just saw skincare in.
Speaker 1: Skin care, coupcakes, pizza, which I mean I frequented, not lot.
Speaker 3: I have no issue with any of those things. The accessibility of them being in vending machines is great.
Speaker 1: Have you been in Japan. You can get on what's from Japan's vening machines everything.
Speaker 3: I was just about to say, apparently, and I don't this might be an urban legend. I might be making up used undies in Japanese vending machines.
Speaker 1: I don't know about this.
Speaker 2: It's true you can buy used anddies. Well, I can.
Speaker 4: I did a little bit of a bit of a Google search, and I wanted to give you guys a quiz on items that you can buy in vending machines around the world. And I want you to tell me. I'm going to read you the item. Some you can buy, some you can't buy.
Speaker 2: You tell me which ones.
Speaker 3: Are the ludicrous stuff that you can find in the weirdest things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just things. Do you just tell me? I'm going to read them out you tops bullets though, all right? Well, I mean I'll see all right, Okay, we'll kick it off.
Speaker 3: Umbrellas, Yes, I think that you can buy an umbrella in a vending.
Speaker 1: Why would you not be able to.
Speaker 2: Small compact umbrella that just pops down handy? Yes, one correct.
Speaker 4: In Japan, when you buy a beverage, they will give you an umbrella.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that seems Maybe it's because it's been shaken up so much it's gonna explode to protect you.
Speaker 2: But you don't even need to pay for it. It's alone.
Speaker 4: All they ask is you kindly return it to a vendue machine at some point.
Speaker 2: That Japan's elite. Okay. A live crab.
Speaker 1: Just because the look absolutely.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait where she's.
Speaker 1: Got a trumpet?
Speaker 3: But we're so you can buy a live crab.
Speaker 2: Are they keeping them for pets? Okay? A live puppy? No, no, that's too far.
Speaker 1: Puppy.
Speaker 2: You guys are really good. That's too bad. Okay. A live horse obviously not. Okay, is this stupidus quick we have? Okay?
Speaker 1: It's like an a three jumbo jets.
Speaker 2: Okay, a car out of a vending machine. How they're going to is going to fall out of the little door at the bottom.
Speaker 4: A huge caravan you can get Yes, I love that I got one.
Speaker 3: You can get a caravan, well, I would like I debate that caravan is not inside the vending machine. Also, it's also in the US, it's not there's no caravans that are inside vending machines. You might get a token for a caravan. I don't make the rules, Laura, but that's not true. I feel like I get half a point.
Speaker 4: Dog wigs, Yes, yes, every dog needs a wig.
Speaker 6: Don't.
Speaker 2: Let's not discriminate. Let discriminate against the ball dogs out there. This is stupid. He brought this.
Speaker 1: Let's go if you miss any of it,