Speaker 1: Laura.
Speaker 2: Come on, everybody, how are you laughing at Laura?
Speaker 3: I look, I'm laughing. I'm laughing at yesterday show. I'm laughing at how I yelled at Rock and Roll off the back of our intro.
Speaker 4: It was terrible. Well, I know, I know, I don't know. You really don't.
Speaker 5: And you also did Devil Horn rock and Roll.
Speaker 4: It was like how he was Jack Black.
Speaker 6: You know, School of Rock.
Speaker 5: That's what she was like.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I do things and then I realized one that I'm a bit of a loser and two that I'm actually like a really old mom.
Speaker 4: Like it just hit me all of a sudden, and I'm not I'm not there yet.
Speaker 3: I'm only thirty seven, but I feel like I'm much further into the future.
Speaker 5: We all know that.
Speaker 4: It's self aware. Laura is very important.
Speaker 5: It's cool.
Speaker 4: It's cool to be kind.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go trap in and listen to this. The annual list, the List We Love has just come out and it is the top one hundred cities in the world that you want to live in.
Speaker 6: Oh yeahs like the best city to live in?
Speaker 5: What are the big ones?
Speaker 4: Okay? Top three? Number three New York? Oh yeah, yep.
Speaker 6: Number two, Pari number one, which I'm not surprised about. Number one is London.
Speaker 3: The only thing about these list is that none of it is surprising, and I feel like, if anything, it's underwhelming, I want it to be somewhere really like rogue.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's not a lot, it's.
Speaker 6: Facts, like that's why it's not surprised. It's not lucky. You know, it's a variation.
Speaker 3: No, I do I want like prior delusion number one. I want somewhere that I'm like, oh, never been there. You can't go to that city totally.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hey, random, Well, Australia made the list.
Speaker 2: If anyone cares, so Brisbane fifty seven, Sydney thirty five and Melbourne beat Sydney at thirty one.
Speaker 3: Interesting, I mean who I would like to know how they how they picked this?
Speaker 2: No, that was male, Yeah, it's all perfect.
Speaker 6: Number one on outside Lauren, Guys, I do want to tell.
Speaker 2: You about a good deed I did yesterday, Like I feel like good karma is coming back from me because I did the ultimate.
Speaker 6: I changed someone's life yesterday.
Speaker 7: Does it count as a good deed if you talk about it and say that you did a good.
Speaker 5: Deal because the deed's still done. Yeah, true, true, true.
Speaker 3: You're a really, really amazingly good human bred. I can't wait for you to share it with the country moment.
Speaker 5: I'm next here at the pickup, I reckon.
Speaker 2: I am in for a pretty good Christmas. And the reason I say that is I'm a big believer in karma, and yesterday I just.
Speaker 4: Did like the deed of all deeds.
Speaker 2: So I was just walking in my suburb down towards the beach yesterday, and as I was walking, I had Delilah, my dog, and she stopped to do a poop, which she does out in the front of someone's house. And as she pooped, and this is the only reason I saw it. As she pooped, I saw like there was like a driveway and then there were these two big, beautiful like columns like posts out of the front of the driveway, and there was someone had obviously dropped their wallet and it was on the post. So like, someone had dropped their wallet and some others Amaricans obviously picked it up and put it on the post.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, so it's just sitting there, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Beautiful leather wallet.
Speaker 2: So I opened it up and it had unfortunately no cash, but I had jokes. But he had a license from Byron Bay, and I was like, oh, someone's obviously here traveling.
Speaker 4: It was like a young looking guy.
Speaker 2: It's like someone's lost it, like the worst when you drop a wallet on a night out or any time, like your whole life is ruined because everything's linked to it.
Speaker 6: They can you have to cancel cards.
Speaker 3: Especially when you're not local, and you can't just go and pop it in their letterbox exactly because I was like, I'll drop it off to them. Byron Bass I was like, oh, so anyway, I thought, you know what, let's test the power of social media. So I took a photo of his license and I obviously blocked out all the crucial information like the address and the date of birth and license number.
Speaker 2: But I had his photo in his name because I had tried to find him on Instagram and it wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Come up like I just type his name in.
Speaker 2: So I was like, hey, guys, what are the odds who knows who this is? If you know him, to contact me, if you've seen him, let me know, blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: I saw.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, once again, good Samaritan.
Speaker 6: It happened.
Speaker 4: So quickly.
Speaker 2: I cannot tell you how many people somehow knew who this was, like connections, connection, this is my mate, I know him, he's a friend and my friend. Like it was like one of those crime scenes with all the stream it goes to.
Speaker 3: So were people just like messaging you in your DM say yeah, this is the person and then tagging him so that you could find his profile.
Speaker 2: Yes, But then I got a message from him and I was like, hey, so many people a forwarded me this.
Speaker 6: Thank Like I cannot thank you enough for this.
Speaker 2: I'm on the phone to the police like this is a nightmare, Like it was such a disaster, and I was like, so chroughed.
Speaker 4: I was like yeah, ah, brick.
Speaker 2: And he's like I'm so stoked. Most people would steal and I was like, well, you didn't have any cash. But so I ended up getting his number and I was like, tell me where you live and I dropped it back to him nice. So I feel like and he was like, I can't thank you enough, Like I've been having a really bad time lately and this was really going.
Speaker 4: To ruin my day. So yeah, so I did a great thing. Don't want to brag, but b the power of social media is amazing.
Speaker 3: I mean, you only ever hear the negative stories from social media. I feel like this is a rare case where it's used for good.
Speaker 4: But they exist, don't they.
Speaker 5: Well, we have tracked him down. His name is Jack.
Speaker 4: What do you mean track him down?
Speaker 5: We found him through the power of social media.
Speaker 4: Actually, no, we knew.
Speaker 3: About this story, brit You shared it all on socials. But then also Jack messaged us at the pickup and said, there's actually a little bit more to the story.
Speaker 5: Share it, joins us.
Speaker 7: Now, Jack, welcome to the pickup, mate. Hello, what's your side of the story?
Speaker 4: Hang on, what is this the real Jacker? An actor? No, it's the real Jack Jack Jackie Jack from barn Bay.
Speaker 1: Hi, guys, thank you. I get a message from a friend from Newcastle who haven't talked to you in years, and he said, oh is it you? This is your wallet? You lost your wallet? And then I get a photo of bridge story and it's my wallet with my with my life and the photo of myself and I was when I was eighteen, my ID and I'm like, yeah, I was so happy to find it, Like I was so thankful she gave it to me. That what she didn't tell you is that it was actually on my driveway hunt like five meters from my door, from my front door, so if I'd retraced my steps, I probably would have found it.
Speaker 3: I mean, you definitely would have found it. I'm also guessing it was like down the driveway, Jacque.
Speaker 4: So I'm grateful.
Speaker 6: I can't believe you just outed me after returning your wallet.
Speaker 5: I thought you could pull the wall over our eye.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought. Yeah, I actually stole his wallet and I just returned it to it.
Speaker 3: Okay, well you're certainly not getting Australia there this time, but look very nice.
Speaker 4: I'm very glad that you're reunited with it, Jack.
Speaker 3: But I guess the thing is I didn't have to return it, but I did. Yeah, you're a good person. I'm glad that you opened it fleeced it for any cash that was in there.
Speaker 2: Jack wouldn't remember anyways, So funny I did say to Jack, and I was like just a heads up, Like before I got there, there was nothing in it.
Speaker 5: I didn't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't mean to take it from his house. It was only when I returned it. I've done it before with the dog.
Speaker 2: I took a dog from someone's lawn once, thinking I was saving it, and when I returned it, I was like, oh my god, you took it out of their backyard gate and You're like, I don't.
Speaker 5: Know how I've got here.
Speaker 4: From their kenneth. All right, well, look coming up, I reckon, I found the world's shortest marriage.
Speaker 3: There is a woman out there who has absolutely eclipsed what is and you know it's hard. Relationships can be difficult, but this is the shortest one that's ever existed.
Speaker 5: All right, that's next here on the pickup.
Speaker 4: Now, we all know that relationships can be hard work, right, put an effort, especially marriages.
Speaker 3: You know, you have your ups, your downs, you have your trials, your tribulations, but you know what, you make that commitment and you work through as much of it as you possibly can. You would think it's not the case for every relationship, though. There is a woman who is from Kuwait, and I think that this is possibly the shortest marriage of all time.
Speaker 4: Now, this is what's happened.
Speaker 3: So they've gone into they kind of like, do it in front of a judge over there, right, So they've gone into the marriage celebratory courthouse wherever it is and they've done it in front of a judge. It's an official set ceremony. Judge, they sign on the documents. Yeah they are, you know, say I do kiss the bride. They kiss each other. She turns around to walk down the aisle with her brand new husband deeply in love, and she trips over, and instead of helping her up, as you think a husband would do, he turns around and he calls her an idiot, and he beerates her for how silly she is that she fell down and that it was embarrassing. Anyway, the woman turns around and looks straight at the judge and says, and null this marriage.
Speaker 4: I'm done, So how how long? A twenty seconds? We're talking three minutes? Three minutes.
Speaker 5: Wait, they hadn't even left the chapel.
Speaker 3: They hadn't even left the chapel. They literally had only started walking down the aisle. And then she turned around and she was said, I'm done with this.
Speaker 7: If you can beat that, if you can beat three minutes, give us a call, because I don't think it's possible, I.
Speaker 2: Reckon from the sounds of it, if you can get divorced after three minutes. Because of that, she probably knew him three minutes.
Speaker 4: I was like, whoa, let's get married. Then she's like, well took men, big mistaqu.
Speaker 5: Well she tripped over. Maybe she was like blind drunk. Maybe this was like a.
Speaker 6: Vagasy kind of way. Surely because you so you can't just divorce over something so silly, and so it's not silly.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine the first thing your new husband does after getting married. I don't think it's silly. Maybe it wasn't, but maybe it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Imagine getting married. The first thing that your partner does is berate you and call you an idiot? What is that going to set you up for? If he's going to say that on your wedding day, how's that going to turn out in ten years time, when the romance.
Speaker 7: Has gone well much romances start getting married in front of a stenographer in a court.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but just a Nullet get it done and get it over with.
Speaker 5: Lexi's called on thirteen six five, LEXI, can you beat this?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Definitely.
Speaker 8: I broke up with someone after like three days.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's a.
Speaker 5: Little bit longer than three minutes.
Speaker 4: But what happened? What happened in the three day period, like.
Speaker 8: He just reminded me too much of my dad.
Speaker 1: And he was all like, I know that sounds so weird, but like you know.
Speaker 8: When people say that you didn't marrying like your dad or something like that, and it was just like too many things reminded me of my dad, like the way you would eat and just seed mannerisms, and it just was just becoming too much, Like this is the way how I think that's fair.
Speaker 2: I think that's if you can look at your partner and all you think of is your dad. Sorry, you can't be in a relationship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but my question is how did you meet?
Speaker 3: So you meet this guy at some point you're then committed and then after three days, like, surely the red flags were there, Surely he didn't just get into a committed relationship with you. And then was like, hey, I'm going to act like your dad now, Like how did you not see this prior?
Speaker 8: Well, I feel like you know, until you so I get to know someone, obviously a little bit more you start to see the true colors come out. But it just took a little bit of time and I went, yeah, no, this is becoming a bit too weird for me. Now and it's got to be like too comfortable. And then he was just showing me his true self.
Speaker 5: Well, my question is how hot is your dad?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: See seriously though, when you broke up with him, I need to know if you told him the reason, like the real reason or did you make it up?
Speaker 6: Because that I.
Speaker 8: Literally just said, Look, it's just like I just realized I'm not really to commit to someone right now, and I'm just like still, you know, getting out there and wanted to be single.
Speaker 4: And I got daddy issues.
Speaker 5: It's not you that's the problem.
Speaker 7: On the show, out of the two of you guys Britain, Laura, because we know I'd be just fine, who do you think it hold? Your answer and the Australian public listening now out of Britain, Laura, who do you think would survive in an apocalypse? I've got strong feelings. Prepare your cases and we'll answer that question next time.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: You may have seen this. It's breaking news around the world. Stats have been released out of the US.
Speaker 7: A third of Americans have revealed that they believe they would be the sole survivor in the apocalypse.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Third, that is pretty hot.
Speaker 4: But the thing is everyone thinks that they could do it totally. The reality is most of us can't.
Speaker 7: Well, thirty four percent of Americans. I believe it's a god complex. Americans think that they are the underdog, is what they said. The word underdog was used by fifty four percent of participants in this study.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of people's considering there's only one that's going to survive.
Speaker 5: One hundred percent. They're all idiots, They're all going to die.
Speaker 4: Why can't they be like a small little community.
Speaker 7: Like a third it's just one person, and thirty four percent believe they are going to be that one person survived.
Speaker 2: Firstly, that's dumb, because you need two people so you can procreate and start the world again.
Speaker 5: Well, here's that.
Speaker 7: Here's the thing I continued reading in this article. Ninety percent believed they needed to create their ideal survival team, which is a team of people that they'd band together with in the apocalypse to live. Number one most chosen person to be in the survival team is Dwayne the Rock Johnson.
Speaker 5: Forty three percent of people chose the Rock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it makes sense, it make sense.
Speaker 2: I think he's too heavily leaning one way in terms of I think you need a bit of everything.
Speaker 6: I think he can't run that fast because he's got too.
Speaker 5: Much weight with yeah, and he run, he has no protein, so would wither away to just be the pebble.
Speaker 4: You know who i'd want?
Speaker 6: Maybe like mcguiver. I know he's a fictional character.
Speaker 5: He was number five on the list. It's true, it's true.
Speaker 1: God he was.
Speaker 4: I want Bear Grills. Well, that's who I want.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 7: What I've done is if we're in the apocalypse, we'd be in Australia. So I'm compiling my top three least. Richard Wilkins would be number one, just because you like he's always around Number one, Number two, doctor Carl. For science purposes, I've got one spot left in my survival team. Take me Britt and Laura. I'll okay out of YouTube. Who do you think would survive the apocalypse longer?
Speaker 4: Who do you think would survive? I know my answer. I am the I am the third percent. Sound the one Remember one in three on the one in three, it's not one in me three on the third. I'm going to survive. Yes, I think you've got Laura and.
Speaker 7: You're not helping your case me. Okay, it's me I've come up with some apocalypse them questions. Answer them to the best of your ability. This will determine if you're going to be with me Richard and doctor Carr. Okay, Question number one, do either of you have any resourcing or scavenging skills?
Speaker 3: Absolutely yes, I have heaps. I am a mother, so I constantly do scavenger hunts. Every Easter, scavenger hunt. Halloween there was a scavenger hunt. I'm all about them.
Speaker 4: You need to be.
Speaker 5: Wait, so you think to keep me on, you need to you need to hide my meals.
Speaker 1: I may have.
Speaker 5: Street to doctor Carl's foot somewhere in this bush. Next question, but I believe you. I believe you.
Speaker 4: I'm better. I think it's established I'm better at that line. I think it doesn't even need my answer.
Speaker 5: I thinking, no, Laura's wide in that department. Next Are you kidding me? Do you know you've got the next one? Relaxed? Do you have an aline? Do you have any medical skills?
Speaker 4: I've got everything.
Speaker 5: I am so skilled medical skills.
Speaker 2: Thirteen years in an emergency department, working all around the world, resuscitated people.
Speaker 6: I've sewn up my sister's wounding her head in the Amazon Jungle.
Speaker 5: I have done it all. Wow, that's pretty Look.
Speaker 3: I know you feel very protective over this because you have studied, But I've done the CPR course for around the pool, I've got Hellen safety.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because when the zombies are chasing is we're going to want to sit by a pool.
Speaker 5: And Okay, Laura, you're doing really well.
Speaker 7: Question three, what would your weapon of choice be, britt Laura to defend yourself and defend me?
Speaker 4: Oh so jupid Brittany a stick?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, my weapon of my weapon of choice would actually be myself because it's highly likely that you I'm not going you are not going to have objects at your disposal. You need someone that knows how to use what they can, whatever they can find, and their own skills.
Speaker 4: And that is me, quote unquote.
Speaker 3: All I'm hearing now is BRIT's like I'm a weapon. That's what I'm hearing my head, Laura.
Speaker 5: Final pitch, Final, go back to the pool. Final pitch. Why would you survive in the apocalypse Britt over Laura.
Speaker 2: I would survive over Laura because I am physically stronger, I am faster, I have the medical skills. I have survived off the jungle in the Amazon jungle. I have traveled the world I have been in. I have a black belt in taekwondo, so martial arts trained.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: All right, I feel like I do pretty good because I'm a mom and I already keep two kids alive. So if I can keep them alive, I reckon I could keep myself and I could keep you and doctor Carl alive too.
Speaker 5: I'm choosing Laura. Sorry, I'm choosing you.
Speaker 3: Laura, But I'm really good with human fecings and stuff a lot.
Speaker 6: Rest in peace, both of you suckers, because you're gonn.
Speaker 5: Last about twenty seconds.
Speaker 3: To be fair, Britte, I think that that was a very uneven fight. I'm pathetic and I should not be. I'll be the first out in an apocalypse.
Speaker 5: We're okay with that.
Speaker 2: You would be our savior because as we're running, you would trip over and they would eat you along the way.
Speaker 4: So there's nothing to live for. It's an apocalypse. Who wants to be alive anyway?
Speaker 2: Also, Mitch and I procreating will starting on such a dumb hypothetical.
Speaker 5: Have sleep at me here, I'd be dead night once. When are we going to plug that? Your scene into.
Speaker 7: Dead all right podcasts, any of the shows you missed it if you're just tuning in.
Speaker 5: Britt was Mother Teresa yesterday and we revealed why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not all heroes were capes, but I do every second she does.
Speaker 5: That's on the podcast on iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Anyway to see you guys,