Speaker 1: She's on the Money.
Speaker 2: She's on the Money.
Speaker 3: My name's Satasha Bamblet. I'm a proud First Nations woman and I'm here to acknowledge country. Hello, beautiful friends, we gather on the lands of the Aboriginal people. We thank acknowledge and respect the Aboriginal people's land that we're gathering on today. Take pleasure in all the land and respect all that you see. She's on the Money podcast acknowledges culture, country, community and connections, bringing you the tools, knowledge and resources for you to thrive.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome to She's on the Money. The podcast is helping you have more confident money chats more often. I'm be excited and joining me today is the wonderful Jess Ricky. We're bringing back something special at the moment, and do you want to intro it?
Speaker 1: I mean you might have seen the title already, the acclaimed fan favorite being JAQ and I. I'm giggling excat off anyone actually joined it last time, and.
Speaker 2: That like the B and JQ and A is like that's something for us. It was like everyone else will be like, Okay, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's the Beck and Jess Q and A. We've got as to your ques, You've got cues for at A exactly right. I'm waiting to answer them now. We may not get around to all of them. So if the question didn't make it into this episode, please do keep sending them through to us on the Shoes and the Money socials or in our dms. We love them. We can comment on this episode and we'll gather them all together. But I've got quite a fun list and it's a good mix. Today. We've got a few financy ones, a few random ones which you and I both do seem to love. Yeah, but I'll kick us off with a very fun one which is from A brook and who said, what reality TV show do you think you would do well at? Oh my goodness, I was gonna say you'd make great reality TV. I think you'd be so fun on TV.
Speaker 2: Just say it's so sweet.
Speaker 1: I think you would too.
Speaker 2: You'd be so like I think if you were and this this is not the question, but if you're in prison.
Speaker 1: You would be.
Speaker 2: I think you would accidentally be like you'd be ruling the roost, you know what you really would be.
Speaker 1: I don't I fear I would be too scared. No, I'm not. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You would accidentally be the head of that household, you know, like some.
Speaker 1: Brook Windom Energy maybe or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hell yeah, But no reality TV show. I think everyone would like to think that they would be good at Survivor.
Speaker 1: Why was I thinking Survivor? I would not be good at Survivor the records.
Speaker 2: I just don't think either. But I think that I would be good on like I don't know if anyone knows the Trust or the Secret Millionaire's like very netflixy, I don't know. There's just like ones where like You're it's kind of like Big Brother. I think I would do okay on Big Brother.
Speaker 1: You'd be great on Big Brother? Oh be so good to beg for Big Brother?
Speaker 2: You apply for it? Answer so many questions, Not that I've applied every year, but please let me hunt the show.
Speaker 1: Have you applied before?
Speaker 2: I have applied before.
Speaker 1: That's so far and no, never heard back.
Speaker 2: End your turned.
Speaker 1: I don't think I would be good for reality TV. I think I'm so nervous and introverted that I wouldn't be good at all. So I was really racking my brains. I feel like I may have said this before. But if I had to pick one, I would pick like a Dancing with the Stars's so fun to learn a dance every week and wear a sparkly costume, or maybe like a master chef. But I can't cook. I can only bake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, British Bake Off. Oh my god, I'd be good.
Speaker 1: On the Great British Breakup.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Nothing screams just for me like Great British Fake Off. That would be so cute.
Speaker 1: And if I could do a fun one where they you have sometimes they get celebrities, like that would be a fun episode, Like not that I'm a celebrity, but it would be a fun episode to be around actual celebrities.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they'd be so cute.
Speaker 1: So if anyone worked in TV production, land, call us call Us.
Speaker 2: The next one comes from Casey, who says, what's your go to comfort homemade meal?
Speaker 1: That's a good one, so homemade. If I'm sick, I'm making two boiled eggs with soldiers and an orange juice because that's what my mom used to make me when I was sick, Like a dippy egg. Yeah at the top of delicious, but as an adult, my comfort meal when I'm sick. It's giving home. Maybe it's not. There's a local restaurant. I don't actually know what cuisine it is specifically, but they do a crispy fried noodle and then it comes with like almost a broth with veg I get it vegetarian. Yeah, So it's like a you know, broccoli and all these things that's really yummy. And so the veggies are all steamed and then in this delicious like saucy mixture and then you pour that over the crispy noodles and the noodles go soft, and it's like just so wholesome, comforting, like feels good. It's got lots of veggies in it, Like I just feel good after I've eaten it. I think to myself all the time because sadly, a lot of businesses are closing where I live, like a lot of local restaurants and stuff. And I was like, if this restaurant ever goes out of business, I am going to be absolutely devastated. Yeah, because it's like they just call it a crispy combination noodle. Oh so it's not even like I can google it and find what it is. I love it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they can never close because I need it. That's my sick food.
Speaker 2: Can you send me the name of that place because it sounds delicious? Absolutely, my one is. And I used to be made fun of for this because it sounds disgusting, but I promise it is. It's actually so good. I get like a big you know, the big cans of red salmon or pink salmon, red salmon if it's in my budget, and I like open it, and then I make a miggring and I keep the hot water in there. It's not like keeps the hot water, but it's like soupy. And then I dump the whole with all the juice, the whole can of salmon into the migring and it is so I promise you so good. It is so delicious. And then maybe a fried egg on top. And I know that all the combination of the salmon in a can and the fried egg and the migring, it sounds gross, but I promise you please try. It's delicious. It's really really good. That's probably my go to home cooked meal.
Speaker 1: I love that we both love a noodle. That's kind of fun. True, all right, one that's kind of let's say financi. It's not, but she's in the money. Related is from Macy who said what are your job titles or job roles? And she's on the money. I love the mixing personality between you guys, which is so nice. Thank you, thank you Macy. I could do some because I think a lot of people don't know this true. You don't actually work for shoes on the mone No, I don't.
Speaker 2: Isn't that wild? And also it's scary because I'm like, oh, I guess you guys could be like, oh, don't come in anymore, and I would never would never, you would never, I would never.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, very important, very valuable.
Speaker 2: But it is scary when you're like, I guess, like freelancing, maybe it's what I'm I guess that's what I'm doing here. I don't work for you guys, but I am usually a video producer, and I'd say I'm going on like three four months now of really not being able to find a job, but just freelancing as a video producer. So if anyone knows of any video editing, video producing, social media whatever roles, even anything, yeah, that's kind of what I do. I was working with iHeart and gold FM.
Speaker 1: That's how you came into our stratosphere.
Speaker 2: That's how we all met. And then yeah, just kind of life goes on and things move around, we all remain. We come here and meat and I think it's really beautiful. And yourself.
Speaker 1: My official title, I think is Content and Partnerships Manager. Yeah, okay, manager Partnerships, which is not that exciting, but I do it.
Speaker 2: So the next one from Rihanna, I really like this one. What is your favorite weird flavor combo? Example, mango and soy sauce, avo and veggimite.
Speaker 1: Mango and soy sauce is a crazy one. I don't think I've ever met anyone. I also have a crazy one. Okay, this comes from my childhood. I would take a glass of coke or now is enjoy. It would be a glass of Persy Max some freshly pop popcorn, yes, popcorn in the coke, just swizzling around this spoon, and then you pull it out with the spoon and eat it like cereal. And the crazy thing is, okay, I know at least one other person in the world does this because I learned this because one of my friends did it as a kid.
Speaker 2: Oh, so they're out there spreading the word.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, I'm going to grown adult, so it's not something I do often, but every now and again I'll do it and it is really yummy. It gets soft, Yeah, it gets soggy.
Speaker 2: You keep it in the coke.
Speaker 1: Just quit. It's like a dunk like I throw it in swizzle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, understood.
Speaker 1: Cereal crazy Cereal texture basically wow. Okay.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like you like it because you grew up with it?
Speaker 1: I think so. I think it's just like a like it's salty. Yeah, I don't know. As I'm explaining it, I fully acknowledge that it sounds absurd. That's the weirdest one I've got.
Speaker 2: I learned from a friend. But she makes a meso oat. I would personally think that oats are like, you know, you brown sugars, your milks, You're like, I know, I'm thinking like a swim eat treat wreckfast. Yeah, But she puts miso in her oats and has like boiled eggs in it, and I think it's it's delicious. It's really delicious and maybe like a some sort of green. Maybe it's like a spinach. But like, break me if I'm wrong, But spinach has changed in my lifetime. It used to be like the big chunky stalks, but now it's like spinach is little lee, little Lee's No, it used to be big. Sure, I'm so sure, even like Popeye. Look at Popeye, he's eaten spinach like that big green What is that? How do I find it? And what's it called? But anyway, definitely was not that before. And so I'm thinking that big hearty green leafy spinach and miso oats and a jammy boiled egg? Crazy?
Speaker 1: Do you refer to a runny boiled egg as jammie?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: What's it called runny?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is that a queenslandthe No?
Speaker 2: Maybe it is because my friend calls it Jamie and she's Queensland. So there you go.
Speaker 1: That's so interesting.
Speaker 2: What do you call it? Runny?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: A runny eggs? Oh my god? To people call it a dippy egg. Dippy egg that's what Victoria calls it. Yeah, dippy eg.
Speaker 2: Oh my god's cute, very cute. Okay, out to you? What do I call it? Well, I've really lost myself. I think I called it a running egg. Usually, God, I've been learning a.
Speaker 1: Lot here today. Next time that I've got is from Oh I'm so sorry. I'm gonna butcher your name, Nil Yak. Maybe do you think that sounds right?
Speaker 2: That sounds right, beautiful, perfect.
Speaker 1: Who wants to know? What have we learned from each other since we started working together?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a really cute question.
Speaker 2: That is a really cute question. And obviously I've learned from yourself and Victoria that I think that was just so scared of money before I started, And I think I was also scared of like maybe I would feel as though my money story or my lack of money would make me appear a certain way socially and societally. But I've learned that it's not true that everyone has this idea of money. It's like people who are super rich, can you know, kind of see money in this way that's like socially, we'll still all get along, basically, is what I'm trying to say. And I think that's really beautiful because us we came here together on this podcast. It's like if we met out in the world, who knows. But then we are like set sitting here, we're talking to each other, and we're like, oh, we're all just the same. And I think it's really beautiful. But obviously you've taught me so much about money as well, and like, but how the way I'm viewing it is maybe not very sustainable and not gonna like serve me in the future. So god, so many things I've learned from you, guys.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've learned so much from you as well. I think the biggest one is you have this wonderful way of looking at things with such an open mind and heart, do you know what I mean? Like you, I feel like we both have this experience where being on a podcast, I find it very anxiety inducing sometimes because there's this and it's not from our community, but there's this modern thing. I think I've seen people refer to it as what about meism? Yeah, bean soup thing is what they call it. On TikTok Whees, someone will post a recipe for bean soup and someone will say, well, I don't like beans, so what can I use instead? And it's the idea that, like everything you're sharing must appeal to every single person who could possibly ever listen to it here at see it whatever totally, which is extremely hard to do. But I think what you are so good at is you are just naturally so inclusive, do you mean, Like the easiest example I can think of to give is like when we're talking about maybe somebody's money deliver and they write in and I will always look at things through my own lens of like, well, I have a boyfriend and I live like this, and this is jadata. Whereas you're so inclusive with your language, you're so you look at things from so many perspectives as well, like you so easily are very open minded, and you go, well, you could be seeing this, you could be experiencing this, and then you you tack that onto the answers that you give. Whereas I feel like I'm getting better, but it just doesn't come as naturally to me. I feel like I'm always too selfish in that way. And whereas you're so good at putting yourself in somebody else's shoes and like their experience and their thoughts and stuff.
Speaker 2: That is so sweet. Thank you so much for saying that.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 2: God, you're really amazing at that too. I think that like you're amazing at it, and you're a lot more succinct or like the way you word things is because I fear that I just ramble so much when I'm like, oh, I haven't thought about this, and so I better, I have better enter this real and I'm like, oh my god's a quick way to do that. But you're so right, and I think that I get really paranoid about like if I was to say something that is probably objectively true, like yeah, I think I've said this for like, eating your own poo is kind of gross, but there might be someone out there listening that's like I love eating my own poo. That makes me feel really sad. And then I'm like, I would be devastating to know that I've made someone sad because I've said some in this way that's like objective and so like black and white, and I don't want to ever exclude anyone. Yeah, thank you, that's really sweet. Oh my god, my one was boring compared to yours, and so sorry. This one is from Liira, who says why am I scared of changing my money story when I know it could be so much healthier.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's probably psychology behind it, like there's safety or comfort in what you know. Yeah, I think making change is hard, especially I think money is such a deeply personal thing and exactly as you were saying before. A lot of us feel anxiety or shame or stigma or all of these things around money because we are all shown a traditional pathway to success. I think there's like a very clear and it has changed a little bit with time, but you know, go back to our parents generation, it was okay, well, you go to university and you get a good job, and you get married and you have two kids, and you take a holiday once a year and did it. And it was like just a very clear linear path. And while that path has opened up more, I think there are still very traditional markers of success that people uphold as the gold standard doing, like a good job or a good salary. You can't see me, but I'm using talking marks. And so I think that wanting to change your money story is scary because you have to admit that you want something more. You have to put yourself out there. Which there's also this for me myself personally, there's this fear of failure that I feel a lot of the time, I feel like I'm behind, and so making a change requires you to say I want more. And firstly, sometimes people shame you for that, Like there's the tall poppy syndrome is very much a real thing, and people say, well, you should be happy with what you have for you to do that, So there's you're fighting against that, but also in saying you want more, you're putting yourself out there. You run the risk of failing. Most people do fail, or most people do fall off the horse. Most people we will build up their savings and then have to spend them or build up their investments and then get nervous and pull it out. There are so many opportunities to quote unquote fail that it's scary to put yourself in that situation because we all are trying to uphold this impossible standard that we see online on social media or in the normal news and stuff, and it feels like an overbearing weight sometimes. And I think all of those things I'm straying really far from the original question, but all of those things overlay over the top, so that when you do try to make a change, be it financial, be it something different, it can feel scary and overwhelming because you go, well, I don't want to fail, and I don't want people to laugh at me, and oh my god, well what if I can't do it? And all of this doubt from all of these pressure creeps in. But I think if you break it down, you know you want to change your money story incredible. Everybody deserves better, everybody deserves more, Like we all are entitled to live the best, most wonderful, most fulfilling life that we can. Yeah, and I think wanting more, wanting change is really positive. Break it down into small steps so that it feels less overwhelming. That would be what I would recommend.
Speaker 2: I love that, I completely agree. It's also sometimes a bit scary to be like how far does this go? When you're like, I haven't even looked at my finances. I don't know what the trajectory of my life looks like financially. And then if you start kind of like brushing off the dust of your financial story and your finances right now, then you're like, how much is there to uncover? How much is there to learn? How bad of a position am I in that I maybe I don't know yet, And it's just like a scary thing to explore, but like, yeah, just exactly like one step at a time, small little goals. And if you're not interested in it, that's the other things. Sometimes you're not like obsessed with something, so you just don't care. It's like mental effort to like think about it. But if you're not obsessed with it, that's okay. Just do the little things you need to do to make sure you're not gonna, I don't know, be in a really bad financial position later. It doesn't have to be a whole world, but yeah, just tackle things bit by bit.
Speaker 1: Bit by bit, step by step. That's it, beautiful. Well, we're gonna take a really quick break, but when we come back, we're gonna be answering more of your burning questions that don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, everyone. So this week's episode, if you're just joining us, is a special edition of Q and A with B and J. So we've been answering some of your questions, some left of center, some a little bit more financy. I guess we'll just jump straight back into it. So the next one comes from Tina, who says, do you have any advice for someone wanting to make money online and move away from a nine to five?
Speaker 1: My big one is don't fall into the trap. There are so many people online who are selling you courses who it's so easy to quit your nine to five and da da da, I can do this, that and the other. By my course, I'm not saying it's always scam because there are some great online courses out there. We sell some online courses which are fantastic. But I think a lot of the people who you see online jumping up and down saying, oh my god, I make fifty thousand dollars a month from selling things online. I'm not disclosing either that that is correct because there's no regulation around that, or I'm not disclosing that the bulk of their money is coming from selling people these courses. Yeah, right, And so I think it's very possible in this day and age. You mean, like this podcast. I think about the job that is employing us right now do not exist howe many years ago. This is technically an online job, right totally. So it's like, there are lots of things that you can do and lots of revenue streams that you can build. But I would just encourage everybody to look at things with a healthy dose of skepticism because there are some dodgy things out there. With that being said, the great thing about making money online all of the time is you don't need a lot of capital to start it up. Whether you are becoming a social media creator or a video editor or a podcaster. A lot of these things you can start with the resources you have. You can start with your phone and your laptop and that's all you need. And then as you build some momentum or build some clientele or whatever that looks like, you can then start to invest back into the things that you're using. But I think, like when you're dabbling, I would say just don't necessarily go hell to leather either, Like don't go, oh my god, I'm going to start a podcast, so I'm going to buy the three thousand dollar microphones and the ten thousand dollar camera and all of these things start small.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 1: We're a ween dabble as well. Like there's lots that you know, you can sell things on Etsy. You can. There's this one girl I remember I followed her for years. I think her name is Type Hailey, and I think she still does it. But back in the day, she got started because she would make video graphics and intros for people's YouTube videos, and so a lot of the big creators that I followed at the time would use her, and then she sells. Now I believe she sells just like everyday graphics that anybody can jump on our website and purchase or you can do custom ones. That's like that girl saw a gap in the market for her skill set and it wouldn't have taken a lot of capital. Like she probably already had the laptop or the iPad or whatever she uses to animate and she just went, oh, like, this is a good thing, and she's worked away at it, worked with some big creators. Yeah, got her namy out in front of the masses. So I think there's lots you can do. But find something you're passionate about as well, because she was I believe maybe a graphic designer or something like that, and then made that work for her in the digital world, which is incredible. Yeah, speak about what you enjoy it as well, exactly.
Speaker 2: And in the interim, just like, honestly, I know it's they're quite rare to find, but like something that you're already doing. But jump on LinkedIn and keep refreshing that remote work section and just like try and find something that's remote in the interim if you want to, because there's I'm shocked by how many jobs that are out there that are able to be remote, So I'm like, just do that for a song as.
Speaker 1: You can, and remember as well. I think there's this misconception that when you leave you're nine to five, you're living like this cruizy, beautif good life. I think most people who freelance or work for themselves will tell you that it's the opposite. You know, there are some people who get to a point where they can retire early off of the business that they've built, and that's incredible, and then maybe they do live that balanced lifestyle, but a lot of the time when you're doing that kind of work invoices come late is such a big one. So like, prepare yourself mentally and financially for the fact that your income is not going to be regular, especially if you're doing something like content creation where you're relying on you know, brands or AdSense or whatever that looks like ye. And also just you're working for yourself, so you don't have boundaries that you have in a regular job, Like it's very easy for it to bleed into other areas of your life. And if especially if you're like me and you do something on the side of a full time job, it's a lot to take on. So also just prepare yourself for that, because I think there's we're sold this dream of everybody's quitting their nine to five to become a content creator or build a business or do whatever. And you can do it and can be amazing and it can be really profitable. Yeah, but it's also not this easy pipeline that people make it out to be.
Speaker 2: From Charlotte, this one's for you, Jess. How are you managing to keep costs down with the build? Any tips?
Speaker 1: Well, if you've watched my YouTube video where I break down all the expenses that I've paid so far, I'm not necessarily doing a very good job giving the expenses down. I spend a lot of money at my color appointment and my electrical appointment. But my big plan is that I have kind of a roadmap of things that I want to do once the build is completed. So I'm trying to keep costs down initially by spacing things out where I can, and I'm also looking at what things I can do myself versus paying someone to them. So I know that I'm hoping to install my own sheer curtains and stuff because I've seen people do it online. It looks pretty easy to install your own tracks and hang it yourself, and planning on putting in my own laundry. We covered a few of these in an episode that dropped recently where we spoke kind of about my house build update. I'm looking at what things I can do myself. I would consider myself pretty DIY savvy, so any DIY options that are available to me, I am taking those. Also for furniture and stuff like that. I think I've mentioned like I haven't bought new furniture since I moved out of home, Like almost everything I own his secondhand because I was moving it from house to house. And so I'm really looking for sales or purchasing things that I want from warehouse sales or outlets or anything like that to try and keep my costs down as well. Like I've been able to snag a few things that are on my wish list for really good prices by shopping in this way. But it is just being savvy and also just knowing I can't, like I'm not going to be able to buy everything that I want at once, Like it's just simply not possible, even things like appliances, Like I'm just going to have to move in my fridge that is literally as old as I am into the new house, and it's not going to fit, and it's going to be ugly, and it is what it is, and I'll just have to save and work hard to eventually be able to upgrade those things when I'm in the pres.
Speaker 2: So yeah, hell yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Next question I have is from Nundiny, who said, if you guys could host any podcast for one week, which would you pick? Which is a fun question?
Speaker 2: I like this, I like this, I like this. Well, some of my favorites are like Betrayal or obviously other than She's on the Money Betrayal pod, everyone has an X. But the one that I think would be like really fun science versus one, Oh my god, you would love it. I think they just kind of like take any old subject. Let's say, you know, skincare or meditation, and it's like the main host, Wendy's looking in, we'll go and ask experts in that field, unpack experiments, and you know, just kind of like get down to the like science of it all in a way that is really palatable. But it just like sounds really fun. Sounds like the team are really fun. So that is probably a podcast that I would love to host just for one week and then come straight back.
Speaker 1: I don't listen to a lot of podcasts, so I found this question hard. I would love to do an interview format podcast because I think working here, that's one thing I've learned. Is any chance that I have had to sit down with someone like I sat down last year with Emma Edwards, like when Victoria was on maternity leave, the first time you know you and I had a few guest hosts for Friday Drinks. I've always really really enjoyed speaking to other people and getting to like pull apart their expertise, like I just find it so interesting. The only interview podcast that I can think of is Diary of a CEO, which I have literally only ever listened to one of those episodes. I don't know why that's the first one I got, but he's had some really good guests. Yes, so any guest podcast, because I love learning things, maybe even at science when you taught you, it would be good for me, Like I love learning things, and I love asking people questions and getting to understand their thought process or their knowledge a little bit better. So any podcast where I would have the opportunity to do that. I feel like I would really enjoy The sext one comes from.
Speaker 2: Who says, how do you price items on deep Pop in brackets item plus postage? I lost money after deepop took their fee.
Speaker 1: Oh have you ever sold on deepop before?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't sold on Deepop. I've bored on deepop, but I don't really know how it all works, So probably one for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I My understanding is that so detop chi is a ten percent commission I believe on everything, and I believe that also comes off the top of your postage fee, because I think what happens, at least the way I see it roll into my PayPal is deepop pays me a blanket fee of like X amount, and then PayPal pays a flat fee back. And from when I've looked at it, that flat ten percent comes off everything, which includes the postage. It's really frustrating. So you do need to look at either building a bit more into your postage fee or into your item fee to cover that ten percent that will come out.
Speaker 2: Ten percent is seems exorbitant.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, it feels like deep hop in the UK. I'm pretty sure it's only like two or three percent. I've seen a lot of conversation recently about how like Deep Hop fees here are much higher than other places, which fun fact for everybody. eBay are offering fee free sales for a period of time, so that might be worth looking into. That's something I'm looking into. But in terms of pricing your product, I personally think if you're going to sell something secondhand anywhere, you need to be selling it for cheaper than what someone could get it from for on the website. And I think most websites offer a minimum of thirty percent discount, you mean with a code or whatever these days most places true, so I think you can be just counting an item by forty percent or more. My general rule of thumb is a minimum of half price, okay, depending if the item is new with tags or how warn it is, is it like whatever, But I would be pricing it for me personally, generally a minimum of half of the retail price, sometimes more if it's worn or if it's an older style. Take all those things into consideration. The other thing I would do is sense check what are other people charging for the same items, So if it's a blue glassons jumper or a dish white dress or whatever that looks like, searching it up on the platform and just seeing because there's a very good chance that other people are selling the same thing or something very similar, and just sense checking your pricing against those as well, because if it comes down to two similar items, realistically, any person myself included, is going to pick the cheaper one. Yeah, if your discount still sets you significantly higher than the average of what everybody else is charging, you're probably not gonna sell it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, it's a really good point.
Speaker 1: Question I've got now is from Karna who said, I've seen your instant stories, Beck, what are you building?
Speaker 2: Ah? To be honest, I'm not building anything. But my best friend who owns a queper in North Fitzroy, Fitzroy North Bernie's upstairs is where she lives, which is very funny. I think if you're like because I'll often go over to just like hang out and the bar is open. I'm laying upstairs, I gotta go downstairs to go to the toilet. It just feels like I'm like at a house party that I've left to go to bed, and then I come downstairs. I'm like, please, no one talk to me. I just so it's a very funny vibe. So she lives upstairs and there's one big room and two like kind of medium ish small rooms, and so one of those rooms she just wants to turn that into like I don't know, maybe like a gallery space for people to show things, yeah, or like somewhere where people can do like life drawings. I mean, she's not just super sure what to do with the space yet, but right now we're just like, yeah, kind of tiding it up because it is it's in a very space, I guess, so like I wanted to put a pool table in some for people to like have a little lie down, but we'll see. So right now we're just like tiding it up. So unfortunately, I personally not building anything. I'm just painting some walls, which is a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Coming covered in paint today.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly. I'm really trying to milk it. I'm really trying to milk it. I'm making sure I don't wash anything. I just love the look of having like paint splatters or it's artistic. It's like, oh, this person's worked hard a day in their life. I'm gonna make sure everyone knows that as well, but yes, thank you for following along, Trina, and please come in and visit.
Speaker 1: That's so cute. Next time I've got is from miss Sharish, who said, what are y'all's mayers Briggs personality types? Just fun?
Speaker 2: Have you done the test? I haven't done the test. No, I did a similar one. I don't remember anything though, perfect, but I know that, Okay, this is probably different test. But the lowest on my list of things like qualities that I have is impulse control.
Speaker 1: Impulse control.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my lowest quality, my least quality, you guys get it is impulse control, which really tracks, tracked, which really felt, I really felt seen. I can't remember what my highest was. I think it was like compassion or something like that.
Speaker 1: I'm so curious to know what test this was now, because I didn't think I've heard of that one.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what it was, but I hope that answers that a little bit for me. But do you have your.
Speaker 1: I do know my mayers Briggs. I am an I n s J. I'm pretty sure which is introverted. I don't remember what the ND stands for feeling judging, so I think I nfja's from memory it tracked with what I know about my staffs okay, which I'm not super into star signs, but it was like compassionate, empathetic knowledge seeking. I'm pretty sure I just heard introvert and I was like, well, she's read me to feel So you know, I NFJ this site. I'll send you the site because there's a free one you can do.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: It's fun because it tells you celebrities that fall into the same personality type. And I don't know, I know that these things are not scientific or deeply rooted in anything, but they're just to be fun. It's I love when something like even on the podcast a few weeks ago, where you were like you look like someone who loves the potato chip. Like, I just love anything that puts me in a box.
Speaker 2: You know, we just want to beat a little bar a box that's so cute, so funny. Oh my god. Okay, I'll give you the final question, which is like, oh, so sad, I really love these I We've.
Speaker 1: Brushed through it. We should have taken longer.
Speaker 2: God, I know, I wish let's do another one soon.
Speaker 1: Let us know if you want to B and JQ and know to make a comeback please.
Speaker 2: Okay. For our final question, someone asks what is your most uplifting thought slash saying that makes you feel good?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a great question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is a great question. So beautiful and what a beautiful when it ended.
Speaker 1: I do love a quote. I'm one of those bitches like I love a print on a water like, there's so many that I like. One that really sticks with me that brings me joy, which I think is what this person was saying. Was from Cinderella, from the update, but from the live action, which took me don't like a live action, but I did really enjoy Cinderella. And have courage and be kind, yes, and I just like, I think those are two things that are just so important and it's it just makes me happy. Have courage and be kind, like be brave, do the thing, but also be gentle as well with people. I think the other one that I can think of, which isn't a phrase, so I don't know if it counts a word, it's uhuru, which means I think freedom in Swahili, and that just has a lot of meaning to me because the first time I ever went overseas. I've told this story before, so from repeating myself. I went to Tanzania, which was like the most eye opening, life changing, wonderful experience I've ever had. But while we were there, we climbed Mount Kilmajaro and that for me was a personally very testing experience. But the peak is called Uhua Peak, and so I had this awful expirit. I got aultshoutic on like day two four days up, two days down. I was sick for three days, didn't he couldn't keep down any liquid, was not sleeping. It was horrific. And so you hike. We hiked through the night in the snow. God every few meters I was falling, boy knees, puking in the ground, kind of wanting to just say there. And someone's like, well, you gotta keep moving or you're gonna die because it's snowing. So we did this whole thing right, and we got to a point which when you reach there, you have technically summited the mountain. And so the guy that was taken to like, okay, everybody, good job, take your photo whatever. Anyone who wants to continue to the peak can do so. Come this way. Everyone who wants to start walking back down to the right, and I was like, to the right I go. And someone on my trip was said to me, did you really just go through all of that to not go to the top?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh my god. And so we checked another however many hours to hit to a peak. And for me that was just like very much a physical and mental test of strength. I guess I was ready to quit until that guy said said that to me, and I was like, oh my god, you're so right. And so to me just means it brings back that memory of like pushing through and doing hard things and like breaking the mental barrier because I think I'm someone who really struggles with my own mental limitations and self doubt and all those sorts of things, and like knowing that I did this physically and also mentally, very very difficult thing, I did it. I did it. And that is like such a wonderful memory that I have with me for the rest of my life. And so the word like, I love that it means freedom as well. It's really beautiful. But yeah, to me, that word just takes me back to that moment in that thought process.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow, that is a harrowing story.
Speaker 1: It was not fun to live, but like as in hindsight as a life lesson, it's loving.
Speaker 2: Just that's incredible. Oh my god, do you do you quote?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Obviously as you know, I'm and for those listening, I'm going I'm through a breakup right now. So a few quotes and I don't want to like be that guy, but there there are a lot of my own that I like, uh, kind of just made up, but they really have gotten me through and helped get me through. But I think that they also are applicable in times we are not going through a breakup. But the one that I like to use that is or obviously quite a privileged thing to say because it doesn't apply to everyone, But I like to say, being okay is inevitable even if you're trying to actively not heal, even if you're just doing nothing to like toward healing, Like your body is constantly adapting to a new normal and constantly healing, even if you're not doing anything to help yourself get there. So being okay is inevitable. And then I also like, this isn't for me, it's from somewhere some meditation something, but I really like be where you are, and I tell myself that all the time, because if I'm really anxious about something, if I'm thinking about something I said in the past it was really silly, or I'm thinking about possible things in the future that are making me really sick and sad and anxious, I'm just I tell myself to be exactly where I am, and that is right here, there's a I'm sitting on a couch and I'm looking at you, and I'm going to be exactly where I am. That also is applicable for if you're sad that you've made the wrong life choices and you're like, oh, I don't you know you're thinking about what could have been, or you're thinking about what you want to do. Just know that, like we're kind of always if you're not ready to make a decision, you haven't made it yet. Like if you're like, oh, I wish I had started this ages ago, I wish I had like already saved this amount of money, Like if you just weren't ready at that time, just be exactly where you are because you are here for a reason. You're you can't have lived a different life, you can't have a different brain. Be exactly where you are and because that's exactly where you should be.
Speaker 1: You have the best bechisms, Like there's so many things like that that you say that are just so quotable and so lovely. That's so nice. Thank you, really beautiful take.
Speaker 2: That's a beautiful way to end it.
Speaker 1: I thought, I really agree. What a good spot. It's been a very fun episode. It's always such a joy when we get to get together and do something fun like this. So thank you guys for tunting in. Well done if you've made it this far, yes as well. We've really enjoyed hanging out with you. So if you're not already, follow us on Instagram, join the Facebook group. That's where we collect questions for these types of things. Also leave them in the comments on Spotify. I do love reading the Spotify comments. But that is all for us this week. Thanks for hanging out, and we'll see you on Friday for an episode of Friday Drinks.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much much, guys, We'll see you then, Bye bye.
Speaker 4: The advice shared on She's on the Money is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances. She's on the Money exists purely for educational purposes and should not be relied upon to make an investment or financial decision. If you do choose to buy a financial product, read the PDS TMD and obtain appropriate financial advice.
Speaker 1: Tailored towards your needs.
Speaker 4: Victoria Divine and She's on the Money are authorized representatives of money. Sheper Pty Ltd A b N three two one six four nine two seven seven zero eight AFSL four five one two eight nine