Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: A couple of things I learned over this weekend. Everything in your life is better if your team win. It shouldn't be so. We should be able to toach from our sports teams. But I'm sorry it isn't so. Everything about your life is better when your team are winning. One. Your bed feels better, your relationship feels better, the weather feels better, you feel better.
Speaker 1: Everything is better when your team win.
Speaker 2: It's crazy how much of your own happiness you entrust with eighteen strangers that you will never see or never know in your life.
Speaker 1: It's almost too much, isn't it. Really? It's terrifying.
Speaker 2: So yesterday I was watching the game Sunday afternoon, and at halftime I thought, I actually thought, do you know what, I'm just going to not follow this team anymore. This isn't worth the stress. I'm not nice to be around. I was watching at home. I was in a good mood and at a great weekend, and then my wife was just like, think, I'm going to go and walk the dog.
Speaker 1: She was just like, whatever happening you hear this?
Speaker 2: FuG She's like, she actually said at one point, just don't maybe don't watch the second half.
Speaker 1: It's going to do this to you.
Speaker 2: I I can't. It's a bad relationship with your team. It goes up and it goes down, and in the second half they come back, they win. Everything's amazing, everything is awesome.
Speaker 1: And they did.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know, but it's just it's the hope that kills you. I'm now back in. I've doubled down, you know where. It's halfway through a halftime of life. I'm giving up following this club. This is ridiculous. What's up with them?
Speaker 1: That's liberating? Yes, freedom, I'm walking out the door. I'm there.
Speaker 2: I'm unluiasing it now. Suddenly I'm thinking I'm going to get a tattoo.
Speaker 1: I'm calling it. We're going to win the flag. Kley's going to be there to see it. Seriously, we should be so lucky. It's all on the other thing. I tell you this.
Speaker 2: Being able to google stuff during a TV show semi related to the show is ruining our enjoyment. My wife does this whenever all watching a show like, what do we know him for? It doesn't matter, It doesn't actually matter. The phone comes out. She's a serious Just google, hang on, I just pause it now, we have to pause. Why she has to research what we're watching. There was a time when for decades we just watched the damn TV show. We don't need to start researching everything. We've been watching this. That's a three part Agatha Christie thing on Netflix. That's seven dials. No, no, no, it's a dramatization. I'm not sure if you'll know about this younger generation. Agatha Christie wrote a couple of crime books.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. You know it's here a documentary?
Speaker 2: Are they making a documentary of another Agatha Christie book, Murder on Your Expresse? It's an actual documentary? How we It's not that crazy.
Speaker 1: She's made so many movies. We're gonna go and see the new Agathet Christie movie. It's the documentary? Is it? Is it a musical?
Speaker 2: Has she written silent with Lloyd webber An We starting to watch it's called The Seven Dolls Life Goes? Why is it called The Seven Dollars when it's set in London it's a big part of London. It's the Seven Dolls in Covent Garden. I don't think you're right, Went. I worked round the corner from there for twenty years. There's a pub in the middle of the Seven Dollars. Cool. Guess what the Seven Dolls. I know that area very well. I was there for a lot of my life. Hey, Siri, it's own area called the Seven Dollars in London. There is I get no satisfaction being right.
Speaker 1: It's just ruined watching it. Ruined the show. Now about the Seven Dolls thing.
Speaker 2: Anyway, my three word weekend is taking care of business, Pats.
Speaker 1: I finally got round to seeing it, Elvis Live in Content. What did it be?
Speaker 2: I thought it was incredible, absolutely incredible. I don't think Baz Luhrman gets enough credit for a bit and one incredibly gifted director and storyteller he is. The Elvis Presley movie was incredible, and then he's done this live well, he's edited together. When you're watching it, it's only an our and a half, it's like Elvis live in concert. It's like you really are there. And so I'm big Elvis fan anyway, So I couldn't find anyone to go with me. I went by myself. The other people in the cinema ninety nine percent middle aged women. Oh really, I was very surprised. I thought it was going to be mainly dudes like me, but no, no, no, it's ninety nine and also all getting their wine buzz on as well.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, what time of the day is it?
Speaker 2: Seven o'clock in the evening, So the second way to it all day? But anyway, Sabas Lhermann found sixty eight boxes of unseen Elvis footage and the Warner Brothers archives and then stitched together this whole. It must have taken painstaking forensic detail, but what great thing was. And everyone was just so into this live performance with Elvis. Everyone knows the story, but everyone gets lost in the tragedy. You know, the kind of characterature of what he was. You actually forget just what incredible singer he was. So when you're watching him and rehearse and singing, now Hardy worked with his incredible one of the best backup bands ever, you realize this what.
Speaker 1: A great singer he was.
Speaker 2: I left thinking, my god, I really if there was anyone I could see live from history, it would be Elvis President. Oh my god, I loved it, but I thought it was I thought it was a work of aren't we You know, at the height of that Vegas he was doing three to four shows a day for something like seven or eight years like that No Wonder, the podcast No Wonder, he had a physical, spiritual breakdown.
Speaker 1: It was just like and also he just puts so much into these shows. Yes, heart, soul, the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Also when they because obviously it's the seventies, and when they cut away to the audience, you realize it's a time before in visit line.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, cut from the American ornors. We don't need to see that.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell shown podcast