Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 1: Back on the podcast Bandwagon FLEXI I made, not the bandwagon.
Speaker 2: I made a meme.
Speaker 1: It's called Melbournion in Sydney for the weekend starter pack I want oh ye, okay, tell me what you see?
Speaker 3: Bell bottoms? Is that Lulu Lemons? Lulu Lemon bell bottom tights. I can't stop thinking about Toddy's bread broadsheet review that Okay, forty four tied eye flower hat, No mikey a sunburn? Where is sorry hills with an eat? And Bondi Beach?
Speaker 2: Is this true?
Speaker 1: It's not Bondi Beach. That is Clovelly.
Speaker 3: We got to make it clearer, okay, Yeah, maybe like a pin, Yeah, a pin with like cloverally on the map like zoom in because like that's really hard to see.
Speaker 2: It's not really legible. But I love where this is going.
Speaker 1: Otherwise pretty good.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll find out when I post it and see likes that gay guys, because I'm actually I've posted a newsletter about Melbourne people coming to Sydney like what they should do, okay, and they're legit tips from me because I like to give back to the community. You're a philanthropus, so farely putting a little in brackets there for the for those that are not up with the law.
Speaker 2: All right, here's the potty. This is flex and rooms.
Speaker 1: I'm Kaita. Listen. It's important sometimes to shoot your shot. That is our vibe here at Kita. However, some of you have got it twisted and you think that it's well within your remit to DM slide a celebrity. I was on TikTok.
Speaker 2: That's not appropriate.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wouldn't do it. Oh, but I do appreciate the drama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, live a little.
Speaker 1: I watched a TikTok where this woman explained potentially quite a fantastic way to slide into a celebrity stamp gorgeous. Step one, you find your famous guy.
Speaker 4: You take a look at who he's following, and you find some regular.
Speaker 1: Dudes that he's following.
Speaker 4: That he knows, maybe he works with them, or maybe they're I gets childhood friends.
Speaker 2: You follow some of.
Speaker 4: These regular guys and hopefully you get one to follow you back, so then you have a mutual. Once you land a mutual, you got to make sure you have some live stories. In a perfect world, the stories should be of you and your hot think tank friends, and you should be in the same city as the famous guy.
Speaker 1: So that's stuff one. Oh, but lockdown that.
Speaker 2: Feels like sixteen steps in one.
Speaker 1: Step two is a little more ambitious.
Speaker 4: You dm something along the lines of, if you're looking for a good time, I'm here with my friends.
Speaker 1: We would love to link and drop the number.
Speaker 3: I don't like if you're looking for a good time because soliciting, I don't know if we should be doing that. I would hit them with a are you out tonight? Send a picture of you and the friend in and a monkst an outside environment, and then let link.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, why I think with a celebrity you can't be forward. You have to create a vibe, catch their eye and then put the rest up to history.
Speaker 3: How many hours you got on a day though? What we were catching a vibe with Jonah Hill. A couple of days ago, I found myself walking down Smith Street in Melbourne. If you're not familiar with it's you know, it's an up and comer. It's a niche up and comer. It was walking past and I could hear this incessant beeping of a horn, and there was no traffic on the street, no trams, so I couldn't figure o where it was coming from. I ended up walking past this white van and there's this kid, no or older than like six or seven, in the front seat of a white van beeping the horn, beep, beep. I can't tell if the kid's distressed or not, because the way it's beeping, you think it's freaking out. I stop where I am. I look around. I can't see a parent. I can't see I was also with a friend and it maybe was about fifteen seconds of us being like, what are we gonna do?
Speaker 2: Do we protect this kid?
Speaker 3: Do we open the car? Is it that deep? Should we just wait and see what happened? And it was one of the very few times I can recall being face to face with the Biseren effect and being like, I'm not moving quick enough and we're in danger. The Bystenter effect is this idea that when something is happening, something dangerous or something where it requires someone to step in, we all stand around assuming somebody else will do it. And in that situation, I'm like, I don't even know what to do, but I'm willing.
Speaker 2: By the time I.
Speaker 3: Figured out I should probably go and like knock on the window and scare this child to death. A woman did come out of a chip shop maybe five shops away, was like, stop stop pressing the button, babe, stop pressing. No, enough enough, So clearly she was getting them like a bit of dinner. But I'm like, why don't just bring the kid? Yeah, you're parked in a place where you can park. It was two p okay, just take the kid out. It's beeping, it's unset. All the windows were up, mind you, the car was not on. And then she's looking at us like we were being weird looking at her. Funny, Let's say you're in a similar situation. You saw what I saw. You couldn't see a parent. What would you have done?
Speaker 1: I would have let the kid be like, let the kid be the kid, let it beep all beat the boots down.
Speaker 2: We can't leave kids in cars.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like my parents kept me in the car when mama's job.
Speaker 2: This is illegal activity.
Speaker 3: All I'm saying is as someone who likes to break a rule, Yes, because I have issues with authority every now and then, it's nice to push it and see you know which will can I break today? But in some instances the rules exist for a reason, and I don't want to fear monger. But it had something had gone wrong that parent would have felt so dumb, I didn't like them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, now I understand.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you. We got there eventually. Love life with Flex and frooms on Kada.
Speaker 1: We love it when you, our dear listener, send us in some content, always positive and always a bit crazy, spooky and quirky. We love this kind of stuff. And a man called Harrison messaged our producer Mikayla and said that he thought that he may be flirted too hard with someone. Naturally, this piqued my interest because I do believe you can float too hard. I'm more of a subtle kind of girly. So apparently this person that he was interested in in their bio had bio. Their insta bio was like looking for a sugar baby. I don't know if they were being serious or not, but this person has gone ahead and sent them an email.
Speaker 3: And we actually have a copy of this email. It is a proper CV formatted and everything with a.
Speaker 1: Cover letter and then the experience. Let's start with the cover letter Okay, and I will be tailoring this for audio broadcast because we are beholden to the rules and regulations of the Australian Broadcasting Act.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: I'm a very social and charismatic person, making a night out great, but my drive and desire to please makes a night in even better. Well. I am an exhibiting artist, so I can pay you on like one of my French girls and afterwards bleep you leaps. In terms of hourly commitment, I'm a night hour by nature, so I have no problems working late. But just like myself, my hours are flexible, cheap as creepers. My skills and work experience can be seen in my TV which I've attached below. I want to speak to you about more things of this position. I look forward to hearing from your sexy regards.
Speaker 2: Harrison off the Dome, How do you feel about that?
Speaker 1: I mean, it wasn't that R rated.
Speaker 3: Wasn't that R rated? But it was also was it solicited? It would be funny if you were dating someone They're like, I'm going to send you a CV. This is a gag, but this is a this is.
Speaker 2: A cold email.
Speaker 1: It is a cold email.
Speaker 2: Let's continue with the CV.
Speaker 3: In this CV, we have a full name and a full address. This person was not joking. Harrison was really about that life. Yeah, Dan, all right, So skills, strong customer service experience and services in italics it satisfaction guaranteed, problem solving ensures all that is underlined, and again I italicized needs admit. Bilingual current exhibiting visual artists can worship your body by drawing a life sized portrait in its honor.
Speaker 1: That's pretty amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They hold a current Victoria's driver's license.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good. They've got their RSA two in hospitality and kitchen operations. They know the perfect wine and die combo, and a few are rated references. I would say ten points for effort and consistency, because even though I wouldn't want to receive this kind of approach, this is an unmistaken proposition. It is as opposed to a lukewarm where someone just orbits around you long enough and sends you a heart on your Instagram and assumes that'll be enough for you to know that they want your hand in marriage.
Speaker 1: Bring that back, bring back being subtle.
Speaker 2: I think no, I think we're past that.
Speaker 3: I think people need to learn how to be forward in a consensual and not creepy way.
Speaker 2: Little of you have that down, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Play the tapes, Solese, Mikayla and by play the tapes.
Speaker 2: Please explain analogue?
Speaker 1: So I asked Harrison.
Speaker 2: I said, I need to know did it work? And Harrison confirmed to me that they have secured.
Speaker 1: A date back secured and I've been told I'll get an update on said date.
Speaker 3: This is a positive story. It reminds me of a situation. Can I tell you really quickly please? Was at a party one day with my best friend and we do what we do best, which is dress up, go to a party and talk.
Speaker 2: To each other in the corner.
Speaker 3: Actually, but this one was really incredible because where we were positioned, people get coming up to us and asking us for advice and questions. And there was this one girl who was trying to tune this guy at this party. But he just come out of a relationship and we kind of knew him to be a bit of just like not a forward guy. We knew he was never going to approach her at this party and that any kind of progress that was going to be made was going to be on her terms. And she was definitely like an going charismatic character as well, so not really out of.
Speaker 2: The rubber possibility.
Speaker 3: So the whole party, she's kind of waiting for him to acknowledge her, and when he comes over to say hello, he gives me the biggest hug, which is out of character for him. He's like a quiet guy, biggest hug for me, cheek kiss for my best friend, and kind of pats this girl on the shoulder. She's kind of like, Okay, maybe he's trying to get me off his scent and like not laid on too thick.
Speaker 2: I mean, as I didn't really read it that way, but you know, go for it.
Speaker 3: My best friend I were feeling meddling, so we were like, you know what, you're not gonna know because he's not the kind of guy who's going to really like set up the shot so you can take it. So you're just gonna have to like set up your own shot and take your own shot. For about three hours, she's like deliberating should I go up, what should I say? We've already had a drink together before. I don't know why he's acting this way. So basically she's facing us and we're facing the rest of the party. We notice that he's leaving with one of his friends. We say, he's heading out, babe, what Hey're gonna do. She's like, okay, I'm gonna go to the kitchen, which is it's like an open plan dining and pretend to fill up my bottle so I can overhear what their plans are and then kind of slide in for the kill. So she walks up to the kitchen to fill up her bottle. She goes in and she starts talking, and he's like, not really that enthused. We're like, okay, whatever. My best friend kind of looks away. She's like got secondhand embarrassment, and I stay watching. Somehow she manages to kiss him.
Speaker 2: Huh stop it.
Speaker 3: It happened so quickly, I said, we went from being ignored to their exchanging fluids in real time.
Speaker 2: She circles back, she's buzzing. I'm like, what happened. She's like, well, you know, I just had to make.
Speaker 3: It do what it does. I said, but what does that entail? I watched it happen and everything was telling me it was not a go, and she made it happen. So I say this all to say what we might observe to be cringey behavior or just like in the rum of impossibility, with the right circumstance and the right forwardness consensual, of course, it can really result in a full blown three year relationship.
Speaker 2: Can I get a who rah rah, who bloody rah and frims?
Speaker 1: I'm kedas I'm a big fan of newsletters. I have a newsletter. It's called Froom's World.
Speaker 2: Very good do I post every week? I've dropped off a little KOs okay every week is excessive.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite newsletters that I subscribe to is Hailey Nrman. She's Had to Manella ex Man Repeller, the Girlies that Get It get Out. She has a newsletter called Maybe Baby, and she's just so good at talking about things that we've semi thought about ourselves, but then fleshing them out almost to a point that's like so analytical and so like Granula.
Speaker 2: What are the things?
Speaker 1: That she wrote one the other day, which is about how she takes photos of everything and she realized, oh, like why am I taking photos everything? Because she had an incident where she lost all of her photos from twenty ten to twenty fifteen. We all have we all have a period okay, back when the iCloud was not eating, and then she likened it to the eighty fourth problem. It's a Buddhist proverb. So that idea is that you have eighty three problems, and then the eighty three.
Speaker 2: You would beg to differ.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, anyway, let's let Haley read it out. There is an old Buddhist proverb about this, that all of us have eighty four problems and that the only way to resolve them is by addressing the eighty fourth, which is our desire to have no problems at all. Modern life is constantly selling us novel solutions but fails to ask which problems are actually worth solving or possible to solve it all.
Speaker 3: So I love that is our desire to have no problems at all, because don't we also love suffering. It validates us, gives us like meaning. I overcame, therefore I am good.
Speaker 1: I don't think I like that. I like to have my to do list ticked off, but I guess I write it to do list so I can tick it off.
Speaker 3: M you've given yourself the problem of having any responsibility just to relieve yourself of the responsibility.
Speaker 1: I think for me, it's important to realize that there will be problems that you straight up cannot fix. Yeah, because it can be difficult to understand when you like controlling things, but to resign and to give away the notion that you can fix everything and suffering of some extent. So thank you, Haley, always piquing my interest and making the brain click over despite how difficult I find it.
Speaker 4: And you've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, tune in to cater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio