Speaker 1: Got anything dead.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian o. Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Patria.
Speaker 4: Jones, Good morning, Christian O'Connell and Jack Post.
Speaker 5: Good to see your pathy.
Speaker 3: Let's start about what we get up to during the seat because producer Rio is telling me now that you is this a new thing, wearing a night guard?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I feel like everyone has to start wearing them recently, those plastic it's almost like a mouthguard.
Speaker 7: You have to wear it at night to stop you chewing.
Speaker 3: This is a sign that you're starting to get ready for becoming middle aged. No stress, no, no, no, this is the stress of being an adult now and the carefree days. The sun is setting, Rio and I.
Speaker 5: Think it's to stop you grinding. Stop your chewing. Makes it sound like you're trying to eat in the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a different condition that you need different treatment for.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I've got one of those because I grind my teeth and I've actually got cracks in both my two front teeth from doing it. Yeah, like fine, little.
Speaker 3: How long have you been wearing that four?
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't wear.
Speaker 3: It like quite long term.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I've got to wear it everything.
Speaker 3: So about two because I was getting trible jaw pain and so and then it's because it's supposed to be a pattern interrupts her. So after a while it's to stop you doing it and then you can take Then I started taking magnesium before going to sleep. Pats of that that made a massive difference as well.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's yeah, I've got to get in to the magnesium.
Speaker 3: Because it's like I think, it's all sometimes like a nervous tick. You're like literally chewing over the day. So yes, with Patsy it's like nemesis and being into the news is exclusive bloody nova. All the jobs you didn't get.
Speaker 5: She wakes up in the morning, the retainer's mango.
Speaker 3: Lips all chewed off. This is blood.
Speaker 6: Be honest, Patsy, how often do you wear yours? Because this is like my third or four.
Speaker 4: It's in my bathroom drawer and I have since before Christmas to be what. Yeah, I'm terrible.
Speaker 3: They suck.
Speaker 7: I hate wearing them and I think even.
Speaker 3: And in a relationship, it's something you at what point do you say good night for the last time you reach in and put that in.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's a real It puts a real on anything. If any activities are going to happen.
Speaker 5: We've got we've got double that at the moment, because Yank's got the retainer and I've got the sea pap machines.
Speaker 3: For some people that might be maybe that's where how they get their kicks.
Speaker 7: You have to be like, are you are we actually are sleeping?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all right, it's almoch that you're in a space port. You got to take away astronaut the breathing apparatus, no turning back, and so do you sleepwalk?
Speaker 6: And also yeah, so this morning I woke up and I didn't have my mouth guard in. I put it in last night, and I found it on the couch outside the bedroom, so I.
Speaker 3: Must have Do you think do you think your partner will put it there? Because just enough out of the door, just pef it.
Speaker 6: In like a far right corner, so I would have had to have slept walked gone out my door.
Speaker 7: And then I guess just.
Speaker 3: Like it's an amazing the things we do while we're asleep.
Speaker 5: Did you know you were a sleepwalker.
Speaker 7: I'm an occasional sleepwalker. Yes, I used to.
Speaker 3: Lay occasional sleepwalker.
Speaker 7: When I was young.
Speaker 6: When I was a teenager, I used to leave I was a terrible sleepwalker, would leave stuff all around the house.
Speaker 7: I haven't done it in a long time.
Speaker 4: I'm like scene out of step brothers.
Speaker 3: In the kitchen and then where they disturbed them and turned the lightshot one of the funniest scenes ever.
Speaker 5: You got to set a camera up. I would be so interested if I knew that I'd been up in the night.
Speaker 7: Remember, yeah, we don't have any cameras, but maybe you will.
Speaker 4: I'd be worried because you've got a balcony. You were like, oh my god, I didn't think of that.
Speaker 3: I always news mate in there story out the window.
Speaker 7: We locked the door. Now I'm scared to go to sleep.
Speaker 3: Well, I remember interviewing this a brilliant comedian, Mike Bibiglia, and he wrote a book and made a Netflix special Sleepwalk with Me. He sleepwalks. He's got a really serious condition. He now his wife has to zip him in and almost lock him into a like a bean bag.
Speaker 5: Sleeping bag made himself that he seals.
Speaker 3: Himself into it so he can't get out and go sleep. Because once he was on tour and he was on the second floor of a hotel and he jumped out the window. Luckily, he just had lacerations that he survived.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I want to go to sleeping night and to your tethered to the bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a separate game that they do. Jack.
Speaker 2: That's every night actually a Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: My Nieces gave birth last week to her first daughter, beautiful girl called Ocean, and I was catching up with her the other day over the weekend. How's it all going in the you know what it's like passed. He's just exhausted and excited, emotional and it's it's amazing.
Speaker 5: What does it make you? Are you a great I don't know.
Speaker 3: Actually I try to google it the other day. So it's my sister in law's daughter, so I'm you're her uncle. She calls me uncle Christian.
Speaker 5: You might be a great uncle.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think.
Speaker 3: That that's what it said on Google, and I shut the tap down.
Speaker 8: No, no, I don't.
Speaker 3: Want to be great anything yet. I've always aspired to be great now and is doing it in age, and I don't want to be that kind of great. No, not a great uncle. No, they're like Christian. You think a decrepit old great, very frail man. Yeah, Uncle Christian. No, he said, what I am. I think you're This is devastating new second break in guys, this is bad Thursday vibes already a great uncle. Anyway, she I reckon, she's coined a new phrase. She's been sleep ordering stuff. Oh no, her husband told me right, She did not remember any of this. Suddenly there was a knock at the door about five am. She's obviously doing the feeding during the night of the night, falling asleep. There was a knock at the door, and it was their version. She lives in Dubai and he's diddy in in. There where a guy with eight coconut right, because you can order coconuts into bayrol And and he was like, who are those for? And he was like, all termaiss up my wife and he woke home and there's a guy with eight coconuts. You don't order it actually went, oh my god, yeah I did feel I don't really remember, I think, so check the phone. She'd ordered eight coconuts. There's no room in the fridge or anymore. So, yeah, you can try that one next time Chris catches you out. Nail in the credit card. Now I must have done that. It's a deep it's the it's the thing, the grinding, the ordering, they're all part of the same condition, Caitlin, what does your partner do during the night? Then she's a sleepwalker?
Speaker 8: No, so she wears he plugs to sleep because she can't handle me breathing.
Speaker 5: What do you mean, are you a big story?
Speaker 8: I don't make a sound. I literally breathe, and she's like, I can't handle it, Like it's.
Speaker 3: These Yeah, my wife. My wife has an imask and sometimes those ear plugs. I said, it's like sleeping with someone who's at Guantanamo. I said, it's really spooky during the night. You're like, have I kidnapped her? This is my wife and there were hammers? Is sometimes they need to wake her up because I've been up for a while with a cup of tea and she's up to that and that where have you gone those sci fi movies where they go in that deep sleep for like two hundred years.
Speaker 8: So every now and then she'll wake up and she has one of the earplugs in her mouth shows she's chewing on.
Speaker 3: A gun, so she just gonn choke on them.
Speaker 9: I know, I know.
Speaker 8: And sometimes I'll find them on my pillow or like she'll.
Speaker 3: Have the mename, I need to get it. Get us some of these big, old old school radio headphones we had. You could never choke on these. There's so much to choose.
Speaker 9: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian on Yesterdays Show, you're asking us anyone, no wad A snotty gobbler chook up version. It's a version of the Vanina slice from memory, replaced by Arnott's biscuits icing on top. It was a recipe adapted by the Australian Women's Weekly. Hope this sounds Narnie. Thank you very much, Christian. I am asleep eater. It's a real problem. I'm a sleep Peter. One time I woke up in the middle of the night and made jacket potatoes. Are you going to get the microwave on? You know.
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 3: Are you evn in it? Beans? You even some nice crete and cheese deal? This's list in the middle of the night. I woke up next morning with a greasy plate beside my bed and remnants of cheese and sour cream in my bed, and having no recollection of doing this. That's amazing, Christian. My sister's housemate was notorious for sleep ordering. Door Dash to the house in the middle of the night, especially Peza. That is incredible. We've got on the line here, Jesse. What do you Good morning, Jesse?
Speaker 10: Good morning?
Speaker 3: Mind here gone, I'm good Jesse. So what do you get up to during the night? You're sleepwalker?
Speaker 11: No, so I'm a truck driver and I will sit up in bed and pretend to drive the truck in my sleep.
Speaker 3: Is that every night? Or just when you've had a long day trucking.
Speaker 11: Just when I've had a long day life, when I'm a long day stressed out, I will sit up in bed. Then I'll still pretend on at work, and it'll tape my missus to wake me up and go go back to play.
Speaker 3: I can't. I'm halfwaycross another more. I've gotta keep going.
Speaker 9: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Yesterday we had one of these things. I'm sure if you work for a big company you get a lot of these, like a big all staff zoom thing. Jack and obviously not part of that. Did you did you log? Inn know how? I don't know.
Speaker 4: How, of course I did. Sue reminded me, Se, the boss reminded.
Speaker 3: Me, you sat there grinding place sick like she came and reminded, you sound like a threat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she said, don't forget, and I said, no, that's right, thanks for reminding me.
Speaker 3: Well, did you hear about the swearing that happened?
Speaker 4: No? I did not.
Speaker 3: Whoa, Oh well someone did not realize the old mute button wasn't quite muted.
Speaker 7: About halfway through the big old stuff meaning.
Speaker 3: And it's just so everyone knows, right, it's a it's a big company work for there on lots of different radio stations around Australia, and it was like the coming and going and reshuffling Game of Throne, Star Breakfast Radio and job titles and basically someone been made to do eighteen per people's work.
Speaker 4: Six hundred people on the employ a lot.
Speaker 3: Of Swiss Army human Swiss arm you're the security guard and you're also the financial officer.
Speaker 6: And it was a CEO giving a speaking and obviously I love the CEO.
Speaker 3: I love the Yeah. I recorded it and so I watched that Friday night. Oh my god, that's my Netflix and Chill chief executive Chill I called it. You know, I can't getting some friends around. We're going to turn into Barbie.
Speaker 6: And some people, not me, obviously, might think it drags on way too long, or there's no need for all of us to be there.
Speaker 3: Well, that's a real shame, and I always say, gone too soon. Is there another PowerPoint slide you could share with us about the structure now of the EOT and the exec Committee? How does that breakdown?
Speaker 5: I need to see another pie chart, please please?
Speaker 6: Or someone someone not obviously had those someone, Yeah, some messed up freak.
Speaker 7: And I didn't realize their microphone wasn't on a mute.
Speaker 3: What did they say?
Speaker 7: They said, I actually don't have time for this book. And then you could hear like it might have been.
Speaker 3: That's what someone would say.
Speaker 6: I might have thought that because it's there's so many people, you don't you know who it is. And then you just hear this like a bit of a and like a.
Speaker 3: Like, So it's still was it even acknowledged by the Chief Exective?
Speaker 6: There was a bit of a pause, and it wasn't. It was never directly acknowledged.
Speaker 3: Already you know what the power play would have been, He should have gone. He said that.
Speaker 9: The Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 3: Just before Christmas. A friend of mine works for a very big organization and they had a global the chief executive live from New York, all these different time zones, people like, we're in India, people were in Europe, people are in Stralia. He was in he was in the Melbourne office. And there are people obviously in the middle of the night may to get up for this big announcement about the corporate restructure and the new vision for twenty twenty five and beyond. This guy, this mega chief executive global head said that I'm just going to be our audio only because there's some building work being done at mine. Midway through his presentation, his camera came on for less than second and he was in a golf cart and then it went straight back to voice only. All right, Chief exec looks like a real pricey country club you're at now. Wonder some people are being let go the fees of that golf car and those spoke callaways as well, Wow we and then everyone was like missing, anyone get a screenshot of though, no blinking you miss. It was like half a second now. Jack remembered that we've had a zoom fell from someone on this team.
Speaker 5: We were talking about it. I said, this sounds so familiar, didn't Patsy years ago speak on an open mic. Accidentally, I couldn't remember the d I don't recall that, Jack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you did do it. Ria, What did you find out from the what do you go like a wiki show page? If we got so, we've got.
Speaker 6: To show archives. Yes, now it's very basic, but it is accurate. Thirty first of the fifth, twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: So this show, we were right in the deep waters of lockdown, down of lockdown.
Speaker 6: Yes, and they were having it all another all staff meeting. And my note here says, during the all staff Survey Results Zoom meeting this morning, someone in the team who shall remain nameless brackets Patsy left their mic unmuted in the airlock in barrels a certain news reader very loudly complaining to anyone who listened.
Speaker 7: And now, Christian, now we gets to the.
Speaker 3: Actual especially what the k show sounds.
Speaker 7: Like exactly I've got There's a lot of asterisks.
Speaker 3: In the show, several several.
Speaker 6: Recall so as I recreate what Patsy said while all staff.
Speaker 7: Meeting, I'm really relying on you.
Speaker 3: Your career is safe in my hands.
Speaker 7: It actually starts with a beep, so if we could.
Speaker 3: Me you she begins like that, let's go again. Okay, yeah, me. How many.
Speaker 6: People are in the office today, all these cheap skates?
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, I was premature.
Speaker 7: So all these cheap skates can just sniffer free lunch.
Speaker 5: It's better than I even remember.
Speaker 7: It sounds like that went all stuff.
Speaker 3: It must have been when, because Pats, you got such a great voice, you're going to know it's you so distinctive.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I don't recall that. I think that was maybe just like AI or.
Speaker 3: Something twenty two. There was no Aire and we didn't have Deep Fake. It was before deep Sea can Churt GPT.
Speaker 6: It must have been when all the sales the people were just starting to come back to the.
Speaker 3: Offer, and you know how they're trying to get them back here with hot food. Yes, it's like how do you catch a little mouse? Geez say, with salespeople.
Speaker 9: Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 3: It's the Christian O'Connell show. These days, everyone's got these wearables and trackables. You've got your Apple Watch, which is essential. Now this week it arrived and we've got this thing called an Aura ring. You heard me, Yeah right, it's brilliant. Yesterday evening about nine o'clock. It sent me a message saying, now it's a good time for bed, really, and I put myself to bed on okay, Kate ring. The Ring is now running running my life. The other day it went, I was I was sat on the couch watching Netflix, and I went, looks like we're having a period of inactivity, a busy day. Ring, Give me a break here.
Speaker 5: What other things is it meant to track? Is it steps?
Speaker 3: Sleep steps? Stress levels? During the day? Yesterday after a phone call with a certain member of management, it said, you're stressed right now. Oh, I won't name that person. I'm sure the ring must have had some sweat under It was something like that, I must be mistaken.
Speaker 5: Please avoid this person in feature.
Speaker 3: Hard to do, that very hard to do. The other day I was chatting to my teenage daughter and she was saying that that I needed to send the university that she's going to in a couple of weeks time some money. And I said, just tell them the check is in the post. She said, what are you even talking about. She didn't even know what a check was. She's eighteen. She says, there's no way they haven't grown up in the world of checks and I bet actually judging some of the younger thirty somethings on this team.
Speaker 5: You guys, even I would have never used to check I know what one is because mom and dad used to have them, but I would have never written a check.
Speaker 3: You never had a check book, never, patsy. It used to be the way to get paid and press people.
Speaker 4: Only way my mum and dad operated. They had a business. They lived and breathed checks. It was everything. Like Mum sent me to school. I remember one day with a blank sign check for lunch. We had no cash in the house, so she said, here, you have this blank check, but whatever you do, don't don't lose it because it's blank, like anyone can put any amount in it.
Speaker 3: So expensive a school dinners in three or four bucks. Most places wouldn't accept checks if they were under a certain amount. It's a waste of process.
Speaker 5: I can't believe the canteen at your school.
Speaker 4: Except everyone except our local milk bar would take your kit. They used to if they need a cash and couldn't run to the bank because it was very close.
Speaker 3: But this is how people go, so if it trady came round, it was either cash or a check.
Speaker 5: It just seems so loose to me because it's just a piece of paper. There's no way to prove it until later money in there.
Speaker 3: But this system worked for decades all over the world, didn't it, Pats it did.
Speaker 4: It was like an honesty system as well. Does that mean we're different people now?
Speaker 3: Well? I also remember do you remember the days of travelers checks? Yes, if you were going on holiday, you wouldn't just get the money. You get a thing called travelers checks and then you could redeem them for local cash somewhere else at a bureau de change wherever you were on holiday. You have to look for these places with these kind of vouchers. Basically you had from your country and they give you a couple of hundred bar or where you were. Wherever you were.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of trust built into the system. Surely it happened all the time where people went to cash the check and they go, oh, there's no money account that person.
Speaker 3: I'd love to know now whether you are, if they're legal tender, or whether we're not in there? You know, and a cash is society now are tapping go? I can't remember the last time I saw a check you have been had? There? Does anyone still have a check book or still use checks, I'd love to know.
Speaker 9: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Yesterday on the show, the word piff came up in conversation with a story from one of you when we were talking about you destroying inanimate objects, and we're wondering whether we could just do a phone in based around piffing things. Before the show today, I was second, I'm not sure if we're going to do it. And now I've heard the production that Rio has made not one, two theme tunes. We are going all into the world of piffing. We have to. It's the production now has demanded that we must give this attention. It must be front and center of our vital work we do every day on the cold face of breakfast radio. We're talking about checks right now. Are they still a thing? It used to be. The check system ran for decades globally. It sounds archaic now to explain it to the younger generation like you jat that pieces of paper were widely accepted by governments, financed and intitutions. You could be paid and you could buy a car just with a check.
Speaker 5: And when you read old stories or see old movies, and there's criminals who are doing check fraud, like they go and pay for things with checks and then they skip.
Speaker 3: Ease up with the word old movies. Yes, they're only about fifteen years ago. They're not black and white. We like Buster Keaton. Look at check you in your mind when you think, perhaps you think of black and white cpure image.
Speaker 5: No, look directly at I like to look you guys in the eye.
Speaker 3: Insulting. It insults you to your face.
Speaker 5: But how did that not happen more often that you just give a check a because it's illegal. Was illegal, but what an easy thing to do. It's like here's some monopoly money and you get away with it.
Speaker 3: Years ago, we were very trustworthy people Christian up until about eight months ago. You talk about checks. My ninety four year old grandmother only had a passbook account. She would have to go into the bank to withdraw money. These days, you got that bank. They've got a bouncer. As soon as you go in. What do you want? You can do that that machine over there, get out on the stream, do it like everybody else. They really don't want It's not a greet. It's actually about so go and get out. What are you wanting here, what's your business? Yes? Anyway, back to Debbie's ninety four year old grandmother that only had the passbook account, she would have to go in the bank to withdraw money. We convinced her to get a debit card. Debit card if it sounds that's slightly old now, doesn't it? A debit card and an online bank account, but she still goes into the bank to get her money every week to pay for a shopping Oh that is so the older generation really don't try online banking, right. I tried to shift my mum towards it. Right, so this will be a lot easier. I can send you money. Not easan that she went, I am not getting involved in that. The Russians.
Speaker 5: I mean, you haven't got it getting in fired.
Speaker 3: Right, you haven't got any money, right, you haven't got any money that Russians aren't funding whatevery're up to. By Jennifer O'Connor, retired former nurse. That's our white whale boy. Oh my god, that Russians could be listening. Chrissy, my partner used to work in retail. One day the f pass machine went down. She pulled out the credit card embossing machine also known as the click clack, that big old thing about you still way about ten knos these things. The eighteen and nineteen year olds working that day looked at her like she discovered fire. Why she explained what this ancient thing was? Oh? Is this an episode of antiques road show? Christian. I'm a truck driver. I pick up checks for deliveries every week. Kim, you need a truck for They put them in the boot. You can't cind the tiny little bits of paper truck going into state with checks. Let's take some calls. Good morning, Tom, We're good Tom. So checks are still a thing? Yeah? Absolutely.
Speaker 10: I delivered to businesses, cafes and stuff and someone actually paid yesterday with a check.
Speaker 3: Now is that common thing? Was that only like once or twice a year?
Speaker 12: Tom?
Speaker 10: Not common? That's yeah, maybe one or two a week.
Speaker 5: That's still way more than I would have thought.
Speaker 3: I didn't know it. Still apparently the government are they're phasing about mother. The deadline is twenty thirty, So guys enjoy the last few years were checking. We're in the last heydays. The next five years.
Speaker 5: We've got no checks. By a Brisbane olnic.
Speaker 3: Tom, Thank you very much to store. Let's go to Marry and good morning Marion.
Speaker 10: Good morning guys. There are you're going.
Speaker 3: We're good.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 3: Are you having a good week, Marian?
Speaker 14: Yes, so I have had a very good week.
Speaker 3: Excellent. And now I'm guessing that you my still work in the medium of checks. You've got some checks?
Speaker 14: Yes, you are right. I send chicks to my great grandchildren every year for their birthdays in Christmas.
Speaker 3: Oh blessed tucked inside the card. Yeah, yeah, I used to get that. Myrish grandmother used to do that. Semi a check. Yeah, Cashi is.
Speaker 5: A lot easier for them then going to the banking.
Speaker 3: The Russians can be intercepted by the Ruskies.
Speaker 14: Well, it's better than doing online banking.
Speaker 3: You're not a fan American of online banking. What do you worry about? They're going to take your money? That's that's right, Marian's millions.
Speaker 5: There are a lot of scams online.
Speaker 3: We don't want to see a weeping Marian in a current affair because some radio shows herded to go online with the banking. I don't want to be in that world.
Speaker 14: About eight scam calls a day on my phone?
Speaker 3: You're joking, No, that's awful. You're getting eight to day. I reckon the scam. People are swapping your number going. She's going to break at some point, easy Marians.
Speaker 5: Millions, Marian, I don't even answer no, you don't, you don't know, you don't answering to me. I don't answer unfamiliar numbers.
Speaker 14: Into the maid because it comes up on my phone or it comes up suspected scam.
Speaker 3: Isn't that awful because you're right, A lot of people won't be as sharp as you and they fall for this. They lose their money.
Speaker 14: Charge me on my phone scam or fraud.
Speaker 3: It's going to be our new competition on the show. Got the new one. Let's take it live tomorrow, SCA Marion, thank you very much to calling the show.
Speaker 9: Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: By the way, if there's anyone listened to the show right now who works and runs the MCG or knows somebody high up that does, please get them to email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. We have an idea. We need an inn at the MCG. I remember a couple years ago we tried to hire the MCG and for twenty thousand dollars and I had to agree to host a corporate event at some point in the next twelve months. We could have access to I'm not making this up the car park. Imagine a big, big show this Friday, MCG car parking, a bloody could be car park anywhere and I won't even believe us. We are at the MCG. No, you're not, man, You're just in some dark underground cars.
Speaker 5: It was we wanted to do some sort of kicking competition. The heart of the car park is barely.
Speaker 3: Twenty thousand, two thousand anyway, Is anyone listening who works for the MCG now? Pictures of Kate and just came bounding in and because this morning we've been talking about checks and they are still a thing, won't be able to use them after twenty thirty. She started telling us a story about her family, someone in the family tree involving checks, and it was so incredible the story. It's too good just to waste it in the studio. Other ears need to hear this, Caitlin. So you've been looking into your family history.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I interviewed my great aunts because I wanted to write a family history book, and they were telling me all these fantastic story.
Speaker 3: By the way, what a great thing to do. I wonder if other people have done that. And are you recording it like a journalist?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so back then I was. I was studying journalism, and I thought this would be lovely for the family for Christmas, and I can write anyway. I ended up losing all the audio.
Speaker 5: But I do remember, right, Okay, story lost forever.
Speaker 8: It actually is because they've all passed away. Now It's okay, though, great story to come. So anyway, they were telling me this story about one of our dodgy uncles. He used to go and rent homes and then the guys would chase them and be like, you need to give us your check to pay for your rent. And what he'd do is he'd false a check send it to them, and that night, at midnight, they'd skip the house, chickens, kids, everything all in the back of the cart, and they'd.
Speaker 3: Go to my other arm to leave under the colors with chickens, the noisy than kids, the trail of feathers.
Speaker 1: Uncle.
Speaker 3: My aunt was.
Speaker 8: Telling us his story because she's like, oh, so annoying, Uncle Donnie. You'd always be living at our house because he'd skipped another house the week before, and so he was just known for it.
Speaker 5: Oh god, So did.
Speaker 3: You say there was another story to come?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 8: I mean there's other stories about my family that are pretty dodgy, but that was the main one.
Speaker 3: You got to start your own podcast series, all right, I've just see Storiesmaca. Thank you for that one.
Speaker 9: The Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 3: Right now, the next half. Now, this show is dedicated to one thing only, stories of you piffing various things or something being piffed towards you. It could be an incoming piff, outgoing or incoming piffs. This word came up yesterday when one of you when we were talking about destroying and taking on and fighting inanimal objects, and someone was saying, now that they're one of those big old heavy metallic cake mixes and was clanking and that she just piffed it. She just threw it, which when they weigh a ton, which is quite amazing piffing to do. So today we want more piffs stories. Now we even have made produce. Rio has gone into the studio. Humans have put time out of their day into making this. Please appreciate this is how important we take piffing stories two options. First of all, A if your room bobon, turn on, you must be fit.
Speaker 7: If your mixed muster board respond, you must fit.
Speaker 3: Good, very good sing along everyone. That's a or what about be ah.
Speaker 6: Piffing good, piff it.
Speaker 3: Real good choices. But the thing is we need the stories. Piff it good nine four one four one o four three called the piff line. Now, piffer pats, what have you got for us?
Speaker 4: I was the piffer. So we used to have a cat. A dear old, no.
Speaker 3: No cat, You're not piffing the cat.
Speaker 7: Hear me out.
Speaker 3: Sometimes some of your stories are a little bit rough and ready.
Speaker 4: Hear me out.
Speaker 5: What you think is acceptable in the country isn't always how we sits out the front of the bill.
Speaker 4: I was in the kitchen one evening preparing dinner, and I could hear this god almighty cat fight out in our front garden, like raf really really full on. So I ran out and there was the next door neighbor's cat, this horrible black thing. It was having a go at our cat and had her baled up in the corner of the house out the front verandah, so I got the closest thing, which happened to be the door snake. Swung it up around my head like Kevin she with a guernsey, and like through it. This stupid cat got about six meters away, didn't get the cat hit the fence, cat ran away, and our cat ran away in the other direction.
Speaker 5: So there was still some intended animal cruelty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I just it was designed just to.
Speaker 3: Piff the door snaked, all right, piffer post, what have you got?
Speaker 5: When we were kids, my dad used to hate this next door neighbor who had bought the lot next to us and tore down the house and they were building a new place, and he didn't like that the builders started too early, finished too late, left rubbish out and that sort of thing. So when he was clearing up the dog poo at night, he used to piff the dog poo over the fence into the neighbors pool that didn't have water.
Speaker 3: Poo, piff it good, all right? Then the bases are loaded calling now nine four one four one o four three One more thing you need to know so far this week we haven't given away. When am I talking about one thousand dollars instant cash for Call of the week, it could go to your piff story.
Speaker 9: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Andy, when you get a moment and then good research, please call us back. We need to hear and story about piffing. It involves an actual staircase being piffed. We need to have the story, Andy, nine four one four one o four three. Your story's about piffing something, Carolin, good morning, welcome to the show. Oh, good morning guys, Good morning count in. And what's your piffing story?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 1: I was actually the piffee oh darn.
Speaker 15: And I was working at a cafe in Sankston and a gentleman, who shall we say was it in a chemically altered state right pushed in front of the line and I said to him, you can't do that, you.
Speaker 16: Have to wait.
Speaker 15: And we had we had jars of biscuits on the counter. So he picked up one of the jars of biscuits and threw it at me.
Speaker 3: What my god, I could have really hurt you.
Speaker 15: Well, I did a bit of a Matrix style move, go to the side cookies and jar went flying behind me and smashed and cookies went everywhere, and Hen and I just looked at each other for a few minutes and he turned and walked away.
Speaker 3: You're right, what do you do after that? What's your next move? Genius? Okay, you ruined everyone's cookies as well, and imagine they be customers like scrambling around the floor, tr I get free cookies.
Speaker 13: Cookies.
Speaker 15: Yes, I was nearly guessed by biscuits.
Speaker 3: Count and thank you very much your story. Thanks acre On the show mate. Have a good day you do, bye, Mary, Good morning Mary.
Speaker 16: Yes, hi, guys, I have a piff story that I still cringed about. But it was about thirty years ago. I was at my school Fate and I had lined up and got a really good wrapped up crape to eat, and I was really excited about it. But while I was before I ate it, I went and lined up for the gum boot throwing competition. And so I'm lining up with my gum boot and I had my crape in my hand and guess which one I accidentally keep?
Speaker 3: You started a new event with us, genius, Mary.
Speaker 1: In front of the whole school.
Speaker 16: My rape got in and they had to stop and clean it up.
Speaker 3: And yeah, because they make ahead of a mess of guessing a creep in flight, Being piffed is a mess or that go inside.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I still hint about that.
Speaker 3: Mary, great study, thanks for calling. All right, I's got a Susan now good on and Susan.
Speaker 1: Hi, guys. My husband was a prolific piffer of anything he could get his hands on.
Speaker 3: What a great start for all. This is great, okay. One of his greatest hits are piffing.
Speaker 1: The best one was we were in Tasmania. We had a forball drive at the time when the speed tire was on the roof of the car where we were staying. The side of the hill was very, very sticky. He couldn't walk down it, you'd fall over. We've got a flat tire. He'd climbed on the roof to get the tire off, but he'd undone the tie and then with the nuts and everything, you know the way to before will drive tire. He dropped this thing on his fingers on the.
Speaker 10: Roof of the car.
Speaker 1: He's then with all of his circul might, picked this wheel up threw it down the bank. It gets better, Christians. It bounced like a little kid's toys for about three hundred meters down the bank, and it continued. But the worst part was he had to go and get it because he needed it.
Speaker 3: This is like a Sisyphus reverse. He rolled it down there they were going to go back up the reverse Sisyphus. Incredible.
Speaker 1: I was actually up inside the place where we were staying at the time, and I was watching it from the window and I'm going, I'm not coming outside. I'm not coming outside.
Speaker 3: What if Shane, there's no video of this that would have on Australia's Funniest Home Videos. I'm not saying must have been a strong guy, because chuck it. They put those tis in the gym, don't they to just to flip them. They don't pick one up and chuck it.
Speaker 1: He was quite strong. There's many other things he used to like, we need to crack it with you. Remember how we used to have the wall phones.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yeah, one of them didn't get pissed it.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 1: He used to hang them up and off the wall and then from there the bits would get pissed across the room outside. He only got angry at himself, but and thankfully no one else was every in the way at the time.
Speaker 3: But they picked up and piffed down a mountain in Tasmania and then pushed back up. Listen, Susan, this is such a great story. You've just won one thousand dollars. You're our instant corner of the week.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 3: Open the window. We're going to piff the cash to you right now. It's such a funny story, really really made us laugh. Thank you so much. A pick up the phone sharing that today as well. Enjoy your one thousand dollars.
Speaker 10: Oh we'll do.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for it to be so helpful.
Speaker 3: Great, a lovely start to hear, Susan. Thanks you story. Have a great day.
Speaker 1: Two of those things.
Speaker 3: Every time we hear a great call, we give you one thousand dollars for a call of the week. Or thanks to Mercedes Ben's barrick, they will better any trading price by a minimum twelve percent.
Speaker 9: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 7: Do you have a name that's a pain? A name you always need to explain?
Speaker 6: Well, we've made my name as in game.
Speaker 3: Lines are open now if you want to play. It goes like this, Caller one, what is the clue?
Speaker 5: As in an alcoholic drink beer, wine, spirits?
Speaker 1: No, no, nope, nope, tequila no.
Speaker 10: Do you want a clue. Yes, it's for old people.
Speaker 3: Sherry. Caller two, your clue, please, Mountain everest. Caller three, good morning.
Speaker 14: Say this is my son's name and it's a tart of Australian wood.
Speaker 3: Jeron, we'll played team. There was some good guests in last week. Everybody, Patty you ready.
Speaker 4: I'm ready to go.
Speaker 3: Jackie boy, you prime. Let's do it, all right, let's play it nine four one four one O four three. Obviously we don't know your name. That's the game, so you will be going. Caller one, Caller two, Caller three. By the way, I've just noticed. So I was out making a cup of tea. One of our producers has a like a four foot toilet plunger under their desk. I didn't want to ask Caitlin because you know where you decide just leave it, because I felt like even just talk about will unplunge some chaos. I was just like what anyway? All right? Caller one, good.
Speaker 14: Morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 3: My name is hes in Army rank major sergeant lieutenant general. Yes, which one major major major major? Later?
Speaker 16: No, just I'm not telling.
Speaker 3: You Sue major. Sorry, your name is Sue major something major? You know? I got that.
Speaker 5: Yes, she ain't gonna tell you.
Speaker 3: Go get go, get the puncher. Let's go to corner too. Coller two, good morning.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Christian and Chane.
Speaker 1: My name as in marriage, wedding, hitch todd, damn it?
Speaker 3: Yes, which one wedding hitched wedding you straight away? Usual shame on the tea. There needs to be some resistance. That's like picking up no dumbbell. You need at least a couple of keynoes kill me.
Speaker 5: They did that fairly fus things where it's like marriage reminds you of what word it would be one hundred percent of people saying wedding.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm scared to ask your name now in case we're getting that strange scene now with the mystery major nine four one four one o four three, give us a call. We'll take some calls next.
Speaker 9: Christian O'Connell show gone podcast.
Speaker 3: Brandy time waste to coming up in fifteen minutes time right now. Round two of the name game, as in if your name is a bit of a pain, and whenever you call someone, you always have that go to one line that is very well rehearsed. You have to do it most days of your life. We turn that into the game. You give us the one line, we work backwards, trot to guess what your name is? Nine four one four one o four three. If you're trying to try and catch us out, we ready to go again, Round two, Guy cooler one. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Oh welcome, Thank you, welcome.
Speaker 3: And all right, what's the clue to your name?
Speaker 13: It's nicole as in a bee honey, just.
Speaker 3: A little bit hard.
Speaker 5: What is the kids going on?
Speaker 3: We're doing the demo mojack okay, second on that a right, Thank you very much, Nicole honey. For those that can make up spy name for mostern powers. Good morning corner too, good morning morning.
Speaker 16: My last name as in.
Speaker 17: Karma, chameleon, com boy, George, no culture, nice lizard.
Speaker 5: Does it have anything to do with com a chameleon?
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, cold blooded?
Speaker 5: Oh I am but no tail, scaly karma come?
Speaker 3: Oh oh I meant like chameleon. No karma as in something coming back and then she coming back out.
Speaker 16: Come c O m A a comma.
Speaker 4: Back No another time?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 3: Oh god?
Speaker 5: Shall we come in around the mountain when she comes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the answer.
Speaker 4: Are they here?
Speaker 5: I think Australian sayings, come come a long way from our immigrant homes.
Speaker 16: You might be a bit young, Jack, I think, I think, Patsy, you think you are saying comer.
Speaker 3: Oh you've got no idea now that we're swinging all the pendeum sat going too far the other way? Now, what is the answer?
Speaker 1: Cropper?
Speaker 10: Come a cropper?
Speaker 3: To come a cropper? What does I mean to fall over? Maybe fall on your own humorous dare? I say?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, thank you very much. Reell let's get to call the three. Come morning, Call of three. Hopefully we'll split the difference. Now we're dialing in today, Call the three. Welcome to the name game.
Speaker 14: Hi, my name is.
Speaker 10: In a reboot of a famous.
Speaker 5: Sitcom Frasier The Office, No Joey, No.
Speaker 4: Friends, where the awesome Twins made their debut house Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, sorry, yes.
Speaker 3: Fuller no today? No, Yeah, that's me. You called my name? So your surname is Fuller? Yes, got there, We got that great one. Thank you very much for calling him. Have a good day you too. For some reason, we're going back to cool the one. It's good of four, isn't it? Call a four? Good morning, Good morning all right, then, what's the clue to your name?
Speaker 10: Lion King?
Speaker 5: Cats, no jungle Main, no Pride, Tiger, no.
Speaker 3: Apex, no.
Speaker 12: Simba, no move fast, Oh, dear circle of life.
Speaker 3: These days we have another here.
Speaker 10: Oh, this is usually the go to line that I use at work when people can't understand what my my name?
Speaker 3: No zoo the phone, no wild No.
Speaker 10: As soon as I say, you're going to be like, oh my god.
Speaker 5: Say it lion King.
Speaker 10: No line, you say it?
Speaker 5: Lion Tamer?
Speaker 9: Yes, who.
Speaker 3: Win winter Chicken in a very good skills Lion Tayler. Yeah, your surname Tamer.
Speaker 10: No, my first name is Tamar.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: A lot of people spell it incorrectly. So that's where I use lion Tamer because that's the correct spelling.
Speaker 3: Right, gotcha? Yeah yeah, because I know it's.
Speaker 10: A mere Yeah okay, great, yeah, great man.
Speaker 3: That's why I've got this joke. You know, stuff like that on top of my head. Just come up with it. Others can't. I can't thank you very much. To have a good curve at last, well.
Speaker 9: Done, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Less Flaggon More Dragon. You'd have to have a pretty good knowledge of many of your references to.
Speaker 5: That want to work flagging something you drink.
Speaker 3: It was a medieval drinking vessel.
Speaker 5: Yes, a flag, and I am sick of of those flaggings.
Speaker 3: But there we are. Let's flag you more dragon. All right, let's get into today's time waste, so slightly different one still a prize up for grabs, gold class double pass. Thanks in village cinemas. Your slogan you come up with your next five minutes could be on the next billboard for this radio station. So this radio station, big marketing campaign. You might have seen it all round town. Looks great. They've got this slogan to do with the music, less drama, more navana, less tete, more green day. So ideally they rhyme.
Speaker 5: Yes, they're the best. Ones are the ones that rhyme, and it simply takes something people don't like and give them something more of the bands they do, like, what.
Speaker 3: Do you got there? Positive reinforcement is in the behavior you want and punishing the behavior you don't want. Read My parents in book. That is not how I've done. Just say yes to everything. That's the time my one yay.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 5: I wonder what is the harshest punishment you've ever given your daughters. I can't affection.
Speaker 3: I am really a loss. And if you've been a dad for twenty years, ask my wife. It's a regular argument. You're too soft on them. It's just fun to say yes, all right. Marketing Slogans's less many more Paul Kelly gold less, bad back more, Fleetwood Mac silver plus less, Sorenee more Whitney silver less, Thrush, oh more, Jennifer Rush.
Speaker 5: Silver plus.
Speaker 3: No one wants thrush like a bit of power love Jennifer Rush Less, traffic jam altogether now more Paul jam gold less, nasty rash, Oh, stop it.
Speaker 4: With the human conditions.
Speaker 3: More the clash, gold less stink more. You got it all right, Jackie boy, Let's save our station. What marketing have you got for?
Speaker 5: Gold less boardroom meeting more? Ronan Keating, Oh I love it. Le's gold less politics more Stevie Nicks.
Speaker 3: These are actually very good gold.
Speaker 5: Less stepping in pooh more Blink one eighty two okay less fans of Collingwood more, Frankie goes to Hollywood.
Speaker 3: That's very good, very good gold plus.
Speaker 5: And then I was working over time to get a Bruce Springstay one.
Speaker 3: There's a bonus side one for anyone who can get a good Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 5: I failed, lets getting fired by your boss more, I'm on fire by the Boss.
Speaker 3: No, it's really hard to get Springsteen one. You've got to do it on the Boss. I'm guessing bonus prize for anyone that can land that one.
Speaker 9: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Right now, all over town, big billboards for this radio station. The Boss and the brains here they come up with these slogans, less drama, more Nirvana, less hate, more green day, today's time waster, what have you got? Thank you very much for playing this. Over the last week and a half, it has been the number one gLing we've been playing during the show, even during the day. I keep thinking of other ones.
Speaker 5: You actually can't stop playing.
Speaker 3: It's it's like a kind of earworm. It's going to burrow into your mind. All right, let's get into them. Less mark, you mark, and more Dancing in the dark, gold less grievance, more credence. I want to play some now, Haley. That's a great one. Less Carl, more silver, less clangers, more bangers, gold less chizzle, more chiseled, silver dam well done, less chit chat, more nickelback, bron Less, shite more, Barry White. I mean I'd read tune if I read that about Station Gold Here, Sam, this is a great one Less, Pauline More Hansen, Oh that's really good. He's clever, but said this really made me laugh. Let's pull my finger more powder fingers. That's very good gold Listen rosebud Less, farting More, Ricky Martin, silver Less, I need to clean more, Bruce Springsteen, Silver Yeah Less, ear is in pain more Shania Twain, silver h No Fox music, I'm not nineteen play more music like the great Springsteen quite a lot now. I like Bronze Less, Billie Eilish More, Billy Idle, silver Less, hip hop, More's easy top Tony Let's e d M more r e M very good. Sam. We don't give a toss. We play the Boss silver Some Kelly Less country Bumpkin, what smashing.
Speaker 9: On?
Speaker 3: Joe Less now biting more, kung Fu fighting some let this criss cross more, the Boss, silver Less, gout More, no doubt, silver Bath very good, Jody, all right, there's still incoming. There are loads of these jack at the moment. Then, I'm sure we're going to get more today. Who is best in show.
Speaker 5: The best today, there were so many good ones. The best today was Let's pull my finger more powder finger.
Speaker 3: That's Melissa, well done, congratulations. Last song for us this morning.
Speaker 9: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Keith is coming. I guarantee this. There'll be no productivity at work today. You'll be doing this Inferno game. You can't get out your head. I don't know when my mind's going to be clear again. I think I've actually lost my mind to it. Let's talk about tomorrow's show. We'll have the Naked out that's going to be here tomorrow and we'll have review. It was good enough for the world's number one tennis player, Yannick Sinner? Is it good enough for me? Tonight at six o'clock on behalf of this radio show and all you listeners. I will dedicate sometime if I must, and I must to try this pizza that Janick Sinner likes so much that he drove from the CBD to baw Morris. There's a trip of around fifteen minutes round about an hour. So this week Rio came in producer Rea when he was saying one of his friends claims that he saw Yanick Sinner joining a pizza and a pizza Rea in Bau Morris and we were like, come on, you know he could have one. A fine chef Johnny from Grady can come in and make it for him. He's the world's number one tennis player. Then a load of you said no, no, no, he goes there. He really likes it. Someone sent me a proof of the photo of two smiling proprieties with the world number one tennis player, Yanick Cinner. So I thought, I'm going to go along. And it's only fifteen minutes when I live. I go to a website yesterday and then one of these places where you can't book a table online, you know, you gotta call them. So it's about four o'clock and I think I'm guessing it'd be an arts machine. No, very charmingly excitable Italian man, one of the owners, Antonio. I start chatting to Antonio and I really want to try this pizza, and he goes, wait a minute, you go in the radio, and I go, yeah, yeah, he goes. He goes at the end of the day, someone send us and he starts. I actually thought the TV was on the background with a woman talking. There was a woman's voice suddenly was very loud. Right. And then in a couple of seconds later, I'm chatting to his wife. He goes, Julia god Won of fop by three and he goes, someone sent us a link to the podcast yesterday and we were laughing to this who we make the pizza and the doll? It's the man now, I can't believe it. And he goes, can he speak to my wife? She's finding this incredible, and like, OK, I just want to.
Speaker 5: Know what time can I come in for a Peter.
Speaker 3: Speak to his wife Julia? Right, And here's the story. Right, six years ago they had a place in South Yarra and Annick Sinner comes in once because he's heard they do great pizza every year since then for six years. And he's then he must have been only like eighteen or something. He has come from it. So they've relocated note to bo Morris. They've been there I think about two years. His team literally texted and going where's the new address? They now drive out to bow Morris. So what does he have? I want that tomorrow because well he's got his own pizza. It's the Yannick Sinner go, great, what is it? It's marguerite with proscutio. It's not exactly didn't invent it? Yeah, so tonight, and I'm going to buy one as well to bring it in for tomorrow morning. Now I know it'd be cold pizza. Have we got any way to warm it up? What have we got?
Speaker 7: Many people in the office use the sandwich toaster to.
Speaker 3: Crisp Antonio, the guy's a very proud, very proud calibration. He won one pizza been ruined like that. It's not a toasty We had a.
Speaker 5: Wood fire pizza oven.
Speaker 3: Where is it?
Speaker 7: I mean it could be long gone, it could.
Speaker 3: Be not far away with the cash pole. Has anyone got a camping oven? No, Caitlin, have you've got a camping of him?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 8: I have a wood fire pizza oven. And goden' he that's too.
Speaker 3: Big and listen, that's what we need, that kind of thinking.
Speaker 8: But we also have an air fry well, we don't kiss. Does they have an air fryer in their fancy kitchen?
Speaker 5: We so gold that gold microphone ring in the wood five pizza of it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? How is it?
Speaker 8: No? It's pretty small, like you can take a camping poppet. I could pop it here, but it's a gas so I have to do it outsider.
Speaker 5: That's fine. No, No, you can use a gas insie, can't you?
Speaker 8: Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: On behalf of management. Absolutely not us in the morning when we're a little bit tired and fumbly. Anyway, it's a miracle that lets near microphones, gas canisters, radio stations that you don't want those two meeting now, So we have to go out the front of the building to make it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and it.
Speaker 8: Actually does take about thirty minutes just to heat up to four hundred degrees.
Speaker 7: But that all right.
Speaker 3: We'll start turn it on at six and then mama eight, it'll be cooking at a good temperature. You can have your pizza.
Speaker 8: It'll be done in sixty seconds. It's that temp.
Speaker 3: I'm back tomorrow morning with a Yannick Sinner
Speaker 9: But Christian O'Connell Show podcast