Speaker 1: Hello and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Amy Torba and coming up on today's show, Mollie Mae Haig's jacket, Potato Fail, Why some women are swearing off men after Trump's reelection, and Our highs and.
Speaker 2: Lows of the Week.
Speaker 1: But first, Ashy Biens is navigating another public friendship breakdown, this time with her podcast co host and fellow influencer Kiara Doro, who was known by her Instagram handle Ozzie Mum Vlogger. To make matters worse, it comes just days after the pair postponed their product launch, Kate, Can You tell Us More?
Speaker 2: Will?
Speaker 1: Ashy and Kiara have hosted the Grow and Glow podcast for the last two years. Ironically, the podcast is about having raw conversations and finding light in the dark times and leveling up to be your best self. So back in late August this year, they teas that they were launching a product to get so, they shared a photo of themselves with the caption something is coming, and they continue dropping clues, even stating that the product or something that has never been done before. However, on the day of the launch. Instead of sharing the product, they announced the launch was delayed. Ash and Kiara wrote, something has come up today and we won't be able to launch our new product. We apologize as we know you were so excited as are we new date coming soon. As soon as I saw this pop up, I was like, that is bullshit, the fact that it's something has suddenly come up. Like they were dropping easter eggs about this launch in the days leading.
Speaker 2: Up to it.
Speaker 1: They were pumping it up and suddenly something has come up. This reminds me of the Brady Bunch when they're trying to get out of a date something suddenly.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe they saw that Kick had already released some kind of hotline and we're.
Speaker 1: Like, fuck, this idea is not even new. Also, the comic sans text written over the top on the announcement, that is the ugliest text to choose. It's very like boomer text. It was a rush job, because normally you probably go on canvor and produce something a little bit more professional. Then came the big unfollowing so on Thursday, eagle eyed fans spotted that Ashi and Kiara were no longer following each other on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Or TikTok.
Speaker 1: Now it's clear that Ashi Bynes has actually blocked Kiara because content that she used to be in is no longer on Kiara's Instagram profile. So in terms of the timing, it appears the falling out happened on the day of their product launch.
Speaker 2: That's very inconvenient.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Ashy and Kiara were meant to be traveling to Brisbane together for a podcast interview and launch of this product. However, if the Instagram stories had anything to go by on that day, it appears they were apart. You would think if you had a product that was coming out that potentially you've both invested money and time in, you could just put your differences aside. Like, clearly something big has happened here for them to totally pull the product launch. And these things happen, especially when you're working so closely with someone. I'm sure there's been probably arguments going on behind the.
Speaker 2: Scenes are quite a while.
Speaker 1: Why could I see this happening to us if we were leasing a product. Well, it hasn't stopped there so as she has now announced in the Grow and Glow Facebook group that Kiara has decided to leave the podcast to focus on her family more. This is the official messaging so as She described it as a bittersweet time, but said she respected Kiara's decision and trusts in the universe's plan for both of them. She also wrote, I please ask you all to be gentle with us both, not gossiping or ask any questions. We are both going through a lot and stretched emotionally and mentally. Mental health is not something to joke about or play around with. I have a healing brain aneurysm and a bulging aneurism awaiting surgery, and my surgical team has said stress is the worst thing for me, and I can't risk my health or a rupture. My kids need me, and I've got so much more to do in this life.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, that's horrible.
Speaker 1: Well, it is horrible and A new episode of the Grow and Glow podcast also dropped that Friday, entitled an Announcement the future of Grow and Glow Now. Ashy and Kiara both appeared in the episode and were cordial, but it felt very forced, so ash she threw to Kiara, who read a statement out. Here's a little bit of what Kiara said.
Speaker 3: Over the years, it has grown rapidly, which is so exciting, but also does make it need a bit more of me, especially the next year with doing live events on top of already releasing two new episodes a week. I just didn't see how I could comfortably fit that inside my schedule while running another business, having three little kids, and showing up as a mum in a way that I'm proud of, especially with how much they've been needing me lately. In saying this, I made it loud and clear. I did not want to hold Grow and Glow back. It has had so much potential and I didn't feel like it was fair for me to hold not only Ashy back, but our producers as well. So this was completely my choice to part ways.
Speaker 1: It's interesting that Kiara has backed up Ash's original claims that she's leaving the podcast purely to focus on her family, that there's nothing to see here. Yeah, and then she's gone on her Instagram and completely contradicted everything that's been put out. So she so she shared her own statement on her Instagram story, and she revealed that she was feeling exhausted and drained and that she was trying her best to chill out after a few hectic days, and she did go along with the official messaging in a sense, because she did say it was time to focus on her and her family, and she thanked all her followers for their love and support, and she said that she is one hundred percent fine and will not let this consume her anymore.
Speaker 2: But she finished up.
Speaker 1: With I can't say much because I'm already losing so much and don't want to lose anymore. But thank you and you are so clever with a winking emoji. I wonder if she's not saying everything that's happened because she is worried about Ashe's health, but she doesn't want to have that on her goll ji. I reckon she's more bound by some sort of legal contract that says she's not allowed to speak about her experience with Ashy or what actually went down. Yeah, well, a lot of people think that she's been slapped with a gag order. Ash Binds is known to literally jump to lawyers to send out seas and desist letters. Now, this little jibe from Kiara was just the start. So she went on to share cryptic quotes that were very telling. One read, I no longer see the good in people, I see the truth and she added the caption, Lol lucky, I'm a strong motherfucker. Another said this year alone has made it clear to me to not ignore my intuition anymore. If I get an off feeling about anything, I'm trusting my instincts and removing myself. Too many times I've doubted myself just to be proven right in the long run. This is just so millennial to be sharing quotes like this. She shared another which said narcissis be like, how dare you ruin my reputation by telling the truth about the things I said and did, and she added the caption ba ha ha ha ha. Okay, I'm done for the day with the crying with laughter emoji now as she got in on the action too, because she is a millennial, she shared a quote that said, you are the greatest project you'll ever work on. Restart, rest refocus as many times as you need. Well, that one seems to be inwards looking, though it doesn't seem to be attacking Kiara though. Yeah, but it's definitely in reference to this argument that's going on. It's sort of those people that are like, they're so above it. I'm so above this drama that I'm focusing on me, which can be infuriating. Yeah, and even Ash's husband, Steve, was dropping clues about what was going on behind the scenes. So he shared a photo of Ashy at the beach with the caption the most loyal, giving, kind, good human I know, and then tagged Ashy in it. Well, he's really trying to defend her. I mean, it would be really tough, particularly when your wife is going through such a terrible time medically.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, the podcast listeners were just not buying the messaging that was put out, and as she had to go into damage control in the Facebook group, which Kiara no longer is an admin of. So in response to a listener challenging the messaging, as she replied, I have an episode coming out next week also. But the truth is what Kiara has said on the podcast, which she also didn't want to go into more detail out of respect for her family. But it's been a hard process of emotions with the changes that has led to disagreements and upset for both of us. So that was a really long run on sentence. Yea, I want to point out there there's only a full stop just at the end. We share a lot, but for our own mental health. I never want to engage in any online gossip, being trolling, or risk anything for our health or reputation. We don't need to share everything we are navigating privately. Please read this whole post again in respect. We are carrying a lot as She also responded to a listener saying she was shocked by Kiari's behavior. She wrote, never in my wildest dreams, but I think she'd ever respond like this and encourage hate towards me doing wrong by her when it's so far from the truth. I never wanted her to leave, cried a lot and respected and supported her decision. And yes I've found a replacement, but it was from her blessing and encouragement to do so. It's interesting that she's already found a replacement for the podcast. It seems like maybe this was on the cards, Maybe she had someone ready to go behind the scene.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was.
Speaker 1: On the cards though, because they were set to release a product together. Why did you put it out there if you knew that you were going to replace her and bring someone new in, Like it's just drawing attention to it. Well, I think that the product launch was probably the case for all of this because yes, the podcast probably was earning them some sort of small revenue. I mean I never hear anyone talking about it. I don't think it's having the chart, no, So I think that they were hoping to cash in on this product. But when you release a product, do you have to actually put.
Speaker 2: In money to it?
Speaker 1: And when money gets involved with friendships, that's when it usually turns south. And as we said, ashe Bynes is known for having quite high profile friendship breakdown. There's been Millie, Sammy, Greddy, Nat and now Kiara. It doesn't really look very good for ashe Byne. What's the bet that a few of these girls might come together and do their own podcast.
Speaker 2: That would be a bit of a pot shop. Maybe that's a new product for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, there was a lot of questions around ashe Bynes's friendship with Nat Rowland. Now I saw on tatle Life that she has recently confirmed via DM that they are no longer friends and haven't been for a long time. So there were quite a few question marks around that relationship. Do wonder it does look like there is a common denominator? Yeah, allegedly, but I yes, very much allegedly. I am very interested to see how this fares, because if Kiara has allegedly been slapped with some sort of gag order, she's clearly gone against it by putting out those quotes.
Speaker 2: So I wonder if she's.
Speaker 1: Going to come out and say something or we're going to see her retreat very quick.
Speaker 2: I think she might retreat.
Speaker 1: I feel like Ash and her team maybe have brought out the big guns and unfortunately Kiara might be silenced. Well, it's interesting that she said she's already lost a lot. I think that is in reference to the podcast, So I wonder why Ashi Biens was the one that got the podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point, this friendship breakdown.
Speaker 1: I feel like Ash's podcast would be under her name because she's the bigger name. Yeah, well, she definitely is the bigger name. I think Kiara only has around one hundred thousand followers. Ash has over a million. But it's interesting that this podcast isn't bigger considering she apparently has such a large audience.
Speaker 2: I think that's what a lot of influencers are finding.
Speaker 1: Though. People may want to follow their lives online and see their pretty pictures, but people don't necessarily want.
Speaker 2: To hear what they have to say. See.
Speaker 1: I often think that when an influencer launches a podcast, it's actually a true reflection of their level of engagement and following because back in the day it was quite.
Speaker 2: Easy to purchase followers.
Speaker 1: So some people can have these vanity numbers on social media where oh, this person's got a million followers or they've got one hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: Followers, But how many of them are actually real?
Speaker 1: Well, one does spring to mind. I was gonna say an old friend of the podcast, but not really a friend of mine. I know, but yeah, it's funny that these big influencers their.
Speaker 2: Podcasts don't really have any listen.
Speaker 1: There's an influencer who her following fluctuates between seven hundred thousand to nine hundred thousand, dependent on how many followers she seems to have purchase. Yeah, her podcast is never on the charts.
Speaker 2: Doesn't make sense funny about that?
Speaker 4: I guarantee you. The Google search data on what is four B movement spoke to.
Speaker 1: A feminist movement is sweeping the Internet, gaining me millions of views and hundreds of thousands of likes. Known as four B, the movement encourages women to swear off men. I have seen this all over my few page, and it is in response to Donald Trump's victory over Kamala Harris in the US election. Now, I had never heard of this four B movement until last week, but it actually originated in South Korea in around twenty fifteen, and it was sparked by inequality in the country. So the name four B comes from four Korean words which all start with B and translate to no marriage, no childbirth, no dating, and no sex with men. So it's a term that's been co opted by the Internet as a general phrase for boycotting men. Yeah, and there was such a huge spike in searchers for four B in the US following Trump's win, So searchers went up by four hundred and fifty percent, and many women were also encouraged to join the movement. In response to some really gross misogynistic tweets which surfaced last week on x they were shared by far right wing men celebrating Trump's win. So one wrote your body, my choice forever, and this disgusting phrase has spread like wildfire across the Internet. I was just so shocked when the news came through that Donald Trump was leading and it looked likely that he was going to win. See, I was upset, but not ultra surprised. I just think the Americans, of big bulk of them are just morons. Well, I think so many women felt let down by the results, in particular because reproductive rights was such a big issue in this election, and Kamala was of course a huge advocate for reproductive freedom. So it is just so disappointing to see that we had such a worthy candidate.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, one US woman, Ashley Pollard, put it really well. She told CNN, we have panted and begged for men's safety and done all the things that we were supposed to do, and they still hate us. So if you're going to hate us, then we're going to do what we want. Another woman also about on TikTok, no man will touch me and I have my rights back, and some women are even going as far as shaving their heads so they don't appeal to men. But this has caused some outrage online because many women who suffer from alopecia or who are undergone cancer treatment are saying it's highly offensive because it's inferring that all bald women are ugly. Look it's obviously a very sensitive topic. But for me, I don't think that the women are saying it's ugly to have a bald head. I think what they're doing is pushing back on the male gaze. There are women who are doing the opposite though, because they're channeling their anger into workouts at the gym. So one woman shared her workout routine and wrote, building my dream body that no man will touch for the next four years. How about the influencers who have been supporting Trump. So I saw Mitch Third saying how great it was. I also saw what a surprise Yeah, Sky Wheatley's partner Lockie Wore, who we were celebrating earlier on our podcast, celebrating the fact that he had won. Well, even when you look at these Aussie influencers who are supporting Trump, they all kind of push this bro content online and you can see why so many women are joining the four B movement because it's a way of them being able to take back control. And there have been so many poles that have been released that show just how much support Trump has from young men in particular.
Speaker 2: And it's not that surprising.
Speaker 1: Because Trump did a huge push on the Joe Rogan Show He also got a lot of support from the controversial Nelk Boys, who are very popular with young.
Speaker 2: Men on TikTok.
Speaker 1: And it seems very clear that Trump targeted these kinds of young men who just seem angry with the world and seem angry with women in general. And it's the very far right. Like he is not just the right, he is far right. It's not like in Australia where Liberal and labor they're kind of the same party with a few differences.
Speaker 2: Like he is really pushing a far right. It's extreme right.
Speaker 1: It's extremism, and unfortunately it is going to have a massive impact on women. And I can understand, as you said, Amy, why they are joining this movement, and it will be interesting to see how this continues and what other methods women come up with on TikTok to feel united. Let's get into our highs and lows of the week. So my high of the week was watching UK influencer Molly Mayheig and her sister Zoe attempt to purchase jacket potatoes from a famous TikTok food van called spud Bros. So these guys have been showing up on my fa you page and they make the most incredible looking jacket potatoes. They always have huge lines.
Speaker 2: Out the front.
Speaker 1: So in Molly's most recent YouTube video, she told her followers how her manager friend, her sister Zoe and another friend had made a pack to go and try the jacket potatoes.
Speaker 4: And it's basically like a van, like a food van, where they basically cook the most unbelievable jackie potatoes you've ever seen, like with the most insane fuy. So basically we're going to go and get a jacket potato.
Speaker 1: Now, spud Bros. Isn't particularly close to Molly. They are located in Preston, which is just over an hour's drive from where Molly lives in Manchester, so it's not like they were just popping down the road to get a jacket potato. Now, Molly and Zoey proceeded to vlog their car journey down the highway to get these jacket potatoes when it hit them that maybe spud Bros.
Speaker 2: Wasn't open on a Monday. Let's have a listen. Why have we not Why have you not checked?
Speaker 4: Hold on, why have we not checked?
Speaker 2: Because actually no, I'm blows my mind.
Speaker 4: Moy shut up, no, no, no, no, nos somy. It is a Monday as well, so my body's got numb. My body's gone numb. Open open turn till three Monday, Saturday catering service. So my body just went my legs. Actually, I can't feel like on Instagram?
Speaker 2: No why not?
Speaker 4: I don't want to look like Beggy. I'm just saying, hi, are you open to say? It doesn't it's not clear on the internet, on the tinternet, No, just leave it, kid.
Speaker 1: Molly may be any more relatable. I just love that she is so famous, particularly in the UK. But he's driving down to a fucking spud van. Now. The reason this is my high of the week is because I loved the dedication from Molly and Zoe. They wanted that spud so bad they still continued to drive to Preston just on the off chance that the van might be open. Let's have a listen to what happened when they rocked up so embarrassed.
Speaker 4: I've given myself theck my life, just the whole thing of going for a potato like and it's and it's closed, it's there at all?
Speaker 2: Or is it? Is it not even there?
Speaker 4: I didn't want me to go and run and look should we go together. I'm really upset, so at least you put your car.
Speaker 2: Oh only think there's Nando's.
Speaker 4: No, no, I've got a jack potato in my hand and now I need a jack potato.
Speaker 1: And Molly and Zoe's hunt continued because they ended up going to lunch at their favorite cafe where they normally buy their jacket potatoes from. However, things didn't go smoothly.
Speaker 4: Imagine this right, We're like, okay, spud ROAs didn't happen, really really got lynching situation. And also ninety five percent spog has been about spud rows and it never happened. So we were like, okay, we'll come to our usual spot, we'll get a jackie potato. We may get a jacket Potato's head for post twenty five years now they'd never ever we get and they're like, just you know, we are out jacket potatoes. We were like, this is a prank.
Speaker 1: Now they had to put up with beans on toast with hash browns, which actually looked elite, but fuck, this made my week and subsequently my lower over the week is now all I think about is having a jacket potato from spud Bros. And we of course don't have a spud Bros. In Australia, but what great advertisement it has been for spud Bros. I want to get into my high of the week and it does relate to last week's low, so we flipped it around. So I had so many recommendations for new foundations because I was calling out Max Studio Fix. I still want to get a petition together, but luckily I have discovered, from the help of our listeners, a foundation that matches up. Now, Kate, I don't look great at the moment because I've got the test on which is slightly the wrong color because I've run out.
Speaker 2: Of the original.
Speaker 1: But it is the estay Lord doubleware. What's interesting about that is estay Lauder actually owns Max, so.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. I didn't even think of that.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's a very similar formula.
Speaker 2: I mean it is exy.
Speaker 1: It's seventy nine dollars a bottle, but you don't have to use that much.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: I saw a lot of people agreeing with your sentiments around the Max Studio Fix, which I completely agree with.
Speaker 2: The new Miller is.
Speaker 1: Shit house, but I have a hack, so I bought the Maybolene fit Me Foundation in the Matte finish. That is a really good jupe and you can often get it for like thirteen dollars. So I've been wearing that because I haven't really been out and about, so I haven't needed the longevity of say.
Speaker 2: The old Mac Studio fix. Yeah, I mean that is another good one.
Speaker 1: A few makeup artists in our group were saying that you really need to set that really well. The Maybeline fit me if you want it to stay. But yeah, if anyone loves Matte Foundation, I know, I know matt Foundation is very twenty sixteen, but that's when I was in my mid twenty so I am sticking to that look for me. It works for me and my skin type. I've got freckles are like full coverage. I know at the moment it's all about the dewey makeup. Well, you got to do what's good for you. Yeah, but oh my god, the color was good because it had a bit of a pinkish undertone. The other one I was using was very orange. Anyway, I can talk about this for days, but thank you so much. One listener sent me a message saying, look, don't name me, but yeah, Este Lauda is great. I've literally in it before at my boyfriend's house. It's like paint, it doesn't come off, and I was like, that is exactly what I'm looking for, not to sleep in, but just the longevity. Now I don't actually have a lot of the week because I'm having a good week this week, almost going on my honeymoon. So I'm gonna add another high and that is that my in laws have recently put jipbrock.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I get in trouble because my partner says that he does all the work too. So my in laws and my husband have gypbrocked our very ugly blue walls in our house, and it just looks so much better, so much more more. It was blue brick, was lee brick. Yeah, it looked terrible. I will have to add some photos to my homepage, which is Golden Hills House if anyone wants to check it out. So are you going to be configuring your loungry because the whole grand plan was to put a TV on the wall. Yes we are. Yeah, I'm gonna have to share because my house page at the moment only has three posts and we really haven't actually shared the house itself because we were like, oh, we don't want to put too much up that bills where we live, so we've tried to be strategic about what we post.
Speaker 2: But well, surely the insides aren't going to give it away too.
Speaker 1: That's fine, but we've been doing most of the work on the outside. That's why we're lacking a bit of content at the moment. Well, I actually need to come over and visit because I haven't seen it in real life. But I'm very intrigued. I'm getting a lot of fomo because I would love to do my house up at the moment, but it is just not a priority unfortunately. Now my high of the week is my son Jack has started on solids. And for many people it'll probably be a low because it means you're having to cook and clean. But it's just been so fun because we've had this very set feeding routine and now it's like a new exciting thing getting him to see what his reaction to tasting the new foods. It's so cute, cake, isn't me This video of him tasting apple for the first time.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't think he was a fan.
Speaker 1: Look, he hasn't been a fan of either of the food, so he had puaid carrot, which unfortunately I'd ordered all this food and it didn't arrive in time, so the only thing that I had available was the carrot, and oh my gosh, I regret that because literally it's stayed everything. To be fair, carrot is a bit of a polarizing one, Like I don't like carrot that's cooked at all. So maybe he likes something plain it. Can you do potato or is that not really healthy enough? Well, I'm following doctor Golly's advice. He is the messiah in my household at the moment, and he suggested pumpkin sweet potato, peas, zucchini apple pear, so kind of sticking with what he said, and also infant cereals, So I've got some of that to try. I'm gonna try that next because I think that may go down a little bit better. But it's funny because I said to Reese, oh, should we get one of those little smocks to cover in it?
Speaker 2: And recently, nah, bit will be fine.
Speaker 1: Literally after two seconds we were like, definitely going to buy one of those smocks.
Speaker 2: Now, what's your low of the week.
Speaker 1: My low of the week is it's grass seed season at the moment, and for any dog owners, it is a stressful time because I've got two Golden Retrievers with long hair, and we have a big backyard, and they always are getting them on them and I'm picking them off, and I'm checking their paws and I'm brushing them, and then they're all the carpet and.
Speaker 2: I just feel like they're everywhere.
Speaker 1: Maybe you need to get them those little shoes that they wear. Well, we've been trying to trim their paws as well, but they've got so much fluff it's just impossible.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you.
Speaker 1: Guys could talk about your dogs and grass seeds for the rest of the afternoon, but we'll wrap things up there. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of Outspoken. If you are listening and you're not a subscriber, make sure to hit subscribe, and also if you haven't already, we would really appreciate if you could leave us a review because it really helps.
Speaker 2: Out the podcast.
Speaker 1: This episode was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Planes. We pay respect to elders past and present