Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show Podcast showtime.
Speaker 2: Peppy is Jack's little nugget?
Speaker 3: Oh really big?
Speaker 4: Oh you're gonna like it.
Speaker 3: I just saw an armadillo in the Lift.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three Show one one and ninety seven.
Speaker 3: Happy Friday, Jack posts, How are you, guys? I'm good, Happy Friday.
Speaker 4: Pats you too.
Speaker 3: Now this show is on a break next week. Radio has a little mini break for a weekend. I know, I know all of you right now. I get the feeling are saying, Gosh, Christian, it's only it's only been a ten short weeks since you last had a break. By God, you really do take that another week on our half, Christians. So we are on a break next week. What is everyone doing, Patsy? What are you doing?
Speaker 5: Working?
Speaker 2: Actually for a little bit. I'm on weekend today. I believe tomorrow morning you in again, which will be fun.
Speaker 3: Good, awesome to be about. Congratulations, that's great new.
Speaker 5: And doing a little bit of podcast work. It is a busy week.
Speaker 2: Actually in Ords has got school production next week. She's got another week. Oh wow, mummy mode next week, which will be fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my door doesn't break up to another week. My wife and I have gone away for this weekend. The last ten weeks has been a in tense ten weeks really, so we're looking forward to actually getting away, the pair of us. Actually, Jackie boy, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're putting our feet up as well. We're going down to Andy Lee's beach house. He's giving us the keys for a few nights.
Speaker 3: The weather is great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me too. And then next week, next Wednesday, I've got to come back because I sign myself up to something that I think about every night before I go to sleep, and I'm so nervous to do. But I've got an improv night at Comedy Republic where I I've never done improv before, but I'm I'm like a guest on stage with them, not in my stuffy But that's.
Speaker 3: Because actually it's good to stretch. You're a funny guy every day improv. But it's because you're thinking about it differently, because you're turning into performance. You don't. You don't really get like that for the show. You just turn up and you aren't atually funny.
Speaker 4: Do you know how hard it was though to look at a week off and go. God, I could just be sitting by a pool with a book open.
Speaker 3: But why you You've not chosen it? And I think this is part of seventy five hard is that you're actually looking for more areas to stretch yourself.
Speaker 4: You steer into what's harder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, leading to it. So doing skill set, doing those improv light night lives, they're they're there, they're testing sometimes.
Speaker 4: If anyone wants to come and see it next Wednesday night at Comedy Republic eight o'clock. I think it's called the comedy group is called something good.
Speaker 3: That Comedy Republic is a great venue, an awesome room. So what are you doing the next Tuesday night?
Speaker 4: Next Wednesday night?
Speaker 3: All right? Good luck?
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast Every.
Speaker 3: Friday, Meetjack and Pass. We go around the team and we turn about the things that we're enjoying at the moment. We called it double thumbs up, Patsy, what are you giving your double thumbs up?
Speaker 2: Just got into the Netflix drama Nicole Kidman's latest offering, The Perfect Couple, and really enjoy.
Speaker 3: That is her and what's the name of the guy in it? I've seen the trailer. Put it on my watch list.
Speaker 2: I've drawn a blank made an impact on you.
Speaker 3: He's obviously not a straighted just all frozen face. Kidman, she could do it some more botox and freeze that face a bit more.
Speaker 4: I think, kid, I think she's good.
Speaker 3: You can't tell where she's happy or sad.
Speaker 2: I can't fight what's yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was married to Naomi what leave leave.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 2: He's a great Actor's brilliant in this and it's great. It's riding my genre, sort of murder mystery. This body washes up at a beach at her son's wedding. She's a novelist, and Nicole Kimman plays a novelist and I love it so Chris and I have been fighting over.
Speaker 4: I've never seen you with such a big smile on your first when he said body.
Speaker 3: Washed up on a bench, and followed by my wheelhouse doing the bit beforehand came the body chuck it in the sea, and that where the ocean.
Speaker 5: Cement shoes. No, really loving that. That's on Netflix, the first series.
Speaker 2: The other thing I've discovered this week is this little you know you know that you're getting older, probably forty plus, when you have some sort of pill device in you in your handbag that you know.
Speaker 3: Like a some dividers to take a tablet in the morning. I take vitims someone, but I can't be bother to get that. I want to find old ages coming from No no, no, I don't want to welcome it into my house too soon.
Speaker 4: No no, perhaps brilliance. I love this I've got.
Speaker 3: This is a circular one, so I think like a cat might have to feed it.
Speaker 2: It's great for radio because you can't see it. But it's got like this little it's round and it's got a button in the middle.
Speaker 5: That you can spin. You got in a show bag, yeah, in like not like a show show bag.
Speaker 3: And a couple of weeks time it's going home going. I've got boat old person's dispense.
Speaker 2: No no, no, it was that some event and it was in like the giveaway, like the bags that the give bag.
Speaker 5: And I love it. It's fantastic. It's got a little thing that you put on.
Speaker 4: This feels very much scraping the barrel fender term, doesn't it?
Speaker 3: I love this TV show. Yeah, like someone's checked out, haven't they chack? Why don't we say goodbye?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 3: Have a nice break? Running drag anymore? Of the shows avenues. We don't need to go. Yeah, you didn't even fight me for it. Just happen to start the break. Now we'll take a break and we'll come back with Jack and Ice Double thumbs up.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jack post, so just get into your double thumbs up. What are you enjoying at the moment.
Speaker 4: Guess what Banker and I are doing today? Something very odd at Marvel Stadium. You're allowed to hit golf balls from the stands onto the field. I don't know what for or why they're doing and.
Speaker 3: Some so crazy golf.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've invited us to it, I guess because Marvel Stadium, by the time finals hits, they're not hosting any foot four matches anymore. So you go to different points around the stadium, all three tiers.
Speaker 3: And you like, they've got like tea, we're do a driving and then they got holes on the ground. But it's huge Marvel, I know, I don't know what it is. Open to the public.
Speaker 4: Yes, you can buy tickets to it.
Speaker 3: What a great idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: God, that would be so much fun. All right, couple of things from me then my double thumbs up where we would enjoy the second season of Rings of Powers, the Lord of the Rings TV spinoff on Prime's very good. Uh, they're doing it once a week. However, the other night, I actually had a nightmare about the TV show. No, I actually woke up. I was scared. I feared I was in Mordal and orcs were holding me down and I could fight one off, and then like they just kept coming. I thought they were going to take me in prison me. I actually had a actually had a TV nightmare.
Speaker 4: I actually miss having theatrical dreams like that. I always dream about day to day, like.
Speaker 3: Just boring old stuff about you're running late or something that classic one. Yes, the other thing is the actor. And this is when a gradual lot of things I start to do now, and I noticed my family does as well. Where you will, it's starting to happen. I really am becoming e merging into becoming one of you in Australia. And I found myself today going that guy. I think he sounds his accent a bit Australian. He plays sour on so a big character in US. He's from Saint Kilda, right, and I can't believe what joy it gave me to Google and said he's from Melbourne. He's from sin Kilda, Charlie.
Speaker 4: Because so he's putting on like what a Middle Earth accent.
Speaker 3: Kind of but a couple of things whenever he says water, because you won't know this, but when you say water, you're sending it a very different way than than weed. You you go wadda. And he said it once when he was talking about the ocean. I was like, that guy's Australian. He's obviously been to drama college. But they can't. You can't take the Australian out of the Australian. Now, Google, he's almost killed. But anyway, it's very good. Now. The other thing I've got is I love condiment sauces, any kind of like mayonnaise or flavored mayonnaise or barbecue sauce. I've got them. I have found. I've actually brought two chants in to give to you guys. Perhapsly that's a brand new, unopen one of Roses gourmet smoky a that sounds delicious for you. Rio. Now you can't have this because I've got these. These Here are snacks. That's that's snacks. Their little Patsy, that's yours to trying that real killing in for another does to taste that smoky flavored please take that. You don't need to spoon, but just dip that. I've got one for you as well.
Speaker 5: Real, my god, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Isn't that good?
Speaker 4: I think I can.
Speaker 3: Seventy snacks? It's snacks. There's your one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's really good.
Speaker 4: Why would you put so much sauce on their plan? You gave them half a jar.
Speaker 3: My wife always has to go with me for we're using way too many big measures and stuff like that. She's like, half the jar is already gone. Savory, scoop it back in, Patsy, scoop it back. Roses smoky aoli wherever you can find it is the best smoky I've everitated.
Speaker 4: It's so good and dairy free as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I smear on everything, brush my teeth with it.
Speaker 1: But Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: I think you're right about twenty minutes ago when you said Pantsy is checked out that news there was an absolute mess or something. You know that is someone who's got you know, one eye on the jackets on one shoulder and the jackets go six news. Oh, if you were technical problem.
Speaker 2: It's really hard. No, I was reading, like the first five seconds, I'm thinking technical problem myself.
Speaker 5: I haven't got the desk on. I was reading, but you couldn't hear me.
Speaker 3: No, I think we could hear you. And then there were these big silences and then there was technical problems there. We could hear on you. Someone is getting thrown through a window. I'm happy to throw my south throught so we can get it over with.
Speaker 5: You don't have to self sacrifice.
Speaker 3: I don't know we do. Someone has to throw themselves under the show bust. No, they must sacrifice them on the altar of the radio news. So I was saying yesterday on the show, how I was go into going on my daughter and two of her student friends to their first ever house share viewing.
Speaker 4: Yep, you thought if they had an adult with them, then credibility and let's.
Speaker 3: Just be honest, it's not any adult. I'm an adult. Plus anyway, I get there, I'm obviously early, look and for everything right at this house viewing at some rental place in Brunswick, right, lovely part of Brunswick. I don't really know Brunswick that well because I'm more of a bayside kind of guy. So anyway, I'm in there, beautiful leafy suburb in my wife and I faced how her going look at these beautiful trees and a leafy suburb for a daughter?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: I think this is lovely, this is design, it's safe, you know, there's off street parking. This is really really nice. And then I get there and there's there's already at least thirty students yep, and they're looking at me like, who is old mate? What has befallen him? Dave Grohl wise kid not with his.
Speaker 4: Wife a.
Speaker 3: Long way from bayside. Who is Naco over there trying to blend in. I've never felt more distance from a tribe. I was even stood away from them on Lonely Island, and I kept texting my daughter, going, oh god, I'm with young people. They're staring at me. And so she turns out and I said to my I said to my daughter, I said, listen, you know, help your own case and trying to get this place present a good story. I said, don't come as students. Make yourself look like you're professionals. My daughter turned up, she looked like she could be a professional. This guy they're moving in with. He looked like professional. And then there was the third one, Francis, that looked like she come from Central casting. We need a sort of square looking student. She looked like she'd been protesting and chucking feces at the police down on Collins Street yesterday. I was like, well, you ain't getting this place. You screwed it, Frances, keep walking. You know when spies know they've been that they've had a case and they just have to walk each other would not even looking at each other. I was actually halfway the text would be going set break off from Francis. Tell Francis to turn around. So we get in there and it's now there's over fifty people wandering around this house. And it wasn't massive obviously because it's you know, it's quite tiny and bruns with and you didn't know that thing where it's a house sharing or a house viewing. Sorry, and there's a lot of people there. Everyone hates each other, don't they.
Speaker 4: Oh it's such an awd dynamic.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you know, and it's patch and you're going in a room, they're coming out of it and you just something, excuse me, but you just hate each other. There was a vibe of it was it could have kicked off in there. It was really like a sort.
Speaker 4: Of tinderrect and there's so many bubbles of whispered conversation. I remember when pianker I used to do it, and you used to talk about, Oh, Elsey, do you think I's got a chance they're getting you? I think we're pretty good.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, so I or I was with them walking around. I did a few of these, look you smell mold? You smell if I had a young family. There were some of young fanis who young family gets in there? Young's that's that lung at that age is dangerous. I'm smelt mold. I've lived in mold. This is a dank, old, moldy house. I see some people were actually falling for it, because you can spread fear and confusion very easily. Anyway, I said to a lady that was running all they just looked like jaded, that like she just needed the day to end, right. She just you know, she talked to some people and they're it's like a ghost, And I go, wo, how will they decide who wants this place? And she she leans it and goes, it ain't going to students. Yeah, so she goes, so, if you want this place, put your name on it. I'll look out for your entry. I'm thinking on the half through students, and I had to sort of explain to them. I was like, you ain't getting this place, but that's not fair, because twenty year olds think the world is fair and not. Oh no, no, most of it isn't fair. Very little fairness in the world is. You'll find out when you get out of the student bubble. They should have said this, we'd be marked here ten minutes, now ten minutes. I'm o student, Dave doing nothing to come here to predict something. Daddy, can we lie? I said, a lady, what kind of details it's obviously we will have. I was meeting with students trying to just get them into this house, and what kind of deed you're gonna help me out here? What kind of details would they want to know on this form? She goes, well, sort of tenancy history, and I go back, you're notre screwed. All you've got is your mom and dad. If I'm going to write that honestly, I say, you're a shitty housemate. I don't want you living in my house.
Speaker 1: Sometimes the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Good on in to Shane Sharp, Christian and team thank you very much the deal mar Tea bags and are one on the time. Whist a couple of weeks and we'll go have rolled up yesterday. We are not going to be running out of Team Tea anytime in the next eighteen months. Hey, you went it for three months for the office. She's coming up four ten to seven. The other thing I forgot to mention about yesterday going to look at this house share with my daughter and two of us student mates, was as I said goodbye to them, I was out the front of this this pub and it was obviously just full of students. It was at half six Thursday night. It's quite a nice summery evening yesterday, spring evening, and it was all it was was students on the outside pub tables in the twenties like beers everywhere, And I remember being that age. It's all just potential, isn't it. It's all just the night. You don't have proper plans, you might go and do this. And as they were I actually felt like as a ghost because people were not seeing me this. So what happens we get to our age. You don't they know that you don't have potential for life anymore to do much. You've only got maybe a half a roll left in you of the dice. They were looking like, I wasn't there is there somebody moving around this table right now. It's like I was a visitor from another time in the planet looking at this, like, am I God? I remember that energy they've gotten even though I was sent to my daughter light. So what are you gonna do?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 3: Do you want to buy? Jenner was like, no, friend of us is playing pen of ours was playing in the AFLW game tonight. She's playing for the doggies. We're going to a footscray and then we might go to a pub after that, and then we might go to this late night drinking. But I have to be honest, I felt like, going, you have fancy some of that? Actually, just not cough tomorrow's radio shower. I'll just come and just take off for the night and just forget about everything.
Speaker 4: There's a whole nighttime world that you leave behind it. You don't even know when it really happens.
Speaker 3: I looked on enviously as they left to go into that nighttime world, and I went back to feed the dogs.
Speaker 4: And get an early bedtime.
Speaker 3: That's right, all right, so this is exciting. In two weeks time, we're doing our handball final in two weeks time. It's actually we won't, but it's going to be on the on the Thursday, and they be finals. Frenzy. We have twenty brand new washing machines to give away. These will go. These have to go all in one show Thursday morning, two weeks time to the first twenty of you that can do one simple thing, get the footy in the washing machine. This smart sound crazy?
Speaker 6: You win a washing machine if you can take a funny and handball.
Speaker 3: I have good news yesterday. We are sure that the Tower of Power can happen and be safely. Three of these fish on bike and washing machines will be on top of each other. The golden machine that you need to get the footy in is the middle one. However, we have to make this look great when we start to do it the handball final. We have a shopping list at the moment. We do need some extra help. I'd love to find out if there's some way you've got one of these remote cameras. A while ago, when you want to see what Luna was doing when you were here.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was actually strained for like a security camera that you would put on your front porch. But I was watching my dog get up on the bench and eat our food while we're at work.
Speaker 3: So was that like a motion detect and it would send you little clips because you see.
Speaker 4: Live, you could come in at any time. Yeah, you could stream that live.
Speaker 3: Here's I'm thinking, there's a camera inside the drum all right that people are trying to get the footy in. We stream it live for hours and hours and hours wherever you want in the world. You can watch from within the washing machine in the machine like being being John Malkovich, being Fisher Pike. That is possible from these little, tiny, little sort of I seen the seems like the Jason Bond movies. They put like a little camera on a spy shot. I think James Bond has one. Yeah, like one of these little sort of the magnetic I was watching slow horses today. You just had a magnetic eye that you put on a wall. Where did you get that?
Speaker 4: We have to put a camera in there.
Speaker 3: Jamie high Fie must have spy equipment or like surveillance home surveillance equipment. Can we put it in the drum, but it needs to be that we can stream.
Speaker 4: And strong enough, like a good quality enough that we can still see the competitors through the opening of the washing machine.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know when they used to have been the thinking. No one used them anymore? Do you when we used to look for that thing who was at the door? We never lived in more dangerous times. We don't use that. We don't use that fish, You don't use that. Does anyone still have one of those anymore? Which the last I mean you saw? Hang on a minute, Okay, Amazon man, I'm coming better not be anyone on other side of this, because that's not the rule. You show who you are for the spy hole. So I'd like that. Also, we'd love to have some bleachers. We're going to be doing this at the radio station.
Speaker 4: See this is where he started to become more of a mad king, because we were walking through where it's going to take place, just in the next room from the radio studio, and they got they told him, like, we can build the tower. It's like great, Okay, we need crowds.
Speaker 3: The fans in the stands, so as people come down and take part in this. They bring their families. They're cheering on in the bleachers. Trubble is, how do we get bleachers up here onto the second floor of an office building?
Speaker 4: You essentially got the size of the lift.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, they go up in the stairs.
Speaker 4: They fit through the doors, the same sized doors as you would.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, But Patsy's right. They could be carried up the two flights of stairs, couldn't they. You just have a breathing on those little bit of a landing and then you carry on hugging them up.
Speaker 4: But eventually it's going to fit through a normal sized door.
Speaker 3: Turn on a side, jack, Jack. What I'm hearing at the moment is resistance. This is blue sky thinking right now.
Speaker 4: The only thing I thought is maybe what do photographers use at.
Speaker 3: Schools when they oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Could we use those?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Sit on them?
Speaker 5: Don't They on the field?
Speaker 3: And it looks awful, It looks embarrassing. It's not the Super Bowl when they go out for that little group team photo.
Speaker 4: It's like three tiers though, Yeah, that's how many tears do you want?
Speaker 3: Three tiers is enough? So some kind of three tiers bleacher The other thing is like if someone got access to confetti cannons. Whenever someone does get it in the.
Speaker 4: Drum, something something BIG's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: We need to hear something. I wanted to feel like that. Wherever you are in Craigieburn or wherever you and the city is quaking, it means, oh my god, So you have to interrupt this meeting right now, President, right now? Another washing machine quake after quake. So confetti cannons, lights, ye, laser yeah, sure, laziest from within the drum that come out? Anyone else getting this Palazio water fountain inside the.
Speaker 5: Washing machine drum?
Speaker 3: So it Why is anyone writing all these incredible ideas down? Jackie boy? What else do you think we could have?
Speaker 4: Well then he then Christian said that we should have a timpany drum so there any time that the ball goes into the back of the drum, I can be there.
Speaker 3: Going okay, well they did sound actually what so much? You were doing it?
Speaker 4: That's better as they like.
Speaker 3: Get ready to sort of release the ball, you know.
Speaker 9: So we before they And then I think we need another drum, which I think it's called a kettle drum where it's one way you bang it, and you got this foot pedal and it extends the noise.
Speaker 3: It goes bog kettle drum.
Speaker 4: Isn't that more of like another seed?
Speaker 6: Do you know what the drum is, guy.
Speaker 4: Poppins, No, no, no, yeah, yeah, it's like the big based drum on his back.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it's just a drop. People please call in. It's a large drum and there's a special foot pedal and act you bang it. It sort of goes b because you're loosening the skin of the drum right like a clown noise. No, not at all, Okay, it's the obviously of a clown noise.
Speaker 2: No no, no, it's a it's a the orchestra, you know, right up the back there and something copper colored.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it. Now they are you do know the one?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And they have them on the horses in the police bands with the pipe bands on the side of the horse, like big almost oval shaped at the bottom drums.
Speaker 3: No, no, you've lost me. You don't have it stripped to the side of a horse.
Speaker 4: I can't that.
Speaker 3: I can't picture that.
Speaker 5: And they're playing it sitting on the horse.
Speaker 3: Someone will know what this is. The horse you need to be buy two drums, a Timpany and this as yet unnamed drum with the truck that goes once you once you hear it and know it, you'll want one of these now because you go Timpany to do this. Okay, who wants to win another washing machine? They released mbel And then you go to the other drum to get ready for what habits and it's either the oh if they haven't got it or.
Speaker 4: If they have Okay, I'd love to hear it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, first of all, can someone just call him with any of these items nine four one four one o four three so rate seating?
Speaker 4: Yes, clinic canons? Do you clari canons?
Speaker 3: Let me get that right. That pronunciation we know we don't keep. That we can't have for jozzling.
Speaker 1: I've told you not on a show, The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: By the way, I bet you've owned boondoes.
Speaker 4: My dad had a Jimbe growing.
Speaker 3: Up very well for my short lived career as an African drummer. Since Ki being taught by an irishman called.
Speaker 4: A bigger bongo is the best way to describe him.
Speaker 3: Jemba. Good on him. Paul Simon, you can call me out. Go on in Friday morning, twelve minutes past seven Christian O'Connell show here on Gold. So in two weeks time we're going to be hosting our hand more final twenty brand new washing machine. I keep saying brand new, like we're going to give twenty washing machines. We're trying to find at the moment from everyone's a rubbish at the front of the house. So these are amazing fresher one pike called washing machines twenty to give away in one show that all have to go on one show. We may not be finishing at nine am, team because actually we sort of work out yesterday how far away you're going to be. We need to handle the footy into the washing machine. Be the one who buying the drum. It's going to be around about four meters, right, so it's not not a long distance, but it's hard enough.
Speaker 4: The hole is just so small. The opening to the washing machine is much small than we thought. Actually the ball is longer than the diameter of the hole, so if it winning long ways, it won't even fit in.
Speaker 3: Now, so you know this is going to be hard. It's not going to go like in the first hour or two. So we want like one hundred of you lined up here, all having a go, and we want to make it look amazing. Christian and you want a streaming camera from within the washing machine drum that's right as the balls come in, or to go get missed around it, or you can stream this wherever you are in the world. Whyless magnetic cameras are available on Amazon. Christian car Here you can get cover spy cameras from a place called O Spy. It's not as only James Bond, is it. I mean, wouldn't you call it like a you know, ods accountance, but out the back as well the spy gear is. You're not gonna get James Bond walking in the front of that, are you?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: Spy in Brunswick. Jack's on a website right now? What can you get this?
Speaker 4: Actually, there's so much pull stuff on old spy Wow. I wish we were doing some sort of spy competition. You can get hidden cameras in anything, what do you mean? Baseball caps, belt buckles, necktires, shirt buttons, time and they all look legitimate.
Speaker 3: You're joking.
Speaker 4: You can't see the camera at all in the lid of a coffee cup. So you pretty coffee cup down pointed the bad guy film all his bad doings.
Speaker 3: Wow, we so have they got a little camera we could stream know what is going to do with it?
Speaker 4: Yes, they have they have Wi Fi secret Wi Fi cameras as well.
Speaker 3: Christian quite few, He were saying, like the stuff that you're looking for, like bleachers, you want confetti cameras. I also forgot. I thought this would be really nicest to have a sort of you know, one of those sort of physio tables to warm up the attic, but only doing hand massages because that's the only bit that's needed for a handball. So we need a hand masseuse.
Speaker 4: A physio that's a hand specialists.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they must have those rehab if you've hurt your hand. Christian, how big is this room? Trying to cram all this gin You're gonna have to go down to kick all the people down that weapons expo out of that convention center to host the handball final. Christianist competition is getting bigger than Ben hur There's a cast of thousands there now, giant drums are needed. How big is the conference room? Mate? You could use a normal drum kit or kids one. No, no, no, I want the I want the timer one. That's what I want. And I found out the other drum that I was trying to work out what it is is actually called a warp drum. That is what I'd love listen to.
Speaker 4: That that sounds like a clowns drum to no clowning here drum the clan dropped his hat. That's the same huge winning moment of rushing machine.
Speaker 3: You're right, I'm going a different way now. You know that the phrase we comet this week is bang the drum, be the one. How about this? Then if they when they get it in, Okay, when they get it in, they go and bang the drum, and we all go yeah, and we chair them out at the conference room. All right. Adam's on the line right now. Good morning, Adam. You've got something you can help us out with.
Speaker 10: Good on, Christian, Patsy and Jack.
Speaker 3: How are you happy Friday? Welcome to the show. Thank you.
Speaker 10: I've been listening to the show and I heard you've been looking for some stuff for your the drum, and I was on offer up some since Sadie Graff, you guys to make it look more like a footy field.
Speaker 3: Yes, we hadn't thought about this, the oval underneath our very feet in a conference Roomah. Yeah, So do you work in that industry? Yes? I do.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I've got my own sort of business. I have AJ Syntheti Grass, but I get the grass from the company who was pretty keen to supply it for you guys.
Speaker 3: So are you AJ from AJ Synthetic Grass.
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: No, yes, this day is finally come Friday the thirteenth. Just got a lot luckier guys. This is great news. So yeah, it'd be great to make it look like an oval and we can market so it's like one as well.
Speaker 4: Are we allowed to market? Are we allowed of spray paint AJ like the fifty meter line, say or the sine circle?
Speaker 10: Yes, you can do whatever you want to it.
Speaker 3: Thank you very very much, AJA you religend, Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Come on, don't you, sean, Christian, I have to be part of the one hundred competitors to see parts of the biggest production ever seen for a radio competition. You're right, my friend, this is the handball final. The King's Coronation didn't have this much thought. Where were the confetti cannons. Yeah, right, suckers.
Speaker 4: There's going to be more people working on it than there are competing in it.
Speaker 3: How do I answer, Christian, I need to be in this eight o'clock this morning. Priority calling opens at eights. It's going to be like Oasis tickets he placed in a queuing system. They'd be about caught ahead of Right now, Jack, tell us what your brother has got. I've seen the photo of this right it is amazing.
Speaker 4: I would love to get you guys opinion on whether this is a good idea or not. He lives in a place called Coddles Bridge, out past the end of the train line at Hurstbridge.
Speaker 3: So very tree, very very to have a chat with us and your real estate agent, aren't you. Yeah, teshere we get the picture.
Speaker 4: Very nice anyway. I think we were out there on the weekend and he was saying, you know, we were thinking of doing this idea where we buy an old school bus and park it down the end of the property. People can come and do an airbnb on the property.
Speaker 3: I think it's a great idea.
Speaker 4: I was like, this will never happen. This is never going.
Speaker 3: Another Venga bus anga bus up. You're getting on the Venga bus.
Speaker 4: The chances of this happening is like, why even tell me this is never going to happen anyway? In the group yesterday sins a photo there's a bus in his backyard.
Speaker 3: This isn't just like a small sort of bus. This is a proper big bus on the street people are on right now going to work. It's huge and it's.
Speaker 4: Just packed on his on his lawn in the backyard.
Speaker 3: But it looks awesome. I don't know, would you windows sort of black taut the windows are blacked out, They're not going to see any of those very trees.
Speaker 4: Would you stay? I wish them the best.
Speaker 3: I think the audience isn't middle aged people. It's young adventures crazy folk, isn't it. You know, it's hippias and stuff like that. Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They can fit them out pretty We've stayed in old train carriages up near Malden. A lot of people do those as well. They fit them out like they're amazing.
Speaker 3: Yea, So yeah, that I think is a cool idea.
Speaker 4: Maybe they've got a great idea for what to fit this out with. At the moment, it's got it. It does have a bed in it and it does have a shower and toilet from whoever they bought it off.
Speaker 3: It looks like at the moment, I've got to be honest, the first who saw me it's a very big must blackchat windows. It looks like sort of people who are anti five G lifting off the green.
Speaker 4: Yes, there's something about it.
Speaker 3: There's something likes to be ted there. Get what you do.
Speaker 4: They don't want the government to know about it.
Speaker 3: They need to work on the vibe of it. Just the optics look pretty sinister at at the moment.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Every Friday on the Friday Show. Then from eight you pick up the music. We give you the theme. We call it the Naked Hour. Here is the theme today, Christian.
Speaker 4: We've got no songs for the whole hour.
Speaker 3: Oh nick nick nick.
Speaker 4: Nick nick nig naked our naked Hour, Oh nig.
Speaker 6: Big.
Speaker 3: Nig naked Hour.
Speaker 4: They God hour.
Speaker 3: Jack, I've got some powerful radio comedy lined up here. Ask you what the date is and give it to me, like in a really big way that you just realize what it is. Hey, what's the date today? Jack?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me have a look at what it's Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, No, I know that.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it's Friday the thirteenth.
Speaker 3: You're kidding me. This changes everything, not really, we were prepared for this hell Friday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like you.
Speaker 3: This changes every big Friends superstitions today The Naked Hour song filled of songs to do with superstitions. Some examples black cats, you go to yours here.
Speaker 4: Black cats walking under a ladder opening and I'm brother inside, breaking a mirror, throwing salt.
Speaker 3: Over the shoulder. Never heard of it.
Speaker 4: A lucky horseshoe, I thought, I said lucky hormones.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've got my lucky pheromones knocking on wood? Is that related to the lucky hormones? Bad luck comes in three wishbones and crossing your fingers or nothing more, terrify or don't do that, cross your fingers and superstitious words omens sign good luck.
Speaker 4: Bad luck, moon, mirror, ladders, watching, watching, watching, watching, what no.
Speaker 3: Watching, because it could be someone from the other side watching wolves slash wolf singular or wolves or wolf.
Speaker 4: Witches, death, dying magic.
Speaker 3: All right, Patsy, what's some am you going for? Let me guess when doves cry weeping bad luck dog?
Speaker 2: Sure not this time we're going to go seeer bad moon rising for me this way.
Speaker 3: Oh great song.
Speaker 2: This is a Brited song covered by heaps of people, Nirvana, Springsteen, Jerry late Lewis, even the Reels, the.
Speaker 4: Meteors, then flag Wagon.
Speaker 5: Heaps and EPs.
Speaker 2: It was always that good song when you were DJing and trying to time out at the top of the top of the hour to.
Speaker 3: Go into try try and tell me back in the day when they couldn't find anyone, Old Patsy from the news room. You're on the ones and too the wheels of steel. Me about back timing.
Speaker 2: I was DJing before I was using That's how back it was. Yeah, I hated it.
Speaker 4: Give us.
Speaker 3: Introduced this and I'll play it all.
Speaker 5: Right, and you put me right on the awkward.
Speaker 3: It's hard keep on worry. You're doing the news after an hour reading out words.
Speaker 5: T T here's CCR with bad rising. It's seven thirty.
Speaker 3: Eight, Jackie boy, what are you going for?
Speaker 4: I've got stepping wolf, magic carpet right.
Speaker 3: Oh magic. This is a great song. This is a Friday vibe to as well and good news. Everybody our boss is away for Sally play whatever she says. We can't normally make count now of a c DC because apparently focus groups say they don't blanky.
Speaker 4: Polarizing.
Speaker 3: So is it polarizing? Ah, that's a great song. I've also got this nothing more superstitious and terrifying fan. We didn't even have his name on the list. Sympathy for the Devil or Don't Fear the Reaper? By the way, do you know Son Patsy abbreviates certain bands CCR, Can You More to Go? Creedence, clear Water Revive.
Speaker 5: Everyone knows that it's it's DJ Talk, mister.
Speaker 3: DJ BOC, Blue Whiskey, cul Ba, Brian Adams wish to start. Abbreviation game went very quickly. You've got to guess who the artist is?
Speaker 8: R S?
Speaker 3: Who is r S?
Speaker 4: Roll Stone?
Speaker 3: Were a chicken dinner? All right? Call in now nine four one four one o four three on Friday the thirteenth.
Speaker 4: Hang on a minute, what's the date? Jack Friday? Oh, no, the thirteen?
Speaker 3: This changes everything. Calling now Songs to do with superstitions. It's got to have something to do with superstition. In the title nine four one four.
Speaker 1: On Christian connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: The Naked Our, this week's theme Friday the thirteenth. Songs to do with superstitions. Let's see what you want to hear today. This is a great song from the eighties rock Well, Somebody's watching me. Yes, you gotta play this. This is a great song. It was back in the heyday when eighties music videos were very, very literal. You never had to work out what the symbolism was. It was him peering out from the hinder curtain. Somebody comes out there. A car would drive off at late at night, the headlights were off.
Speaker 4: There wasn't much of a brainy session before they started filming.
Speaker 3: We got it. Someone is watching rock Well, he does not like it. That's a great one. Third Eye Blind Semi charm Life. Another great Friday song? Is it as is this? Songs about superstitions? Juranejuran Hungry like the Wolf singular. All right, let's go to the lines up. First, we got Mick. Good morning, Mick, go here you go on Happy Friday. Happy Friday, Mick. And what would you like to hear me?
Speaker 1: Well, if you don't play superstition, you can hand in your DJ's license.
Speaker 3: This is a great soign I thought Patsy would go through. Thank you very much. Mike was sticking in the mix. Is going to Samantha. Good morning, Samantha, good morning.
Speaker 8: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good, you've had a good week as well. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Yes, just come off night shift.
Speaker 3: I'm on my way home, all right, So you go and sleep for the day.
Speaker 8: Now, have a little snooze until tonight part two of Friday.
Speaker 3: Oh like a vampire? Yea vampire? You say, changes, I think you've got it, my friend. All right, what can we play you, Van Press?
Speaker 8: I would like Knock Knock on Wood by Amy Stewart.
Speaker 3: Good eighties discos on this Samantha, Thank you very much. Enjoy your daytime nap okay in the crypts, back in the Crypts. Thank you, Van Press. Let's go to Liz. Good morning, Liz, good morning, how are you guys? And what can we play?
Speaker 10: That's awesome?
Speaker 2: I'll stop the Adams Family seen song.
Speaker 3: Altogether now great coming side Friday earlier. I love it. We never had a TV theme you played a TV maybe today is the first time we do it. Listen. Thank you very much, Yes, thank you very much for joining Beck. Good morning, Good morning, Christian, how are you. I'm good? Beck? What would you love us to play? Then? To do with superstitions?
Speaker 8: I Put a Spell on You by Annie Lennox, would.
Speaker 3: Good classics on this? Richly Monday and Simon, this is a great question of beck. Thank you very much. We might play that. Have a great weekend, Richard, Good morning, morning Gay, Happy Friday. And what can we play for you?
Speaker 11: Voodoo Child by Jimi Hendrix.
Speaker 3: What song lucky enough for the nineties to see it be Bill Hicks life. He came out to this. It was so cool. It's like proper rock and roll.
Speaker 4: And this is one of the old times.
Speaker 12: Yeah, this is when is in another part of this big So let's give me goose bumps.
Speaker 3: We have to play it. Thanks for Richard.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Time now to open up Priority Calling. Priority Calling is here. This is gonna melt the phone systems. It's gonna be like Oasis tickets. We're gonna crash everything. Forget what it was like when you were trying to get Taylor Swift tickets. It's bigger than any of that. What are we talking about? The handball final? This smart sound crazy?
Speaker 6: You win a washing machine if you can take a funny.
Speaker 3: And handle, come on down in two weeks time, it'll be finals week. The finals week Fever and on Thursday them before that big, long, amazing weekend. We're asking you not just to listen to the show, but actually come and join us and be pass of the show. We're looking at trying to get at least one hundred of you lined up. You get one shot. Can you get the footy in the washing machine? If you can, you win a brand new one. It's as simple as that in theory. However, it is going to be a lot harder than that. We are now planning that we will not be finishing the show at nine am in the morning. This is going to take a while, but we have promised we don't leave we stone it till all twenty have been given away. You do not need any sporting or footy previous experience or prowess. This is going to come down to random luck. We're not random. You don't least wondering by you tripped and they're a bold in there. It's going to come down to wild luck. Anyone is welcome, whether your kids, whether you're retired, whether you used to play a bit and you could have been a contender, anybody. It's a free for all basically to come down and try and win these washing machines, and there's going to be hot pies to wed odd things happening on the day as well. Everyone leaves a winner. Yeah, you won't be leaving if you don't leave with bloody great. You have to get that washing machine on your back and out of the building. By the way. You win, you take it with you. It's not our problem. We've had them for weeks. It's stuck in. It's just clogging up reception. They have to go. It's mainly while we're doing it right, call it now, the lines are open. Be the hero win the washing machine.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Finals Fever will be in town and that's why we're doing our handball final where we have twenty washing machines to give away. Look one shut come.
Speaker 4: A long way this week one handball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, going with it.
Speaker 6: To win the washing machine you always wanted on The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 4: Would you get it in or just let it slip?
Speaker 3: All right? Nine four one four one oh four to three, let's get it on. Do you want to take part? No footy, sir, experience is needed, Sue, could it be you? Good morning, Good morning, so you fancy coming down to a handball final?
Speaker 7: Yes, please love to give it a go.
Speaker 3: And have you played footy before? You got any experience? Or we just fancy you luck?
Speaker 13: No, just going for luck?
Speaker 7: No football experience at all?
Speaker 3: Great? And what do you do, Sue, I'm a merchandiser. Merchandiser, Oh, we should talk to you. We normally have very bad merchandise on this show. Who do you work all the road?
Speaker 7: I'm on the road three days a week and babysit my grandchildren the other two days, and so yeah, life's quite busy.
Speaker 3: But I didn't ask for the full sort of diary. I don't what for the government centering claiming stuff? You've got a job, Sue, See what do you mean you're on your own? Do you got the old you're selling door to door? Are you merchandising or car boot for the stuff?
Speaker 7: I work for a company and we're a brokereach company.
Speaker 3: Okay, give yourself a plug, Give myself a plug.
Speaker 10: Good company.
Speaker 3: Oh you're heading marketing. It's not going to be happy with you. You use the plug on the world's biggest radio show. Don't check the.
Speaker 10: Stats in the supermarkets.
Speaker 3: Merchandising go gotcha, got ya, got cha? Gotcha? All right, Well listen, Sue. So it's three days a week, you're on the road, two days your baby sitting the grand kids. I've got that passed on to the necessary authorities. Can we get back. Let's find out what people doing five week. We love you as well, Sue. It's why we get up every morning. I always coming and go. It's on nine yet we go to yeah three here, two there, So thanks going have a lovely weekend, mate, and we'll see you down there. Yes, come on down, sir. I forgot that bit. That's actually why we're chatting him.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Bring the grandkids, Yeah, because on a Thursday, so she has luckily Yeah, no, no, that's Monday. Chustill Wednes. I don't forget all right, part time merchant, Carl. Now, Jack, I'll bring tea with that long finger, Carl, Carl. Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 11: Carl, Good morning, Christian, good morning.
Speaker 8: Game.
Speaker 3: Yes, come on down. And why do you fancy trying to winn a washing machine? Carl?
Speaker 11: I need one so bad Christian washing machine. At the moment it hits the spin cycle and it goes no further, it sends off an ear piercing alarm through the house and the kids have just they've had enough.
Speaker 3: Great, great, this is exactly I hope you win the washing machine. Carl, start practicing. You paid footy before any good.
Speaker 11: My skill sets ordinary. But my son Bailey, he's pretty skillful so as well pretty buoyant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, honestly, people coming down you can bring the family? Can all have a go with this? All right?
Speaker 11: Perfect?
Speaker 3: Sounds great now. Carl just got to ask, I just see, do you work at airport security.
Speaker 11: I worked for a struggling border force at the airport.
Speaker 3: I'm flying later on today, shed stuff, please look out from I could do with a friend on the inside. Dog in the case, they're just essential oils. But Carl, I see you, I see what the jet start. Okay, thank you, Carl, have a lovely weekend. Come on down in two his time. Jess, Hello, Hello, Jess.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 3: Okay, So, Jess, why do you want in? What do you think you could be walking away one of the twenty washing machines.
Speaker 10: Well, I've got a lot of experience.
Speaker 7: Every year at the Royal Children's Good Friday Appeal, I always have a go at the hole, win one.
Speaker 10: Try to get that footy through the middle.
Speaker 3: Have you got on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So you won?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 4: You got it in?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah? North Melbourne. Stand ah right, no, well Lison come down, Jess, come down into his time, bring whoever you want. Okay, thank you? All right? Should have been that? Oh should it? You know, it's a sensible question. It's not. It's not being difficult here, Fiona, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 10: How are you good?
Speaker 3: Fee fee? So are you fancy get it in the Did I just say get it in the washing machine?
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, I do. I think I can can give it a red hot go because I often throw the kid socks into the washing machine and I'm pretty good at that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got years of proper real life experience. This is what we need, all right, Fiona, bring down that magic shot in that magiclarm. We'll see you in two weeks time.
Speaker 10: Thank you, thanks so much.
Speaker 3: All right, lines are open now. Then we take some more next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Two weeks time. Come on down, join the show. Try and get the footee in the washing machine when one of twenty washing machines that are up for grabs that morning. It's our handball final, all right, just's got it back right now. Good morning back, Good morning Christian?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good back? So WHYDI factually coming down?
Speaker 8: Well, I have a twenty one year old washing machine. I can't catch, I can't throw, so hopefully I can kick, but hopefully I can handle straight into the barrel.
Speaker 3: This is what we're looking for. Have a go, hero and spirit. You're more likely to win it than I think some people who think they're very good at footy that are going to have ego and expectation in the way. Yeah, no skill, no skill. That's when they call you Beck, No skill?
Speaker 4: Are you even going to practice? Beck? We've just got way to find if you keep them consistent.
Speaker 3: Form up I might bring.
Speaker 8: Can I bring it back up? Just in case?
Speaker 3: Can I bring? We're going to get some ringer?
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm good for my next time. Jimmy Cameron is going to help me out as well.
Speaker 8: Is twenty eight? Is he old enough to be my kids?
Speaker 10: Probably not?
Speaker 3: So you want to bring your kid? Yeah, yeah, of course you can. Yeah, people, if you're coming down, bring your kids. You can bring backups if you want. That's all right. The more the merrier are In two weeks time, Beck will see you there. Excellent.
Speaker 8: Thank you have a great day, guy.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Thank you. Kelly. Good morning, Good morning, rist Good morning Kelly. So you're coming down to try and throw and win?
Speaker 10: Yes, certainly, yeah, certainly.
Speaker 3: And who else can be coming with you? Oh?
Speaker 10: I can my husband who has some experience. He used to play for Collywood.
Speaker 3: So oh wow, who's who's your husband?
Speaker 10: David? To me, he paid a long time ago, but you know he was pretty awesome in those days.
Speaker 3: So are we talking? Are we talking VFL?
Speaker 10: Or what was VFL?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: Gotcha? Well, once you've got those skills, they're locked in for life, especially in the the harder days, the harder days of the game of vfel as well. I still be a legend.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Imagine though, if you do better than your husband, that is going to be a great day for you, isn't it. There's no doubt about it. Yeah, all right, Kelly, you and your husband David come on down. Sure, sure, thank you very much. Greatly has been held against her will. She was not a willing participant in that course. Was someone there read the script sell it to him? Chilling on Friday the thirteenth, This changes.
Speaker 1: Everything Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Time wasted today, Jack, I'm not sure what is the date today, mate.
Speaker 4: It's Friday the thirteenth.
Speaker 3: This changes everything. What does this mean? Well, the time wester has to change now. Still go and see Brian Adams of course, keep the client happy always, whatever the date. On the Christian O'Connell Show, Brian Adams his bringing here so happy it hurts Tod to Melbourne's rod Laver Arena February. There's six, there's special guests. Changes are for Nothing scary about that, just wildly entertaining.
Speaker 4: He is making. Brian Adams seems it's nothing at all.
Speaker 3: Get your tickets now for detail, said two Frontier Touring dot Com. Not only time weys today, double pass to see ba as Patsy would call him in a DJ days at the.
Speaker 8: R LA.
Speaker 3: Today on Friday the thirteenth, We're looking for your scary bands. Nothing scary about one of the greatest songs ever and singers Aretha Franklin, No no, no about my word. On Friday the thirteenth, she becomes Aretha Frankenstein Gold. Nothing scary about Pat Benettar so friendly Friday the thirteenth, Right now, she's transforming shape shifting into Pat Minota, half human, half horse, silver path Van Helen not Van Halen Silva. It's a zombie Eddie. I know you're a fan of Nicki Mina. She love all that stuff.
Speaker 4: She's not scary at all.
Speaker 3: She is when she's got Nicky mange from PATCHI Phone. I know you love Mumford and Son. She love the banchos and waistcoat.
Speaker 13: Very friendly Mommy and Sons. Gold that boy eyes for yes, God Blases, drink it up.
Speaker 3: I grew.
Speaker 4: El.
Speaker 3: John's not looking very well man by the way, he's not trending anything. Scouton John Silver alright, Jackie Boy. Scary bands On Friday the thirteenth.
Speaker 4: One of our favorite singers is trying to contact the dead.
Speaker 3: Say oh my word, hat sick. That is gold plus plus plus say Once is brilliant and now Australia's scariest band.
Speaker 4: Bloodthirsty Murk want a show.
Speaker 3: He had to go and ruin it with that so close to it Bronze.
Speaker 4: Janis Joplin not scary at all? Yeah, Janice Goblin.
Speaker 3: Sorry, is that making some adult another time waste that we should never do? Bombs Dead Leopard, Yeah, yeah, obvious rons and right, said Fred They weren't scary. No lovely brother, right said Freddy Krueger. Okay, no gold, he's making me laugh stilm. All right, what have you got scary bands? You know why? It's Friday the thirteenth? All right? Text him in on four seventy five three one oh four three and go and see Terrifying Bright Adams, Christian O'Connell show podcast, Christian O'Connell show time Wasting. Now we're looking for your scary bands on Friday the thirteenth, Best in Show Double Pass with Brian Adams back in Melbourne at the Rod Laver Arena in February next year. All right, scary bands, let's mark them Jack scary bands. Not Gloria Esther Fan, Gloria Eva Fan, Evil Fan.
Speaker 4: Bronze.
Speaker 3: The who was that one of my favorites in a long while? Very subtle? I love that Aaron take a huge bow. Phil Coffin's Gold World done, Cam, Frankie goes to Hell Silver not the Hoodoo Gurus, the Voodoo Goos Silver plus the boom Fighters Boo You're my dad too soon? Do I get the bran out of the not Rod Stewart, Blood spew Its, Graphic Yes, Silver, Tom Petty and the leg Breakers, Bronze, Vampire on the Sun.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, twist silver.
Speaker 3: Ghost Malone Gold, the Brian, the Brian Adams.
Speaker 1: That's so good.
Speaker 3: John Black, well done, Christina Draculera.
Speaker 4: Oh that's gold, Bluss, Well.
Speaker 3: Who's that? Travis Beatty, well done, Katie Lang, Katie Fang gold too, Pocular, god BLUs. These are very good.
Speaker 4: That's really good, very very good.
Speaker 3: Too, Pocular. This Kid's twelve, by the way, the one allowed to read it, Drake's twelve. Dracula.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's gold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is gold, Hotlme Lane, Sophie Ellis, dexter Go. These are very good. Sinzia Bones and Eye gold and I'm Tony with an eye. John Krueger, John Freddy Krueger, Menencamp.
Speaker 4: Delivered Bezary King.
Speaker 3: It's my fav kingy Bronze menuster at ghosts.
Speaker 4: Gold, No way, not a band bronze.
Speaker 3: The glee he had catching you out, then a welcome that is mysterious. Manoeuvers in the dart What for you? Jack? And that sock.
Speaker 4: Bronz.
Speaker 3: Mariah Scary the Christian O'Connell show podcast on Friday. We give you a lot of recommendations and double thumbs up. I have a very important one, which is Patsy's podcast, the brand new one I've read downloaded Who Got a Flight? Today? I will be listening to you with Kathy Let. You've got two titans of talk, Patsy and No, No, both of you together, you and the brilliant love Kathy Let and are you love working with you? And so you've got Patsy and Kathy Lett on your awesome podcast.
Speaker 2: Patsy, Oh thanks mate. Yeah, this is episode nine, a second sensational act. She was as always utterly divined and so so funny. I think, if you're grappling with the symptoms at the moment, and you know you're feeling pretty crap, turn it on because she is so funny and brings some comedy into what can be a really, really miserable time for women going through minopause or perimenopause. She was so fantastic, she was so good. I've split it into two EPs, so they form nine and ten next week.
Speaker 3: A little bit lingle there, it's a technical The app stands of course for episode because it's so funny.
Speaker 4: You'll need to just take it easy, to take a break. You need a week to cool off.
Speaker 3: Put some histamine in that well said, otherwise it's actually dangerous.
Speaker 2: So download now on the free iHeart at or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: Really well, I generally have downloaded it right. I will be listening on the flight today, Patsy. I cannot wait. I cannot wait to hear you and calculate that much anyone will blast for you getting to speak to you.
Speaker 6: Know what?
Speaker 2: She was just the most I was terrified because she is so I mean, she wrote Puberty Blues at seventeen. She's just she's crazy, crazy talented. But she was the most approachable person. I emailed her directly, and I thought i'd get her, oh you know, sorry, Kathy's busy through a PR person.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: I emailed her at like nine o'clock Melbourne time, one night, five past night.
Speaker 3: I got those at nine. It's literally drunken listeners asking me to die go back home, or but it ain't good. Whatever it is at nine o'clock at night, I must just take part in that funny phoney says I'm locking up the house. It screams of rock well, somebody's watching me. It is outside in the old panel van.
Speaker 2: Well, she was in London, you see, so I thought that'd be perfect timing and she emailed me straight back and there was no no pr people, no publicity people involved. It was just me and directly to Kathy, and she was just so accommodating. She was absolutely phenomenal.
Speaker 5: So I hope you love it.
Speaker 2: I love doing it and it's been an awesome serious So thanks to everyone for their support. I'm going to do a second series next year.
Speaker 3: It has just been great. Now you start. This thing is called Rage against the Menopause, and there are I think there are literally millions of podcasts out there, but this is the most original and most needed podcast I've heard in years. And I'm telling you now, you know Patsy's good in the radio. When you really hear her, more free range than can she can be here, it's an incredible listener. It's a great listen, Pattie, You've done something really special. Actually you should be very proud of yourself.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I cannot reckon enough Rage against the Menopause. All right, we have some very enjoyable finish business to get on here before we leave for our little one week break. We haven't given away one thousand dollars for Cool of the week thanks to Mercedis Benz Berrick blackout sales about on now with unprecedented pricing on certified and exact driven vehicles. Let's get Catherine back. Catherine. Hello, now, Cathrine. We loved your story early on this week, right and about the missing finger, and it feels like it's a Friday thirteenth time. So you are our one thousand dollars winner. You are Calder of the week. Thanks so much, Oh our pleasure. You already made us laugh. We're going to replay it in a minute. Now. What are you going to do with your money? You're going to change your weekend? You've got a thousand bucks.
Speaker 8: I don't know it.
Speaker 7: Might go out to have some cocktails.
Speaker 3: Well, some cocktails have got you by everyone in cocktail. You win a cocktail, everyone gets a cocktail. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 7: I might buy Rage against the Menopause as well.
Speaker 3: Oh that's free.
Speaker 7: You don't have to.
Speaker 3: Get ready to do it, Tom, it's the only podcast you have to pay patching you come up send in voice. It's a thousand bucks, actually two thousand two. All right, Catherine, enjoy spending your money. Thanks for calling the show. Thanks Christian and Gang, Bye bye. Here's the winning call.
Speaker 7: I had a girlfriend who lost a finger. Was at a bar called the Fox and Firkin, and you would dance on the tables, and she was dancing on the table and the ring on her finger got caught on a nail in the ceiling and it riched her finger off and all the stuff were vomiting and people were crying. She was actually a neighbor of mine, So the next morning she popped down the street and told me the story, and she showed me the singer her freezer in a bag.
Speaker 3: I mean, look she had us at people were crying astray. We like, that person deserves a thousand dollars. You've got horrific so actually uncomfortable hearing it again.
Speaker 4: I think you said you're a thousand dollars Collars of the week because you really made us laugh. And then she listened back.
Speaker 3: To what a lovely way to end it, And of course on Jack, what is the date today? Changes everything? Guys, we are back in a week's time. Thank you very much for being part of the show. Go Hawks. I really hope the Hawks were in this weekend. Have a great time over the weekend. We're back in our week's time. Thank you very much for being part of the show. Every single day. The time wastes to stories which we actually didn't need to hear a second time around. But enjoy spending that money. One thousand dollars will get you one episode of Rage against the Menopause. Guys, enjoying rags you see in a week's time.
Speaker 1: Bye Bye, The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast