Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Just tell him he's a goose mate. He's just a goose mate.
Speaker 3: I was penetrating tree trunks with that thing.
Speaker 4: Hommies love a rug, We love a carpet.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, Wednesday morning. Welcome to the show. Five minutes past six. It's the Christian O'Connell Show on Gore Gold Gold. Dude, goome on in Jackie Bone morning. Guys, come on in jack come on in Patsy Morning. Please share with Jackie Bite and our lovely listeners up right now. The situation you're in the moment with your leftovers for dinner.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've stopped shoving stuff in the freezer, you know, cooking your head because I forget about it and then it gets freezer burns. Have to you know, throw it.
Speaker 4: Out, freezer book.
Speaker 2: It's when stuff spinning the freezer too long and it gets our icy taste loses its flavor.
Speaker 4: But don't you just leave it out for a couple of hours to thaw out, and it loses the old.
Speaker 2: It's never quite the same. So we had a situation last night where we had like three of the past night's meals left over, but only enough in each for one person.
Speaker 4: So there was a family situation. Sure there's enough for one, didn't you just been here.
Speaker 3: Three mouths to feed? That makes sense. So you've got three different.
Speaker 2: Cuisines, three different cuisines. So we had that's crazy.
Speaker 4: It was like you're walking on an aeroplane bringing trolley round.
Speaker 3: Sorry, the chickens already got.
Speaker 2: We had spag bowl, shell mean and a massimine curry.
Speaker 4: I tell you what, I'm happy with any of those.
Speaker 2: And so it's a situation of who, what's what? So we do rock paper scissors to decide who's going to have what?
Speaker 4: And what is the primo dish? What does everyone actually want? The spag bowl.
Speaker 2: Everyone wanted, the curry, the amount love, but do you know what everyone? So we do rock paper scissors. But I don't know why we bother because Chris knows everyone, All three of us know at we want what we want and we're going to get what we want. So we still do rock paper scissors, even though in my mind.
Speaker 4: Everyone has to mention that reservoir dog stand off. I know what I want, but I won't want that. What you want, what's impossible? Astern I want? I want that most man. I want the most man. I want the most man.
Speaker 3: None of the meals have still been eaten because the idea hasn't been settled.
Speaker 4: Just stair off and it's now just now you're at work. It's this Chris and his daughter. It's the opposite table. I will not bring first.
Speaker 2: And Chris just waves the white flag because he always gets what Audrey and I don't want.
Speaker 4: So I got the curry sound like the pet I got? Did he eat in a bed? She's got a big bowl on the floor.
Speaker 2: I got the curry, order got the chair mean and he got the stinky old bag bowl.
Speaker 4: Do you notice who won this? Yes?
Speaker 3: And did you win rock papers?
Speaker 5: Mama?
Speaker 6: Wan?
Speaker 2: Hey, if mama's happy, everyone you mamas.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast yesterday.
Speaker 4: Even though I got conned, I find it very hard sometimes to say no to my kids. My oldest daughter, Ruby had already asked my wife if she would take it to a supermarket yes evening at eight, and my wife didn't even did. I don't think Ruby even finished the sentence or no, and just actually turned away.
Speaker 3: The house is closed. After it, I feel like you should be.
Speaker 4: It's like, come on, we've done enough for you guys today. There needs to be some time for the butler to have it, like an hour's break to put his feet up. And then they come find me and will you take me to a supermarket? Mom said, no, get one up on the old. Of course. Of course. So we go to the supermarket, right, and I go, hang on a minute, this isn't for a shop, is it or anything? So no, no, I just want to get a few snacks. I went fine, and I wasn't paying enough attention.
Speaker 3: You need snacks at eight o'clock at not teenagers?
Speaker 4: Do you know what? They're like vampires? They're half asleep throughout most of the day, right at school day Jamen. In the evening they are starving. What happens is they go, I'm not that hungry. Whenever you make them right, they go, I'm not that hungry. Ten minutes after they've eaten, so they go, oh god, there's no snacks. So I heard them doing before yesterday before she went to someone snacks in this house, in this house, there's snacks in this house, like this, fix this? So anyway, we go to get snacks, and as I put up in the car park, I see her that she's got five bags for life with that. My oh god, I've been calmed. What's going in though? She went, oh, there's a few experprits I need as well that mum said to ask you to get as well. Oh god, this part some sort of sting operation. I said, it's eight o'clock at night. I don't have it in me to do a week shop. Not now. Have you ever been to a supermarket in the evening like at eight o'clock.
Speaker 3: It's weird. It feels like for hours, like something from the Walking Dead.
Speaker 4: It is, and it is. It's zombies walking around. There's people who've like finished work or they bindla gym. No one's quite there with it. They're all over the shop.
Speaker 3: And no one should be doing a full shop at that time. It's get the essential items that you need to get.
Speaker 4: To get the big bar. I was literally almost very close to you know when you see a five year old throw him south to the ground and they like snow angels. And I was really close the one that broke me right. While I was there, I took four calls to my wife with fresh things to get and the last one. I said this will be the last court. I'm not kidding more. I don't care if the house is on fire or the old Melbourne Earthquakers back right, don't call me while I'm here. I actually can't handle it. I'm very close to divorcing you right now. I can't handle this. I'm tired and I need to get out this supermarket. The lights are too bright. She goes, I need to do pick up five passion fruit. Oh, so I get off the phone. What I know what they look like? Chopped up on the plate. They are lovely?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's it from the outside?
Speaker 4: I don't know what it looks like. So I see some kid who works there, right, he's one of those barely looks like he fits the uniform and the high visit. You know, it's like eight. Oh, you're ready grow into that when you're an actual adult. And I go, excuse me, do you know what the passion fruits are? And he goes, what, I go, passion fruits? Goes, Oh god, I wouldn't even know what one of those looks like. He gets his phone out and goes on to Google. I went right. The answer isn't on there. It's in this super it's got thirty two hours. I know it's in the fruit section, right in the produce if my only hope is you go on Google. Then I saw a woman and looked smart enough to know what it was, and I found where they were.
Speaker 3: You didn't talk to a non employee, Yeah I did.
Speaker 4: It's a big step for me.
Speaker 3: You don't worry people at that time of night.
Speaker 4: I know. And also the other thing is is like I reckon if my wife and I split up, right and I wanted to meet the future missus o'c. Eight o'clock in the supermarkets. When I find there nice the lady, I asked, excuse me, where are the passion fruits? I think she looks at me like, oh, this is code. We easy could have been ten minutes downstairs in that basement car park doing it.
Speaker 3: Is your daughter still with you at this point?
Speaker 4: She's in a Teli aisle? Like I said, there was a lot going on last night. Anyway. Would you know what a passion fruit looks?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: Oh, I've got I reckon, I can pass I've got genuinely got your fruit line up here? What are these three fruits? Is a passion fit. Okay, do you think it's number one, two or three?
Speaker 3: One of those genuinely is a passion Okay, Well, you're going with fruits that all look so similar.
Speaker 4: That's what I had yesterday in the in the fruit line.
Speaker 3: Up there, one and three looks so similar.
Speaker 4: I almost went for tomatos. At first, I thought maybe I could just pass it off and go bloody. Shop assistant told me.
Speaker 3: This, what's a plumb and what's a passion fruit? I'm going to go for what was the smaller? Aren't they number one?
Speaker 4: Damn it? You smoke passion fruits.
Speaker 7: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: So now for your emails that we call late to the party late. You can email the show whatever you want about anything you've heard us talking about. Christianny yesterday. This cone from Steve yesterday. I was listening to the show. You were talking about baby names for Jack's son coming in the March. Name Hank came up, pitched to you and he fell over with laughters. One of my friends is one of the Post clan, and his eighty year old dad's name is Hank Post, who I saw last weekend for a beer. Jack, You're going do a lot worse than Hank. Hank in Dutch.
Speaker 3: This Hank, this might be my great uncle.
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: My mum wrote to me on the last night after hearing the show and said, would you consider Hank with an e?
Speaker 4: Hank?
Speaker 3: You have a great uncle Hank, your dad's grandfather's brother. Henk posts, No, way.
Speaker 4: Not here. It's a strong Dutch name. I didn't know that, did you know that, Henk?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well my dad's Dutch, so we have like half Dutch. Yeah, no, he's my dad's real name is Johanna's.
Speaker 4: This is all coming out. Who are you really? Harness?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well from now on where he should be known as his original name. I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my real name's Yuk.
Speaker 4: It was a little bit too sweet. I said, Wow, what a brave new world will get into and the show the show is still going on eight shows ago. Yuck? Hey, Yuky, what's going on with you?
Speaker 6: All?
Speaker 4: Right? Where were we? Yes? So you look and this might be uncle? Is he eighty?
Speaker 3: I've never met my great uncle Hank?
Speaker 4: But is he here?
Speaker 3: He's in Melbourne somewhere.
Speaker 4: You've never met him.
Speaker 3: I've never met him. Why not have you met your your great uncles. Yes, No, not uncles, great uncles. That's your grandfather's brothers.
Speaker 4: So here in this city you've got great uncle you've never met, No, never, I never met anyone the last thirty four years.
Speaker 3: My grandpa came over with like eighteen brothers.
Speaker 4: Well he just spread them around parents Australia. He's heeded them.
Speaker 3: There's too many.
Speaker 4: To me.
Speaker 3: We did do a big family post family reason that.
Speaker 4: Was enough and that just not got my head off the once. To me, Traditionally people do it around I don't know. It's called the Christmas festive time of the year.
Speaker 3: But you don't get all your family tree like great uncles and aunts. That's that's a real extension.
Speaker 4: I know what you mean. But why don't you try and meet up with him?
Speaker 3: He's eighty.
Speaker 4: Oh you've got a kid coming soon. He's going to have a great great great great great great grandchild.
Speaker 3: I'll reach out to Hank and say if it's the same Hank Post.
Speaker 4: I bet you it is. It's a strong Dutch name. So I think I said that earlier. I'm hanging on a life belt right now, I'm on a drift in this Your dwn's your hardness.
Speaker 3: I wasn't going to reach out to him. But if it's a strong Dutch name, I will who.
Speaker 4: Says, you really don't mind Jack? That's wrong, Steve. How did he go down? Yesterday? I did pitch Jack a number of five baby names, and the one that you liked was Hank.
Speaker 3: Hank.
Speaker 4: I think Hank post is a good, punchy, strong name.
Speaker 3: Bianka said she didn't like it because it reminds her of Hank Williams.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, the country and Western singer.
Speaker 4: But it's not like it's like Ed Sheer. Is it so sorry? You mean a singer from the nineteen forties, the depression era.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not like the first day of school. He will get there and they'll go Hank, like Hank.
Speaker 4: Will you can stay with you a lifetime.
Speaker 3: We just can't put him through that.
Speaker 4: It's too risky, the old Hank with.
Speaker 3: She also said it reminds me of the term hanky panky.
Speaker 4: Oh it's dead of water now, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I think it's gone, gone.
Speaker 4: It's gone. This might help. Then, do you remember King Eric? No Eric with twelve quids? Oh yes, yes, King Eric has emerged out of the miss Now. This is someone who knows a lot about baby names.
Speaker 3: He's got practice.
Speaker 4: They've had to come up with twelve of them. Christian Hope is all as well. So listen to show on the school run yesterday. I heard your picture names to Jackie Boy. I would love to offer some advice to Jack and Bianca when they try and choose a name. It's really hard. I think I have come up with a great option for them, something a little unique with a surprising twist. It's going to cool him this morning. But things just got away from me. Don't make excuses, listeners. If you're doing anything about baby names again, give me a buzz. We've got to get King Eric on ps. We are no, my god, his wife expecting baby number thirteen. Guy, Come on, guys, Netflix and chill. Actually no, that's all's got. I think we're getting Netflix and Chill. It isn't about chill, but for Erica and his poor poor wife. Bloody hell. Sure what the time number thirteen is coming out? You're just walking down the street, leaning up against the lamp post and just squeezing it out. It's just like so easy thirty. In case you don't know, we have baby number thirteen due at the end of March. So looks like Bianca and Melinda running pretty close to their pregnancies. It's a median advice and out with baby should we get king ericon.
Speaker 3: I want to know what the surprising twist is, ryes.
Speaker 4: Uh if you ever got an email for the show. And just I don't know if I mentioned it earlier, but Henk is a very strong on the periodic table of Dutch names. It's right, there is the strongest element. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com that you.
Speaker 7: Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: So we've been doing our eight of the eighties where each week we break apart the eighties to do with that letter of the week, and I've loved doing this. We'll be doing with the nineties when we returned in the new year. And for Jackie Boy, you've seen some amazing and some nowhere near amazing eighties movies. You've seen it hell of a lot more.
Speaker 3: That's right. I still recommend movies like Escaped to Victory and Roadhouse. I could skip a bunch of things. We've seen Police Academy, Weird Science, Short Circuit, a lot of Steve Gutenberg one exactly.
Speaker 4: Yes, he seems to be the ven diagram where Steve meets with the eighties. Not all great work there, however, you know all the ones, all the various letters we've had that was given Jack the chance to see these amazing movies and for us to swap stories. Me and Patson, you guys from the eighties went out the last letter of the earth for a bit, and it is a tough one, and that is why we need your help. Good letters, letter s o'connells of the eighties, Yeah, sense of the eighties. I'll be honest with you. It's patchy, right, it's patchy. However, I just want to make sure that we're trying everything to see can we do the letter Z to complete It's the last letter of the alphabet. The last twenty six weeks we've been doing this, I want to try and end it properly.
Speaker 3: We even got through XM, Y, so it'd be sad to not to get any drips out of it in when we squeeze for Z.
Speaker 4: So what I'm not asking you right is just to sort of go through all your brain files right now and see if you've got anything to do with the letter Z. All we need from you we're going to try and turn the show now into a brainstorming session. Okay, I just need anything a word that starts with the letter Z. And then by the time we get to seven o'clock we're trying maybe get down whittled down, hopefully a long list of just words that begin with the letter Z that we can try and get some phone ins after seven. Ye could we do the impossible today, which is due between seven and eight only cals to do with the letter Z. A jack, give us something to get going.
Speaker 3: Okay, mine is hands Zimmer. He makes great soundtracks from movies like Gladiator, Inception.
Speaker 4: I think June and Bomb the New Bomb movie, both those he did. The time I went I went to see him live. I saw Zim alive at the Royal Albert Hall. Really, Oh, it was incredibly. He was with an orchestra. It was amazing and he was the songs he does obviously from the movies right, and it's not like it's not like Springsteen. You know, you go budget to the one Gladiator closing critism and exception is that it has is that a Dutch name. It's not as strong as Hank. I went to see Level. It was incredible and had like a big screen and as they were doing the very song from that movie, they had the scene up from the movie. So it's like the dark night scenes as well with heath Ledge. You know, we're all go silent and they're out the car going to the tunnel. It's it's amazing.
Speaker 3: And then what is he do? Is he holding the conductor's stick or is he just because he doesn't play?
Speaker 4: I think he's doing dancing.
Speaker 3: He writes the music, he does some interpretive dance.
Speaker 4: He dresses up as a character from the movie I Am Being Hands.
Speaker 3: He doesn't play the violins and the cellos and stuff.
Speaker 4: It is like a big old saxophone soler like Kenny g So, I mean, I don't know what we're going to do after seven with my going to see Hands him alive? Are we looking for other people? Seeing the Hands and oh the stranger show you saw life? It was well, I'm not you know, normally when you go and see your favorite band of artists, right. The thing I love about it, aside from like is your favorite band of artist is you're with your people.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 4: There's something like a think these are my people? A right when I got there, the moment I was queuing up outside the raw labahle, not my people, you are, I've made a mistake. Actually, maybe hands is just something to enjoy my headphones, you know. And by the way, I was alone, I couldn't find anyone. It's a tough shout in your in, your in, your mate's WhatsApp groups go hey, you've got a spead ticket non stop hits tonight Thursday Night.
Speaker 3: Hand Zimmer life and you love a band T shirt emerged from a show. But I've never seen you in a hands.
Speaker 4: On my hands. Put those hands in the air, all right, So hand Zimmer is my suggest Zimmer.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Into the eighties, of the eighties, and today it's about the letter Z. It's the last one of this, I mean don't know over the lost twenty six weeks breaking apart the great decade of the eighties with a letter of the week. So it's about that letter Z. We need your help over the last run of this. Then it's been quite easy to talk about various movies to do with that letter of the week, TV shows, songs, so just stories from that to do with the letter however, Z it's it's really hard. So we're doing a full court press today before we get into seven o'clock. Between seven and eight, we need to brainstorm with you guys. Can you give us a word to do with the letter Z that we can just put on a long list and then work out is there anything from that that we could do some phone ins after seven.
Speaker 3: You don't even need a story off the back of it. Just suggests the word and we'll look after that part.
Speaker 4: Just to you know where we're starting from. I'm not saying it's low, but all we've got so far as Jack and I. Jack came up with Hands Zimmer, who makes a lot of amazing movie soundtracks, and I remember that I went to see him live once by myself. If you want to know what Hans Zimmer sounds live Interception movie fans, you might recognize this from the soundtrack two and a half hours. I was there alone by myself to Hands live. Would you have come with me? I would? I think he would have left after half.
Speaker 9: An hour ago.
Speaker 3: What I love about seeing a live band is you can sing along with the lyrics with hands you kind of just got to.
Speaker 4: You're not It's more like a beautiful instrumentation. Oh the arrangements. Oh god, do that want again? Hands? All right, so z let's get into it a couple of texts. What about the word zealous? Hm?
Speaker 3: Tough? What does zealos even mean?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna author is it an over enthusiastic person? Yes? Yes, that's when Lisa Zebra kill more lines than any other animal? Whats just one? Anthony st is like the ultimate killerbra Zebra back in the news again that he's taking another one of us. Zebra kill more lines in a facto. Surely, thank you very much, Dal. Surely someone has had a zip lining accident? Yep, lols galore after seven. If you're traveling at speed, it isn't going to be a mild sort of bruising, is it if you've got a zip lining accident? However, put it on the list. We need the full court press right now. Jump on the phone. Just give us a word beginning with the letter z leag good.
Speaker 10: Morning, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 5: I actually more have a fun fact about the hands Zimmer conversation you guys head. Oh yes, well he is actually the keyboardist in the Buzzles video kills the radio stuff. So he's actually in it, which.
Speaker 4: Is in the video? Was he was?
Speaker 5: He in the actual videoboard he was Bally, but I don't think he kind of went on with him after that, but he would. He is in the film clip. It is him playing the keyboards in video.
Speaker 11: Killed the radio stuff?
Speaker 4: Do you know what I could have done with him chucking in a bit of video, killed the roadstarts and light of those big old heavy soundtrack hands. It's killed the radio stuff? Who did that years ago? Is only in the video two three four Dark Night Raises, great fashion. Send your prize for that, Lee, Thank you very much. What we've done enough hands, I don't think we've done enough going there. We can all feel the momentum, guys, there's a ground swell. Hayden, good morning, Good.
Speaker 12: Morning, Christian. I've got a couple of get you over the Lord.
Speaker 4: Oh bless you. Thanks Hayden.
Speaker 12: There used to be a bed in the sixties. Rick Springfield, before he was Jesse's Girl and General Hospital, used to be the guitarist in this band called Zut. They had a big cover in Australia with eleanor Rigby and that went really well. In OZ and Jimmy Page led Zeppelin uses the name Zoso.
Speaker 4: Does he what was like a faint name when he's checking into a hotel or.
Speaker 12: I don't know, but you say it on the album. So it's on John Bonhm's drum kit. They've all got different symbols for each of them, and Jimmy Page yeah uses those O.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, I thought it was a brand of symbol.
Speaker 12: I don't know, but that's what the is a brand of symbol.
Speaker 4: But anyway, look, maybe someone's got a story about that brand of symbol.
Speaker 12: Zild or something like that.
Speaker 4: Loose confidence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had us with the Rick Springfield.
Speaker 4: Have you seen him alive? Thank you very much, you give us a hand mate.
Speaker 12: Thanks Christian love your show, Thank.
Speaker 4: You, blessure, Thank you very much. Matthew, good morning. Hello, hello matt you're right.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I just yeah, I thought of Robert Zimmerman first, and who became Bob Dylan.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's right. Maybe could speak to people who changed their name.
Speaker 10: But there's also also the top.
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't want to do is easy top, but need that's that's our that's our thing to do.
Speaker 3: Now do you have a great beard?
Speaker 4: No, do you have an name? The guy called Beard in the band didn't have the bead. That's only any guy who had the name Beard that didn't have a beard. Say, you're not that tool when you're called and no idea is bad, but that was very bad.
Speaker 6: Bad seems also excusing New York top.
Speaker 4: Ah, Yes, that's right, thank you, Matthew.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian Know Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Today's Letters b seconds.
Speaker 4: All right, it is the last one. It is the toughest one. There's no movies that we thought wo'd be fun for Jack and I to watch again and then share with you guys. Nada nothing. So for last half an hour the show, whilst you were sleeping, we've been brainstorming with everybody up and about trying to just get a word from listeners that begins with the letter Z, and then to see if this hour how far can we go. We're not expecting to go very far with the phone ins to do with the letter Z. So far chack from our lovely listens this morning and the brainstorming, what have we got on our board?
Speaker 3: Hands Zimmer?
Speaker 4: He did the old start cold stop going keept me into a phone right now, say hands Zimmer, this is easy and I've got ten hands Zimmer story.
Speaker 3: There's no wrong answers in a brainstorm.
Speaker 4: You're right?
Speaker 3: Zips Zoot Who is the band that Rick spring Field started with in South Australia, zz Top Zimmerman, which was Robert Zimmer who became bub Dylan. So we're looking maybe for stories of people who have changed their names.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, So hand Zimmer I've seen live about seven years ago. You won't be surprised to know. I had to go by myself. I couldn't find any friends who want to go and see hand Zimmer live with an orchestra. What's the strangest live show you've ever been to see? Sometimes it is really hard if you're into something and you're try and sell it to your friends, Like, no, you're going to loan to that? What were the other ones? Zips and zip lines?
Speaker 3: Yeah, zips and zips lines. Have you ever zipped something up by accident? Maybe a body part?
Speaker 4: I don't want to hear those stories, but they sound boring as hell. Yeah, I won't zips out my hoodie. And then I realized it's a little too warm for that. So if you one Coller of the.
Speaker 3: Week, if you zipped up your hoodie and then zip you nipple up.
Speaker 4: You go, oh, I'm now into that. Sorry.
Speaker 3: Would we do change names? Rober Zimmermon? But then people who are in witness protection and can't bring up and go, oh my name used to be Peter Ball and now it's not.
Speaker 4: I never would have thought about that. We might get people if you're in witness protection. I think on that sort of fact set of things not to do. It's cool. Melbourne's biggest radio say, should go by the way, I'm in witness protection and it's that this isn't my name. Hate kriminals come find me?
Speaker 3: So have you changed your name innocently? People? You are innocent?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, yes, Look can we just leave it? Have you changed your name? Have you changed your name? Have you zipped up something by accident? Yeah? Zip lining strange gigs. Oh and I just remembered from my French lessons in the eighties.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 4: The only thing I can really remember is the French phrase.
Speaker 3: Lare I beg your pardon?
Speaker 4: It means damn them odd words you know in foreign languages. Okay, just odd words you know in foreign languages. I don't know if this houps get us any calls. I'll be honest with you, guys. Can we even get to the high seven? All right? Cool? By call is how we're doing this? Ages are the eighties? The last letter? Can we finish this eightes of the eighties, which we've loved properly? Nine four one four one oh four three? All right? Debbie, Good morning, Debbie, Hi Christian, how are you? I'm good? First of all, Debbie, thank you very much for trying to make this work this morning. Can we get a phone in going to do with the letters? That's bless you for calling in. What have you got for us?
Speaker 11: Well, I've got the famous character out of Ghostbusters zoo.
Speaker 4: Of course, yeah, zup.
Speaker 3: To have the audio ready on hand?
Speaker 4: Is actually me doing that human sound effects machine.
Speaker 11: He was the character that possessed them, possessed Dana's.
Speaker 4: Character, Sigourney Weaver.
Speaker 11: That's that's correct. So yeah, and it was perfectly because Ghostbusters is an eighties movie, brilliant one. I'm actually I'm actually going tonight to the fans screening of Ghostbusters afterlight for you. I just thought, yeah, I thought it was very appropriate turing up with the dead word.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Perfect. You've got to let me know to my what it's like. This is the one where it's directed by the son of the director of the original one. Ivan Rightman, directed the eighties one. His son Jason. Jason is trying to rebuilt the whole franchise, as they.
Speaker 11: Said, and I've heard great things about it.
Speaker 4: So's it who they got in there? Look, I know that Artie.
Speaker 11: They've got apparently the sexiest man alive, Paul I'm sorry, Paul Rudd.
Speaker 13: Yes, and a couple of.
Speaker 11: Young actors that were in Stranger Things.
Speaker 13: So there.
Speaker 11: I am a good audience, so I can't.
Speaker 6: I'm zill going to be in there.
Speaker 12: But zill's the perfect word it is.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. Enjoy the movie tonight, Debbie, We're off. Okay, let's go to David. Thank you. Debbie's going to David.
Speaker 10: Good morning, David Morning, Christian, Pats, how are you?
Speaker 4: We're good? Okay, second corner on our phone, and want to do with the letters Z What have you got?
Speaker 10: Yes, mine's about a zip line. When I was back in high school, we were on a school camp and we went to this huge adventure park and there was this massive, massive zip line and there was a sign there that said no fooling around, don't touch the cable. So I was showing off in.
Speaker 14: Front of all my mates, all the girls.
Speaker 10: I get all the way down to the end of the zip line and for some reason I grab hold of the cable and the cable goes the polly goes back over my right ring finger, and I'm sitting there screaming, hanging on by one arm, kicking all my mates to laugh and think I was still showing off, But the bone has actually popped through my finger, and I was nip bine for about two minutes before anyone had come and grab me.
Speaker 4: Oh, it around for a reason, because someone like you did that once.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also, so I was stuck.
Speaker 10: At this school camp with this massive bandage and plaster all out of my finger and couldn't do anything for the rest of the week.
Speaker 4: But surely the bragging ris were you like the hero of the school camp or just the idiot? Good both Welcome to our lives. Hey, that is a great one, David. I'll send you a prize for that good stuff.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: So far from your suggestions? Have you changed your name? Bob Dylan originally Robert Zimmerman became Bob Dylan. Have you changed your name? Zip the laws one of the few French words I remember from school in the eighties. It means damn you. Strange words you know in another language. Jackie boy, what are you looking for? Zips?
Speaker 3: Zips?
Speaker 4: Have you?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 3: Actually, na, I'm pulling back on that now, what's happened? Taking two calls and.
Speaker 4: He's you saying to someone, Hey, you know what, I'm not sure we can put this on there. What's happened? I've zipped up the old.
Speaker 3: Zipped up the old.
Speaker 4: One of them was called Joe friend.
Speaker 3: Yes, Jody, she became Jody afterwards, or Jody saving you a young boy who had zipped himself up?
Speaker 4: Oh, yes like that? Yes, I got a leader.
Speaker 3: And then David, what movie is that?
Speaker 4: That's something about Mary? Is it? What a great movie is that? Nineties?
Speaker 3: That's nineties?
Speaker 4: Were getting into that when we come back, when we get into the age the nineties. All right, now we're on the letter. I've noticed the the lines driving we come on. We can make it at least at seven thirty, can we We've got one more at the moment, So anything you've got there? Ninety four one four one oh four three Full court Press needed today on the show. Guys, All right, let's go to Zana Zana.
Speaker 8: Hi, guys, it's Zana z for Zana. I'm from Malaysia. I've got a yeah, thank you. Zana Bananas what my kids call me. And I have a weird foreign word for an English word.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, what's that.
Speaker 8: It's huma humaka a pool from Hawaii.
Speaker 4: What does it mean?
Speaker 8: It means tuna.
Speaker 3: A long time ago fishing.
Speaker 4: I love that. Going to subway to there and ask for that and but you said, what's it again? I love the I love that word.
Speaker 8: It's one word. It's huma huma.
Speaker 4: And that's and that's tuna.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And some guy had it on the back of his T shirt at McDonald's once and I was behind him and I said, oh, I know what that means. And he said, oh my god, I've wondered what that word means all the time.
Speaker 4: That's it. He just liked the T shirt.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think it was a hot tuna T shirt.
Speaker 4: Oh, I see, I get it now. Yeah. Great word to try and drop in scrabble as well if you can, If you know whatever, just tell someone that's spelt that way, you'll get a trouble word score galore. Hey, you've given us a double Really, you've got the name to do with the letters Z as well, So we'll send your price. Thank you very much for cool Thanks bye. All right, so we're going to take your break. When we come back, can we get to the news. We need a couple more calls. I don't want you to give up on the zipping stories just because you've had back to backpeckers. Okay, I hope that's a praise. Never have to say to Jack again, I'm sorry that you've had back to backers. Oh, Jackie boy, Jackie.
Speaker 7: Boy, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Anything to do with the letters that? Okay? Someone is just texted in. What about something funny happening at the zoo? Maybe you know what an elephant waved at you with his trunk. We don't know a monkey with an eye patch? Who knows top of the head right now? Chris, Good morning, The letter Z.
Speaker 6: Good morning, guys.
Speaker 4: How are you? We're good? Chris? I hope you are going well this week? The letter Z my z Zalta from Big Yeah, great movie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've got I've got a bit of a story. A few years back, I was in a musical theater production of Big and I got to be z Alta.
Speaker 4: So basically, first of all, where was.
Speaker 6: This in Minton in mock Oh yeah, I know, yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: That all right. And so you had to audition to be Zulta, or.
Speaker 6: Basically this auditioned to be part of it. And you've got a couple of smaller roles in.
Speaker 4: School auditioning for a couple of places. Went in to be the lead. They go, you can be a mute in the background.
Speaker 3: I go off and to build the sets so that I'm not even you can paint this board?
Speaker 4: What about He starts singing some of the songs, going no, don't stop. Ulta doesn't get him out of there. Get out of there, Chris, because I carry on Chris Zulta.
Speaker 6: Basically the scene was the first scene. I'm in there in my my Zulta box and I'll be pushed out in you know, during the blackout, and I had my little position on.
Speaker 4: So describe them. Described the box It is literally like like the movies, it's trying to be.
Speaker 6: A rectangular box, basically an inch or so either side of my shoulder, probably about a foot in front of me. But yeah, just sitting there, stiff as a board or stiff as a sulta.
Speaker 3: Phraise that we have to use more often in society.
Speaker 4: We'll give you a prize, just forgive it that to the world. Alta, I've got physio les today. And he always says, how I go steph as azulter. So, Chris, is your head peeking out from Zulta?
Speaker 6: I'm fully visible as soon as the lights come up. Beautiful, you can see me sitting there just in the box. Now you're waiting. The scene starts, the kids come out, they sing a song. I'm still just sitting there. Eventually he comes over, he puts his coin in. I say, make your wish. He makes his wish.
Speaker 4: Hang on.
Speaker 14: A lot more.
Speaker 4: That was beautifully delivered.
Speaker 6: Thanks, Oh well, you wait for this one. And then my second line is your wish is granted, and again break break.
Speaker 4: We need to give you an ovation right now. Performance. You're crushing it, right now, you're crushing it. Thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 15: Basically after that, he goes off, sings another song, and I just go back to staring out forward until the blackout comes at the end of the scene, I get wheel back behind.
Speaker 6: The curtains and.
Speaker 4: It's amazing. There are no small zultas in show Bis my friend. That is awesome. Chris will send your prize brilliant story. Thank you very much for sharing that with us today.
Speaker 6: Enjoy the week, all right.
Speaker 7: Thanks Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Still no calls you on people who changed their names. Karen has just emailed us she can't call in this morning. Karen wants to change her name. She never liked the name. Karen finds a bit blanned and obviously the last day two months have become one of those names. She wants a brand new name to start next year. Have you made a bank going? Do you want help from our listeners instead of Karen? That's a big one. And then the other day, I think in the Time Waster someone texted in a time Waster with the name Parker Saint Clair. It was an awesome name, Parks just left of the voicemail.
Speaker 13: Hi Christians, Parker Saint Clair here, Thanks so much for the shout out and the time Waster. Yeah, my name is pretty unique. I actually had a falling out with some family years ago and decided I wanted to change my name, and I wanted something pretty catchy, so I landed on Parker and Saint Claire. So I'd love to come along to the show next Friday. And also if you're looking for someone to do some karaoke, I can also do some pretty good karaoke for Johnny Diesel's crying in shame. We're a sabril a word apa really a hell rap through the n.
Speaker 4: Love it Parkerson Claire. I love the fact family fall out. Who knows what happened there? But as a result Parkerson Claire and.
Speaker 3: Then an unsolicited song singing of Johnny Diesel.
Speaker 4: And landed on wanted something catchy, Parkerson Claire. If you're going to start with a new name, just make up. Could be anybody Parkinson Claire. But it's rememberable. I like it all right. So if you get in stories about changing your name nine one, O four three, Come morning, Tracy.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 4: How are you? I'm good? So another call, thank you very much too. With the letter Z, what's your one?
Speaker 11: It's my word is zepp, so you could perhaps anyone that explains.
Speaker 4: That in any while electrocuted, Yes, always a fun thing. On the first things they teach you at Breakfast.
Speaker 3: Show, School in Emergencies, break class and do the electrocutions.
Speaker 4: Etecution stories on guys. Hi voltage this morning on the Breakfast Show.
Speaker 3: Non serious electrocution.
Speaker 4: Yes, keep it light, listeners, none of you're calling in from beyond the grave. Tracy, thank you, we'll see what we get. Worry, thank you, less Tracy. She's trying to keep it going to late. Eletrocuted. Give the number, give them give the number nine one O four three. By the way, if there are any doctors or surgeons listening. My mum, who was a nurse, right, She's always make out that since she was like an emergency ward nurse, so she'd always used I think she used to lie to me about someone who came in today just to get me to stop doing anything rerotely dangerous.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 4: She once told me that one day someone to come in, right who letrocute himself and his watch was so high the voltage had melted into his wrist. I have believed this to this day. Now I need to know, can you let you cute yourself where a watch melts into your wrist? Was my mum lying forty odd years ago to me.
Speaker 7: This is the Christian o'commel show podcast.
Speaker 6: Your wish is granted.
Speaker 4: We've almost done an hour on the letters. Zet, thank you so much to all the calls you guys keeping up in the air. Smrner, thank you. Can we round it out. We're only a couple of calls away. Loved her so many funny stories, Lilian, good morning, good morning. I'm good so Zed, What have you got for us to do with the letter? Said?
Speaker 11: Yeah, years ago I went to the melt the zoo was my youngest child. And we're at the gorilla enclosure and they're just standing there watching the gorillas, you know, play around and run around. And next minute, this grilla picked up a pile of pieces poo and just threw it. And I'll tell you what, it missed me by that much.
Speaker 4: Wow. Yeah, years ago. Zoo's a little bit looser than they was. Okay to have no sort of glass saw barriers that they would let the animals get real close to the humans.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, well not yeah, well I'm not long after maybe a ufo they.
Speaker 4: Did put off a higher antipo. The fence goes up. Okay, you've been told about that, all right. I bet I bet though, I bet your kid, love that right, best day ever. You see a great big going a chucking poo your mum, I go, there's money in that. There's charge people extra if you're going to chuck some muck at you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so you couldn't get the right. Was a little bit scared. The first one was behind me, and yeah it was a pile of poot.
Speaker 4: Lillian, thank you very much. Just remind anyone just did captain all right? Thank you very much. Lelt it. I've actually done about feces.
Speaker 3: I think she stopped her something in sentence. I think she was saying hot faces because she thought.
Speaker 4: Better of it, which is my safe web. AnyWho, let's move on. Bob, good morning.
Speaker 14: Morning, Christian, Jack and Patty here are.
Speaker 4: Bob let'sus said, what have you got for a s? Bobby boy zapped zapp'sned you. I was.
Speaker 14: I was marking around under the bondard of my girlfriend's car at the time, and I had on one of those watch with a metal band on it, you know, like a praise sort of band, and my watch came in contact with the positive terminal of the stardom motor didn't have protector on it. Now, there are about fifteen thousand volts and it just melted the band under my arm.
Speaker 8: So just.
Speaker 14: To this day, I've still got the what star of my rig really?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Oh yeah?
Speaker 4: Would I say like Cassio or it's sort sort of branded in there like Casi.
Speaker 14: No, no, not that it was only the band itself. So I've got like a little a little branded band on.
Speaker 4: Mys like a tattoo. You should just get the watch to marry up with it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, that's right. To this day, I don't use metal bands anymore. I'll stick with leather.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I won't ask you to do a mucking around under your girlfriend's bonnet. But all right, Bob, thank you very much. You're cool.
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 4: One last one, this is the guy I heard you. Just stop saying the word bullsack.
Speaker 14: All right.
Speaker 4: Jackie boy is giving us a little treat at the end. Here here's the that desserts. Sean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, how are you guys?
Speaker 4: I'm good? So okay, So is this a story about being electrocuted?
Speaker 16: Electrocuted? Yes, About ten to fifteen years ago, my dad's got a thirty three acres up in mold in new Castle, Maine, and my little six year old son was walking around and on the Electric French just walking walking, not getting zapped. And I said to the old man, I haven't got the fence, and he goes, oh, I thought I did, ob it's not so I go to get through the fence and in the thigh and the judge and crackers touched it and I got thrown eight feet and had blue sack and in a thigh.
Speaker 14: For two weeks.
Speaker 4: Oh usual term that hot fancies break.
Speaker 9: For the show.
Speaker 4: I think we've picked at something. I'm not sure that is something else. And when people throw through the air, they know exactly the distance, don't they eight feet? Shane, you couldn't round up till ten gator, I.
Speaker 6: Would have lived Olympic sports.
Speaker 4: Shannyboy was sending you a prize, great one to end on.
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Why don't everyone thank you?
Speaker 7: A broker?
Speaker 1: No, you're listening to the Christian o'carl show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're doing our Twelve Days of Christmas, twenty thousand dollars worth of prizes all for you to spend down on Chapel Street precincts. It's Christmas O'Connell's Twelve Days of Christmas today. It's an amazing price. This is awesome. Two thousand dollars to spend at Lantro tap on Grevell Street, great area of Chapel Street precinct.
Speaker 6: That is.
Speaker 4: We were there for my daughter's birthday last week. Entre Cot which is there. There's also an amazing vinyl record Grevel Records all around there. Two thousand dollars. You can have a hell of a Christmas party for that. Please invite us so two thousand dollars to spend this morning at Lantro tap On on Grevel Street. I say, Carrie, you say hokey? Why that sounds like karaoke done by Father Christmas. Let's find out more.
Speaker 9: Hello, Christian, I've heard this song stuck in my head all day, but I can't quite remember what it's called. If one of your listeners can help me out, I can give them a very special present from my sack.
Speaker 4: Let's not have any more that. I say, Carrie, you say, ok, all right, Santa's got a song stuck in his head. Here it is this morning. Can you guess what the song is? Ohs Christian?
Speaker 9: Here right?
Speaker 14: Go ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a tough one. Once more. What is this song? I say carry? I say Hokey, Right, Okay, I say carry Hokey. Gotcha baby, Christian, he you're right.
Speaker 12: Goo ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho Hey.
Speaker 4: Listen. If you want easy radio, go and listen to Fox doing Secret Sound nine four one four one oh four three. What's the song? I say, carry, Hokey?
Speaker 3: You gotta say you say?
Speaker 4: I say carry?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: You say you say you.
Speaker 4: Say Hoky, No, No, don't hoki? I say, Cindy up on.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: I say carry, You say Hoky. We got that?
Speaker 3: Oh ho ho.
Speaker 9: It's Christmas o'connall's twelve Days of Christmas.
Speaker 4: It is in. The good news to you is we have twenty thousand dollars worth of prizes between now and the end of next week, all viewed and joy down at the Amazing Chapel Street Precinct. Today's prize two thousand dollars to spend at Lantro Tap Grevel Street. We're doing Santa Carry Hoky, you got it. Here's the song so you can guess what it is.
Speaker 12: Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho.
Speaker 4: All right, let's take some guesses. Good morning, Laurel, Yes, hello, hello Lrel. What do you think the song is for? Santa? Carrie Hokey, Lady Gaga, Christmas Tree. Here's the wrong answer. It's not that one. But thank you very much for trying, Laurel.
Speaker 10: Okay, think got it?
Speaker 4: Stygud? What are you trying to getting on the lash? Didn't she get on the frothies? Brianna? Let's go to.
Speaker 8: Brianna here Aerican Santa's a huge Metallica fan and he's singing into salmon.
Speaker 17: That's the one. Congratulations, go on my nice list. Alright, let's start from sant chap Well. No, you are this morning to win, Brianna.
Speaker 11: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Who are you going to take? You got two thousand dollars to spend at Lantro Tap Grevell Street. Who's going to come down there for your Christmas drinks?
Speaker 11: Um?
Speaker 13: Just a family, mom and dad, my husband.
Speaker 6: We'll have a good one.
Speaker 4: Four people people, that's five hundred dollars each. We are going to have a good time. Now watch out Landro Tap listeners in coming. Well, Brianni, you won two thousand dollars spending the iconic Chapel Street printinct, where you can also grab something delicta to eat while he they're drinking at Lantro tap on Grevele Street. Enjoy your winnings and eatings and drinkings, Brianna, nice one.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much.
Speaker 11: Merry Christmas.
Speaker 7: Guys.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you very much. So thanks for producers just letting us know, hit, that's what that Lady Gaga song sounded like that we had about two minutes ago.
Speaker 3: Always lay the Santa mash up. We want to hear Santa sing metallic.
Speaker 4: No, this is great.
Speaker 6: Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho.
Speaker 4: The one we've got for Friday, I know before and people have got it, but the one we've got for Friday is virtually impossible, but we waiting to see it.
Speaker 7: Look Christian Connell Show podcast, thank.
Speaker 4: You very much. If you want to try to make our ages of the eighties finishing style with the letters Z. This morning we were trying to seek how many calls can we get and do a phone in about the letter Z. One last story from Lizzie who's the work right now? To deal with the letter Z and ziplining Christian twenty nineteen. We're on a cruise to the South Pacific and what's in Fiji? We started to do some ziplining now to set the scene. Ziplining Fij is a little different to Australia. It's a lot more sort of basic and to stop yourself you just have a leather glove that you clamp down on the still line to slow yourself down or to stop yourself. We were high in the forest with a lot of humidity with the harness on. I had an extra harness to keep me up right. I was a little bit larger then, but also badly some the day before and blisters on as well. I went for the long line, which was around eight hundred meters long. Already was starting to get the image here.
Speaker 3: Take ten minutes to get to the other side.
Speaker 4: Just you know, just remind themselves it's only two hundred meters short of a kilometer. I was very different FII. You hear someone screaming for a couple of minutes.
Speaker 3: Couldn't you get to the end and you couldn't even see where you started from?
Speaker 4: What was that two laps on an athletics trap Fiji, amazing Christian. I was up on the top of it, high up in the air, and I caught my shoe on the platform which was high in the trees. Basically milk crates joined together with zip ties. Well, I took off. I lost my grip and let go of the line. Obviously you could appreciate gravity and hundred meters. All I could hear was the guide at the other end, line of the line. Enemy, grab the line, grab the line in reach, and I was going before me slowly. We've got another seven hundred and me just to go. Oh that was going to stop me at the end of it was trees. Fortunate for me, this large man, thank god for him, huh, managed to push the lineup with both of his hands. But sadly it's slowed me down too much. I'm now in the middle of this. I started to roll backwards. People are laughing and filming it street just on their phones. I'm now dangling in the middle of this thing over a forest. Eventually a guy just to come ziping towards me, click me onto his harness and drag me all the way back. This is like an essays Australia rescuing someone. I had to go pro my helmet. Two years on. I can't bring myself to watch it.
Speaker 7: Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Time Waster to down the Time Waster. We're looking for your Viking movies. Are you ready to get your Norse on? I say Norse, you say how high? Okay, that's your haben Viking movies. The Wizard of Horse Silver Raw Raw, It's a plunderful life. Oh by that axe away silver plus citizen Canute Canute.
Speaker 3: Not familiar with Canute one of the.
Speaker 4: Most legendary rules. He was the he overtook England in the ten hundred. Yeah, just myself with the gold axe, said, I'm in charge right now. He's buried in the town I grew up in, King Canuti. He also heard the story of him trying to turn back the tide and a little history. Listen there, So Frank, I have the faces here on the show. It's not in this country. Not interested?
Speaker 3: Do more plunder stuff?
Speaker 4: Yes, well, top Gunner, Ah Gunner, Well Gunner, the whisperer whisper to them and the beyond identity Silver Who am I I am beyond? I do love Viking voices. You've got to do in a Viking voice. Okay from that neck of the where's the posts?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: Did the Dutch have their own Vikings? Maybe they didn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah the post is a little bit weak.
Speaker 3: Viking movie.
Speaker 4: Yes, zip, we've gone off to the Second World War and the Nazis reverse list.
Speaker 3: What I'll think. I'll wave my right to do the naughty choice.
Speaker 4: Please do that? Yes, take the fifth, the big long boat ski. Oh, yes, that's good. Yeah, I'll give that gold west Side, Thory west Side, that's good, smart one gold as well. Plunder for you.
Speaker 3: The Loky horror picture show to Old Bronzie and men who steal our goats?
Speaker 1: Oh now that is gold, well boy, Yes, yeah, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Today's time waster. We're looking for your Viking movies. Juxus had a quick look online that king Canuti.
Speaker 3: You're very right, and he did come to London and reign over the people of England for some time.
Speaker 4: He was a tourist who came over and came to London. Where is Harold's.
Speaker 3: Where's According to Wikipedia, one example of conuties.
Speaker 4: Roots up. Sorry, so uber Uber. All Vikings are.
Speaker 3: Here, let me do it any more of a Viking essence, not a Viking voice, a Viking essence. One example of Canute's graceful and magnificent behavior was the negotiation of a reduction in tolls on the roads to the Roman Empire. So essentially he came to Europe reigned over the people of London, but said you can have discount city link, but fair order.
Speaker 4: All right, we're back in the old long boat. You're ready to mark Viking movies. Let's go impaling, Miss Daisy. Awful start for a full start. It's a different time, Duncan p s I las you gold Warren. That's very good driving, Miss Helga, it is funny. Well the four shank redemption silver a weekend at burn hutties. Wow, very funny, Richard, that is very good. Odin where are val Silver? Stevie nor way out Bronze, I just have it's one of the countries that was. I'm riding down at excuses for ignorance, boy Jersey Lancing Silver, you've got chain mail, gold Field of the dance. We pillaged a zoo, silver horn and spears are who God, Julie, well done, dude, where's my drinking Horn, Bronze.
Speaker 3: Zeus Lander Silver no actually not a Nordic.
Speaker 4: And thegn and the magnificence ven Bronze who is winning the Big Brides off to Sunset Sounds by Longboat.
Speaker 3: I'm glad I wrote it down. Congratulations Richard for weekend at burn Huddi's.
Speaker 1: Wow, Richards, you're listening to the Christian o'carles show podcast.
Speaker 4: Early on this week we were talking about how Britue Sirio, who sits in the studio between Jack and I like a little umpire most overqualified man in radio two degrees, two degrees he studied for at Sydney University to end up working on this Choices in Life, Guys, Choices in Life. Jack and I were just getting ready to set up what we'd love to hear calls on tomorrow, which was basically, there's no small part, so not everyone got the lead in the school or a play. However, old Lord Fontroy here in the.
Speaker 3: Studio, always trying to one up us is he's a topper.
Speaker 4: Everyone knows a topper. You know, you've been to America, they've been to the White House. I've got a story on that, one of those. So Jack and you were. You've got a real sad story. Who were you? The set design.
Speaker 3: I auditioned for How the West Was Warped, our Cowboy play, and I had to paint the saloon.
Speaker 4: So when you say your audition, did you sort of read a line or sing? Yes, you had to.
Speaker 3: You had to prove you could sing.
Speaker 4: That's that's rough. Not only not in the play, Pat, I was in the the program though. I auditioned for Bugsy Malone, and I fancied myself thing. I think I've got a really good voice, and so you could pick your own song to bring it in. Most people chose, obviously songs on bugs in Malone. Not me. It's the eighties. I bought Blue Sway Juice from Elvis and the piano the music teacher, mister Adler right and his back to me right, and I could I could see he was shaking with Mary as I absolutely murdered Elvis auditioning for Buddy. You know this guy, Elvis is the eighties. Wake up, MAKEE smile the roses anyway, I didn't get it. I got the part of knuckles. Now, I don't know how familiar are with them Bugsy the Cars. Knuckles only does he not see, he doesn't speak on that. Oh, they didn't always come on and crack my knuckles. To its sound of it. I couldn't even get that right, all right, So there's no small parts tomorrow.
Speaker 3: No no stories from real Oh I was Oliver and Oliver twist. I was the fiddler on the roof.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Robert de Nio in the studio here, I mean he literally was Oliver the lead. So we're looking for no hopers like Jack and I. There's no small parts. Get in their early. Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Thanks listenedly and thank you much for ending out the ages of the eighties in style.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast