Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: The rest of the world.
Speaker 3: What goes on in this hour stays in this hour.
Speaker 2: Even the boss doesn't listen.
Speaker 3: Ladies, gentlemen, welcome to the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show.
Speaker 2: We've made it through fair fast. Well done, Chack Donne, well done, me wedout us. It has been a long, hard February with no alcohol.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean there's a asist that's yours for sure.
Speaker 2: All right, let me just rephrase that it has been a long three quarter a month without any alcohol. But we're here a brand new month. Welcome to Binge March. Okay, let's get on it now.
Speaker 4: Make up for it much.
Speaker 2: Well, we didn't drink in February, we will drink today, so on that we are actually beer beer tasting this morning, aren't we.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Homebrew homebrew.
Speaker 2: Three weeks ago we spoke to a listener, Brendan, who was going to be doing homebrew for the first time, making his own beer. So we named it Mudwiser because my dad used to make homebrew and it was foul. To imagine the worst drink of alcohol you could have any life. That was muddy, silty, like he just scraped the bottom of the yarra and drank that. That's what my dad would brew up in the cupboard under the stairs. That we were never allowed to go in the cupboard under the stairs. So brew Master Brendan's bringing in his homebrew Mudwiser for us. The swrning our first drink of the last four weeks.
Speaker 4: Is going to make some silty mud.
Speaker 2: Yes, lovely, it put us of alcohol for four weeks. So on today's show, is the last ever? Pay your bills at seven o'clock? What are we doing at eight? What are we calling in? You want? At ten? One and four? It's the end of it for now we're up to almost sixty thousand dollars of bills paid off. So the last bills we paid are seven o'clock. How much money have I got left to spend today?
Speaker 4: Well, they're viewing us five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Five hundred hijack get this five Because you know my math has been terrible. I keep just offering people money without adding it up or rounding it up. It's five hundred and forty dollars and fifty two cents, not a cent more that's all I got left. So we've got an idea how we can burn that last bit of money. Just after seven o'clock this morning. Also got a brand new idea of how if you can kind of do an impression of a celebrity but not do too much of that impression. This is a brand new way of doing it and late change Totle BK for show next week. Tuesday's Breakfast Show now has to be live from my house. Found out yesterday my wife can have surgery. She had she blew out her acl last year right before we emigrated, and she had a quick operation and it hasn't quite worked. So she's got to have it repaired and she can now get it done Monday, which is great news. However, we only found this out yesterday, and I don't know if this is a female male thing. If it was me, I would have gone, well, what other dates are available, Let's get everything in order first. My wife just run me and went I'm going into hospital for the night Monday. I'm like, how the kid's going to go to school? So that is why I need to do the school run and the breakfast show. So we're bringing the show, the whole show to my house. The kids are super excited, right, they're really really excited. Although the teenager Ruby is worried about being woken up because the kitchen is underneath her bedge and where we're going to obviously be doing the show. She gets up at ten to seven, right, So.
Speaker 4: Do we have to do the first day like this is?
Speaker 2: It'll sound like we're on smooth You're listening to smooth smooth radio. So I don't know how I said to her, listen you I'm down there in the morning. I'd start. I use a bla at half four, and it has never woken anyone up at that house. So I said, the breakfast show in the first out, isn't that loud anywhere? We're barely awake. No one's yelling, apart from Patsy when she snaps.
Speaker 4: Occasionally, teenagers can sleep through anything. You can demolish half the house and she wouldn't wake up.
Speaker 2: And as I said, when we go up to wake you up anyway at ten to seven, you're even look at by nine in a week and it takes ages of gentle waken up. You will not be woken up by the first fifteen minutes of the show. So Patsy, are you okay to come around and do the news, come and do the show as well? Round at mind Tuesday morning.
Speaker 5: Well, I fear that.
Speaker 6: There could be like loads of washing and vacuuming involved if I do.
Speaker 2: That's Jack's job. Okay, we've run a fair shop here. I'm thinking about where because obviously you do the news in a separate room to us, and we can't have bleed through of any noise in the background. I've still got to get the kids up, get them breakfast and stuff like that, so we've got a downstairs toilet. How do you feel that being your kind of news chamber for the morning be.
Speaker 5: No different to hear exactly?
Speaker 2: So it be news from the loose every half an hour.
Speaker 1: O'Connell for sure. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: What I've realized is Bally a weekend goes by that old west end, Pats, isn't the preview premiere or something Harry Potter before anyone else in Australia? And then this weekend where is it you're off to Tomorrow night.
Speaker 5: After Jersey Boys Tomorrow night and the region.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I saw the Jersey Boys show in I took my mother law a couple of years ago in London at the west End. There that is an amazing show.
Speaker 5: Oh good, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: It's so good, all those amazing songs and the harmonies, the way they sing together. Everyone. You know, some theater shows. Everyone sits in their bloody backsides and it can be a bit soulless sometimes and they're just tapping their feet or sort they do that awful clapsy thing where it gets go from left to right. No, that's not how to enjoy music. Imagine if you went to see a gig down the corner hotel right the food fighters, or and then you just went then the old.
Speaker 5: All these people. I swear last time I went to Brian Adams there were people just sitting there stony face.
Speaker 2: I can't stand I stand up. Yeah yeah yeah, Jersey boys, your love? How many how many West End preview shows you think you've seen this year alone, Patsy, Because barely weekend goes by, you're not on the red carpet. So it's a red carpet or the front place in where a bit. I could have to buy a red carpet this week and I go down too Bunning so you fell at home when you come around mine on shoot early Tuesday morning, do the the to do the breakfast show.
Speaker 5: No, Harry Potter was the first one for the year, so this will be the second.
Speaker 4: What else is coming out? Muriel's wedding?
Speaker 5: Murial's wedding is coming up in March.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you're you're in that. You're Myriam, aren't you? And the wedding. Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing that. Actually, what else have you got in the calendar?
Speaker 5: What else is this year?
Speaker 6: That's it that I can think of? Oh, no, there'll be Charlie in a chocolate factory later in the year.
Speaker 2: Of course that's coming here. Oh, that's incredible, spectacular. Yeah, they've got this amazing thing and that whether it's an actual they actually build a glass elevator. Wow, not the kids, the slave labor in the factory. It's not part of the musical. We didn't see in the movie build that elevator, kids, but it comes out over the audience.
Speaker 5: Oh incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's really really good. I did also notice chatter Pats earlier how you were doing what I was doing with my kids, which is the back in my day and for you though you were talking all about how about smoking in cars.
Speaker 5: She gets in the car yesterday when I picked her up from school.
Speaker 4: And white type of cigarette.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I had a tough day, like sometimes my kids would just start a pipe and I told it, wait at least wait until he get home with the doing fat fast, crank up the old pipe in March.
Speaker 6: She dictates what you have on the stereo, whereas back in my day you never ever asked dad to put what you wanted on what cassette you wanted. It was always slim, dusty or the platters. And he'd be smoking his camel with the windows up, which in the seventies was what you did, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and eighties I remember my dad used to smoke as well, and I remember sometimes my nan would picked me up as well, and she was a chain smoker. And it wasn't it was those full you know, that heavy full tastuff. But Marlborough reds there was no filters or anything. And as a treat when we were driving along, she would let me flick her ash into the ashtray. I was eight eight back now what it's perfect. I know they didn't know any different, right about the dangers of passive smoking and stuff like this. But even so does that I remember as well? Did you have them over here? We had you go into sweet shops right when I was a kid, and of all the various little sweets you could get stuff this, you also used to have chocolate cigarette sweets.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we had.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 2: See what's wrong with that? Can I have some of those nice chocolate cancer sticks please, sir?
Speaker 4: They actually lasted a surprisingly long time.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can get those now rightly? So God one four pot three, Come morning, Welcome to the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. Fifteen minutes, Pile six coming up. And then we got brand new on this day in mystery as well. Perhaps he's in charge of it. This morning, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Yesterday I was taken out for lunch by our boss, signed Sue and the Big Boss, Sue's buss, the Big Boss for us, and then that mysterious man you know, the one who works in the shadows. No one really knows what he does, but he's always just hanging around. If Darth Vader had a more evil mate, that's old Phil He was also there as well. He lives in the shadows. Okay, So we went to a place in paran Core was really nice, actually called Angers and Bond. Never heard of it.
Speaker 4: Let's be for big bosses only very nice and it reminded.
Speaker 2: Me one of the previous occasion when I've been taken out by a boss I had right, who was a very frugal man with his money, and he gave me a big target and we had to hit. He said, if you ever hit that, I'd take you out. We'll go out for lunch and I hit it. The ratings came out with the show, and really why I said, we're going to out for lunch? MENI next Thursday, let's celebrate this. Let's market and I was like, okay, I guess we go someone really nice in Soho at the West End. We walk out the radio station together and I swear this is true. Right, We've gone no more than six meters and he takes an abrupt left into a sandwich shop. He starts ordering a sandwich right, and I'm thinking, Ah, the team must be filming this. I'm not going to play up. They're trying to prove on a DVA and I'm going to kick off a play it off. I'm not going to give them the one. So he goes, what would you like? Okay, where are the cameras? And I go and I order a sandwich. We then get the two sandwiches. I think, surely, how long is this going to go before he says, let's get a taxi now and go to an actual restaurant. No, no, there are no cameras, there's no prank. We take the two sandwiches, walk back into the radio station, back up to the third floor, sit round his desk and eat the sandwiches with fizzy drinks at his desk, and he just starts shooting the breeze with me. It's like there's no explanation, like, how's it going? How the wife and kids? Whilst we eat two sandwiches for half an hour and then I just go home. I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 4: And if you do this, well, next year you can have the same thing again.
Speaker 2: We'd have a picnic so yesterday, I mean this restaurant then, and you know our big boss, he's a very strong, dynamic character. If you're going to run off all the radio stations they do in this country, you're also in charge of us, and then you're in charge of Carl, who was in yesterday from Sydney. You know, from Carl and Jackie O. You need to be a strong person yourself, don't you to stare those people down? Sometimes? You know, it's like a dog trainer I guess, isn't it. You know he can't be scared of some of the big dogs at bart Loud. You got to be to calm them and look them down. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sure, I'd never thought of a dog trainer as the most intimidating person on.
Speaker 2: Earth, but you met some of them. Some of them are so yesterday the lady taking our order and it's always stressful when you're get it taken out by your boss because you look at the menu and you don't want to you look at the thing you'd really like, and you look at the price, don't you.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you don't. You can go over the most expensive steaks and again you think they.
Speaker 2: Can't load order either. You're gonna go for a polite middle, haven't you. You don't want to pick something really smaller, widy because they don't respect you and they're going to say something com I. So you want to go in the middle, but you don't want to go full more, Okay, So I find I really want a steak because they do all these amazing steaks in there. So I picked the smallest state and they have that, and then I'm gonna take the order, and the lady goes and you know, I think everyone was hungry. You know, you'll always order way too many sides. Were hungry, right, And the only side I wanted I didn't want any vegetables. Didn't want it, so I didn't want any gres. I just wanted. It's quite childish, you know, onion rings. Onion rings the best side, and they're vegetables, aren't they onions? In my mind, it's part of your five a day onion rings, onions in batter. Isn't everything amazing in batter? Nature? If you just put some of the greens in batter, and then I'd eat more broccoli if it was in batter. So we're ordering the sides. I ordered the onion rings, sue the boss, I think, as some handcut chips. And then Duncan, our big boss wants shoe string fries. I always I don't trust people that shoestring too childish, you think childish.
Speaker 4: Actually like shoe string fries.
Speaker 2: But again, I bet you like the hand cut chips pats.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, the double cooked makes them on a Friday night.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Sometimes they say there's been thrice cooked. Whatever that means in dup fast handcuf chips. When it comes out, it's pretty much just potato, like this is halved potato.
Speaker 2: Handcut is a recent thing. How are they cutting them before? By the way, what is a laid out of the back and they put the spots in or something that? How they always hand cut chips? What would they use it for? What are these phrases? Did this get chucked out like artists at a locally sauce and then hand cut chips? What it means is this is going to cost you eight dollars. It's what you've always been eating. It's just got the phrase and cut in front of it. So the lady, the little lady was serving us when I got to say, guys, you have too many sides. You don't need too portion of hand cut chips is enough. The big boss says, but I want shoestring fries. She want, We'll cont you just share fries. Oh she's about to get fired and then there was a terrible, terrible, terrible stare off. I went, he's the big boss, please don't have shoestring fries. And then she went she wouldn't eave it. She would go, okay, but you won't me to eat all of them anyway. At the end of the meal, he must have only had about three the shoestree fries. Please just put them in your pocket.
Speaker 1: Duncan the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 8: On this.
Speaker 2: Day, Mystery on this day, welcome too much, but he returns this month. We are one month closer the Game of Thrones. If your fellow Thrones fan like me, which is back in the first week of April. Patsy is in charge today on March the first, on this day in Mystery, what have you got, Pats Yes.
Speaker 6: In nineteen ninety five, Bruce Springsteen's Streets of Philadelphia won three Grammys on this day, the Song of the Year, Best Male Vocal Performance and also Best Rock Song.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's a good song on that good from the movie.
Speaker 5: Of Course with Tom Hanks.
Speaker 6: And also on this day, Color TV started on this day here in Australia, Countdown one of the first shows and.
Speaker 2: It came was it two years ago? You got it?
Speaker 4: Did come late?
Speaker 2: It was late compared to say, you the rest of the entire world, Africa, Botswana and maybe they got it on Australia still watching black and white. Long as we.
Speaker 6: Said, Countdown was one of the first shows to show it on the ABC way back then. But our question today is do you remember what year was it that color TV first came to Australia And.
Speaker 2: Tell me these parts right? What was the first channel you had? What was the first TV channel? Did two come along? Or what's the first channel by the way in Australia?
Speaker 5: What was it nine?
Speaker 9: Jack two?
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure it's nine, Bruce Gin.
Speaker 2: He came over to the UK legend of Australia and UK TV Yeah, yeah, one of the big networks over there. I think Murdock was some pulled him over.
Speaker 4: The reason I remember that is he was the first broadcast. Then he recreated his first address on television because they lost the original footage.
Speaker 2: So the first the old archives a bit like.
Speaker 5: The moon landing Jack.
Speaker 2: So you think that seven and nine started at the same time roughly? Why did they go in straight the seven and nine numbers in the UK crazy system. The first TV channel. Guess so it's called BBC one. Another one came along. Guess what random number they gave that BBC two. A minute here is just a se quince st I win a prize gets on that one. You go straight in hashtag straya with nine and seven? What about the others? Don't care? Then chuck at ten in yes's one two three.
Speaker 4: I actually remember asking my parents where are the other channels?
Speaker 5: Was it something to do because you didn't have push button or remote? It was the old dial? Remember that and be clunk clunk.
Speaker 4: Still explain why we don't have Maybe they were test numbers like test number one.
Speaker 2: Well, then start test number zero point one and then build up to the one. Anyway, so what year did you get color? Is that the question? This morning past? Yeah? Yeah? What year did Color TV come to Australia? At nine four one.
Speaker 1: Four one four three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: On this.
Speaker 7: Day?
Speaker 2: Mystery on this day? Okay, so Channler show, will we take in some learning and history? We trying to get you to guess what happened on this day in history, This morning, Welcome to March, This March the first parts. He's in charge of a This Morning Perats. You're trying to find out about significant event in the history of TV in Australia.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we want to know what year it was in Australia that we had color TV for the first time.
Speaker 2: All right, that's good. To the lines with a lot of people calling in this morning Mail is calling it first of all, good morning mail.
Speaker 8: There you go mate, So.
Speaker 2: May I got some information. I was asking why, like channel seven to nine, they went straight into those higher numbers, why not launch with a channel one that we didn't in England? You can tell us why, Well, there are.
Speaker 10: Any other channels other than we're a kid channel? Oh become channel ten later.
Speaker 2: So we started with zero.
Speaker 4: We had a channel zero.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the channel ten.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 9: So was their logo channel zero and channel this is channel zero or channel channel And then some marketing people that sat in the room like they're doing, had a brainstorm went what about idea big idea?
Speaker 2: Let me just turn this flipschot over. How does that look? What's that? It's a one? What's that next to it. No, we are not anymore for ten.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's how it is.
Speaker 2: You were there, mouth is your idea, maut right. Thank you very much for clearing that up for us. Just go to Joe right now. Good morning, Joe, Good morning guys.
Speaker 8: There are you going?
Speaker 2: We're good? It's Friday. Joe. How about you?
Speaker 11: Then?
Speaker 2: What do you what do you think was the year that Coming TV came to Australia.
Speaker 4: I think it was nine.
Speaker 2: Seventy six.
Speaker 7: And the VFL then VFL Grand.
Speaker 2: Final for North Melbourne.
Speaker 5: No, but you're very close.
Speaker 2: I was wondering what would have been that must have been when you really appreciate having the color TV. What was the very first color AFL Grand Final saw VFL?
Speaker 5: Was it colling with v Melbourne?
Speaker 4: Joe?
Speaker 12: You know, I'm not sure. I thought it was seventy sister, but obviously not.
Speaker 4: Good point where the quiz masters. I don't know why we were Joe.
Speaker 2: So one question we go, Joe. That's not the question we want to ask you, Joe close. You watched this early? All right? Thanks? Joe almost got the Shelley good Oning high Christian.
Speaker 12: I think it was nineteen seventy five. I remember being pregnant in that year and watching Happy.
Speaker 2: Days Wow in color TV?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 12: However, it mustn't have entertained me too much because I went on to have five children.
Speaker 2: What the end of Happy Days? No one episode that mission and all your babies were born in color?
Speaker 5: That's absolutely right. It was nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 2: Well done, Shelley.
Speaker 6: That's great and in fact, John Farnham was one of the first to launch it.
Speaker 5: On Countdown. Have a listen to this.
Speaker 2: Bomb goes.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 4: I'm Johnny Farnham, and this Johnny, the first edition for nineteen seventy five is glorious color.
Speaker 5: Glorious color.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. I'm Johnny Farnham.
Speaker 4: So, Pats, did you have to have a color TV? Or did people's TV is just flicking the color?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: I think they converted gradually.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, you ask questions.
Speaker 2: Jack, Oh boy, did you have to go and buy a color TV?
Speaker 5: I remember we hired our The problem.
Speaker 2: Was the TV. If you just a couple of times turned it on and off, it came to color.
Speaker 4: It could be like three D TVs.
Speaker 2: Johnny Fidy's gone back to black and white.
Speaker 4: How you had to go out and get you have to have a three D TV And then John Farnon goes time is not talking?
Speaker 2: Did I go into a commuter shop and asking can I have a laptop? That's one of these internet laptops.
Speaker 5: We had to hire our first one. We were to We did to buy.
Speaker 2: Everything, the washing machine, the oven. Everything was highed. Even one month some guy turned up the door to take the oven away because our man hadn't paid for any quick, I've got the money for us, Like, how poor are we? We're renting all the stuff?
Speaker 8: Hours was.
Speaker 6: We didn't get it though, till nineteen eighty two for the Brisbane Commonwealth Game. So many years later we thought all our Christmases had come at once and it was like a tiny thirty two cineme.
Speaker 2: Do you know what an amazing thing for a different generation like your grandparents' pats who would have actually gone from black and white color? Must I mean? Now, what do we see? The changes in TV that we've grown through phenomenal? Are the shrinking of the actual back end of it? Yes, you know they have that big old ass and now it's just sort of shunk down, shunk down. Now it's a picture on the wall, ultra flat thet curved and we've gone from what was it, UHD so ultra high definition now to something called olef.
Speaker 5: Frozen.
Speaker 4: They're too high definition now. Now you watch TV and you see like all the paws on the news reader's face.
Speaker 2: And you're right, actually, yeah, it's suddenly it's very big and in your face real yeah.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three on today's show. Then Eagles tickets. Also, we are drinking beer. Sorry, illegal for me to say that. Let me try that one again. I've been told many times by the legal team here what to say. What the o this morning, I'm tasting a small amount of beer that is sensible and healthy for me to have just smashed fed fast, no alcohol throughout the whole month of February. Just having a tiny little siple today of some homemade beer from our listener, Brendan Mudwise gets sampled this morning, Christian O'Connors fifty dollar your bills and we've got a brand new quiz, the hardest one ever. It's a three way quiz at nine. It's got pitched by Jason Ahead of Music here yesterday on the show. It's us versus you, versus Jason, the head of music, the three of us. They've scheduled a whole hour of songs between nine and ten on the show with a connection. I said fifty dollars. I would guess it within three songs. If you guess it before me, I'll give you the fifty dollars. I've just tried to have a look at what the songs are and all they put in because they knew that i'd have a little sneaky peek. Is MC hammer, EMC hammer, EMC hammer for nine songs. It's not that I wonder what the connection is? All right?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 2: Right now, then these are the last ever pay your bills. This is the last time I'm going to call anyone. We're up to almost sixty thousand dollars. It was only ever meant to be fifty thousand dollars thanks to Tintacar. With Tintacar, you'll no longer be naked. We have five hundred and fifty dollars and fifty two cents, not a dime, not a cent more So, we're going to cool up a couple of people now to try and get through their bills. That all led up to around five hundred and fifty dollars starting with We're got to start with Karen. It's got a three hundred and twelve dollars internet bill. Hello, hee me, that was quick, Karen.
Speaker 8: Hi, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Karen. You live and gold one O four point three. I'm paying off your bill you want on the last few ones? Well done?
Speaker 6: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: That's right. So it's your phone and internet bill three hundred and twelve dollars, and I'll also chuck in Tintu car. We'll also tint your home for worth five hundred dollars if you'd like that.
Speaker 10: Okay, I couldn't get my some my daughter's cart in son's cartinted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course you can. I do both. Yep, that's absolutely fine. So you want the cart in the son in law's car. Yeah, my son's your sons.
Speaker 8: It's his twenty first birthday and I will be a great present for him.
Speaker 2: Oh what a thing to have any twenty first driving A benefit of driving in a Tinto car. Wow, that's had a month in there, so yeah excellent. Oh yeah, I can easily do that and your home as well. All right, we do we do both okay. I don't own a home though. Oh so you're renting, Yeah right, okay, is there anyone else you want me to tint? There's my daughter's house. Yeap, okay, so we do the daughter, the son. Everyone's getting a tint, your whole family now, Sai daughter gets the home tent. The sun gets the tint for his Carlo's twenty first and I'm glad we called you up. Oh cool, My daughter will be excited a listening excellent, all right, and I'm paying your found back. Okay, usually listens to you guys. Oh great, well, thank.
Speaker 10: You for that, beautiful thank you. That's a nice wake up Cole.
Speaker 2: Lovely all right, have a lovely weekend, Karen.
Speaker 13: Thanks Christian, bye bye now and love you so.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Okay. Three hundred and twelve, yeap, bye, it was busy, sorry, Caroen it when you sound rude there, I don't like doing sums. Five hundred and forty zero point five two.
Speaker 4: Five point forty five two take away three twelve equals two to eight fifty two.
Speaker 2: In real money? What does that mean?
Speaker 4: Twenty eight dollars and fifty two cents two.
Speaker 2: Fift I can now, let's try this one. It's got one hundred and fourteen dollar bill. Matt Bowman speaking, Ah, hello, Matti, Hey you going, I'm good, You're I haven't gold one oh four point three. I'm paying off your water bills, one of the last bills. Well the running the money runs out. Oh fantastic, Yeah, paid, paid, done, deal. So I'm going to pay your water bill. I know you've recently moved at a home and money's a bit tight at the moment, so oh yeah, not definitely, definitely. They're also going to chuck in dinner for two at Melbourn's restaurant at the Langham. Andre will sort you out. He's a man there.
Speaker 4: Oh perfect, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: That's right, Happy Friday, Happy Friday. So no, Matt, thanks for picking up.
Speaker 10: Oh, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: So hundrede fourteen yep so ten two hundred and twenty eight.
Speaker 4: And four one hundred and fourteen, one hundred and fourteen dollars, forty two cents left.
Speaker 2: Let's try. Oh is this this is a small one twenty three dollars an overdue library book? Do you know some people have put in like an entire loan of sixty thousand dollars Yeah, this is Kim. That's it, Kim.
Speaker 12: Hello, this is Kim.
Speaker 2: Oh Hi is that Kim?
Speaker 6: Yes, it is Jim.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Christian, Jim Kim E. I'm good. Thanks, and you guys very good, very good. Kim. This is the smallest bill we've paid off, twenty three dollars.
Speaker 12: You got to mine.
Speaker 2: Yes, at the last we couldn't. We couldn't finish it without paying this twenty three bucks before the money runs out? An overdue library book? What was the book?
Speaker 10: It was called The Children who Loved Books?
Speaker 2: Oh that's a lovely title it is, isn't it. Yes, it's great, all right, West, And I'll pay this off easily, fantastic.
Speaker 13: Thanks.
Speaker 12: The school will be really pleased, and my miss nine year old can show her face again in the library without a debt hanging overhead.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I'll pay that all done.
Speaker 10: Thanks so much, Christian.
Speaker 6: Have a great day.
Speaker 2: Ah, you have a lovely weekend. Kim. How much money has left Jack.
Speaker 4: So takeaway twenty three dollars is ninety one dollars and forty two.
Speaker 2: Cents ninety one. I don't have any more bills to pay off under that, so tell you what we're going to do there, And I've got ninety one dollars and how much forty two cents forty two cents? Who has a bill anything? I can pay that is ninety one dollars and forty two cents and lower calling Now I'll go through and pay that whatever it is, but it needs to be under ninety one dollars and forty two cents coming now. Then I've got the last bit of cash before we all run out. We're in the red coming now. Ninety four one four one oh four three, got ninety one dollars left and no more nine four one oh four three. What tiny bills? Tiny, tiny, tiny time, tiny bills have you got for me?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, It really is now. The last vapors were running on four pay your bills, Christian O'Connors, fifty oh my dollar your bills. Yeah, it's down to now the last ninety one dollars and forty two cents. So I'm trying to find who's got tiny bills. We were paying off big meals for the last six weeks and now it is down to tiny bills. Ninety one dollars and forty two cents? All right, Jack, who have we got? Let's go to the lines.
Speaker 4: Don't be greedy, guys, Stacy first.
Speaker 2: Spread it out, Stacy, how much do you need?
Speaker 10: I need thirty dollars to pay my city link done?
Speaker 14: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: That's what I have a lovely weekend, Stacy, you too, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Christian?
Speaker 2: All right, take care, mate. Let's go to Chris in West Tidal work. Come on in Chris's question? Sorry mate? And what do you how much you need? Just sixty dollars for dogs? Come mate, you want to go down the pub, just say it. Don't start about the dog's haircut. Yes, we'll give you the dog's haircut. It's just sixty dollars, that's all he is.
Speaker 14: It hasn't got much here on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, yep? Taking lebarbas this weekend? Did you take them down there? Can you do that? But they did? Give a good dog and trim it be cheaper? All right, Chris, we do that. How much is left now?
Speaker 4: A dollar forty two?
Speaker 7: Chris?
Speaker 4: Grady, boy?
Speaker 2: What can you actually get for a dollar forty two? Who's on the line now, Paul?
Speaker 4: But I mean we're out we got a dollar forty two.
Speaker 2: How much is your bill? Paul? What have you? What are you trying to get out of us?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 8: My bill was ninety one dollars twenty I thought I had to write about Toya.
Speaker 2: Oh you should, right, Jack? Do you know what we pay that one? Anyway, I was sure that we could go. I'm sure we can go ninety odd bucks over the over over over over over budget. All right, Paul, this John, that's it. Yep, you're dumb. What thank you? That's it? Then no more bills. There is no more money, of no more money, of no more money. So there's no more money? Is that crystal clear? Thanks to the thousands of you, and it is now. I think almost sixteen thousand people that went online to us your bills. I wish they had more money. I wish they could help more of you, but we come't. And over the last couple of weeks we've met some incredible people through doing this. We will definitely do it again. I'm sorry I didn't call you. I hope I do next time. Good luck.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So we're asking you, now what have you got on this weekend. I've got anything unusual or interesting that we can speak about and then catch up with you on Monday show. We'll give you a call, get you back on, find out how it went. This is how he'd come to be in the situation where in an hour's time, our friend Brendan, so we met him three weeks go on, he called us up soon. Who's going to try homebrew? Brew his own beer at home? I mean, why would you bother? It's so much hark. You walk into a bottle of buy it for a couple of bucks. Someone's made it for you.
Speaker 4: They've tracked it as well. They've got it and it tastes really nice.
Speaker 2: The brewing process is an ancient and one that has worked for decades. Why think I can do all that complicated science under the stairs or for hit Brendan under the TV. You know in jars bubbling over its your houses. Think some some yeasty soup as well. But anyway, the brew is ready. I don't think beer is meant to be ready in three weeks. I think the brewing process is a little bit longer to mature. But we're drinking some silk in an hour's time Mudwise are his homebrewers bring it in for us? But Brendan came out of this feature. So what are you doing this weekend? On nine four one four one four three, Jenny, Good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 10: Hell are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? I'm excited. I don't know about this corner. Is it's something to do with cowboys?
Speaker 7: Yes, well, yes it is, but I think it's all going to be cowgirls.
Speaker 2: Okay, And what are you cowgirls up to this weekend?
Speaker 7: We're going to do aw cowboy cowgirl clinic in what in gids playing at MSQ Lodge and we're going to learn how to chase cows on our horses. We're going to learn how to.
Speaker 2: Make our own.
Speaker 7: Halters and maybe throw a lassoo or two and it'll be.
Speaker 10: A really good day.
Speaker 2: So you're yep, so you're obviously a very good rider.
Speaker 7: Oh well, you don't have to be a good rider.
Speaker 2: Surely you must do. It's one thing to stay on one of those crazy animals and then to start some of chucking a rope around and then yeah, and then throw it and try and get it on a cowsy.
Speaker 7: I mean, god, I don't think we'll be least doing any cows on the weekend, but we may be trying to get them from one end of the one end of the yard to the other end of the yard without falling off or hurting anybody.
Speaker 2: Got you know what an amazing skill this would be.
Speaker 4: I think that'd be an amazing I love the idea of lasso. So what do you practice?
Speaker 2: The last is just perfect? What are you say? Lassoing a cow? But say what listeners and then putting them in a net somewhere?
Speaker 4: Do you start with, like lasso a witch's hat and then you work your way.
Speaker 2: Up to a witch's hat? What's wrong with a fence post gigsland all the witches are Yeah.
Speaker 7: We'll say as I do traffic control, I've got no shortage of witches hat.
Speaker 2: But it's a lass of a traffic light or something.
Speaker 7: No, we'll be less doing a pretending care I think.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's so fat?
Speaker 8: Job?
Speaker 4: Geta's unlucky participant in the group who draws the short straw and then over.
Speaker 2: There put the cow hat on or the wizard's hat? Which one is it?
Speaker 7: Knowing knowing most of the girls that are going this weekend, I would say that yes, we'll probably be less doing each other.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, we've got to get your Monday all of this. Can you take some pickway obviously going to take some photos. Can you share them with us Monday?
Speaker 10: Yes, I can.
Speaker 7: Or I can probably get some videos as well, so yeah, I can do that.
Speaker 2: Awesome, have fun.
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: My wife is horsey mad and when we first started going out together, she was like, you know, horses are my life and I've always wanted to write lie to her. You know, we just Telly, I always wants to ride. Oh cool, Well, why don't you come up with the weekend. Hmm did you say this weekend? I'm not okay because I'm into Yeah, I pretend I meant to three lessons. I had a riding horse. I've never been so.
Speaker 4: Much before the weekend.
Speaker 2: No, no, no. We did it over the couple of weeks, and then when we got engaged the first day, I said the next day was like, I hate horse riding. Never doing it again. We'll get married, that's all cool, but I'm never getting on one of those crazy, dangerous beats. Beautiful animals, absolutely beautiful animals. However, the whole time I'm up there and thinking at any moment. The woman went, oh, this one's very sprightly. If he starts us, he wants this ran off when he saw a packet of crisps and I'm he's this thing's huge. You could just take off with me on the back and also just physically from manic bashes against the old Yeah, yeah, I know what you mean, the old Gold four point thrid your frequency, the old transmitter. Anyway, what are you up to? Like our cow friend there, our cowgirl Jenny, give us a call what do he got to this weekend so we can speak to you Monday? Are you allow suing a wizard at nine four one four one o four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So this morning been asking you what are you up to? What have you got on over the weekend? And I give you a call Monday to hear how it went. So far, we've spoken to a cowgirl who's learning how to have Russell house. Yes, Sue cows and we've got some online right now. Carol, Good morning, Carol, Yes, Carol, good morning. Welcome to the show. What have you got on this weekend?
Speaker 10: Tomorrow morning? I am paddling from Brighton to Port Melbourne. And it's a ten k paddle on a stand up paddle board.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And this is for council Council Victoria, isn't it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, paddle across the bay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is is it bright into Port Melbourne. My wife is supposed to be doing this, but she's having her knee operation on Monday. Otherwise she'd be with you guys, she'd be doing all the training for it. It's a long way.
Speaker 10: Is a long way, but it's out in the ocean. It's just going to be the best seeing my husband's going to paddle next to me.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 10: And yeah, it's just going to be morning.
Speaker 2: And I know apparently so it's either Port Melbourne to Brian. But if the wind is the other way, because the otherwise you'll never do it. They flip it around and you'll have to go bright into Port Melbourne. Is that right?
Speaker 10: Yep?
Speaker 4: And what if the wind is coming from the north and just blows you out to like out of Port Phillip Bay.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, and it's just got that the paddles is not bashing. Sharky's in the face right here.
Speaker 10: They hate that is not going to pick up. The wind is not going to pick up. It's going to be fine at six in the morning.
Speaker 2: All right, zeus got a weather the winds will not pick up. You're tempting the universe like that. The forces of nature would be very scared of doing that. Be careful. How powerful are you, Carol? Very so listen. Can people sponsor you?
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, definitely your page where.
Speaker 2: Let go if they want to give you some money. It's a great, great course as well. Council council bit tour with all the chats this week a great friend.
Speaker 10: Paddle across the Bay website and my team's called paddle Up.
Speaker 2: Paddle Up. Okay we will. We're chipping one hundred bucks as well.
Speaker 10: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, give me call my name. We go to get swept out to see Okay, good luck, Thank you. Everyone is doing more exciting stuff than us. My wife was just texting me because she's listening right now, and said, why don't you get excited about the fact at eleven thirty two one one and we'll go and look at another house we simply can't afford. Yeah, I wonder why I'm not looking forward to go and see that. And then you're doing what do you do this weekend?
Speaker 4: I didn't even want to say. I promised myself I would finally do my tax return for the last financial.
Speaker 2: The weekend is the time to enjoy it.
Speaker 4: It is duly last October. And then the account said that you actually now have to get it like the last, last, last last ditch effort is you will get fined.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's horrible.
Speaker 4: I don't even want to think about it.
Speaker 2: And then Pats who loves the most exciting life on the show again, there's an opening in town. She goes to the opening of an envelope. The other week it was Harry Potter. This weekend it's Jersey Boys.
Speaker 5: It is at the Regent tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: You'll love it. D't night all right? Coming up after eight o'clock the very last pair of tickets to go see the Eagles live next week The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Time now to give away the last pair of Eagles tickets we've got this week. These are no normal seats, they're great seats at rod Laver Arena Diamond seating. Go and see the Eagles live next week before you call him from them. You don't even know what you've got to do. So hold those little greedy paws gig pigs. Wait, that knows how this trough? One word impressions? Can you do an impression of someone famous? But just using one word? No more, not a line from a movie. One word. We've got to guess who the famous person is. One word impressions the best slash I think for this, judging on how what I'm about to do worse one word impression? You can go and see the Eagles live. You ready, I've got two. First of all, let's go to the world of Hollywood's Who is this? Sausages?
Speaker 4: Your practice was a lot better.
Speaker 2: Hang on, Sassages, another guest, Guys.
Speaker 10: I know who it is.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to say it's terrible Sassages.
Speaker 2: Now that one was the best one.
Speaker 4: Sassages, not Woody Ellen.
Speaker 11: Huh?
Speaker 2: Is Christopher Walking? Of course? Yes, of course I can't say that. All right, let's go closer to home. Now, someone famous here in Australia. Who is this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's holding his nose. I only get it from the name, but not.
Speaker 2: Because it's Shusy. There was canny'zach you popped into the studiou what's that? Bang on? All right? Hear it again, cad Ice, bang on, right, Canny. Christopher Walking wants better sausages. Now I've lost it now tuned out to somebody I don't know who that is saying sausages. Okay, Jack, please your one word impression?
Speaker 4: Burdy.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great, Brown the best so far. Now let's go to the King of impressions. She was discovered she used to be a professional impressions, so she got the gig and then she does a great one every half and now trying to be a news reader. Patsy, who can you do?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: You ready?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Dice Man and Clay that is bang on? Have you got any more?
Speaker 5: I've got one more. I don't know if you'll get this one though, Christian.
Speaker 2: What is that? Is it the ghost and Ghostbusters?
Speaker 5: No, it's Bob hop You know you used to like Rubby's ear former PM and go.
Speaker 4: It sounds like dis.
Speaker 2: Old Dice plays trying to squeeze out painful pool. Can we hear that again? That amazing scenes? All right? Then? What the standard has been set too low? Your one word impressions? Nine four one four one O four three Give us a call nine four one four one O four three best slash worst one word depressions. Get tickets, Go and see the Eagles next week.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We got the last bad of tickets this week. You're go and see the Eagles live. They're here next week. You can be their diamond seating, which basically means great seats. Your best one word impression. Don't want to do a line from a movie One World had impression of someone famous and just one word. I've just done a if you just tuned in, the guy's about me up on this. I just did a spot on Hughesy, but need more spot on Christopher Walking. It's incredible.
Speaker 4: I had to look around the studio to see where both of them were here.
Speaker 2: All right, Catherine, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 12: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good. I'm excited about you being the first person to take part in one word impressions.
Speaker 10: Well, I will shorten the word a little bit just because we are on g rated radios.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm ready when you are, I'm ready, now.
Speaker 14: You pre callon.
Speaker 4: All right, well, I mean we know the cat.
Speaker 2: Several words there. Okay, nice try, Catherine, thank you.
Speaker 4: I'm guessing it was Bruce Whillis without getting in a confirmation.
Speaker 2: We didn't need it in. Also, can the produces count you kaya? Word?
Speaker 13: Guys?
Speaker 2: Does he think that's one word? Jenny? Good morning? Good morning, Good morning, Jenny. Okay, you're ready one word impressions.
Speaker 4: Again, only because only because of the word.
Speaker 2: Once more, Please, Jenny, it's not from Carlton. Rocky was from Philadelphia, not Carlton. This sounds like some drunks outside a nightclub that have been thrown out of one in the morning. You know I live in south Bank, all right, Jenny, thank you very much. Good try. It's go to work. Good thank you. Ricky, good morning. Hello?
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Ricky?
Speaker 12: Ad cold at the mind with voices.
Speaker 2: But we'll give you this job perfect, Okay, off you go. It might help.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Okay, Oh guess I mean. Bruce mcaveeny, a fl commentator, sometimes says delicious.
Speaker 2: But that this is making sort of sexy calls or a booty call.
Speaker 4: Are you Brucey, Ricky?
Speaker 2: What an amazing laugh? Is this really your laugh? Or you're doing somebody else. Now it's got a crazy laugh.
Speaker 10: No, no, it was, it was supposed to be.
Speaker 2: No, it's on once more. Please, it's just not that's it. Yes, the cold cold letting you down. Sure, once that cold goes, we're a going to get a perfect Bruce. Can I hear it once more? Please?
Speaker 4: Gosh, he sounds like a snake.
Speaker 2: No, I know where it is. You've just done an amazing column from Lord of the Rings laughs, best laugh in the world ever. You have a lovely day, you have a great weekend, Ricky, well done. That's the best moment to beat. Okay, something earlier on Jackie had the producers through the little the little speakerphone. We've got to go int into their little hovel. Could you put through a mix of good and bad? Let us know when you're going to start checking on the good ones, won't you? Now that was a good time. Nine four three one word impressions. Let's try another one now, let's go to dimmy good morning morning. Hi guys, Hi, welcome to the show mate. Thanks for giving it a go. And what's your one word impression? Off you go?
Speaker 4: Okay, Hi, please can we hear it again?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna need that again.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll drive, I'm driving.
Speaker 2: Hi, Miss Piggy. Yes, yeah, that's actually it was there enough. It wasn't in the in the in the state of Miss Piggy, wasn't even in the country of Miss Piggy. It was in the right hemisphere of Miss Piggy. And right now the way it's going, that's we take that, all right, Demmi, thank you very much. All Right, we're going to clean the line. We're gonna hose them down, open the window, get rid of the stink and try again. Nine four one four one o four to three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Let's give away these Eagles tickets several rock bands. The Eagles returned to Melbourne's Rod Laver Arena next week. The first show on a Tuesday, sold out. Limited tickets remain for the second and final show, which is Wednesday, March six. You can get tickets through TICKETEP. We have a pair now, great seats, diamond seating for your one word impressions. If they're just tuned in, how can we describe what they've missed?
Speaker 4: Sadly, probably your yours. You're probably holding the best one of real easy, no delicious of the callers a Bruce mcaveney saying.
Speaker 2: deLuce if it can also sound like gollum, is it really, Bruce mcavenny.
Speaker 4: I mean, let's be know, we've had no good ones.
Speaker 2: No, all right, then the tickets are still out there. One word impressions impression of someone famous in one word, Matt, good morning, good morning. How are you guys holding out for a good impression? You could be the one? Matt? What have you got for us? If you go?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: You ready?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Jack?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Really terrible?
Speaker 2: I mean what Matt? Yeah, if you're right, you're both got the right person.
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is it Austin Powers? But you didn't even put an accent on or anything.
Speaker 9: It's hard without a second word.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it's the second word. It's the cold. We're hearing a lot of that these days. Matt. Nice, try let's go to Karen, Lady Kreen, late Lady Karen. Okay, Lady Karen, Lady Kareen. Welcome to the show, your highness. All right, and your one word impression is.
Speaker 14: Sorry, Johnny, You've got to be a duty ganting fan to get this. It's when babies just really upset, that is having to leave it at home.
Speaker 2: Right, let me just go to the show's number one, Patrick Swayzee fan. But Trina Jones, was that any good?
Speaker 5: I thought you said, Tiani, that's what I thought.
Speaker 2: I thought. I thought you were telling your daughter to get in the car from the school. Some posh name or something.
Speaker 14: I've got another one, please, really totally different.
Speaker 5: It's go again, Yigy bear clothes.
Speaker 10: It was Goofy.
Speaker 2: Still going. Oh, lady Karen, thank you very much. Sorry, Lady Karen. Let's go to Sean.
Speaker 4: Hell.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a Sean good morning, welcome to the show. And one word impressions if you go, how are you guys?
Speaker 4: I'm going to do a laugh for you, Okay.
Speaker 2: I like the love do it again please, Burt Reynolds.
Speaker 4: The joker, No, I mean, I'll guess Mutley because he has a famous laugh.
Speaker 11: It's a cheap character that's got a really famous laugh. Go again.
Speaker 5: Oh it's Elmo.
Speaker 12: Correct.
Speaker 2: That is actually very good. That is yeah, those will tickle me toy. That's exactly how they sound. Sean. That's bang on. Actually, thanks, Yeah, they kids love it. That is a great one to do one Tomord when the kids have got their mates around. Sean's stay there. Shawan's the one to beat now, Thank the stars for sure. Christina. Hey, okay, Christina, A're gonna be the last one we're here this morning.
Speaker 10: If you go all right, I'll try and get good. All right, there's a bit of a sound and then the word is that.
Speaker 2: Okay, absolutely top marks for performance.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 2: To homo symptom. You got it in a cold shower.
Speaker 4: It sounded like Garl Deville home symptoms.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm not Christina. Could we have this amazing one one man band performance again?
Speaker 10: Sure?
Speaker 2: All right, Christina, thank you very much. Who are we giving the Eagles tickets to?
Speaker 4: Surely is the only one.
Speaker 2: With slim pickings Tyler Today Show, slim pickings, showy boy, that's all. We're off to the Eagles.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Three weeks ago, we were doing what we did an hour ago. Just ask you what are you up to this weekend? We want to hear about it and give you a call back Commandate of find out how it went. And we spoke to Brendan. Brendan was going about to brew beer for the first time, and this drug accorded with me. I remember my dad used to do this for years. The house was stink of yeast, and at the end of like a couple of weeks, constantly monitoring this stuff, the house being turned into like a meth lab. Stinking of yeast. You'd have this silty muck that didn't taste, and it would cost him way more, the equipment, way more. They're just going to the bottle alone, just buying some that they've made already. But it turning back to a golden age when but we sed to homebrew and so we thought, do you know what we're doing feb Fast. Today's the first of March. We can now drink again. Nobody ways to have our first drink in weeks, weeks for me than some homebrew mudweiser. Brendan has kindly been the guy. Brew Master. Brendan is with us now. Good morning, Brendan, Good morning, John. Good I mean, first of all, just on appearance, homebrew, homebrew dark Isle dark dark is the world. I'm glad you said that. It's it looks like polish.
Speaker 13: Hopefully it doesn't taste.
Speaker 2: Have you tried this?
Speaker 13: I haven't yet.
Speaker 2: What now I know what the boss was trying to took me out of doing this, Brendan, For all we know, you could be paid by Fox to poison me. Never all right, Okay, he didn't say we're trying to poison me. He didn't say, did night Nova Pang he's paid him? All right. Now, first of all, we have to just uh just play this out. This is a legal disclaimer, so please, you know, obviously, drinking this time of the morning, you've gotta be careful.
Speaker 3: Drinking Mudwise, though, is intended only for responsible adults of legal drinking age.
Speaker 2: Please do not drink and drive.
Speaker 3: If you need transportation, use a designated driver or a taxi servis.
Speaker 2: Please be careful and crossing street after drinking. Pleasedrink responsibly.
Speaker 3: Any moderation also madey, it's probablynna.
Speaker 2: Take that U Okay, So we open up the magic brew, Brenda. Let's have a taste. Thank you very much for doing this.
Speaker 4: Now you've used some old Corona bottles and put your own liquid in it. Yes, well it's got guess it's a good start.
Speaker 2: Great start. I mean, my favorite beer is the most important, not the ops or sugar is gas. It's a thicker one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looks like oil. It looks like.
Speaker 2: Wow, we you can't see daylight. In fact, all the light the student has been sucked into that glass.
Speaker 4: All right, Brendan's doing the honors.
Speaker 13: I do the test, bred you do the test.
Speaker 2: Yes, yep. In fact, what don't we pour all the glass? We do at the same time? That work, we die. We will go together. Guys.
Speaker 4: How you meant to do a canary down the mine? You meant to send one person in. I feel bad though, but if we all dropped out at the same time, thank you, Brendan.
Speaker 2: You have that one. You're all the same color. No, I don't think that one is. Actually you have that one?
Speaker 4: Well, just holding it.
Speaker 2: I mean you're right holding it because it's it's heavy, isn't it. It's on the periodic tabe oh my one? Oh yeah, the swell. I don't know ruderate it, Brendan. But if someone poured me that in a bar go, the barrel is changing.
Speaker 4: Have you really not tried this, brend heaven?
Speaker 2: No right, guys, were ready to my adviser.
Speaker 4: To life.
Speaker 2: No more.
Speaker 4: It's a little dark, it is, you know what it's it's busier than normal.
Speaker 2: Beer as well, words on coming freely at the moment.
Speaker 13: It's according to no one in the morning.
Speaker 2: Well I can say, yeah, we can say that, Brenda, body, that's gonna have to taste what is that? What is what? It's a It's malty, isn't it?
Speaker 13: The hops hops it had it was like chok pellets the hops, your boy, Now the hops used to be different.
Speaker 2: Than it's in there. Yeah, chunk pellets.
Speaker 13: Well you don't actually put it in the beer like you dissolve it with boiling water and then you're straying that off and the water goes in the.
Speaker 4: It doesn't go down easy.
Speaker 2: Is It's just one to slow down? It's once a really savor, just really just leave that.
Speaker 4: That's enough for me. But it's Brendan in all, seriously, it's it tastes like beer.
Speaker 2: It looks like beer.
Speaker 4: It doesn't look that beer.
Speaker 2: That is a very dark ol. It's a very heavy one, is it. It's not easy?
Speaker 13: My next one is going to be in Australian pale ale.
Speaker 2: Okay, So yeah, this one has still got sort of matter setting in it as well. So how long has this been brewing?
Speaker 13: For brood in the barrel?
Speaker 2: For a week under the.
Speaker 11: TV under the next to the TV yep, the temperature yep.
Speaker 2: And what did the wife say about the whole did it? Did it turn the house into like a yeasty smell?
Speaker 13: Yes it did.
Speaker 2: Ye very impressive. So you can have the boys around this weekend to do like an official launch party. Y Yeah. If you're like your dark heirs, is not that you.
Speaker 4: Can get you can get used to it. Yeah, thanks for coming.
Speaker 13: Impressed, cheers good.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much and take take that back with you please.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three yesterday on the show, then our new head of music. It's come rocking into town with a grand fanfare, hasn't he? Jason is his name? Welcome back Jason to the studio. Thank you very much for having me. And now I've got to say this right. I didn't realize obviously you were a very and still are very good DJ yourself. So Carl was here, Yeah, Carl sand Lenz was here yesterday broadcasting his show from from our best studio here. And afterwards he came into a Q and were owned by the same radio group, and he was he was asking me, is how's Jason getting on? He was telling me what a big influence you were on him when he was younger on B one o five.
Speaker 11: In Brisbane many years ago.
Speaker 2: Said you would I could have gone there?
Speaker 11: Well I wouldn't gone.
Speaker 2: That was where his words, And I don't think he gives out praise easily. He was telling me how great you.
Speaker 11: Were, uncapable of keeping the station on the air and.
Speaker 4: Not swearing honesty. Did you know him as a teenager?
Speaker 2: No, no, not at all.
Speaker 11: He was a he was just a listener.
Speaker 2: I had no idea that because you could have stopped it right then and there, mate, just give him a station took came out.
Speaker 11: But you know, none of none of that money's come my way being an influencer either.
Speaker 2: Think that must have been a big station. And back in that nart B one oh five it was, it was. And what shift were you doing?
Speaker 11: I was doing a mixture mostly late nights and midnight to dawns. Yeah, back in the day when radio stations had people who worked at three o'clock in the mornings.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, it was great fun.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that was good.
Speaker 2: And then big station and when those stations, those local stations, they're huge in the area, aren't they You're not. It's the same as gold of course, of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And he also said that he stole your black Thunder.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that was news to me when I heard that story yesterday.
Speaker 2: He saw it just as a teenage tear away. He saw one You get this right, the B one oh five black Thunder was at a servo and he walked past it, did a double just check back around sort that. The guy just left the keys in it to go and pay. Colt drove it off, fought on a quote a laugh.
Speaker 4: Where do you go?
Speaker 2: Just right? The corner's just both thunder? All right? So people missed it yesterday. How's the next hour going to work?
Speaker 11: Well, there's a bunch of songs. They all have something in common. There's a missing link that we need either you, Christian and Jack and Pats to to connect or our wonderful guy one oh four point three listeners.
Speaker 2: Just the first one to guess its other us all the listeners. That's right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we have a cheeky side bet for fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 11: And I brought my fifty in and you got my ready to cough.
Speaker 2: It'll be staying in the pocket because I reckon I'll get it within three songs.
Speaker 11: Okay, well that's a that's a good challenge. Good luck.
Speaker 2: After nine o'clock, now we should just point out normally I can just see what the music is for the entire show. You second guessed that because at six o'clock one, that's the first thing I did to have a little sheet and all you put in there, you must a guess that I might try that was mc hammer times nine.
Speaker 11: Yep, you can't touch this.
Speaker 4: So do we at least know the first song? Can we at least hear that to get.
Speaker 2: All I know is then because we're going to hear it when the listeners hear it song by song. I don't know what's going on. All I do know is Robert Palmer Addicted to Love is the very first one. Yes, and then yes, you'll be able to They'll be revealed to you as they as they play on the rain.
Speaker 4: And I have a guess, yeah, all Robert Palmer songs.
Speaker 11: Wait and see. I have to wait and say. After nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: I thought it might be other side projects that he's been in because he was in the power station with a couple of Duran duram. But then I don't know where you go from there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, is it got something to do with palm? Like all bodies part singers, wait and see.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we made some production for this, King Colin versus Godzilla, the Terminator versus Sarah Connor, Darth Vader versus Luke Skywalker, all evered battles, but not as big as Christian and Jack versus the Music Department versus you.
Speaker 2: This is the missing link.
Speaker 11: Very good, very good.
Speaker 2: You're happy with that. The legend of B one oh five gives it the double thumbs up. All right, So we're gonna hear the fast the first song in five minutes time. The number you need for your guesses, as always say number, the text number for our times oh four seven five O three one oh four three oh four seven five O three one oh four three? Texting your guesses who will guess it first? And I'm actually nervous, what if? Because this is going to be really hard. This is their first one. Yeah, you're gonna work really hard on this. I'm off to go and do a bit of window shopping. I've got fifty bucks.
Speaker 4: Christian's so sure that he's gonna win. He's gonna carry his fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: In half on. No, I will get it by ten o'clock.
Speaker 4: Wait, yesterday, you're saying you're getting three songs?
Speaker 2: Did I say that? Why did I say that? All right, bring it on, let's see who wins. Good luck everyone, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take down the music team.
Speaker 3: King Colin versus Godzilla for Time or Later versus Sarah Connor, Darth Feeder versus Luke Skywalker.
Speaker 2: All ethered vassals, but not as.
Speaker 3: Big as Christian and Jack versus the Music Apartment versus you.
Speaker 2: Is a missing link, all right, So one by one, songs are going to be revealed. You'll hear them when we hear them. You've got to work out what the connection is between all the music. I'm going to play. All the songs are going to play d the next hour. All I know is the first one is going to be Robert Palmer addicted to love. Don't know what's coming up next. I guess you're gonna do what I'm gonna do. Go on Wikipedia, write down a few notes. Do you think I'm the only person's done?
Speaker 4: Ut've actually yeah, you're doing more work than I've ever said. You do, scarring around there writing down durations of songs.
Speaker 2: I haven't doing that as well, all right, So it's goed the missing link at the moment, there's a wager of fifty dollars between me and Jason, a head of music here, that I will get it in three songs. If you get it before Jack and myself, I'll give you the fifty dollars. Okay, that's all the ypographs, that's fifty dollars. I've got my genes here. But this is going to be really hard. This is this is their idea. They pitched us yesterday live on air. They won't want any of us to guess this, but let's see if you can. I hope one of us, either you listen right now or us in the studio, works out what the connection is. But it starts with the first song. Then Robert Palmer addicted to love. Keep listening, we'll find out together what is the song coming up next. I've really got one lead theory that will either be proved or disproved by the time I hear the second one. Good luck everyone, This is the missing link.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Yesterday challenge was an issue to us, a new game. We're trying it out this morning between nine and ten. I don't know what each song we're going to play next is until now. They don't want me to get too far ahead. There is a link between all these songs. They don't want us to guess what it is. I said I could get it in three songs, and I've got fifty dollars riding on that just seeing what the next song is. Some early guesses from people who are texting in right now. You can text in your guesses. I'll give you the fifty dollars if you get it before me. Four seven five three one oh four three. I say that like I am going to get it if you get it even before me, if you get it at all. Songs that liken love to a drug.
Speaker 4: I mean that seems like a niche category.
Speaker 2: I can't see I can't see them going for that. It's the link. Nineteen eighty five. I'd like to think that the music team would try a little bit harder than simply the same year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially because they're dancing around saying it's a difficult one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, this is the second song. What links this to Robert Palmer Addicted to love? Other than in another great song Beg Staying Alive and Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Still don't even know what the next song is they're playing. This makes me very awkward. The brilliant Beg Staying Alive? What links that to Robert Palmer addicted to love? Some great guesses coming in for me this morning. They all have singers in the line. It called rob one. They give brothers Robin Robert Palmer same. I love this one. Shep Baronia got the same drum counting pattern. I mean that's they're going to start doing that. I'm stopping this game.
Speaker 4: I mean a lot of a lot of songs have four four.
Speaker 2: They have three words in the title staying alive? Where's the extra? Where's that one marked? All right, I'm ready to have a guest now. I don't know if it's right, but I have got a guess. So we're going to get Jason Ahead of Music back on the phone right now. Jason, Hello, there, okay, so I love the fact that this guy is now heading to the airport to spend his winnings. You can take the buyer at Queensland, you know, all right, Jason, here's my first guess. Are they songs that were more successful here than in the UK? Addicted to Love only got to number five, number one in Australia, Beg's Staying Alive number one in Australia, number four in the UK.
Speaker 11: No, we've decided not to use the home ground advantage so early in the competition.
Speaker 2: I liked it. I like it, I had it, I thought I had you.
Speaker 6: Keep trying.
Speaker 2: I've only got one more song there, and I got a hand over my money, all right, thanks Jason. Next one has just been put in Losing my Religion? Irim. I've got no guesses, I've got nothing.
Speaker 4: Get Wikipedia backup.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm gonna have to hand out my money, all right. What do you think the connection is? You've heard the three songs now arim Losing my Religion? Addicted to Love Robert Palmer and Staying Alive by the Beg's four seventy five three one O four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three ideas.
Speaker 4: The only thing I've found it in a link between all of them is the original album length was over four minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got to look at that as well. I don't know. This is tough, really really tough. A lot of guesses coming in so we were doing to this new game. The music team have challenged us, all of us, you and I together hold our worth of music. Right now, lost oul of Breapfs show ninet till ten. There's a there's a link between all the songs. We've got to try and guess what it is. I was so cocky. I said I'd give fifty dollars I'll get it within three and don't been funny. I mean, look at the past record that thing they advertise a moment, the eighties, songs of the eighties, that's normally their level. Okay, that's what we're dealing with them. But the next weekend it'd be ninety songs in the nineties, you know, twenty songs in the nineteen twenties. I've got no guesses.
Speaker 4: We still got to ten o'clock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I just don't see how you. I mean, so from Addicted to Love Robert Palmer, right from the eighties, okay, and then he went to the seventies. The Beg's Staying Alive. Ye, all right? First of all, I think, well, is it movies? But I don't think Addicted to Love was used in a movie. Then you go, ra em, we got to a completely different decade, nineties. Yeah, Michael Stipe, great song, don't I think a guitarist wrote Peter Buck wrote the wrote the song. And I think I did a guitarist write the song. I've had a look at that. Nothing. There some guesses that are coming in from our smarter listeners today. All have verbs in the title. Just remember you listen to gold one of four point three. None of us know what verbs are, all right, lower your expectations. The music has all appeared in movies, Birth, Love, Religion, that's not really link, all released on forty five rpm Vinyl Tyler. All medical terms, ram rapidie movements, staying alive. I love that one. Medical terms your grandfather staying alive as in the song losing My religion? Medical term? Is it missing songs? What about? They're all sung in the second.
Speaker 4: Person, which one's second person? Again?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: Well? I don't think addicted to love is you're You're going to have to face it. He's not saying he's not saying I am addicted to love. He's saying you're losing my religion. Yeah, that's in the singer Look at us getting to say because you're gonna sell verbology. They're all they're all number one songs for the same amount of time weeks in the charts. You have a quick look online. All right, we're all going to find out. Well, the next song is after the ads, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Milbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, here's the fourth record. What do you think links it to the three we played so far? Iram Losing My Religion, Begs Staying Alive, Robert Palmer Addicted to Love, and now Huey Lewis and the News The Power of Love. Texting you guesses, We'll go through the next four seven, five, three, one oh fourth th We are trying to guess the missing link the same as you. What do you think it is? Text me now?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Milbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, hy Lewis and the Power of Love. Good morning to christ No color brakfast show, and we're doing this.
Speaker 3: King col versus Godzilla, the Timolator versus Sarah Connor, Darth Fader versus Luke Skywalker, all ethered battles, but not as big as Christian and Jack versus the Music Apartment versus you.
Speaker 2: This is the missing link? All right? Well halfway through it. The music team of visus a challenge yesterday, could we guess the connection between a bunch of songs play between nine and ten? So far, no rank guesses. I'm fifty dollars down. A lot of you are trying to work out the connections. Oh, come on, I've just seen what the next song is, Nickelback. How you remind me?
Speaker 1: Was it that?
Speaker 2: All the others so far been great? And then that one's a big old stinker. Let's get our headed music up on the line now. Jason, Hello there, right, Okay, I owe you fifty dollars. You won fifty dollars. I didn't get it as three songs.
Speaker 11: I'm willing to get you another two songs before I accept the money.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, some guesses then, because I don't know, we're only finding out song by song. When we played them, everybody listening finds out what the song is as well. Some guesses. So far worthy songs all played in my first show here on Gold one of four point three. No, all songs have been covered by the TV show Glee. Tell me I haven't done that.
Speaker 11: Tell me what they may have been. But that's not the that's not connection that.
Speaker 2: We've got, good Man. All share the same record label, e am I. No all are sung in the same key. I know we've got smart listeners, we do, but not that.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 2: One last one for now, it's comes from Mark and Bentley. I liked this one. My guess is they all made appearances on count Down.
Speaker 11: They might well have done, but dam I'll be quiet there.
Speaker 2: So no, none of these are right, not even.
Speaker 11: Warm Well Nickelback couldn't have appeared on Canta because Cantdown finished in nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 2: This is why he is the head of music. He's good hey, all right? Then, okay, so I get two more songs before you take my fifty bucks. Yep, all right, what do you think the connection is?
Speaker 1: Thanks Jason the Christian who Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three song number. This is the next one now Christian, I've got it all male singers. I don't think Irene Kra would like that.
Speaker 1: The Christian Who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: My head hurts. I know I'm trying to work too. Are the last sound of Friday? We didn't want to put our feet up?
Speaker 10: You know what.
Speaker 4: I'm halfway through taking the year that the song was released, adding the numbers together, like seventy seven for Staying Alive, and the counting the number of codes.
Speaker 2: I've been looking at where they placed in a chart, thinking does it form one, two, three, four, five, six, eight, nine to ten.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at album sales, how many million?
Speaker 2: I think it's something do with videos. I don't know what though. I mean all the songs we've played, right, the songs we've heard so far, Iron Karra Flashstance obviously from a movie. Nickelback, I can't work that one out. Losing my Religion. I'm not sure if that was in a movie. I've looked. I don't think it is. I know it's been using a couple of TV shows. Staying Alive obviously Bege Satellite Fever Addicted to Love. Robert Palmer is in a scene, and then Tom Cruise movie Cocktail with Brian Brown.
Speaker 5: Brown, Yeah, I loved that Movieyeah, great out to Brian Brown.
Speaker 2: All Right, your guest is so far Some of these guess is what I will say? I think says more about the person saying to them. In for example, I all featured in porn movies. No, huggy Hello is the musical link feelings?
Speaker 4: I mean, do you wishy washy?
Speaker 2: I don't think it's that all artists have the letter E in them. I love that one. Smart it's true as well, but I don't know if it's the right one. I don't know. I love this one from Greg and Mount Martha. They're songs that depict agitated human emotions. Hope you're right Greg, up there, Mount Martha? Now, Mark and Bentley. They all reference saving a life, flash dance, what a feeling? How's that? Saving a life? How you remind me?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 2: I love this one as well. He signs off Live the show. Does he mean love the show? Might being arrogant? Then it's a new one show. We lived the show, all right, I've just seen what the next song is going to be after the ads. It's a U two song. You can find out what it is next. Your guess is we're running out of time now, VI think about fifteen minutes try and work out the connection. No right guesses so far four seven, five, three, one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: This is the next song in the missing link. You're trying to guess the connection between all the songs they played so far, You too, I still haven't found what I'm looking for. Text me your guesses. There's only one more song to go.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, You.
Speaker 2: Two, I still haven't found what I'm looking for on God one oh four point three. It's the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. This how all the songs have a ganeshan which going to work out what it is along with you. You're hearing the songs one by one when we hear them, so that was you too. I still haven't found what I were looking for. So far the songs have been alongside you too, Irene Kara, Flash Dance, Nickelback, How You Remind Me losing my religion? Are I am staying a eye by the Beg's and kicking off with Addicted to Love?
Speaker 4: Robert Palmer and Huey losing their power of Love? I love this text from Greg and Danny nung shennon Nol didn't cover any of those songs.
Speaker 2: Christian Kenny performs CPR to their beats, Jack the Chippy highest selling song for each artist. That's from Karen. They're all songs that have cost you to lose fifty dollars. That certainly is true. Are they to do with the Seven Deadly Sins? I've just had a look at all the very seven deadly sins. I don't think so. I'm not sure what's staying a lot well, I'm not sure what's staying in life how that relates to any of them and certainly some of the others. All right, last song, then we're going to have to get the music team up the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Tell you what's some great songs this morning? Mc hammer. You can't touch this? So this has been the missing link, A fiendish new quit set by our music team. Can we guess the connections been all the songs who played since nine am this morning? We have nothing lots of smart guess is coming in from you, our head of music, who set this. Jason is back on the line now, Jason, good morning. Listen to that. You're taking my fifty dollars.
Speaker 10: Yes, of course, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Well done, well played. However, we think we have someone smarter than us here in the studio. Glenn is on the line in Bundori. What's the A good last guess, Glenn, Good morning, Glen, Yes, Christian, well done mate. You think you've got the right answer?
Speaker 8: Oh, I think so?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, yep.
Speaker 8: They were all nominated for a Grammy in the Record of the Year category, but none of them won. They were all nominated but didn't win Record of the Year at the Grammys.
Speaker 2: Grammys, Glenn, when did you find that out?
Speaker 8: Well, after about three songs, I started to see they had Grammy nominations, and then sort of the further they went through it, no rode down to different categories, and then yeah, I thought they were titled tracks to the album, but up there they started to change after that, and then yeah, by the end it was that was the common thing.
Speaker 2: Well done, Glenn.
Speaker 11: Jason Zbie right, listeners won Christian and Music Department.
Speaker 2: So I think it's only fair, Glenn. You get my fifty dollars.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's only fair. All right, Jason, we'll play again. We'll try this again. Okay, well done.
Speaker 11: It was fun.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Patty. You said something about Grammy.
Speaker 2: We've had a lot of people also guessing. Is it something to do with Grammys? Yeah, but none of us got about the nominate being nominated but not winning it because it's boring. It is.
Speaker 4: It's a boring link, isn't it. That's all I said the music team boring link.
Speaker 2: Why they're out there at computer desks? Okay, but they've won fair and square. All right then, thanks for listening. This week's been an amazing week on the show. Enjoyed it. It's been a week to remember. Actually, the Peter Logan Effects still with us. Have a top weekend title today's show is I was gonna say Jason's one, but I'm not going to deal with that. What should we go with? I've totally forgot that we had to name the title of today's show.
Speaker 4: I'm in a bad mood now.
Speaker 2: Peter Logan effects come on all right, live the show, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show World one oh four point three