Speaker 1: Flex and Fruits. Oh it's the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Flex and Frooms here on the Flexing Rooms podcast.
Speaker 1: And we've got a little gift for you, a big gift. Gift giving and gift receiving is one of my large wide go thy gift, big.
Speaker 2: Fat one, and that is a little discussion about how old you should be when your parents stop giving you presents.
Speaker 3: A controversial one for through me, the same person who made her parents buy a new house because.
Speaker 1: She liked it.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it was a good investment, so they should be patting me on the back.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's often a little cut. Oh they're still time. Oh yeah, I mean they sold it so oh yeah, we'll go check in for that car. It's well deserved.
Speaker 2: What age do you think you should be when your parents stop what's it called not pulling out?
Speaker 1: Chopping out? Chopping out? Shut up, me, shut up? When your parents stop chopping out?
Speaker 2: Chopsu eighteen?
Speaker 1: Whoa? When we say last present your mum got you? H she gets me like little gifties all the time. What was last thing she got you?
Speaker 3: Probably an outfit? I was actually quite thoughtful because we were in going at the same time, but I left away before her, so when she came back, she knew that my measurements were still with our tailor. So she got me something made so thoughtful? Was it another like two P set? She's good like that, Liz, Yeah, let's give you. I say eighteen only because now that I've seen the cost of living, now that I'm experiencing it as a full adult, I just don't think kids are grateful enough for how much it costs to give you a big Christmas babes. By eighteen, you should have been asking for you exactly what you want, the MacBook, the iPhone, the little gaming console. And by then it's just little add ons, a new game.
Speaker 1: And new book. What is it you need?
Speaker 3: You need to get something new, something you need, something practical and something blue. No, that's weddings. But you like we're on the same page. I'm like practical, small, small, small, be eighteen eighteen. Damn yeah, get your back together.
Speaker 2: I'd say that the cost of my presence have been going down. Yeah, good, And I have started buying my parents' presence, which was very counterintuitive. But I guess now that I have my own salary, I should be getting them things I maybe I'm going to do a bit of regifting.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about that concept.
Speaker 2: I mean, my sister and I never get each other presents, but maybe this year I'll start giving her some regifts.
Speaker 1: Some influencer good is. Oh but that don't do it on Christmas? Have you no shame? She won't know. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nah, get into the habit of passing those on an any good old time. I just think that, like Christmas in itself, is such an expensive time of year, and I think that not everyone is built as a good gift giver.
Speaker 1: So you should sit.
Speaker 3: Out because I know for me, I don't like buying gifts for people when I don't know exactly what they want. It's a waste of my money, it's a waste.
Speaker 1: Of your time.
Speaker 3: It is hard, and if people aren't comfortable with like disclosing what they want, you're not getting one. I'm not playing this game with you. So with that being said, I think this pressure to get people gifts has led to a lot of bad gift giving, like that boyfriend I had one who.
Speaker 1: Got me a microwave disgusting.
Speaker 3: Not only do I not cook, I don't eat leftover's bab don't play with me, okay, with the program.
Speaker 1: Here with the program. Hint.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and again I don't do hints either. You think this bull doze of a person does.
Speaker 2: Hints, so ipso facto. Eighteen is a cut off age for buying presents. Anything after that is a pleasure and a trait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's what's that word I'm looking for, discretionary?
Speaker 3: Discretionary. That's pretty good that I knew that the dome. Yeah, you're amazing.
Speaker 1: I love that. Thank you, kisses man.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Flags and Rooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 3: For more, Tune in de Kate out on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.