Speaker 1: People do some weird ship.
Speaker 2: This is a big one.
Speaker 1: This is for the girls. This one is some things make more sense than the others. Whimsy Lohan punched in the face after trying to take a boy away from a mother.
Speaker 2: You're a good little boy. I won't leave and enjoy take you.
Speaker 1: Please yourself for observations you didn't ask for.
Speaker 3: That's the line.
Speaker 4: I see it quite clearly.
Speaker 1: Get new glasses?
Speaker 5: Is it just.
Speaker 1: A couple of mitches?
Speaker 2: One is clearly better than the other one.
Speaker 1: Now here is mich Jury and Mitchell Koo ten episodes later.
Speaker 3: Oh can I put a lot?
Speaker 2: When you put it that way?
Speaker 1: I should have got a cake.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised you don't have one.
Speaker 1: The guy I should have organized it. I've got ten episodes in hollo. Jenne's here, Hi, Jenna, Oh Jenna, it's on, Jenna. Oh, there we go.
Speaker 2: Do you agree, Jenna? It seems a little bit premature to be celebrating it's only ten episodes.
Speaker 6: Well, I think the show's crap.
Speaker 1: So there you go, Jennif from Hard Metals there.
Speaker 2: Today won't be crap. I can assure you of that, because Mitch, after much nagging, has agreed to let us do a Breakfast TV themed episode of Is It just Me?
Speaker 1: It was easier for me to just say yes than to fight with you too.
Speaker 2: So, Jenna and I we're kind of like TV nerds from back in the day, and like Breakfast TV was a weird fascination of our.
Speaker 1: I love Crumpets. I'm not going to do a whole fucking show on crumpets. Growing up, kids like Marvel and the superheroes and actors. You had a poster of Kerry Anne Kennerley above your bed.
Speaker 2: No joke. I had a poster of Sophie Monk.
Speaker 1: Did you really?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It came with her single inside Out, So I.
Speaker 6: Actually had that too.
Speaker 2: There you go?
Speaker 1: Really did it burn down in your house or something? You sounds so somber.
Speaker 6: I'm just really excited for this.
Speaker 1: Such nerds. The fact that we're doing a whole show on there is baffling to me.
Speaker 2: So I promise you, Jenna, today won't be a crap show. You should come in for this. Actually, Oh my god, are you? I think that you're going to be very enthralled.
Speaker 1: Well what's what are we doing? What are we going to talk about?
Speaker 2: Well, look, I'm sensing that you're not as enthoosed as us. Even if you don't care about breakfast TV, everyone loves a good blooper, right, you're right, Okay, So later on I'm going to be doing the top five breakfast TV bloopers a stick around.
Speaker 1: For that are huh okay fun.
Speaker 2: Also confessions of a breakfast TV producer someone who actually works behind the scenes in breakfast TV.
Speaker 1: I like this. I just want the gos. I want to know if they're fucking each other, you know what I mean? This guy executive we'll not executive producer.
Speaker 2: No, that's a big call. It just gave him a promotion. But he's a producer at Sunrise and he said that nothing's off limits. I'm hoping it wasn't just saying that, and he comes in here going, oh no, I can't talk about that. So we'll get to that later on.
Speaker 1: The international listen to Summrise is like the Big Today Show, number one rating morning show in Australia. But first, I think we should kick off the show with and is it just me? We do it every week. If this is your first time listening, it's something we've noticed, something we appreciate, or Hay why didn't I start?
Speaker 2: Yeah the first time?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go? Is it just me? Are you obsessed with the new Apple Plus TV show Morning Wars? Oh?
Speaker 2: You know for a fact that it's not just you, because I've been nagging you to start watching this show for ages. Have you started?
Speaker 1: I have started, and I thought at first I might nap now because you said this, I like you thought it was a buddy feature length film.
Speaker 2: I thought it was like a telemovie, like an hour and a half. But it's a bloody ten parts series on Apple Plus TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like we's sponsored by then.
Speaker 2: Have you watched it, Jenna?
Speaker 6: No, I haven't. What I know I know, don't Please don't spoil it for me because I've really.
Speaker 2: I won't, Okay, I won't spoil it, but I'm just telling you it's right up your alley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would love it.
Speaker 2: It's all about behind the scenes of Breakfast TV. So clearly people have a curiosity, Like.
Speaker 1: I am so enthralled by it, and I think it's because it's led by Jennifernison. Like anything she does a watch.
Speaker 2: So she's one of the Breakfast TV show hosts. Jenna, and I bet you wouldn't picture Jennifer Anderson as a morning TV show host. She does a very good jobs and she's got rees with a spoon there as well. This is not a spoiler because it happens within the first teen minutes of episode one, but her male co host gets dumped and then they bring in this hot new thing reads with a Spoon, who's like tipped to be the next big thing on the breakfast show.
Speaker 1: And co host of Steve Carrell.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the one that got sack and then two Movement got him. Yes, and there's a lot of tension between the two females because they end up hosting together. Won't spoil house. So have you watched the latest episode of this Morning Wars? Apparently in the US it's called The Morning Show, but because in Australia we have the Morning Show on Channel seven, they've had to change it to Morning Wars.
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Yes, so it's actually called the Morning Show.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: But yeah, have you watched the latest episode of Morning Show?
Speaker 1: For Jenna? I think I'm an episode behind because they've just hired the new host.
Speaker 2: Oh so you haven't, No, Okay, stop twitching, We won't spoiler. So This is hardly a spoiler, but Jennifer Anderson sings in the most recent episode. Have you ever heard Jennifer Anderson sing.
Speaker 1: In my entire and I don't think I want to.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if she's sung in other movies, but I certainly haven't seen it or heard the audio.
Speaker 1: What I would have loved to have gotten.
Speaker 2: On Okay, Well, the beauty of this podcast is that we can pause recording. All right, I'm gonna. I'm gonna. I actually insist. I want to hear your reaction to Jennifer Anderson singing. All right, we'll get it. Hello, we're back the cloud.
Speaker 1: The benefits of airing on the cloud.
Speaker 2: So you can't do that on your live radio show. Just bear with me. Pause all right, So I've got the audio of Jennifer Anderson singing on Morning Wars. Here it is.
Speaker 1: There's can decert you're not to worry.
Speaker 7: Whistle everyone, demnal charm you with a smile, but in time not wall.
Speaker 4: O.
Speaker 2: Oh god, what did you think? Well?
Speaker 1: Firstly, let the girl sing. I love how the producers like she knows the words. Everyone, it's like, give us some credit.
Speaker 2: You don't know the context of the scene. It was a duet.
Speaker 1: I almost feel like we didn't need that at all.
Speaker 6: It makes the same time, what I would give to hear Georgie Gardener.
Speaker 2: No, this didn't happen on the morning show that in the scene. It wasn't on TV. It was just like a dinner party thing and they were dared to sing together, and so I was like, never heard her sing. No, she's not a singer, but like she can hold a tune. Okay, kind of like the entire Mum and mea movie. None of them could sing. But it's trying of you know, they winged it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Wow, Well, maybe I'm gonna stop watching the series because after that.
Speaker 2: But obviously we don't know how accurate it is when it comes to working behind the scenes of a breakfast TV show, because this show could be completely blowing it out of proportion. But that's why we're getting that Sunrise producer on later.
Speaker 1: On, the named producer redacted.
Speaker 2: I don't mind saying his name. It's Blake, right, what's his last name? I don't know how to say it.
Speaker 1: Oh, it sounds like one of those animals that rolls up into a ball.
Speaker 2: It's spelt if I'm just looking at the name, I would read it as Blake Nadillo. But I bet it's some like yeah, yeah, but I bet I'm I get anxious about names of pronunciation. I bet he's going to come in and it's Na Dilo or some shit.
Speaker 1: I don't know, battlone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, he's on the way to tell us how accurate this TV series actually is about working behind the scenes in Breakfast TV. Because if it's accurate, god.
Speaker 1: It looks intent. I hope he spiels.
Speaker 2: What a drama everyone sleeping with each.
Speaker 1: Other on the show. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So how many episodes are they?
Speaker 2: I think there's ten in total, but I heard there's a second season.
Speaker 1: It's sort of tapering off a bit, so I don't.
Speaker 2: Know that's what. I'm sure it'll still be great because I'm hooked. But they're being paid like forty million dollars each, apparently Jennifer Anderson and Reese with a spoon. I was like, I bloody sing for that. Tell anyway? Should we get into my Is it just me? Now?
Speaker 1: Yes, let's start. Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Do you love watching Breakfast TV show bloopers on YouTube?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: There we go down on new Ubah.
Speaker 6: Yes I do.
Speaker 2: I did this for people like us. I've gone and found the top five breakfast TV show bloopers and they are glorious.
Speaker 1: Well this isn't fucking twenty to one. Who do you think you are? Fitty and whipp up?
Speaker 2: No, I'm telling you it. You were like this, okay, And you don't have to be a breakfast TV fanatic to enjoy watching other people screw up.
Speaker 1: It's sort of like a visionary thing. You can't hear it when you screw up on radio. It just sounds like someone's having a little moment, but you're gonna have to be able to see it right incorrect?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I deliberately got ones that you didn't really require the visuals. I'm not fucking stupid, Okay.
Speaker 1: I'm excited. Are these all Australian or is it Internet?
Speaker 2: Yes, they're Australians. So coming in at number five, we have Natalie Barr, the Sunrise news reader, and she cracked up laughing during a news story. It was about two women who were apparently trying to take their dead father onto a flight right because apparently it's quite expensive to like export travel a dead body overseas, so They're like, let's just put him in the wheelchair and make him look like he's alive. And so Nat was reporting on this story and just apparently struggled to take it seriously.
Speaker 8: Here it is two British women have been arrested for allegedly trying to smuggle a dead relative onto a flight to Berlin. Ninety one year old Kurt Willie Jarrant's wife and stepdaughter were stopped at check in when stuff became suspicious because he was strapped to his wheelchair, wearing was.
Speaker 6: Wearing sunglasses because first he's blind, second he has his eye was a bit up here and he wanted to take it. Other people doesn't look at him.
Speaker 1: You're right, that's gone.
Speaker 6: Such an awkward moment, but still a classic.
Speaker 1: Did she get in trouble for that? Did she face backlash?
Speaker 2: Apparently there were a lot of complaints sent in afterwards, being like, how unprofessionally, you're a youth three D you shouldn't be laughing at this. But this was her explanation for what exactly went wrong.
Speaker 8: The trouble is, I hadn't pre read it. I pre read all my news, but I'd gone downstairs to get some headache. Tablets, and so I hadn't actually read it, and I'm thinking this can't is.
Speaker 1: And his name is WILLI you know what I was going to say that I think that's probably what planted the laugh in her head. Willie Smith Johnson. And the fact that he's wearing sunglasses strapped to a wheelchair.
Speaker 2: I don't think putting sunglasses on someone indoors makes them look more alive.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, no, No. You can't just chuck a pair of mowie gym's on a corpse and hope people think that they've got life in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: Also, hold on quickly. If you brought a corpse into a plane, like if it was dead, like, rigamortar sets in, so they would have needed like an exit. What's that riga mortis? It's when your body freezes up like this. Ah, right, and that happens after a couple of hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah right. I wonder how long he was dead for he smell. Probably if the story that their claiming is true, that they actually didn't know what a shock finding out that your father's dead by customs pulling up and going no, no, he's definitely not alive.
Speaker 6: He's got sunglasses on his trap to a wheelchair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's with the.
Speaker 2: Strap's if he doesn't fall flop like his lifeless corpse to the side.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good. They get worse. Huh they get worse?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, see, I would say I've ranked them in order of tension. Number one is very tense. Let me tell you anyway, coming in at number four the top five Brecky TV buy because this one comes from the Today Show Karl Sefanovic, right, who's interviewing a farmer who ran a petting zoo and someone visiting that farm lost the wedding ring because a cow ate it off their finger, right, And so Carl's doing a live cross to the owner of the farm. And the nature of these live crosses is that you never really know what the talent is going to say. Like if something goes wrong live, it goes out live. So check out what this farm had to say.
Speaker 9: So this guy went home, presumably and told his wife, listen, I was at the cow farm today and I lost my wedding ring because a cow sucked it off.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 6: Maybe his wife was asking what else the cow was sacking off.
Speaker 4: Maybe I shouldn't have said that.
Speaker 3: I'm Telly, I'm glad you said that. Brother.
Speaker 1: That's so good.
Speaker 2: Now there's someone that no one really gets surprised when he like isn't behaving too seriously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he lost his job and then just got hired back because when he left the show, The Morning Show in Australia, the ratings plummeted.
Speaker 2: The Today Show, the Today Show. And so I'm actually keen to ass Like I said Blake, the Sunrise producer on his way, I want to know what the vibe at Sunrise is like now that Carl's coming back. Yeah that like, oh shit, game on, We've got more staunch competition.
Speaker 1: He's like the king of the airwaves.
Speaker 2: Really well, Sunrise were ahead of Today even with Carl there. Really they It may be, but or some may not.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say I'm surprised, but like that though, I always thought the way that Today's position is that they're number one.
Speaker 2: We can ask Blake to explain that later on. I really don't know how to explain it, but on that grab.
Speaker 1: That would have to be a strong suck from a cow. Like wedding rings oftentimes are just wedged on there and they're stuck there for years.
Speaker 2: Speak for yourself. Well, sorry, it's not all rings under as much pressure as you put yours under.
Speaker 1: Okay, well he's talking about a fingering as well. That sounds could.
Speaker 2: Be What did you think I was talking about?
Speaker 1: I know I initially thought you ment.
Speaker 6: Was ruined the show.
Speaker 1: Look at us. We'll be in the countdown Most Awkward Podcast Chats number three.
Speaker 2: Well, coming in at number three here Sarah Harris from Studio ten. She's not my boss, but you know we love her. Did you see that video that went viral of her when she nearly shot herself in the face with a nail gun?
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 6: Friend?
Speaker 1: Imagine if that actually happened to her.
Speaker 2: It didn't, thankfully, But this one is a little bit visual, So I'm just gonna explain. When you hear the audience gasping, that's when she's picked up a nail gun and it's facing the wrong way, and she held it to her face for about ten seconds trying to find the trigger, being like, oh, where's the trigger? How do I pull it? So when you hear the audience gasping, that's her about to shoot herself in the face of the nail gul And you can definitely hear the moment that she realizes her mistake.
Speaker 6: I remember that day so clearly, of course you to watch Breakfast.
Speaker 2: I'm on studio tend.
Speaker 4: All.
Speaker 1: Right here it is, Can you pick up gun and position a number two for me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, right?
Speaker 1: My insurance company ringing me up saying you're not insured anymore? Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Right. It was like the longest ten seconds ever. As if you were like, oh, don't bloody press the trigger.
Speaker 1: I love if you NEOs be like, no, no, no, use the nail gun.
Speaker 2: No, she would have been so calm, like Sarah, I would suggest you put it down. That wouldn't be a wife move on your part.
Speaker 3: Farah.
Speaker 1: Back when I'm negotiating my contract, I brought an algain in and I pointed her to have the CEO's face, and I said, have you compressed it? I compress it?
Speaker 2: What the hell were coming in at number two? You know how the Breakfast TV shows they do those cash giveaways, like the cash Cow and the Today Show they've got I went up with Today, so.
Speaker 1: I'm the I'm the radio equivalent on our stome.
Speaker 2: Pretty much, you're the cash cock, can't so the Today Show. The way their cash calls work is that they call someone who's entered the draw and they have to answer within five rings and say I wake up with today. That's the rule. If you want to win, you have to say that. So you can imagine how awkward it would be when Sunrise called someone and that was how they answered the phone, basically promoting the competition. Take a listening.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do it.
Speaker 8: We've got forty thousand dollars to give away.
Speaker 2: Because of course I think it.
Speaker 8: Was a head that yesterday did not answer her phone.
Speaker 1: So Jack potted ten rings. Sounds like me in Queensland could have You can know it. I wake up with today.
Speaker 5: You have the stuff about that's.
Speaker 1: Well, you're so easily bought. No, no, no, get up so early just for this.
Speaker 5: Why should we give you forty thousand dollars If.
Speaker 1: Not, let loyal and very loyal.
Speaker 8: I only have one set.
Speaker 1: I got from.
Speaker 5: Channel to channel because it's Christmas time. Yeah, and in the spirit of Christmas and in the spirit of Sunrise and in the spirit of theaters.
Speaker 2: So there's a happy ending in that one. Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad they gave it to her. That would have been cruel.
Speaker 2: Well, this is where we're headed with number one the same woman as it No but over on the Today Show. Like I said, the rule is you have to answer with I wake up with Today. So they called someone Carl and Lisa, and they didn't answer the phone with the way they were meant to in order to win the cash prize. And rather than just being like ah bad, like my bad, they didn't take it well. And this is what I mean when I say this is the most tense here. It is the IgA voucher has jackpotted to twenty thousand dollars because both Caulers.
Speaker 1: Missed out yesterday morning. Okay, let's go.
Speaker 8: To our first call for the morning and it's Lee Hall from moray Field in Queensland.
Speaker 7: Hope you're awakely Hello.
Speaker 9: Oh lo, this is heartbreaking Lee.
Speaker 2: It's all and Lisa, and you know what.
Speaker 1: We had to give you a twenty thousand dollars about you I wake up?
Speaker 5: Lee?
Speaker 1: You know I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Oh no, dolee.
Speaker 7: Le.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what we'll do.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 9: We're not going to give you that money, but we'll pack up something and ship you a hamper.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: We were so sorry.
Speaker 1: We would have loved to have given it to you.
Speaker 4: We will send you something nice.
Speaker 1: Though, we're gonna see it.
Speaker 4: We're going to look.
Speaker 9: We'll love a nice something, and we'll send Lee a nice Christmas hamper.
Speaker 1: And don't you worry late, we're looking up. We'll come back to you.
Speaker 2: Oh, Paul, she didn't warm too nicely to the supplementary prize, did she. No, we're going to send you a hamper, she goes, We'll.
Speaker 1: Send you out some biscotti and a panetonate.
Speaker 2: What do you think within the hamper?
Speaker 1: It would have been half a leg ham and a bottle of Friends.
Speaker 6: Of Today show mugs.
Speaker 1: Definitely a miniature doll of the little cash man Scott, just to rub it in a fake check. You know what actually sounds like Jenna when she whimpers, Oh yeah, she was like, oh no, And they played her off like she was at the Oscars.
Speaker 2: I know they put the news things.
Speaker 1: They're cut ready, Jenna, do you wimper ready? Do you whimper?
Speaker 2: Get the crying bitch off? We've got the news up dates?
Speaker 1: Did they? It was Lee in a dungeon of sorts. I think Lee was sending us codes with a whimpers. Was it More's code?
Speaker 2: I just love that. Lisa rubbed it in. She goes, Lee, you know what we had for you A twenty thousand, Like fu kick her while she's down. It wasn't a very delicate way of DELI bring that, Hey, you know what we had for you, but you're not getting at all. Could be dumb.
Speaker 1: Carl's like, oh, it says here you've got a broken phibia. You could have used that money lead on the medical bills.
Speaker 6: I've wake up today.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Even when she tried to desperately answer, she said it wrong. It's I got with today, poor Bridge. Yes, well, like I said, I was, I was ranking them in order of tension.
Speaker 1: So, oh, that will be a good thing to ask Blake, Like, what's the leniency? Are they allowed to just go give it to it? Give her the money.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. When I did work experience at Sunrise, my first day they put me with like the integration team, and one of the tasks they gave me on my first day of freaking work experience was calling someone who didn't pick up the phone for the cash cow thing.
Speaker 1: And what do you say to them?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, They basically try and beg you for it because they're like, oh, but I was I was taking my mum to the doctor. Oh, and it's like there's nothing. They gave me this script to boblo and be like, I hear you, but the terms of conditions that you're available on our website do specify. And I'm just like, that was such a shit job to do on day one of work experience.
Speaker 1: Oh hi, Lucy, Yeah, it's a mitch from Sunaise. How are you good? How are you just letting you know that you haven't won anything and.
Speaker 2: You know what we had for you, Lee.
Speaker 6: You can follow the show online, just search a couple of mitches.
Speaker 1: If you don't, you're a dickhead. I'm trying to think has anything like that happened to you? Or I'm racking my brain in our because we work on a morning radio show, it's not that different. I know, I'm the cash mascot for Kiss the cash Cock. Yeah, it's just it's just a pisstake of the cash cow and I have a thousand bucks on me and I run through the streets of Sydney and if you catch me or tackle me. It used to be if you tap the cock, you win a thousand bucks. Now it's if you behead the cock, you get out the bugs. So I was running through a park one day and Kyle and Jackie A were like, all right, the cock is lease get the cock. So I'm clucking down the street, running down a hill and I'm on the side of like the Hume Highway and people are listening in their cars. Live some tradey in his ute. Here is that the cash cock is in the park next to him. So he just goes in his high lucks. There's the cop down there, drives off the highway into the park and chases me.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine wanting a thousand dollars so badly that I would drive off the highway into a park. Yes, and like nearly run some absolute buffoon in a cocksuit over with my vehicle.
Speaker 1: Imagine him telling the boys at the pub that night, Yeah, lad's big day to day free grand What did you do, Jeremy chase down a giant cock.
Speaker 2: Jeremy, bro you've gotten some serious injuries from being the kiss mascot.
Speaker 1: I was being chased through black Town, the suburb in the west of Sydney, and I stood on the leg of a champagne flute. So a champagne flute the sort of bulb was off and it was just the STANMD went straight through my foot.
Speaker 2: Who leaves a stem of a champagne glass just sitting upright in a part? They're like, it's broken. Well, I'll just leave it there.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: And it was in a primary school too, because I was running on the footpath. This herd of children came for me, so I jumped the fence and it went straight through the rubber.
Speaker 2: Do you think people would chase you with the same urgency if you had an IgA hamper to give away?
Speaker 1: Imagine that if you're too rough on me, like Jeremy. Jeremy, you were a bit rough with the cock. You didn't win the money. But here is an IgA gift cards, six apples and a nectron. Hell, well look it is.
Speaker 2: Our Breakfast TV themed edition of Is it just me? Because Jenna and I fanatics? If we did a show for everything Jenna and I were obsessed with. Oh, I'm hoping you were going to get McLeod's Daughters show off the line better?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: In six shows time stand by, We're having a dedicated to Shetland Ponies. A month later, would do a Wicked themed show. Yes, please, that'd be great. See my interests abroad. I'd do a food based show. We could try it from foods, or we could do like a fun television show, one like what TV shows are like, that's morning show? So niche oh as.
Speaker 2: If Well, you were the one earlier talking about the new Apple Plus TV show Morning Wars, and I think that has really generated a lot of interest about what goes on behind the scenes of breakfast TV shows, and certainly in Australia now is a really interesting time with all the chopping and changing and changing of hosts over at the Today Show, and there's a lot of staunch competition between them and Sunrise. So we thought we'd get a Sunrise producer on a friend of ours, Blake, who can confirm or to deny how accurate that Apple TV show is about what it's like to work behind the scenes, and also just talk about what his experience is like at Sunrise, because I'm so curious. So he's on the way, is he in the green room?
Speaker 1: Where is he?
Speaker 2: We don't have a green room. We're not a radio show.
Speaker 1: You see in the closet work. No, he's here, Where is he?
Speaker 6: He's just out there?
Speaker 2: Did you let him in? Kenny go get Jenner. Get out, so you could have kept him company if I left you out there on the other side of the glass. Oh my god, go get him. Jenner's bloody hell?
Speaker 1: Why is she care entering? She looks like a pokemon.
Speaker 2: She'll be asking for a standard club theme show soon, she will.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Is it just w podcast by a couple of series.
Speaker 7: Bye?
Speaker 1: That's We're so sorry. She's horrendous.
Speaker 2: It's deeply incompetent.
Speaker 1: There, I'm sorry. Sit down. Please?
Speaker 3: Do I need to put these on?
Speaker 1: You're getting headphones? Try to plug it in, plug it in, and then put them over your ears.
Speaker 3: I understand the concept of headphone.
Speaker 2: We are so slick. That's what I love about this. Shame my gosh. I was saying earlier that I was nervous about mispronouncing your last name. Can you tell me exactly what it is?
Speaker 3: Can you tell me how you think you're just gonna say? And I was gonna say nat it's nadillo. But what's interesting is that my dad pronounces it natal because he thinks that that's how people will remember how to spell it. Because if you say nadillo, people think it's a double l Yeah, it's actually one l oh. So he tells the people over the phone. He's like, yeah, now that's my dad does the same.
Speaker 1: I'm Mitched Chury and everyone calls it the family the Churies, but he calls us Shouries, like it's a shoe.
Speaker 2: I hate that when you when you ask someone pronounced this way or that way and they go either, that's fine, no, I need to know.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 2: So anyway, Blake Nadilla is your name? You're seeing your producer at Sunrise? Correct? Correct, Well, you're Breakfast TV like fanatic before you got the job, obsessed.
Speaker 3: So I actually I'm from Perth. And what you need to know about Perth to give it context is that Channel seven, particularly Sunrise, is the king that nobody watched. The other channel it is w A is obsessed with seven, and as was my family. And my sister is seven years younger than me, and I would pretend to be David Kosh and she had to be whatever guest I decided that she was going to be that day. So I knew from like when I was eight years old that I had to work at Sunrise. I had to find a way to hold coshi that you have. I actually think I said it in my interview and I got me the job.
Speaker 7: He does.
Speaker 3: Nothing faces him. He gets it all the time. So he's a smart guy and nothing will get past him.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 3: He runs his He also runs a separate business, Koshi's Small Business Bill. Oh yeah, now show anyway.
Speaker 1: It's just yeah, the Barefoot Investor, the Barehead Investor.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you can't mention the Barefoot Investor. I actually said to him and I said, do you think I should get the Barefoot Investor book? Because everyone's talking about Yeah, the Daggers. I got, like, actually the day he I mean, he's his direct competition. KH has his own book about that.
Speaker 2: Do we have to cut that out?
Speaker 1: You don't have to cut it out so we can't talk about that.
Speaker 3: I'm like no, I mean like we like to him, talk to him, se him in the street.
Speaker 1: Just don't mention mention the Barefoot Investor.
Speaker 2: So has the job ruined it for you? Like you're still a breakfast TV fan now? Or is working in it kind of spoiled the magic of it.
Speaker 3: I think in order to have longevity in a job like this, you have to love it still. You can't get up, you can't go to work at three point thirty every morning and not like it. So yeah, yes, it has ruined for me because it's not as glamorous, it's not as interesting because they do it every day. But I still love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay, well there you're officially out numbered. Match there's three of us against one breaka TV fanatics.
Speaker 3: You don't like Breakfast TV?
Speaker 8: No I do.
Speaker 1: I'm just never up. My show airs at midnight, it finishes at mid nine, so I'm asleep. I wake up at eleven.
Speaker 2: Jenerm and Jenna and I were like tragics, yes, as we were growing up for Breakfast TV. So we're nerding out hard right now.
Speaker 3: You guys are from New South Wales, Yes, so were you? Who did you? What would you wake up with today?
Speaker 2: Or yes I did?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, wow, that's why you kept me out there for so long.
Speaker 1: Maybe Jenna's got a car step and a tattoo on a yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of the Today Show, obviously Sunrise and Today have been in launch competition for as long as they've both been around, but recently Sunriser haven't had as much of a hard task on their hand because obviously the Today show got rid of Carl, and their ratings have not been favored after that, and now they've just announced that they're bringing back Carl Sephanovic. So I just need to know. I want to be a fly on the wall in the Sunrise office first. When he was fired and it was announced that Deb Knight was stepping in alongside. You love Deb Night, don't you dinner?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 6: I'm a sucker for Deb.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about Dev?
Speaker 3: I think Deb's great. I think she's a great newsreader news reader, and so's Georgia Gardner.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe they Obviously they weren't as successful because in recas TV you have to offer up part of yourself, a lot of yourself, and maybe she didn't suit that as much as she does. She's a great six pm news.
Speaker 6: Reader, though I agree with you there.
Speaker 2: I remember when Georgie and Deb came into Kiss to be an interviewed by Kyle and Jackie Oh, and they're like, yeah, we're really looking forward to, you know, finding our banter.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, if you don't have it already, that's not great, and we weren't sure. I remember when Deb and Georgie were announced the first show they had together. Obviously, the ratings come out the next day, so the next we all rushed the emails to check what the ratings because we didn't know people might love too females.
Speaker 2: Yes they might, So you guys actually didn't know.
Speaker 3: We had no idea if Australia, if they were going to be a threat, people were going to tune in just to see what was going to happen. They didn't what happened.
Speaker 1: I actually don't know. How do they rate on their first as terribly?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: They well, not terribly. You thought you think on your first day people would least tune in just to take a look at it and see what it was going to look like. And they didn't really do that.
Speaker 2: Oh no, there was a lot of boycott today when Carl left. So anyway, what was it like the day that Carl was asked over at sunrise? Will you guys like popping champagne and being.
Speaker 3: Like shit, No, No, one was probably just to clarify when somebody loses their job in this industry, it sucks for like, it's not nice because you know how hard it is to get to work right, So no one felt good about it. But to give you context, so I remember the day Lisa left the show abruptly. Yeah, that was such a big day. And I remember that day more more than I do the Carl day. I remember because we have a segment on something. We used to have a segment on CNARI, so we'd go through every front page of the newspaper, but on every front page of the newspaper all around the country was leasing Stja, So we thought, let's just not today. Well we just did. We just dropped the segment and that was a shock because no one was expecting that. But the lead up to Carl leaving, we knew he was going to let something had to give, right because they were rating poorly and they were and every day there seemed to be a news story about his personal life. And when a news personality becomes the news, there's an issue.
Speaker 2: I feel like I see the Sunrise host in the press a lot.
Speaker 1: Is that a problem?
Speaker 3: Nobody likes reading stories about themselves in the daily mail, right, because well, I mean I probably would, Yeah, you definitely, But yes, yeah, it is a problem, of course, because when you when that becomes more newsworthy than the news you're reading on an autoque then yeah, it's it is annoying, and it's annoying for them, Like you know, it's you already offer up so much of yourself every single morning for three and a half hours. Do you there are some things you want to keep just to yourself, I know.
Speaker 1: And the amount of fucking drones poor Sam Marmita just had above her, Paul, I mean, for Christ's sake, give her a shot. Caun't let to shoot them down every day every day, Paul, Sam, she's like another drone in my backyard and my well, do you want to see her nude? Do you want to see her cooking? What do you want to see this poor woman doing?
Speaker 3: I know she'd be a good aim too, she wouldn't miss the drone. Oh yeah, she's a good country girl.
Speaker 2: She strikes me as someone who's very good at archery.
Speaker 1: Give Sam armitage. I remember because my mum is fanatic. My mom's like the three of you, disgusting fools, and she is die hard. This is the one episode of this podcast she'll actually listen to it. Michelle, Michelle, Michelle, I'll come. Can she invite me over for a tea or something? A spaghetti?
Speaker 3: She friend? Or is that your dad?
Speaker 1: No, it's dad, No, Mum, Mum will invite over a rose, trust me a shadi. She the day Sam Armitage was announced, she was so ecstatic. She was like, I've been watching her. I've been watching her and she was doing this, and she was doing that, and she was sad to see mel Doyle go. She'll be great on the Sunday night. She said, Well, but what's it like to work with Sam because she's a bit of a pro.
Speaker 3: She is a total pro. So I was, as I said, a huge fanatic of Breakfast TV. So imagine my first day walking in and seeing these people who I have literally been watching forever and in a way kind of idolized. But Sam is my favorite. Like I think she I don't mean it. It's like I just love working with her because we have the saint. She has a really wicked sense of humor. She'll tell you when something shit in a non offensive way, and she just she just keeps you on it. She I really like working with her, get along with her very well.
Speaker 2: One thing I liked about Sam was because they did a live a cross to me in Bogenate, my hometown, when I had a video go viral and she invited me on air to come in for work experience. My bloody held them to it, of course, And when I went in all these months later, she actually goes, oh, Mitchell Koonsenboggate, how are you? And so I was like, the amount of people you probably do live crosses to on a daily basis, let alone like within that space of a few months. I did not expect her to remember me at all. But she knew my name, knew I was from. She was probably studying or something the night before. But yeah, I was like so nice that, yeah, exactly, someone's in area and being like, that's Mitchell.
Speaker 1: Does it happen? Do you get did you give that hilarious imagine that? Are you in a e?
Speaker 3: Absolutely fucked?
Speaker 1: I did not know.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you get so used to them and you see them go to say something and you can see them going, oh fuck, I forgot like that person's name or what I'm talking about, and you just have to be like, oh, you know, it's Julie.
Speaker 1: She's got cancer.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could do that. I'm going to I'm going to try and speak to you, Blake, Mitch. You just whisper sage directing them my ear. So if I can keep the sentence going, because I reckon I would just I couldn't do two things at once. Yeah, cool, go okay. So so coming back to the whole Georgian dev Knight thing, obviously it would have been interestings going into that with a new duo salary on.
Speaker 1: Carl and then asked the car did you have a car park?
Speaker 2: So obviously the double female presented thing that went for the Today for women, why do you think it worked for the Today Show in the US? Two females? You are not states in Australia.
Speaker 3: Breaking impeachment news, don't because the women in the US had offices. Savannah and Hoda came up the back of the Matt Lauer saga this is great, and people were sick of men. They were they were pissed off, they were angry, and they thought, yes girl power and Hoda was already part of that team. And Savannah and Hoder are actually best friends in real life.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love these two because I love I didn't get to say this because you just attacked me the tsunami of morning show. I love late late night programming in the US, so I love Saturday Live. So I then have holder on they do impressions of Hoder.
Speaker 3: That would be the best show to produce. That's just formed a glass of iron and let them go.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, we're talking about the US Versus Today Show, the fourth hour of the day at eleven a m.
Speaker 3: Eleven.
Speaker 1: Yes they drink white wine.
Speaker 3: Yes, they've got two.
Speaker 2: Chicks that are drinking white wine. It's a whole vibe. I whish people drink on TV here. But one of those two girls is now doing like the actual main Today show as well. I thought that she was bestie is with the eleven o'clock girl, and.
Speaker 3: Now you're telling you she is her and Kathylae give it up very close. You can't have two, you can. You absolutely can.
Speaker 1: Mean me and you and Jenna and I were all best friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't go off and do a show separately with Jenna.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 3: Actually, but Kathy League if it's gone now, yes, now it's Jenna bush Hagen former first daughter.
Speaker 2: It actually is a Jenna.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's cross to the show and actually breaking in a little.
Speaker 3: Brute sort of like our sister show. So I get in every morning and I always scroll through to see what they've done.
Speaker 2: Hold is a professor laugh holder, So you're copying the Today Show US.
Speaker 1: Copy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, of course.
Speaker 1: You've got to.
Speaker 2: So a lot of people compare Sunrise and the Today Shape here obviously the two uzzy breakfast shows. What would you say the differences are between Sunrise and the Today Show?
Speaker 3: I guess the difference is the is the personalities on air, and that's what makes or breaks a TV show. So the success of any breakfast TV show hinges on if people at home think that the people they're watching get along and are friends in real life. And I think people.
Speaker 2: Imagine if I wasn't allowed to insult you, Mitch, I.
Speaker 1: Know right, we'd lose all our full listeners.
Speaker 3: You can insult, that's fine, it's just as long as you know, like Christian Sam have a great that they come from completely different backgrounds, Devin Georgie. Just look the first of they look the same and they're also you know, middle aged white women from Mossmen like privilege. Yeah you know, so I think that was unrelatable for people, and I think the personalities on air, the dynamic on air, is what makes or breaks. So the producers can we could interchange, we could write the writing styles are saying what you know, the stories of the same. It's the it's the on air talent that make or break.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: So, now that they've announced that Karl Stephanovik is coming back to the Today Show because ratings weren't great without him again, what's the vibe in the Sunrise office on that? Is it like, oh, game on, they're going to be more close in competition.
Speaker 3: Well, we never got complacent. We never just I mean, we've Sunrise has run won the ratings for fifteen years. We haven't ever got complacent. Obviously this year the margin was much bigger than it had been before. But yeah, we had never we never got complacent. And people talk and we knew that this was coming, and I think they had to bring him back. I think what other option did they have.
Speaker 2: I think I think I didn't think that he would do it, because he said so openly that he didn't. He was like happy to not be there anything. It's less money though I heard all this, Well, I think that's I don't know if that's true.
Speaker 3: I think that's a really great way of winning back the viewers, saying well, look, you know it was my mea koppa whatever I've I'm coming back I'm taking lessons, and I think if the Today Show says to their audience, we made a mistake. We listened to you, we heard you. We're bringing him back like.
Speaker 1: A sonic the Hedgehog thing that's like the trailer dropped was terrible. Yeah yeah, and everyone's like.
Speaker 3: Okay, well they listened to us, So yes, and I think bort into respect that. So yeah, of course we're worried, because we always are. But he was acted in the first place for a reason. Yeah, so maybe, well people just remember that. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Probably. So he's being paired with Alison Langdon, who is a sixty Minute supporter, and I haven't seen like heaps of personality from her. I'm not doubting her, but what do you think she's going to be like as Carl's new co.
Speaker 3: I think she's a good balance because car has enough personality for everything. Yeah, so she's a great and she's also a great journalist. She was hosting Weekend Today and really well with David camp. I think she still is well she yeah, yeah, until exactly gotcha. So I think it's a great choice. I think she's a really good balance, and I don't know her personally, but I know people who work with her, and I've heard amazing things. Apparently she's very lovely.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about Alison Langdon, Jenna, because you would ever say to when Georgie Gardener left today?
Speaker 6: So I was, But I am a fan of Allison Langdon, and I submit, yes, she's been doing great bushfire coverage lately.
Speaker 3: So yes, why do you Why were you sad when Georgia Gardner left?
Speaker 6: You know, I grew up with Georgie.
Speaker 1: And she was Georgie's Jenna's auntie.
Speaker 2: So yeah that when Georgie Gardner was first brought in to replace Lisa alongside Carl, I was like, I liked Georgie as a news reader, not sure how this is going to go. But Jenna was absolutely beside herself.
Speaker 3: She goes, I love Georgie.
Speaker 6: I was very happy, but I wasn't too sure about the dynamic between deb and Georgie.
Speaker 3: No, they're too Georgie and Carl. That didn't work either, did it.
Speaker 2: I actually enjoyed the fact that they could quite clearly not see each other love.
Speaker 1: I love that they was kind of like sexually tensed. Sexual tension there, I thought, so a little bit Carl with anyone, but he makes pop plank christ.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's kind of like, I get this sex appeal of Karla.
Speaker 7: People like that.
Speaker 1: I want to know. So obviously talent's very important, right is it true they're paid through the roof? Like are they just like surely you can't give his numbers and you probably don't even know, but it would be public knowledge what Coshy and Sam are on, right, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know what they earn. I know I have an idea, but I don't. I don't actually know, nor would I ever ask them, of.
Speaker 1: Course in the ear. But yeah, how much how much you are? Sam, I'm talking to a bushfo. However, how much you are?
Speaker 2: Tell me if you want to coffee your shout obviously.
Speaker 3: No, I do make jokes about how much money they have all the time. Yeah, I do so today actually today because she said I was talking about how once I was burgled and and he said I have never been burgled. And I was like, well, you know, when you have twenty four hour security, it's it's easy not to get back right. So obviously, and we've been to he he had a Christmas party at his house.
Speaker 1: Met you want to say manchion wall. Yeah, it's very here's a state.
Speaker 3: But yeah, they of course they earn a lot of money. Yeah, because they have the same as Carl and Jackie and the same as any when you're when you're n Yeah, yeah, I'm sure you weren't a lot.
Speaker 1: Persons telling me to shut up. But they have to.
Speaker 3: They have to get they get paid what they're worth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, agreed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's and that's all I'll say about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good good. You used to work really closely with Edwina bartholemy right, she's on maternity leave now.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I produce her because I produced the entertainment in the mornings and that.
Speaker 8: Was what she did.
Speaker 1: Right. She's fine.
Speaker 4: I like her.
Speaker 3: She is really great. I love her dearly.
Speaker 2: She seems like a lot of fun. She seems like someone who would go off script. How much of it is scripted versus unscripted on that show?
Speaker 3: I think it's all well, it's all scripted. It has to be scripted because it's the news. You can't add lib the news.
Speaker 2: But for some reason, I just maybe in her delivery, I just felt like Edwina was just telling it in her words, like well.
Speaker 3: I'm going to take that as a compliment because I think after working with her so long, I got you right how she thinks exactly? Yeah, and she doesn't really she stuck. She's stuck to the script because as she should do it so well.
Speaker 1: You're going to link everything back to you being talented. I write their scripts, I dress them.
Speaker 3: I do give advice on the outfit.
Speaker 1: Has cause she ever walked out in a in a mauve tie and you've got David Gosh, polish your head, put a different color tie on.
Speaker 2: No, have you ever offended any of them by giving feedback on their outfit?
Speaker 3: I have, Like I'm very you know, I'm very big on facial expressions, and I think it says a lot when Sam will walking to the control and I just look like she's like what what? And I think I upset her sometimes with that.
Speaker 2: But do you give her a glance?
Speaker 3: I just do the up and down.
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was the original question?
Speaker 2: I said, how much scripted versus unscared? She seems really casual and like she's not read it.
Speaker 3: He was first a producer before she was.
Speaker 1: On a talent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she did my exact job.
Speaker 2: Didn't she win a competition or something, Yeah, get on there.
Speaker 3: She I guess the right place, right time. I guess she was a producer and then they needed so then she went away did some radio, and then she came back as a reporter and then was the weather girl for a very long time. So she is a producer before she was on her talent. So she she's the only one of them who will write their own packages and write their own scripts because she How does it.
Speaker 2: Work being a designated producer for a particular presenter. Do they come to you being like, hey, I think we should cover this story, write it up or do you just write it and say this is what you're covering? And they go all right, not particularly invested in it, but I'll just read what you tell me to Yeah, the latter, really, yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: Well, with Eddie, I will always send her like, this is what we're going to do today, and then she'll be like great, and then every you know, and then if she sees something, she'll send it to me. So let's include this as well. And she's she's the one who has to read it out loud, so I just trust her, you know what she wants to do. But no, they genuinely trust us because we get there before them where we were across it more than they can be across it. Yeah right, Yeah, God, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like I couldn't do that because unless I'm like actually invested in an idea or a story or something, I feel like I wouldn't be.
Speaker 1: Able to do it. So that sounds like bliss for me. Sometimes I come in and I literally self produce everything. I wish it was just given to me and I could just do it. I think it'd be fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, and it's too much work. It's too much work. It's so much energy to be on there for three and a half hours every day. You can't also produce the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me.
Speaker 2: That's the beauty of the way we start the show, Mitch doing how is it just me? Is that like it's not because we don't know what the other's going to be? Yeah, you probably love that, But I get so nervous right before you do yours because I'm like, what if I have nothing to say on what he's talking about? Really, because I'm not planned. Yeah, I would hate doing what you do with Eddie and giving her this stuff and just her just reading it without having much say over it. I would be like, Nah, I want to be involved in the process.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think it's always funny when the host throat to Edwina or something and saying, Edwin has been following this story Eddie, that actually hasn't.
Speaker 2: And I wrote it.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I want to know you've been watching Morning was we were talking about at the start of the show. Yeah, that was my asking. If you're obsessed, we all are. Jenna hasn't watched it yet. There's no spoilers, quite clear.
Speaker 2: It makes no sense that you haven't watched it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, Jenna, don't have time.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll watch it this journ.
Speaker 3: It's eight ninety nine a month, Jenna, are you can.
Speaker 1: You we pay it. We pay a nine to nine a month, so some change left over. Jenny, you have to watch it.
Speaker 2: I am going to. You can get the Apple plus Bloody seven day thing and cancel it apter seven days. You'll be right.
Speaker 1: Oh your love it by your iPhone to get it for free.
Speaker 2: It so what I did it sounds like a way more expensive.
Speaker 1: You also get a new fine How true to life is that show? Because if you haven't seen it, it's we spoke about it. You don't need to recap it, but how how true to life is it? Is it legit?
Speaker 3: It is scarily accurate. There are moments in it where I think, did they bug our office?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: It really is so bizarre.
Speaker 2: See that show makes working in breakfast TV look so intense and political even it just looks like such a mind game. There is nowhere else in the world like a Breakfast TV control room. The words that gets said, that things people say. I remember from when I did work experience at Sunrise. I was like, thank god, there's no mics in here.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's where the real show is. It's behind the scenes fun and which is why Morning Wars is so great because it shows you what goes on behind the scenes and it's very true to laugh.
Speaker 1: Is everyone now? I don't want specifics and not even talent. I'm just asking about the team. Is everyone sleeping with each other? Because I think it just happens in an office space. People work together, they learn about each other. It's intimate, like you're in high stress moments you're in really you know, there's a lot of levity, like are people sleeping with each other in the office.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of young gay men at the Sunrise office.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's behind the scenes of any show exactly right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I've never slept with anyone at Sunrise.
Speaker 1: That's not what I was asking, but thank you.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but of course, like they also remember in the Channel seven building and there's there's news producers downstairs, and there's other shows that get so you know the Channel seven Christmas party. Absolutely people are going for really of course, I'm sure it's the same here.
Speaker 1: Right here, I mean David castus pajamas. I wouldn't say, no, there's the investor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm not ludding. You're right, you have great facial expressions because I just felt like I was about to be let go. I could see the severance package coming out of your locket.
Speaker 2: So what what exactly about the show morning was? Were you like, Oh my god, that is scarily accurate, Like what details?
Speaker 3: There is a particular moment where I had been asked at work if I had leaked a story about someone who will be I won't say who.
Speaker 2: There were five people on sun you can narrow it down, and.
Speaker 3: Which I didn't. Of course, I didn't leak the story because actually I don't even know how to leak it. I wouldn't even know who, like, I agree, like I have to like them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been asked the same here and I agree.
Speaker 3: And I obviously didn't. And then there's a scene in Morning Wars where Jennifer Andison is walking down She's walking the halls of No spoilers, JENNI, sorry, you might want to cover you it okay. So she's walking down the hallway in the middle of the night, and then the story leaks about how she was doing exactly that. And then she talks to her husband and says, oh, like someone someone leaked a story about me walking the hallways at nighttime. And he says, well, were you She said yes, but that's beside the point. Someone leaked a story about me, And that conversation has happened like countless times in the sun, right.
Speaker 2: Really, so they're like, who was it? Who was it?
Speaker 3: And imagine like going to what you can she can come back? Fine, Yeah, you're back, Jenne I didn't.
Speaker 1: Expect to have the heart attack, but when it happened on hours fuck.
Speaker 3: She said you were going to get down when Jenner Adison dies.
Speaker 1: When she dies on screen, it's awful.
Speaker 2: We were playing the moment that Jennifer Andna and sang earlier what a great voice she has?
Speaker 1: Did you get another little snippety? I didn't hate it, but I just thought it was a bit like I don't need it, you know what I mean? But you know, anyway, here it is Jenniferdison singing, Oh there's Ken de sad.
Speaker 8: You're not to worry, whistle by.
Speaker 1: Everyone. Demons will charm you with a smile for that's enough. It sounds like a haunted version of ring Ring around a Rosie.
Speaker 2: It's not as bad as you think.
Speaker 3: Deep and you didn't expect her to have any sort of singing books, so did you?
Speaker 1: No, not at all.
Speaker 3: You were so she's you know, she's doing a wrong You're right. Actually that's never happened at Sunrise, Like never seen.
Speaker 1: Samon, where's my sandwich?
Speaker 2: It's not Were you working at Sunrise when they did that bloody Sex and the City thing? I wasn't.
Speaker 1: That was just what is that?
Speaker 2: It was this segment that they did. One of the stars of Sex in the City was on Sunrise Charlotte to promote Kirston Yeah whatever, she was talking to it some refugee thing that she'd been doing some work I don't know, And so they did this like table reading where like Sam was one of the characters and that was one of the characters they've read the script and they had wigs on. It was meant to just be like cringe and like like a piss take.
Speaker 3: It's because Sam is a die hard sex Pretty fan.
Speaker 2: But the actress from Sex and the City on the show can't remember her name again. Kirsten daves that one she was just looking out like her eyes were off camera to her team like fucking helped me, And so it was just the It could have been a laugh, but because she wasn't playing ball, it was just fringe.
Speaker 1: So you went there, that wasn't your stuff up.
Speaker 3: But I've had plenty of stuff up since I've been there, and I just feel like, you know, we all get up every morning. We try and do the right thing. Yes, and sometimes it's a.
Speaker 2: What have your stuff up's been?
Speaker 3: There's one, a really big one that I can't I don't want to take any responsibility for that publicly, but there was, you know, a couple of big ones.
Speaker 1: It's controversial, you tweeted off Eddie's phone. No, sorry, I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: Of joking, No, no, but yes, So there have been many, many moments where I've made some errors and you know, that's just part of the job. Yeah, it comes handed.
Speaker 2: It's funny because when these big controversies happen, they don't feel like errors at the time. You don't expect the for that to be as big as it ends up being.
Speaker 1: No, And can I just say it's hard being like I'm not comparing myself at all. And even as I started saying this, but when you're on air and like you're expected to be pushing out a product and you're talking as much as you are and trying to be is entertaining. Sometimes you just say what comes into your head because you have to feel and you have to you just go with what is happening. And it's hard, like I've delivered things wrong that people have paid hundred thousand dollars for and it's like it just happens, So you don't do it intentionally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wake up and these and there are some things that of that don't offend you, that offend other people. And you just can't be across everyone's you know, offensive meeting, can you. Yeah, there was a there was one day in particular where protesters had gathered outside work and they were banging on the door. I'm more like, this is terrible, Like it's actually terrifizic. I had no idea that what a decision that was made at three thirty in the morning was going to upset this many people. But it's also a reminder of the reach you have, right, the great responsibility that comes with that. People trust you to deliver them the news and sometimes unfortunately you get it rock.
Speaker 2: You know, there was actually a lot of things that I had to crop out. I don't know whether you were nervous, Mitch or what, but I think it was the first and second show there were these Like there was Jenna how he said like five offensive things in one show that I had to cut out. Yeah, it was bad, And like you're saying, now, oh, you just have to fill the space. You just say whatever comes to mind, and I was like, your mind's fucked. Oh he said some really fucked things and I was like, I'm not going to repeat them.
Speaker 3: So, Yes, I've had about this room is that it just sets all the chair. Yeah, it just can't be out all the.
Speaker 1: Way to bring the mood down. I'm just going to go to something, to really choose, to relax. Everyone come back.
Speaker 2: She sounds good when she's singing with the other guy. When it's solo, it's a bit she knows the words.
Speaker 1: Give her a fucking break, of course she does.
Speaker 2: Wait till you see the show. It'll makes sense in context.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, that's straight after she gets shot, straight after she.
Speaker 3: Sings from the grass?
Speaker 1: Straight up? Who did this?
Speaker 2: Did you ever work with MELDOYLEA only in the sam day.
Speaker 3: I've only come into Sunday since same moment to just rain.
Speaker 1: Okay, question who would feel? Who would take their jobs if they were to leave tomorrow? Like who's in the wings waiting?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Everyone's in the wings waiting?
Speaker 1: Is that how it works? Everyone's like, I want it, I want it, I want it.
Speaker 2: Well, of course you.
Speaker 3: Want It's the best job in television. Yeah, there isn't a better job than that. I remember one day cause she got stuck in the lift at work for literally like forty five minutes. Oh shit, And he came out and he was like, you know, he mentioned he reeled off a list of names of like did this person call up? Did this person call up? Because everyone's waiting for and gosh, she's not getting any younger. Like, you know, eventually someone's going to have to take his job. I don't know who would be. I don't think anyone can fill his shoes.
Speaker 2: Well, he's actually scaled back to only four days a week, right, so it's Nat and Sam on a Friday, is that right?
Speaker 3: It depends on the day that he chooses the day, so he just goes normally one day. It's normally a Friday.
Speaker 2: Okay, what was was there any reaction there with the audience just noticing Koshi was away one day a week?
Speaker 3: Nobody, well, no one announced it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I noticed. Just it just started happening.
Speaker 1: This is news to me. I didn't know it very well.
Speaker 3: Ellen does that now too? She only does four days a week, your kid, Yeah, I noticed always a guest host. I just thought she had bron No every Friday for seven weeks.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah, I'm not dancing.
Speaker 3: Everyone's doing it, but he Anyway, what actually.
Speaker 2: Happens on Sunrise if one of the presenters is suddenly away, because obviously if they've given notice, it's fine, you get a feeling or whatever, but surely they'd give you plenty of notice, right.
Speaker 3: Example is maybe four only four weeks ago, Sam called in sick on the at about three three am in the morning. Okay, And I got to work and had found out that she was sick and this, and the producer gets it earlier. He said to me, can you start calling people? So I just had to call. So we knew that Nat would move up the desk and she'd do that, and then we needed to find the news reader. I was calling literally everybody.
Speaker 2: See. I would have thought it would be the other way around, like there'd be a bunch of news threads being.
Speaker 3: Like, but they're all asleep.
Speaker 2: Is it hard to convince someone to come in? Or are they like you feel.
Speaker 3: Terrible calling someone at three third in the morning and say, hey, do you I like running in?
Speaker 2: And was there anyone that didn't answer that you called?
Speaker 3: I called Edwiena a lot, but she was still asleep. And she wouldn't have made it intire had she already gone on maternity. No, no, no, she was towards the end of her pregnant. So was she still pregnant, But just before she left she started coming in a little bit later because when she was pregnant, I don't know what that's like and they so I ended up calling Angela Cox, you know her. She was away on the Gold Coast. Angie Asimus ended up coming in filling in.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she is like the most beautiful person in real life I have ever seen. Yeah, she's amazing.
Speaker 1: There you go, that's so interesting. What do you think of who are the two Julia Gillies.
Speaker 3: Julia Gillies, Kyler Gilly.
Speaker 1: Julia Gillard. I'm thinking of Kylie Gillies and the short one Larry Mda Larry, you were not right, no show up. I love them. I think they're great. Favorite two on television nearly You're.
Speaker 2: Not connected with them. You don't know their names. We're on the cloud.
Speaker 1: You just blasphem me. And anyway, I love those two and I would watch them day in, day out.
Speaker 3: Wow, they are very funny. They have great chemistry.
Speaker 1: To get chemistry. She's funny, very nice. I've got a sponsorship with BMW.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And also Larry's daughter works in the graphics team at Channel seven and she is stunning as well.
Speaker 2: His son is gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's so hot. His son, he's a model.
Speaker 2: You might see him on the side of a bus for like a paddle pop ad or some shit. Really, yeah, look at it. It's one of those faces that you go bloody know you, and then you realize, oh, it's Larry.
Speaker 1: I think their show is phenomenal. Really, I really like it, though I'm obsessed.
Speaker 3: Well, what do they like on Tudo Team? What's it like to work for them?
Speaker 2: Well, I've only just filmed packages.
Speaker 3: You've not actually met Oh.
Speaker 2: No, I've met them all. Oh, I've met them all. But I can't really comment on what the office is like because I don't work in the office with them. I just had to chime in there with the waving the studio ten banner when you're all squirting over the morning show.
Speaker 1: I also just feel like I don't like in what you mentioned before, how talent is so important and it's like welcome to the family. It's massive in the morning show.
Speaker 3: It's like I just kind of jammed too many people.
Speaker 1: And also I loved Denis Drysdale and I love that, but like, let's like, I just think it needs a fresh en up.
Speaker 2: No, that's that's what I like about it, that there's not just the two people on there. I like it. There's much.
Speaker 6: I like how random it is yeah, and it's.
Speaker 3: Is it trying to be a bit like the View?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I reckon it's it's I see it more like the project.
Speaker 3: I liked it.
Speaker 2: It's different hosts most night.
Speaker 1: I think that project's a good point. The project really nails it. Do you like the Project?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 3: I don't get the humor, Like I don't get it just doesn't appeal to me. And I think Carrie is really funny and I like her a lot, while he doesn't really do it for me, Like I think they stopped telling me what to believe, Like I'll make that decision for myself.
Speaker 2: Sometimes the project seems a little bit too scripted, even the jokes.
Speaker 3: And a lot of it's most you know. What it really annoys me about the project is that they have this segment where they poke fun of the media, particularly breakfast television. They made a joke about Georgie and deb recently and there was a really awkward moment between Georgie, Debb Tony Jones. Yeah, and they like poked fun of it. And I thought that show is mainly recorded pre recorded at four pm, and it goes for an hour, it's easy not to have any awkward moments. When that happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Yeah, I tend to click better with the unscripted and like loose content, which is why the project being so fast paced is kind of like what, which is why I tend to edit this show as least as I can. Yeah, unless he say something really fucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm learning. I'm learning that when I also.
Speaker 3: Have comedy writers on that show. Yeah, yeah, which is and they which we don't have.
Speaker 2: It's just us too much.
Speaker 1: Well, I have a question, So, like we're at Q and A, I have a question, A darning. I feel like the school kid, you know, that school kid that did really well, like you could string three words together, and everyone's like, this should be the Prime minister. Let him do his Sorry late night programming. I'm obsessed, and I love the Late Show, the Tonight Show, the Late Late Show, everything, I've seen them all love it. I think we need it here. But I also also think that is not really mark.
Speaker 3: They tried that didn't It doesn't work, But what with what do they have? That rove was that and then he came back recently and that flop, But that.
Speaker 1: Was all wrong. They shouldn't have got they shouldn't have had him Saturday night was Teriday night.
Speaker 3: Who's watching TV on a Saturday night exactly right?
Speaker 1: Like Jenna Family Fun back to Saturday Night. Do you think we could have a Monday to Friday late night like what Rove Live was or back in the day, because that was successful.
Speaker 6: It was it was.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's the appetite for it anymore.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 3: I really don't think there is in this I think where Australians like to watch their crappy reality TV in the nighttime, and I don't know, I just I don't think. I can't see it working. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I just don't.
Speaker 3: I can't see it work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there's like snackable bits that you get on like the viral videos that fell and Gets and like kim O, they all get it.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing. They're snackable. You can just get them that way.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: But that's right.
Speaker 2: They're still be made for TV though, Yeah, but they probably have that audience in mind. Now, Oh this will go well online, Oh for sure, that have to. Yeah, so the whole show probably doesn't rate as well as Carple carry Out You does on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know that's true.
Speaker 1: Good point. Yeah.
Speaker 3: James Corden, James Cordon I just find him like, why does he sing all the time?
Speaker 1: Because he's Broadway He's a broad By actor and his theater he studied, got a professional background.
Speaker 3: I just need to let them do the singing Broadway actors. No, let like bloody.
Speaker 1: Ye need to just like that's what they do now, I know what you meant. I like him. Stephen Colbert is my favorite. Very political.
Speaker 3: I didn't see his New Zealand things, so it's phenomenal.
Speaker 1: It's me so we consume it like this is good, like that could work.
Speaker 3: But those shows have such big budgets and which they need to get those get the talent that they get like that, you know those funny viral kids, they offer them like ten grand. They of course it's exclusivity. They start a contact. He can't do anyone else. And that's why Ellen and stuff compete with like America's got talent and stuff to like get those funny people on those Vira clips.
Speaker 1: Celebs that are booked on your show, and I'm like talking Late Night and stuff like that. Are they paid money?
Speaker 3: No, because they're promoting something Yeah that you wouldn't pay anyone to come on this show on any radio show. Yeah you don't. That's the commentators and stuff, that's the livelihood they get paid. But no, not the not the people who are selling their book or their album or anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 3: Who's your favorite? And everyone can say who their favorite Australian media TV personality is not fun.
Speaker 1: I'll go last because I forget that.
Speaker 6: I very question.
Speaker 1: Him.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's my favorite and old school. I also like who's hey Heymers love me some Darryl I As a kid, I remember my uncle said to me, He's like, you're the next Graham Kennedy. Boy, Graham Kennedy. I did some research past, but I mean, I'm sure I would have liked to him if you he was.
Speaker 3: Gay as well?
Speaker 1: Was he really? No?
Speaker 3: Oh have you not seen the Graham Kennedy tell a series. It's a Graham Kennedy Teller series, right, but it's great. It's like it's just a TV show. Yeah, anyway, the point, yeah, he can still be great television personality and yeah, well you'd hope so well, I hope.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's the biggest outgame? You keep thinking? You too will keep talking.
Speaker 2: Hamis McDonald would be wouldn't he openly?
Speaker 6: Game?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Projected.
Speaker 3: Now we're doing Q and A. Yeah, oh yeah, that's I don't know who else. No one on our show that I know of, No one on the show. She's by curious, no I know.
Speaker 1: Imagine that it's Hilary wasn't an elevator. He's going down somewhere else. Okay, Jenny, you go first, because yours is a big one, because well is the co host and you know you love TV.
Speaker 6: Well fine, then mine would probably be Carrie Bickmore.
Speaker 3: She's a great West Australian, true, true, meant to Perth modern.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but also because she's an ambassador for brain cancer and all that.
Speaker 3: And Ghania that's really good for you know, the.
Speaker 1: Of times I wanted to go and buy some of my cella water because she told me, oh idea, but she's told me I want all.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: I don't know, No, I don't think I could not narrow down one, to be honest. I really like Mel Doyle. I really like Chrissy Swan. I really I do really like Denise Dryasdale like I like Ida Buters, I like ben Fordham I don't. I don't think I could have like a standard, but those are probably the top tier. And Sarah Harris obviously, yeah, put her in there. I do, just like all of the people on Studio ten.
Speaker 3: What do you think of Sunrise as viewers? What do you think it like?
Speaker 4: Do you?
Speaker 3: Obviously you don't consume it, Mitch.
Speaker 1: No, but I watch Barbara and what's his name, Larry? I love them.
Speaker 2: You clearly don't. Did you answer the question of who your favorite Australian.
Speaker 3: Present No, I didn't.
Speaker 2: You know you know whom?
Speaker 3: I don't know if I can say this in this room, but I love Kate Richie. I say I love her, and I love her because she's the only person who's ever come into my work and I've been too nervous to say hello, to introduce myself because I just love her so much, to have this vision of her as it's the nicest, most pleasant lady, and I don't want to ruin just in case she isn't.
Speaker 2: I was only thinking, like the TV presenter path that opens up a whole.
Speaker 3: Ye, now that you've mentioned Eyesian, Yeah, sorry, I just really like Kate Richie.
Speaker 2: Now, oh my god, Jenna, we forgot about Amanda Keller. I know That's why I was so obvious.
Speaker 3: Choice do you love about it? Is she lovely? She she's exactly, she knows your name and girl?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, she's also my top three love Amanda.
Speaker 6: Amanda's my number one.
Speaker 3: She deserves, she deserves. She was robbed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she really was robbed.
Speaker 3: And I say that having in my car that I drove here in sam Max gold Logi campaign merchandise. That's funny, but you know I was still rooting for.
Speaker 9: The man doom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's beautiful. Yeah, the three of us here, if you were to give us media roles, because we're in radio, but obviously we want to get places and like, what would you where would you put us? You're executive producer. They go, you've got Mitchell Tury, You've got Mitchell Coombs, you've got Jenna Benson. Where would you place us in the workings of Sunrise or a morning show?
Speaker 3: Okay, it can be anywhere on air? Is that where you're say you're asking me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, where would you put the three?
Speaker 3: What you would be the weather man?
Speaker 1: Okay, fine with that.
Speaker 2: I'd be nervous about that because that's a lot of unscripted impromptu banter. He can say anything.
Speaker 1: No, I'm good with it. No, I'm good, but I know what to do, but don't give me a credit line to deliver.
Speaker 3: He also has a full time producer who like guides him in the right direction. So you'll be fine.
Speaker 1: You can do it on my arm. I can do with the producer.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's actually a great job because you kind of just he just can rock up at five twenty five, gets told where he is, and then just like just chats to people, which is great. Yeah, it's easy.
Speaker 2: I couldn't do that.
Speaker 1: That sounds dream goal. That's great. Yeah, I think it'd be.
Speaker 3: Great at that. Jennet. You are and you strike me as a news lady, like I think you need to read you're a serious news lady, and I think you are authoritative enough to read me.
Speaker 2: The news, I reckon. She would secretly love going to danger zones though.
Speaker 3: Like, oh yeah, we'd send you to the bush fire, as we'd send you to the floods.
Speaker 6: I'd be there in a second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, generally, like I'll pay for the cab, don't worry. Yeah, up my way.
Speaker 3: Great, great, and you'd be really great with you know, those sad stories and like, oh, I'm so sorry this happened to.
Speaker 6: You like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, you you'd appeal to that the heartstrings of Australia.
Speaker 2: Mitch.
Speaker 3: You would definitely one hundred percent be the entertainment reporter, just with question.
Speaker 2: See, I don't think I think I'd struggle with any job in a breakfast TV environment because I find it very difficult to pretend to give a fuck about things that I don't. You just see it in my face if I don't give a fuck about the story I'm into sing, I just feel like, well, Kim Kardashian has done something again. She's releasing a new perfume. Didn't know if she had any of it. This is her fourteenth.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but Eddie did that too. She like would be, she would be. And here's another Taylor Swift story, Like you know, she it's fine, It's okay. And I think if you get paid enough money, you can make for your face do whatever you want it to like you know, it's I stargled to contain that bitch every.
Speaker 1: Day does Yeah, he holds it right back, especially towards me. He would rip me to shreds more times than he does if he could.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's like you with the daggers that you give people about their outfits. This is written in your face what you're thinking and feeling. I couldn't do that. I've always That's something I've admired about TV presenters in general, is that they can seem really engaged about something that they probably five seconds ago had never given a thought about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is why it's very interesting.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that was the wheel of the chair.
Speaker 2: I thought it was someone revving him fucking motorbike.
Speaker 1: Gender reveal going on outside? That's the chair. Sounds like an out patrol.
Speaker 3: Why are the chairs in this audio proof studio? So yeah, that's really that's yeah.
Speaker 1: Sorry about that.
Speaker 2: Anywow, that was me.
Speaker 1: I think we should probably wrap this up. We've been going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, we've been talking while. We could talk all day, honestly we could. You've got to go to bed soon. It's after seven pm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my shows on a very soon. Haven't prepped.
Speaker 3: Competition? Who's your competition?
Speaker 1: Small? Yeah nobody. Yeah, but in the nights in Sydney we were above them. We went up we bit really yeah, yeah, well done between seven to midnight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you thought we were leaving but here you I always asked the question. Yeah, well, anyway, I hope people have enjoyed nerding out about Breakfast TV three have it's been fun. Where can people find you on Instagram and Twitter?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: At Blake nads with an S on Instagram and at Blakenadilla on Twitter. Someone else has Blake Nadilla on Instagram and I follow him and is much better looking than I am. What a fuck? I hate it. He's American with a Mitch.
Speaker 1: His name's Mitch. I just want the original Mitch. I want to be the Mitch on Instagram. Someone's got it. And they've offered him money. Really yeah, three hundred and four hundred, five hundred dollars Christmas Special And he said, no.
Speaker 2: You know what I think would be fun right now is if Mitch, you keep talking like you're talking, Blake, you demonstrate how in your job at Sunrise you get the host to shut the funk up. So pretend this is your little ear piece. Anyway, Mitch, what we're saying about your Instagram US.
Speaker 1: Yes, so his name's Mitch. And then what happened.
Speaker 3: We've got to wrap it up?
Speaker 1: Found him and then he passed to the break He passed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so I can do it.
Speaker 1: I can do it.
Speaker 2: You see I haven't done it.
Speaker 3: No, you haven't got a hard wrap, and there's like hard guys, we've got to go okay, and he.
Speaker 1: Never got back to me. But we'll see next week where let's cross sam with everyone.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: We'll see your leisure next time. See you everyone? Is it just me?
Speaker 8: Don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast app.
Speaker 2: Okay, welcome to A to D Brief. This is our secret segment. I don't think we have time.
Speaker 1: We've gone really over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we nerded too hard. There's no point in this segment.
Speaker 3: Isn't this the best part of the show though, Yeah, we got some juice from here.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I enjoyed that. I'm sorry everyone listening. If you didn't enjoy that, I'm too selfish. I didn't give a fuck. If ate it easy your favorite spell, we don't have time for it.
Speaker 1: But surely we can take a couple, I mean a couple of I love tweets.
Speaker 2: You definitely don't have time.
Speaker 1: That's t Marmachi. She said, oh love demn on the show. So she listens to live and one oh, oh my god, Eddie's had the baby.
Speaker 3: Boy or girl or gender non conforming.
Speaker 2: We have that way very much.
Speaker 1: The twins.
Speaker 3: Well, she's very like you know, material nappy like. Okay, she listened the Inner West.
Speaker 2: You know, what do you expect for anyone listening for the first time? Ady d Brief is our segment where it's unscripted and we go rogue and Mitch thinks it's funny to play a tweeter sound effect as though people are live tweeting, when it's real.
Speaker 1: They don't live tweet. They just tweet in the hopes that they cut us when we're on, and they do. I'm crossing live to Eddie. Now, hey Eddie, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So I love the sound of newborn babies.
Speaker 1: Want me to cut off boring stuff.
Speaker 3: Do you guys get any hate from like do you have? Have you got any like trolls yet? Like all people saying nasty things about you in your podcast?
Speaker 1: I got one last night. I haven't talked about the podcast about me in general?
Speaker 2: Oh did you?
Speaker 4: And it was?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 1: It turned so it was so promising and then went sour like that, I'll get it up because it's right here. So first of all the Instagram account I won't name them, but it's all about a dog.
Speaker 2: So I'm like a dog with it your personal my person.
Speaker 1: And it started with so it's just on the KISFM page. And scene post from today is this thunderbird Mitch. I didn't reply, Mitch, sister girl, you need to work out on replying. They sent me this selfie.
Speaker 2: Oh my ah right, so a trade and then he's bi curious like coshy dot maybe and then ready for this.
Speaker 1: This really pissed me off. I didn't reply. This was late at night. You're finishing like forty minutes, like whatever. I hope you get home safe and sound and your toota prius. Sorry, you don't seem like a car guy. You probably don't care, but that's expected from a narcissistic person.
Speaker 2: I'm like you, wow, in paragraph lots of weight you have replied to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I said this combo started off nicely. Took a turn.
Speaker 3: I got to a tweet once from somebody, so I well, I tweeted about the Climate school school kids leaving climate What was that?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 3: When they left school the protest and I saw a photo of them all in Hyde Park and I don't protest anything, souse. I don't care enough about anything in the whole world.
Speaker 1: And I saw a.
Speaker 3: Photo of them all in Hyde Park and I retweeted, and I said, wonder if they'll clean up after themselves? Like that's all I said. I get it. It was a leading thing. It was loaded. I get it. Anyway. I just like stirring the pot. And I'm not kidding you when I said so. Some big climate person retweeted it and said, wonder what angle sunrise is going to take on this tomorrow and put my like a headshot of me and like my bio saying what I do. And I got five to seven hundred abusive, vile tweets and and people said all kinds of awful things about And the only thing that upset me is someone said that I had a receding hairline and I don't.
Speaker 1: I actually actually don't.
Speaker 2: I was admiring your definitely do. I've just had to get used to it.
Speaker 1: N Have you ever had any mean tweets? Yes?
Speaker 4: I have?
Speaker 6: Oh really, what happened at our previous Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I do previous job.
Speaker 2: We used to work at this startup social media company called Amplifier. It was based around like YouTubers and fangirls, and they used to throw Amplify live like events where they brought you know, Tyler Oaklean stage show and she ran the social media for Amplify. Fangirls are fucking mental, yes, and.
Speaker 6: They have meant. Amplifier had a lot of haters as well. So during one of our live events, this was in Melbourne, I got threatened.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 3: So this is a real life mean tweet. They happened in real life.
Speaker 2: Happened about I started on Twitter. Just let her finish. It's like a witch hunt.
Speaker 1: Hod on the Jennifer Jenna underscore, they love you. I remember this. I don't underscore I remember this. Oh oh they've just retweeted you headshot again.
Speaker 3: You're okay.
Speaker 6: So it started on Twitter out of nowhere somebody, let's say, a sixteen year old boy. I won't mention him by name, but yes, basically, oh my god, okay, No, I was joking. He was like, oh, I'm going to come and threaten you with a knife.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he made all sorts of threats on Twitter. Yeah, he wasn't happy for some reason I can't remember. He wasn't happy with amplify. He wasn't happy with the talent coming to the show. He really wanted his favorite YouTuber to be invited, but they didn't come. I don't know. He was just a clearly quite disturbed.
Speaker 6: So that event came and I was like, oh, I'm going to get stabbed properly today. He was banned from the event, but he somehow snuck in, so the police were callned. Shout out to Victoria Police heroes, great, great heroes. They saved the day and kicked him out, but then he somehow found himself back in the event as well.
Speaker 3: This is a true crime podcast.
Speaker 6: Yea, he didn't have a knife, but he was looking for me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yeah, he got in.
Speaker 6: Trouble by police. The police called his parents and he freaked out and sent me this like two page long message about how so sorry he was.
Speaker 4: And all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, I'm sorry that happened to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That's awful.
Speaker 6: But it's a great story.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I think you need to work on the delivery, but yeah, it is a good story.
Speaker 2: Jane.
Speaker 1: That was terrible.
Speaker 2: I know there were points, there were points where we thought you were about to cry. But it's fine, yeah that you know your voice under shot.
Speaker 3: I got nervous for you just.
Speaker 1: Acting that her day was and it's a birthday. She's like, well, we had cakes and then the gifts general, what is going on? Who's that? Guess who? Mark Holden? He loves you, he said, if I give you a touchdown, that's me too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So she was meant to be a brief eighty D brief. I'm going to keep it brief. But my Twitter troll sorry, was similar to you. I just gave my two cents on something happening and regretted it later for this. So Ash London, who works at a different radio station, did an interview with which I'll see now Matte. She did an interview with Louie Tomlinson from one Direction and her co arably the worst memorable don't say oh that'll come.
Speaker 3: Sorry, no one's listening, So Louis.
Speaker 2: She did the interview solo, but she was introducing the pre record about to play it out and her co host wasn't there. He has no idea. He's like some I think it was Ed Cavali or something. He was just like he goes, oh, Louie wi one and Ash goes oh you know that one that's like kind of got that ratty facial hair, like that seedy one. And someone said, oh, the least successful one, and like they's made a joke, and so they didn't know he was, and they the trolls came out for deer Ash London been like, how dare you call him ratty? Your co host is so unprofessional. They weren't researched on who he was all this year, and I'm like, welcome to live radio. But yeah, they were going they were going for Ash, and I noticed that it was all saying, how unprofessional, You're so unprofessional. Your co host is so unprofessional, this station so unprofessional. The word unprofessional was being thrown around a lot, and so I my two cents, which in hindsight a bit of a bitch of I am, but whatever my two cents were. It's funny how all these comments about what isn't isn't professionalism is coming from twelve year olds who would never worked a day in their life.
Speaker 3: Now I think it's a great point.
Speaker 2: I put my phone down, kept going about my day, Refresh Twitter a few hours later and I had like hundreds of tweets and it kept going for days. They were like, who's this cut hunt coming for us? And like, I'm thirty years old and I've loved Louis for years. I've been working in a mine for years and you wouldn't know. And I'm like, well, then I thought I was. I was specifically referring to the twelve year olds that I was seeing these weeeks coming from, So that wasn't applicable to you. I don't know what thank if you're yes, Apparently I was making a big generalization about the fangirl community, who I earlier referred to as psychopaths. So I'm probably not doing myself any favors, but yeah, I just don't get involved with fangirl drama. They'll either shot with a knife or have you.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 6: Actually I remember that situation because they then tweeted me and said.
Speaker 1: Do you know that Mitchell Koomb's guy and all that.
Speaker 3: I can tease though that a former one Direction will be on Sunrise next week, so tune in. Great not Louis, not Louis, it's Nile.
Speaker 2: But I can't the one we had on Kyle Jakio this week, I can't say.
Speaker 3: I can't say, but just get if you are a one direction fan and it's your Morning on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: That's exciting.
Speaker 2: If it's Harry as someone who runs Carl and Jack's social media, just be careful with how that interview goes about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, comment, no comment.
Speaker 1: Had I had Vanessa Moirossi on on Twitter and people.
Speaker 2: Got so mad Vanessa Amirossi updates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had her on Vanessa Morossi, Oh my god, absolutely underscore.
Speaker 2: Everybody love Vanessasi. Can we get her on?
Speaker 3: You know what, Vanessa Alerossi has had done great work, subtle but great, Like she looks fresh, Like I'd like to know who her doctor is because she looks amazing.
Speaker 2: I've actually listened to the new albums. You can you please get her on?
Speaker 4: If you.
Speaker 1: Show three times and she's performed absolutely everybody live and why didn't you tell me this?
Speaker 2: I hate you.
Speaker 1: She comes in and she's like, hey manche I'm like, she does not have an American She's got a hybrid. She's got a hybrid one because she's like that Keith Urban level.
Speaker 2: Anyway, just bring her in. I want to I want to mon interview. I'll try and get her fright, Well, we should go squeeze in one more sound effect before we.
Speaker 1: Get Okay, let me see what I can do.
Speaker 3: Don't no sound effects except for the tweet, but not then you do like this is a d D.
Speaker 1: If we've got a guest with this, is that that's actually coschy? Yeah, he's tweeted nothing, he said on his phone. More I'm stuck in the lift. Fuck you better go, you better get it. No, that's all. That's everything. I don't want to do too many sound effects.
Speaker 6: You should find one of like sharpening knives.
Speaker 2: You know why, because of my story I could.
Speaker 1: I've got quite a bit. I actually loaded up a bunch to play on the show because every week different.
Speaker 3: Can you just type in something and like, that's the second I do on my show.
Speaker 2: I've been nagging him to get new sound effects for ages and climate change, marmitage.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Are we ready?
Speaker 2: What have we go?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Oh, I don't think.
Speaker 1: We want to play this. Do you have any holiday activity, Kyle? I'm not very hard to be.
Speaker 2: I'm not telling you. You don't need to.
Speaker 1: Think you've got a secret lover you. I think you would. It's all right. I think you deserve it. You're a bloody amazing woman deserve.
Speaker 8: If you did have a secret lover, how long would you want to keep him secret?
Speaker 1: For for forever?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well can you imagine that didn't happen?
Speaker 2: She she came out has taken recently.
Speaker 3: Who's sexiest couple?
Speaker 1: I did see that and he's in the sixties.
Speaker 3: He's so lovely though, I like it is the country boy. The first thing I said to him. I hadn't met him, and I invited, obviously Sam and him to my engagement party. And he said to me the first moment, and he's like, oh good, he's very country good. And I was like, hello, you're black. I must be going to your engagement party in March. And I was like, just what just I don't think he's ever been to a gay engagement party together with you. But you know, he's all for it and good for him.
Speaker 1: I had a couple of horses that would the lock at each other and they're both man horses with it. Hey question, were you there during the Link Cafe siege?
Speaker 4: Not that day?
Speaker 3: No, rather than there at the moment, right that happened happened during the morning.
Speaker 1: Show of course, right, that would have been scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had to do the show from all the producers to fly to Melbourne to do the show.
Speaker 2: Really, mate, Larry and Kylie had to break the door.
Speaker 1: I know if you're listening international listeners, we have a couple Google link Cafe Sege in Sydney. Horrendous wrapping up. I just want to know. Is it true that the glasses like this thick?
Speaker 3: It's very thick. It is bulletproof.
Speaker 1: Ah, there you go, It's all we wanted to know. Wow, guess who like the show? Guess Bill Cosby from prison? Oh wow, he's listening on my heart radio at.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, actually he's a fan of mine personally, is he?
Speaker 1: You and he have a bit of history we have? Well, all right, everyone, what a pleasure it's been.
Speaker 2: Well, this has been a fun show hanging out.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me. It's been so funny.
Speaker 1: An hour over but that's fine.
Speaker 6: Episode ever.
Speaker 3: Oh Jenna, thank you?
Speaker 1: I agree?
Speaker 2: Will you will you join us for our mclod's daughter special as well?
Speaker 3: When she died in the silo?
Speaker 2: Who no one died in a silo? Actually did, but I just thought of the cup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what happened in the silo? Someone?
Speaker 2: She nearly and I think about that a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because in the Dressmaker, the movie The Rest Makes someone dies in the silo. Oh my god, and I just think, how has that not happened more?
Speaker 1: They fell into the silo?
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's it's particular. If it's weed, it's fired, if it's some other kind of seed, or if it's a great you sink any drown in that in it?
Speaker 8: In it?
Speaker 3: Willam Hensworth actually in The Dress Maker, Yeah, died with Kate Winslet's is it a real thing that happens?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: On farms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can talk about this in the mclans.
Speaker 3: We save it for mclos socials. Blake Blake nads on Instagram Blake and on Twitter lovely.
Speaker 1: We'll be back next week episode eleven.
Speaker 2: Our socials are at a couple of mitchell For anyone wondering a couple of Mitches, I should say, for anyone wondering, don't forget to leave us the review we've written one, preferably like.
Speaker 1: Comment and subscribe please to what this Isn't this podcast?
Speaker 2: You can't like?
Speaker 3: How do you leave a review? I tried and I just couldn't. I just couldn't figure out.
Speaker 1: Are you the one that said? I also enjoy Rice and something else. But I don't tell them.
Speaker 3: Now, let me put it. I was on Spotify.
Speaker 2: Oh Spotify is different.
Speaker 3: Well that's sorry. That's how I consume my podcast disgusting.
Speaker 2: Have you got an iPhone? Well that means you get you're entitled to one review. Here, I'll do it. Hit me a fact. All right, we'll go.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, See you guys next week. Don't forget you can tweet us sits a podcast first.
Speaker 2: See you guys, Bye bye?
Speaker 6: Is it just me?
Speaker 8: Don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast app