Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 2: It is just me myself, Laura, Brittany Hockley's in the Army of Celebrity again, Roll Jungle.
Speaker 1: Mitch Jerry Check, Laura man Check, Amy Girard, Kimmy.
Speaker 2: Girard, Jack Jack, Amy Girard's joining us.
Speaker 1: Sheers brilliant. You know we're on social media. She's got a brand new book coming out. Welcome to the show, Amy, How are you?
Speaker 3: Thank you? I'm good, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: It's so good to have you. Listen Amy, You'll know Amy have listened to.
Speaker 2: This is my favorite, one of my favorite videos Amy's ever posted to social media.
Speaker 1: Have a listened funny story. Today was an absolute show.
Speaker 4: And see brought in.
Speaker 3: Some washing following it, and I'm putting it back in the in my bedroom.
Speaker 1: I can hear like Kobe screaming.
Speaker 3: So I've right into the bathroom and I'm like, oh, my movie poop pulled him over and I looked down into the toilet.
Speaker 1: In his turd was a butterfly clip. How did he eat a butterfly clip? And how has he pushed it out his arm? How did he swallow a butterfly clip? Which is so funny. You would have seen her socials online.
Speaker 4: I love following Amy online, and I think for me as a mum who has two kids, Amy's got three kids. And I think one of the things is is that so often on online, on in social media, people make parenting look perfect and easy and everybody has the like everyone has the best case and the right way to do sleep training and this and that, and Amy just says it exactly as it is. Also, Like, Amy, at what point when you started your social media and you started this kind of like journey on Instagram and sharing parts of your life and sharing motherhood, when did you just kind of flip the script and go, you know what, I'm gonna share it with exactly as it is, which is what's and all.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: I don't even think I ever flipped a script. I just feel like I kind of entered social media as myself and as a person who has just grown up completely unfiltered and maybe slightly rogue. I just kind of took to the platform and just kind of shared it exactly how it was playing out in my life. And that is just you know, the warts and all kind of highs and lows of pregnancy and parenting and marriage and life and stuff. And so I kind of just gave it my own genuine personality and I interjected a little bit of humor into this.
Speaker 1: It's so funny. I saw you. I think you were on the Morning show last week.
Speaker 2: I was waking up and watching and Laura, you might relate to this, but you and you beautifully said and almost Shakespearean and quite poetic. You said that having relations with your husband at this point in time after having three kids was like feeding a tic tac to a whale.
Speaker 4: Is that what was? Oh that's beautiful, Yeah, shakespeare.
Speaker 3: Cool, right, so gorgeous, poetic almost, Yeah, I feel like it's quite a descriptive way to just get people on the journey with me. That's kind of what it felt like when I had three kids under four years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, yeah, okay, no, don't say you poor thing. Three kids, three kids under four years. It's rough and it's hard, and I feel like there's so much that goes on. But I think one of the things that people don't talk about enough is there the impact that has.
Speaker 1: On your relationship.
Speaker 4: Even though you're very honest online, I would say for a lot of people who follow your socials, you guys look like you have the perfect relationship.
Speaker 3: Oh god, it's far from the perfect relationship. It's definitely it's a consistently evolving work in progress, which I think all marriages. We're constantly working at it to keep it afloat. But I think you're right, like when you have children, it's not just about them kind of dropping in the priority number, Like you've got young babies who are so dependent on you, but you're also just so touched out. So by the end of a long last day which we all know goes for at least eighty five hours, by the time the husband, you know, gets into bed and wants to throw a leg over at you could literally throw an upper cut. Not because you don't love him or anything like that, but because you're just you're at capacity, you're touched at, You've exhausted all of the energy levels. And sometimes for me, I didn't prioritize, you know, intimacy and that connection at the very start of our relationship. Now we're better. We're making like we kind of do blocks and we try and do like a date night once a month, and you know, more often than not, I will cancel on him, but we're still trying. And I think that's the whole thing about marriages is just you're constantly something. It's constantly something that you.
Speaker 1: Have to got it. You get your tig TACs.
Speaker 4: Amy, Amy, your new book, Strap Yourself In, what made you want to write it? And what can people expect?
Speaker 3: The whole information it's kind of like a bit of a play on the whole insta versus reality, And I think the whole entire book, overarching idea is about like what expectations. Obviously it's a memoir, so it's written from my own personal lives in experiences, but it's what certain expectations I had growing up through life. So it's not just a parenting book. It's not just for moms and dads. I mean it's mainly mainly for women, but it's it's about like what I thought, you know, my career was going to look like, and what I thought warranting was going to look like, and what I thought marriage was going to look like, and then it's versus what it actually looks like.
Speaker 2: It is a pleasure to have you on Amy Gerridge Blood Hilarious. You can get her on a two podcast as well. Beyond my Likes, Beyond the Chaos, Strap Yourselfie and available now, Amy Gerard, thanks for coming on the.
Speaker 4: Show, Thanks Amy for having you guys.
Speaker 1: All right, that is us done for the week. To see you on Monday. Say goodbye by