Speaker 1: Welcome back to TV Reload. This is my third bonus episode featuring a quick chat with I'm a celebrity's latest dejectee, Alie Simpson. You might recognize this talented girl from her famous last name, being the sister of Cody Simpson. You might have also bought her music, possibly heard her Disney podcast, or even remember Justin Bieber once had a crush on her. But it's her time in the jungle that has Ossie saying, what a bloody legend. Allie certainly had her work cut out for her during this season's challenges, navigating insects and snakes, but also avoiding difficult love triangles. I simply enjoyed every moment we saw of today's guests, and I guess that's why she continues to influence her millions of followers online. I'd like to welcome to the show Alie Simpson.
Speaker 2: I had no idea I was like part of this love triangle.
Speaker 1: She has more than four million followers on social media.
Speaker 3: People sort of ask me that kind of question, you know, when it comes to Cody.
Speaker 1: Please welcome Allie Simpson.
Speaker 3: He was really shocked to know that I accepted it. To be honest, and that I want to to do the show.
Speaker 2: Hey guys and Alie Simpson and I'm here with a steamer. I think I'm a little bit traumatized.
Speaker 1: Say hello to your newest camp mate, Allie sits O.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, I'm gonna do I'm gonna bite the bullet and like step outside of my comfort zone.
Speaker 2: And I'm so happy I did it.
Speaker 1: Now, Allie, what an experience you've just had going into the jungle. Have you actually started to recover from all of those creepy crawlies.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm only just starting to recover now.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 3: There was a giant spider in my hotel room this morning, and I still like lost my kit a little bit, so I think it might be a little bit of PTSD that's really lingering.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. Yeah, I'm still a little bit rattled.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I just to mention this, you know, sprider crawling into your hotel room and you just being knowing how to deal with it. Oh, well that's nothing. Crawl into bed with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See, you think I would be like that.
Speaker 3: I wish I was like that, But I think I'm a little bit traumatized. I'm like, no, no, I'm keeping my distance over one point five meters, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Now, you said that you cried a fair bit throughout your time in the jungle. What was your biggest trigger?
Speaker 2: Day two was the hardest for me.
Speaker 3: I think it was the realization that, Okay, I'm here, I'm going to be here for a while. I really needed to settle in, you know, being without my family and my friends, and that was the hardest thing for me.
Speaker 2: I think it wasn't really like being without my phone.
Speaker 3: I think it was more so I'm just so close to my family and I talked to them all the time, and I hadn't really like settled into camp yet, you know, because everyone else had been in there for eight days already and had their sort of group, so I felt like a little bit.
Speaker 2: Of an outsider. So it was a little bit harder for me.
Speaker 3: But once I sort of had that breakdown, everyone just opened up to me and knew that they felt the same way on day two, Day three and just like welcome me with open arms.
Speaker 2: So it ended up being being okay.
Speaker 1: Well, it was sort of an extrange experience watching you go in because you know you are close to your family, and you have a very famous brother. What sort of questions did the camp mates keep asking you about him?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I definitely got a lot of questions about Cody, sort of about you know, our history and what we've sort of been through growing up and all that kind of stuff, and like in entertainment so young obviously got a lot of questions about is dating life, So that was just expected. I know your brother was dating Miley Cyrus, Yeah, which is not something I would normally know, but I know that.
Speaker 1: I think what was also funny is that, you know, for so many people, they know that you know, your brother dated Miley Cyrus, so everyone has their own experience of Marley Cyrus. For me, personally, every Saturday night, my partner I actually put on Miley Cyrus music video clips and we pretend we're friends with her and we dance around our lound. Have you ever had a chance to dance with Marley Cyrus around your lound room in real life?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I mean around her lounge room. I mean I was staying with them over in the States.
Speaker 3: I was filming a movie there in March at the beginning of last year, and was able to sort of spend a lot of time, you know, with her and Cody, and it was really nice. She's super fun and you know, super going, so it was Yeah, it was a really awesome time.
Speaker 1: She's a great girl, needless to say. You know, your reality TV experience was quite different to your brothers, you know, being that he was on the mask singer. I want to know that was there pressure for you to win? Like are you a very competitive family?
Speaker 3: We're really not, Like if anything were the opposite, Like a lot of people sort of ask me that kind of question, you know, when it comes to Cody, but and same goes like when it comes to me. But I mean, I'm like Cody's biggest fan, so like I'm proud to say, you know, he's my brother, Like I get excited about that. And when he succeeds, like nothing makes me more excited. Like we just get so stoked for each other when good things happen. So like there really is no like there's nothing competitive about our family whatsoever.
Speaker 1: What did he have to say about you being in there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 3: He was really shocked to know that I accepted it, to be honest, and that I wanted to do the show. Because he was like there's no way because he knows, like how how real my fears are of cockroaches and spiders and stuff. We're not doing that show. Like he literally couldn't believe it. So he was just so excited to hear I came out. And I think it was a bit shocked to watch a few of my trials because it was kind of kind of surreal.
Speaker 1: How did you actually end up on the show? Because you know that a lot of people ask about how you get onto them. You know, did it come out of the blue for you? Was it something that you kind of always wanted to do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was definitely something.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've watched it a bunch of times before and I always enjoyed watching the show, but like I almost it sometimes because.
Speaker 2: I was so afraid of what was on there.
Speaker 3: So I always like watch it in like admiration of the other, like celebrities that had done it before, and I was like, that would be really interesting to do one day. And it obviously it just came across for me through my agency at the end of last year and I was like, Okay, I feel like this is meant to be, you know, And there was part of me that was like, oh, I'm not sure if I want to do it, but I was like, no, I'm going to do I'm going to bite the bullet and like step outside of my comfort zone. And I'm so happy I did it now because it was it was definitely like transformative.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And you have one of the biggest social media followings out of all the celebrities in the Jungle this year. How did you manage to keep this experience from all of your loyal followers? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: I was dying to tell them all because especially like because I couldn't really mention it until like because my clues and stuff were going to come out. So I was dying because I'm obviously like so open with my followers. So it was like something I wanted to come straight out of the jungle and be like, can you guys believe.
Speaker 2: What I just did?
Speaker 3: But they were all so excited once I'd aired on TV, and it was just it was really awesome, and all my followers enjoyed it a lot, so it's been a great response.
Speaker 1: I'm one of them. I enjoyed it. I've been following you for a long time and I thought it was great. I saw the ad come up and you know, they didn't reveal you, but you just got to see you from and I did. I don't know if you saw that on so ship you followed me as soon as I tweeted, is I tweeted?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, oh no, that's Alie Simpson. I've got it. I've got this one in the back.
Speaker 2: That was the best. What a legend.
Speaker 1: Did you already have any personal relationships existing before meeting all of these celebrities, Like, did you actually know any of them?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I knew.
Speaker 2: I knew a handful of them.
Speaker 3: I'd known Jack Virgin for a while because he was obviously making music in LA around the same time Cody was, so we knew each other, so that was really nice. I obviously knew of Grant. I knew of Abby as well because we had a few mutuals. We sort of like followed each other on social media already, so I was abviously excited to see her and like get to know her as a person. I'd met Ash before, and then a few others like I'd met a few times, I didn't really.
Speaker 2: Know that well, and then there was a few I didn't know at all.
Speaker 3: So it was really sort of a nice mix, and we just got to know each other really well and now we're all like super close friends.
Speaker 2: It's awesome.
Speaker 1: How did you manage to navigate your relationship with both Ash and Abby because you know, on paper for the viewers, it kind of looked like this was being set up as a love triangle before it even started.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean as soon as I went in, like Abby had obviously told me that she'd been cuddling with Ash, and I got so excited because I'm like, what's the jungle tea?
Speaker 2: Like I need to know, because like this is so fun.
Speaker 3: Like I was there for the drama, that's for sure, But obviously as soon as I walked in and then watching it back, I actually didn't.
Speaker 2: I had no idea I was like part of this love triangle.
Speaker 1: I love them the.
Speaker 2: Newbie.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, in all seriousness, it was like more time.
Speaker 3: You know, like I basically had no control over. I watched it back and I was like, oh my god, I know it is. So it was funny, like I was messaging them after just being like I had I was oblivious, So it was really really funny. But I've met Ash like a bunch of times before, like he's a friend of mine and I love Abby, So it was just really fun to sort of see how they played out.
Speaker 1: And I guess a lot of things get said about, you know, relationships off screen and on screen. You know, you know, we love in the media to speculate, what's the biggest lie You've ever heard about yourself? During this experience? Was there anything you saw in the media that went, what that that's not true?
Speaker 3: I think I've been one of the lucky ones for nothing sort of not true to come out like everything that's sort of been written about me that There's been no ridiculous rumors or anything either. So it was like I was trying to be involved in the drum, but not too involved, So I think I steered clear of any any bad rumors or anything like that.
Speaker 1: I actually think that your response from the Australian public was one of the most endearing to watch because for a lot of young people, you know, they obviously know who you are, but then for audiences who might have grown up watching Tony Perrin and then got a chance to get to know you, you seem to have a really positive experience. Yeah, are you surprised to see so many people.
Speaker 3: I've been so thrilled with the way Australia has sort of accepted me, and you know, I do have obviously a younger audience, and it's been sort of really nice to have mums reach out and say that, you know, I could be inspiring to their daughters, and you know, it's been messages like that that have just been really eye opening for me, and that means the world to me. So I think it's just been a really awesome experience for me, and I'm so glad that Australia has been able to sort of see a new side of me, and in people that didn't know me has sort of seen the real me and are so accepting of it, and it's just been so special for me.
Speaker 1: This is a tricky question for you, but had the show involved nominations, Yeah, you know, if you had the chance to nominate, could you tell me who you give one point to save and one point to evict out of all the camp mates.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I couldn't even imagine what I would do because I'm like too nice, Like I could physically not like evict someone like I just I would cry.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, I don't I love you? Though?
Speaker 3: Like this doesn't mean I don't want you to be in the jungle, Like I would hate that so much. I honestly, there wouldn't be anyone that I'd be like, Okay, you're out of here, because like there was just no one I had any conflict with, Like I know there was some people that had a few conflicts and or you know, we were some group, like everyone just loved each other and it was almost strain. But for points, I mean, I give definitely give a point to Grant Daniel. I think like and especially watching him back on the show, I think we've just been such a well he's first of all, so hilarious and he's really made the show, and then like watching him be to so vulnerable and open about his life struggles. I think a lot of people are learning from him and you know, being able to talk about their struggles thanks to him as well.
Speaker 2: So I just think what he's doing is amazing.
Speaker 1: We've already just seen Simon come out of the jungle last night. But from the people that are remaining in the show at this particular point, who do you think Australia would like to see win?
Speaker 3: There's oh man, I mean I'd be happy to see anyone win, and I think, like, for me, everyone's playing for such amazing charities, so whoever's gonna win, Like we all said that to each other, and they're like, whatever happens happens, because like we'd be so happy for like whatever charity was going to get the donation, because like everyone's playing for so many amazing things. So I mean, I don't know, Like so many people contributed to camp in their own ways. Like I wish I could be like more brutal and be like this person, this person, but I just like I just can't.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I love everyone.
Speaker 1: You're too Switzerland for everyone. Now, walking out of the jungle, have you taken away any weird souvenirs out?
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't get any souvenirs because we couldn't really take anything of our own in And then when we went to the elimination nights, like the ejection nights, we really only took our backpack, and you know, we get ejected into the into the swamp, so everything you had to sort of leave behind or it was going to get wet, so you couldn't actually like leave with anything physical because then you just get sent home. So Lin the just send all your sort of backpack and camp get to you later on.
Speaker 2: So unfortunately didn't get to keep anything fun. I wish I did nothing at all. I really wanted to. I really liked that hat.
Speaker 1: That's so surprising that they don't let you keep those those outfits. I mean, they'd probably be smelling pretty bad, but well, that'd be nice to have them.
Speaker 3: They would they would send them to us once we were announced, because like they didn't want me obviously walking around like the Gold Coast and of Ali's shirt before I was heed. I think they kept us from out from our outfits until the show's done.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Well, I just want to say thank you so much for your time. You've been so generous to talk to me today. You were so fantastic to watch on the show, and I hope that we'll get to see more of you.
Speaker 2: Definitely, thank you so much. It was good to chat