Speaker 1: Already talk actings. Is that segment where we play the little bits of gold that we hear on talkback radio?
Speaker 2: Yeah, highly requested to. This has been voted by the idiots, the number one segment we did.
Speaker 1: That's throughout our Facebook group. I didn't realize it had been so long since we'd done talkback things because I don't know, actually Graham, I think like it was Graham.
Speaker 3: The last one was.
Speaker 1: But let me tell you, this person we're about to hear from has been on talkback things before. I think it was back in episode twenty seven. Do you remember Carter Edward?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: How could I forget Carter?
Speaker 1: Especially so far, every single talkback ting's piece of audio that I've played something whack from talkback has come from the one station to sm in Sydney. I don't actually need to go outside of that station because it all it just delivered so much gold. You wish your random safe?
Speaker 2: Are you're telling me that they had to withdraw from the ratings because they were rating at such a small percentage.
Speaker 1: Yes, they were that embarrassed by their poor raisings that they just tapped out.
Speaker 3: They were like pulling it out.
Speaker 1: I don't want to know it's fine. But they were like, no, ratings aren't even real anyway. Yeah, that was their excuse, all right, really yeah, and they run on the smell of an oily rag. It's literally just an old man a microphone and a phone. That's all they do. That's the only resources they have. But they somehow make it work. But I was listening to the other night Carter Edwards late at night on a weekend, and I witnessed the moment that Carter Edwards just gave up. Really, he's been in this game for a long time, been hosting his talkback show for many years, and I just thought this particular he was like, I'm over it. I'm over it.
Speaker 3: Not his heart, I think his heart gave out. Eyes on that you'll.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean. But first of all, let's just give you a little taste of what Carter Edwards radio show is like.
Speaker 5: Any topic, any time called thirteen twelve sixty nine.
Speaker 6: Speaker there, it's the truth. Yes, okay, it's your station. I just pushed the buttons and give you the chance to have your freedom of speech. And there's all kinds of things that we'd like to give you a chance to talk about. One thing, I wanted to do and I wanted to try and get your opinion on whatever it is that we throw in your direction, because everybody's got a a thought on whatever it is that we're talking about. Whoops, where have I got this happening? A second? Hang on?
Speaker 1: Okay, so he's not super coherent, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Everyone's got a thought but him.
Speaker 1: Yes, So you wouldn't really tune into that show. If you're wanting slick, polished radiom rubbish, you have to make exactly.
Speaker 3: He left so many lulls. I could never do that.
Speaker 1: Thosells are bad. So when I listened the other night, I heard him do his thing. He's like, you know, this is the number, call in talk about whatever you want to talk about. And then he just sat and wait for someone to call on air. He didn't fill the silence. He literally just sat in silence waiting for the phone to ring.
Speaker 3: But was it a jug? Was he doing it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you just played the audio. You'll know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Thank you for your.
Speaker 7: Thoughts, Maureen, Okay, bye mate, Thank you.
Speaker 6: Darlin bo boy, Okay, agree or disagree? What are your thoughts on that one?
Speaker 5: Folks?
Speaker 6: Please give give us an idea. Okay, thirteen twelve sixty nine, I've got one line waiting for somebody.
Speaker 3: You'll wait, No, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Wait is this real?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm not going to make you sit through all the silence it went for over three minutes.
Speaker 3: Was in a bad mood.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but can I tell you there was actually nothing he could have said in that moment that would have been more engaging to me then that silence. I wouldn't get out of the car. I'm sitting there in the car park for over three minutes, being like, what's going to happen next? It was actually so gripping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but also my brain goes straight to death. I'm like, has he died? If something has happened in the studio, there's a terrorist? Isis of broken in.
Speaker 5: Week?
Speaker 3: This is why we love his program.
Speaker 1: He's not enough again. But anyway, I'm not going to make you sit through the entire three minute silence. But this is what happened when he came back on air and finally someone called through.
Speaker 8: Okay, what good evening? Hello?
Speaker 6: Yeah, can hear I can hear you? Yes, sir? Thank you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was listening to your conversation earlier.
Speaker 1: It went on from there.
Speaker 3: It was almost like he was asleep with a newspaper, right, oh, yes, waiting.
Speaker 1: Can I just ask Mitchell, as someone who works on air in FM radio, how much trouble would you get in if you did that?
Speaker 2: If I say my name, I'm Mitch till midnight, I can't even leave a pause between the till and midnight was one word, Mitch till midnight. I can't even go Mitch till midnight.
Speaker 1: FI a dairy, very fast paced, nothing like that talk back shit.
Speaker 2: Also my call because I take so many calls every night. I can if they're bad, I chop them. They're done really, oh of course, but it's also funny that way. But this way, like this is next level.
Speaker 1: Well, as we've learned, they kind of just let anyone on air on talkback. They don't really bet them. It's it's like whatever someone's called, they'll take it back.
Speaker 2: Also, that lady that he let didn't even know his name by mate.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I did feel bad for Carter and the fact that he was his left hanging yeah for three minutes, waiting for someone to call. And so right now as we're recording, we are on Facebook Live, Yeah, TikTok live Instagram line. I'm thinking that our listeners, because they're fucking legends, they wouldn't leave us hanging.
Speaker 3: Like that, you buddy, Hope, not absolutely not.
Speaker 1: And so we've never done this before, but we're going to give out the number of the studio that we're recording. Okay, here it is, and then Jenna, I want you to get a stop watch out yep, and see how long it takes someone to call, because I don't think our listeners would do that to us, leave us hanging for three over three minutes.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think they would, although our listeners is that way incline that they might just do it because they like.
Speaker 1: Oh, anyone right now is considering doing this is to trol us. I will be furious because like, that's gonna be so tense.
Speaker 3: They probably would knowing them.
Speaker 1: We're also on Facebook Live. There's like a I tested it earlier. There's a seven second delay, so we're guaranteed at least some silence. Okay, So we're just going to sit here and wait and see how long it takes one of our listeners to call, So Mitch without further give out the number.
Speaker 3: I'll do it. It'll be my the very best Carter I can be.
Speaker 2: Give us a call wherever you are thirteen one O six five thirteen one O six.
Speaker 3: Five waiting for your call. Go talk tonight. This is Carter.
Speaker 5: Oh Eloise, Eloise.
Speaker 1: Are you calling kids one A six five or are you calling a couple of mitches?
Speaker 5: I was on TikTok watching the line.
Speaker 2: One of my TikTok you legends, hold on rate that We've got another one as well, right then another second line, hold the line. Oh they've just hung up. That's okay, Eloise, your back, Jannel.
Speaker 1: What was the time? It was fifty seconds? Thirty four edwards. This is what social media, bloody millennial generation can achieve, although fifty seconds still isn't anything to raise over the three minutes in the comments on my TikTok saying guys don't call and I'm like you Instagram, Eloise, Where are you.
Speaker 3: In a wind tunnel?
Speaker 8: By the sound of things, Oh Eloise, she.
Speaker 1: Said, a fish take alloways, where in the.
Speaker 5: World are you Sydney?
Speaker 1: Sydney? Okay, perfect is here?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's on your lap?
Speaker 1: Purring your phone line is shocking, darling back.
Speaker 3: With fucking Leabara or something off you. I got a new one. Hi is thirteen one O six five? Who are you calling for?
Speaker 5: Calling to me?
Speaker 3: Amazing?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 5: My name is Angela?
Speaker 1: Angela which Mitch?
Speaker 2: Two of us Angela's That's why we got another one.
Speaker 3: I'm waiting till we get one from Hurry, here we go?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 3: Who you calling for.
Speaker 5: Him? My name is Luke. I just thought i'd call from Mitch.
Speaker 3: From away? What's last night? What's his last name? Luke?
Speaker 5: H Mitch?
Speaker 3: Thank you? Ye, there's another one. There's another one. We're moving on.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 3: Thanks for all they hung well, we've got three currently. I'm gonna who's the first girl again? Eloise?
Speaker 1: There was Eloise.
Speaker 3: Elouise is in.
Speaker 2: And I'm also going to add the second one, which I believe was Angela. You're both on there high girls.
Speaker 1: Hi, oh, hi lady, thank you so much for calling through. I really thought for a long time there that we were going to have no one.
Speaker 3: Thank you for calling through.
Speaker 2: We do have one more, someone else says someone else.
Speaker 3: Hi, what are you calling for? Hi? What's your name?
Speaker 5: Angelo?
Speaker 8: Already expo?
Speaker 1: Angela? Don't hang up on her again? So how many people are there on hold.
Speaker 3: Right now, there's there's one more person calling through.
Speaker 1: Okay, leave Angela and put.
Speaker 2: Them on the other on Okay, I'm going to get rid of you. Sorry, the girl on the fish tank, Hi, who are you calling for?
Speaker 5: Hi? Hi?
Speaker 3: Calling for kids? Or a couple of mitches? Podcast?
Speaker 4: The second one.
Speaker 1: Podcast Familiar Hi, we've.
Speaker 4: Watched your video of boding Gate in English?
Speaker 1: Hang, I need context on this. Why for what reason was the teacher showing you my old boat video?
Speaker 3: They're talking about lower and middle class? Shut up?
Speaker 4: Yes, well, for some reason they thought it was really exciting for English, so we could like research other like other areas of Australia.
Speaker 1: I see, okay, I mean it would have made sense in a geography class, but I don't understand English. So what was your name?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 4: Maya?
Speaker 1: Maya meet Angela. You're both on the line at the same time. I believe Hi. Are you both in Sydney?
Speaker 5: I know I'm actually Oh, okay, well.
Speaker 1: I don't have a kiss there, so it's all right.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to get rid of one who are dropping because you have more calls coming through. I vote Angela, you've been all the longest you have to say good bye to angel Angela.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Bye Angela. The other girls like bye Angela thirteen one six five. If you're watching with us too, just letting everyone know that I'm here as well.
Speaker 1: Fuck off, Jenna, I'm adding the man, wait there, here we go. Only the number line is busy, That's what I kep Hi, Hi, who are you calling for? What's your name?
Speaker 5: Luke?
Speaker 1: Luke? Is this the one that we entered earlier?
Speaker 5: No, I'm a different Luke.
Speaker 2: What happened to one different Luke?
Speaker 1: I'm on the show, no less. Thank god you saved a fair.
Speaker 3: You stay there. I'm meeting someone else's.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to have conversations with these people.
Speaker 3: We can't not let people through.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hello, what's your name?
Speaker 3: Kate?
Speaker 1: Where are you calling from? Facebook? Instagram? TikTok?
Speaker 5: Thanko?
Speaker 1: Actually okay, we got one from Facebook?
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 1: Where are you? Where are you calling from? Wool and gone? I hope you're not talking and driving? It's very nice actually allowed such a thing on the radio.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, you'd be cut straight away from my program.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure about Carter, as you'd probably be left to a podcast for.
Speaker 5: The very beginning.
Speaker 3: Why why, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I'll stop hanging up on there.
Speaker 3: Thank you for calling through.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. It's nice about to join. She got cut off because she was going down the war gong.
Speaker 1: The keep cutting off. What about the other ones that were still there?
Speaker 3: They've all hung up.
Speaker 1: I want to talk to her more.
Speaker 5: What do you bitches need? There?
Speaker 1: He is, Oh there, there, Sorry, Luke. He keeps hanging up on people. I'm going to fucking ban you from that desk if you keep hanging We've got.
Speaker 3: Calls coming through. This towel radio show works, guys, you get through.
Speaker 1: I've never heard a radio show that just answers and then goes oh sorry after two seconds.
Speaker 5: Next time, I think they're throwing you under the bath.
Speaker 1: Really, they absolutely are.
Speaker 3: Jesus get his number off the air with you.
Speaker 1: Let's pretend this is a radio show. What have you called about, Luke?
Speaker 5: I was just calling for the pop quiz.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well, I'm sorry you've missed. You've missed the queue. That's actually already happened, so you'll have to try again tomorrow, Darla. But is there anything on your mind?
Speaker 5: Three questions for thirty k No, Okay, he's.
Speaker 3: Called he's definitely fan. How long have you listened to our podcast for?
Speaker 5: I actually follow Mitch Kombs on TikTok and I have never listened to your podcast.
Speaker 1: Well, you've got some homework to do, lucky, So it's called is it just me? You'll hear yourself next Monday when this episode comes out.
Speaker 5: Great, just what I've been looking forward to.
Speaker 1: Don't come here with your sarcasm, Dallan, so you want.
Speaker 3: To love you guys? Thank you so much? All right, bye, thank you, bye. Jesus. Can we get someone from Instagram? Please? Thirteen one oh six five Instagram? Call through?
Speaker 2: Now, Jenna's on what's social geners on LinkedIn alive or something? We've got another one, We've got two, we've got three.
Speaker 3: I think we got that. Okay, here, here we go. All right, let's go to call number one. Hello. Hello, what's your name? Where you're from?
Speaker 5: I'm jess Yess.
Speaker 3: What were you watching on?
Speaker 5: I was on TikTok?
Speaker 1: Amazing? Thanks for calling through, Jess. You're in Sydney?
Speaker 5: Are you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I your latest video?
Speaker 7: That was my comment?
Speaker 1: Oh you're the one that watched my video in class as well?
Speaker 3: Are you yes?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you are one of literally hundreds of people that have told me that, am I in the curriculum or something?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you must be.
Speaker 1: We learned it because we're learning about rural places.
Speaker 3: Yes, country.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you, Jess, how did the class react with They're like, go, this is cringe. They were like, okay, we get to watch it.
Speaker 2: We loved it straight up.
Speaker 1: My for you page like a week later and I was like, oh my god, it's missile and you were like, oh my god, it's way more foul these days because I didn't swear in that voge Gate video. That's the weirdest thing about it.
Speaker 2: Back in my day, we'd study Romulus my father and Blade Runner. That's what I look these kids get.
Speaker 3: This is trash. Anyway, thank you for calling Gabby. I don't remember her name.
Speaker 1: Her name is yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: If you listen to the podcast, yess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good amazing. I don't need I don't need to bully you into listening.
Speaker 3: Then, Jess, I'm gonna let you go because we have one more. Thank you, Jess. What's what's your name or what's your suburb? You there is this Rachel.
Speaker 5: Hi, guys, I love you so much.
Speaker 3: Thank you? What are you calling from? What social media? Did you find us on Instagram?
Speaker 1: There we go, We've got one on Instagram. Exciting. Now we've done that, We've done the full sweep. Oh, for god's sake, I've just got a notification saying Jenna's gone live on what her own Instagram?
Speaker 3: On Pinterest?
Speaker 1: So where are you calling from?
Speaker 5: Newcastle?
Speaker 1: Newcastle? Newcastle girl?
Speaker 2: How are we getting fed to Newcastle and regional students? So like, what is the algorithm?
Speaker 1: There you go?
Speaker 3: Well, how long have you listened for Range?
Speaker 5: Oh it's the very beginning, guys.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad you didn't lose interest along the way.
Speaker 5: I had to catch up today because I was. But I've literally listened to the last two episodes today, so.
Speaker 1: Really listened to more than one episode in a day to be honest, what's the most amount that you've listened to it? One go?
Speaker 5: I actually this is really sad. But when I went through Trip to Foster, I went back and listened to other older so probably like three hours.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my god, that would have Will you thick of it by the end? Surely?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: I'm actually a husband to you guys as well.
Speaker 1: No way, think.
Speaker 5: Well you know he's just a big burly cloake that.
Speaker 4: You'll be into you guys.
Speaker 5: But he actually really liked you guys, so that's funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have broad a peal. I mean, that's why we have Jennifer the Tis. I'm just joking. That's why I'm here the Big Cup.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for listening and thank you for calling.
Speaker 5: What's all right, I'll get back onto Instagram. I can watch it.
Speaker 3: We love you, say bye. Wow.
Speaker 1: This was a success. Why is no one calling for me? I don't think you've explained it to your Instagram followers.
Speaker 3: Jenna hasn't under said this.
Speaker 1: Went live with no podcast and asked for me.
Speaker 3: Live on Etsy. Well done. I'm very impressed with our followers. Thank you to Instagram. Everyone's saying Hi, Hi, high high three.
Speaker 1: I I don't like to try and you know, thrive off validation from other people. But my soul died in those fifty seconds when I thought that no one was going to call me too, Like my ego was like, bang took such a hit.
Speaker 3: How's my ego?
Speaker 8: After everyone?
Speaker 3: I'm here for Mitchell Coombs's video. We put on the YouTube.
Speaker 1: Shut up, well, I'm on TikTok.
Speaker 3: Right now you are on TikTok. I'm on, I'm on our stupid little live. We have one ball. Let's end with this. Come on May as well. Hi name suburb?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 3: HOI Holly, probably from Hobart.
Speaker 1: Oh didn't we speak to you a while ago? Yes, that's right, she's come back. Did the red ruth about to reach you?
Speaker 5: It did?
Speaker 3: What did you?
Speaker 5: I haven't been able to use it.
Speaker 3: Oh you're kidding, we'll send it back in it.
Speaker 1: It never occurred to me that there's no red Rooster in Tasmania.
Speaker 3: That's bullshit.
Speaker 1: And you can't even leave.
Speaker 3: What a shitty competition we run. Here's a prize that.
Speaker 1: You can't use. And also, I don't think Corona. I'm pretty sure those vouchers expire in December and the borders aren't going to open before they know they're not.
Speaker 3: We really fucked your over. Holy.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm so sorry, Holy.
Speaker 3: Sure, thanks for calling anyway, appreciate it. Who are you calling for?
Speaker 2: Which means his name is surname Jenna?
Speaker 1: Well done, je.
Speaker 3: I'm not ending this bye, Holy until I get a cheery Hi. Name and suburb they're there? Name suburb? Good A name and suburb.
Speaker 1: Hey, who's calling? Hello?
Speaker 3: Hello? Hello?
Speaker 1: Must be a U fan. They're not all there.
Speaker 3: That's finally I get what and they're not mentally stable. That's my biographic all right, we need to get at it. Thank you everyone for calling. What a great fan base I have.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening, guys, and thanks to everyone and called in. We should do this more often.
Speaker 3: We should. Yes, oh, I a call? Hold on, we have one. I'll put it through.
Speaker 2: We may as well, yes, please, we have the one last call if this'll be the last last one before the line.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, you better close the lines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Hello, what's you name? Where you're calling from?
Speaker 5: Hi, sus Breden. I'm actually calling from California in the US.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, who are you calling for?
Speaker 5: Mitch and Mitch and Jenna?
Speaker 8: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, you're calling from the US. How did you manage that?
Speaker 5: I was on TikTok and I saw your lives It's like ten pm.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Did you have to work out the area code and the international country code?
Speaker 5: I did? I looked. I looked up. I was like, what's the Australian international number? I had to look it up.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Well, it's so good to have you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's wild cool.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 5: I can't believe I actually got on.
Speaker 3: This is crazy, This is cool going to all that.
Speaker 1: What was it, Brighton?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it?
Speaker 3: Yeah Brighton. Do you listen to the podcast? Are you just a tiktoka?
Speaker 5: No? I love the podcast all right. My partner and I are. We went to Australia in twenty eighteen. We visited Kansa and Sydney.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we sort of fell in love with it.
Speaker 1: Oh would you ever come back and stances?
Speaker 5: Exactly? Hopefully, I mean hopefully we'll be able to get back at some point. But I'm in UNI now. Oh my undergrad.
Speaker 1: You're an honorary Australian.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 5: I figured college isn't the right word because we normally just call it college. Yeah.
Speaker 3: What what are you studying?
Speaker 5: Music? Education? On? Be a music teacher?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: She loves it. So there you got.
Speaker 5: Where about my whole family's and music?
Speaker 3: And oh? Where in California are you?
Speaker 5: Central California? Not quite La but not quite San Francisco or.
Speaker 3: Sort of right in the middle, Sacramento, Sacramento.
Speaker 5: No, south of that, it's called Bakersfield.
Speaker 2: You're in Napa, are you are you need the fires currently?
Speaker 3: Because as bad wildfires as you would.
Speaker 5: Say, we are not, but we're sort of like covered in smoke, like at like noon outside it's like dark.
Speaker 3: Oh god, that's what it's like.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you walk into his house like I'm like a polk smokery.
Speaker 3: Everything's just smoke every anyway, Bright, what a pleasure.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for listening. Spread it to as many as many Americans as you can. Let's get the word out there.
Speaker 5: Oh I will, I absolutely will.
Speaker 1: I love you guys, I love you too, right, and thank you for listening.
Speaker 5: Well, thanks for answering.
Speaker 2: That's fine. That delay is very told back, isn't it just to have the sort of have the Yeah, no, it's all good.
Speaker 3: Thank you for calling. But we appreciate it.
Speaker 7: We'll see you on the socials. Brandon, great question about California. Yeah, sorry, he would have got a kick out of it.
Speaker 3: Guy, he would have loved it. He would have loved it.
Speaker 2: He would have loved that he's not in the fires. He's not emotional at the moment.
Speaker 1: People listening to it for the first time in this episode are going to be like, what the just don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast app or follow on the Spotify