Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Moments away from this, it's the race. I could be a pig of a race that stops the nation. Get Nana out, gather around the radio host Lash Meadows, man versus pig.
Speaker 2: I am the exact same height as you, same bolt, the fastest man in the world.
Speaker 1: Jack Post will race a pig.
Speaker 3: No pig in Australia can be mean.
Speaker 1: A pig will race Jack Posts.
Speaker 3: Guidance.
Speaker 1: They can only be one winner.
Speaker 2: If I win, you guys cheer. If the pig wins, I will thank him for his time.
Speaker 1: A battle for species supremacy.
Speaker 3: I am racing for all of humankind.
Speaker 1: Don't miss the sporting a winner. The year they cometh, the hour they be cometh.
Speaker 3: The pig doubt me. I feed off the doubt.
Speaker 1: The talking is over.
Speaker 4: Hour's time for legends to arise and also losers.
Speaker 1: Jack Posts, are you ready?
Speaker 3: I'm ready to go, Christian.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the pig?
Speaker 3: I'm seeing the pig now.
Speaker 4: They just did a poo oh Simon, he's actually China. Like a lot of athletes, they preaed up, they call it, just to make that body even lighter or stem nervous.
Speaker 3: That's what it says to me. He is doing a nervous poop.
Speaker 1: Thinking that guy is the same size as you seen.
Speaker 2: Bolts pigs bigger than I thought. I thought they were going to go for a little one. Little to me meant speedier, But they've gone for quite a big pig.
Speaker 3: Medium sized pig, i'd call it.
Speaker 4: So are you both now? Obviously it's in its lane. You've got your lanes.
Speaker 1: Does that one hundred meters look very long? Now?
Speaker 2: Hey, the pig's in the trailer still, should we get him to the starting line?
Speaker 1: I would Yeah, it's three minutes ago.
Speaker 3: Let's get the pig to the starting line.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: And are you mum and dad there now?
Speaker 3: Mum and daddy here, and my baby's just rocked up, both of them. My wife and my son are here.
Speaker 4: All those generations expecting dad to win.
Speaker 1: So, Jackie boy, are you ready to win?
Speaker 2: I am ready, Christian, I am ready to go. I feel limba, I feel like I feel fast. Oh, the pig is coming in the starting line.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm playing the song. I'm playing either Tiger for you both.
Speaker 4: After this, I will begin the countdown rio with a race caller he's got the starting flag. Jack Post, good luck, Thank you mate. Piggy Gonzalez, good luck as well.
Speaker 1: The race is on. Next Jack versus the pig go nowhere.
Speaker 4: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Right now we're about to cross live to Colinwood Chiltern's Farm. Are the major sporting precinct revered all over the world. Here the mcg amy Park and now a new megadome Colin wood Chiltern's.
Speaker 1: Farm on that top paddock. It is time. Talking is over now.
Speaker 4: I've just seen a photo of the starting blocks, sort of thing you'd get at the Olympics for the one had you minutes to Jack personally requested behind my back.
Speaker 1: Don't worry if you think he's going to get an unfair advantage. I've seen them. We obviously borrowed some from a junior school. These children starting blogs. It's nothing.
Speaker 4: He used to measure feet with that at the start of school year at the shoe shot. Jack is a musician. He's he's parlored on the pressure to himself. He's invited his mom and dad there so that they can see their son excel in sporting victory for the first time.
Speaker 1: His son is also there and his wife. Generations are there to witness. There's some of you who have turned up today.
Speaker 4: Thank you, and now going to cross to the person who've got to call today's race, which is Rio.
Speaker 1: Rio. Describe the scenes.
Speaker 5: There now, Christian, I feel like I've walked through a wormhole and I've ended up in a parallel universe.
Speaker 3: This is so weird.
Speaker 5: There's a fully grown man, a father, no less in full compression kid next to him, a brown pig be cradled by the giant hulk of a man Zavy.
Speaker 2: You huge, We're both big, we're both.
Speaker 1: Tena bulks.
Speaker 5: I think Xavier might win the race. It's a paddock. It's a beautiful paddic. A little bit of cowpo around, but a beautiful clear day, nothing impeding anyone's path. A lot of nerves, a lot of excitement. There's a quiet and unease as we await the start of the.
Speaker 1: Race, tension hanged in the air.
Speaker 4: Jack a few words before you take a position on the children's dancing blocks.
Speaker 1: We've got.
Speaker 2: I can see my wife and son at the finish line from where I stand at the starting blocks. What better way to start his life than to see his father absolutely demolish a pig at the Collingwood Children's Farm.
Speaker 3: I will not let you down, all right, Jackie boy.
Speaker 1: Focus, all right, take position three.
Speaker 3: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Lag is in the air to real. This is how it's gonna work. I'm gonna play the bugle. We all know this. I play this rio.
Speaker 4: Then when I play the starting pistol, you lower the flag and racing must commence.
Speaker 1: Got it? You're ready? Jack? Is he falling over? He fell over?
Speaker 3: He's he's walked back, walked it back. He's ready to go.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: You know when they have one of the finalists and a full start, yeah, they always lose. It's over, guys, back up, let's go home. Shake trotters, Come on, Jack, steady yourself center man center?
Speaker 1: Is he ready? He's ready? Good luck Jack, Good luck Piggy Gonzalez. Let's do this. Three two one, Melbourny. Are you ready? World? Are you ready?
Speaker 3: They're away?
Speaker 5: A slow stuff from Piggy Gonzalez.
Speaker 1: He's lost his way a bit. Jack posted streaming ahead.
Speaker 3: He's streaming ahead.
Speaker 1: We ordered a champions like a mild absolutely smoked that pig.
Speaker 4: Thirte After thirty four years of being a sports loser finally in front of his mom and his dad. His son is wife emotional scenes here.
Speaker 1: He's actually one.
Speaker 4: He's beat the race's child.
Speaker 5: My god, his his arm is in the air, he's jumping around, he's it seems like he's mocking the pig.
Speaker 1: Oh dear, that is that's not nice.
Speaker 5: Where's the peak? The pig is still yet to cross the line. The pig is taking a very leisurely approach to this race. We're still the pig has crossed the line.
Speaker 4: A right spelled Piggy Gunzara is tough like a callant loser.
Speaker 1: Jack post a few words from the winner.
Speaker 3: I want to first thing to pig. He really took it to me. He's a fast boy, but there was no match in the speed of man. The exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, how does it fil Jack? How does it feel in front of your mum, you turns your son, your wife.
Speaker 3: I honestly floated.
Speaker 2: I didn't feel it. I didn't feel the pain, cush. I was pushing as hard as I could, but I couldn't feel it.
Speaker 3: I was floating.
Speaker 2: And I looked over mid race and I saw my son and he winked at me, and it made me run faster.
Speaker 1: Rio, take a see how the race went down.
Speaker 5: Well, it was a very slow start from the piggy Gonzales and he never quite recovered.
Speaker 1: Jack was fast, I will give it to him.
Speaker 3: He was floating real but Piggy.
Speaker 5: Gonzales very slow to get out of the blocks.
Speaker 1: And then I would say.
Speaker 5: Probably never really got out of first or second gear, just sort of leisurely trotted over the line.
Speaker 3: I turned around, Rio, did the pig ever run? I turned around, and he walked the rest of the way to.
Speaker 1: A canter, I would say, would.
Speaker 3: Clear.
Speaker 1: Jack is actually just raced himself.
Speaker 3: Christian. I raced the pig and I won.
Speaker 1: He raced.
Speaker 3: What will the record books show? What will the record books show?
Speaker 1: You're quite right that the pig walked it.
Speaker 3: Basically, that's not in the books.
Speaker 4: The books just said I think the pig is always going on here and thought the nice thing to do is let this guy win.
Speaker 1: Jack, Well, you are the deserved winner. You held your nerves, you raced you one. Well done.
Speaker 2: Thank you, guys, Thank you for your support. Christian, you were the only one who believed in me in this whole sea.
Speaker 4: Ladies and gentlemen, the winner today, the one and only Jack Post.
Speaker 1: He took, and he delivered.
Speaker 3: Thank You.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's Show podcast